PDA

View Full Version : Who is the best player on the Pittsburgh Steelers?

IrishSteeler
04-08-2010, 08:16 PM
and whos jersey should I get?
I want to get a talented players jersey who will be with the Steelers for a long time
or should I just get a customized jersey

NJarhead
04-08-2010, 08:29 PM
I want to get a talented players jersey who will be with the Steelers for a long time

I would get a throwback #95. :chuckle:

I loved me some Greg Lloyd.

But, Hines Ward is probably the most likely HoF player on our roster in the last decade.

zulater
04-08-2010, 08:32 PM

The Steelers best player is probably Ben or Troy. But if you're looking to buy a jersey of a player that will still be on the roster in 4 or 5 years I'd probably go with Woodley or Heath Miller.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-08-2010, 08:47 PM
Troy Polamalu bar none.

NJarhead
04-08-2010, 09:00 PM
Troy Polamalu bar none.

Excuse me; Hines should be getting the love above all others. :chuckle:

Merchant
04-08-2010, 09:29 PM
I think Troy's our best player. Ben is a close 2nd.

Nadroj 20
04-08-2010, 09:48 PM
If you want the best choose either ben or troy

Ward is also a good choice but if you want a guy that will be on the team for a longer time hes not the one to get.

If you want talented guys that is our future (but not as popular quite yet) id choose between Wallace and mendy, i dont think you can lose taking either one of those guys.

JackHammer
04-08-2010, 10:01 PM
Ben is the best player on the team. If you disagree with me, just think back to the days we were in the playoffs before he was our QB. Without him, I'm willing to bet we would still have 4 Super Bowls instead of 6. JMO though.

MACH1
04-08-2010, 10:10 PM

But, Hines Ward is probably the most likely HoF player on our roster in the last decade.

#58 for a throwback, already have a 95. :chuckle:

I'd say Troy's the best player on the team right now though.

http://www.mcmillenandwife.com/images/lambert_rose.jpg

Psyychoward86
04-08-2010, 10:13 PM
Troy is the ONLY player on this team where we can all flat out say without any hesitation that he is the absolute best player at his position in the NFL. It's practically fact. Heck, he's arguably the most important defensive player on any team too. Get a Polamalu Jersey for sure! He's a player that is extremely consistent with the "steeler attitude" and is just a once a generation type of player, even if he doesnt play for 15 years in the NFL

EDIT: Well if you want one of the jerseys from the players listed above get a #43.

Steely McSmash
04-08-2010, 10:19 PM
I voted for Harrison. I don't think there's a better 3-4 OLB. He flat out changes the way the refs call the game.

If you want a Jerey that will last a long while perhaps Wallace or Miller would be good options.

IF they extend Woodley this offseason, then you've got a good many years there perhaps.

If you want something a little different don't get Ward, Ben or Polamalu though cause they're real common.

Nadroj 20
04-08-2010, 10:25 PM
This thread reminds me i have a parker jersey hanging in my closet......

Oh well i still like the guy lol (i just wont wear it anymore)

NJarhead
04-08-2010, 10:27 PM
This thread reminds me i have a parker jersey hanging in my closet......

Oh well i still like the guy lol

Meh, I've got Erric Pegram and Barry Foster hanging in the closet. :chuckle:

You know which one I regret not buying cheap? Kent Graham. My dogs name is Graham; he could have had a custom jersey. lol

MACH1
04-08-2010, 10:29 PM

You know which one I regret not buying cheap? Kent Graham. My dogs name is Graham; he could have had a custom jersey. lol

I'll see your Pegram and raise you a Kordell. :laughing:

Nadroj 20
04-08-2010, 10:33 PM

Ouch i used to have one of them too :chuckle:

Nadroj 20
04-08-2010, 10:33 PM

Custom dog jerseys i think your on to something :applaudit:

NJarhead
04-08-2010, 10:38 PM

Ouch i used to have one of them too :chuckle:

Oh I have Kordell too. Thigpen, Woodson, Ben, Holmes (SBXLIII), Greg Lloyd, Bettis, Kirkland, .... and a couple more that are escaping me at the moment.

Custom dog jerseys i think your on to something :applaudit:

He used to wear Kordell. :chuckle:

SteelerFanInStl
04-09-2010, 12:19 AM
Be an individual, buy a Trai Essex jersey. :toofunny:

polamalubeast
04-09-2010, 12:33 AM

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

fansince'76
04-09-2010, 12:52 AM
Ben is the most important player on the team, but on pure talent alone, Troy is the best player. Hell, Troy might be the best player in the league in that regard. Guy's a freak.

