PDA

View Full Version : Schefter: Bulger to Arizona or Pittsburgh

WilleStargellParker
04-05-2010, 05:41 PM
http://www.ffmastermind.com/quickbits.php

ESPN's Adam Schefter believes that free-agent QB Marc Bulger will wind up either in Arizona or Pittsburgh, where he is from.

And he has just been released today.

Godfather
04-05-2010, 05:47 PM
No way does Bulger end up in Arizona. He's never played for the Steelers.

SMR
04-05-2010, 05:51 PM

ROFL

Excellent one!

Merchant
04-05-2010, 06:26 PM
Yes.. that makes perfect sense. Considering we have Ben, Dixon, and Batch on the roster. Yes that's EXACTLY what we need. a 4th QB against our fictional salary cap.

Fire Haley
04-05-2010, 06:35 PM
Schefter: "McNabb to the Raiders"

wrong again

slippy
04-05-2010, 06:38 PM
so we're getting bulger, mcnabb AND vick. wow!

Psyychoward86
04-05-2010, 06:41 PM
LOL, the article says Schefter "belives" he will end up in Arizona or Pittsburgh.

That doesnt mean jack....

Dylan
04-05-2010, 09:15 PM
LOL, the article says Schefter "belives" he will end up in Arizona or Pittsburgh.

That doesnt mean jack....

i "believe" we will draft ndamukong suh :grin:

Steelers17
04-05-2010, 09:26 PM
Yes.. that makes perfect sense. Considering we have Ben, Dixon, and Batch on the roster. Yes that's EXACTLY what we need. a 4th QB against our fictional salary cap.

Denial is a wonderful thing. :tt03:

Psyychoward86
04-05-2010, 09:31 PM

why stop there, let's trade in Ben so we have 3 1st round picks :rolleyes:

Dylan
04-05-2010, 09:40 PM

hahaha :rofl:

mesaSteeler
04-05-2010, 09:50 PM
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::r ofl:

steelerdude15
04-05-2010, 10:15 PM
And while they're at it, we might as well trade away Polamalu to get another first round draft pick. :wink02:

Matty™
04-06-2010, 03:22 AM
despite the fact I do like Bulger and think he would make an ace Back-up something tells me he won't be coming to Pittsburgh, mainly three other QB's on the roster.

Galax Steeler
04-06-2010, 03:27 AM
I think we would have to get rid of Batch in order for this to happen. He will not be in Pittsburgh.

Matty™
04-06-2010, 03:58 AM
I wonder if the releasing of Bulger is the final move made to make room for Bradford

or maybe they'll trade for a franchise QB???

solardave
04-06-2010, 04:11 AM

That way we can draft 3 QBs and replace them all.:doh:

HometownGal
04-06-2010, 05:15 AM
I would have preferred Bulger over Batch but with the re-signing of Batch, don't think it's going to happen. If I had my druthers, I'd have wanted the Steelers to get Lefty back over signing any of the QB's out there, but that isn't going to happen either. :banging:

zulater
04-06-2010, 07:55 AM
I would have preferred Bulger over Batch but with the re-signing of Batch, don't think it's going to happen. If I had my druthers, I'd have wanted the Steelers to get Lefty back over signing any of the QB's out there, but that isn't going to happen either. :banging:

It all depends. If charges are brought against Ben I'm fairly certain they will waste no time in getting another established veteran qb in before the post draft OTA's begin.

SteelerFanInStl
04-06-2010, 09:05 AM
I think we would have to get rid of Batch in order for this to happen. He will not be in Pittsburgh.

:iagree: Where do they come up with this crap?

fansince'76
04-06-2010, 09:09 AM
Schefter: "McNabb to the Raiders"

wrong again

Funny, I keep hearing that Schefter's word is as good as gold.

SteelGhost
04-06-2010, 09:19 AM

I agree 100% :thumbsup:

fansince'76 Funny, I keep hearing that Schefter's word is as good as gold.

As soon as he went to Disney Channel II , he lost a step :chuckle:

stlrtruck
04-06-2010, 10:56 AM
Funny, I keep hearing that Schefter's word is as good as gold.

