PDA

View Full Version : Your Steeler full 7 rounds mock draft picks for 2010 draft!

manifesto
03-30-2010, 08:19 PM
My is

18. Kyle Wilson, CB, Boise State
52. Akwasi Owusu-Ansah CB INDIANA(PA)
82. Ben Tate RB(AU)or Dexter McCluster (OLE MISS)
116.Myron Rolle,SS(FSU)
151. Dace Richardson OG/OT(IOWA)
164. Willie Young DE(NC STATE)
166. Rodger Saffold OT (Indiana)
188. Linval Joseph DT(ECU) or Aleric Mullins DT(UNC)
225. Joe Webb, WR, UAB or Danario Alexander WR (MISSOU)
242. Trindon Holliday, KR (LSU)

7willBheaven
03-30-2010, 08:24 PM
This is the most screwed up drafts I've seen. Dan Williams lasting until the 6th round? Anthony Davis in the 5th??? Both are first round guys!! Do you not know anything about the draft or do you not read others posts/etc? Using a 3rd round pick on an RB? Two CBs back to back?? Are you serious?
The only thing on this draft that seems about right (as far as the pick and where they were picked) is Wilson and Rolle. The rest is no good. No offense or anything...just being totally honest.

GrizzlyDean
03-31-2010, 03:07 PM
No way we take 3 DB's in first 4 rounds. Dan Williams gone in first.

Sharkissle29
03-31-2010, 03:22 PM
uh????

jdthree
03-31-2010, 06:39 PM
My is

116.Myron Rolle,SS(FSU)
166. Anthony Davis OT(RUTGERS)
188. Dan Williams DT (TENN)or Linval Joseph DT(ECU) or Aleric Mullins DT(UNC)

I'm interested in your thoughts on Richardson, Young, and Mullins. I've spent countless hours (at work no less) loooking over just about every mock draft and article that comes out and I haven't even heard of these guys.

How do they project to the next level??? Is Young currently viewed as a DT but would be a DE for us??? Is Mullins noted at a DT but would be a NT for us??? Can Richardson truly be that flexible to be able to play both G and T positions???

pete74
03-31-2010, 07:25 PM
hey, i would be happy as he11 to land williams in the 6th but he wont even make it to us at 18th in the 1st round. also there is no way we draft a cb in the 1st and 2nd and anthony davis is also a 1st rounder. this is a dream draft that is impossible but if it were it would be the best draft ever. we would get 3 first round picks in 1 draft

Steely McSmash
03-31-2010, 08:59 PM
... but if it were it would be the best draft ever. we would get 3 first round picks in 1 draft

And you'd be paying 2 of them next to nothing

Dylan
03-31-2010, 09:47 PM
anthony davis and dan williams will be gone in the first round, possibly before we even pick

manifesto
04-01-2010, 05:50 AM
This is the most screwed up drafts I've seen. Dan Williams lasting until the 6th round? Anthony Davis in the 5th??? Both are first round guys!! Do you not know anything about the draft or do you not read others posts/etc? Using a 3rd round pick on an RB? Two CBs back to back?? Are you serious?
The only thing on this draft that seems about right (as far as the pick and where they were picked) is Wilson and Rolle. The rest is no good. No offense or anything...just being totally honest.

Haha you know what they say about opinions....

First off your right about Anthony Davis and Dan Williams they way to low for 5th and sixth rounds and will be drafted in the 1st round shouldnt had them their! Second you dont have to be a guru know what your team needs for the draft! with that being said here my semi-improve list lol!

Yes draft two CB back to back ! Why, 1. our secondary was ass last year and the main reason we didnt make the playoff! 2. Ike is getting old and lost a couple of steps, and our other CB are trash! 3. We drafted a OG and C last year and signed Jonathan Scott! 4.All the A+ Olinemen/DLinemen will be gone by our 2nd round pick!

