PDA

View Full Version : Here's Your Chance to Rate the POTUS: Obama

stlrtruck
04-06-2010, 10:36 AM
Rate the President for CBS News!
Here is your chance.
Everyone should get a shot at this. Takes all of fifteen seconds and that is if you take a look at his current stats.

First, it's hard to believe that CBS is actually doing this.

Second, that they're brave, and honest enough to actually show the ongoing polling results.
Take the poll yourself and when you submit your grading of how he is handling the top issues, a second page will come up showing you the current results of how America is voting. Please note, this isn't Fox doing this. This is mostly people who watch CBS. That's telling.

This is a CBS poll on Obama's first year performance....

Here's your chance to grade the President!
Please forward this to your Friends !!!!

http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2010/01/19/politics/politicalhotsheet/entry6116297.shtml?tag=

He isn't doing to well.

MACH1
04-06-2010, 10:58 AM
So far the F's are winning. :toofunny:

One and done!

Indo
04-06-2010, 02:39 PM
So far the F's are winning. :toofunny:

One and done!

IF he even makes it all the way thru one

Steel_12
04-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Funny...first it was cool to love him, now it's cool to hate him. Good ol America, land of the followers!

stlrtruck
04-06-2010, 03:01 PM
Funny...first it was cool to love him, now it's cool to hate him. Good ol America, land of the followers!

The funny part is that it's his own followers that are turning on him. Those he didn't vote for him in the first place still don't like him, still don't want him, and are waiting for 2012 to turn things over (unless as mentioned he doesn't make it).

Borski
04-06-2010, 03:24 PM
IF he even makes it all the way thru one

The funny part is that it's his own followers that are turning on him. Those he didn't vote for him in the first place still don't like him, still don't want him, and are waiting for 2012 to turn things over (unless as mentioned he doesn't make it).

I'm not a fan of the guy at all but I sure hope that doesn't happen, please don't even joke about it.

Venom
04-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Must if ran out of Kool - Aid :popcorn:

smokin3000gt
04-06-2010, 04:51 PM

It makes more sense to me that 'followers' don't approve anymore because the promises that he campaigned so heavily on have all been broken in a record amount of time. The only thing he has held true to was HCR but the way he got it through was not what people voted him in for.

HometownGal
04-07-2010, 05:56 AM
I had to vote fairly and didn't give him all F's - I gave him a C in one category and a D in another. :chuckle:

Still all F's as I type this.

:wave: Obaaaaaama in 2012.

GoSlash27
04-07-2010, 06:12 AM
HTG,
Same here. In fact, he even got a couple Bs out of me. But mainly his first year was a bucket of fail IMO.

stlrtruck
04-07-2010, 10:38 AM
[/B]

I'm not a fan of the guy at all but I sure hope that doesn't happen, please don't even joke about it.

I wasn't joking about him being shot but more along the lines of being ousted from the office - IMPEACHED!

While I may not like the man in office, I would never joke about him being assinated. It's not my kind of humor...now him being impeached, that's funny!

Indo
04-07-2010, 11:09 AM
I wasn't joking about him being shot but more along the lines of being ousted from the office - IMPEACHED!

While I may not like the man in office, I would never joke about him being assinated. It's not my kind of humor...now him being impeached, that's funny!

And I, too, was talking about impeachment ---and NOT joking

Prior to the Healthscare reform there was a Senator (can't remember who) that was saying that if he pushed this thing through some may start proceedings for his impeachment (wish I could remember who it was). It makes one wonder if there is talk in the back rooms of the Capitol Building regarding his impeachment...

I'm not crazy about the guy as POTUS, but I would never condone assassination

SteelCityMom
04-07-2010, 11:26 AM

This happened with Bush as well....both terms actually. We've become (or should I say have been for quite some time) a country that likes to put the blame on one person and then let it go from there. That's why nothing is getting fixed in this country. People think that bringing in a new Pres will fix everything, when really it's the people in Congress and Senate who need to be focused on.

MACH1
04-07-2010, 11:39 AM
This happened with Bush as well....both terms actually. We've become (or should I say have been for quite some time) a country that likes to put the blame on one person and then let it go from there. That's why nothing is getting fixed in this country. People think that bringing in a new Pres will fix everything, when really it's the people in Congress and Senate who need to be focused on.