As good as Fool's Gold. :toofunny:

OX1947
04-06-2010, 12:57 PM
Bulger is a PA kid. When he is healthy, is a pretty darn good QB. The Rams O-line was the worst in the league last year and has been pretty bad the last few years. With Mendy playing well and more emphasis on the run game, Bulger might be a perfect fit if Ben is charged and cant play. I didn't anticipate the rams cutting Bulger, and I do not think anyone else did. So, if Bulger is available, and Ben is charged, then you have to bring in a proven QB to go with the talent to have a chance at winning a title. And Bulger also has the ability to get the ball down-field with the amazing WR the Steelers have. Batch is a 3rd guy now and Dixon isn't ready, if ever. And the Steelers acquisitions this off season point to winning now. Steelers have to get a proven QB if Ben cant play in 2010. Otherwise, it is a wasted season for the vet heavy, Super Bowl built team.

xbroughneck
04-06-2010, 01:26 PM
Bulger is a PA kid. When he is healthy, is a pretty darn good QB. The Rams O-line was the worst in the league last year and has been pretty bad the last few years. With Mendy playing well and more emphasis on the run game, Bulger might be a perfect fit if Ben is charged and cant play. I didn't anticipate the rams cutting Bulger, and I do not think anyone else did. So, if Bulger is available, and Ben is charged, then you have to bring in a proven QB to go with the talent to have a chance at winning a title. And Bulger also has the ability to get the ball down-field with the amazing WR the Steelers have. Batch is a 3rd guy now and Dixon isn't ready, if ever. And the Steelers acquisitions this off season point to winning now. Steelers have to get a proven QB if Ben cant play in 2010. Otherwise, it is a wasted season for the vet heavy, Super Bowl built team.

So, the idea is to bring in another brittle QB to play behind our average pass blocking O-line? Eventually the wind is going to blow hard in Pittsburgh. When it does Bulger is going to miss a few games.

Then what?

WH
04-06-2010, 03:10 PM
So, the idea is to bring in another brittle QB to play behind our average pass blocking O-line? Eventually the wind is going to blow hard in Pittsburgh. When it does Bulger is going to miss a few games.

Then what?

Then he can ask Troy what fun things there are to do on the sidelines.

KeiselPower99
04-06-2010, 04:44 PM
Ill take Leftwich over Bulger.

Psyychoward86
04-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Bulger is a PA kid. When he is healthy, is a pretty darn good QB. The Rams O-line was the worst in the league last year and has been pretty bad the last few years.

the Rams O-line has actually really shaped up the last two years to be decent. Jason Brown is one of the best, and the two tackles are maulers as well.

LVSteelersfan
04-06-2010, 06:37 PM
Bulger can't get out of the way of his own shadow. No way he would last with the Swiss cheese line the Steelers have. He does not have the elusiveness or escapability that Ben does. I don't see it. I do wish they would have let Batch go though. He is a waste of a roster spot these days.

Vincent
04-06-2010, 08:17 PM

I believe I'll have a Scotch.

JPbucco
04-06-2010, 08:34 PM
Actually, I could see Bulger coming here. Batch was signed to be an extra arm during OTAs. He will not see the regular season.

Once they decided to keep Ben away from workouts, Charlie was signed.

I believe they have been biding their time until Leftwich was released or until they drafted a #3. Batch will retire and be offered an organizational position.

Bulger becoming available may make the Leftwich situation moot. He will make a fine backup and will compete with Dixon if Ben is unavailable.

Schefter knows his shit.

steelerdave1969
04-06-2010, 09:47 PM
Sorry Bucco but I dont agree about Batch not seeing the regular season. The Steelers will most likely keep 3 QB's on their roster just like the last couple years they have. Batch is very experienced and ya never know what your gonna get out of a 2nd year QB like Dixon or anyone for that matter. I hope that Dixon gets first shot at no.2 behind Ben, but I feel comfortable with Batch for a short time without the starter whoever it may be.

Rick5895
04-07-2010, 04:19 AM
I would rather take my chances with Dixon than have a brokendown Bulger, if there is no Ben.

SteelerFanInStl
04-07-2010, 07:46 AM
Bulger can't get out of the way of his own shadow. No way he would last with the Swiss cheese line the Steelers have. He does not have the elusiveness or escapability that Ben does. I don't see it.

:iagree: I live in St. Louis and have seen Bulger play a lot. I could possibly see him as a backup but I wouldn't want him as the starter.

stlrtruck
04-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Actually, I could see Bulger coming here. Batch was signed to be an extra arm during OTAs. He will not see the regular season.

Once they decided to keep Ben away from workouts, Charlie was signed.

I believe they have been biding their time until Leftwich was released or until they drafted a #3. Batch will retire and be offered an organizational position.

Bulger becoming available may make the Leftwich situation moot. He will make a fine backup and will compete with Dixon if Ben is unavailable.

Schefter knows his shit.

And that's about all he knows!

Personally, I believe the Steelers will go with who is already in house. Dixon proved himself last year against the ratbirds. There is no reason for the Steelers to bring in Bulger.

Matty™
04-07-2010, 12:25 PM
I would rather take my chances with Dixon than have a brokendown Bulger, if there is no Ben.

I think Bulger with a good O-Line like at the Steelers would put in some pretty awesome performances.

I think he's gona try for a starting position though and he won't get that in Pittsburgh

xbroughneck
04-07-2010, 01:45 PM

Bingo.

