PDA

View Full Version : UPDATE: Police Re-Open Holmes Case

colescott1
03-29-2010, 08:47 AM
According to TMZ....Santonio Holmes got into some trouble at a nightclub, throwing a glass at a lady who wouldn't move from a couch in the VIP room.

Geez guys......

Pentheon
03-29-2010, 08:54 AM
This is a joke man, does he not care about his career? Feel like our damn team is falling apart.

Get it together!!!:doh:

fansince'76
Sounds like a bunch of :poop: to me. Police "refused" to file a report? Uh-huh.

Florida_Steelers_Fan
Why not... Last year was the summer of discontent. This year appears to be the summer of malcontent...

XxKnightxX
03-29-2010, 08:59 AM
And here we go again.... First our QB now our WR, Mendenhalls next with this damn pattern. Lets see what develops out of this, but rest assured if these allegations are true, Forget about a contract extension for Santonio. Hes done in Pittsburgh. The players are tainting the Franchises Image little by little, were becoming the damn Bungles. The Rooneys must show their mettle and decide if they stand true to their tradition or if they are going to be pushover for this. I think Sweed just got another shot at remaining with the steelers.

EDIT: I think this story is a crock of crap and looks like it was made by a 10 year old lol. But I really miss the extremely boring no-news offseason.

fansince'76
03-29-2010, 09:06 AM
I think I'll file a lawsuit against a Steelers player too, claiming the police didn't want to get involved. It'll make the news, and the player will automatically be convicted by public opinion! Sweet!

Venom
03-29-2010, 09:25 AM
The Steelers brass must be very happy about this " publicity ". What are we guys , the next Cincinnati Bengals ?

BigBen'sSwagger
03-29-2010, 09:30 AM
I think I'll file a lawsuit against a Steelers player too, claiming the police didn't want to get involved. It'll make the news, and the player will automatically be convicted by public opinion! Sweet!

Did you say SWEED?!?!?!

Fire Haley
03-29-2010, 09:31 AM
"The Orlando Police Department failed to write a police report."

They know you got to keep them bitches in line.

fansince'76
03-29-2010, 09:33 AM
Time until "What WRs will be available at pick 18?" threads start in draft forum: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....

Nadroj 20
03-29-2010, 09:35 AM
Time until "What WRs will be available at pick 18?" threads start in draft forum: 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....

:chuckle:

We need to go get Marshall!!! or Dez Bryant, of course Tebow will fix all of our probelms too! Pick him at 18 for sure....

Cmdurand21
03-29-2010, 09:38 AM
Yo Ben, I'm really happy fo you and I'ma let you finish.. BUT Santonio Holmes is one of the best criminals of all time.

SteelKid212
03-29-2010, 09:55 AM
here we go again..... :coffee:

klick81
03-29-2010, 09:55 AM
Tomlin really should lay into the entire team...start treating them like high school kids. Where there's smoke there's fire...

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-29-2010, 09:56 AM
:chuckle:

We need to go get Marshall!!! or Dez Bryant, of course Tebow will fix all of our probelms too! Pick him at 18 for sure....

Why not get John Kuhn?? He can play FB, WR, QB, impart morals on the team, part the red sea and hopefully find a cure for ebola.

Sure the media believes Tebow can do all that too, but we should be able to get Kuhn for less than the #18 pick. :wink:

steelerchad
03-29-2010, 09:57 AM
I'm surprised this news would just be making it's way out now, 3 weeks after the incident?
Hope it's BS. We don't need another problem right now.

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
03-29-2010, 10:04 AM
Can someone please uncork these guys heads from their asses. Two words - Cincinnati Bengals.

LamarrWoodleysFade
03-29-2010, 10:05 AM
*sigh*

Is it September yet?

stillers4me
03-29-2010, 10:20 AM
Who Dey!

Fire Haley
03-29-2010, 10:21 AM
I think I'll file a lawsuit against a Steelers player too

Gold digger

Of course it's about the money - she's not pressing charges, according to the report she was too drunk to talk - let alone write.

Plaintiff... made a short victim statement incoherently stating that she was hit in the face and bleeding near her eyes, however, intended not to press charges. The Orlando Police Department failed to write a police report." "She seeks damages for assault and battery and emotional distress".

Prok
03-29-2010, 10:23 AM
At least we got a little deflection from all the Ben BS.

I'm tellin' all who will listen: Ben and Santonio are my two fav Steelers now. Not a doubt.

:tt:

zulater
03-29-2010, 10:38 AM
Gold digger

Of course it's about the money - she's not pressing charges, according to the report she was too drunk to talk - let alone write.

Plaintiff... made a short victim statement incoherently stating that she was hit in the face and bleeding near her eyes, however, intended not to press charges. The Orlando Police Department failed to write a police report." "She seeks damages for assault and battery and emotional distress".

Smells like bs to me.

SteelerEmpire
03-29-2010, 10:38 AM
Ben 2 Holmes... literally... ANOTHER ALCOHOL INVOLVED INCIDENT !!! Does anyone see a pattern forming ??

Prok
03-29-2010, 10:40 AM
Ben 2 Holmes... literally... ANOTHER ALCOHOL INVOLVED INCIDENT !!! Does anyone see a pattern forming ??

Yeah somebody is definately out to make Steelers look bad.

Sorry but i don't see either of these stories being true.

zulater
03-29-2010, 10:41 AM

Yeah, pro athletes are targets for get rich quick schemes from clumsy drunk hussies.

:coffee:

MACH1
03-29-2010, 10:42 AM
No police report, didn't place charges = guilty.

Should I start a thread or a poll on whether he should be suspended. :rolleyes:

MACH1
03-29-2010, 10:43 AM

Nah we have El and Sweeeeeeeeeeeed.

tube517
03-29-2010, 10:45 AM
This is beyond ridiculous. Is this the SB XLIII jinx? Ben, Santonio, James Harrison, Gary Russell. All were involved in the TD's of that game. All had legal troubles or some connection to legal troubles (Russell - I don't know that story). Let's throw in Skippy and you have all the scoring.

Fire Haley
03-29-2010, 10:50 AM
This 'incident' happened almost a month ago....

KFFL / Steelers | Holmes accused of attack in nightclub

Mon, 29 Mar 2010 07:40:24 -0700

Jason Cato, of the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, reports Pittsburgh Steelers WR Santonio Holmes is accused of injuring a woman at a Florida nightclub, according to Courthouse News Service. Holmes reportedly threw a glass filled with booze into a woman's face, cutting her near the eye. The report states that the nightclub removed Anshonoe Mills from the premises after the altercation and that Orlando police refused to take a report. Details of the alleged incident are included in a civil lawsuit Mills filed last week in Florida against Holmes and J.J. Whispers Group Inc. She claims the attack happened March 7 at the Rain Night Club in Orlando

Psyychoward86
03-29-2010, 10:51 AM
What is this crap, are we the new Cincy Bengals?

Prok
03-29-2010, 10:58 AM
I'm in the process of having some one build me a sig pic. Big Ben on left, Santonio on right, F U clowns fans in the middle.

:drink:

steelpride12
03-29-2010, 11:03 AM
Regardless if this is true or not it's truly embarrassing its all over ESPN, and of course all local Pitt news stations will over blow this and it's just getting really old right about now.

BlastFurnace
03-29-2010, 11:10 AM
"That's how you be great"

- Santonio Holmes

memphissteelergirl
03-29-2010, 11:28 AM
Damnit!! :banging:

When it rains it pours, don't it?

But in all truthfulness, this sounds like some drunk skank looking for a payday! But these guys have got to stop putting themselves in these positions! :doh:

BlastFurnace
03-29-2010, 11:30 AM
Atleast Ben and Santonio are on the same page this offseason.

Prok
03-29-2010, 11:30 AM
Santonio had some interesting tweets on twitter this am. And no i'm not c&p'ing them. Sign up.

:flap:

steelerdude15
03-29-2010, 11:37 AM
:doh: This is just one more thing we have to deal with now... Anyways, how about those Pens this weekend. :thumbsup:

HometownGal
03-29-2010, 12:01 PM
I'm doing what I normally do when there aren't enough cold, hard facts out there yet to pass judgment - calling :bs: until I get all the facts . . . just the facts ma'am.

Though Santo looks like he has the debil in him and has a one-timer in his past of being abusive towards a woman, I smell :poop: here considering this chick didn't file a police report until 3 weeks after the alleged incident.

I'll betcha if you check the fandom of Mrs. Ed (McNutty), the underaged sloshed bimbo at the bar in GA and this chickie, they're either Browns, Rats or Bungles fans. :chuckle: :wink:

Cinnjerm
03-29-2010, 12:04 PM
This shit is starting to get out of hand with all these Steelers ****ing up. I kinda just wish everything would just remain quiet from now until the draft.

Prok
03-29-2010, 12:11 PM
I'm doing what I normally do when there aren't enough cold, hard facts out there yet to pass judgment - calling :bs: until I get all the facts . . . just the facts ma'am.

Though Santo looks like he has the debil in him and has a one-timer in his past of being abusive towards a woman, I smell :poop: here considering this chick didn't file a police report until 3 weeks after the alleged incident.

I'll betcha if you check the fandom of Mrs. Ed (McNutty), the underaged sloshed bimbo at the bar in GA and this chickie, they're either Browns, Rats or Bungles fans. :chuckle: :wink:

Agreed. My guess is there is a network of stains fans trying to undermine our success. I personally KNOW stains fans who would jump at the chance. lol

Gotta admit for some odd reason i'm really starting to enjoy this off-season tho. ;)

scsteeler
03-29-2010, 12:13 PM
An accusation is just that! I can accuse someone of anything not saying something did not happen but we must wait on the facts as Hometown Girl Stated.

In this bad economy everyone is trying to find a way to make that quick easy dollar and what better way to find an NFL player or someone with money and put yourself in position to make an claim and at the very least get some money to just squash the thing and keep it hush hush even though the person may not be guilty of anything except being taken advantage of.

In most cases though that person is talked into elevating the situation to a more dramatic level to get more money.

Prok
03-29-2010, 12:22 PM
Well he told ESPN his lawyer would have it cleared up within 24 hours. Wonder what that means ??

pete74
03-29-2010, 12:22 PM
were definatly not extending his contract now. there was still a chance we would but he is as good as gone now. whats up with these steeler players. boy how times have changed

Prok
03-29-2010, 12:30 PM
were definatly not extending his contract now. there was still a chance we would but he is as good as gone now. whats up with these steeler players. boy how times have changed

That would totally disappoint me Pete. I want Santonio to retiire a Steeler. Same with Ben. I don't think Santonio has been a problem child at all.

Ben and Santonio are 2 great players that would be VERY difficult to replace imo.

I suspect coach T will have a long sit-down with the entire team before long.

zulater
03-29-2010, 12:36 PM

We really need an eye roll emotcon here. Because that's what I'm doing right now.

