PDA

View Full Version : Terror attack on Russia

Borski
03-29-2010, 01:28 AM
Details still coming in, but this is what there is so far.

Reports: Moscow Subway Blasts Kill at Least 41
(http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/03/29/blast-moscow-metro-kills/)NewsCore
At least 41 people were killed in two explosions that hit the Moscow metro during rush hour Monday, local news agencies reported.

At least 41 people were killed in two explosions that hit the Moscow metro during rush hour Monday, local news agencies reported.

The first hit the Lubyanka Metro Station in central Moscow about 7:56am local time (3:56am GMT), Russian news agency ITAR-TASS reported. Twenty-six were killed and 15 people were injured.

Sky News reported that a second explosion hit the Park Kultury station, three stations away on the same line, about 30 minutes later. AFP reported at least 15 people were killed.

RIA Novosti reported that a security source told the agency the Lubyanka station was hit by a bomb.

Interfax, quoting a Russian security source, reported the first blast may have been caused by a suicide bomber.

SteelerNation12
03-29-2010, 03:07 AM
last thing they wanna do is piss off Russia.

Galax Steeler
03-29-2010, 05:08 AM
Details still coming in, but this is what there is so far.

Reports: Moscow Subway Blasts Kill at Least 41
(http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/03/29/blast-moscow-metro-kills/)NewsCore

The first hit the Lubyanka Metro Station in central Moscow about 7:56am local time (3:56am GMT), Russian news agency ITAR-TASS reported. Twenty-six were killed and 15 people were injured.

Sky News reported that a second explosion hit the Park Kultury station, three stations away on the same line, about 30 minutes later. AFP reported at least 15 people were killed.

RIA Novosti reported that a security source told the agency the Lubyanka station was hit by a bomb.

Interfax, quoting a Russian security source, reported the first blast may have been caused by a suicide bomber.

Wonder who is behind this one.:tap:

SCSTILLER
03-29-2010, 07:17 AM

My guess would be the Chechens or the Caucus (sp) rebels

Leftoverhard
03-29-2010, 12:50 PM
They suspect Black Widows. Awful.

The ranks of the Shahidkas are filled mainly with 15-19 year old women. According to journalist Julia Jusik many of the women have been sold by their parents to be used as shahidkas, others have been kidnapped or tricked. Another group come from wahhabist families and are pressured to become shahidkas by their family. Only one out of ten act out of conviction or want revenge or want to die. Many have been prepared to the suicide by way of narcotics and rapes (making them ineligible for marriage). Several have been pregnant at the time. Mainly they are given no training at all in preparation for the suicides as no weapon skill is needed to strap on the explosives. Many don't even blow themselves up, but are blown up by remote control.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shahidka

AllD
03-29-2010, 04:01 PM
If I was OBama I would be on the phone to the Russian President and ask him if he needed any intelligence or military assistance on the matter. Then I would give him card blanche' and publicly back any efforts to bring the cowards who organized the act to justice. Enough is enough already.

SteelersMongol
03-29-2010, 08:59 PM

Well, V all know it's not this Mongol guy.

http://imgs2.kavkazcenter.com/eng/content/2008/11/25/10342_1.jpg

chacha
03-29-2010, 09:20 PM
it's disgusting how these groups send out these foolish lost souls and have them blow themselves up in the name of their cause. It's really awful those people just going to work or school and having this happen.

steelerdude15
03-30-2010, 01:38 AM
This is pretty sad, I hope things get better for them over there.

tony hipchest
03-30-2010, 01:46 AM
Well, V all know it's not this Mongol guy.

http://imgs2.kavkazcenter.com/eng/content/2008/11/25/10342_1.jpg

i dont know... that dude looks pretty scary. :wink02:

SteelersMongol
03-30-2010, 10:55 AM
i dont know... that dude looks pretty scary. :wink02:

He WAS 1 of the leaders of Chechen rebels. & I said was because he was killed like a month ago. & also there is a speculation that these recent bombings inside Moscow metro was a revenge 4 his killing.

Matty™
03-30-2010, 12:00 PM
day of mourning today, flags are all at half mast.

Seen a number of jokes already, sometimes pity the people so quick to make up these remarks.

Fire Haley
03-30-2010, 02:51 PM
I didn't know they had Amish in Russia.

WH
04-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Anything new on this story?

Matty™
04-02-2010, 04:35 AM

well another suicide bomber has struck in Russia, killing a number of Russian police officers I believe a couple days after the subway bombs

not a good time to be living in RUssia

WH
04-02-2010, 05:27 AM
Great, Great idea terrorists. Piss off Russians.

Fire Haley
04-02-2010, 08:03 AM
My guess would be the Chechens or the Caucus (sp) rebels

You would be correct.

The Chechens have their own sad story too, Stalin shipped them all off to Siberia during WWII.

Moscow metro suicide bomber identified

The female suicide bomber who set off a bomb at Park Kultury metro station on March 29 has been identified, a source of the Russian security service in the North Caucasus Federal District said.

On Monday, March 29 twin blasts at the Lubyanka and Park Kultury stations occurred during the morning rush hour, leaving at least 39 people dead and dozens injured.

"At the moment only the suicide bomber who set off a bomb at the Park Kultury metro station has been identified. She is a resident of Dagestan", the source said, adding that, in the interests of the investigation, her name could not be revealed.

Dagestan is an impoverished region of Russia's volatile North Caucasus.

Federal Security Service director Alexander Bortnikov said on Thursday there was evidence showing the attacks had been carried out by gangs "linked to the north Caucasus." Bortnikov said the service had cast a dragnet for the organizers. He did not indicate how many suspects had been detained, only saying they were being questioned intensively.

Two explosions on Wednesday in the town of Kizlyar, near Dagestan's border with Chechnya, killed 12 people and left 29 people injured. The blasts in Dagestan occurred just two days after the bombings of the Moscow metro.

http://en.rian.ru/russia/20100401/158397451.html

Fire Haley
04-02-2010, 08:48 AM

Teenage bride of Islamist militant named as 'Black Widow' suicide bomber

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/multimedia/archive/00704/bomber2_704171a.jpg

The 17-year-old bride of an Islamist militant was named today as one of the “Black Widow” suicide bombers who killed 39 people in the Moscow Metro.

Investigators believe that Dzhennet Abdurakhmanova blew herself up at the Lubyanka station, close to the headquarters of Russia’s Federal Security Service (FSB), in revenge for the killing of her husband, Kommersant newspaper reported.

It published a photograph of the teenager exuding childish defiance as she brandished a pistol in black Islamic dress next to her husband, Umalat Magomedov. He was killed on New Year’s Eve in a shoot-out with police in his native Dagestan.

The woman who carried out the second bombing at Park Kultury station has not been identified yet but Kommersant reported that investigators suspected it was a 20-year-old Chechen woman, Markha Ustarkhanova.

She was the widow of the self-styled “Emir” of the Gudermes region of Chechnya, Said-Emi Khizriyev, who was shot dead by police last October. Khizriyev had been accused of plotting to asassinate Ramzan Kadyrov, Chechnya’s Kremlin-backed President.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/europe/article7085541.ece