PDA

View Full Version : Mocking It Up

Dylan
04-05-2010, 11:26 PM
1. Kyle Wilson/CB/Boise State
I believe that the Steelers will go Corner here because in my opinion it is the most glaring need. With the resigning of Ryan Clark I don't see the Steelers drafting Earl Thomas here in the first round. Kyle Wilson is a game changer the Steelers have been lacking at corner.
2. Jon Asamoah/OG/Illinois
With their second pick the Steelers will address their RG issue. Trai Essex is not a capable guard and I don't know if Urbik is the answer. Asamoah will be able to come in and start on day one.
3. Kam Chancellor/Safety/Virginia Tech
From what I've heard Tomlin likes him. I mean really likes him. Chancellor reminds me of Ryan Clark and now would be the perfect time to grab a safety to gain depth, but to also replace Clark in the future. Hopefully this works out better than Anthony Smith.
4. Jermaine Cunningham/DE/Florida
Might be taken before this, but his stock has been dropping, so the Steelers grab him here to improve an aging line and provide depth.
5a. LeGarrette Blount/RB/Oregon
Despite his attitude issues, I like Blount. I believe that Chip Kelly straightened him out and that he is out to prove himself to the world. He would be a nice complement to Mendenhall.
5b. Cameron Sheffield/OLB/Troy
Sheffield would be a nice pick here as a situational pass rusher, but also will provide depth to an aging linebacking corps.
5c. Vince Oghobasse/DT/Duke
If there is anyone that I hope the Steelers get, it would have to be this guy. He has great size and is quick. He was averaging around 7 tackles per game which was the most out of any defensive tackle in the country before he got hurt.
6. Eric Olsen/C/Notre Dame
Olsen, would be a nice pickup here and will have a very good chance to crack the roster. Unlike AQ Shipley he has the size. In addition to that he has a mean streak and is always looking to drive his defender to the ground. His specialty is run blocking which would come in handy to improve the running game.
7a. John Connor/FB/Kentucky
I believe management will draft a fullback to at least compete with Frank Summers. It has been made very clear that we want to get back to our smash mouth football way. Connor is the best run blocking Fullback in this years draft class.
7b. Will Barker/OT/Virginia
This pick is mostly a developmental pick. He has great size and durability, but everything else is a mystery.Maybe with some coaching he can develop into at least a capable backup.

Tell me what you think

Galax Steeler
04-06-2010, 05:24 AM
That is not bad I just don't think Blount will be around in the 5th if we want him I would say it will be in the 4th. Nice job.

Steely McSmash
04-06-2010, 12:38 PM
Decent draft.

IMO ILB and OLB are pretty close to top priorities. OLB needs depth and takes a year to learn. ILB we probably need to replace Farrior next year or so. Bringing a guy in this year to learn the system seems like a good idea.

Your Oghobase pick is probably close to what the team will do at NT, try to find some diamond in the rough since Casey is signed for 3 more.

I'n not sure that you'll see OG and CB since we saw both positions picked in the top 3 rounds last year as well. Of course we have no idea if Urbik and Lewis are going to make it.

jollyrob68
04-06-2010, 01:13 PM
I like Kam and think he could be a good ILB or Safety because he's a in box hitter. Asamoah can also play center so skip Olsen and grad another LB or Safety.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-06-2010, 01:27 PM
I believe that the Steelers will go Corner here because in my opinion it is the most glaring need. With the resigning of Ryan Clark I don't see the Steelers drafting Earl Thomas here in the first round. Kyle Wilson is a game changer the Steelers have been lacking at corner.
With their second pick the Steelers will address their RG issue. Trai Essex is not a capable guard and I don't know if Urbik is the answer. Asamoah will be able to come in and start on day one.
From what I've heard Tomlin likes him. I mean really likes him. Chancellor reminds me of Ryan Clark and now would be the perfect time to grab a safety to gain depth, but to also replace Clark in the future. Hopefully this works out better than Anthony Smith.
Might be taken before this, but his stock has been dropping, so the Steelers grab him here to improve an aging line and provide depth.
Despite his attitude issues, I like Blount. I believe that Chip Kelly straightened him out and that he is out to prove himself to the world. He would be a nice complement to Mendenhall.
Sheffield would be a nice pick here as a situational pass rusher, but also will provide depth to an aging linebacking corps.
If there is anyone that I hope the Steelers get, it would have to be this guy. He has great size and is quick. He was averaging around 7 tackles per game which was the most out of any defensive tackle in the country before he got hurt.
Olsen, would be a nice pickup here and will have a very good chance to crack the roster. Unlike AQ Shipley he has the size. In addition to that he has a mean streak and is always looking to drive his defender to the ground. His specialty is run blocking which would come in handy to improve the running game.
I believe management will draft a fullback to at least compete with Frank Summers. It has been made very clear that we want to get back to our smash mouth football way. Connor is the best run blocking Fullback in this years draft class.
This pick is mostly a developmental pick. He has great size and durability, but everything else is a mystery.Maybe with some coaching he can develop into at least a capable backup.

