PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Drafting A WR High?

steelerdave1969
03-30-2010, 10:49 PM
Santonio Holmes
Since 2006, Holmes has been charged with marijuana possession in Pittsburgh, domestic violence in Ohio and disorderly conduct in Florida. The marijuana and domestic violence charges were dropped. The disorderly conduct charge was dropped in exchange for a $250 donation to a police officers trust fund.

Now Holmes has had 4 ordeals since being drafted by the Steelers. I think that we have a great player in Mike Wallace and we still have Hines Ward, but his time in the league is coming to a close. I am thinking with all the trouble that Holmes has been in and the fact that he will be a Free Agent next season, I think the Steelers need to get some help at WR. Sweed definitely Isnt the answer and Randel El has already proven that he is Not a No.1 WR and never was. I think its time for the Steelers to get these players respecting the Black n Gold again and living up to the standards that the Steelers org expects. Come on Tomlin.. wake up

devilsdancefloor
03-30-2010, 11:29 PM
We have to many pressing needs and NO charges where filed against tone again NO charges filed against tone! NO way we draft a WR high. If we do tone has been sharing his stash with colbert & tomlin. I really think they will get tone & lamarr a extension VERY soon (Just a gut feeling).

fansince'76
03-31-2010, 12:06 AM
Nope, sure didn't see this (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=791142#post791142) coming....

tony hipchest
03-31-2010, 12:28 AM
Nope, sure didn't see this (http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?p=791142#post791142) coming....what?

steelerfans who enjoy discussing steelers football from a capologists point of view? yeah, they are SO lame. :coffee:

i know there is no cap this season, but the steelers are operating as if there were (of course they have the liberties to push the boundries a bit).

but what if there is the expected labor agreement and cap next year?

you care to step out on a limb and suggest how we fit holmes in?

i would like to stick my head in the sand and think the latest accusations would lower his market value. but they wont.

woodley, wallace, colon, will all need to be addressed. not to mention our football kickers.

if you dont think the prospects of losing woodley or holmes isnt a legitimate concern, then you havent been paying attention.

there was a time when the steelers had to decide between keeping faneca, troy, and ben. one had to go.

and whether anyone believes it or not, sweed and wallace were drafted to make either ward or holmes expendable.

this is a business afterall. :noidea:

fansince'76
03-31-2010, 12:35 AM
what?

steelerfans who enjoy discussing steelers football from a capologists point of view? yeah, they are SO lame. :coffee:

i know there is no cap this season, but the steelers are operating as if there were (of course they have the liberties to push the boundries a bit).

but what if there is the expected labor agreement and cap next year?

you care to step out on a limb and suggest how we fit holmes in?

i would like to stick my head in the sand and think the latest accusations would lower his market value. but they wont.

woodley, wallace, colon, will all need to be addressed. not to mention our football kickers.

if you dont think the prospects of losing woodley or holmes isnt a legitimate concern, then you havent been paying attention.

there was a time when the steelers had to decide between keeping faneca, troy, and ben. one had to go.

and whether anyone believes it or not, sweed and wallace were drafted to make either ward or holmes expendable.

this is a business afterall. :noidea:

Was the cap and how Holmes will/won't fit under it even mentioned in the OP? I must've missed it. :noidea: What I did derive was that we apparently need to draft a WR high ASAP because Holmes is too much of a "headache" and brings too much "shame" to the organization as far as his personal dealings outside of football are concerned to even bother to try to keep around. That's what I was addressing - the usual "so-and-so was accused of such-and-such an offense, so he's damaged goods and needs to go" mentality.

Galax Steeler
03-31-2010, 04:56 AM
I can see us taking one but it won't be early in the draft. Maybe from round 4 and up. I say we sign Holmes back if he don't want break the bank money.

Steely McSmash
03-31-2010, 12:32 PM
I could see this as early as the third round. If they see compelling value in the 2nd (Golden Tate maybe), I wouldn't bet against them pulling the trigger.

Sharkissle29
03-31-2010, 12:58 PM
If we drafted a WR in the first it wouldnt surprise me.

NOTHING surprises me when it comes to the Steelers and drafting, they are so unpredictable.