I hope you don't forget to post when the Steelers open contract discusions with Santonio.

pete74
03-29-2010, 12:36 PM
That would totally disappoint me Pete. I want Santonio to retiire a Steeler. Same with Ben. I don't think Santonio has been a problem child at all.

Ben and Santonio are 2 great players that would be VERY difficult to replace imo.

I suspect coach T will have a long sit-down with the entire team before long.

the only way i would want to give up ben is for the #1 draft pick next year so we could grab washingtons QB. i would only consider that because the way ben plays football causes alot if injuries and results in a short carear

as for holmes, i had my doubts we wouold resign him. he is a top wr and will probably demand more money then were willing to pay

Dino 6 Rings
03-29-2010, 12:37 PM
When it rains....pass the beer nuts.

Prok
03-29-2010, 12:40 PM
the only way i would want to give up ben is for the #1 draft pick next year so we could grab washingtons QB. i would only consider that because the way ben plays football causes alot if injuries and results in a short carear

as for holmes, i had my doubts we wouold resign him. he is a top wr and will probably demand more money then were willing to pay

The days of Steelers being labled cheap or frugal is over IMO.

My prediction: We get Santonio locked up for at least 5-6 more years. Hopefully within the next few months.

And i really believe Santonio wants to retire a Steeler.

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-29-2010, 12:54 PM
We really need an eye roll emotcon here. Because that's what I'm doing right now.

:rolleyes:

slippy
03-29-2010, 01:20 PM
see, this offseason mess is the kind of thing that happens when you don't run the ball!

plenewken
03-29-2010, 01:24 PM
This shit is starting to get out of hand with all these Steelers ****ing up. I kinda just wish everything would just remain quiet from now until the draft.

It's all Arians fault. They shoulda fired his sorry @ss and none of this would have happened.

T&B fan
03-29-2010, 01:27 PM
see, this offseason mess is the kind of thing that happens when you don't run the ball!

It's all Arians fault. They shoulda fired his sorry @ss and none of this would have happened.

I like it :rofl::rofl::wink02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
03-29-2010, 01:32 PM

Exactly!!! I hear that Arians was at the bar with Ben AND at the Nightclub with Santonio. Its HIS job to weed out the skanks and Ho's....and give our offensive players a legit alibi if things go wrong.

Neither of these situations would have EVER happened if he would just put a Fullback in the backfield!!!!

No excuse.

Nadroj 20
03-29-2010, 01:40 PM
Why not get John Kuhn?? He can play FB, WR, QB, impart morals on the team, part the red sea and hopefully find a cure for ebola.

Sure the media believes Tebow can do all that too, but we should be able to get Kuhn for less than the #18 pick. :wink:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Dude im in class and literally laughed out loud

Prok
03-29-2010, 01:41 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

+NuBbS+
03-29-2010, 01:44 PM
i know this sounds bad but im enjoying all the people who say that were gonna get rid of Ben and Tone...lol just FYI they aren't going anywhere....so get over yourself... i wonder what would happen if we put some of the crazy people in the front office?? Maybe draft Tebow who is the angel child until someone turns him out..... then get Dez Bryant just because we can....and start from scratch....lol :chuckle:

pete74
03-29-2010, 02:14 PM
i know this sounds bad but im enjoying all the people who say that were gonna get rid of Ben and Tone...lol just FYI they aren't going anywhere....so get over yourself... i wonder what would happen if we put some of the crazy people in the front office?? Maybe draft Tebow who is the angel child until someone turns him out..... then get Dez Bryant just because we can....and start from scratch....lol :chuckle:

because you know that we will be able to afford holmes right. LOL. odds are there will be a salery cap again and we already have some high paid players. if could only afford one player i would take woodley over holmes and it may come down to that

LVSteelersfan
03-29-2010, 02:16 PM
I know these are young men with way too much money. But, come on. Stay out of those night clubs. They are nothing but trouble. Holmes needs to stay at home and be the family man he tried to portray himself as around Super Bowl time and quit hanging out in clubs. I don't care if he is re-signed or not at this point with the weed found in his car and an obvious disrespect for and beating up on women. I can't believe the Rooneys will give a huge contract to someone who seems to have a history of getting himself in trouble. Sorry, but these guys make way too much money. Give them the working man's salary like the rest of us and they won't have the money to go out and get in trouble in these clubs.

Prok
03-29-2010, 02:28 PM
because you know that we will be able to afford holmes right. LOL. odds are there will be a salery cap again and we already have some high paid players. if could only afford one player i would take woodley over holmes and it may come down to that

I think Art II is proving himself abit differently than Dan. I think he'll open up his wallet and get Santonio an extension. The eventual cap won't play much role imo as it will go up for everyone.

We should be able to afford to keep great players.

AllD
03-29-2010, 02:56 PM
NFL players and alcohol do not mix. It seems many are immature and should never leave the security of their homes or Pittsburgh. They forgot that outside of Pitt they do not receive the same public respect as they do in the City of Champions. Maybe some of it is going to their heads.

Pittsky
03-29-2010, 03:27 PM
it amazes me the lack of respect of these guys...they are slapping the entire league and franchise in the F****** face...they don't give a damn about anything...for those of you that think that neither ben or holmes are at fault in any way. you are truly delusional. it pains me to not be able to defend players i love, but this is BS.

i live in orlando, and i know of club rain and it's location. this is no place for a celebrity to be...your just asking for trouble....well. you got it holmes...congratulations.

SteelGhost
03-29-2010, 03:34 PM
I will reserve judgement of Tone's case as I'm doing in Ben's, BUT the FO and coaching staff must do something ASAP, IMHO.

fansince'76
03-29-2010, 03:37 PM
it amazes me the lack of respect of these guys...they are slapping the entire league and franchise in the F****** face...they don't give a damn about anything...for those of you that think that neither ben or holmes are at fault in any way. you are truly delusional. it pains me to not be able to defend players i love, but this is BS.

i live in orlando, and i know of club rain and it's location. this is no place for a celebrity to be...your just asking for trouble....well. you got it holmes...congratulations.

As you live there, do you really think the Orlando cops would refuse to file a report and try to coerce the woman to basically "just forget about it" as the news story claims? Color me skeptical. Anybody can make an accusation.

I will reserve judgement of Tone's case as I'm doing in Ben's, BUT the FO and coaching staff must do something ASAP, IMHO.

Like what? Put everyone on the team on house arrest?

pete74
03-29-2010, 03:50 PM
it definatly wont be a fun start to the season if our star qb and best wr are both suspended. on a brighter note that would bring us alot closer to drafting jake locker from washington next season or luck from stanford

Pittsky
03-29-2010, 04:15 PM
As you live there, do you really think the Orlando cops would refuse to file a report and try to coerce the woman to basically "just forget about it" as the news story claims? Color me skeptical. Anybody can make an accusation.

this kind of stuff happens all the time out there...that's why you'll never even catch me downtown orlando, and i'm a nobody...if the woman had cuts like the report says i dont think they would just let it go...but its not really whether or not it happened...it's the position santonio and ben are putting themselves in...i agree with you about anyone can make an accusation, but they shouldn't even have the opportunity...if they are going to go out and have a few drinks, it needs to be in a controlled environment...they have responsibilities and have to live by a different set of rules than the rest of us...thats just how it is when your a celebrity....to act any other way is ignorant and your asking for it...

SteelGhost
03-29-2010, 04:18 PM

Hey FS76 I know we all are a little bit nervous about this Ben's and Santo's stuff but I wouldn't go that far, maybe a good meeting with all the team, CS and FO would be enough :noidea: What about that ? :tt02:

fansince'76
03-29-2010, 04:21 PM
Hey FS76 I know we all are a little bit nervous about this Ben's and Santo's stuff but I wouldn't go that far, maybe a good meeting with all the team, CS and FO would be enough :noidea: What about that ? :tt02:

Yep, a good "reinforcement meeting" between the players and team brass is probably called for at this point. :drink:

fansince'76
03-29-2010, 04:23 PM
this kind of stuff happens all the time out there...that's why you'll never even catch me downtown orlando, and i'm a nobody...if the woman had cuts like the report says i dont think they would just let it go...but its not really whether or not it happened...it's the position santonio and ben are putting themselves in...i agree with you about anyone can make an accusation, but they shouldn't even have the opportunity...if they are going to go out and have a few drinks, it needs to be in a controlled environment...they have responsibilities and have to live by a different set of rules than the rest of us...thats just how it is when your a celebrity....to act any other way is ignorant and your asking for it...

"Disney Cops." :chuckle:

In all seriousness, I agree - these guys have to grow eyes in the backs of their heads. :eye: :eye:

huntingteacher
03-29-2010, 04:26 PM
I suspect this is why we have too many W/R's. The Rooney's knew about these charges. His days are numbered. They are looking for a trade. He is going to be the example this year.

SteelGhost
03-29-2010, 04:28 PM
Yep, a good "reinforcement meeting" between the players and team brass is probably called for at this point. :drink:

:drink:

Merchant
03-29-2010, 04:43 PM
I suspect this is why we have too many W/R's. The Rooney's knew about these charges. His days are numbered. They are looking for a trade. He is going to be the example this year.

You're a moron.

chacha
03-29-2010, 04:56 PM

I VERY seriously doubt that.

tony hipchest
03-29-2010, 04:58 PM
*sigh*

i guess troy polamalu getting accused of DWI and shooting neighbors dogs with a cross bow is just around the corner. :doh:

brett keisel is gonna fail a NFL test for HGH, and willie gay busted buying crack and soliciting a tranvestite prostitute.

hell, dan rooney will probably get popped for tax evasion. :banging:

StainlessStill
03-29-2010, 05:01 PM
Time for Mike Tomlin to sit these criminals and THUGS down, lay down the law and rid of this SCUM posing as a Pittsburgh Steeler. This isn't how we run things. Cowher would of NEVER let this bullshit happen and you've NEVER seen it under his regime. Make it right Tomlin, clear house, or get goin. Enough of this horseshit.

There's a line of winning and being a thug run team. This isn't how we do things, we take great pride of who we are and image is right up there with winning. We've always won, period. We need to give these dudes one more strike, and the Rooney's don't tolerate it.

Any minute I'm waiting for:

"Jeff Reed eats woman's baby"
"Mike Tomlin hangs own children"
"Ben Roethlisberger reveals he's transvestite."
"Rashard Mendenall marries long time, same sex boyfriend"
"Heath Miller sets orphanage on fire"
"Troy Polamalu tombstones wife in fire pit"
"Charlie Batch and Willie Parker elope"
"Steelers fan assassinates long time respected owner Dan Rooney for not signing Terrell Owens"

Waiting for it.

