PDA

View Full Version : Will you accept me?

IrishSteeler
04-08-2010, 04:04 PM
So heres the story
I am a teenager living in Ireland
My family lived in Cleveland for 2 years about 15 years ago
but that was before I was born
Therefore,all my family are big Browns,Cavs,Indians,Ohio State and Gladiators(arena football) supporters including me
However, I am going to a boarding school in Pittsburgh,PA and I love the idea of supporting the team in my city

So i am asking you will it be alright with Steeler fans that I become a Pittsburgh fan?
Is it ok that I continue to support the Cavs and Gladiators?
What is the most popular NCAA team in Pittsburgh-Pitt,West Virginia,Penn State,Ohio State?
Is it alright if I dont hate the Browns?

NJarhead
04-08-2010, 04:11 PM
Sure. If it makes you feel better, it's very difficult to hate the Browns these days. It's like hating a handicapped kid.

SMR
04-08-2010, 05:34 PM
Sure. If it makes you feel better, it's very difficult to hate the Browns these days. It's like hating a handicapped kid.

LOL! Well put!

Nadroj 20
04-08-2010, 06:13 PM
First off welcome to the board :thumbsup:

Now to answer your question, I have no problem with you not hating the Browns. I dont hate the Browns, i dont like them, but i have no reason to HATE them. So that is cool and its cool to have a new Steelers fan!!!

BigBen'sSwagger
04-08-2010, 09:38 PM
Look as long as you are a Steeler fan that's all that matters to me. I don't care what other team you pull for because to me it's all about the Steelers!!! Stick around and enjoy the board.

Wingmeister07
04-09-2010, 12:56 AM
Welcome :wave:

smokin3000gt
04-09-2010, 02:02 AM
I'm still thinking...

Galax Steeler
04-09-2010, 04:25 AM
Welcome to the board.

steelerdude15
04-09-2010, 10:55 AM
Welcome! Please, join us in being fans for the best team in the NFL! Start loving the Pens and Buccos too! Pitt would be the best to go for, nothing wrong with the Cavs, great team.

SteelersMongol
04-09-2010, 11:25 AM
Welcome & enjoy.

KeiselPower99
04-09-2010, 08:09 PM
I will welcome ya to the Fever!!!

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-10-2010, 10:49 AM
So heres the story
Therefore,all my family are big Browns,Cavs,Indians,Ohio State and Gladiators(arena football) supporters including me
However, I am going to a boarding school in Pittsburgh,PA and I love the idea of supporting the team in my city

So i am asking you will it be alright with Steeler fans that I become a Pittsburgh fan?
What is the most popular NCAA team in Pittsburgh-Pitt,West Virginia,Penn State,Ohio State?

Welcome Irish Steeler!!!!

Hope you enjoy the site....as a yank with just a bit of Irish heritage, let me be the first to tell you....sláinte!!!! and Éirinn go Brách!!!!

xfl2001fan
04-10-2010, 11:02 AM
So heres the story

Anybody who tries to tell you that you can/can't root for a certain team is an idiot...and their opinion is automatically invalid. I'm an e-resident all-Cleveland fan...and I'm (mostly) well respected here. Don't be an asshat, and you'll get the same.

Penn State is probably the biggest NCAA team to root for...but you'll get enough of the other teams (WVU, OSU, Pitt) that you should be fine with any of it.

Personally, I don't see a reason to change allegiances, hehe...but I'm also a bit biased.

Good luck with your schooling bud!

Godfather
04-10-2010, 11:08 AM
Welcome aboard!!

There are a lot of Steeler fans who root for non-Pittsburgh teams in other sports so that doesn't matter. And I haven't been able to hate the Browns since 1995...that scumbag Modell took the air out of that rivalry.

SteelCityMan786
04-10-2010, 11:28 AM
So heres the story

Welcome in to the Steelers fan base if you should so desire. In Pittsburgh, Football is usually Penn State/Pitt for College Football, Pitt for College Basketball. WVU gets a fair amount of support though. You'll have to get back to me on Ohio State.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-10-2010, 02:01 PM
All I have to say is a "TRUE" Stiller fan is born that way.. Nuff said... Yinz wouldn't understand elsewhere outside the Burgh..

:jerkit:

IrishSteeler
04-10-2010, 04:35 PM
is it alright if my 2nd fav team is the Browns?

smokin3000gt
04-10-2010, 05:10 PM
All I have to say is a "TRUE" Stiller fan is born that way.. Nuff said... Yinz wouldn't understand elsewhere outside the Burgh..

But hey... Welcome and I know you will come to love the GREATEST city in these great states..

:jerkit:

+1 :jerkit:

xfl2001fan
04-10-2010, 10:57 PM
is it alright if my 2nd fav team is the Browns?

As stated previously, nobody can tell you who to root for. If you want to be a Steelers fan first...and then a Browns fan, that's your choice. The reasons for your fandom have been made clear. Fan of Cleveland because family is (when the lived here for 2 years.) Fan of Pittsburgh because you will be living there.

I have multiple teams I root for in the NCAA (OSU, WVU, Navy)...and they go in a specific order.

Vincent
04-10-2010, 11:57 PM
It would be natural for an Irishman to root for a team owned by the Rooneys.

Mr Rooney took his team to Dublin in 1997 to play the Chicago Bears. That was one of my favorite Steeler memories, and I still have it on tape.