Oh yeah buddy RB at 3th! Why 1. Both RBs played their last year on avearge O-lines
And rack up 1000+! 2.Both create big plays, most of the plays are gamechangers! 3. Both are hardnose (Steeler type)downhill runners but McCluster can make people miss! 4.Not afraid to block a defener!4. I believe both will be gone in the 3th to 6th round!

116.Myron Rolle,SS(FSU)
166. Rodger Saffold OT (Indiana)
188. Linval Joseph DT(ECU) or Aleric Mullins DT(UNC)

Dace,Rodger,Joe webb/Danario/Freddie,Ben, and McCluster are offensive players!

Anything else you want me to explain about my list?

manifesto
04-01-2010, 05:51 AM
anthony davis and dan williams will be gone in the first round, possibly before we even pick

True!

manifesto
04-01-2010, 05:59 AM
No way we take 3 DB's in first 4 rounds. Dan Williams gone in first.

I know we aint, But I dont know why, it make sense! You right about DW going in the 1st round ,by bad!

manifesto
04-01-2010, 07:04 AM
I'm interested in your thoughts on Richardson, Young, and Mullins. I've spent countless hours (at work no less) loooking over just about every mock draft and article that comes out and I haven't even heard of these guys.

How doHe has good size with decent quickness, balance and lateral agility. He only flashes as an effective pass rusher but appears to have enough athleticism to improve in this area. He can penetrate gaps with good initial quickness, especially when in a stunting mode. ??? Is Young currently viewed as a DT but would be a DE for us??? Is Mullins noted at a DT but would be a NT for us??? Can Richardson truly be that flexible to be able to play both G and T positions???

On Richardson:
Big phsyical Olinemen that versatile(can play OG/OT) rarely get push back or put on the ground by DE and Dtackles,know/great at leverage his blocks, excellent lateral range in pass protection and good reaction to counter moves. Did I forget to add that this guy blocked for shonn greene! Downside to Richardson is had medical issues that sideline him for a season and a half!

On Young:
Nono young isnt fat enough to but a DT/NT! young is flat out stud and the only playmaker on the 2009 NCST team! is also versatile able to play DE in 4-3 or 3-4 or 3-4 OLB/IBL.His is ok as a coverage defender but shows enough balance, speed and agility to develop in this area. Kinda remind me of Mario Williams!

On Mullins
He has good size with decent quickness, balance and lateral agility. He only flashes as an effective pass rusher but appears to have enough athleticism to improve in this area. He can penetrate gaps with good initial quickness, especially when in a stunting mode. Remind me of Casey Hampton! Oh yeah Mullins would be our NT!

Anything else?

manifesto
04-01-2010, 07:05 AM
hey, i would be happy as he11 to land williams in the 6th but he wont even make it to us at 18th in the 1st round. also there is no way we draft a cb in the 1st and 2nd and anthony davis is also a 1st rounder. this is a dream draft that is impossible but if it were it would be the best draft ever. we would get 3 first round picks in 1 draft

I would be lol!

jollyrob68
04-01-2010, 12:56 PM
[QUOTE=manifesto;792456]Haha you know what they say about opinions....

Yes draft two CB back to back ! Why, 1. our secondary was ass last year and the main reason we didnt make the playoff! 2. Ike is getting old and lost a couple of steps, and our other CB are trash! 3. We drafted a OG and C last year and signed Jonathan Scott!

4.All the A+ Olinemen/DLinemen will be gone by our 2nd round pick!
THEN WOULDN'T IT BE SMART TO DRAFT POUNCEY AND GRAB A CB IN THE SECOND?

steelerdave1969
04-01-2010, 03:00 PM
:blah: :rofl: :chuckle: :tt04: :applaudit: Happy April Fools Day...... Atleast I hope thats what this was

manifesto
04-01-2010, 04:31 PM
[QUOTE=manifesto;792456]Haha you know what they say about opinions....