Galax Steeler
04-09-2010, 04:35 AM
I have a Mendenhall, Woodley, and a Ben jersey I think my next one will be a Hood jersey. To answer your question Troy is probably the best on the team.

HometownGal
04-09-2010, 06:44 AM
If you want to go with a popular player among the fans, Troy would probably be your best bet.

When I buy a jersey whether it be Steelers or Pens, I try to get one of a player who is going to be around a few years but dare to be different (choosing a player who isn't in the Top 3 in fan popularity), but that's just me. I was the first in the arena to buy a Gonchar jersey 5 years ago (a week after he became a Pen as I loved him when he played for the Caps and was absolutely thrilled when the Pens signed him) while people booed him his first season and now Serg's jersey is one of the most popular. :thumbsup:

Good luck! :drink:

stillers4me
04-09-2010, 06:50 AM
I proudly wear a Troy jersey......it's going to be a classic, throwback someday. And I hope to proudly continue to sport my Ben jersey for a long time, too. My next one is probably going to be Hines, but I'm tempted to get a Harrison jersey. Hubby has a Lambert throwback. If I were to get one, it would be Franco.

I sure wish I'd picked up one of those ARE jersey's when they were on the clearence rack. :chuckle: I actually saw a kid in Walmart here in Cinci with one on the other day. :tt03:

zulater
04-09-2010, 07:03 AM
I'm a little dissapointed that Heath Miller was left off the poll and that no one besides me sems to have noticed. Also if you're looking at a jersey of a player who might still be playing at a high level in 3-5 years for the team what about Mike Wallace?

IrishSteeler
04-09-2010, 07:20 AM
The max number of options I could put in is 10
so Heath didnt make the cut although it is close between him and Timmons
I actually love the TE position but I wasnt sure about how good Miller is
Do you guys think he will be a top 5 TE or is he already?

IrishSteeler
04-09-2010, 07:22 AM
and how does everyone put their names on pictures like City of Champions and Rashard Mendenhall?
can someone make one for me?:tt04:

IrishSteeler
04-09-2010, 07:27 AM
is there any way i can save a simile on the my computer(mac) so that i can use it on msn etc.?
I want to save it with animation

Kaeg
04-09-2010, 07:33 AM
While you have great names on the list, don't forget about Heath when you're deciding. I would base the decision not only on what player you like, but also who may be around a while,and what position you enjoy watching. Who brings that little extra something to the game that maybe edges out the others?

solardave
04-09-2010, 09:06 AM

Good choice with Loyd but if you're going there how about Lambert or Mean Joe.

zulater
04-09-2010, 10:40 AM

Hell yeah he's top 5 by any measure, and if you're talking the most complete he's right at the top. Name another pass catching tight end that can block like a tackle.

steelerdude15
04-09-2010, 10:56 AM
I plan on buying a James Harrison home authentic this summer! :tt02:

SteelGhost
04-09-2010, 10:59 AM
For your poll I voted Troy, but I would love to have a #59 throwback ! Jack Ham was an unbelievable LB

Nadroj 20
04-09-2010, 11:04 AM

Yes he is in the top 5 for sure. Miller would be an excellent choice if you decided to go that way.

NJarhead
04-09-2010, 11:15 AM

:rofl:

Good choice with Loyd but if you're going there how about Lambert or Mean Joe.

Unfortunately, I own no throwbacks (yet). But my first one will be Mel Blount. :thumbsup:

Prok
04-09-2010, 11:49 AM
Ben is the best player on the team. If you disagree with me, just think back to the days we were in the playoffs before he was our QB. Without him, I'm willing to bet we would still have 4 Super Bowls instead of 6. JMO though.

I feel the same. Ppl under-estimate the QB position imo. Especially Steelers fans.

NJarhead
04-09-2010, 12:11 PM
I feel the same. Ppl under-estimate the QB position imo. Especially Steelers fans.

Ben probably is the best player (or at least most valuable), but this guy was interested in what Jersey to purchase.

That said, I think people overestimate the QB position more than underestimate it. Case-in-point: The 2000 Baltimore Ravens.

If you have a top defense and can run the ball, then all you need is a game manager. Heck, Ben himself ran a bare-bones, vanilla offense his rookie year and won 13 games.?.?

