PDA

View Full Version : rank this lurker's mock

tony hipchest
04-06-2010, 11:47 PM
i got a pm from a member since 2008 who hasnt posted and appearantly is having trouble with it.
Hey, I came here to get the opinions of Steelers fans who actually know what they are talking about.
For some reason I can't post a thread on here. I would really appreciate if you could make one for me.

I am trying to create a Steelers seven round mock draft. Here is what I have so far:

1st-Kyle Wilson, CB
2nd-J.D. Walton, C
3rd-Cam Thomas, NT
4th-Brandon Spikes, ILB
5th-C.J. Wilson, DE
5th-Brandon Sharpe, OLB
5th-Ciron Black, OT
6th-Nate Byham, TE
7th-Keith Totson, HB
7th-Justin Woodall, S

If you could post this mock in the war room section I could see the user's feedback and make the necessary adjustments.

Thanks.
i would say he came to the right place for insight, and didnt do too bad of a job.

fansince'76
04-06-2010, 11:56 PM
Doesn't look like he's fully registered. His profile in vBulletin still shows as "awaiting Email confirmation," so he should have an automated confirmation Email from Steelers Fever at the following Email address asking him to verify his registration: MrFootball27@aol.com

Once he clicks on the link in the Email, he should be able to post.

However, AllDaWay, please PM me if you no longer use that Email address or the Email is not in that mailbox and I will ask the site owner to regenerate it.

tony hipchest
04-07-2010, 12:10 AM
thanks fansince. he must not read the boards too frequently, cause i dont think he even knew who the mods were. he stated he pm'd me cause of my post count, and i never really noticed but, the only thing that designates you and HTG as mods on the main page is the blue lettering.

you guys deserve banners or something on the main forum page. :noidea:

pancake
04-07-2010, 04:10 AM
Nice mock, but I don's see Spikes lasting to the 4th rd.

Aussie_steeler
04-07-2010, 04:28 AM
Wilson, Thomas, Spikes, Bynham, Black and Woodall are all picks that I like and would each be a good fit in Black and Gold.

Walton is better value in the 3rd

CJ Wilson looks to be a pure 4-3 DE

Brandon Sharpe is more like a UDFA prospect.

Flip Thomas and Walton picks and I would give it a 7 out of 10.

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Flip Thomas and Walton picks and I would give it a 7 out of 10.

That is what I was thinking. I also don't think that Spikes lasts to the 4th, but then again, I never saw Duke Robinson going in the 5th last year. Maybe Norwood or Johnson in the 4th?

I like the late round value of Ciron Black. I may be in the minority, but think that he will be a solid RT.....but definately cant play on the left side.

Steely McSmash
04-07-2010, 11:11 AM
No major objections with the picks made.

I'd like to see a DB higher than a 7th rd safety. I think we have roster room to carry a corner since Ratliff and Townsend aren't on the team ATM.

If you pick a safety they'll battle with Mundy for the #4 spot or get a redshirt year. CB gets a spot to lose the way the roster is right now.

AllDaWay
04-09-2010, 02:33 PM
Hey, this is the lurker, lol.

Thanks to Tony for posting my pm and to all who made suggestions.

It was said that if I flipped Thomas and Walton this mock would be a 7 out of 10, well, what do I have to do to make it a 10 out of 10? or at least close to it.

After reading all of the suggestions I changed it up a little bit. Dont compliment, bash, I want perfection. I know a single mock most likely will never be able to please everyone because of different opinions, but Id like to try.

Kyle Wilson, CB
Cam Thomas, NT
J.D. Walton, C
Eric Norwood, OLB
Mike Neal, DE
Micah Johnson, ILB
Ciron Black, OT
Nate Byham, TE
Keith Totson, HB
Justin Woodall, S

jollyrob68
04-09-2010, 02:46 PM
Hey, this is the lurker, lol.

Thanks to Tony for posting my pm and to all who made suggestions.