Yes draft two CB back to back ! Why, 1. our secondary was ass last year and the main reason we didnt make the playoff! 2. Ike is getting old and lost a couple of steps, and our other CB are trash! 3. We drafted a OG and C last year and signed Jonathan Scott!

4.All the A+ Olinemen/DLinemen will be gone by our 2nd round pick!
THEN WOULDN'T IT BE SMART TO DRAFT POUNCEY AND GRAB A CB IN THE SECOND?

No we draft a Center last year that hasnt played yet, and still have Justin Hartwig who is decent! Drafting Pouncey would be a wasted pick! But if Mike Iupati is left over at 18 or 52 get him! if not lets draft two playmaking SHUTDOWN CB THAT CAN NOW HELP US WIN NOW AND THE FUTURE! In case yall forgot Baltmore have a good WR Core now! Oh yeah the Ravens,Patriots,49ers,Texans,Seahawks,Browns,Chief s, Chargers,Titans,Lions,Rams need a CB! so I dout if their will be some good CB left in 4+ rounds!

manifesto
04-01-2010, 04:33 PM
:blah: :rofl: :chuckle: :tt04: :applaudit: Happy April Fools Day...... Atleast I hope thats what this was

Why you say that?

GrizzlyDean
04-01-2010, 06:53 PM
[QUOTE=jollyrob68;792586]

No we draft a Center last year that hasnt played yet, and still have Justin Hartwig who is decent! Drafting Pouncey would be a wasted pick! But if Mike Iupati is left over at 18 or 52 get him! if not lets draft two playmaking SHUTDOWN CB THAT CAN NOW HELP US WIN NOW AND THE FUTURE! In case yall forgot Baltmore have a good WR Core now! Oh yeah the Ravens,Patriots,49ers,Texans,Seahawks,Browns,Chief s, Chargers,Titans,Lions,Rams need a CB! so I dout if their will be some good CB left in 4+ rounds!

I am more concerned with the Ravens running the ball on us. I would rather they have to try and beat us through the air then watch them run all over us.

wdsteel
04-02-2010, 01:14 AM
this would be nice...

18 DB Earl Thomas.
52 OT Bryan Bulaga
82 OG Mike Iupati
116 CB Joe Haden
151 RB Jonathan Dwyer
164 DT Gerald McCoy use as DE :)
166 DT Dan Williame
188 LB Rolando McClain
225 WR Golden Tate
242 LB Ricky Sapp

we just need someone to Intercept the draft runners and replace the cards with our picks..
I Volunteer manifesto..I'll help spear the runners..who's gona hit the lights?

7willBheaven
04-02-2010, 01:32 AM

You don't even know a thing about the current team let alone the draft and needs and so on. That center we drafted last year...in the 7th round - AQ Shipley, is no longer with the Steelers, he opted to sign with the Eagles after this season ended. So all we have is Hartwig (the absolute weakest link on our o-line) and backup Legursky, who is decent, but not sure if the Steelers see him as the future C or not.

They should just delete this thread...as this is not a serious draft you put together...and it seems your just doing it to get people all riled up and whatever. Very childish and it shows you are not very smart (you don't know squat about the Steelers it seems or the draft...plus you don't know how to talk right, didn't you learn anything in school), I hate to be so negative towards people, but this is just ridiculous, get a life and go waste peoples time on another teams message board.

manifesto
04-02-2010, 07:29 AM
[QUOTE=manifesto;792659]

You don't even know a thing about the current team let alone the draft and needs and so on. That center we drafted last year...in the 7th round - AQ Shipley, is no longer with the Steelers, he opted to sign with the Eagles after this season ended. So all we have is Hartwig (the absolute weakest link on our o-line) and backup Legursky, who is decent, but not sure if the Steelers see him as the future C or not.

They should just delete this thread...as this is not a serious draft you put together...and it seems your just doing it to get people all riled up and whatever. Very childish and it shows you are not very smart (you don't know squat about the Steelers it seems or the draft...plus you don't know how to talk right, didn't you learn anything in school), I hate to be so negative towards people, but this is just ridiculous, get a life and go waste peoples time on another teams message board.

Sir are you mad like seriously? I dont talk right, sir you never heard me talk ever!
Making a mock draft thread is very childish now? You have more posts than me, but I need to get life, right that make perfect sense. Is ok to disagree with my mock draft,No problem but to say im not smart/dont know squat about the steelers and cant talk right because you hate my mock draft. Is a childish assumption in itself!

First off Hartwig is not the weakest on the line, Colon is! Second I didnt know Aq wasnt on the team, and Legursky is decent that can become a good player! Since we have two C why in the hell we should draft and pay 1st money to a c that might be a bust or sit on the bench for a couple of years, instead of a stud CB like Wilson or a beast OT like Mike Iupati that will start their rookie season! There depth in this draft coming up,obviously you didnt know that. If you did you would have address my list in an vicious manner!

Let me see your mock draft sir!

SS43Polamalu
04-02-2010, 02:26 PM
Umm Hartwig is most definitely the weakest part of our O-line, the past TWO seasons he's given up the MOST sacks of ALL the Centers in the league and Colon is one the the better O-lineman we have. Oh and also, ANY mock draft done would be better then yours, not player wise because you had 3 first round players somehow and that would be awesome but because every other one I've seen, they at least knew something about who's in the draft, where they'll be drafted and what our team really needs.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
04-02-2010, 03:20 PM
[QUOTE=7willBheaven;792845]
First off Hartwig is not the weakest on the line, Colon is! Second I didnt know Aq wasnt on the team, and Legursky is decent that can become a good player! Since we have two C why in the hell we should draft and pay 1st money to a c that might be a bust or sit on the bench for a couple of years, instead of a stud CB like Wilson or a beast OT like Mike Iupati that will start their rookie season! There depth in this draft coming up,obviously you didnt know that. If you did you would have address my list in an vicious manner!

!

You're really shooting yourself in the foot here bud. Firstly, Colon is considered our best o-lineman not worst. Second, Iupati is an OG not an OT and many experts have stated that he is more of a raw talent not a day one guy.

wdsteel
04-02-2010, 03:26 PM
link for a full 7round.....http://www.draftsite.com/
heres my picks for this mock

round 1
18 Earl Thomas** S Texas 5' 10" 197 ..after learning the D behine troy and Ryan..in 1-2 years replaces Clark
round 2
52 Brandon Spikes ILB Florida 6' 3" 243 .Farrior's replacement..Foote's just a backup now.
round 3
82 Chris Cook CB Virginia 6' 2" 210 *OR* Brandon Ghee CB Wake Forest 6' 0" 190 ..need another CB.
round 4
116 Torrell Troup DT Central Florida 6' 3" 314 ..would play DE here.
**trade R5 151,164 to Seattle 128
128 Ben Tate RB Auburn 5' 11" 211 ..need another back
round 5
166 Clifton Geathers* DE South Carolina 6' 8" 281 ..we lost 2 DE's Travis and Eason still unsigned
round 6
188 Will Barker OT Virginia 6' 7" 308 ..Hills is a bust so far..6th round might be as well..but gota braft someone :)
round 7
224 Ryan Stamper OLB Florida 6' 2" 234 *OR*Josh Hull ILB Penn State 6' 3" 232 both could be steels
242 Thomas Welch OT Vanderbilt 6' 7" 310 ..an intriguing athlete who could be a pleasant surprise..

jollyrob68
04-02-2010, 05:11 PM

Pouncey is rated the #1 center and #2 guard on some sites he's #1 at both and I think he would improve our line at either position. I do think we need a CB in the 1st or 2nd round.
If we take Pouncey in 1, CB in 2 LB or toby G in 3, LB/Safety/RB in 4 and then hope good people slipped in 5 and snatch them up. KAm Chancellor Safety or move to LB, he'll Probably go in the 4th.