PDA

View Full Version : Palin+Fox=more BS!

chacha
04-01-2010, 11:40 AM
:noidea:http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/20100331/ts_ynews/ynews_ts1387

Palin, Fox News, LL Cool J tangle over phantom interview

Wed Mar 31, 6:43 pm ET

Here's a chapter in the culture wars that no one saw coming: Sarah Palin and Fox News facing off against '80s rap star and actor LL Cool J.

Palin makes her hosting debut Thursday night on Fox, as captain of an interview special in Greta Von Susteren's 10 p.m. slot. The show is called "Real American Stories," and the New York Daily News explains that it chronicles "people who have overcome adversity and more."

Among the success stories Palin plans to highlight are those of country music star Toby Keith, former GE Chairman Jack Welch, and a recipient of the Congressional Medal of Honor. LL Cool J (birth name James Todd Smith) was also included in the roster — which prompted some conservative commenters to gloat a bit.

Popular conservative blogger Allahpundit tweaked liberals who accuse Tea Party supporters of racist sympathies, saying they'll be "shocked to find the alleged Grand Dragon of the tea-party movement making chitchat with a hip-hop legend."
The problem is that no such chitchat was produced for the Palin show. LL Cool J, star of "NCIS: Los Angeles," tweeted Tuesday night: "Fox lifted an old interview I gave in 2008 to someone else & are misrepresenting to the public in order to promote Sarah Palins Show. WOW."

When contacted by Yahoo! News for comment, a Fox News spokesperson explained that LL Cool J had been informed in 2008 that the interview was planned as a segment for "Real American Stories"--though of course the network couldn't have known at the time that Palin would be hosting.

The Fox spokesperson also provided us with a statement:
"Real American Stories features uplifting tales about overcoming adversity and we believe Mr. Smith's interview fit that criteria. However, as it appears that Mr. Smith does not want to be associated with a program that could serve as an inspiration to others, we are cutting his interview from the special and wish him the best with his fledgling acting career."

Attempts to reach LL Cool J for comment proved unsuccessful. Perhaps he intends a more recent Twitter entry to serve as his rejoinder to the Fox statement: "Nobody can bring you peace but yourself."

Update: Looks like the confusion isn't limited to the hip hop genre. Toby Keith's publicist tells the New York Times that Keith has never done an interview with Palin and she had no idea he was being used in the Palin special. She believes that Fox will be recycling an interview Keith gave Fox in 2009

revefsreleets
04-01-2010, 11:44 AM
They all do...not surprised a moonbat plucked this out of the ether and attempted to make it somehow more than it is and worse than it is simply because they hate the network.

Matty™
04-01-2010, 11:51 AM
'Mr. Smith does not want to be associated with a program that could serve as an inspiration to others, we are cutting his interview from the special and wish him the best with his fledgling acting career."

now that is what you call a Smiling Knife if I ever I saw one. No need for that comment, a little unprofessional if anything. Well it is Fox I guess!!!

chacha
04-01-2010, 11:52 AM
^ exactly.

As for revswhatever, your only response is to deflect that everyone does it and call people moonbats. LOL

revefsreleets
04-01-2010, 12:05 PM
^ exactly.

As for revswhatever, your only response is to deflect that everyone does it and call people moonbats. LOL

No, the SALIENT part of the retort was that this is pretty much SOP for ALL news organizations. Reading comprehension is fundamental.

That is also NOT a deflection. It is common practice for producers to conduct interviews, then have a talking head film a separate segment where it appears THEY are asking the principle the questions.

This very common practice is being scrutinized and magnified because the press dislikes Palin...but I think it's cute that you want to call me out simply because I'm explaining the practice.

As for the moonbat comment, I only call 'em as I see 'em...

WH
04-01-2010, 12:05 PM
http://gopclownshow.com/fox-breaking-news-obama/

You stay classy Fox News.

revefsreleets
04-01-2010, 12:08 PM
Whiny chimes in!

Now THAT'S a credible website. "GOP Clown Show"?

Matty™
04-01-2010, 12:09 PM
http://gopclownshow.com/fox-breaking-news-obama/

You stay classy Fox News.

damn that was a smooth landing

is it just me, but I enjoyed watching that place do nothing out of the ordinary a hell of a lot more than watching Obama

:tt02:

WH
04-01-2010, 12:26 PM
Whiny chimes in!

Now THAT'S a credible website. "GOP Clown Show"?

Oh Rev, still acting like a 13 year old with the name calling. Maybe you should post some more editorials...believe in your own mind that they are fact, when they are completely opinion.

Ha, who gives a crap about the websites name. Just watch the video, Fox News (if you can call it a news station) is garbage, you never saw and Liberal news stations interrupt the previous presidential train wreck, did you? The crap you have going on over there is comical.

revefsreleets
04-01-2010, 12:29 PM
Oh Rev, still acting like a 13 year old with the name calling.

Ha, who gives a crap about the websites name. Just watch the video, Fox News (if you can call it a news station) is garbage.

Wait, wait....there's a response coming in right now.....from the highly credible "Democratsarepoopheads.com".

Your name was whines hard. It was, to say the least, apropos. How can I be calling you a name when you named yourself?

WH
04-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Wait, wait....there's a response coming in right now.....from the highly credible "Democratsarepoopheads.com".

Your name was whines hard. It was, to say the least, apropos. How can I be calling you a name when you named yourself?

It was ''Wineshard'' a play on Hines Wards name. So if anything, you could say I'm a drunkard.

Anyways.... :coffee:

Weak move by Fox. 'sall I'm sayin'.

revefsreleets
04-01-2010, 12:38 PM
So the "h" was silent...

Fox doesn't like Obama. Obama doesn't like Fox. They both play their baby games...

7SteelGal43
04-01-2010, 12:44 PM
So the "h" was silent...

Fox doesn't like Obama. Obama doesn't like Fox. They both play their baby games...

yeah.........speaking of baby games :coffee:

WH
04-01-2010, 12:46 PM
So the "h" was silent...

Silent or as some would say more accurately ''never existed in the first place''

But still, the President is talking about one of the most important (not saying good important or bad important) Healthcare related bills in the past 50 years and they cut away to show a video of an Airplane landing? Seriously...be professional. They robbed all of those Conservative bloggers of stuff to blog and complain about.

MACH1
04-01-2010, 03:12 PM
'Mr. Smith does not want to be associated with a program that could serve as an inspiration to others, we are cutting his interview from the special and wish him the best with his fledgling acting career."

now that is what you call a Smiling Knife if I ever I saw one. No need for that comment, a little unprofessional if anything. Well it is Fox I guess!!!

And calling every single person in the country a "tea bagger" or terrorist if they don't lick obaaama's nut sack is the professional way to do things.

revefsreleets
04-01-2010, 03:40 PM
yeah.........speaking of baby games :coffee:

Thanks for your input...truly insightful and in-depth analysis in re Fox News.

My REAL and best guess is that whiney just doesn't know how to spell, so he just took the two initials to simplify things.

chacha
04-01-2010, 04:20 PM
No, the SALIENT part of the retort was that this is pretty much SOP for ALL news organizations. Reading comprehension is fundamental.

That is also NOT a deflection. It is common practice for producers to conduct interviews, then have a talking head film a separate segment where it appears THEY are asking the principle the questions.

This very common practice is being scrutinized and magnified because the press dislikes Palin...but I think it's cute that you want to call me out simply because I'm explaining the practice.

As for the moonbat comment, I only call 'em as I see 'em...

Acting like this is something everyone does so it's okay is a deflection. It's NOT a common practice for producers to conduct interviews and then pretend 2 years later that Palin was sitting in on the interview. When it happens they should be called out for it, whether it's Fox, or any other so called news station. Did you even read the article, because it does appear that you didn't quite comprehend what was written. Actually it just appears that you're more concerned with insulting people than anything else..

revefsreleets
04-01-2010, 04:49 PM
Acting like this is something everyone does so it's okay is a deflection. It's NOT a common practice for producers to conduct interviews and then pretend 2 years later that Palin was sitting in on the interview. When it happens they should be called out for it, whether it's Fox, or any other so called news station. Did you even read the article, because it does appear that you didn't quite comprehend what was written. Actually it just appears that you're more concerned with insulting people than anything else..

For the love of Christ, STOP crying! You lefties cry and whine at the slightest drop of a pin. And the only thing you are better at is blaming everyone else for your own shortcomings...

I did read the article. DID YOU? In fact, after a second reading, I stand corrected. This is EVEN LESS THAN THE ORIGINAL NOTHING that the pop media is trying to spin into something! Palin wasn't pretending to interview him at all. She's simply the host of a show that highlights some accomplishments of people who faced some challenges.

LL Cool J doesn't like Palin (Hmmmmm...wonder why that might be?), and yahoo needs news, so they made this little piece of shit nothing into a front page story.

You, not having a clue that FAR worse goes on in the news every day, bit, and, well, here we are. I'm the bad guy for knocking down the 5th wall and explaining that this isn't anything that doesn't go on literally 1000 times a day on every news show from Peoria to Paris.

If you are insulted, you should be...at yourself. For rising to bite at this schlep...stop blaming others for your own ignorance.

EDIT: As a public service announcement, if you are watching, oh, say "60 Minutes" or some other show like that, and they don't have either a wide shot with both the reporter and the subject in it, or an over-the-reporters-shoulder POV shot, you're being duped. A producer filmed the subject's answers earlier, then the reporter was "dubbed in" later "asking" the questions. Happens all the time. That is NOT what happened here, though. This is just a producer packaging earlier approved footage with a fresher face on it. Not only is it very common, there's also nothing nefarious, untoward or misrepresentative about it at all.

Since I'm just an insulting asshole and all that, here's is a little pdf about how to do a tv interview. The end drops a few hints at some of the tricks these guys pull.
http://www.mtholyoke.edu/lits/ris/vrc/docs/interviewstyle.pdf

chacha
04-01-2010, 06:04 PM
wow your panties get in a bunch really easily dont they? You sure like to dish it out but you sure cant take it can you? If you have problems with people posting about networks misleading the public, that's not anybody's problem but your own.:wave: Have a great day if you can!

revefsreleets
04-01-2010, 06:11 PM
wow your panties get in a bunch really easily dont they? You sure like to dish it out but you sure cant take it can you? If you have problems with people posting about networks misleading the public, that's not anybody's problem but your own.:wave: Have a great day if you can!

Weak. Dumping your problems on me doesn't really fly.

Sorry you don't know what you're talking about. I hope I helped fix that problem in this case. I suspect we'll have to do this a few more times, though...

When I was a kid, there was this song....

"Open up your ears, open up your eyes. Learning can be fun, for the one who tries".

Try harder next time. You'll get there.

Your teacher has ended this lesson, little camper. Learn and grow from it.

chacha
04-01-2010, 06:15 PM
thank you for your little ditty ranger rick, this little camper thanks you for the laugh! :rofl:

NJarhead
04-01-2010, 06:24 PM
thank you for your little ditty ranger rick, this little camper thanks you for the laugh! :rofl:
Another non-contributing jackass who first whines about insults and then has nothing else on their agenda but to pick fights and dish out insults.

Please, just go somewhere else.

:coffee:

chacha
04-01-2010, 06:29 PM
oh it's a tag team! Yay! I remember you, you were the one posting really rude insults to another poster the other day. Beautiful, you and reverwhatever are probably pen pals right? You and your pal always resort to name calling and baiting, and then when someone calls you on it, you cry foul. Pathetic, yet strangely entertaining.

WH
04-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Thanks for your input...truly insightful and in-depth analysis in re Fox News.

My REAL and best guess is that whiney just doesn't know how to spell, so he just took the two initials to simplify things.

God I didn't miss you at all.

NJarhead
04-01-2010, 07:22 PM
oh it's a tag team! Yay! I remember you, you were the one posting really rude insults to another poster the other day. Beautiful, you and reverwhatever are probably pen pals right? You and your pal always resort to name calling and baiting, and then when someone calls you on it, you cry foul. Pathetic, yet strangely entertaining.

Wow, that's quite a hypocritical post ya got there newb. You forgot the part where I called BS on your "I live in NJ and our new Republican Governor is ruining everything" post. You obviously are oblivious to the goings on in New Jersey. I'm sure you're no more informed about what's going on outside its borders.

I understand that it's stuck up there pretty good, but pull a little harder and maybe, with a little hope, your head will free its self from your arse. :thumbsup:

Venom
04-01-2010, 09:29 PM
We all know why Obama wont go on Fox as much as the other left leaning channels ( cbs, nbc, abc, cnn, msnbc , pbs, ) , he may actually have to answer a hard question. Asking Obama whats his favorite color is or whats the next Broadway show you and the first lady will catch next means nothing to me.

P.S. If you hate Fox /Palin , change the channel . That simple .

NJarhead
04-01-2010, 09:36 PM
We all know why Obama wont go on Fox as much as the other left leaning channels ( cbs, nbc, abc, cnn, msnbc , pbs, ) , he may actually have to answer a hard question. Asking Obama whats his favorite color is or whats the next Broadway show you and the first lady will catch next means nothing to me.

The big article in MSNBC last week was the First Lady's slice of pizza in Brooklyn.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
04-01-2010, 10:53 PM

Actually President Obama just did an interview with Fox News about a weak or two ago talking about healthcare reform.

MACH1
04-02-2010, 12:21 AM
Actually President Obama just did an interview with Fox News about a weak or two ago talking about healthcare reform.

And ducked and dodged every question.

Hammer67
04-02-2010, 07:37 AM
RE: the original post....this seems like such a ridiculous issue that I am not surprised it was picked up by the liberals...they do tend to grab at straws these days having no answer for Fox's ratings....

And for the record, I am not a Fox or Palin fan.

HometownGal
04-02-2010, 08:02 AM
oh it's a tag team! Yay!

http://pwoodford.net/hashblog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/pot_kettle.jpg

WH
04-02-2010, 09:15 AM
HTG, I was hoping that was going to be a picture of the Legion of Doom or some wrestling tag team.

chacha
04-02-2010, 09:33 AM
http://pwoodford.net/hashblog/wp-content/uploads/2009/10/pot_kettle.jpg

interesting the moderator would do this but never when the righties spout their crap and start swearing because they can't think of anything else to say, this seems to be quite the right wing place to be! :doh:

HometownGal
04-02-2010, 09:34 AM
HTG, I was hoping that was going to be a picture of the Legion of Doom or some wrestling tag team.

:toofunny::thumbsup::toofunny:

It's more like the game of "Red Rover" I used to play as a kid. :rolleyes:

WH
04-02-2010, 09:36 AM
:toofunny::thumbsup::toofunny:

It's more like the game of "Red Rover" I used to play as a kid. :rolleyes:

Kid 1: Red Rover Red Rover, send Nancy Pelosi's Ego over
Kid 2 to Kid 1: Dude, that'll crush us all.

HometownGal
04-02-2010, 09:43 AM
interesting the moderator would do this but never when the righties spout their crap and start swearing because they can't think of anything else to say, this seems to be quite the right wing place to be! :doh:

I'm getting dizzy from all of the spinning . . . :willy:

Here we go again with the censorship bullshit spin. Listen pal - you have no clue about what I may or may not have done with regard to the "righties" but I can assure you when they are out of line, they hear from me. Several of them can attest to that.

Spin, dodge, deflect. Rinse and start spinning again. It's the Liberal mantra.

http://oldbluejacket.com/images/SpinTheDemocrat.jpg

chacha
04-02-2010, 10:15 AM
whatever you say, if you think the truth is spinning things, then that's your fantasy world, enjoy

HometownGal
04-02-2010, 10:19 AM
whatever you say, if you think the truth is spinning things, then that's your fantasy world, enjoy

You have absolutely no concept of what the "truth" is around here, so I suggest you zip it.

As for the political end of it - you still haven't awakened from your dream so continue to enjoy it - it's only going to last another 2 years and 9 months, thank God. :applaudit:

chacha
04-02-2010, 10:23 AM
I suggest you zip it

http://www.edjunkie.com/images/cans/power%20trip%20mango%20shot.jpg

NJarhead
04-02-2010, 10:24 AM

:rofl:

HTG's message still applies, ya hypocrite.

You: "why do all you know-nothing idiots have to keep insulting me."

Reminds me of that Andrew Dice Clay skit where he goes to the psychiatrist: "Doc, I'm having trouble making friends you effing _ _ _ _ - _ _ _ _ _ _ :toofunny:

HometownGal
04-02-2010, 10:24 AM
I suggest you zip it

http://www.edjunkie.com/images/cans/power%20trip%20mango%20shot.jpg

Enjoy your vacation buddy - you've more than earned it. :wave:

NJarhead
04-02-2010, 10:26 AM

I suggest you zip it

Oh look, more 3rd grade banter:

"I'm rubber you're glue...."

You're out of your league here little fella. Perhaps you'd feel more welcome on a playground somewhere.

:coffee:

X-Terminator
04-02-2010, 10:31 AM
Well chacha, looks like...

http://i648.photobucket.com/albums/uu201/McdeeX/TheBanHammer.jpg

Have a nice day! :wave:

MACH1
04-02-2010, 12:34 PM
Looks like chachi got zapped. :chuckle:

HometownGal
04-02-2010, 12:50 PM
Looks like chachi got zapped. :chuckle:

And for the record - it wasn't because he is a Lib. :rolleyes: Hard to believe this is a guy in his 40's. :jawdrop:

Mary oh Mary - how does your garden grow? :chuckle:

Hammer67
04-02-2010, 01:44 PM
I love it when people spin out of control on forums...awesome stuff. Yay immaturity!!! More entertainment for me!!!

Leftoverhard
04-02-2010, 01:50 PM
What does it take to ban a right wing nut job who personally attacks the small handful of us liberals constantly with profanity and 4 year old behavior?
I notice his posts have been edited by mods for using profanity. So - if you're a conservative, not only is it fair to personally attack any liberals with no repercussions, but if you ignore the most basic rule of no swearing, the mods will eventually edit your post for you - quietly and politely. I have been wondering where any of you Mods have been during some of the nasty hate spew that's been going on the past couple of days.
I guess you missed it.

Hammer67
04-02-2010, 02:07 PM
There have been some bans for people that have gotten too personal, conservatives included, since I have been on here. I agree that name calling needs to stop, but I have seen people accuse others of personal attacks simply because they disagree. Just because someone is offended by someone else, doesn't necessarily mean that person did anything wrong...

Indo
04-02-2010, 02:48 PM
http://oldbluejacket.com/images/SpinTheDemocrat.jpg

The Joker: "Where does she get all of those cool jpegs?"

smokin3000gt
04-02-2010, 03:45 PM
What does it take to ban a right wing nut job who personally attacks the small handful of us liberals constantly with profanity and 4 year old behavior?
I notice his posts have been edited by mods for using profanity. So - if you're a conservative, not only is it fair to personally attack any liberals with no repercussions, but if you ignore the most basic rule of no swearing, the mods will eventually edit your post for you - quietly and politely. I have been wondering where any of you Mods have been during some of the nasty hate spew that's been going on the past couple of days.
I guess you missed it.

Don't worry. I'm sure congress is writing up a fairness doctrine for the internet as we speak. Big brother doesn't stand for hurt feelings.

:binky:

MACH1
04-02-2010, 04:38 PM
Don't worry. I'm sure congress is writing up a fairness doctrine for the internet as we speak. Big brother doesn't stand for hurt feelings.

:binky:

They'll also be handing out "participated" trophies too.

HometownGal
04-02-2010, 10:53 PM
I guess you missed it.

Lefty - I respect the hell out of you but quite honestly, I'm sick and damned tired of the incessant whining and totally unjustified veiled jabs from the left side of the fence.

I'm only going to say this one more time, so read up.

Infractions can only been seen by the member infracted and we Mods/Admin. You have no idea who we have infracted, when we have infracted them or the reason why they were infracted. When someone steps out of line, Gary and I normally issue a warning either on the board or via PM - we're not required to do that but we do so as a courtesy (unless the person is a :troll: or a :spam:mer of course). We do not discriminate against any member because of their race, the team they support, the size of their perceived internet biceps or their political affiliation(s). If that were the case, this board would most likely have about two dozen active members. We as Mods are asked to enforce the board Code of Conduct which was originally crafted by the board Admin when he founded SF. Gary and I aren't on "power trips" nor do we think we are better than anyone else. We were asked to do a job - without pay or perks and more often than not, without appreciation - and we do that job to the best of our abilities because we both care about this board and its overall "health" and progression. There are a ton of great folks here at SF and a large part of what we do is for the benefit of those members and good folks who may be contemplating joining our SF family. We pride ourselves in setting SF apart from the other Steelers BB's out there in many positive ways, including our desire to keep this board family friendly.

We are well aware of the ongoing negative spew around here and with me being totally objective here - you reap what you sow, just as in real time. I've been around the internet long enough to realize that if you throw a poison dart, you should expect one in return. Gary and I have let a lot go on both "sides" - hell, we could have easily infracted 75% of our membership in the Ben, Arians and Obama threads alone, but instead, we took the high road in the hopes that all of the animosity would play itself out. For the most part, it has, but there are a handful of folks around here who can't let their animosities go, unfortunately.

If you would prefer us to strictly adhere to the COC and enforce it to the letter, we will oblige you, but at one point, you may find yourself with an infraction or on the outside looking in. :wink: :flap:

MACH1
04-03-2010, 02:30 AM
^^^^

And that my friend is the truth.

My hat of to both Maryann and Gary. :hatsoff:
They both could have banned my ass a few times and they didn't.

And no I'm not trying to be a suckup.:chuckle::wink02:

ricardisimo
04-03-2010, 04:32 AM
Maryann... I'm not sure I can decipher what you mean when you say only the mods and the person being infracted know. I mean, just glance at the last dozen posts. Chacha just got banned, everyone here knows it, and the Schutzstaffel are beside themselves with glee over it. If I were exceedingly bored, I could go back through the archives and find fifty more incidents like this. I suspect that all of the similarly well-publicized banishments are likewise against those to the Left of you.

Now, it's possible that what you really mean is exactly what many of the libs and Lefties continue to suggest: that only the mods and the Right-wing person being infracted know who's being disciplined. But when it's a Lefty, it gets announced loudly and proudly, with an "Enjoy your vacation buddy - you've more than earned it", and/or with all of the lovely jpegs that members have collected over the years, "Ban Hammers" and whatnots.

Meanwhile Turd #1 called me an anti-Semite and was posting the next day. Another "very respected member" (and Right-winger, of course) gave a (non-Right) young woman on these boards unsolicited advice on how to give Obama head, and of course it was the woman who got banned. Nice touch with that one, HTG.

Oh, and I seriously doubt that the boss has ever called you, revs, zu, Vincent or Indo a "prick". I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the bias couldn't be more obvious if it were painted safety orange.

WH
04-03-2010, 06:31 AM
Oh, and I seriously doubt that the boss has ever called you, revs, zu, Vincent or Indo a "prick". I've said it before, and I'll say it again: the bias couldn't be more obvious if it were painted safety orange.
Even if it were painted safety Orange, people would ignore it. See, the mods are from Pittsburgh and Safety Orange is such a common color because of the roadwork....that color is as common as the color of grass.

that is beside the point.

:thumbsup:

Texasteel
04-03-2010, 08:45 AM
There is no bias here. When you start lashing out aimlessly for no other reason that to insult anyone that doesn't agree with you, you are going to get into trouble. That is just what this person was doing, and he got just what he was asking for. Now it's time for the little social group to yell foul.

I am far from being from the left and I have had post deleted, and words censored, and have gotten a warning once. The difference is that I have always had enough brains to back away and take a look at what I was writhing, and you know, they were right.

As far as anyone from the left have to walk on egg shells around here, you should step back and look at some the post and relies, your skirt is far from clean. The person got banned, he deserved it. No bias, no favoritism, he just got out of hand and got himself burnt.

Marianne and Gary have alway taken a lot of grief before they ban anyone, and from what I have seen it is always someone that has a history of getting out of hand, usually a long history. I have said it before, and I will say it again, they have for more patience that I have. There would be far more banning if I were a mod. My hats off to both of them for the job they have and still do on this board. They do work so very hard for all of us, and the only time they see their names mentioned is when someone wants to bitch.

X-Terminator
04-03-2010, 08:50 AM
Maryann... I'm not sure I can decipher what you mean when you say only the mods and the person being infracted know. I mean, just glance at the last dozen posts. Chacha just got banned, everyone here knows it, and the Schutzstaffel are beside themselves with glee over it. If I were exceedingly bored, I could go back through the archives and find fifty more incidents like this. I suspect that all of the similarly well-publicized banishments are likewise against those to the Left of you.

Now, it's possible that what you really mean is exactly what many of the libs and Lefties continue to suggest: that only the mods and the Right-wing person being infracted know who's being disciplined. But when it's a Lefty, it gets announced loudly and proudly, with an "Enjoy your vacation buddy - you've more than earned it", and/or with all of the lovely jpegs that members have collected over the years, "Ban Hammers" and whatnots.

Meanwhile Turd #1 called me an anti-Semite and was posting the next day. Another "very respected member" (and Right-winger, of course) gave a (non-Right) young woman on these boards unsolicited advice on how to give Obama head, and of course it was the woman who got banned. Nice touch with that one, HTG.

I'm only going to say this one time, so that you and Lefty will CLEARLY understand. Chacha was not banned because he was a left-winger. He was banned because he violated this rule in the COC:

9. Do not argue with the enforcement of the above commandments.

-If any of the Steelers Fever Administrators or Moderators tells you to comply with one of these rules, you must comply.
-If you argue the rules, you'll be warned.
-Keep it up, and you'll receive a temporary ban.

She asked him to knock it off, he refused. He posted his cute little pic implying that she's on a "power trip" because she dared told him to zip it, so now he's gone. He ain't the first one it's happened to, and he won't be the last. Not only that, it turns out that he was a previously banned member AND that he'd been using 2 screen names, which is also a COC violation.

So please, knock it off with the "bias" comments, because you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

X-Terminator
04-03-2010, 09:06 AM
I guess you missed it.

I have had posts edited for using profanity as have many other members here, so you can shelve that one, and I believe a member (who never posted one thing in the politics forum that I can recall) was banned because he constantly used profanity when after repeatedly being warned to stop. So you can bark up another tree.

Hammer67
04-03-2010, 09:22 AM
I think some people have never moderated a board before and are just stating how THEY think it should be run. People forget that a message board is not a democracy and bastion for free speech. The owner of the board and the mods/admins have full discretion. I think the few moderators we have here do an excellent job as there is a TON of traffic. The site is very lax but they do catch bad offenders.

My only suggestion would be to add a few more mods to keep things sane, although, perhaps it isn't needed. Just perception on my part.

I like that this board is rather lax and allows political discussion to get heated...reminds me of my family gatherings where people shout at each other one minute and are laughing and throwing horseshoes the next.

WH
04-03-2010, 09:37 AM
My only suggestion would be to add a few more mods to keep things sane, although, perhaps it isn't needed. Just perception on my part.

More governing bodies.....oh god. What do you think this is? The United States?

NJarhead
04-03-2010, 09:58 AM
I guess you missed it.

Wait a second...
I believe I accused you of being both a hypocrite and a socialist (completely justified by your comments); you turned it into a kids game from there.

You said that I wouldn't say the same things if we were together in person; I assured you I would.

You posted an entire article defining what an "asshole" is; I reminded you that the definition encompassed you as well.

I think that you want the ability to make bold claims, avoid having to support them, then cry when someone like me jumps all over you for them.

You tried to play a game with me, and now you're upset because it didn't go the way you wanted it to. Yet, I'm the 4 year old right?

:rolleyes:

WH
04-03-2010, 10:06 AM
You tried to play a game with me, and now you're upset because it didn't go the way you wanted it to. Yet, I'm the 4 year old right?

:rolleyes:

I hope you won't get all riled up when I want to play a game.

http://breakfastwithspanky.site50.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/monopoly_board.jpg

43Hitman
04-03-2010, 10:23 AM
I kick ass at Monopoly..Just sayin':flap:

NJarhead
04-03-2010, 10:23 AM
I hope you won't get all riled up when I want to play a game.

http://breakfastwithspanky.site50.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/monopoly_board.jpg

You chose an adult game. I love monopoly! :chuckle:

NJarhead
04-03-2010, 10:24 AM
I kick ass at Monopoly..Just sayin':flap:

Oh it's on!

Hammer67
04-03-2010, 10:30 AM
More governing bodies.....oh god. What do you think this is? The United States?

Being that this is a dictatorship, no! Forums are not bastions of free speech. Everything is at the discretion of the owner of the board and membership is voluntary. :wink02:

WH
04-03-2010, 10:41 AM
Come see the violence inherited into the system

help help! I'm being repressed!

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/113/297576372_5e32cd5d3c.jpg

zulater
04-03-2010, 10:57 AM
RE: the original post....this seems like such a ridiculous issue that I am not surprised it was picked up by the liberals...they do tend to grab at straws these days having no answer for Fox's ratings....

And for the record, I am not a Fox or Palin fan.

Ditto, on most everything.

This thread strikes me as much ado about nothing. Palin and Fox are polarizing, that's the only reason this "story" got any traction.

I'm not a Palin fan, I pray she doesn't destroy the Republican ticket in 2012, not that I think she's as bad as portrayed, but she'll never gain the centrist vote that the Republicans will need to regain the White House.

As for Fox news, I get most of my news on the internet, but if there's a major story I'll switch back and forth between CNN and Fox. I don't think Fox slants the news any worse than any of the other networks. It's just that their slant stands out because it leans slightly to the right instead of drastically to the left.

ricardisimo
04-03-2010, 01:20 PM
There is no bias here. When you start lashing out aimlessly for no other reason that to insult anyone that doesn't agree with you, you are going to get into trouble. That is just what this person was doing, and he got just what he was asking for. Now it's time for the little social group to yell foul.

I am far from being from the left and I have had post deleted, and words censored, and have gotten a warning once. The difference is that I have always had enough brains to back away and take a look at what I was writhing, and you know, they were right.

As far as anyone from the left have to walk on egg shells around here, you should step back and look at some the post and relies, your skirt is far from clean. The person got banned, he deserved it. No bias, no favoritism, he just got out of hand and got himself burnt.

Marianne and Gary have alway taken a lot of grief before they ban anyone, and from what I have seen it is always someone that has a history of getting out of hand, usually a long history. I have said it before, and I will say it again, they have for more patience that I have. There would be far more banning if I were a mod. My hats off to both of them for the job they have and still do on this board. They do work so very hard for all of us, and the only time they see their names mentioned is when someone wants to bitch.

This isn't a question of whether or not chacha deserved banishment... it's about whether or not several others haven't earned it richly many times over, but have been been slapped on the wrist instead, or had their misdeeds edited out by the mods when they wouldn't do it themselves. It's not the rules, but their application.

HometownGal
04-03-2010, 01:28 PM
This isn't a question of whether or not chacha deserved banishment... it's about whether or not several others haven't earned it richly many times over, but have been been slapped on the wrist instead, or had their misdeeds edited out by the mods when they wouldn't do it themselves. It's not the rules, but their application.

OK. What we are going to do from here on out is to follow the COC to the letter, not issue any warnings, no "courtesy" PM's, no editing of posts. If you break a rule - any rule - infractions will be handed out and/or you will receive a temp ban or a perma-ban depending on the severity of the offense. Just remember - YOU asked for it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Those of you who bitch and moan incessantly around here are those who have never donated a damned dime to the maintenance of this site. In essence - those of us who have are footing the bill for your privilege of being a member here at SF, as well as paying for you to attack our credibility.

Somehow I don't see you lasting more than a few more weeks, ric. :flap:

ricardisimo
04-03-2010, 01:50 PM
OK. What we are going to do from here on out is to follow the COC to the letter, not issue any warnings, no "courtesy" PM's, no editing of posts. If you break a rule - any rule - infractions will be handed out and/or you will receive a temp ban or a perma-ban depending on the severity of the offense. Just remember - YOU asked for it.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Those of you who bitch and moan incessantly around here are those who have never donated a damned dime to the maintenance of this site. In essence - those of us who have are footing the bill for your privilege of being a member here at SF, as well as paying for you to attack our credibility.

Somehow I don't see you lasting more than a few more weeks, ric. :flap:

Moi? Little ol' me? Are you suggesting that I'm not always on my best behavior? You're only saying that because I'm a Leftist nutcase. I'm being oppressed!!!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-03-2010, 02:07 PM

Actually...you have NO idea how many times ANY of the members are warned through PM's to knock it off. You are filtering the result of his banning through your own biasm without the complete knowledge necessary to make an valid assessment. If chacha made a decision to ignore warnings by the mods, then he got what he deserved...just as I would...or you would.. if we chose to do the same.

Since you are not privy to anyone elses pm's...there is no way for you to make any type of fair judgement towards "application".

Texasteel
04-03-2010, 02:29 PM

The mods have in fact been forgiving at many times. For the record with many they do not agree with. They know that this is a human board, filled with humans that sometimes get carried away by their emotions. Thank you very much for taking this out of the equations.:doh: Me? I have no problem with this as I always try to keep my emotions in check and treat all with respect. I hope for your sake that you can do the same thing. We'll see.

P.S. I just read your last post. I didn't think so.

HometownGal
04-03-2010, 07:21 PM
^^^^

And that my friend is the truth.

My hat of to both Maryann and Gary. :hatsoff:
They both could have banned my ass a few times and they didn't.

And no I'm not trying to be a suckup.:chuckle::wink02:

Suck up hater. :chuckle: :flap: :wink:

smokin3000gt
04-04-2010, 12:13 AM
I guess you missed it.

If either of you are unhappy how this board is ran PLEASE feel free to leave and find another one. It's not as if your paying a annual membership fee. Nothing is owed to you, nor is this board required to be moderated to your liking. :hatsoff:

fansince'76
04-04-2010, 12:28 AM

You don't know shit about what goes on behind the scenes so stop acting like you do.

Shea
04-04-2010, 01:09 AM
You don't know shit about what goes on behind the scenes so stop acting like you do.

I don't see how he's acting as though he knows what goes on behind the scenes.

And because he doesn't see what does go on, he's not the first nor will he be the last to be confused and wonder why certain things have wings and fly, while others leap and immediately take a nosedive.

You guys do a great job moderating, but I'm afraid this will always be the case - the questioning and confusion that will want to be answered and explained.

HometownGal
04-04-2010, 07:40 AM
If either of you are unhappy how this board is ran PLEASE feel free to leave and find another one. It's not as if your paying a annual membership fee. Nothing is owed to you, nor is this board required to be moderated to your liking. :hatsoff:

:applaudit::hatsoff::applaudit:

While we try to fairly accommodate everyone, no matter what we do we're damned if we do and damned if we don't, unfortunately. :banging: Oh well - it's part of the job.

I don't see how he's acting as though he knows what goes on behind the scenes.

I don't see how what ric posted could be viewed any other way. :noidea: He made direct accusations with regard to how Gary and I mod this board which are totally untrue and Gary simply reiterated what I had originally posted to ric that other than the member and we Mods/Admin, no one is privy to what actions are taken in any given situation (other than a member being banned which appears as the User Title or a member letting the "cat out of the bag" on the open board).

And because he doesn't see what does go on, he's not the first nor will he be the last to be confused and wonder why certain things have wings and fly, while others leap and immediately take a nosedive.

You guys do a great job moderating, but I'm afraid this will always be the case - the questioning and confusion that will want to be answered and explained.

I can assure you that ric wasn't "confused" when he made his original post about our performance around here. My Momma raised ugly kids, not stupid ones. :chuckle:

Again - I reiterate . . .

Those of you who bitch and moan incessantly around here are those who have never donated a damned dime to the maintenance of this site. In essence - those of us who have are footing the bill for your privilege of being a member here at SF, as well as paying for you to attack our credibility.

ricardisimo
04-04-2010, 06:43 PM
There is another element to all of this, and it relates to Left vs. Right. People on the Right are... How shall I put this so as to give the least offense?... somewhat more enamored of authority than those of us on the Left. They are more likely to find themselves on the "Law & Order" side of most arguments, as well as generally more supportive of the Armed Forces, the brass and military action in general. And they tend to take the side of capital over labor in workplace disputes.

Those of us on the Left are, contrariwise, less supportive of authority in the above examples as well as throughout society generally. I have to assume that this would apply just as much to forum admins as to any other kind of authority figure.

In other words, this problem might never go away for so long as there are hierarchies and a Left-Right schism. The only solution, clearly, is to kill everyone on the Left.

ricardisimo
04-04-2010, 06:44 PM
Wow. Just felt an earthquake here. Any other SoCal residents feel that?

Texasteel
04-04-2010, 07:22 PM
There is another element to all of this, and it relates to Left vs. Right. People on the Right are... How shall I put this so as to give the least offense?... somewhat more enamored of authority than those of us on the Left. They are more likely to find themselves on the "Law & Order" side of most arguments, as well as generally more supportive of the Armed Forces, the brass and military action in general. And they tend to take the side of capital over labor in workplace disputes.

Those of us on the Left are, contrariwise, less supportive of authority in the above examples as well as throughout society generally. I have to assume that this would apply just as much to forum admins as to any other kind of authority figure.

In other words, this problem might never go away for so long as there are hierarchies and a Left-Right schism. The only solution, clearly, is to kill everyone on the Left.

I had been in construction and a member of union for over 35 years till I retired last August, I am still a member of that union. I do see myself a law abiding, and had served in the armed forces for 6 years, I like to think I served both the left and the right. I still have great respect for the men and women that serve today. Apparently you find that to be a fault in my character, so be it. Oh, you forgot to mention that I am over the age of 60 and my brain may not work correctly.

That doesn't change the fact the this board is being managed fairly, by two people that work very hard to do so. Left, Right, or Middle.

smokin3000gt
04-04-2010, 08:05 PM

We don't have to kill everyone on the left. You guys can stay and congregate in CA and finish running that place in to the ground with your liberal laws and politics (seems like they're doing wonders so far) and the rest of us will support private sector job growth, smaller government, and fewer entitlements or hand outs.

zulater
04-04-2010, 08:10 PM

I guess Stalin, Castro and Chaves are perfect examples of how leftist politico's abhor being too authorative and controlling. :chuckle:

MACH1
04-04-2010, 08:13 PM
I had been in construction and a member of union for over 35 years till I retired last August, I am still a member of that union. I do see myself a law abiding, and had served in the armed forces for 6 years, I like to think I served both the left and the right. I still have great respect for the men and women that serve today. Apparently you find that to be a fault in my character, so be it. Oh, you forgot to mention that I am over the age of 60 and my brain may not work correctly.

That doesn't change the fact the this board is being managed fairly, by two people that work very hard to do so. Left, Right, or Middle.

Don't worry, according to the new deathcare you've outlived your usefulness and be dealt with. :wink02:

Hammer67
04-04-2010, 09:00 PM

:chuckle:

HometownGal
04-04-2010, 10:19 PM

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny: Mkay ric. If you say so. :chuckle:

I was on the left for most of my adult life until I switched parties in 2004 because I couldn't live a lie any longer - as I got older, I didn't agree much with what the Democratic Party had become and until 2004, had remained a Demo until that time because I was working for a Democratic state official. The woman I worked for was very Pro-Life (most Demos are not) very supportive of our military and treated those who worked with her like family. I loved and respected her tremendously, God rest her sweet soul. During the last several years in her employ, I saw first hand what the party represented and how they operated and I have to tell ya - I was appalled and quite frankly, disgusted, though I kept my yap shut and my feelings mum. After switching parties, I worked with both the Bush campaign in 2003/2004 and Lynn Swann's campaign for Governor of PA in 2006 and though the GOP has its share of lying, corrupt douchenozzles, I encountered only a few during my work with both of the above-mentioned campaigns.

I can assure you without a shadow of a doubt that I am not "enamored by authority" as a Mod on an internet BB. :laughing: How truly sad that would be if it were true. I am asked to do a job, as is Gary, and we attempt to do that job to the best of our abilities while realizing that our actions aren't going to please 100% of our members 100% of the time. We knew up front that modding is, for the most part, a thankless job and that the Whine-O-Meter would be put into tilt mode on occasion. As I stated earlier - it's all part of the job.

I think we have hijacked this thread long enough and it's time to get back to the issue at hand. My apologies to the OP for my part in the hijack.

smokin3000gt
04-05-2010, 12:26 AM
:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny: Mkay ric. If you say so. :chuckle:

I was on the left for most of my adult life until I switched parties in 2004 because I couldn't live a lie any longer - as I got older, I didn't agree much with what the Democratic Party had become and until 2004, had remained a Demo until that time because I was working for a Democratic state official. The woman I worked for was very Pro-Life (most Demos are not) very supportive of our military and treated those who worked with her like family. I loved and respected her tremendously, God rest her sweet soul. During the last several years in her employ, I saw first hand what the party represented and how they operated and I have to tell ya - I was appalled and quite frankly, disgusted, though I kept my yap shut and my feelings mum. After switching parties, I worked with both the Bush campaign in 2003/2004 and Lynn Swann's campaign for Governor of PA in 2006 and though the GOP has its share of lying, corrupt douchenozzles, I encountered only a few during my work with both of the above-mentioned campaigns.

I can assure you without a shadow of a doubt that I am not "enamored by authority" as a Mod on an internet BB. :laughing: How truly sad that would be if it were true. I am asked to do a job, as is Gary, and we attempt to do that job to the best of our abilities while realizing that our actions aren't going to please 100% of our members 100% of the time. We knew up front that modding is, for the most part, a thankless job and that the Whine-O-Meter would be put into tilt mode on occasion. As I stated earlier - it's all part of the job.

I think we have hijacked this thread long enough and it's time to get back to the issue at hand. My apologies to the OP for my part in the hijack.

No worries HTG. I will get us back on track.

*ahem*

Palin + Fox = BS!

Shea
04-05-2010, 01:48 AM
I don't see how what ric posted could be viewed any other way. :noidea: He made direct accusations with regard to how Gary and I mod this board which are totally untrue and Gary simply reiterated what I had originally posted to ric that other than the member and we Mods/Admin, no one is privy to what actions are taken in any given situation (other than a member being banned which appears as the User Title or a member letting the "cat out of the bag" on the open board).

Just to be clear, that is basically what I was trying to say.

Yes, bitching was going on. What I tried to convey with my post, was that because people aren't privy to what goes on behind the scenes then these types of situations will probably always pop up and be questioned.

Without knowing the whole story, it can look to be something completely different than what it might be. Because of what we the members of the forum can only see, people will derive an opinion based on that whether it be right or wrong.

ricardisimo
04-05-2010, 04:03 AM
For the record: the Democratic Party is not "Left". Consider, if you will, that the Tories, the UMP in France and the PP in Spain are all considerably to the Left of the Democrats here. That doesn't speak well of the Democrats, nor of the health of our country's political "spectrum".

This is, of course, the fault of Sarah Palin and Fox News (my insipid attempt at getting this thread back on track.)

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-05-2010, 06:08 AM
For the record: the Democratic Party is not "Left".

Originally posted by ricardisimo
Those of us on the Left are, contrariwise, less supportive of authority

:huh:.... :tap:....:hunch:

Vincent
04-05-2010, 10:01 AM
For the record: the Democratic Party is not "Left". Consider, if you will, that the Tories, the UMP in France and the PP in Spain are all considerably to the Left of the Democrats here. That doesn't speak well of the Democrats, nor of the health of our country's political "spectrum".

The donkeys aren't "left" but the Tories are. That's some provocative "thinking" Ric. :hatsoff:

This is why Ubuntu Boy and his friend Mr. PC need to be all tucked in and asleep at 4AM.

NJarhead
04-05-2010, 10:23 AM
:huh:.... :tap:....:hunch:

Beat me to it.

:drink:

ricardisimo
04-05-2010, 04:38 PM
I'm glad to see that you guys are working on this problem. Let me know when you decide you need help with it.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-06-2010, 08:27 AM
I'm glad to see that you guys are working on this problem. Let me know when you decide you need help with it.

Sounds good.

But to make sure that you give us the proper space and time to work on it on our own...dont worry about coming back until we tell you we have it figured out.

:thumbsup:

WH
04-06-2010, 08:32 AM
This is why we can't have nice things.