Tell me what you think

That is actually a VERY good draft.

1)Kyle Wilson is definiatley a possibility with the first pick...

2)Jon AsamoahI have got to watch Asamoah several times this year and cant say that I am a HUGE fan and might lean towards one of the second round Tackels like Verdheer or Saffold ...BUT Asamoah has some experience at center which gives him some added value.

3) Kam Chancellor...I understand the Chancellor pick and understand that Tomlin likes him...I actually
like Major Wright and Myron Lewis better as 3rd round picks. But that would be me assuming that I am a better judge of talent than Tomlin...and that attitude will always make me look .....stupid.:chuckle:

4) Jermain Cunningham weighed in at 266 lbs...which would make him a little light to play DE for us. I think he is going to be more of a 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB...and he might go as early as the end of the 2nd round. I would suggest C.J. Wilson as a possible 4th roun DE.

5) Legarrett Blount-Running Back/Cameron Sheffield- OLB/ Vince Oghobasse-DT Solid picks though I think that Oghobasse's stock is dropping and you might be able to get him later. I think he might project as a 3-4 DE at 6'5 305 lbs, Sheffield and Blount are two players that I have rated as good value on my draft board. Blount my be drafted earlier but if he is here he would be a heck of a pickup.

6) I have Eric Olsen on my last 7 round draft...Switch his position with that of Oghobasse and I think you get a better round for value matchup.

7) John Connor-FB/ Will Barker-OT- round 7 is usually for the developmental players... Barker & Connor would fall into that category.

Aussie_steeler
04-06-2010, 05:25 PM
That is actually a VERY good draft.

1)Kyle Wilson is definiatley a possibility with the first pick...

2)Jon AsamoahI have got to watch Asamoah several times this year and cant say that I am a HUGE fan and might lean towards one of the second round Tackels like Verdheer or Saffold ...BUT Asamoah has some experience at center which gives him some added value.

3) Kam Chancellor...I understand the Chancellor pick and understand that Tomlin likes him...I actually
like Major Wright and Myron Lewis better as 3rd round picks. But that would be me assuming that I am a better judge of talent than Tomlin...and that attitude will always make me look .....stupid.:chuckle:

4) Jermain Cunningham weighed in at 266 lbs...which would make him a little light to play DE for us. I think he is going to be more of a 4-3 DE or 3-4 OLB...and he might go as early as the end of the 2nd round. I would suggest C.J. Wilson as a possible 4th roun DE.

5) Legarrett Blount-Running Back/Cameron Sheffield- OLB/ Vince Oghobasse-DT Solid picks though I think that Oghobasse's stock is dropping and you might be able to get him later. I think he might project as a 3-4 DE at 6'5 305 lbs, Sheffield and Blount are two players that I have rated as good value on my draft board. Blount my be drafted earlier but if he is here he would be a heck of a pickup.

6) I have Eric Olsen on my last 7 round draft...Switch his position with that of Oghobasse and I think you get a better round for value matchup.

7) John Connor-FB/ Will Barker-OT- round 7 is usually for the developmental players... Barker & Connor would fall into that category.

I too like many aspects of this draft. The first 4 picks I can see the reasoning, need and correct value for each.:thumbsup:

Oghobasse is an absolute enigma to me at this stage. Former first round potential last year to late round if lucky now. I just dont know what is going on there.:noidea:

Good work Dylan

St33lersguy
04-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Where is an ILB?

pancake
04-07-2010, 05:23 AM

Tell me what you think

Change the 4th round to an ILB and it would be great. I don't think Spikes slides that far, but that would be nice.

Overall, I would be fine with your picks. :tt02:

pete74
04-07-2010, 05:35 AM
i know alot of people dont like spikes because of his proday stats but if we got him in the 3rd or 4th round i would be extremly happy. nobody can deny what he did on the field and before that bad run he was a 1st rounder