Prok
04-09-2010, 12:37 PM
Ben probably is the best player (or at least most valuable), but this guy was interested in what Jersey to purchase.

That said, I think people overestimate the QB position more than underestimate it. Case-in-point: The 2000 Baltimore Ravens.

If you have a top defense and can run the ball, then all you need is a game manager. Heck, Ben himself ran a bare-bones, vanilla offense his rookie year and won 13 games.?.?

I understand that. But at some point, your QB has to make some great, clutch throws, which Ben did plenty of early on.

Not too often you see a defense as dominant as the 2000 ratbirds where they can literally carry a mediocre QB to a title. I'd take my chances with the franchise QB any day.

Unless i'm mistaken, I read somewhere that Ben was still in top 15 for jersey sales?

NJarhead
04-09-2010, 01:19 PM
I understand that. But at some point, your QB has to make some great, clutch throws, which Ben did plenty of early on.

Not too often you see a defense as dominant as the 2000 ratbirds where they can literally carry a mediocre QB to a title. I'd take my chances with the franchise QB any day.

Unless i'm mistaken, I read somewhere that Ben was still in top 15 for jersey sales?

I'm not debating that, but I do think they get too much credit/blame. If you can run the ball, you can win. If you can't, winning becomes very difficult and that's when you need a solid QB.

I think Tom Brady's jersey sales are probably way up there too, but he is definitely given too much credit.

polamalubeast
04-09-2010, 01:48 PM
Nobody has to think big Casey Hampton!:wink02::flap::coffee::popcorn:

steelax04
04-09-2010, 02:09 PM
and how does everyone put their names on pictures like City of Champions and Rashard Mendenhall?
can someone make one for me?:tt04:

I have a couple of ideas for you... I'm out of town this weekend, but I'll see what I can come up with next week.

steelax04
04-09-2010, 02:11 PM
I'm a little dissapointed that Heath Miller was left off the poll and that no one besides me sems to have noticed. Also if you're looking at a jersey of a player who might still be playing at a high level in 3-5 years for the team what about Mike Wallace?

Agreed... my first authentic was Heath's Super Bowl jersey. Too bad it's white, kinda makes eating wings and watching a game a little bit scary.

Indo
04-09-2010, 02:40 PM
Troy is not only the best player on the team, but the Best Player IN THE LEAGUE.

I agree that Heath is top 5 in TEs. Maybe even #1---he's VERY underrated

If you are considering throwbacks, I would go with either Lambert or Mean Joe
but that's just me...

bigj26o(scm 899)
04-09-2010, 02:53 PM
Hines is def the heart and soul and quaranteed HOF, and troy and ben are the most talented but after troy's recent injury issues and for someone that will be around for years to come I would put some money on either woodley or wallace.

stlrtruck
04-09-2010, 03:43 PM
I say go with Hines, he's the WR with the mentality of a defensive player and he's been there when we needed him.

Troy would be my second choice.

wootawnee
04-09-2010, 05:51 PM

The qb is the most important piece of the puzzle.....Like Bradshaw said to Joe Greene, "You can win with me, but you won't without me."..........But football is a team sport and Individual effort only goes so far......Yea, one can take over a game but everone has to step up.........I don't like the survey.......But we had a player in Rod Woodson, who in my opinion is better that Troy.......And still we lost then.....Go figure.....

Stu Pidasso
04-09-2010, 10:07 PM
I'm giving some love to Heath Miller. Solid, underrated, talented, unselfish, go-to guy. Much respect for him.

Prok
04-09-2010, 10:18 PM
I'm giving some love to Heath Miller. Solid, underrated, talented, unselfish, go-to guy. Much respect for him.

I can agree with that. Ya hardly ever see Heath drop a pass or miss a blocking assignment. If the AFC wasn't so loaded with great TE's we'd have been seeing pro-bowls on Heath's resume as well imo.

Psyychoward86
04-09-2010, 11:10 PM

he's arguably the most valuable player on our team, but he's not even the clear cut best at his position like Troy is.

HanSteelers
04-09-2010, 11:12 PM
Ben Roethlisberger is my vote for the most vital part of the team
Troy is the best player on the team

if i was to choose a jersey i'd pick Ben (but with all the legal troubles maybe not), Troy, or Hines

I just picked up a Mean Joe Green Mitchell and Ness Throwback during the M&N half off sale a few weeks back.
very happy about it :)
half off m&n sale FTW!