This team is a family business that has retained the "flavor" of the Rooneys down through the years. We all embrace the Rooneys and the Steelers as if they were our family. The order of things in Pittsburgh is God, family, Steelers.

So come and join this family of Steelers fans that goes back generations, and is all over the world. But, fair warning. It'll "get into you". :tt: :tt02: :danceshout:
Where in Ireland are you from?

Aussie_steeler
04-11-2010, 03:24 AM
If you are a Browns fan I would suggest that you remain a browns fan ( if that is where you heart is)

Nothing wrong with loyalty (although it may be a concept not in the Gen Y dictionary)

XFL is right in his advice. We would love to have you around as a member ( not matter what team you support)if you post with respect and share you football knowledge and passion.

Note: If I somehow moved from Australia to say New England, there is no way I would feel obliged to become a Pats fan just to fit in ( although I would probably require other levels of surgery for that to occur)

Welcome aboard

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-11-2010, 10:15 AM
+1 Need some tweezers for that jr?

That was a well thought and original response!!!!:chuckle:

No...wait...:tap:

My bad...it actually was a third grade comeback. :binky:

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-11-2010, 12:10 PM
I'm not going to get into these games with a fellow brother of the Nation. I'm sorry.. I was only kidding around in the first place.. Go Stillers!!

:drink:

supa_fly_steeler
04-12-2010, 12:36 PM
Lol it's nobodys choice whether to accept you or not.

It's internet forum your allowed here just as much as everyone else.

of course some people will/may dislike you and theres people that dont like me here, but really i couldnt give a damn about them.

so welcome.

IrishSteeler
04-12-2010, 12:43 PM
thanks dude
and why do some people call them the stillers

supa_fly_steeler
04-12-2010, 01:45 PM
thanks dude
and why do some people call them the stillers

accent i believe

Wallace108
04-26-2010, 01:25 AM
I live in Ohio, and when I was younger, I always pronounced it Stillers (must have been because my family was from West Virginia). My friends always made fun of me, but no matter how hard I tried to say Steelers, it came out Stillers. As I got older, I just accepted it and learned to say it with pride.

StarkReporter
09-03-2010, 04:51 PM
I live in Ohio, and when I was younger, I always pronounced it Stillers (must have been because my family was from West Virginia). My friends always made fun of me, but no matter how hard I tried to say Steelers, it came out Stillers. As I got older, I just accepted it and learned to say it with pride.

Good to see another Ohio Steelers fan, of course. :tt02: I wave The Terrible Towel in Stark County where there's a thriving community of Steelers fans. I had a buddy in Brookfield, who I lost track of some years ago, so I'm guessing you deal with a lot of :blah: from Browns fans as I do here.

I think you'll like this Facebook page, if you're on, http://www.facebook.com/pages/Steelers-Fans-Love-Beating-The-Browns-And-Winning-Super-Bowls/144095668962161, there are a number of Stark County Steelers fans on it. If any of the Steelers fans you know are on, feel free to pass it on.

I have a poll running in my Stark County, Ohio News and Views... blog right now to select the more popular team, Steelers or Browns. You'll find it here: http://www.starkcountyohio.net/2010/08/cleveland-browns-or-pittsburgh-steelers.html I'd appreciate you voting, of course, and anything you can do to help spread the word would be much appreciated.

Will look forward to hear from you, any time. :tt03:

StarkReporter
09-03-2010, 04:56 PM
I wave The Terrible Towel in Stark County, Ohio, where there's a vibrant community of Steelers fans, but you always have to put up with a lot from Browns fans.

Stark County, Ohio News and Views... is a site I publish which doesn't normally run content on the Steelers, but because of the rivalry burning hot there I'm running a poll to name the Most Popular team. You'll find it here: http://www.starkcountyohio.net/2010/08/cleveland-browns-or-pittsburgh-steelers.html

Browns fans are doing anything and everything they can to win this, and I can use some help to be sure the Steelers get a fair share of representation. I hope you'll vote, of course, and anything you can do to help spread the word about the poll would be much appreciated.

StarkReporter
09-03-2010, 05:03 PM

I'm guessing if you lived in Stark County, Ohio, where I do, hating the Browns wouldn't be so difficult. Trying to talk reasonably to a Browns fan, here, trust me = :banging:.

I publish a news blog Stark County, Ohio News and Views... which doesn't typically provide any sort of Steelers coverage, although that is changing a bit, for one reason because as I said the rivalry burns HOT here with a thriving community of Steelers fans. :tt03:

I'm currently running a poll to name the Most popular team, Steelers vs. Browns. The Clevelanders are dong anything and everything they can do to win, and the score right now, with about three week to go is Browns 347 Steelers 313.

This is the link for the poll: http://www.starkcountyohio.net/2010/08/cleveland-browns-or-pittsburgh-steelers.html

I'd appreciate you, all, voting, of course, and if you would do anything to help spread the word I can certainly use all the help I can get. Thanks much!

BigRick
09-03-2010, 10:52 PM
You can live anywhere and be a Steeler fan. I grew up in Missouri, hated the Cardinals and the cheap ass Bidwells. I now live in Indiana and can't stand the Colts and their media darling Manning. As to calling them Stillers maybe a Missouri thing also. My father was born and raised in Crawford County, the county seat is Steelville. Everyone from that area pronounces it Stillville.