Uhhhh.....It takes someone to sign them into law. Making who ever signs directly responsible.

They don't call it obaaamacare for nothing.

SteelCityMom
04-07-2010, 11:48 AM
Uhhhh.....It takes someone to sign them into law. Making who ever signs directly responsible.

They don't call it obaaamacare for nothing.

Who voted it through for the Pres to sign? He didn't just mandate from up on high you know.

I am with you that I don't agree with Obama on many things at all, but Congress and Senate hold the majority of the blame since they have majority decision on what laws will pass and what laws won't pass. If people really want to change things, this is where to start.

WH
04-07-2010, 11:52 AM
YAY! 2012! When the US gets to turn it over from a Turd Sandwich to a Giant Douche! Whooooo! U.S.A.! U.S.A.!

Question for the folks that hate Obaaaaaaaaama: Who would you like to see replace him? and why?
You can't trust these results anymore than the ballot box stuffing for the NFL ProBowl. Right now I think Revs and Mach1 have voted at least 4000 times. (they are mostly accurate i'm sure, but I had to make the joke)

stlrtruck
04-07-2010, 11:55 AM

AMEN SISTER!!!! :thumbsup:

steelax04
04-07-2010, 11:55 AM
Who voted it through for the Pres to sign? He didn't just mandate from up on high you know.

There was nothing stopping him from pulling the veto card...

It's like when you get your taxes prepared by someone. They may have done the work, but you sign your name and you are responsible if there are mistakes. They are your taxes, just like this is his healthcare bill.

However, he did not create the content of the bill, he just OK'd it. The quality of the content is related to the quality in Congress and Senate, which, I agree, needs to be improved.

SteelCityMom
04-07-2010, 11:57 AM

It's like when you get your taxes prepared by someone. They may have done the work, but you sign your name and you are responsible if there are mistakes. They are your taxes, just like this is his healthcare bill.

Of course there was nothing stopping him from pulling the veto card on his own idea lol. Everybody knew that this was something he wanted to do, and the majority voted him in anyway. Are you surprised that he didn't pull the veto card on the healthcare bill for some reason?

WH
04-07-2010, 11:57 AM

Are you trying to say that the American public is too narrow minded to extend blame past the President?

WH
04-07-2010, 12:01 PM
Of course there was nothing stopping him from pulling the veto card on his own idea lol. Everybody knew that this was something he wanted to do, and the majority voted him in anyway. Are you surprised that he didn't pull the veto card on the healthcare bill for some reason?

Not many people are, I'm sure alot of his supporters were surprised when he signed such a shit bill. You have to wonder, did he read all 2800 pages of that bill? I doubt it.

I've come around on the healthcare bill. I didn't want to pass judgement until I actually got to read more about it. But Yesterday I finally read all I could and....as you've all said ''it's a steaming pile of dog shiite''

SteelCityMom
04-07-2010, 12:12 PM
Not many people are, I'm sure alot of his supporters were surprised when he signed such a shit bill. You have to wonder, did he read all 2800 pages of that bill? I doubt it.

I've come around on the healthcare bill. I didn't want to pass judgement until I actually got to read more about it. But Yesterday I finally read all I could and....as you've all said ''it's a steaming pile of dog shiite''

Of course it's a steaming pile of dog shyte, but if anyone didn't know that this was what Obama wanted, then they weren't paying attention to his platform during the presidential race. If his supporters are surprised, it's their own fault.

Again, the majority of the blame falls on Congress (which is made up of the 435 representatives and 100 senators....more commonly known as the Legislative Branch of our government). The Legislative Branch writes the bills. When the bill is written they need a simple majority to make it a law. A bill has to go through the Congress to get to the President.

WH
04-07-2010, 12:20 PM
Of course it's a steaming pile of dog shyte, but if anyone didn't know that this was what Obama wanted, then they weren't paying attention to his platform during the presidential race. If his supporters are surprised, it's their own fault.

There were a million other BETTER ways that Obama could have achieved what he campaigned for in regards to Health Care.

SteelCityMom
04-07-2010, 12:34 PM
There were a million other BETTER ways that Obama could have achieved what he campaigned for in regards to Health Care.

