PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh Steelers draft digest: Top running back LaGarrette Blount to visit

mesaSteeler
04-05-2010, 08:48 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers draft digest: Top running back LaGarrette Blount to visit
April 5, 9:08 AMPittsburgh Sports Examiner
Matt Pawlikowski
http://www.examiner.com/x-2703-Pittsburgh-Sports-Examiner~y2010m4d5-Pittsburgh-Steelers-draft-digest-Top-running-back-LaGarrette-Blount-to-visit

With Willie Parker now signed by the Redskins, the Steelers will need another back to compliment Rashard Mendenhall. Another player a league source has confirmed the Steelers have scheduled a visit following the Easter weekend is LaGarrette Blounti.

Blount, who is 6-0, 238 pounds reminds many of Brandon Jacons with his ability to run over people.

Yet despite that fact, Blount is being projected as a third to fifth round pick, Thats because there are characer concerns.

Blount is best remembered for an on-field incident where he punched a Boise State player and was suspened from the team. He was reinstated for the final month of the season. He did muster

But his junior season, Blount's first after a stellar Junior College career, he had one of the more prolific season's in PAC ten history. He became the 13th different player in school history to surpass 1,000 yards rushing, finishing with 1,002 and a school record for most rushing touchdowns in one season (17), his 7.3 yards per carry average shattered the school mark among 1,000-yard rushers.

Blount was timed an between 4.47 and 4.55 seconds in the 40-yard dash at his campus Pro Day workout.

Galax Steeler
04-06-2010, 04:08 AM
I believe this would be a pretty good pick up if we could get him somewhere around the 4th. That would be a good combo Mendenhall and Blount.

SteelerFanInStl
04-06-2010, 09:22 AM
He could be a good pick for a power back later in the draft.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-06-2010, 03:57 PM
I think he is gonna be gone in the 3rd. He's big, runs with decent forward lean and has a little wiggle to his game. I would love if he was a Steeler, but not sure its gonna happen.

As for the issue of the punch.......look back at what Kemoeatu did in college and you will see that Blount is mild mannered in comparison.

Psyychoward86
04-06-2010, 05:55 PM
I think he is gonna be gone in the 3rd. He's big, runs with decent forward lean and has a little wiggle to his game. I would love if he was a Steeler, but not sure its gonna happen.

As for the issue of the punch.......look back at what Kemoeatu did in college and you will see that Blount is mild mannered in comparison.

what happened

MasterOfPuppets
04-06-2010, 08:09 PM
what happened

he raped thier kicker in the shower after practice...:noidea:

fansince'76
04-06-2010, 08:18 PM
Blount, who is 6-0, 238 pounds reminds many of Brandon Jacons with his ability to run over people.

Who the hell is Brandon "Jacons?" Typical Pawlikowski piece.