Tell me one person that guessed we would have drafted Mendy in the first 2 years ago....

Matty™
03-31-2010, 01:03 PM
Steelers won't be taking a WR in the first, Holmes is not guilty of anything as of right now so what is the big problem???

Holmes will step up to the plate come game one and destroy all secondarys he meets, no need for a rookie WR to crowd his routes

Sharkissle29
03-31-2010, 02:41 PM
Steelers won't be taking a WR in the first, Holmes is not guilty of anything as of right now so what is the big problem???

Holmes will step up to the plate come game one and destroy all secondarys he meets, no need for a rookie WR to crowd his routes

Keep in mind he also got caught smoking the reefer....

They more than likely wont resign Holmes after this season and will resign Woodley.

So this leaves us with Ward (aging) Wallace (stud so far, still not proven), Sweed (pending), ARE, practice squad players....

That is a pretty bad receiving corp....Im not leaving anything out of the question, even after hearing what Colbert has to say. Although if i were to pick a WR in the first, i couldnt tell you who i would want because they all seem to have baggage one way or another.

Also, not like it means a whole lot, but they did bring Benn who is a projected 1st/2nd rounder....

Just bringing a different viewpoint on the draft, if anything it is interesting to talk about .....

Aussie_steeler
03-31-2010, 04:10 PM
Although if i were to pick a WR in the first, i couldnt tell you who i would want because they all seem to have baggage one way or another.
Also, not like it means a whole lot, but they did bring Benn who is a projected 1st/2nd rounder....

Just bringing a different viewpoint on the draft, if anything it is interesting to talk about .....

Dez Bryant is top 5 talent who will more than likely experience a freefall come draft day.

He would be the only WR that you could possibly look at in the first round. If Holmes is going to be let walk then Bryant could well be in the mix

Sharkissle29
03-31-2010, 06:10 PM
Dez Bryant is top 5 talent who will more than likely experience a freefall come draft day.

He would be the only WR that you could possibly look at in the first round. If Holmes is going to be let walk then Bryant could well be in the mix

Im not sure what to make of Dez. All of the reports lead to him being immature and a potential problem. I've heard he showed up 30 minutes before a game, and even forgot his cleats at his pro day. I guess they are not huge problems but a concern nonetheless.

However, if its a maturity factor, i guess that will fix itself over time as he gets older.... I think McShay has him falling between pick 12-2, which is in our range....

pete74
03-31-2010, 07:24 PM
Was the cap and how Holmes will/won't fit under it even mentioned in the OP? I must've missed it. :noidea: What I did derive was that we apparently need to draft a WR high ASAP because Holmes is too much of a "headache" and brings too much "shame" to the organization as far as his personal dealings outside of football are concerned to even bother to try to keep around. That's what I was addressing - the usual "so-and-so was accused of such-and-such an offense, so he's damaged goods and needs to go" mentality.

it was on the same page and therfor relevent to the conversation. i thought it was a good point as to why we may draft a wr. personally i dont see us being able to afford holmes and think this year will be his last and therfor we will have to look for a replacement in the draft

steelerdave1969
03-31-2010, 10:23 PM
Now Holmes has had 4 ordeals since being drafted by the Steelers. I think that we have a great player in Mike Wallace and we still have Hines Ward, but his time in the league is coming to a close. I am thinking with all the trouble that Holmes has been in and the fact that he will be a Free Agent next season, I think the Steelers need to get some help at WR. Sweed definitely Isnt the answer and Randel El has already proven that he is Not a No.1 WR and never was. I think its time for the Steelers to get these players respecting the Black n Gold again and living up to the standards that the Steelers org expects. Come on Tomlin.. wake up[/QUOTE]

First of all this is the first Post of mine on this subject. I said in No Way that we need to select a WR in the 1st round, if I am wrong then maybe someone can correct me. There is a notable columnist at the Post-Gazette in Pittsburgh that seems to think that maybe Santonio may not be back. Who knows, maybe he will or maybe he wont. In my post above I am simply saying that the Steelers need to put a little burden on getting another WR or so in this upcoming draft. I for one think that this years WR's are as weak as I can really remember in recent years. I know usually a WR entering their 2nd season usually struggle a little since everyone is getting used to them and have alot of film to watch. But with Hines and Santonio being on the field can do nothing but help him.. its not like their gonna double him or anything like that as long as they are all 3 on the field at the same time. Please read the Posts before you go pushing things out that someone has supposedly said.