I don't disagree with you on this. Again though, it wasn't Obama who wrote the bill or passed it through Congress. Accountability cannot lie with one person on this issue. That's the reason why our government was set up into 3 branches with each branch having the ability to perform checks and balances on the other.

IMHO, the only people to blame for this are the American voters (they are the ones who put the people who write the bills into Congress). People have become extremely lackadaisical in terms of who gets voted into any government position. Most only vote based on party lines or what they see on TV ad campaigns. Almost makes me wish for a time when people used to fight to the death over political beliefs. Nowadays, it's a struggle to even get people to go to the booths to vote.

fansince'76
04-07-2010, 12:41 PM
YAY! 2012! When the US gets to turn it over from a Turd Sandwich to a Giant Douche! Whooooo! U.S.A.! U.S.A.!

Question for the folks that hate Obaaaaaaaaama: Who would you like to see replace him? and why?
You can't trust these results anymore than the ballot box stuffing for the NFL ProBowl. Right now I think Revs and Mach1 have voted at least 4000 times. (they are mostly accurate i'm sure, but I had to make the joke)

IMO, the entire government is broken. Both parties have been hijacked by special interests and the wacko fringe elements of both the Right and the Left. The common folks' interests (which probably makes up more than 90% of the population and whose views by and large are middle of the road) are no longer represented. Haven't been for a while. Capitol Hill is overdue for an enema.

7SteelGal43
04-07-2010, 01:23 PM

Why even answer that question ? I doubt you'd give any answer given anything but ridicule. C'mon, man, be for real.

7SteelGal43
04-07-2010, 01:23 PM

ya think ?! :chuckle:

WH
04-07-2010, 02:14 PM
Why even answer that question ? I doubt you'd give any answer given anything but ridicule. C'mon, man, be for real.

You might have me confused for someone else.

It's an honest question. Really, who would you rather have there?

MACH1
04-07-2010, 02:45 PM

An actual steaming pile of crap could do a better job.

Orrin Hatch would be a good choice. But god forbid, he's a mormon, couldn't possibly be any worse than a closet marxist muslim.

ricardisimo
04-07-2010, 03:05 PM
I had to vote fairly and didn't give him all F's - I gave him a C in one category and a D in another. :chuckle:

Still all F's as I type this.

:wave: Obaaaaaama in 2012.

I also, out of a spirit of generosity and fairness, gave him two Ds and a C... Fs the rest of the way.

Nobody should be getting excited about him either being impeached or losing in 2014. The system is set up not only to exclude Third Parties, but also to favor heavily incumbency.

That said, I can't think of a group Obama hasn't thrown under the bus yet... other than major corporations, that is.

stlrtruck
04-07-2010, 03:10 PM

At this point, I'd rather someone who wasn't Democrat or Republican, but at the same point does it really matter if the House and Senate aren't revamped too?

Someone who is there to serve the people of this country, not illegal aliens, not captured terrorists, not elitists groups, not corporate giants, and definitely not waiver when it comes to outside threats. I want someone who understands through and through what it means to BE AMERICAN! I want to see a person, NO, new individuals in DC set this country back on course. Eliminate the outsourcing of jobs to other countries, and bring back the BUY AMERICAN slogans! Let's start taking care of our own before we start taking care of another country's people. Let's make America stand for something other than the joke it is becoming in the "global market"

steelax04
04-07-2010, 03:49 PM
Are you trying to say that the American public is too narrow minded to extend blame past the President?

Unfortunately, this may be true. If big legislation fails, it's usually the President or their "administration" that failed... and the same when something is successful. No one ever says "wow, that 111th Congress sure did a bang-up job on [insert major legislation here]!" Maybe that's just the way the media reports it, but it's probably the general sentiment of much of the American people.

While I understand and do feel that the legislators really fubar'd the content of the bill, ultimately Obama signed it into law. It also seemed as if he was more concerned about getting a healthcare bill passed just for the sake of passing it. If that is really the case, then I think he shares even more of the responsibility.

steelax04
04-07-2010, 03:58 PM
IMHO, the only people to blame for this are the American voters (they are the ones who put the people who write the bills into Congress). People have become extremely lackadaisical in terms of who gets voted into any government position. Most only vote based on party lines or what they see on TV ad campaigns. Almost makes me wish for a time when people used to fight to the death over political beliefs. Nowadays, it's a struggle to even get people to go to the booths to vote.