He's not mobile.

In Arians offense Bulger would get broken in half. Hell, a lot of Ben's success has been on plays where the traditional offense has broken down and he improvises. In that situation I'd rather have Dixon as the QB who is athletic enough to make something happen when the pass isn't there.

You guys remember the number of sacks in the Philly game two years ago? Wanna know how many of those hits it would have taken before bulger would have been on a stretcher?

The Steelers OLine is no better at pass blocking than the Rams. The difference in the offense is Ben is much better than Bulger when the play breaks down. He's stronger, and elusive. Two things Bulger is not.

spyboots
04-07-2010, 04:38 PM
No. (If we'd end up needing another QB (for backup), God forbid, we'd try to get Lefty I would think.)

steelreserve
04-07-2010, 04:51 PM
Bingo.

He's not mobile.

In Arians offense Bulger would get broken in half. Hell, a lot of Ben's success has been on plays where the traditional offense has broken down and he improvises. In that situation I'd rather have Dixon as the QB who is athletic enough to make something happen when the pass isn't there.

You guys remember the number of sacks in the Philly game two years ago? Wanna know how many of those hits it would have taken before bulger would have been on a stretcher?

The Steelers OLine is no better at pass blocking than the Rams. The difference in the offense is Ben is much better than Bulger when the play breaks down. He's stronger, and elusive. Two things Bulger is not.

Everyone points the the Eagles game and says "OMG, (insert name of QB) would get KILLED behind our line because he's not mobile!" Well ... no. Ben got his ass kicked so badly in that game because even after it was obvious that we were having trouble containing the pass rush, he insisted on holding on to the ball and trying to throw 40-yard bombs all day.

When Leftwich came in toward the end of that game, he dealt with the pressure just fine, and he's about the least mobile guy I've heard of. Leftwich saw what was coming and made the adjustment to throw the ball more quickly, which is what I assume any veteran quarterback who knows his limitations would do.

Anyway ... that aside, I'd be surprised if we signed Bulger anyway, since we JUST re-signed Batch. It would also mean we'd basically be throwing away Dixon, because if we keep holding him back from any kind of meaningful role, we can say goodbye when his contract expires at the end of this year.

Psyychoward86
04-07-2010, 05:34 PM

because that's what two year contracts are for

WilleStargellParker
04-07-2010, 05:46 PM
I think its funny you guys want to write Bulger off and say he takes to many sacks and etc. Seriously do not forget this guy actually beat out Kurt Warner for the starting position and that was a Kurt Warner in his prime. I'm sorry but who did Bulger have the last couple seasons to toss the rock too ? A aging Torry Holt, Donnie Avery and a bunch of other rookie wrs. In fact when he started to build a chemistry with one of them they got hurt and was lost for the season. You give Bulger a talented wr core like he had in the past and I think the guy can be very productive. Funny thing is we have that core here in Pittsburgh now.

BehindSteelCurtain
04-07-2010, 05:48 PM
I think its funny you guys want to write Bulger off and say he takes to many sacks and etc. Seriously do not forget this guy actually beat out Kurt Warner for the starting position and that was a Kurt Warner in his prime. I'm sorry but who did Bulger have the last couple seasons to toss the rock too ? A aging Torry Holt, Donnie Avery and a bunch of other rookie wrs. In fact when he started to build a chemistry with one of them they got hurt and was lost for the season. You give Bulger a talented wr core like he had in the past and I think the guy can be very productive. Funny thing is we have that core here in Pittsburgh now.

His WRs werent that bad , his line was fresh off the Pee-Wee field. They couldnt protect jack ish !!!!!

WilleStargellParker
04-07-2010, 05:55 PM
His WRs werent that bad , his line was fresh off the Pee-Wee field. They couldnt protect jack ish !!!!!
Actually probably a combination of both. As for the wrs heck we all know the problem with rookie wrs is they take a year or two to get there routes down.. Not to mention his all seemed to have injury problems. Not to mention the mediocre te's he had.

SteelerFanInStl
04-07-2010, 10:42 PM

Bulger "beat out" an INJURED Kurt Warner. Warner's broken hand hadn't healed properly and he couldn't hold onto the ball.

JPbucco
04-07-2010, 10:44 PM
because that's what two year contracts are for

Most of the minor free agent contracts are 2 year deals. None of the money is guaranteed.

Watch football.

xbroughneck
04-08-2010, 02:06 PM
Bulger "beat out" an INJURED Kurt Warner. Warner's broken hand hadn't healed properly and he couldn't hold onto the ball.

Sssshh. Let's pretend we didn't know that.

Psyychoward86
04-08-2010, 05:51 PM
Lol, has anyone other than myself and one other person realized that Schefter said he "believes" Bulger "could" be going to Arizona or Pittsburgh?

/close_thread