Pittsky
03-29-2010, 05:10 PM
funny, last night there was just a commercial about santonio holmes and the upcoming draft. holmes was talking about how excited and honored he was to be picked by the steelers in the draft. way to show you give a F***.

tyler289
03-29-2010, 05:12 PM

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/54/worfisfrustratedmz8.gif

AllD
03-29-2010, 05:18 PM
I'll tell you one thing, Coach Noll would have his foot so far up the rear ends of these prima donnas he would lose both shoes.

Pittsky
03-29-2010, 05:22 PM
http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/54/worfisfrustratedmz8.gif

http://fc07.deviantart.com/fs45/f/2009/108/5/8/Double_Face_Palm_by_RIOTmon.jpg

smokin3000gt
03-29-2010, 05:24 PM
*sigh*

i guess troy polamalu getting accused of DWI and shooting neighbors dogs with a cross bow is just around the corner. :doh:

brett keisel is gonna fail a NFL test for HGH, and willie gay busted buying crack and soliciting a tranvestite prostitute.

hell, dan rooney will probably get popped for tax evasion. :banging:

Troy could have shot the neighbors dog with a crossbow?!? THESE GUYS NEED TO SHAPE UP! CUT AND MAKE AN EXAMPLE OUT OF HIM!!

Troy really needs to not leave his house. He is a football player!

tony hipchest
03-29-2010, 05:28 PM
Troy could have shot the neighbors dog with a crossbow?!? THESE GUYS NEED TO SHAPE UP! CUT AND MAKE AN EXAMPLE OUT OF HIM!!

Troy really needs to not leave his house. He is a football player!:laughing:

i know, right?

harrison slaps baby momma at home. joey porters pit bulls eat a neighbors horse. nothing good happens at home after 1:00 in the afternoon. they need to wise up and quit hanging out at home. the next thing you know, they will be spanking their children. :jawdrop:

SteelCityMom
03-29-2010, 05:29 PM
I really wish people would quit comparing players of today with players of the 70's etc. etc. Those guys weren't perfect angels at all. Hell...many of them did a lot more drugs than any one player is able to get away with nowadays. And I wouldn't be surprised to find that some of them had hot tempers when it came to women either. Can you imagine if the media frenzy surrounding sports was the same back then as it is today? Whoa boy!

XxKnightxX
03-29-2010, 05:34 PM
I forgot who said it but hey having Tebow as our next QB wouldn't be such a bad idea. Well have a cluelless QB that will either get Arians fired or Force him to ruin the football 85 percent of the time and barely throw as he develops. Therefore giving us our smashmouth idenitty back and running the ball and making it to the AFC Championship every year, only to lose and wish we had Ben back lol.

tony hipchest
03-29-2010, 05:37 PM
FIRE TEBOW!

smokin3000gt
03-29-2010, 05:42 PM
OMG! Hampton done SMACKED MY MOMMA!

smokin3000gt
03-29-2010, 05:48 PM
Man off-season is brutal..

steeldawg
03-29-2010, 05:51 PM
Guys do you really believe this crap. santonio holmes wanted some girls spot on the vip couch. One, with the money hes gonna drop in that place that club manager is getting him a spot on the couch. two, even if the manager cant find a spot for him on the couch instead of an nfl player just pulling the girl off the couch he's gonna smash her in the face with a glass, sounds far fetched. And then the orlando police wont wright a police report and shes too drunk to speak but the only words she can get out of her mouth is she doesnt want to press charges.

willie_district
03-29-2010, 05:54 PM
ORLANDO (CN) - Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Santonio Holmes threw a glass of booze in a woman's face - including the glass - cutting her near the eye, after which the nightclub kicked her out and Orlando Police refused to write a police report, the woman says. She says Holmes was drunk and attacked her because he wanted her place on a couch.
Anshonoe Mills sued Holmes and the J.J. Whispers Group in Orange County Court. She say Holmes attacked her on March 7 at the Rain Night Club in Orlando.
After club security took her outside, bleeding from the face, she says she "asked a police officer to reprimand the defendant for his actions."
The complaint continues: "When confronted with the possibility of incarceration, defendant asked to speak with the plaintiff. He proceeded to inform the plaintiff that he was an NFL football player and that he could not face criminal charges. Subsequently, defendant offered to give the plaintiff money because he was an NFL star and could not get into trouble. Plaintiff felt pressure from the defendant and the Orlando Police Department not to press charges. Plaintiff, feeling pressured, made a short victim statement incoherently stating that she was hit in the face and bleeding near her eyes, however, intended not to press charges. The Orlando Police Department failed to write a police report."
She seeks damages for assault and battery and emotional distress. She is represented by Jacques Cooper.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2010/03/29/Santonio.pdf

Come on now...unless Holmes busted the glass in his hand first it would not "cut" a person.

steeldawg
03-29-2010, 05:55 PM
I think we lead the league in civil suits

Fire Haley
03-29-2010, 06:01 PM
The new Florio joke

Steelers go 12-4

12 arrests, 4 convictions

pete74
03-29-2010, 06:32 PM
Guys do you really believe this crap. santonio holmes wanted some girls spot on the vip couch. One, with the money hes gonna drop in that place that club manager is getting him a spot on the couch. two, even if the manager cant find a spot for him on the couch instead of an nfl player just pulling the girl off the couch he's gonna smash her in the face with a glass, sounds far fetched. And then the orlando police wont wright a police report and shes too drunk to speak but the only words she can get out of her mouth is she doesnt want to press charges.

do you really belive its not true just because he is a steeler? obviously nobody knows if he is guilty or not so lets stop saying he is or isnt until we find out.

steeldawg
03-29-2010, 06:44 PM
do you really belive its not true just because he is a steeler? obviously nobody knows if he is guilty or not so lets stop saying he is or isnt until we find out.

We know hes not guilty. cant be guilty no charges were filed.

GodfatherofSoul
03-29-2010, 06:46 PM
What's happening is all these groupie skanks spreading their legs for a little NFL dick have figured out that they can parlay their 5 minutes of **** sucking into a reality TV career. Gone is the day of the gentleman's agreement between chicken heads and pro players. If a pro player grazes against one of these skanks, she'll be crying rape for now on.

Rick5895
03-29-2010, 07:16 PM
This is getting really old. Unfortunately we live in a society where people see big dollars when they see pro athletes. Unfortunately we live in a society now with more media than ever (cameras in phones, video cameras, internet etc) This type of media wasn't around in the 70's , niether was the big money athletes or we would have seen more of this then too.
All that being said, these athletes especially those like Ben and Santo who have had mishaps before, need to understand this and act accordingly, and NOT PUT THEMSELVES IN THE POSITION FOR THESE ALLEGATIONS TO BE MADE. Is it fair they should have to basically hide a bit, NO. But this sometimes comes with celebrity. Making the wrong choices puts you in the news for all the wrong reasons and when you are super bowl champs and hero's making millions of dollars, going into washrooms with 20 year old girls and hanging out in sleazy bars with sleazy customers are the wrong decisions.
WISE UP BOYS, or IMO your careers will go down the drain.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
03-29-2010, 07:16 PM
Are we becoming the Bengals?

Fire Haley
03-29-2010, 07:23 PM
No, I believe we have 6 more Rings than the Bengals

stillers4me
03-29-2010, 07:56 PM
No, I believe we have 6 more Rings than the Bengals
:applaudit:

Actually, it's all a complete fabrication. Santonio claims he was in his hotel room watching DVD's with his kids at the time of the alleged attack. :sofunny:

Fire Haley
03-29-2010, 08:05 PM
I'm telling you I could make a mint just running these millionaires around in my pimpmobile limo service.

I gotta get me some of that action....it's there for the taking. I need some business partners.

steeltheone
03-29-2010, 08:53 PM
This is a pattern with Holmes, Domestic violence against woman should not be accepted by the Steelers. I dont care how drunk this woman was, you dont throw a glass or anything at her. He has also been picked up for drugs. I dont want these kind of clowns in Pittsburgh.

Psyychoward86
03-29-2010, 09:10 PM
And this really isnt helping his chances of returning to the steelers once he becomes a free agent. I know it's far from coming down to this, but if he leaves, (and this is going to sound crazy as hell) were going to need depth at wide receiver soon. Hines has been incredibly durable for us, but he's been peppered by sizable injuries the last 3 years, and he's 33. What if we dont have Santo anymore? And Hines goes down. All of a sudden were thin at WR.

But then again that would mean Bruce Arians passing the ball a little less :D

zulater
03-29-2010, 09:22 PM
This is a pattern with Holmes, Domestic violence against woman should not be accepted by the Steelers. I dont care how drunk this woman was, you dont throw a glass or anything at her. He has also been picked up for drugs. I dont want these kind of clowns in Pittsburgh.

And you know he threw a glass at her because she said so. That it was a month after the fact, that she failed to file a police report or was reportedly incoherent at the time of the alleged incident doesn't faze you. You can conclude beyond a doubt that Holmes is guilty of criminal conduct.

Yeah right.

steeltheone
03-29-2010, 09:55 PM
its just not right to do such crap to a woman...i dont care about laws. Grow up, throw it at a dude.

RoethlisBURGHer
03-29-2010, 09:56 PM
Hmmm.....we are just now hearing about this three weeks after it happened?

I am going to call B.S. The police "refused" to file a police report? I highly doubt that.

And as for the Steelers "squeaky clean" image....that's not as true as you guys think.

Ernie Holmes wasn't cut after shooting at a police helicopter. Art Rooney actually helped him get out of that one. I don't think he missed a single game because of that.

James Harrison was accused of hitting his girlfriend the offseason before we won Super Bowl 43. Not only was he not cut, he won Defensive Player of the Year and made what's probably the best defensive play in Super Bow History.

Those are the two things that come right to mind.

Ben Roethlisberger's civil suit for sexual assault in Reno, Nevada didn't get him cut. And unless convicted of the Georgia sexual assault that he hasn't been charged with, I don't see him being cut from the Steelers....even if he were to lose the civil suit in Nevada.

Santionio Holmes was charged with domestic battery and disorderly conduct (two separate charges from two separate incidents) before his first ever training camp with the Steelers....he was not cut and went on to be the Super Bowl 43 MVP.

AndyWitmyer
03-29-2010, 11:10 PM
Call me blinded by fandom, but my heart wants to believe that the Steelers are being intentionally targeted by a national group of haters who are, one by one, trying their best to character assassinate the entire team! You know, like these people were paid by, say, the Ravens or the Bengals to go out and set these "traps". The bitch in Reno - the poor "innocent" girl in Georgia - the woman who got "a taste" of Holmes' beer.

CONSIRACY!!!!

Of course, I'm full of shit. But............................... you never know!!!

tony hipchest
03-29-2010, 11:21 PM
its the extreme right wing militias getting back at rooney for endorsing obama.