I can't argue against that. If voters were making a better educated "guess" we probably wouldn't be in this mess.

Indo
04-07-2010, 04:08 PM
Some interesting thoughts----an email I received.....

I'm 63 and I'm Tired
http://thumbp4.mail.vip.ac4.yahoo.com/tn?sid=1008733353&mid=ABAmvs4AAGDpS7i52w2MXzWKFAs&midoffset=1_46658&partid=1.2.2&f=500&fid=Inbox

Iím 63 and Iím Tired"

by Robert A. Hall

I'm 63. Except for one semester in college when jobs were scarce and a six-month period when I was between jobs, but job-hunting every day, I've worked, hard, since I was 18. Despite some health challenges, I still put in 50-hour weeks, and haven't called in sick in seven or eight years. I make a good salary, but I didn't inherit my job or my income, and I worked to get where I am. Given the economy, there's no retirement in sight, and I'm tired. Very tired.

I'm tired of being told that I have to "spread the wealth" to people who don't have my work ethic. I'm tired of being told the government will take the money I earned, by force if necessary, and give it to people too lazy to earn it.

I'm tired of being told that I have to pay more taxes to "keep people in their homes." Sure, if they lost their jobs or got sick, I'm willing to help. But if they bought McMansions at three times the price of our paid-off, $250,000 condo, on one-third of my salary, then let the left-wing Congress-critters who passed Fannie and Freddie and the Community Reinvestment Act that created the bubble help them with their own money.

I'm tired of being told how bad America is by left-wing millionaires like Michael Moore, George Soros and Hollywood Entertainers who live in luxury because of the opportunities America offers. In thirty years, if they get their way, the United States will have the economy of Zimbabwe , the freedom of the press of China , the crime and violence of Mexico , the tolerance for Christian people of Iran , and the freedom of speech of Venezuela .

I'm tired of being told that Islam is a "Religion of Peace," when every day I can read dozens of stories of Muslim men killing their sisters, wives and daughters for their family "honor"; of Muslims rioting over some slight offense; of Muslims murdering Christian and Jews because they aren't "believers"; of Muslims burning schools for girls; of Muslims stoning teenage rape victims to death for "adultery"; of Muslims mutilating the genitals of little girls; all in the name of Allah, because the Qur'an and Shari'a law tells them to.

I'm tired of being told that "race doesn't matter" in the post-racial world of Obama, when it's all that matters in affirmative action jobs, lower college admission and graduation standards for minorities (harming them the most), government contract set-asides, tolerance for the ghetto culture of violence and fatherless children that hurts minorities more than anyone, and in the appointment of U.S. Senators from Illinois.

I think it's very cool that we have a black president and that a black child is doing her homework at the desk where Lincoln wrote the Emancipation Proclamation. I just wish the black president was Condi Rice, or someone who believes more in freedom and the individual and less arrogantly of an all-knowing government.

I'm tired of a news media that thinks Bush's fundraising and inaugural expenses were obscene, but that think Obama's, at triple the cost, were wonderful; that thinks Bush exercising daily was a waste of presidential time, but Obama exercising is a great example for the public to control weight and stress; that picked over every line of Bush's military records, but never demanded that Kerry release his; that slammed Palin, with two years as governor, for being too inexperienced for VP, but touted Obama with three years as senator as potentially the best president ever. Wonder why people are dropping their subscriptions or switching to Fox News? Get a clue. I didn't vote for Bush in 2000, but the media and Kerry drove me to his camp in 2004.

I'm tired of being told that out of "tolerance for other cultures" we must let Saudi Arabia use our oil money to fund mosques and madrassa Islamic schools to preach hate in America , while no American group is allowed to fund a church, synagogue or religious school in Saudi Arabia to teach love and tolerance.

I'm tired of being told I must lower my living standard to fight global warming, which no one is allowed to debate. My wife and I live in a two-bedroom apartment and carpool together five miles to our jobs. We also own a three-bedroom condo where our daughter and granddaughter live. Our carbon footprint is about 5% of Al Gore's, and if you're greener than Gore, you're green enough.

