PDA

View Full Version : A movie with EVERYONE (Stallone, Bruce Willis, Jet Li, Lundgren, & the Governator)

SteelersMongol
03-31-2010, 11:08 PM
<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-EP6BCUbJRM&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-EP6BCUbJRM&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Sylvester Stallone Recruits Action Movie Legends for 'The Expendables'

It's the matchup action fans have been waiting three decades for: Sylvester Stallone, Bruce Willis, and Arnold Schwarzenegger in a movie together for the first time. And they're not even opening a Planet Hollywood.

It's for a scene in "The Expendables," the upcoming flick written and directed by Stallone. And while the three stars/former theme restaurant partners will be appearing together in just one scene, Sly has filled out the rest of the movie with some of the biggest action stars from the '80s, '90s and 2000s. And the 63-year-old Stallone pushed himself so hard in the fight scenes he literally broke his neck.

While rumors of a Stallone/Schwarzenegger/Willis team-up have circulated for decades -- there were even reports that they would appear together in Quentin Tarantino's "Inglourious Basterds" -- this is the first time they have worked together on a film. There was even a time when their involvement in this movie was called into question, but Schwarzenegger was able to take time away from the governor's office for one day to shoot their scene.

According to reports, Willis plays Mr. Church, who is looking to hire a team of mercenaries to drop in to a South American country and take out its tyrannical dictator. Schwarzenegger is Trench, a rival to Stallone's character, Ross. Both men are up for the job, but it is Ross who gets assigned to take his team on the highly dangerous mission.

And it's quite the team he has assembled. Jason Statham, who made a name for himself in the 2000s with the "Transporter" and "Crank" movies, plays Ross's second-in-command. Jet Li, star of some of the greatest martial arts movies to come out of Hong Kong in the '90s, is the team's hand-to-hand expert. Dolph Lundgren -- Stallone's nemesis in 1985's "Rocky VI" -- joins forces with him as an expert sniper. And the ultimate comeback story from the '80s, the Oscar-nominated Mickey Rourke, also appears as a former member of the squad.

Stallone has also recruited guys who showed their toughness outside of movies. His team includes NFL pro-turned-actor Terry Crews and also four-time UFC Heavyweight Champ Randy Couture. Plus, WWE wrestler "Stone Cold" Steve Austin plays the role of Paine, the henchman to bad guy Eric Roberts. Filming the fight scene with Austin got so intense that Stallone got a hairline fracture in his neck. He told FHM magazine, "I had to have a very serious operation afterwards... I now have a metal plate in my neck."

...To see Sly, Bruce and Arnold finally go head-to-head on the big screen, you'll have to wait for "The Expendables" to blast into movie theaters on August 13.

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-talk-expendables-trailer.html

:applaudit: Can't just wait 2 C. :thumbsup:

SCSTILLER
04-01-2010, 08:27 AM
At least Sly and the Governator will get the AARP discount when they go to the premier fo the movie

Matty™
04-01-2010, 08:35 AM
hmmm looks quite fun lol

might have to take a trip to the flicks to see this one

'Everyone to the chooper'

oh if only that line was in there

stillers4me
04-01-2010, 10:45 AM
Make sure to take your umbrella. The theater will be raining testosterone.

chacha
04-01-2010, 11:41 AM
with movie prices what they are, I'll wait for the DVD, but it looks good!!!

WH
04-01-2010, 12:50 PM
with movie prices what they are, I'll wait for the DVD, but it looks good!!!

Drive-In.

This movie is going to be Terrific......ly bad.

Count me in.

Polamalu Princess
04-01-2010, 06:16 PM
Loving it!!!!

Psyychoward86
04-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Make sure to take your umbrella. The theater will be raining testosterone.

:rofl:

SteelerEmpire
04-01-2010, 09:26 PM
Would be kind of cool if Mike Tyson became the next action hero... at least he'd be more believable...

Bng_Hevn
04-04-2010, 08:50 AM
The "big three" only being in one scene is kind of a lame "gimmick". They didn't need it with the cast of the movie itself. Jason Statham would be enough to see it, but to throw in Lundgren, and Stallone you'd have a blockbuster for sure.

For my dollar, Arnold should not even be mentioned.

Dino 6 Rings
04-05-2010, 10:29 AM
I just dropped and did 50 pushups when I read about this.

Holy Crap...I thought I was full of rage and anger and violence and testosterone after watching 300.

I'm gonna see this movie, then punch the teenager working the popcorn stand right in the face. Then I'm gonna run over to the book store and punch the coffee girl in the guts. Then I'm gonna go to the pound and kick a few dogs, throw a cat against a wall then I'll start to really rage and put on my helmet and attack the Spring Football Practice at the U of A Campus in Fayetteville.

Hopefully, no one else I'm beating into a bloddy pulp would have seen the movie. That is the only way anyone would stand a chance!

RAGE RAGE RAGE!!!!

Dino 6 Rings
04-05-2010, 12:24 PM
I swear to God, if Chuck Norris appears in this movie, Males in the audiance will experience SSES.

Sudden Skull Explosion Syndrome.

ricardisimo
04-05-2010, 04:55 PM
I'll go ahead and bring this thread right back to the issue of politics, which is where all threads must go...

Has anyone ever asked how it is possible for all of "liberal" Hollywood's biggest stars (and far and away their biggest stars, at least in terms of the dollar amounts spent on their movies, and the promotion on them) are all staunch Republicans? The lone quasi-exception here is Stallone, who declared himself a liberal at some point in the late 90s (roundabout Copland as I recall), and was immediately discarded by Hollywood.

There is the obvious point to be made - that money talks, and everything else walks. There is clearly no money in movies quite like teenage boy money.

SteelCityMom
04-05-2010, 05:07 PM
Uggghh...If it wasn't for Mickey Rourke I probably would never be subjected to this film. As it stands now, him being in it most certainly means that I'll be forced to watch it someday.

Don't get me wrong, I like some action flicks....but this is uhhh, how to put this, like Con-Air on roids. I'm not sure I'll survive it. I'm sure the plot will be absolutely riveting though since Stallone is directing it.

Dino 6 Rings
04-05-2010, 05:42 PM
On lots of ROIDS!!!

WOOHOO!!!!

I'm so fired up about this film...I just punched MYSELF IN THE FACE!!! YEAH!

SteelCityMom
04-05-2010, 05:49 PM
On lots of ROIDS!!!

WOOHOO!!!!

I'm so fired up about this film...I just punched MYSELF IN THE FACE!!! YEAH!

Pffft....I'd only punch myself in the face if they added Steven Segal, Wesley Snipes and a hoard of zombies to the list.

I wonder if there will be explosions? :chuckle:

SteelCityMom
04-05-2010, 05:53 PM
And where Ben Affleck???? Pshaw.

http://www.newsaskew.com/va5/moonraper.jpg

Indo
04-05-2010, 06:17 PM
The only thing that could possibly make it better is throwing Jean-Claude Van Damme in there

Dino, get over here so I can punch you...

WH
04-05-2010, 06:45 PM
[QUOTE=SteelCityMom;793931

Don't get me wrong, I like some action flicks....but this is uhhh, how to put this, like Con-Air on roids. I'm not sure I'll survive it. I'm sure the plot will be absolutely riveting though since Stallone is directing it.[/QUOTE]
Director's don't really affect plot, unless they have a say in how the script is written.

ricardisimo
04-05-2010, 06:45 PM
You all seem to be forgetting Clint Eastwood, and a CGI cameo from the grave by Charles Bronson.

SteelCityMom
04-05-2010, 07:02 PM
Director's don't really affect plot, unless they have a say in how the script is written.

Well...he is one of the writers too lol.

I hope it's as good as Cliffhanger and Rocky Balboa.

SteelCityMom
04-05-2010, 07:08 PM
You all seem to be forgetting Clint Eastwood, and a CGI cameo from the grave by Charles Bronson.

Yeah, no Sonny Chiba either lol. Wussies.

MACH1
04-05-2010, 07:19 PM
This movie is crap without The Greatest American Hero.

http://thebovinecomedy.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/williamkatt.jpg

JackHammer
04-06-2010, 01:40 AM
Definitely checkin this out. It's worth it just to see Terry Crews :rofl:

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/3tI4CbCniBI&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/3tI4CbCniBI&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Dino 6 Rings
04-06-2010, 01:01 PM
Sigorney Weaver and Milla Jovovich need to be in it as badassskicking girls!!!

SteelCityMom
04-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Sigorney Weaver and Milla Jovovich need to be in it as badassskicking girls!!!

And Linda Hamilton and Uma Thrurman! Don't forget them!