PDA

View Full Version : Kyle Wilson runs a 4.43- 40 yard dash and shows great footwork at pro day.

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-29-2010, 11:12 AM
Boise State cornerback Kyle Wilson ran the 40-yard dash in 4.43 seconds today at his campus Pro Day workout, according to an NFL source with knowledge of the situation.

"It went really well," a source told National Football Post. "It was a very positive workout."

Wilson has completely recovered from a strained hamstring.

The Minnesota Vikings clocked Wilson in 4.39 seconds.

He posted a 6.84 in the three-cone drill and a 4.09 in the short shuttle, a 38-inch vertical leap and a 10-2 broad jump

The Philadelphia Eagles ran the workout, which was attended by every NFL team.

Other teams in attendance included the Miami Dolphins, Detroit Lions, Cleveland Browns, San Francisco 49ers, Seattle Seahawks, Vikings, Pittsburgh Steelers, Jacksonville Jaguars and the Tennessee Titans.

After the workout, Wilson met with the 49ers and Steelers.

Six teams sent secondary coaches to the workout, including the St. Louis Rams, Cincinnati Bengals, Eagles, Arizona Cardinals, 49ers and the Baltimore Ravens.

We're told that Wilson's footwork was "ridiculously good," drawing high marks for his backpedaling skills and change of direction ability.

Wilson dropped just one pass during the workout.

"His hands were really soft," a source told us.
http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Source-Kyle-Wilson-runs-a-443.html

mulldog24
03-29-2010, 11:20 AM
I think that DB is a very big need for the Steelers and I wouldn't mind them getting a solid prospect like Wilson in the 1st. I just hope that some other team doesn't trade up in front of us and get him like the Jets did with Revis.

jollyrob68
03-29-2010, 12:54 PM
I think that DB is a very big need for the Steelers and I wouldn't mind them getting a solid prospect like Wilson in the 1st. I just hope that some other team doesn't trade up in front of us and get him like the Jets did with Revis.

What they keep saying is that the Steelers could wait until the 2nd and try to get Kareem Jackson who the Steelers like.I like Wilson but think we need to go OL in the first then Defense in the 2nd. Of course unless McClain or Haden slip.

SteelerFanInStl
03-29-2010, 02:36 PM
After the workout, Wilson met with the 49ers and Steelers.

I don't like the fact that the Niners pick right before us. If they don't take a CB with their first pick, I think they'll take one at #17.

pancake
03-29-2010, 03:42 PM
I think Kyle Wilson will turn out to be a better pro than Haden...

pete74
03-29-2010, 04:02 PM
I think Kyle Wilson will turn out to be a better pro than Haden...

i agree and have been saying that for a while. if haden and wilson were both on when we picked i would take wilson in a second. we definatly need offensive line help but i think a corner is or biggest need and unless dan williams is still there when we pick i tthink we take a corner. now if wilson, haden and thomas are gone we may need to go iupati. i just really like wilson and hope we get him

pancake
03-29-2010, 04:56 PM
i agree and have been saying that for a while. if haden and wilson were both on when we picked i would take wilson in a second. we definatly need offensive line help but i think a corner is or biggest need and unless dan williams is still there when we pick i tthink we take a corner. now if wilson, haden and thomas are gone we may need to go iupati. i just really like wilson and hope we get him

My wish list for 1st round starts with Wilson. :tt04:

El-Gonzo Jackson
03-29-2010, 05:59 PM
My wish list for 1st round starts with Wilson. :tt04:

Yeah, I think if Wilson, Iupati, Williams, Weatherspoon, Pouncey are there.......Wilson has the most value.

Interior Linemen can be had later, Hampton and Hoke are still OK at NT, but a CB that is both quick, fast, can return kicks, tackles well and has good hands....is worth the #18 spot.

Galax Steeler
03-30-2010, 05:19 AM
Wilson will probably be a day one starter for us. His foot work looks really good I would have no problem taking him with the no.18 pick.