AndyWitmyer
03-29-2010, 11:44 PM

Holy sh*t, you might be on to something!!! It's safe to assume that most of the Cowboys fans are probably part of the Tea Party movement. If they're out there threatening Democratic legislators with violence and death, is it so hard to believe that they might want to get back at the Rooney's for supporting that "anti-christ" Obama?!?!! Tony, I think you're on to something :toofunny:

tony hipchest
03-29-2010, 11:53 PM
lol....:tap:

make no mistake, my steeler friends, this is santonio's final year in the B&G. his asking price is way to much and there is no way the rooneys put up with this type of rif-raf...

plus we need to clear a roster spot for plexico when he is released from prison.

plax-el-hines

"reuinited and it feeeeels so gooooood....."

(bring back famous amos z. and arians will cream his jeans.)

AndyWitmyer
03-30-2010, 12:03 AM
plus we need to clear a roster spot for plexico when he is released from prison.

plax-el-hines

"reuinited and it feeeeels so gooooood....."

Not gonna lie here - I LOVE Santonio Holmes and if he's cut, I'd be kinda sad - but I'm all about getting Plexico back! Not sure if you were joking about that, but seriously - whenever he gets out of prison, we ought to be all over that. He deserves to play football again. The dude was sent to prison for a very stupid mistake (one in which I believe the self-inflicted gunshot wound was punishment enough!) - he's hardly a criminal! And it's not like he raped some 20 year old or something.......... :whistle:

MasterOfPuppets
03-30-2010, 12:12 AM
And this really isnt helping his chances of returning to the steelers once he becomes a free agent. I know it's far from coming down to this, but if he leaves, (and this is going to sound crazy as hell) were going to need depth at wide receiver soon. Hines has been incredibly durable for us, but he's been peppered by sizable injuries the last 3 years, and he's 33. What if we dont have Santo anymore? And Hines goes down. All of a sudden were thin at WR.

But then again that would mean Bruce Arians passing the ball a little less :D

and this is precisely why i said it was pretty stupid to sign 2 receivers which has neither upside or a future for a starting roll. its a waste of 2 roster spots that should go to guys with potential to be a starter on down the road..

Steeldude
03-30-2010, 12:30 AM
on a surprised scale from 1 to 10, with 10 being the most surprised...i am at 0.

well, that's if it's true. IMO, it seems very, very believable.

steelerdude15
03-30-2010, 12:34 AM
but I'm all about getting Plexico back!
Highly doubt he'll be back with the Steelers.

fansince'76
03-30-2010, 01:53 AM
Not gonna lie here - I LOVE Santonio Holmes and if he's cut, I'd be kinda sad - but I'm all about getting Plexico back! Not sure if you were joking about that, but seriously - whenever he gets out of prison, we ought to be all over that. He deserves to play football again.

Based on what? His propensity to skip practices, sleeping in team meetings (when he bothers to actually show up for them) or half-assing it on the field?

SteelCityMom
03-30-2010, 01:55 AM
Not gonna lie here - I LOVE Santonio Holmes and if he's cut, I'd be kinda sad - but I'm all about getting Plexico back! Not sure if you were joking about that, but seriously - whenever he gets out of prison, we ought to be all over that. He deserves to play football again. The dude was sent to prison for a very stupid mistake (one in which I believe the self-inflicted gunshot wound was punishment enough!) - he's hardly a criminal! And it's not like he raped some 20 year old or something.......... :whistle:

Yeah Plax made a stupid mistake...and he's very lucky that he only shot himself. Seriously, taking a loaded gun with the safety off into a nightclub? And a gun that's not even registered to that state...and then you try to cover it up by using a fake name at the hospital and have your buddy rush the gun away back to Jersey, dude's a total moron and deserves to be in jail.

AndyWitmyer
03-30-2010, 02:34 AM
I disagree. First of all, the guy is a celebrity - maybe not an elite name in the NFL, but he was far from an unknown quotient. I don't think anyone really knows the real statistics, since no one's going to fess up to it - but I would find it very hard to believe that Plax was the only professional athlete packing heat in a nightclub. He just happened to the be the only one whose gun misfired - poor judgment? Bad luck? Who's to say - but none of us here knows what its like to be a celebrity. We don't know what kind of threats that he's received. Professional athletes - seeing as how valuable they are - tend to be more frequently targeted by delusional lunatics than many other segments of society.

I'm not even a fan of guns - never owned one, never saw a need for owning one - but I honestly don't understand this higher-than-thou attitude that is constantly being thrown about by people like SteelCityMom - I mean, no offense, you are certainly entitled to your opinions. I can't stop you from thinking that Plax is both a criminal and a moron. I can see why people would think that - I honestly can. I just personally don't understand why so many people dislike the guy so much. He carried a gun for protection. He shot himself in an embarrassing way. He's served some time in jail. At what point is the punishment enough? Because of this one event, whether it's on the Steelers or any other team, why shouldn't he be allowed to play football again?

Plax shot himself in the leg. Yes, it was stupid. But, compared to the likes of Ray Lewis, or Michael Vick (among others), I hardly think he's as bad as either of them - and yet they both continued to play.

Just sayin'.

rbryan
03-30-2010, 02:36 AM
What is this plax you speak of??? time for a sonic toothbrush.

Lets see..... an over rated cancer who was past his prime before he was locked up....I'll take my chances with Holmes one more year.... After that I won't shed any tears if he's gone too. I'll thank him and Ben both for the memories and move on if thats what this comes to....But please don't rehash the plax fairytale...you're giving me indigestion

Pittsky
03-30-2010, 03:12 AM
update on holmes....apparently he did a phone interview with an espn analyst and states 'he didnt do anything' and expects this to be resolved in the next 24 hours.....

lets hope so.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5037574

SteelCityMom
03-30-2010, 03:35 AM
I disagree. First of all, the guy is a celebrity - maybe not an elite name in the NFL, but he was far from an unknown quotient. I don't think anyone really knows the real statistics, since no one's going to fess up to it - but I would find it very hard to believe that Plax was the only professional athlete packing heat in a nightclub. He just happened to the be the only one whose gun misfired - poor judgment? Bad luck? Who's to say - but none of us here knows what its like to be a celebrity. We don't know what kind of threats that he's received. Professional athletes - seeing as how valuable they are - tend to be more frequently targeted by delusional lunatics than many other segments of society.

You're right...he's rich and famous...that equals hire some bodyguards if you feel threatened. Seriously. Bad luck? Of course it was bad luck and of course it was poor judgement. What would your opinion have been if his luck was even worse and he shot (and maybe killed) someone else? Would you say that he suffered enough then because he didn't mean to kill someone?

And of course he's not the only professional athlete to ever pack heat in a nightclub...but how do two wrongs somehow equal a right? Is it ok that he did it because some other celebrity has done it too? That's horrible logic.

I'm not even a fan of guns - never owned one, never saw a need for owning one - but I honestly don't understand this higher-than-thou attitude that is constantly being thrown about by people like SteelCityMom - I mean, no offense, you are certainly entitled to your opinions. I can't stop you from thinking that Plax is both a criminal and a moron. I can see why people would think that - I honestly can. I just personally don't understand why so many people dislike the guy so much. He carried a gun for protection. He shot himself in an embarrassing way. He's served some time in jail. At what point is the punishment enough? Because of this one event, whether it's on the Steelers or any other team, why shouldn't he be allowed to play football again?

I'm real sorry if you think this is a holier than though attitude, but it's not. Honestly, I had nothing against the guy before this. I have trouble respecting people who don't have respect for firearms though. THEY ARE DEADLY WEAPONS. I own multiple guns...I also have taken gun safety classes and go to shooting ranges often. This is an important part of owning a gun...for obvious reasons. I also never said that he shouldn't be allowed to play football again. And I never said that his time in jail wasn't punishment enough. You were the one who said he shouldn't have served any time at all...totally naive opinion if you ask me. I myself would not prefer him to be a Steeler again, but wouldn't throw a hissy fit if he was.

As for him protecting himself...again, he's f-ing rich! Hire some bodyguards if you feel unsafe.

Plax shot himself in the leg. Yes, it was stupid. But, compared to the likes of Ray Lewis, or Michael Vick (among others), I hardly think he's as bad as either of them - and yet they both continued to play.

Just sayin'.

Nobody ever said he was...what he did was still criminal though, along with stupid and very, VERY unsafe.

I get that you don't care that he carried an unregistered, loaded with the safety off firearm into a crowded public place though....I mean, what could possibly go wrong?

Anyway...enough of the Plexico crap. It's common knowledge that what he did was very stupid and very much against the law and he did his time for it.

Back to the topic, I'd feel the same way about Holmes or Ben if they are ever found to be guilty of their respective crimes. I'd expect them to be punished accordingly. I do hope that whatever happened in Orlando was a load of BS, but we'll probably never know since there's no criminal charges being pressed.

Galax Steeler
03-30-2010, 03:37 AM

Oh no we don't need Plex back.

WH
03-30-2010, 04:53 AM
This just in:

Mike Tomlin Issues ''Stop Chasing Hoes'' order to all Steelers players

Steelers Head Coach Mike Tomlin called every player on his roster during a 4 a.m. conference call Tuesday to try and avoid more of his players ''actin' a fool'' this offseason. Basis for this call stems off of two incidents in March involving two of the Steelers' brightest stars: Ben Roethlisberger and Santonio Holmes. Both incidents involved alcohol and women.

Steelers Kicker Jeff Reed was one of the many players to ask questions starting off with ''What if it's a paper towel dispenser? is that OK?'' Tomlin declined to answer. Tomlin spoke one on one with Limas Sweed after to discuss the matter with him personally, it is said Limas dropped his phone and was accidentally disonnected from the original conference call.

stillers4me
03-30-2010, 05:15 AM
I haven't seen the Steelers actually draft a player with a history of off field problems or sign other teams players with known histories. Yet.

AndyWitmyer
03-30-2010, 12:00 PM
This just in:

Steelers Head Coach Mike Tomlin called every player on his roster during a 4 a.m. conference call Tuesday to try and avoid more of his players ''actin' a fool'' this offseason. Basis for this call stems off of two incidents in March involving two of the Steelers' brightest stars: Ben Roethlisberger and Santonio Holmes. Both incidents involved alcohol and women.

Steelers Kicker Jeff Reed was one of the many players to ask questions starting off with ''What if it's a paper towel dispenser? is that OK?'' Tomlin declined to answer. Tomlin spoke one on one with Limas Sweed after to discuss the matter with him personally, it is said Limas dropped his phone and was accidentally disonnected from the original conference call.

:toofunny::chuckle:

Fire Haley
03-30-2010, 02:38 PM
Santonio Holmes: She Called Me a 'N*gger'

Pittsburgh Steelers Santonio Holmes told cops that his accuser called him a "f*ck n*gger" on the night he was accused of attacking a woman with a glass, this according to the police report.

According to the documents obtained by TMZ, an off-duty officer who was working at Club Rain in Orlando on March 7 -- the night of the alleged incident -- claims he spoke with both Holmes and his accuser, Anshonae Mills, outside the club ... and got two completely conflicting stories.