Steeldude
04-01-2010, 09:32 AM
even holmes is not given a new contract, there is no need for a WR in the first 3 rounds.

St33lersguy
04-01-2010, 11:27 AM
Come on those charges were dropped against Holmes, Hines can still play Wallace is a rising star, and behind them are Randel El who was a good player for us and Arnaz Battle also seems to be a good backup. What's the need

Sharkissle29
04-01-2010, 11:55 AM
even holmes is not given a new contract, there is no need for a WR in the first 3 rounds.

So you're comfortable with Wallace, Ward, Sweed (if he even makes the team),and ARE??? Wards time is coming very close, and if he gets injured fairly bad this year, he will be done.

Steeldude
04-01-2010, 02:32 PM
So you're comfortable with Wallace, Ward, Sweed (if he even makes the team),and ARE??? Wards time is coming very close, and if he gets injured fairly bad this year, he will be done.

holmes is still signed on for this year. IMO, there are more pressing needs than a WR in the early rounds of the 2010 draft.

steelerdave1969
04-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Now things are getting silly. I honestly dont see how anyone can think that Randel El' is much more than the next couple years at the most with the Steelers. To have Sweed as our no.4 would be the biggest joke I have ever heard of. If Holmes is Not signed for the future after this season then that would leave us with Hines Ward who is coming to the last few years of his career, and Wallace who is only entering his 2nd season and his rookie season was pretty darn good, but what happens when his the no.2 or even no.1 option? He will get double teamed most all the time and that is something he Hasnt Faced So Far. And with Holmes and Ward on the field other teams Cant double him. The Steelers top 3 WR's right now are Very Good no doubt about that, but what if something happens to Randel El and or Holmes or Ward? Then its Sweed.. now that is scary. I'm still not saying the Steelers need to take a WR in the 1st round, but early wouldnt hurt at all.

jollyrob68
04-01-2010, 02:59 PM
HEre one for you,
Draft day trade Santonio Holmes to Miami for their 1st & Ted Ginn jr. To any team in the top 10 for a first or Dallas for 1st & 3rd. Seattle is also looking for a WR take their 1st and Owen Smitt.

jollyrob68
04-01-2010, 03:04 PM
Im not sure what to make of Dez. All of the reports lead to him being immature and a potential problem. I've heard he showed up 30 minutes before a game, and even forgot his cleats at his pro day. I guess they are not huge problems but a concern nonetheless.

However, if its a maturity factor, i guess that will fix itself over time as he gets older.... I think McShay has him falling between pick 12-2, which is in our range....

I wouldn't touch Dez with a 10 ft pole. Trade santonio for a first rounder and pick up a CB and Mcclain,Thomas, Pouncey or Williams.
Denver & Miami might make a trade as well as Oakland. Trade Holmes to Tampa or KC for their two 2nd rounders. I was going to say the same for New England but that would be stupid LOL.

Psyychoward86
04-01-2010, 03:21 PM
In 2-3 years, we could easily be thin at wide receiver. I think a lot of us take it for granted that we have one of the most loaded wide receiving corps in the league. Hines signed a 5 year extension last year, but he's 33 years old an he's had a string of injuries that last couple of years. One significant injury, and his productivity could drop really fast, who knows, even if he's a tough S.O.B. Santonio is going to be an RFA next year if i recall correctly? But im sure many teams will be salivating all over him, and take into account the off-field issues, guilty or not. All of a sudden, our top two are gone. And ARE and Arnaz Battle are going to be here for three years, and only a fraction of their playing time will be as actual wide receivers.

Change is fast in the NFL. Remember when damn near everyone thought we were set at RB coming into the 2008 draft? And along came Rashard Mendenhall..... i have no idea what we would've done without him at this time.

