PDA

View Full Version : NFL Fears Marijuana Epidemic...

SteelerEmpire
03-31-2010, 09:43 PM
Puff, Puff .... Pass.... LINK: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/don_banks/03/23/nfl.draft.marijuana/index.html

SteelCityMom
03-31-2010, 09:59 PM
http://www.produceconsumerobot.com/artscirand/projects/The%20Devil%27s%20Weed%20Flyer%202.jpg

steelerdude15
03-31-2010, 10:19 PM
If I was in charge of the league every drug would be tested. Last time I checked, a federal/state law is still above an NFL rule or test and weed is still illegal so if you smoke it, your suspended without pay, but that's my IMO.

Shea
04-01-2010, 12:04 AM
So kids in college, or kids in general smoke weed? Wow, file that under "C" for curveball. Not!

I don't understand this nation's preoccupation with pot and it's assumptions about the drug.

Of all the drugs out there, pot is the least destructive and it's a disgusting situation when people who don't know what the hell they are talking about that keep this subtle, harmless drug out of the hands of people dealing with terminal illnesses that would help with their suffering. :dang:

Alcohol, ironically, is so much more destructive and is the cause of so many more deaths in our country then pot will ever be and yet it's legal.

Sorry, don't mean to offend anybody, but if I had a doobie accessible to me right now, I'd be lighting up. :smoker:

And I know I wouldn't be hurting myself or anyone else in the process!

SteelerEmpire
04-01-2010, 01:49 AM
So kids in college, or kids in general smoke weed? Wow, file that under "C" for curveball. Not!

I don't understand this nation's preoccupation with pot and it's assumptions about the drug.

Of all the drugs out there, pot is the least destructive and it's a disgusting situation when people who don't know what the hell they are talking about that keep this subtle, harmless drug out of the hands of people dealing with terminal illnesses that would help with their suffering. :dang:

Alcohol, ironically, is so much more destructive and is the cause of so many more deaths in our country then pot will ever be and yet it's legal.

Sorry, don't mean to offend anybody, but if I had a doobie accessible to me right now, I'd be lighting up. :smoker:

And I know I wouldn't be hurting myself or anyone else in the process!

Alcohol is more destructive = yes
'Weed' is more addictive = yes
Is it best to live life without either one = yes
Are more people addicted to prescription drugs = yes
drugs, drugs, drugs....

SteelCityMom
04-01-2010, 02:06 AM
Alcohol is more destructive = yes
'Weed' is more addictive = yes
Is it best to live life without either one = yes
Are more people addicted to prescription drugs = yes
drugs, drugs, drugs....

:huh:

How is weed more addictive? You don't even have withdrawal symptoms when you quit smoking it, let alone possibly die from DT's (like you can when trying to quit drinking).

I'll admit, I used to smoke when I was younger...but damn, I never woke up in the morning sweating and shaking thinking about where to get my next toke lol.

SteelerEmpire
04-01-2010, 02:11 AM
:huh:

How is weed more addictive? You don't even have withdrawal symptoms when you quit smoking it, let alone possibly die from DT's (like you can when trying to quit drinking).

I'll admit, I used to smoke when I was younger...but damn, I never woke up in the morning sweating and shaking thinking about where to get my next toke lol.

I think the longer you drink alcohol the more likely you'll get addicted. Weed can get you addicted in 3 months if you use it regularly... But alcohol is harder to shake once your addicted than weed is.....

Matty™
04-01-2010, 02:26 AM
meh prescription drugs seem to be the 'in thing' right now and it'll be a long time before stopping the use of that

SteelCityMom
04-01-2010, 02:27 AM
I think the longer you drink alcohol the more likely you'll get addicted. Weed can get you addicted in 3 months if you use it regularly... But alcohol is harder to shake once your addicted than weed is.....

Based off of what studies?

I never had trouble quiting, and I smoked on and off through high school and college. It was just a kid thing we used to do when hanging out, and when we grew up, we quit lol. Like I said, I never woke up in the morning sweating and shaking wondering where my next fix was coming from, and I smoked a lot longer than 3 months.

SteelerEmpire
04-01-2010, 02:45 AM
Based off of what studies?

I never had trouble quiting, and I smoked on and off through high school and college. It was just a kid thing we used to do when hanging out, and when we grew up, we quit lol. Like I said, I never woke up in the morning sweating and shaking wondering where my next fix was coming from, and I smoked a lot longer than 3 months.

lol...... i wish i could say something similar about the people I know that uses it ... :chuckle:

SteelCityMom
04-01-2010, 03:01 AM
lol...... i wish i could say something similar about the people I know that uses it ... :chuckle:

haha...I know what you mean. I've known a few who act like addic.ts with it, but it's more of a psychological or habitual addiction. They're the same type of people (addictive personalities) that would easily become physically addicted to alcohol, prescription meds, heroin etc. etc. So it's hard to say that those type of people would become addicted to pot quicker than they would alcohol, since they're just ultimately substituting the drug for something else (i.e. emotional stress, depression).

As to the article though, I think the only reason that more college prospects are admitting to pot use is because they've been advised that telling the truth up front will be much better than draft agents finding out later on down the road (as the article suggests).

I'm willing to bet that the number of prospects that have used pot has never really gone up or down, just no one was talking about it before.

XxKnightxX
04-01-2010, 07:49 AM
I really dont see why its such a big deal anyway either. Dont you know all of these fine athletes are all suffering from symptoms of Glaucoma? :sofunny::smoker::couch:

MasterOfPuppets
04-01-2010, 09:25 AM

obviously you have little to no experience with either and have bought fully into the government propoganda. i myself have had years of experience with both substances so i consider myself qualified to call :bs: on most of your observations. trust me, alchohal is way worse than marijuana on all levels. the only reason its legal and pot isn't comes down to :dollar: ... and the government having to admit they've been blowing smoke up our asses all along.

Matty™
04-01-2010, 09:37 AM
obviously you have little to no experience with either and have bought fully into the government propoganda. i myself have had years of experience with both substances so i consider myself qualified to call :bs: on most of your observations. trust me, alchohal is way worse than marijuana on all levels. the only reason its legal and pot isn't comes down to :dollar: ... and the government having to admit they've been blowing smoke up our asses all along.

lol talking of money, the British Government, well a number of MP's want the newly illegalised Methodrone made legal, and to be a controlled drug in clubs around the UK.

I very much doubt they'd get their wish, but I'm guessing a teenagers life is the least of their motives for doing this instead thinking of the money that is bound to pass through their pockets when they tax the stuff.

vasteeler
04-01-2010, 10:48 AM
go out with a bunch of drunks.........fights start
go out with stoners......no fighrs

Matty™
04-01-2010, 10:52 AM
go out with stoners......no fighrs

depending on the drug

go out with stoners......no heartbeats

steeldawg
04-01-2010, 10:53 AM
Its weed who cares, as long as we dont see guys doing locker room interviews with a bong sitting in their locker i think they will be fine

Matty™
04-01-2010, 10:56 AM
Its weed who cares, as long as we dont see guys doing locker room interviews with a bong sitting in their locker i think they will be fine

lol if anything I'd find it was more incentive to watch the after game interviews :tt02:

XxKnightxX
04-01-2010, 11:34 AM
go out with stoners......no fights

Go out with stoners, Go on a munchie marathon

XxKnightxX
04-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Now that were getting on this subject, I will never forget this interview.
yHxHqUJcpt0

Psyychoward86
04-01-2010, 12:36 PM
yHxHqUJcpt0

They look find to me except for Edge. LOL is he baked or what

SteelerEmpire
04-01-2010, 01:15 PM

Is it true that it makes you not want to do any work or makes you somewhat lazy ?? I know that's what a lot of people say about it. I'll drink a few beers... but anything outside of that (cigs, weed, pills, etc...[I won't even take a Lortab... because it has narcotics in it] ) scares me to death...

Matty™
04-01-2010, 01:44 PM
yHxHqUJcpt0

never seen that before, how legendary is that though talk about EPIC FAIL :tt02:

Fire Haley
04-01-2010, 01:58 PM
These are college players we're talking about - if you didn't toke up in college there's something wrong with you. Hot chicks like to party.

HughC
04-01-2010, 03:05 PM
If I was in charge of the league every drug would be tested. Last time I checked, a federal/state law is still above an NFL rule or test and weed is still illegal so if you smoke it, your suspended without pay, but that's my IMO.
If everyone had that "it's the law, end of debate" attitude over the course of history then we'd all be British citizens, women wouldn't be allowed to vote, and non-whites would have their own so-called 'seperate but equal' schools, restrooms, restaurants, etc.

Why is it up to the NFL to be a law enforcement agency? Why is it only these laws, but none of the thousands of other laws on the books that you want the NFL to police?

SteelCityMom
04-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Is it true that it makes you not want to do any work or makes you somewhat lazy ?? I know that's what a lot of people say about it. I'll drink a few beers... but anything outside of that (cigs, weed, pills, etc...[I won't even take a Lortab... because it has narcotics in it] ) scares me to death...

Lol...no some people are already lazy, pot just gives them more of an excuse to be lazy.

My best friend and I are high metabolism type people (borderline ADD almost) and smoking a little bit actually made us more focused and productive instead of scatterbrained and flustered. She still does her best artwork when stoned and sometimes becomes an overly obsessive cleaner and organizer.

Depends on the person's personality really.

smokin3000gt
04-01-2010, 07:25 PM

At least they have an excuse. I know some pretty lazy and stupid people that are straight as an arrow.

smokin3000gt
04-01-2010, 07:27 PM
I much prefer taking a few puffs to calm down versus taking pills/narcotics that are chemically addicting.

MasterOfPuppets
04-01-2010, 09:21 PM

see STM reply ... i know plenty of lazy people who don't do drugs. i don't smoke anymore, haven't for 10+ years , because of drug drug testing at work, but when i was in high school ( no pun intended) i probably showed up at school stoned more often than not and still maintained a 3.0 GPA...:noidea: ... infact the days i didn't have a buzz on was probably the days the teachers thought i was on something.... :toofunny:

fansince'76
04-01-2010, 09:26 PM

As Phil Elliott (Nick Nolte) said in North Dallas Forty, "If you nailed every guy in the league who smoked grass, you wouldn't have enough players left to field the punt return team."

steelerdude15
04-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Why is it up to the NFL to be a law enforcement agency? Why is it only these laws, but none of the thousands of other laws on the books that you want the NFL to police?
I never said that the NFL would be a law enforcement agency. It's just that smoking weed is illegal and no one is above the law. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with smoking, but it's still illegal. Using it for medical purposes is a different story.