PDA

View Full Version : Santonio to 49ers for Picks Scenario

blitzburgh56
04-08-2010, 09:29 PM
According to Mark Madden, the Steelers and 49ers have been talking about possible trade scenarios involving Santonio Holmes. Here is the scenario...the Steelers would get the 13th pick from the 49ers. The Niners would get pick 18. Then the Steelers would send Santonio to San Fran for their second round pick. By moving up to the 13th pick, the Steelers would select Joe Haden, who the Steeles are supposedly very high on. Then with the Niners 2nd round pick we take Golden Tate to replace Holmes. I have also heard this same scenario involving the Dolphins.

I personally would love to see this happen but it probably wont :noidea: We would get a shut down corner in Haden, a young Hines Ward in Tate, and then we could also select an offensive lineman with our original 2nd round pick.

Anxious to hear opinions on this.

steelerdave1969
04-08-2010, 09:47 PM
First off.. who is Mark Madden? I wouldnt mind the trade with the 49ers with Holmes going there with our 18 and us get the Niners 2nd rounder.. not at all. With the Steelers resigning Larry Foote for ILB depth, I really think that puts the LB from Alabama off the Steelers list of needs, but who knows. I also thought at one time maybe the Steelers would be targeting a S like Berry or Earl Thomas, but with the resigning of Clark and the other guy from Tampa I dont think that is a major need either.
As of right now I think our major Needs are DB and Interior Offensive Linemen and DE/NT.

Aussie_steeler
04-08-2010, 09:51 PM
The 49ers are in greater need of secondary help than the steelers so why would they pass up on Joe Haden?

They must believe that # 17 - OT ( Davis) and #18 CB ( Thomas / WIlson / McCourty) in the first plus Holmes as WR is a better fit than #13 - Spiller #17 - Davis and a 2nd round CB.

tony hipchest
04-08-2010, 10:11 PM
i like the thought process, but seriously doubt we get golden tate with SF 2nd round pick. this trade would be a hell of alot more easy to make (and save a ton of $$$) if sweed had already shown some of his promise.

Nadroj 20
04-08-2010, 10:13 PM
I've heard the same scenario with the dolphins and also that we are going to try and go get marshall cause hes a pittsburgh native.

Its all rumors and until i actually see something telling me it is going to happen or it does happen, there are just going to be to many rumors to keep track of.

whatdoiknow
04-08-2010, 10:49 PM
According to Mark Madden, the Steelers and 49ers have been talking about possible trade scenarios involving Santonio Holmes. Here is the scenario...the Steelers would get the 13th pick from the 49ers. The Niners would get pick 18. Then the Steelers would send Santonio to San Fran for their second round pick. By moving up to the 13th pick, the Steelers would select Joe Haden, who the Steeles are supposedly very high on. Then with the Niners 2nd round pick we take Golden Tate to replace Holmes. I have also heard this same scenario involving the Dolphins.

I personally would love to see this happen but it probably wont :noidea: We would get a shut down corner in Haden, a young Hines Ward in Tate, and then we could also select an offensive lineman with our original 2nd round pick.

Anxious to hear opinions on this.

Sir, not to doubt your report but, I can't find anything from Mark Madden reporting this. Not to mention Madden is clueless as well. Read a story on his opinion of the steelers WORST Draft pick ever back in 2003. I gotta laugh out of it.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/columnists/20030430madden0430p1.asp

SS43Polamalu
04-08-2010, 10:55 PM
Trade him now while we still can. He's turned into a distraction and he doesn't think we'll give him what HE thinks he's worth and i doubt we will. Trade him now and get a young WR in the draft that can learn from Ward for a season or two. Here's where he said he doesn't think we'll pay him what he's worth:

http://www.theredzone.org/BlogDescription/tabid/61/EntryId/5164/Santonio-doesn-t-think-Steelers-will-pay-him-market-value-after-2010/Default.aspx

I personally like the 49ers trade, move up in the first for a solid DB and use the second on a OL or WR, maybe wait till the 3rd and grab a guy like Shipley. He may be a little slower but the guy doesn't drop anything.

