PDA

View Full Version : Porter and Bettis are the smart ones..here's why..

BlitzburghRockCity
02-05-2006, 02:08 PM
Cowher knows Ben is a young guy and he knows for all the great personality, work ethic, and coolness under pressure, the way he handles the media. This is the Super Bowl; its taken bigger QB's than Ben out of their game before it starts becuz they got too caught up in the media.

So what does he have. He has Bettis and the hometown feel good story, he has Joey trash talking, and he has Troy Polamalu and everybody talking about him and his abilities. The media has largely not had access to or been able to hound Ben this week. This works out so Ben can help stay focused.

Just an observation as we get closer and put all these last 2 weeks of talk behind us.

bigbensgirl7
02-05-2006, 02:13 PM
I agree 100%...actually, I would say this was completely planned out. Ben has stayed away from the media spotlight and has been taking a quite road to the Super Bowl...we couldn't ask for me becasue I feel like Ben has major confidence but there is no reason to add any unnecessay pressure...he is still young, even though he doesn't act like it most of the time!!!!

The Steelers are Masterminds

TexaSteeler
02-05-2006, 02:16 PM
I've noticed that too. I'm also noticing that Ben is very astute for each game. I'm getting the idea that he has been deep in game film recently.

Portland Hawk Fan
02-05-2006, 02:19 PM
Cowher knows Ben is a young guy and he knows for all the great personality, work ethic, and coolness under pressure, the way he handles the media. This is the Super Bowl; its taken bigger QB's than Ben out of their game before it starts becuz they got too caught up in the media.

So what does he have. He has Bettis and the hometown feel good story, he has Joey trash talking, and he has Troy Polamalu and everybody talking about him and his abilities. The media has largely not had access to or been able to hound Ben this week. This works out so Ben can help stay focused.

Just an observation as we get closer and put all these last 2 weeks of talk behind us.

Great point- maybe Cowher could pull off the ultimate coup and keep him away from the game too!

This is supposed to give you confidence in your QB?

LOL!!!

bigbensgirl7
02-05-2006, 02:24 PM
We have complete confidence in Ben....there's no reason to keep him in a spotlight if he doesn't have to be...now he can focus on football instead of the media.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-05-2006, 02:31 PM
Great point- maybe Cowher could pull off the ultimate coup and keep him away from the game too!

This is supposed to give you confidence in your QB?

LOL!!!

Oh please gimme a break.. that was pretty pathethic :sofunny: :dang:

We have all the confidence in the world in Ben, we know he can get it done. We also have confidence in the other 52 guys in that locker room and the coaches. But be that as it may, the more you can do to allow your player to focus on the game yet still have fun, its a BIG deal. You'll find that out later tonite.

gostillerz
02-05-2006, 02:31 PM
Yeah hawk fan. Keeping Ben outta the game might be your only chance of a chickenhawk victory. Even then it's doubtful, cause our backup qb ain't too shabby.