PDA

View Full Version : Sideline Scouting complete 7-round mock

jonslow
03-30-2010, 01:26 AM
Ok, here it is, guys. It took a ton of time and a lot of deliberation amongst myself and my colleagues, but the seven-rounder is complete. This is the final draft order with every pick filled in.

http://www.sidelinescouting.net/mock/

Our approach is pretty simple. We discuss and vote on every single pick, except for the team each of us is a fan of. I made the picks for the Steelers, and am really happy with how it turned out.

I know a lot of you probably aren't going to be a fan of some of the picks, but I feel I addressed the major position needs for the team. Regardless, I'd love to hear some input on both the Steelers' picks or any other picks you wish to discuss.

We will most likely revise this mock before the draft, but it is our first full mock for the year, and we're pretty excited about it. Hope you all enjoy looking over it!

Note: The link I attached to this thread is to the first round. To view other rounds, just go to the "Mock Draft" tab at the top of the screen and select whichever round you'd like to look at.

Thanks in advance for the input, guys! :tt02:

7willBheaven
03-30-2010, 01:44 AM
I took a quick look at it...mainly the Steelers picks...

the first 4 picks not bad...though I'd rather not draft a G (Iupati), when we took Urbik in the 3rd. Id also like an LB (ILB and OLB) a little sooner than you took them...I really dont know much about the guys beyond the 4th..except I've heard about DE Wilson..

Def not bad though :-)

jonslow
03-30-2010, 05:10 PM
I took a quick look at it...mainly the Steelers picks...

the first 4 picks not bad...though I'd rather not draft a G (Iupati), when we took Urbik in the 3rd. Id also like an LB (ILB and OLB) a little sooner than you took them...I really dont know much about the guys beyond the 4th..except I've heard about DE Wilson..

Def not bad though :-)

Yeah, I know a lot of people didn't like the Iupati pick. Personally, I think he's going to have a phenomenal career and could really help re-establish a solid running game, but we definitely could have gone with Kyle Wilson with the #18 pick.

And although we need some more depth at linebacker, I just felt the value was there to give us the guys we took. Jospeh is a valuable commodity being a NT in a 3-4 heavy league, but that could have gone either way as well.

It's great we don't have that many position needs, but there are some glaring ones we really tried to address before filling in depth.

Thanks for the kind words, though! I appreciate you taking the time to check it out.