7willBheaven
04-08-2010, 11:00 PM
I've heard the same scenario with the dolphins and also that we are going to try and go get marshall cause hes a pittsburgh native.

Its all rumors and until i actually see something telling me it is going to happen or it does happen, there are just going to be to many rumors to keep track of.

Right there says it all (in RED)

blitzburgh56
04-08-2010, 11:04 PM
Sir, not to doubt your report but, I can't find anything from Mark Madden reporting this. Not to mention Madden is clueless as well. Read a story on his opinion of the steelers WORST Draft pick ever back in 2003. I gotta laugh out of it.]

He was talking about it today on his radio show. Sorry for the confusion.

Psyychoward86
04-08-2010, 11:15 PM
Mark Madden is a complete moron, but if the 49ers scenario happened, i would be generally happy. I would want Haden or maybe even Berry if he slides, and Golden Tate would be perfect. Tate can do it all for us once Hines Ward retires. The guy can return kicks/punts, take reverses, heck even carries at RB (which he used to play), and play all the wide receiver positions. He's a Steve Smith type guy and could be utilized as a slot receiver for possession or split him outside as a deep threat.

MasterOfPuppets
04-08-2010, 11:25 PM
i'd have no problem with that trade. sooner or later his teflon is gonna wear off and the charges are gonna stick and he'll be cut and they'll get nothing... :wave:

Galax Steeler
04-09-2010, 04:55 AM
Sounds good to me but I am like Tony I don't think Tate will be around for the taking in the second round.

steelymcmatt
04-09-2010, 09:06 AM
I was actually thinking about doing something similar w/ the Dolphins--swapping 1sts and taking their 2nd for Holmes. The general consensus seems to be he's going to be difficult to resign and we've already got some depth at wide receiver. The only thing I have to take issue with is drafting Tate.....not sure we need another young wide receiver, particularly that early. Rather see us take Barry with our new 1st round pick, get the highest rated tackle and defensive end with our two 2nds and a wr in the 3rd or 4th. The bottom line is, IN KEVIN I TRUST!!

jdthree
04-09-2010, 11:00 AM
I was actually thinking about doing something similar w/ the Dolphins--swapping 1sts and taking their 2nd for Holmes. The general consensus seems to be he's going to be difficult to resign and we've already got some depth at wide receiver. The only thing I have to take issue with is drafting Tate.....not sure we need another young wide receiver, particularly that early. Rather see us take Barry with our new 1st round pick, get the highest rated tackle and defensive end with our two 2nds and a wr in the 3rd or 4th. The bottom line is, IN KEVIN I TRUST!!

I agree....

Reload both lines, especially the O-line... maybe grab an OLB if a great one falls to us and then look at someone like Riley Cooper in the 5th.

ARE's signing made this trade much more plausible, not Sweeds development, IMO!!

jollyrob68
04-09-2010, 11:42 AM
I suggested the Steelers Trade with Miami, Denver or Seattle or the 49ers for there 1st rounder. I can understand moving up in the 1st and getting an early 2nd but I'd rather have a top 10 pick in the first and then try and trade our 1st at 18 to Tampa or Kc for their two 2nd rounders. Or KEep both 1's and get McClain and Pouncey or Earl Thomas/Joe HAden & Pouncey.

I though Denver would look into it (Holmes) and then trade Brandon Marshall to Seattle or Dallas.

+NuBbS+
04-09-2010, 12:36 PM
if we did pull off something like this, i would remain neutral on this situation. I believe we definitely have enough depth at wide reciever. I'd like to swap picks and either pick up a good OT such as Bruce Campbell or Trent Williams if they are available. If not I'd take Earl Thomas or Joe Haden. Also I'd swap 2nd round picks and keep my fingers crossed that Golden Tate falls to us and begin to groom him.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-09-2010, 12:49 PM
All those scenerios are based on Haden being available....I still think that the Browns take him early and its all a mute point. Even if Berry is still on the boards, you have to go with a Premier CB over a Premier Safety.