PDA

View Full Version : Politics Forum?

Borski
03-29-2010, 01:25 AM
Maybe we have enough forums already, but seeing that 7 out of the top 10 (non sticky) threads are about politics it might be a good idea to add a politics area to keep the locker room more light hearted.

HometownGal
03-29-2010, 08:54 AM
Maybe we have enough forums already, but seeing that 7 out of the top 10 (non sticky) threads are about politics it might be a good idea to add a politics area to keep the locker room more light hearted.

I agree wholeheartedly, Borski, and have brought this idea up to Mike once in the past. The political threads are strangling the Locker Room which isn't fair to those who don't want to engage in political flamefests and member clubbings . . . . errrrr, I mean discussions. :chuckle:

Mike - I think we should revisit this topic. :thumbsup:

SteelCityMan786
03-29-2010, 09:37 PM
I have also suggested this before. It might be time.

tony hipchest
03-29-2010, 10:01 PM
:huh: i thought the locker room was the political forum. :hunch:

on second thought, i do recall someone bringing this up in the past. :tap:

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=28783

we have a recipie thread that probably hasnt been posted in in months. hell we have a pirates sub-forum (and as a pirate fan i know there aint much good to talk about there).

is it too much to ask for a political sub-forum? i happen to like the political discussions and the civil debates they can often bring forth. i also regard the locker room as my 3rd-4th most favorite forum here, and see that some people dont want it infected with political talk now that the election is over.

it seems like a convinient solution to me. :noidea:

i have noticed that the "anti-obama/obama bashing thread of the day" congestion has recently ceased.

shalom... :peace:

Borski
03-30-2010, 12:32 AM
:huh: i thought the locker room was the political forum. :hunch:

on second thought, i do recall someone bringing this up in the past. :tap:

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=28783

:

I'm sorry, I forgot to look to see about past threads, you get full credit for the idea :thumbsup:

MACH1
03-30-2010, 12:48 AM
i have noticed that the "anti-obama/obama bashing thread of the day" congestion has recently ceased.

I'll try harder to remedy that. :wink02:

tony hipchest
03-30-2010, 12:58 AM
I'll try harder to remedy that. :wink02:

:ttiwwp:

:chuckle:

Borski
03-31-2010, 12:22 AM
So what would be the best way to gauge the public opion on this? Make a poll? if so here or in the locker room? (because not everyone reads this forum)

Shea
03-31-2010, 12:32 AM
I like this idea.

Less clutter in the locker room, and less repetitive threads since it would be confined in one area.

tony hipchest
03-31-2010, 01:12 AM
So what would be the best way to gauge the public opion on this? Make a poll? if so here or in the locker room? (because not everyone reads this forum)call rasmussen. appearantly that has been designated as the "be all, end all" standard.

:hunch:

tony hipchest
03-31-2010, 01:19 AM

obviously i spoke too soon.

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/merygo.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/elephant.jpg

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/chippewa-lake-abandoned-amusement-p.jpg

WHEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Borski
03-31-2010, 01:41 AM
call rasmussen. appearantly that has been designated as the "be all, end all" standard.

:hunch:

LOL we may disagree on alot, but that was funny :drink:

Fire Haley
03-31-2010, 05:05 PM
I think member clubbing should be open to all the public to enjoy.

Stlrs4Life
04-09-2010, 08:36 PM
You mean you should make your own GOP forum.

HometownGal
04-09-2010, 09:58 PM
You mean you should make your own GOP forum.

While we're at it, we probably should create an Obaaaaaaaama Herd forum too. We pride ourselves here on catering to the visually and hearing disabled. :drink:

tony hipchest
04-09-2010, 10:06 PM
:yuck:

43Hitman
04-13-2010, 10:40 PM
While we're at it, we probably should create an Obaaaaaaaama Herd forum too. We pride ourselves here on catering to the visually and hearing disabled. :drink:

I don't care who you are, that right thar is funny. :rofl:

CaliStillersFan
01-12-2011, 06:53 AM
Gee wouldn't it be nice if one day we all woke up and realized that 300 million can't possibly be squeezed into 2 political ideologies? I know very few people that fit into those nice little boxes; no wonder we keep getting screwed by our government. This country was screwed up under Bush and Obama has been no savior; in fact we've been getting screwed for decades by both parties, it's shocking anyone still supports either side. Just so you know there's a lot of us in this country that just sit back and watch the partisan rhetoric fly between both groups (generally only around election time when you're pretending to care), and we think you are ALL insane. I actually blame the people for voting these idiots into office as more of a problem than the politicians themselves, can't fault them for taking advantage of people dumb enough to vote for them.

:coffee: