PDA

View Full Version : Almost final mock by Tex.

Texasteel
04-04-2010, 09:20 AM
Oppinions are like you know what, so here are mine, it is almost 2 week old and still plent of time to change though. I haven't work in any trade, but could see several posibilities. Of course just 1 or 2 early trade could change things a bunch.

St. Louis Rams
Sam Bradford -- QB -- Okla.
They could use a WR, DE, QB. I think they will bypass better players for a more important position. Clausen may be catching up to Bradford a little, but I think Bradford will be the pick.

Detroit Lions
Ndamukong Suh -- DT -- Neb.
Even the Lions can't screw this pick up, even though they have already signed some line help, but they could go McCoy instead.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Gerald McCoy -- DT -- Okla
Tampa needs D-Line help badly. That makes McCoy the logical pick.

Washington Redskins
Russell Okung -- OT -- Okla. St.
They could use a FS, a RB, or a QB, but I think their biggest need is OT and Okung is worthy this pick.

Kansas City Chiefs
Bryan Bulaga -- OT -- Iowa
Their defense needs help in the middle, from the line back, but Bulaga would help a line that is worse than the defense.

Seattle Seahawks
Eric Berry -- FS -- Tenn.
Need line help and a S. Berry is far more value than any of the OTs left.

Cleveland Browns
Joe Haden -- CB -- Florida
In light of what is happening this may change, but for now I will stay with Haden.

Oakland Readers
Bruce Campbell -- OT -- Maryland
No team is more effected by the combines, and Bruce had a good combine. Need help on the D-line as well.

Buffalo Bills
Dex Bryant -- WR -- Okla. St.
If it were me I would go Clausen, but I think they go with Bryant. Could also use a OT.

Jacksonville Jaguars
Derick Morgan -- DE -- G.T.
Need a better pass rush, Morgan would supply that.

Denver Broncos
Rolando McClain -- ILB -- Alabama
Need interior line help but will wait till the 2nd round. McClain stops here.

Miami Dolphins
Dan Williams -- NT -- Tenn.
Some may say this is a reach, but the Miami needs a stopper in the middle, and NTs seem to go a little higher.

San Francisco 49ers
Earl Thomas -- FS -- Texas
They need an OT but there is 2 on the board and only 3 picks to their next pick. Plus Seattle could be eying Thomas.

Seattle Seahawks
Jimmy Clausen -- QB -- N.D.
Could us O-line help, but how much longer will their QB be able to play.

New York Giants
Sergio Kindle -- OLB -- Texas
Can use a better pass rush. Kendle could be the best at that at this point. May take a look at Jason Pierrer-Paul.

Tennessee Titans
Jason Pierrer-Paul -- DE -- S. Florida
Again need a better pass rush. Should look at Kindle if N.Y. go's with Pierrer-Paul.

San Francisco 49ers
Trent Williams -- OT -- Okla.
Gamble pays off, still have a choice of 2. Williams had a good combine, and may be a little quicker.

Pittsburgh Steelers
Anthony Davis -- OT -- Rutgers
FA signings make this pick possible. A good LT is not easy to find, and Stark is average in some eyes. Will take over at LT after a year of play.

Atlanta Falcons
Mike Iuputi -- OG -- Idaho
Early for an OG? Maybe, but they need interior line help.

Houston Texans
Kyle Wilson -- CB -- Boise St.
RB is possible here, but need a good CB, and Wilson is a climber right now.

Cincinnati Bengles
Jeraine Gresham -- TE -- Okla.
I think this is the safest prediction I've made so far.

New England Patriots
Brandon Graham -- OLB -- Mich.
Remember Woodley, Graham should help greatly with the pass rush. Everson Griffin is possible.

Green Bay Packers
C.J. Spiller -- RB -- Clemson
Not their biggest need, but I think they find themselves in the same position the Steelers were in when they took Mendy.

Philidelphia Eagles
Carlos Dunlap -- DE -- Florida.
Might look at LB, but Carlos might be the BAP here.

Baltimore Ravens
Devin McCourty -- CB -- Rugers
With the need for a WR filled the Ravens look to the CB position.

Arizona Cardinals
Sean Weatherspoon -- OLB -- Missouri
When the Steelers got interested, they got interested.

Dallas cowboys
Taylor May -- SS -- USC
Jones has openly criticized his DB. May had a good combines, and that impressed the cowboys.

San Diego Chargers
Travis Best -- RB -- Cal.
Probably should go with Odrick, but always seems more worried about the offense.

New York Jets
Jared Odrick -- DT -- Penn. St.
Could go WR., Tate is there, but think they can get a good one in the 2nd.

Minnesota Vikings
Maurkice Pouncey -- OC -- Florida
Could go CB, but think they will strengthen the interior of the line.

Indianapolis Colts.
Charles Brown -- OT -- USC
Protecting Manning is their main focus.

New Orleans Saints.
Everson Griffin -- DE -- OSU
One of the best DEs is still on the board.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-04-2010, 09:30 AM
Oppinions are like you know what, so here are mine, it is almost 2 week old and still plent of time to change though. I haven't work in any trade, but could see several posibilities. Of course just 1 or 2 early trade could change things a bunch.

St. Louis Rams
Sam Bradford -- QB -- Okla.
They could use a WR, DE, QB. I think they will bypass better players for a more important position. Clausen may be catching up to Bradford a little, but I think Bradford will be the pick.

Detroit Lions
Ndamukong Suh -- DT -- Neb.
Even the Lions can't screw this pick up, even though they have already signed some line help, but they could go McCoy instead.

Tampa Bay Buccaneers
Gerald McCoy -- DT -- Okla
Tampa needs D-Line help badly. That makes McCoy the logical pick.

Washington Redskins
Russell Okung -- OT -- Okla. St.
They could use a FS, a RB, or a QB, but I think their biggest need is OT and Okung is worthy this pick.

Kansas City Chiefs
Bryan Bulaga -- OT -- Iowa
Their defense needs help in the middle, from the line back, but Bulaga would help a line that is worse than the defense.

Seattle Seahawks
Eric Berry -- FS -- Tenn.
Need line help and a S. Berry is far more value than any of the OTs left.

Cleveland Browns
Joe Haden -- CB -- Florida
In light of what is happening this may change, but for now I will stay with Haden.

Oakland Readers
Bruce Campbell -- OT -- Maryland
No team is more effected by the combines, and Bruce had a good combine. Need help on the D-line as well.

Buffalo Bills
Dex Bryant -- WR -- Okla. St.
If it were me I would go Clausen, but I think they go with Bryant. Could also use a OT.

Jacksonville Jaguars
Derick Morgan -- DE -- G.T.
Need a better pass rush, Morgan would supply that.

Denver Broncos
Rolando McClain -- ILB -- Alabama
Need interior line help but will wait till the 2nd round. McClain stops here.

Miami Dolphins
Dan Williams -- NT -- Tenn.
Some may say this is a reach, but the Miami needs a stopper in the middle, and NTs seem to go a little higher.

San Francisco 49ers
Earl Thomas -- FS -- Texas
They need an OT but there is 2 on the board and only 3 picks to their next pick. Plus Seattle could be eying Thomas.

Seattle Seahawks
Jimmy Clausen -- QB -- N.D.
Could us O-line help, but how much longer will their QB be able to play.

New York Giants
Sergio Kindle -- OLB -- Texas
Can use a better pass rush. Kendle could be the best at that at this point. May take a look at Jason Pierrer-Paul.

Tennessee Titans
Jason Pierrer-Paul -- DE -- S. Florida
Again need a better pass rush. Should look at Kindle if N.Y. go's with Pierrer-Paul.

San Francisco 49ers
Trent Williams -- OT -- Okla.
Gamble pays off, still have a choice of 2. Williams had a good combine, and may be a little quicker.

Pittsburgh Steelers
Anthony Davis -- OT -- Rutgers
FA signings make this pick possible. A good LT is not easy to find, and Stark is average in some eyes. Will take over at LT after a year of play.

Atlanta Falcons
Mike Iuputi -- OG -- Idaho
Early for an OG? Maybe, but they need interior line help.

Houston Texans
Kyle Wilson -- CB -- Boise St.
RB is possible here, but need a good CB, and Wilson is a climber right now.

Cincinnati Bengles
Jeraine Gresham -- TE -- Okla.
I think this is the safest prediction I've made so far.

New England Patriots
Brandon Graham -- OLB -- Mich.
Remember Woodley, Graham should help greatly with the pass rush. Everson Griffin is possible.

Green Bay Packers
C.J. Spiller -- RB -- Clemson
Not their biggest need, but I think they find themselves in the same position the Steelers were in when they took Mendy.

Philidelphia Eagles
Carlos Dunlap -- DE -- Florida.
Might look at LB, but Carlos might be the BAP here.

Baltimore Ravens
Devin McCourty -- CB -- Rugers
With the need for a WR filled the Ravens look to the CB position.

Arizona Cardinals
Sean Weatherspoon -- OLB -- Missouri
When the Steelers got interested, they got interested.

Dallas cowboys
Taylor May -- SS -- USC
Jones has openly criticized his DB. May had a good combines, and that impressed the cowboys.

San Diego Chargers
Travis Best -- RB -- Cal.
Probably should go with Odrick, but always seems more worried about the offense.

New York Jets
Jared Odrick -- DT -- Penn. St.
Could go WR., Tate is there, but think they can get a good one in the 2nd.

Minnesota Vikings
Maurkice Pouncey -- OC -- Florida
Could go CB, but think they will strengthen the interior of the line.

Indianapolis Colts.
Charles Brown -- OT -- USC
Protecting Manning is their main focus.

New Orleans Saints.
Everson Griffin -- DE -- OSU
One of the best DEs is still on the board.

Well thought out draft...good job as always my friend!!!

St33lersguy
04-04-2010, 10:33 AM
good job

pete74
04-04-2010, 12:07 PM
I wouldn't mind having Davis. If he falls to us I hope we jump on him. He can immediatly take the RT job and Colon can move to guard. That would really improve our line

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-04-2010, 01:05 PM
I wouldn't mind having Davis. If he falls to us I hope we jump on him. He can immediatly take the RT job and Colon can move to guard. That would really improve our line

That is a great idea......many have talked about moving Colon to guard around here the past couple seasons. I just dont think they are gonna do it, but would make a lot of sense.

The only thing with Davis is the work ethic and that will be found out in the interviews with he and his previous coaches. People harp on him being overweight, but if you saw him at the Combine, he looked like a guy that carried his weight just as good as anybody else like Ducasse or Williams.

Texasteel
04-04-2010, 02:53 PM
That is a great idea......many have talked about moving Colon to guard around here the past couple seasons. I just dont think they are gonna do it, but would make a lot of sense.

The only thing with Davis is the work ethic and that will be found out in the interviews with he and his previous coaches. People harp on him being overweight, but if you saw him at the Combine, he looked like a guy that carried his weight just as good as anybody else like Ducasse or Williams.

Not going to talk about it any more, may have jinks the pick already.

Merchant
04-04-2010, 04:11 PM
Good mock draft.

*Not to be picky but Everson Griffen plays for USC not OSU :P

pete74
04-04-2010, 06:23 PM

i think colon would be a top guard and with him and kemo on the inside and davis and starks on the out we would have a great offensive line. all we would need is a center and we would be getting 7ypc

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-05-2010, 03:11 PM
i think colon would be a top guard and with him and kemo on the inside and davis and starks on the out we would have a great offensive line. all we would need is a center and we would be getting 7ypc

I think Starks is a bum that has never lived up to his expectations in his 6 or 7 seasons in the NFL. I too think Colon would be a great guard, but is gonna cash in for around $6.5million a season as a RT if the Steelers dont extend him.

I'd love to see an OT like Davis drafted, Colon extended and Starks traded. Future O line from Left to Rt could be Davis, Kemo, Hartwig(Legursky), Urbik, Colon.

pete74
04-05-2010, 03:35 PM
I think Starks is a bum that has never lived up to his expectations in his 6 or 7 seasons in the NFL. I too think Colon would be a great guard, but is gonna cash in for around $6.5million a season as a RT if the Steelers dont extend him.

I'd love to see an OT like Davis drafted, Colon extended and Starks traded. Future O line from Left to Rt could be Davis, Kemo, Hartwig(Legursky), Urbik, Colon.

starks is inconsisten but he did shut down some of the best DE this past year. jared allen included. i think starks will be alot better this year

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-05-2010, 08:37 PM
starks is inconsisten but he did shut down some of the best DE this past year. jared allen included. i think starks will be alot better this year

He shut down Jared Allen....I'll give him that. But, that is classic Starks in needing to be motivated by playing against a training partner in Allen, but being victimized by nobody's, like David Bowens, Jonathan Fanene and in losses to the Browns, and Bengals

The guy is at best average and so inconsistent that its painful to watch him there on Ben's blind side.

devilsdancefloor
04-05-2010, 09:26 PM
He shut down Jared Allen....I'll give him that. But, that is classic Starks in needing to be motivated by playing against a training partner in Allen, but being victimized by nobody's, like David Bowens, Jonathan Fanene and in losses to the Browns, and Bengals

The guy is at best average and so inconsistent that its painful to watch him there on Ben's blind side.

i agree 110% starks is SOOO inconsistent it makes me wanna punch someone at times. I really think legursky takes the center job this year. Id love to know the progress of urbik, hills & frank the tank.

Psyychoward86
04-05-2010, 09:35 PM
At San Diego's pick it's "Jahvid" Best just letting you know lol. That would be one uber scatback duo btw haha.

Psyychoward86
04-05-2010, 09:36 PM

he shut down jared allen and elvis dumervil.

he also got lit up by pass rushers from toilet teams that nobody had ever even heard of.

Consistency is something you like to see from your players.

Galax Steeler
04-06-2010, 03:35 AM
Nice job but I am still hoping for Earl Thomas.

Texasteel
04-06-2010, 06:19 AM
At San Diego's pick it's "Jahvid" Best just letting you know lol. That would be one uber scatback duo btw haha.

Yea, you guy know me. I get to working this darn key board and it hard telling what I put down. Actually I think Mathews is a better RB, but think that SD will be caught up in the 40 time that Best ran at the combines. Personally, the more mistakes SD makes the better. Don't hate them, Just don't like them much.

I am a little surprised no one is giving me a hard time over the Bills pick.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-06-2010, 03:50 PM
he shut down jared allen and elvis dumervil.

he also got lit up by pass rushers from toilet teams that nobody had ever even heard of.

Consistency is something you like to see from your players.

Jared Allen, yes. Dumervil....not really. I watched that game closely and rewatched it on video. Starks did a good job on him, but at times Dumervil moved around to the other side, he dropped into coverage or could not get to rush because of quick bubble screens.

Some may also think that Starks shut down Antwan Odom of the Bengals, but on passing downs, the Bengals moved Odom inside over Kemo and put rookie Michael Johnson on the LT to rush the passer. Starks did well, but Kemo stopped Odom.

Again, Starks is average and inconsistent. He shuts down Jared Allen and gets beat by Fanane, then stinks it up in the loss to the Browns. I would not be bitter if he was replaced, but its not gonna happen this year.

Draft a CB.