Same concept with our wide receivers. Imo, the only wide receiver that warrants a 1st round pick is Dez Bryant, and all of his off the field issues and questionable work ethic pretty much crosses him off our list. Still i wouldnt be shocked at a 2nd or 3rd round pick up. I really like Golden Tate.

steelerdave1969
04-01-2010, 04:12 PM
Here's a WR the Steelers could target in the middle of this upcoming draft if he makes it til the 4th or 5th round. This guy is a good WR, but has had problems staying healthy. I dont think a 5th round pick on him would hurt at all.

Danario Alexander from Missouri. Go check the guy out on youtube.com
He is 6' 4 and 1/2 " tall and 215 lbs. I like all that draftcountdown has to say about him as well.

Dylan
04-01-2010, 04:28 PM
i actually would say yes, but since we signed randle el, i wouldnt see it as a big need this year...but even though no charges have been filed against holmes it still is something you have to think about

Psyychoward86
04-01-2010, 04:29 PM
Here's a WR the Steelers could target in the middle of this upcoming draft if he makes it til the 4th or 5th round. This guy is a good WR, but has had problems staying healthy. I dont think a 5th round pick on him would hurt at all.

Danario Alexander from Missouri. Go check the guy out on youtube.com
He is 6' 4 and 1/2 " tall and 215 lbs. I like all that draftcountdown has to say about him as well.

Just looked at film and researched him. Sounds good in the 4th/5th for the most part, but he has had 3 major knee surgeries.

St33lersguy
04-01-2010, 06:23 PM
Why are we even talking about this we have solid depth at WR. Meanwhile well over half of the defensive linemen are over 30, Farrior needs a replacement, the defensive backfield is a liability, and we all are still waiting for the offensive line to improve.

steelerdave1969
04-01-2010, 10:11 PM
Why are we even talking about this we have solid depth at WR. Meanwhile well over half of the defensive linemen are over 30, Farrior needs a replacement, the defensive backfield is a liability, and we all are still waiting for the offensive line to improve.

Folks . . . Please Pay Attention. I am NOT saying in the 1st Round by no means. I am saying that in the 3rd Round and on it would be a good idea. St33.. listen to yourself about Randel El and then go look at his age. The guy has Never been more than a pretty good 3rd WR. I like the signing of him, but he Is Not The Future IF We Lose Santonio Holmes After the 2010 Season. . . No Way. I see your point about our Defensive Side needing youth at different positions and I love the Idea of the Steelers taking a DB or DL in either the 1st or 2nd Round, but there is no way that the Only ILB worth taking in the first round will be there for us at 18 in McClain.. He will Never make it to us.

fansince'76
04-01-2010, 10:23 PM
it was on the same page and therfor relevent to the conversation. i thought it was a good point as to why we may draft a wr. personally i dont see us being able to afford holmes and think this year will be his last and therfor we will have to look for a replacement in the draft

Wasn't in the OP. The OP and the OP alone was what I was addressing.

Sharkissle29
04-07-2010, 01:14 PM
bump....

Wexell on Twitter reported that both Golden Tate, and Dez Bryant are visiting.......interesting nonetheless.

wdsteel
04-07-2010, 05:55 PM
if we think he is done. then lets trade him for a 1 or 2 and 3...miami could use a #1 wr instead of Dez.
or im sure ken would love to have him next to larry..thats pick # 26

18 DE Brandon Graham or S Earl Thomas
26 C Maurkice Pouncey.
then draft a WR around 4-5. Teams did know of Wallace late in season and did plan for him..as a #2 WR he will have same success if not more with a year under the belt. and a improved running game that we will have

whatdoiknow
04-07-2010, 07:06 PM
Hi everyone. I am new here. Gee, regarding the steelers selecting WR early, like Tate or Bryant if he were there. And this being cause they might be tiring of Holmes act. Well tell me something, I know Holmes got ticketed for having a small Mary jane cig in his car over a year ago. And in fact there wasn't even any suspension from the league, but the steelers themselves suspended Holmes for one game right ? I think it was the Giants game. And we all know that Holmes stood up during the Super Bowl, and admitted to using Marijuna, and even selling it when he was younger cause of money Issues with his family. And Holmes said he needed to act better, and be a Role Model for youngsters, as well as his own kids. So I ask...what has Holmes done since announcing his attentions at the Super Bowl ? I mean just because a woman says Holmes tossed a glass at her, and cut her pretty bad, but yet she didn't press any charges. And waits over three weeks to announce she is gonna sue Holmes for Loot. Oh yeah...SHE is really credible huh :-)