It was said that if I flipped Thomas and Walton this mock would be a 7 out of 10, well, what do I have to do to make it a 10 out of 10? or at least close to it.

After reading all of the suggestions I changed it up a little bit. Dont compliment, bash, I want perfection. I know a single mock most likely will never be able to please everyone because of different opinions, but Id like to try.

Kyle Wilson, CB
Cam Thomas, NT
J.D. Walton, C
Eric Norwood, OLB
Mike Neal, DE
Micah Johnson, ILB
Ciron Black, OT
Nate Byham, TE
Keith Totson, HB
Justin Woodall, S

Ok, Taddeous Gibbson 3rd, Kam chancellor 4th, Anthony Dixon5th,Micah Johnson 5th,JD Walton 5th, John Coner 6st,Nate Byham 7tht, Ciron Black or Ed Wang7th,

AllDaWay
04-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Ok, Taddeous Gibbson 3rd, Kam chancellor 4th, Anthony Dixon5th,Micah Johnson 5th,JD Walton 5th, John Coner 6st,Nate Byham 7tht, Ciron Black or Ed Wang7th,

Im really not a big Kam Chancellor fan. Hes a huge liability in coverage. J.D. Walton in the fifth is a little low. Walterfootball.com, has a 2-3 round range on him and ranked as the 2nd best center.

jollyrob68
04-09-2010, 02:59 PM
Im really not a big Kam Chancellor fan. Hes a huge liability in coverage. J.D. Walton in the fifth is a little low. Walterfootball.com, has a 2-3 round range on him and ranked as the 2nd best center.

That ranking has changed at draftspot.comCENTERS (8)

ROUND 1
Maurkice Pouncey, 6-4, 304, Florida*

ROUND 2
None

ROUND 3
Eric Olsen, 6-4, 306, Notre Dame

ROUND 4
J.D. Walton, 6-3, 300, Baylor
Thomas Austin, 6-3, 315, Clemson

ROUND 5
Ted Larsen, 6-2, 300, North Carolina State

ROUND 6
Kevin Mathews, 6-4, 310, Texas A&M
Matt Tennant, 6-4, 295, Boston College

ROUND 7
Eric Cook, 6-6, 315, New Mexico
I'd prefer to go with Pouncey in the 1st and a CB in the 2nd.

AllDaWay
04-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Thanks to anyone who made suggestions, I really appreciate it.

I needed your opinions to create this article/slideshow on bleacher report:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/376110-2010-pittsburgh-steelers-mock-draft-time-to-ride-a-new-bus

Thanks again.

tony hipchest
04-09-2010, 08:09 PM
your welcome and good job w/ the slideshow.. :thumbsup:

if we dont land wilson, haden, or thomas at #18 we are gonna have on hell of a "best player available" staring us in the eye.

pat kirwan has spikes ranked as a 2nd rounder. gil brandt says that is too high and he is a 3rd rounder who should play in a 4-3, and who most likely wont be an every down player. :hunch:

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-10-2010, 10:59 AM

ROUND 1

ROUND 2
None

ROUND 3

ROUND 4

ROUND 5

ROUND 6

ROUND 7

That ranking looks like a lot of bunk to me.

If Matt Tennant goes in the 6th round, I'll eat Tony's hat(No, not the sombrero).....and where is John Estes from Hawaii on the rankings?? I wouldnt take much stock in that.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-10-2010, 11:32 AM

ROUND 1

ROUND 2
None

ROUND 3

ROUND 4

ROUND 5

ROUND 6

ROUND 7

Yikes!!!!

those rankings are terrible!!!!

Here is nfldraftscouts rankings:

Markice Pouncey- 1st/2nd Rounder
Matt Tennant- 2nd/3rd Rounder
JD Walton- 3rd Rounder
Eric Olsen-4th/5th Rounder
Ted Larson-5th/6th Rounder
John Estes-6th/th Rounder
Joe Hawley- 7th Rounder

Here is ProFootballWeekly's rankings

Maurkice Pouncey-1st Rounder