I'm tired of being told that drug add]cts have a disease, and I must help support and treat them, and pay for the damage they do. Did a giant germ rush out of a dark alley, grab them, and stuff white powder up their noses while they tried to fight it off? I don't think Gay people choose to be Gay, but I damn sure think druggies chose to take drugs. And I'm tired of harassment from cool people treating me like a freak when I tell them I never tried marijuana.

I'm tired of illegal aliens being called "undocumented workers," especially the ones who aren't working, but are living on welfare or crime. What's next? Calling drug dealers, "Undocumented Pharmacists"? And, no, I'm not against Hispanics. Most of them are Catholic, and it's been a few hundred years since Catholics wanted to kill me for my religion. I'm willing to fast track for citizenship any Hispanic person, who can speak English, doesn't have a criminal record and who is self-supporting without family on welfare, or who serves honorably for three years in our military.... Those are the citizens we need.

I'm tired of latte liberals and journalists, who would never wear the uniform of the Republic themselves, or let their entitlement-handicapped kids near a recruiting station, trashing our military. They and their kids can sit at home, never having to make split-second decisions under life and death circumstances, and bad mouth better people than themselves. Do bad things happen in war? You bet. Do our troops sometimes misbehave? Sure. Does this compare with the atrocities that were the policy of our enemies for the last fifty years and still are? Not even close. So here's the deal. I'll let myself be subjected to all the humiliation and abuse that was heaped on terrorists at Abu Ghraib or Gitmo, and the critics can let themselves be subject to captivity by the Muslims, who tortured and beheaded Daniel Pearl in Pakistan, or the Muslims who tortured and murdered Marine Lt. Col. William Higgins in Lebanon, or the Muslims who ran the blood-spattered Al Qaeda torture rooms our troops found in Iraq, or the Muslims who cut off the heads of schoolgirls in Indonesia, because the girls were Christian. Then we'll compare notes. British and American soldiers are the only troops in history that civilians came to for help and handouts, instead of hiding from in fear.

I'm tired of people telling me that their party has a corner on virtue and the other party has a corner on corruption. Read the papers; bums are bipartisan. And I'm tired of people telling me we need bipartisanship. I live in Illinois , where the "Illinois Combine" of Democrats has worked to loot the public for years. Not to mention the tax cheats in Obama's cabinet.

I'm tired of hearing wealthy athletes, entertainers and politicians of both parties talking about innocent mistakes, stupid mistakes or youthful mistakes, when we all know they think their only mistake was getting caught. I'm tired of people with a sense of entitlement, rich or poor.

Speaking of poor, I'm tired of hearing people with air-conditioned homes, color TVs and two cars called poor. The majority of Americans didn't have that in 1970, but we didn't know we were "poor." The poverty pimps have to keep changing the definition of poor to keep the dollars flowing.

I'm real tired of people who don't take responsibility for their lives and actions. I'm tired of hearing them blame the government, or discrimination or big-whatever for their problems.

Yes, I'm damn tired. But I'm also glad to be 63. Because, mostly, I'm not going to have to see the world these people are making. I'm just sorry for my granddaughter.

Robert A. Hall is a Marine Vietnam veteran who served five terms in the Massachusetts State Senate.

SteelCityMom
04-07-2010, 04:19 PM

For the most part? Yes. I'm not saying that everyone is, but consider this, most people in this country don't even go out and vote for anything other than president...and not even all people do that (it might have gone up above 50% for Obama's elections, but last I knew the voter turn out was somewhere around 44%, just for presidential elections...it's much smaller for local elections). That, IMO, is very narrow minded.

GoSlash27
04-07-2010, 04:21 PM
First off, I don't "hate" him. I disagree with his philosophy and methods, and I disapprove of the job he has done. But to answer your question, I would rather see Rep. Ron Paul (R-TX) replace him. Why? Because the Constitution actually matters to him. Because he's one of the very few truly honest people left in Washington. Because he warned us about all the problems they created up there in Washington for us and is the only guy who's being frank about what needs to be done to fix it.

So he would be my first choice.

ricardisimo
04-07-2010, 04:31 PM

Nader, McKinney... I'd even vote for Ron Paul if he were the non-Republicrat option.