Look, if the Steelers wanna maybe try to deal Holmes on or before draft day to get another high pick cause they feel they can't afford to re-sign him,,,fine. But rest assured, I, as well as most fans will say that Holmes better get a 1st round pick, or at the least a mid-high 2nd rounder and another lower pick. Then and only then maybe it might make sense to select a player like Tate, or someone else. Otherwise, wait and select a WR later on in the draft. Anyways, that's my take...but then again....Whatdoiknow!!

steelerdave1969
04-08-2010, 06:56 PM
bump....

Wexell on Twitter reported that both Golden Tate, and Dez Bryant are visiting.......interesting nonetheless.

Just cause their visiting doesnt mean that much. They can have 30 prospects come in each year before the draft for interviews and such. Before all this junk with Holmes had came out I was in the mind that the Steelers needed help at WR depth, and Now I am sure they need it. All information is pointed towards the Steelers not bring Holmes back next season means we need to have a replacement for him now. I think Wallace is a great start, but Hines is also gonna have to be replaced pretty soon as well. That means we are really trying to find replacements for Our Starting 2 WR's.
Another name I would like to bring up would be the WR from Illinois. Arrellious Benn.. At 6'1 219 lbs he has pretty good size and decent speed. And maybe even Jordan Shipley from Texas, he reminds me so much of Wes Welker.

steelerdave1969
04-12-2010, 02:24 PM
The trade of WR Santonio Holmes just shows that WR must be taken early in this draft in my opinion. Atleast by the end of the 3rd or 4th round at the latest and depending on who falls to us in the earlier rounds.

blitzburgh56
04-12-2010, 04:21 PM
Mardy Gilyard in the 2nd or 3rd. Reminds me alot of Holmes. Ward, Wallace, Randle El, Gilyard, and Battle sounds alright to me. Draft Ward's replacement next year and begin to groom him.

jollyrob68
04-12-2010, 04:25 PM
Mardy Gilyard in the 2nd or 3rd. Reminds me alot of Holmes. Ward, Wallace, Randle El, Gilyard, and Battle sounds alright to me. Draft Ward's replacement next year and begin to groom him.

GILYARD ADMITTED TO SELLING DRUGS,NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
Both Mel Kiper & Todd McShay both said the Steelers could get a good WR in the 2nd or 3rd. I agree.

supa_fly_steeler
04-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Wide reciever in the first no thanks. in the second beyond i wouldnt mind

taztroy43
04-12-2010, 05:37 PM
GILYARD ADMITTED TO SELLING DRUGS,NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.
Both Mel Kiper & Todd McShay both said the Steelers could get a good WR in the 2nd or 3rd. I agree.

I want Arrelious Benn in the 2nd because the Steelers CANNOT go for a reciever in the first!!!(they have to come out with either a S,CB, OL in the 1st...E.Thomas, B.Bulaga, K.Wilson, M.Iupati, or even R. McClain, B. Graham, or T. Mays.)....the dude looks like the second coming of anquan boldin!!! very physical.....Arrelious Benn: 6'2" 220lbs Bench Press: 20 40 time: 4.48...it was reported at his pro day that he ran the 40 time in 4.40 and 4.42 seconds...thats pretty fast for a guy his size....I think we might trade up for him in the 2nd.....because he'll most likely go early 2nd.....also the reason I say that is that there are not a lot of WR with the type of talent of WR's:D.Bryant,G. Tate, A.Benn, D. Thomas past the 3rd round........I don't want to wait after the 3rd but you never know.... but another possibility would be Golden Tate also in the 2nd round......even Dorin Dikerson would be a possibility in the 2nd as a WR(he's athletic enough to play WR)

A.Benn:
<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/99YXtr4teGs&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/99YXtr4teGs&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

G. Tate:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wyFBxsisMeM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wyFBxsisMeM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

D. Dickerson:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9fZQpuoJ_Q

steelerdave1969
04-12-2010, 06:23 PM
WR A Benn is defenitely one of my favorites if the Steelers can land him. I think the Steelers are loaded to make a Huge Move Up in the 1st Round myself. The Steelers now have what ? . . . 11 draft picks? . . What are the chances of even 7 making the Steelers Roster at the end of preseason? Not much in my opinion.

tony hipchest
04-12-2010, 06:37 PM
troy edwards
plexico burress
snatchtonio holmes

oh joy! i just cant wait to draft another WR in the 1st round. :rolleyes: h. ward, wallace and el were all found in rounds 2-3.

i will be completely pissed off if we miss out on some of the deepest defensive talent in years to get bruce arians and ben another early rount talented toy to play with. they got sweed. they are paid to make it work.

Psyychoward86
04-12-2010, 06:57 PM
I dont want a wide receiver in the 1st, even if Dez Bryant is there. But getting Golden Tate in the 2nd (with our pick, or by trading up or down) would be phenomenal. The kid can play slot, flanker, split end, kick return, punt return, heck a little bit of RB. As an actual receiver though, he's pretty much a combo of Steve Smith and Wes Welker. Benn sounds good too. We'll be short at wide receiver in 2-3 years, so it cant hurt to take a chance on at least one wide receiver

steelerdave1969
04-12-2010, 06:58 PM
I have in no way or time said that the Steelers should take a WR in the 1st round Tony. If there is someone that this org is big on and they feel they need them I am sure they wont call any of us anyways. I know that they will make the right moves either way.

St33lersguy
04-12-2010, 08:07 PM
They better not waste any picks on a WR

PhantomJB93
04-12-2010, 08:15 PM
I dont want a wide receiver in the 1st, even if Dez Bryant is there. But getting Golden Tate in the 2nd (with our pick, or by trading up or down) would be phenomenal. The kid can play slot, flanker, split end, kick return, punt return, heck a little bit of RB. As an actual receiver though, he's pretty much a combo of Steve Smith and Wes Welker. Benn sounds good too. We'll be short at wide receiver in 2-3 years, so it cant hurt to take a chance on at least one wide receiver

I agree 18 is too early for Tate but I think if we were going to trade up to get him we HAVE to trade to the end of the first, I don't think there is any way he gets passed the first few picks of the second (I could see St. Louis, Tampa, Kansas City, Cleveland all STRONGLY considering him he'll never make it past those picks)

Sharkissle29
04-12-2010, 08:20 PM
gimme gilyard in the 3rd

pancake
04-12-2010, 08:44 PM
I think we should trade Holmes for a late 5th round pick. Who's with me??? :flap:

tony hipchest
04-12-2010, 09:19 PM
I have in no way or time said that the Steelers should take a WR in the 1st round Tony. If there is someone that this org is big on and they feel they need them I am sure they wont call any of us anyways. I know that they will make the right moves either way.

no sweat dave... my post was to the thread in general, not yours in particular. yours just so happened to be the post infront of mine. i wasnt directing my comments at you. :drink:

it is relevant to note that since weve had hines ward (a franchise great) we have seen three #1 WR draft picks come and go.

"thats how you be great"

i'll pass on another 1st round primadonna.

taztroy43
04-12-2010, 09:29 PM
gimme gilyard in the 3rd

I like Gilyard....and in the 3rd or even 4th I wouldn't mind....but IMO i don't believe that he's as good as D. Williams from USC(besides Gilyard I think he used to deal drugs back in the day and thats a RED FLAG IMO).....I think D.W. would be a real possibility by the time we pick in the 2nd round......he will mostlikely be there when we pick.....Williams seems to me like a taller Holmes.....I don't believe that he'll be there in the 3rd but if he is the Steelers should trade up for him.......A lot of people don't mention this guy as much but he to me is probably the most dangerous receiver in this draft besides D. Bryant, G. Tate, A.. Benn and D. Thomas(all of those might be gone by the time we pick in the 2nd!)....so I think if the Steelers are looking for a WR w/o trading up or down....they should go w/ D. Williams in the 2nd because we might be able to land a big time player in the first such as E. Thomas...etc........but here are some videos to remind people of D. Williams once again....enjoy.....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/UwLjD3SZW_0&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/UwLjD3SZW_0&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7eggkv0Z0tQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7eggkv0Z0tQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xbrgvxl--o8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xbrgvxl--o8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

steeldawg
04-12-2010, 09:33 PM
You guys should check out carlton mitchell out of usf i think he could be a great steal.