The officer claims Holmes told him that he tried to walk away from a conflict involving a seat in the VIP section when Mills grabbed him by the wrist and called him a "f*ck n*gger."

Holmes then said that an unknown woman in the club threw the glass that eventually struck Mills in the face.

But Mills saw things differently -- telling the cop that Holmes got in her face over the VIP seat and Holmes was the one who fired the glass.

The officer claims he told Mills that she would need written sworn statements from "everyone" before he could make an arrest. According to the report, Mills then asked the cop if she could talk to Holmes one-on-one and the officer agreed.

The cop says he observed Mills "smiling and rubbing Holmes' face" during the interaction.

The cop says the two returned 5 minutes later and Mills agreed not to pursue the matter further. The officer says he did notice that Mills did have a small abrasion over her right eye ... but she refused medical attention.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/30/santonio-holmes-cop-police-report-n-word-pittsburgh-steelers-nfl-anshonae-mills-orlando

pete74
03-30-2010, 02:44 PM
Santonio Holmes: She Called Me a 'N*gger'

Pittsburgh Steelers Santonio Holmes told cops that his accuser called him a "f*ck n*gger" on the night he was accused of attacking a woman with a glass, this according to the police report.

According to the documents obtained by TMZ, an off-duty officer who was working at Club Rain in Orlando on March 7 -- the night of the alleged incident -- claims he spoke with both Holmes and his accuser, Anshonae Mills, outside the club ... and got two completely conflicting stories.

The officer claims Holmes told him that he tried to walk away from a conflict involving a seat in the VIP section when Mills grabbed him by the wrist and called him a "f*ck n*gger."

Holmes then said that an unknown woman in the club threw the glass that eventually struck Mills in the face.

But Mills saw things differently -- telling the cop that Holmes got in her face over the VIP seat and Holmes was the one who fired the glass.

The officer claims he told Mills that she would need written sworn statements from "everyone" before he could make an arrest. According to the report, Mills then asked the cop if she could talk to Holmes one-on-one and the officer agreed.

The cop says he observed Mills "smiling and rubbing Holmes' face" during the interaction.

The cop says the two returned 5 minutes later and Mills agreed not to pursue the matter further. The officer says he did notice that Mills did have a small abrasion over her right eye ... but she refused medical attention.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/03/30/santonio-holmes-cop-police-report-n-word-pittsburgh-steelers-nfl-anshonae-mills-orlando

there has to be witnesses. they were in a club, not a vip bathroom. i really hope holmes story is the correct one but who knows.

Fire Haley
03-30-2010, 03:07 PM
There is no crime - the police dropped the case.

Holmes criminal case closed after police report released

The police say the case is now closed due to the victim's declination to prosecute Holmes at the time of the incident.

Just another civil suit looking for cash.

pete74
03-30-2010, 03:25 PM
if we are planning on letting holmes walk after this season then i would rather trade him before the draft and get a 1st rounder for him. i want him to remain a steeler but if were planning on letting him walk i would rather get something in return

steelerdude15
03-30-2010, 03:25 PM
Holmes needs to stay off Tweet.. He is putting his foot toooo far in..
Freedom of speech.

Fire Haley
03-30-2010, 03:33 PM
No crime committed, case closed.

Bring on the civil lawyers.

Florida police close investigation of Holmes

Tuesday, March 30, 2010
By Jonathan D. Silver, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Orlando Police Department has closed its investigation of allegations that Santonio Holmes assaulted a college student at a nightclub earlier this month because the woman declined to prosecute.

The Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver told police that Anshonae Mills -- who has sued him for assault and battery -- was actually struck in the face by a glass thrown by a female patron, according to a police report on the incident obtained today.

An Orlando Police Department case narrative dated at 5:56 this morning indicates that Ms. Mills, 21, accused Mr. Holmes March 7 of striking her with a glass inside a club called Rain after a feud over a seat in the VIP section.

However, the report states, Ms. Mills and Mr. Holmes had a private conversation several feet away from Orlando police Officer Damon Barnes, during which the University of Central Florida senior was seen smiling and rubbing Mr. Holmes' face.

"Five minutes later the two returned and Mills advised this officer that they had resolved the matter and that she did not wish to press charges or get Holmes into any trouble," the report said.

Ms. Mills also wrote a statement to police that said: "A drink was thrown in my face. I was hurt and bleeding. I refuse to prosecute the perpetrator for the incident."

X-Terminator
03-30-2010, 04:43 PM
And with that, this thread is done. For all of those who had him pronounced guilty and let go by the team, how do raw eggs taste?

Memo to yourselves...facts first, then judge.

The end.

Merchant
03-30-2010, 05:01 PM
Bahahahaha... FINALLY, some good news. Tomlin and the Rooneys must be a little relieved. I knew right away it was another bullshit allegation against one of our players. Time to declare a lockdown to prevent any more incidents! Steelers players are only allowed to leave their house to go to the training facility!!

Merchant
03-30-2010, 05:03 PM
Wait, how come this investigation was closed so quickly and the Ben one is still on-going. Its essentially the same bullshit.

steeldawg
03-30-2010, 05:04 PM
Because she pressed no charges and there were witnesses

stillers4me
03-30-2010, 05:06 PM

Witnesses to what? Her being shitfaced?

SteelCityMom
03-30-2010, 05:09 PM

Witnesses to someone else throwing a glass in the chicks face, not Holmes...and witnesses to her being shitfaced.

steeldawg
03-30-2010, 05:10 PM

witnesses who say they saw the girl harassing him and that someone else threw the drink. its all in the article.

HometownGal
03-30-2010, 05:27 PM
And with that, this thread is done. For all of those who had him pronounced guilty and let go by the team, how do raw eggs taste?

Memo to yourselves...facts first, then judge.

The end.

:applaudit::thumbsup::applaudit:

A-freakin-MEN.

How would you judgmental naysayers like your egg - scrambled, fried or poached?

http://theprudentindian.files.wordpress.com/2008/05/egg-on-face1.jpg

Nadroj 20
03-30-2010, 05:34 PM
Good news!

I'm glad this one is over quick

#1 Big Ben Fan
03-30-2010, 05:36 PM
I always wait until the facts come out. But the Pittsburgh media isn't helping right now with Ben or Holmes. I usually have high respect for Stan Savran but him coming out and stating that Ben has lost the city of Pittsburgh is doing more harm then good. I would have thought Stan would have waited until all the facts have came out before declaring Ben has lost Pittsburgh. Mr. Cook's article stating the Steelers are no better then Bengals is another example of doing more harm then good. Last time I checked both teams are filled with human beings and human beings are not perfect. I'm also sure the 70's Steelers has some skeletons in their respective closets.

steeldawg
03-30-2010, 05:42 PM
Im just getting sick of these dumb reporters writing articles like " owners very disappoiinted with assualt charges" . I' m still waiting for an article to come out that says " Owners very excited about latest assualt charge" . I mean come on if theres nothing new to report then dont report.

Corey120120
03-30-2010, 06:37 PM
next thing you know we will be watching TV and it will say James Harrison ripped some guys arms off. lol:rofl::chuckle:

Corey120120
03-30-2010, 06:38 PM
Im just getting sick of these dumb reporters writing articles like " owners very disappoiinted with assualt charges" . I' m still waiting for an article to come out that says " Owners very excited about latest assualt charge" . I mean come on if theres nothing new to report then dont report.

Well if they werent getting paid they wouldnt. but i agree

pete74
03-30-2010, 06:58 PM
i dont know what the difference here is. they said from the get go it wasnt a criminal case. thats what i got out of it anyway. that dosnt change the fact that the rooneys are upset having another player being sued

steeldawg
03-30-2010, 07:13 PM
i dont know what the difference here is. they said from the get go it wasnt a criminal case. thats what i got out of it anyway. that dosnt change the fact that the rooneys are upset having another player being sued

thats my point of course they are upset what are they going to say they are happy.

chacha
03-30-2010, 07:23 PM

LOL!!!

chacha
03-30-2010, 07:25 PM
This just in:

:applaudit: great post.

Glad this all ended well and quickly for Santonio

zulater
03-30-2010, 07:44 PM

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5040853

The Rooneys should have waited a little longer to release this statement. It seems like a reactionary, media-pleasing tactic due to Roethlisberger's recent troubles. The officers who actually arrived at the scene did not feel it was necessary to arrest Holmes, so some skepticism as to the validity of the charges is warranted. Santonio does have a history of poor decisions, though, and may find himself on a short lease if he can't keep his name out of the papers.

3rd comment down, I think this guy said it best. :thumbsup:

Merchant
03-30-2010, 09:04 PM

The Georgia chick didnt press charges.. and although there were no witnesses there was also no security tape, no DNA sample requested, the chick skipped one police interview and refused to take a second.. NOTHING at all to convict Ben

Shea
03-30-2010, 10:34 PM
Santonio's twitter account was linked on the front page of Post Gazette's site today.

Good to see this case is crap, and therefore has been flushed, but me thinks alot of fans will find his tweets to be the same - crap, needing to swirl towards oblivion in the bowl. :chuckle:

Tone isn't the sharpest tool in the NFL shed, that's for sure.

JEFF4i
03-30-2010, 11:28 PM
Oh, this is far from over. Now we have to hear from idiot people talking about multiple Steelers breaking the law. Because people are just that stupid, look at Seahawks fans.

Galax Steeler
03-31-2010, 03:52 AM
Now if we can just get Ben cleared and get on with the rest of the off season with no more trouble.

AndyWitmyer
03-31-2010, 04:59 AM
Now if we can just get Ben cleared and get on with the rest of the off season with no more trouble.

Amen.

Matty™
03-31-2010, 05:21 AM

We can only hope, Porter has taken some of the law spotlight from the Steelers, if we can just stay clean and quiet until regular season 2010 then it'll be a happy time in Steeler Land.

:helmet:

stillers4me
03-31-2010, 05:30 AM
Holmes case closed; suit proceeds
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
Anshonae MillsPolice in Orlando, Fla., announced Tuesday that they had closed their case involving Santonio Holmes because the alleged victim, a 21-year-old college student who has sued him for assault in a nightclub, declined to prosecute.

Even as the Orlando Police Department made its decision not to pursue Anshonae Mills' allegations, details of her own criminal past emerged -- arrests last year for assaulting a man in an episode of "dating violence" and arguing with a woman over a seat at a sports stadium.

Although the criminal investigation against Mr. Holmes is over, Ms. Mills' lawsuit against the Pittsburgh Steelers' receiver is proceeding. Her attorneys showed no indication of backing down, and one questioned the timing of the police department's release Tuesday of Ms. Mills' statement and a police report completed earlier in the day about the March 7 incident.

"That's a new report that was just ... filed. We're looking into that. That's new information. These facts have just conveniently come up now," attorney Jacques L. Cooper said.

During an afternoon news conference in Orlando, Mr. Cooper's legal partner, Reganel Reeves, did not answer a question about a vague allegation made in the suit that Mr. Holmes and the Orlando police pressured Ms. Mills to not press charges.

Ms. Mills sued Mr. Holmes last week for assault, battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress after a dispute at Rain, an Orlando nightclub.

Ms. Mills accused Mr. Holmes, 26, of throwing a liquor glass at her, cutting her below the eyebrow, following an argument over a seat in the VIP lounge. She also sued the club's owners, J.J. Whispers Group Inc., for not protecting her.

In a police report that was completed at 5:56 a.m. Tuesday, an off-duty officer working at the club wrote that Ms. Mills identified Mr. Holmes as the person who struck her with a glass.

Mr. Holmes denied it and told police that a female club patron had thrown the glass that struck Ms. Mills.

Mr. Holmes told officers that Ms. Mills took his seat when he stepped away and she refused to give it back. Mr. Holmes said Ms. Mills grabbed his wrist. When he snatched it away, the report said, she "got in his face" and used a racial epithet.

The officer, unable to resolve the conflicting stories, told the two he would file charges against Mr. Holmes.

"Mills then asked this officer if she could speak to Holmes alone. I said yes and Holmes agreed to speak with her. They then walked several feet away from me and had a conversation," the report said.

"This officer observed Mills smiling and rubbing Holmes' face just moments after walking off together. Five minutes later the two returned and Mills advised this officer that they had resolved the matter and that she did not wish to press charges or get Holmes into any trouble."

Mr. Reeves denied that his client used any racial slur. As for the officer's depiction of Ms. Mills' conduct while talking to Mr. Holmes in front of the officer, he said, "Our client did not rub his face or smile with him after the incident. ... We stand by our client's position." (kinda of a weird thing for the officer to lie about. I guess he just made this up.)

That morning, Ms. Mills filled out a statement to police in which she wrote: "A drink was thrown in my face. I was hurt bleeding but I refuse to prosecute the perpetrator for the incident."

The suit claims that Ms. Mills, "feeling pressured made a short victim statement incoherently stating that she was hit in the face and bleeding near her eyes, however, intended not to press charges."

Neither Mr. Holmes nor his agent, Joel Segal, could be reached for comment.

Executives with J.J. Whispers Group Inc. did not return messages.

Ms. Mills, a senior at the University of Central Florida, was charged in October by the Orange County Sheriff's Office with trespassing and resisting an officer without violence, both misdemeanors.

A police report states that Ms. Mills took someone else's ticketed seat at the university's Bright House Networks Stadium. She refused to get up and resisted an officer's efforts to get her to leave. She was found guilty in February.

In June, university police charged Ms. Mills with dating violence, battery and trespassing at an apartment.

Ms. Mills and a man in the residence told police that she pushed him into a wall, creating a hole. The man, who had scratch marks on his neck, told Ms. Mills to leave but she refused, according to a witness.

A court ordered Ms. Mills to have no contact with the alleged victim. The case is pending.

Mr. Cooper had no comment on his client's criminal record

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10090/1046809-455.stm

------------------------------
"I play for the Pittsburgh Steelers and you're a nut case. Hello, sweetheart."

WH
03-31-2010, 05:35 AM
that's dumb.

AndyWitmyer
03-31-2010, 05:46 AM
Well, based one what you just posted there, stillers4me, I'm pretty convinced that this woman is probably total scumbag. She's the type who will stop at nothing to get a buck - or probably $2 million bucks to be exact. Hell, for all we know, this whole thing may have been a total set-up between her and the "unknown individual" who actually threw the bottle at her. If you think that might be a stretch, just think about the things people will do for even $50 - now just think about what a person might do in order to get a few mil. See, I'm pretty sure that, given the chance to collect a hefty sum of cash, there are definitely more than a few people out there who would be more than willing to take a bottle to the face in order to get it.

Just saying.

steeldawg
03-31-2010, 06:58 AM
I like how if you cant prove that someone did something to you from a legal standpoint you can still sue them for it.

Matty™
03-31-2010, 07:58 AM
I like how if you cant prove that someone did something to you from a legal standpoint you can still sue them for it.

that makes no sense :doh: how is that even possible, he's been cleared leave him be you're not going to get a dime from his wallet so why drag him through the dirt any further?

Talk about playing the media.

WH
03-31-2010, 08:50 AM
why drag him through the dirt any further?

$$$$

Pentheon
03-31-2010, 09:21 AM
"Tweet From Steelers' Holmes To Fan: Kill Yourself"

http://www.wpxi.com/sports/23010215/detail.html

Not a smart move, I love Holmes and all of the Steelers' players but things like this make you look like a big asshole. I wouldn't doubt if someone would be dumb enough to listen to him, hes a role model to a lot of people. Regardless if they would listen to that he still should keep some things to himself and be more professional.

I wish all this retarded stuff would just stop and focus on next season.

Fire Haley
03-31-2010, 10:29 AM
So now she's suing him for $15,000?

Phffthp - that's not the story - this is...

This thread is done.

Get over it haters,

Prok
03-31-2010, 10:35 AM
So now she's suing him for $15,000?

Phffthp - that's not the story - this is...

This thread is done.

Get over it haters,

Agreed.

Can't wait to celebrate SB #7 next february.

AndyWitmyer
03-31-2010, 10:46 AM
"Tweet From Steelers' Holmes To Fan: Kill Yourself" -- I wouldn't doubt if someone would be dumb enough to listen to him, hes a role model to a lot of people.

My advice to anyone out there who's considering to attempt suicide after reading Santonio's tweet: if you're going do it right, slice vertically instead of horizontally. Repeat if necessary!

Dino 6 Rings
03-31-2010, 12:12 PM
"Ben Rolls right, pump fakes, moves some more...looks around...can't find anyone, throws the corner of the endzone...its CAUGHT! CAUGHT BY SANTONIO HOLMES! TOUCHDOWN STEELERS! Steelers take the lead over the Cadinals in the SUPER BOWL! WHAT A CATCH BY SANTONIO HOLMES!"

Go Ef Yourself Haters....go enjoy it and Ef Yourself.

Cmdurand21
03-31-2010, 12:14 PM
Did he tell a Steelers fan to kill himself, or just a fan of football. That makes all the difference to me because if that turd was a Cincy or Browns fan, I would have told him to kill himself too.

Psyychoward86
03-31-2010, 12:31 PM
HTG, Close thread please?

Stu Pidasso
03-31-2010, 02:30 PM
So wait: If he was cleared, no crime comitted (essentially he didn't do anything) what basis does she have suing him? On what legal ground? I'm just curious of the legal standpoint.

kittenfantastico76
03-31-2010, 02:31 PM
BLERG - So annoying... seriously guys, STAY OUT OF THE CLUB AND GET YO' BUTTS BACK IN THE GYM!

There's no trouble in the gym, or on the field... stay out of the club!

Every man knows that! club + hot chicks + alcohol = trouble, especially for high paid athletes - duhhhh!

polamalubeast
03-31-2010, 02:33 PM
Now, he must give him a big contract, to keep it as long as possible with the steelers:popcorn::tt03:

steelerdude15
03-31-2010, 10:57 PM
Steelers vs the world

Fire Haley
04-02-2010, 08:19 AM
Better change this thread title back

Holmes accuser will prosecute

Woman changes mind, wants Steeler to be charged

Friday, April 02, 2010

The woman suing Santonio Holmes who refused to prosecute him criminally for what she said was an assault at a Florida nightclub has changed her mind.

Anshonae Mills informed police Wednesday that she now wants the Pittsburgh Steelers receiver charged with throwing a liquor glass at her face March 7 and causing a minor injury during a dispute over a seat at the club's VIP lounge.

"Ms. Mills came to the Orlando Police Department yesterday and wants to prosecute, and the case has been re-activated," Orlando police Sgt. Barbara Jones said Thursday in an e-mail.

No further information was available about how investigators plan to proceed.

Police announced Tuesday that the criminal investigation had been closed because Ms. Mills would not cooperate.

Ms. Mills, 21, a senior at the University of Central Florida, filled out a handwritten statement to police on the morning of the incident refusing to prosecute the football player.

Officer Damon Barnes, who wrote the report, noted that Ms. Mills told him the situation was resolved and she did not want to press charges or get Mr. Holmes into trouble after the two had a private conversation.

During that chat, the officer wrote that he observed Ms. Mills smiling and rubbing Mr. Holmes' face.

Nonetheless, Ms. Mills sued Mr. Holmes last week for assault, battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress. She is seeking damages upward of $15,000.

Mr. Holmes' attorney denied that his client assaulted Ms. Mills and said he has a private investigator gathering information to defend his client.

"We adamantly deny her allegations in that complaint," Adam B. Swickle said Thursday. "We do plan on contesting everything."

Mr. Swickle had no comment on the reopening of the criminal investigation.

"I haven't heard anything yet," he said.

Ms. Mills' lawyers could not be reached for comment.

A police report indicates that Mr. Holmes, 26, "immediately denied ever touching" Ms. Mills and told officers that a female patron had thrown the glass at her.

One of the allegations in the lawsuit is that Mr. Holmes and police pressured Ms. Mills to not press charges. Neither the suit nor Ms. Mills' lawyers have provided any evidence or detail to back up that claim.

"Based on my investigation at this point, Santonio didn't put any pressure on anybody," Mr. Swickle said.

He also discounted Ms. Mills' contention in her suit that the football player tried to buy her silence.

Asked if Mr. Holmes offered Ms. Mills money, Mr. Swickle said, "No, of course not."

Mr. Swickle, who is based in Fort Lauderdale, has a lengthy roster of professional football clients that includes former Steelers receiver Plaxico Burress and Cincinnati Bengals star Chad Ochocinco.

The police report states that Officer Barnes told Ms. Mills and Mr. Holmes that with conflicting statements from the two and no independent witnesses, he planned to charge Mr. Holmes.

Mr. Swickle would not comment on the police account of a private conversation, saying that that part of his investigation was not complete.

Ms. Mills refused medical attention for her injury. The police report describes a one-quarter-inch abrasion over her right eye; the suit calls it a laceration.

Ms. Mills also has sued J.J. Whispers Group Inc., the owners of Rain Ultra Lounge.

In a statement, the club said it is still gathering information about the matter.

Keisha Pickett, a spokeswoman for the club, said no evidence has been presented to support the allegation that anyone threw a liquor glass at Ms. Mills.

"We don't welcome any incidents of this type at Club Rain. It's not what we promote or tolerate from any of our patrons, whether they're celebrities or not," Ms. Pickett said. "We want them all to feel safe and welcome while they're there."

She said she did not know whether the club had a video camera system. Mr. Swickle confirmed that is an area he is exploring.

"We look forward to be able to exonerate him," Mr. Swickle said of his client. "He's a good kid ... We're going to investigate and we have a lot of confidence that it's going to produce positive results for him."

Ms. Mills, who has been arrested twice in the Orlando area -- she was found guilty of trespassing and resisting an officer without violence, while charges of aggravated battery, battery and trespass were dropped in another incident -- also has a criminal record in Jacksonville.

In January 2008, she was charged with trespassing at a Walmart. She pleaded no contest. She also was cited for petit theft and completed a pretrial intervention program in April 2008.

WH
04-02-2010, 08:32 AM
You can change your mind in these matters? That's dumb.

Fire Haley
04-02-2010, 08:49 AM
I told him to pay the gold digger off. That's what you get for following the rules.

stillers4me
04-02-2010, 08:49 AM
Memo: all Steelers players need to be on the lookout for rampant GDBs. (Gold Digging Bitches)

pete74
04-02-2010, 09:18 AM
She's doing it just to help her civil case. So much for it being cleared up in 24 hours like holmes said

Psyychoward86
04-02-2010, 11:13 AM
wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

Chidi29
04-02-2010, 11:27 AM
I had no idea the legal system worked in the same way as I order food from a diner.

"Uh...can I have the soup, no wait, the salad."

"Uh...I don't want to press charges, no wait, yeah I do".

fansince'76
04-02-2010, 11:36 AM
Ms. Mills, who has been arrested twice in the Orlando area -- she was found guilty of trespassing and resisting an officer without violence, while charges of aggravated battery, battery and trespass were dropped in another incident -- also has a criminal record in Jacksonville.

In January 2008, she was charged with trespassing at a Walmart. She pleaded no contest. She also was cited for petit theft and completed a pretrial intervention program in April 2008.

IOW, another fine, upstanding member of society.

steelerdude15
04-02-2010, 01:37 PM
During that chat, the officer wrote that he observed Ms. Mills smiling and rubbing Mr. Holmes' face.
This whole thing makes no sense... Probably wants money to pay off her college loans. :rolleyes:

Indo
04-02-2010, 04:02 PM
IOW, another fine, upstanding member of society.

Exactly what I was thinking. Just what is it with young 'uns these days?

steeltheone
04-02-2010, 04:32 PM
Holmes has acknowledged selling drugs on the street corner of his hometown of Belle Glade, Florida as a teenager; he says that his mother's influence and a desire to play professional football made him decide to stop.[7]

Holmes was arrested in Miami Beach, Florida on May 27, 2006 for disorderly conduct.[8] Charges were subsequently dropped after Holmes paid a fine. Holmes was arrested for a second time on June 18, 2006 for domestic violence and assault in Columbus, Ohio.[9]

On July 7, 2006, Holmes appeared in Franklin County Court in Columbus, Ohio for both a pre-trial regarding the domestic case and hearing regarding the traffic ticket. He plead no contest to the traffic ticket and agreed to pay a fine. While Lashae Boone, the mother of Holmes' daughter and the victim in the assault case, requested that the domestic violence and assault charges be dropped, the prosecutor refused. Boone and their daughter accompanied Holmes to court. The charges were later dropped.[10]

On October 23, 2008, Holmes was arrested in Pittsburgh and cited by officers for possession of marijuana.[11][12] He released an apology after missing a game, stating that he wished to "focus all of [his] efforts on helping our team win on the field and achieve its ultimate goal

another fine, upstanding member of society.

fansince'76
04-02-2010, 09:22 PM
Holmes has acknowledged selling drugs on the street corner of his hometown of Belle Glade, Florida as a teenager; he says that his mother's influence and a desire to play professional football made him decide to stop.[7]

Holmes was arrested in Miami Beach, Florida on May 27, 2006 for disorderly conduct.[8] Charges were subsequently dropped after Holmes paid a fine. Holmes was arrested for a second time on June 18, 2006 for domestic violence and assault in Columbus, Ohio.[9]

On July 7, 2006, Holmes appeared in Franklin County Court in Columbus, Ohio for both a pre-trial regarding the domestic case and hearing regarding the traffic ticket. He plead no contest to the traffic ticket and agreed to pay a fine. While Lashae Boone, the mother of Holmes' daughter and the victim in the assault case, requested that the domestic violence and assault charges be dropped, the prosecutor refused. Boone and their daughter accompanied Holmes to court. The charges were later dropped.[10]

On October 23, 2008, Holmes was arrested in Pittsburgh and cited by officers for possession of marijuana.[11][12] He released an apology after missing a game, stating that he wished to "focus all of [his] efforts on helping our team win on the field and achieve its ultimate goal

another fine, upstanding member of society.

Yep, and as far as I'm concerned, Holmes would have precisely the same amount of credibility as this "victim" if he were to pull the same "the cops coerced me not to press charges so I'm not pressing them; oh, wait, I'm going to press charges after all" routine - ZERO.

Psyychoward86
04-02-2010, 09:35 PM

WTF. Typo????

SteelCityMan786
04-02-2010, 09:50 PM
You best have a pretty darn good case Santonio. I am getting fed up with your off the field problems. You've been in the league almost 4 years. I am not cutting you the "rookie mistake" card anymore.

Fire Haley
04-02-2010, 10:48 PM
WTF. Typo????

did you read it?

Holmes accuser will prosecute

Woman changes mind, wants Steeler to be charged
Friday, April 02, 2010

The woman suing Santonio Holmes who refused to prosecute him criminally for what she said was an assault at a Florida nightclub has changed her mind.

Anshonae Mills informed police Wednesday that she now wants the Pittsburgh Steelers receiver charged with throwing a liquor glass at her face March 7 and causing a minor injury during a dispute over a seat at the club's VIP lounge.

"Ms. Mills came to the Orlando Police Department yesterday and wants to prosecute, and the case has been re-activated," Orlando police Sgt. Barbara Jones said Thursday in an e-mail.

No further information was available about how investigators plan to proceed.

Police announced Tuesday that the criminal investigation had been closed because Ms. Mills would not cooperate.

Ms. Mills, 21, a senior at the University of Central Florida, filled out a handwritten statement to police on the morning of the incident refusing to prosecute the football player.

Officer Damon Barnes, who wrote the report, noted that Ms. Mills told him the situation was resolved and she did not want to press charges or get Mr. Holmes into trouble after the two had a private conversation.

Merchant
04-02-2010, 11:37 PM
Why is this dumb hoe changing her mind and pressing charges? What case does she have, it's just her word against his. Plus a) she was obviously hammered b) the police report said all that other shit about her rubbing his face and whatnot

steelerdude15
04-03-2010, 12:41 AM
Why is this dumb hoe changing her mind and pressing charges? What case does she have, it's just her word against his. Plus a) she was obviously hammered b) the police report said all that other shit about her rubbing his face and whatnot
All she want's is moneyyyyyyyy.

Rick5895
04-03-2010, 05:16 AM
Once again Santo is in the news for the wrong reason in the offseason. I am not passing judgement on guilt or innocence. These guys have to stop and I mean STOP putting themselves in these positions, especially if they have a track record of "poor decision making" I am sorry to say this but it is time the F.O starts sending clear messages to the players this type of B.S won't be tolerated.
Holmes has one year left on his contract, it is likely now the Steelers won't resign him, maybe a trade before this draft , perhaps for a 2nd round pick might not be the worst thing that can happen here.

WH
04-03-2010, 05:46 AM
Can I get out my Santonio Holmes signature again?

Bluedust
04-03-2010, 08:36 PM
Crimesburgh :-/

mesaSteeler
04-04-2010, 12:09 AM
On the Steelers: Holmes could be the one to pay for this offseason of legal dramas
Sunday, April 04, 2010
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10094/1047802-66.stm

Santonio Holmes: One soap opera too many?

Whether Santonio Holmes threw that glass or not, his timing in this whole thing was awful. If the cops in Orlando, Fla., do charge him -- and reading the stories, they were going to do so that night/morning until the woman changed her mind -- his playing days with the Steelers could be in jeopardy.

Considering the Ben Roethlisberger Affair(s) and Holmes' inane tweets -- did anyone even pay attention to those before this? -- the Steelers might feel a need to do something to begin reclaiming the public's respect.

Holmes also had a few interesting things to say in regard to Ben Roethlisberger's legal woes and what his advice might be to his quarterback's nightlife routine. His comments came several weeks ago on Atlanta sports talk radio, before his own new legal issue came to light. The show is called "Mayhem in the AM on 790 The Zone.''

Q: On if he's had a chance to talk to Ben Roethlisberger since the news of his alleged assault broke last Thursday night:

Holmes: "I haven't. On my Twitter page, people have been hitting me up, telling me to tell Ben to stay out of nightclubs and keep him this, this and that. I'm like he's a grown man, he's entitled to do whatever he wants to do. Unfortunately, the incident came about. Hopefully, it will get resolved and we can get on with our season."

Q: On the commonly held belief that athletes like Big Ben shouldn't put themselves in potentially compromising situations by going out to clubs and bars:

Holmes: "You say that now, but when you're out having fun, you're just having fun. Like I said, you're entitled to go wherever you want to go. You're not expecting those things to happen; you're going to have fun and enjoy yourself. And when these things occur, how do you defend yourself?"

And about that Twitter page he mentioned, shouldn't someone -- an agent, a friend, Mike Tomlin -- take away his key to it?
Big Ben should join workouts

At some point, as PG columnist Ron Cook pointed out, Roethlisberger must rejoin his teammates. The longer he stays away, the more serious things look for him. Also, he has to show his employers and his teammates that he can keep his eye on the job even if he has a wandering one when he socializes. Again, none of these workouts are required, but if you are the starting quarterback of a team that still believes it is a Super Bowl contender, you cannot stay away for long.

Terry Bradshaw did that for quite legitimate reasons and under a whole different set of circumstances in the summer of 1974. His players union called a strike at the opening of training camps that summer and Bradshaw and many other veterans stayed away. (My first interview in my first training camp as a sports writer was with Jack Ham, who was holding a picket sign at the entrance to Saint Vincent College and was joined by striking electrical workers who carried their own signs.)

As a result of the strike, Bradshaw lost his job as the starting quarterback to Joe Gilliam. Bradshaw eventually won it back during the season, but the leading passer in the Steelers' first Super Bowl season was Gilliam, not Bradshaw. You can look it up.

Some items gleaned from my PG Plus slog (Steelers log):

• Casey Hampton is busy working out at the Steelers' facility. Normally, Hampton prefers to remain at home in Texas in the offseason. That is where he spent most of his time last year.

Not this year. He has been working out at the team facility and likely will participate in much of the OTAs this year. Maybe he is trying to show that he won't get fat just because he signed a new contract that averages more than $7 million annually.

• Forget the safety from Southern California, Taylor Mays. Mike Tomlin does not like him, not high in the draft anyway. He put up good numbers at the combine, but not good performances during last season. Remember what Deion Sanders said about Mays? He's right on as far as the Steelers are concerned. Here is a safety Tomlin does like: Kam Chancellor of Virginia Tech, a big man at 6-3, 231. He's not a first-rounder, but then the Steelers no longer have an interest in drafting a safety on the first round.

• Frank Summers, who had back surgery during his rookie season, has been working out daily with his teammates and looks good. He will be a bonus in their backfield if his back is strong and maybe be what they call in hockey a mucker and grinder in their backfield, particularly in short yardage. He could be a hammer back there to complement Rashard Mendenhall. However, you must put him in the "if" category now because he has not shown it in Pittsburgh yet.

• There really are not one or two positions the Steelers need to fill over others in the draft. There are more than that, which is why you cannot say they will take this, that or the other thing. Would it surprise anyone, for instance, if they drafted a linebacker on the first round? A guard? Tackle? Defensive lineman? Cornerback? And, depending on what happens over the next three weeks, a quarterback?

PG+: For more on the Steelers, read the new blog, Ed Bouchette On the Steelers at www.post-gazette.com/plus. Ed Bouchette can be reached at ebouchette@post-gazette.com.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10094/1047802-66.stm#ixzz0k6ZMDVJH

Galax Steeler
04-04-2010, 06:10 AM
Just have to love the off season drama.

SteelerFanInATL
04-04-2010, 07:01 AM
She has had another instance of this nature in the past. I don't think they have a chance. Her back ground is not solid. I think it is all a plot to make some $$$$$!!!!!!!!!!

Godfather
04-04-2010, 09:14 AM

Obviously a Florida cop risked his career and his freedom by falsifying a police report, just to cover for Santonio.

memphissteelergirl
04-05-2010, 03:47 PM
:banging::banging::banging::banging:

stb_steeler
04-05-2010, 05:11 PM
The Steelers brass must be very happy about this " publicity ". What are we guys , the next Cincinnati Bengals ?

Thats what their calling the Steelers around here.....Wheres the noose, some ones gotta tighten it.:banging:

AndyWitmyer
04-08-2010, 12:34 AM
Santonio did nothing wrong, unless going out to a bar is suddenly a crime. It's not his fault that bars tend to draw a bunch of drunken, raving lunatics and that one of them decided that she wanted a piece of his financial pie! The woman is obviously trying to get a couple of mil out of court.

You don't go from saying the incident was over and that it was nothing to suddenly leveling a second criminal charge - you don't go from saying accusing someone of violently throwing a bottle at you to affectionately rubbing the face of that same alleged attacker! That is, unless you're full of sh*t...

steelreserve
04-08-2010, 02:09 AM
:banging::banging::banging::banging:

Now there's a post that definitely furthers the discussion.

I mean, not only do we know exactly what it's in response to, but you also make a point that can't be refuted. If coffee-sipping guys were A's, you'd totally get a :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

Fire Haley
04-08-2010, 01:56 PM
Perfect timing

Steelers | Holmes' lawyer says new evidence clears him
Thu, 08 Apr 2010 11:33:47 -0700

Jonathan D. Silver, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports Adam B. Swickle, lawyer for Pittsburgh Steelers WR Santonio Holmes, said he has sent new evidence to the Orlando Police Department that will clear Holmes of any wrongdoing in the alleged assault case against Holmes.

whatdoiknow
04-08-2010, 02:21 PM
Perfect timing

Steelers | Holmes' lawyer says new evidence clears him
Thu, 08 Apr 2010 11:33:47 -0700

Jonathan D. Silver, of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette, reports Adam B. Swickle, lawyer for Pittsburgh Steelers WR Santonio Holmes, said he has sent new evidence to the Orlando Police Department that will clear Holmes of any wrongdoing in the alleged assault case against Holmes.

I just saw that. Good news. Of course it is his own Attorney saying that...nothing official yet. But if true. If she is proved a liar,,,a whole lot of people are going to owe Santonio a BIG Apology.

memphissteelergirl
04-09-2010, 07:54 AM
Now there's a post that definitely furthers the discussion.

I mean, not only do we know exactly what it's in response to, but you also make a point that can't be refuted. If coffee-sipping guys were A's, you'd totally get a :coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee::coffee:

Um...Ok....uh....thanks...? :noidea:

zulater
04-09-2010, 09:26 AM
I just saw that. Good news. Of course it is his own Attorney saying that...nothing official yet. But if true. If she is proved a liar,,,a whole lot of people are going to owe Santonio a BIG Apology.

Since Santonio signed his first NFL contract in 2006 he's down nothing more serious than have a blunt in his ashtray in a situation that he really had no business being pulled over for. That's it, that the only time he's really stepped out of line in over four years and he's made out to be some sort of gangsta thug by many. Go figure? :noidea:

stillers4me
04-09-2010, 03:25 PM
Hopefully, both Ben and Tone will be cleared by Monday!!

Updated: 2:35 pm EDT April 9, 2010

ORLANDO -- The attorney for Santonio Holmes told Channel 11 News that he has a sworn statement from a man who said he was the one who threw a drink in the face of a woman suing the star Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver.

Adam Swickle told Target 11 investigator Rick Earle that the case has been handed over to the state attorney, who will decide if any charges should be filed against Holmes.

Swickle said he believes the key witness will exonerate the Super Bowl XLIII MVP from any wrongdoing.

According to Swickle, the witness said he threw a juice drink with ice in the face of Anshonae Mills but never threw the glass. It's not clear, what, if any connection, the man has to Mills or Holmes.

Mills, of Orlando, is suing Holmes and wants to press charges, claiming he grabbed her face and threw a glass at her in an Orlando nightclub on March 7.

On Wednesday, Swickle said his private investigator, a retired FBI agent, had uncovered a key witness.

Swickle said the statement has been turned over to Orlando police detectives.

Holmes denies hurting Mills. According to a police report, he told an officer that Mills grabbed his wrist and called him a racial slur while in Rain nightclub's VIP section.

Swickle, who has represented more than 200 NFL players in divorce and criminal matters, told Channel 11 News earlier this week that Holmes “adamantly denies each and every one of the allegations in the complaint.”

According to the Orlando police report, Holmes told officers another woman in the club threw the glass at Mills. The report also states Mills was seen smiling and rubbing Holmes’ face.

http://www.wpxi.com/news/23035328/detail.html

fansince'76
04-09-2010, 03:32 PM
The attorney for Santonio Holmes told Channel 11 News that he has a sworn statement from a man who said he was the one who threw a drink in the face of a woman suing the star Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver....

....According to the Orlando police report, Holmes told officers another woman in the club threw the glass at Mills.

:huh:

Fire Haley
04-09-2010, 04:22 PM
The attorney for Santonio Holmes told Channel 11 News that he has a sworn statement from a man who said he was the one who threw a drink in the face of a woman suing the star Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver....

Hell ya, I did it

Nobody mouths off ta me, she had it coming

What kind of new car should I get?

pete74
04-09-2010, 04:41 PM
She seems like a beatch and I would of tossed my drink in her face to if she was mouthing off

myopinioncounts
04-09-2010, 10:11 PM
Wonder if the guy that says he did it has a big increase in his bank account. Yeah right---after all this time someone comes forward and says DUH-- I think I did that. Yeah right!!!

Stu Pidasso
04-09-2010, 11:18 PM
ORLANDO -- The attorney for Santonio Holmes told Channel 11 News that he has a sworn statement from a man who said he was the one who threw a drink in the face of a woman suing the star Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver.

According to the Orlando police report, Holmes told officers another woman in the club threw the glass at Mills. The report also states Mills was seen smiling and rubbing Holmes’ face.

Where was Tom Brady that night?

JackHammer
04-09-2010, 11:54 PM
Hell ya, I did it

Nobody mouths off ta me, she had it coming

What kind of new car should I get?

:rofl: Exactly!

stillers4me
04-10-2010, 06:29 AM
Wonder if the guy that says he did it has a big increase in his bank account. Yeah right---after all this time someone comes forward and says DUH-- I think I did that. Yeah right!!!

Your opinion means shit.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-10-2010, 09:10 AM

http://www.wpxi.com/news/23035328/detail.html

Lord...I dont ask for much....but PLEASE DON'T let the man who is admitting he threw the drink....be Ben Roethlisberger.
:shake01:

Psyychoward86
04-10-2010, 10:47 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8176f794&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

it's on NFL.com also. Looks like this case is starting to come to close as well...

whatdoiknow
04-10-2010, 10:50 AM
This may be a reason why the steelers are taking a look at so many WR's in the draft.

Steelers | Holmes facing suspension
Comment (0)
Sat, 10 Apr 2010 08:34:00 -0700

Mike Florio, of ProFootballTalk.com, reports Pittsburgh Steelers WR Santonio Holmes is facing a four-game suspension under the league's substance-abuse policy, according to multiple sources. However, it is presently unknown whether Holmes tested positive for a prohibited substance or committed some other violation of the policy, such as missing a required test.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0kiFyCSz5

Sharkissle29
04-10-2010, 11:04 AM
This may be a reason why the steelers are taking a look at so many WR's in the draft.

Steelers | Holmes facing suspension
Comment (0)
Sat, 10 Apr 2010 08:34:00 -0700

Mike Florio, of ProFootballTalk.com, reports Pittsburgh Steelers WR Santonio Holmes is facing a four-game suspension under the league's substance-abuse policy, according to multiple sources. However, it is presently unknown whether Holmes tested positive for a prohibited substance or committed some other violation of the policy, such as missing a required test.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0kiFyCSz5

That diminishes the trade value a bit....to be honest, i wouldnt care if we just released him

stb_steeler
04-10-2010, 11:11 AM
Lord...I dont ask for much....but PLEASE DON'T let the man who is admitting he threw the drink....be Ben Roethlisberger.
:shake01:

Ben throws footballs and woman around not drinks....LoL!

SteelerFanInStl
04-10-2010, 11:34 AM
From the article at nfl.com:

An investigator tracked down the witness, who gave a sworn statement saying he threw the glass because the woman was attacking Holmes, Adam Swickle said Friday. Swickle did not identify the witness, but said it was the first person the woman's friends told police threw the glass.

This is the guy that her own friends identified as throwing the glass. I guess that they got paid off too? :sofunny:

pete74
04-10-2010, 11:54 AM
Your opinion means shit.

why is that? its definatly a possibility

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-10-2010, 01:47 PM

Probably because the facts dont back up that sort of accusation....it appears that mutliple people identified the same person as the quilty party

An investigator tracked down the witness, who gave a sworn statement saying he threw the glass because the woman was attacking Holmes, Adam Swickle said Friday. Swickle did not identify the witness, but said it was the first person the woman's friends told police threw the glass.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d8176f794&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

SteelerFanInStl
04-10-2010, 02:12 PM

Because it's easy to spot a troll.

pete74
04-13-2010, 08:18 AM

I hope you don't forget to post when the Steelers open contract discusions with Santonio.

guess i wont have to do that now ha? he's gone just like i said he would be