steelerdave1969
04-13-2010, 12:13 PM
They better not waste any picks on a WR

I can almost assure you that they will spend a draft pick in this draft on a WR, those that dont like it will just have to accept it just like me.

Texasteel
04-13-2010, 12:20 PM
I honestly don't think we go WR in the 1st, but I think they may take a hard look at Tate in the 2nd.

jollyrob68
04-13-2010, 12:24 PM
Steelers can get a wr in the 2nd or 3rd. They need a Quality OL and a Good CB. TAke POuncey in the 1st and then decide if you want a WR or CB in the 2nd & 3rd.
THey could Move back pickup an additional 2nd rounder then trade the 1st for MArshall or Trade the #18 pick to Tampa for 2 2nd rounders or move back then trade to Kc for their 2 second rounders.

taztroy43
04-13-2010, 09:15 PM
Steelers can get a wr in the 2nd or 3rd. They need a Quality OL and a Good CB. TAke POuncey in the 1st and then decide if you want a WR or CB in the 2nd & 3rd.
THey could Move back pickup an additional 2nd rounder then trade the 1st for MArshall or Trade the #18 pick to Tampa for 2 2nd rounders or move back then trade to Kc for their 2 second rounders.

that wouldn't be a bad scenario but with the marshal thing.....i think that he does have some baggage although he has all the talent in the world(just like holmes).....I believe that the steelers won't go after marshall because he is kind of a headcase....but he is an awesome/physical WR!!!!!!!!!

PhantomJB93
04-13-2010, 11:35 PM
I honestly don't think we go WR in the 1st, but I think they may take a hard look at Tate in the 2nd.

Tate will not make it out of the first 5 picks of the second round, but there's a decent possibility (and I REALLY hope we do this because I think he could be the face of our WR corps for years to come) that we trade for a late first rounder and take him (not trade down, we'd keep pick 18 and give up other picks/players for it)

whatdoiknow
04-14-2010, 12:22 AM
The very fact that Tate's first name is " Golden ",,,and that while on ESPN he stated that his FAVORITE Movie of all time is " Brokeback Mountain " totally scares the Hell out of me :-)

taztroy43
04-14-2010, 02:07 AM
The very fact that Tate's first name is " Golden ",,,and that while on ESPN he stated that his FAVORITE Movie of all time is " Brokeback Mountain " totally scares the Hell out of me :-)

He seriously said that....or r u making that up...because if that's his favorite movie, I don't know if a lot of Steelers Players would be comfortable in the locker room w/ this guy.....lol......ill look it up though.....:rofl:

Texasteel
04-14-2010, 07:32 AM
Tate will not make it out of the first 5 picks of the second round, but there's a decent possibility (and I REALLY hope we do this because I think he could be the face of our WR corps for years to come) that we trade for a late first rounder and take him (not trade down, we'd keep pick 18 and give up other picks/players for it)

You never really know about this things, but I see the Rams as the 1st threat to be the spoiler, but think they would go with Thomas out of G.T. I think the next threat would be Buffalo, depending on what they do in the 1st round. I think if we could move our 2nd round pick up about 10 spots we could get him. Our 4th and 5th round picks should move us up that far.

If Tate is gone, I think they brought in Benn of Illinois as well.

redrider
04-15-2010, 08:24 PM
Tate will not make it out of the first 5 picks of the second round, but there's a decent possibility (and I REALLY hope we do this because I think he could be the face of our WR corps for years to come) that we trade for a late first rounder and take him (not trade down, we'd keep pick 18 and give up other picks/players for it)Trade two of those useless 5th rnd. picks and maybe a 4th rnd. to move up in the 2nd and hopefully snag tate.:tt02: