PDA

View Full Version : Bitter post: Refs 1, Steelers 0, Hawks 0

marksashton
02-05-2006, 09:48 PM
I'm sorry but the game totally turned on penalties against Seattle. The "push off" against Jackson was a joke. Pibbsburgh lived (and won) on bad calls and lucky plays (3rd and 28?).

Regardless, the only thing that matters is WINNING.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
02-05-2006, 09:50 PM
i will admit that the refs help out, but its about time they were on our side........

either way when you look at the score the steeles won...and i love it

Sharkissle29
02-05-2006, 09:52 PM
no push off? get glasses

marksashton
02-05-2006, 09:52 PM
i will admit that the refs help out, but its about time they were on our side........

either way when you look at the score the steeles won...and i love it

In the Superbowl, neither team needs "help." Calling back a for sure TD b/c of a push off that would never be called under normal circumstances and calling back another throw to the Steelers 1 yard line b/c of a "hold" that was not a hold...if I count right that's 14 points But, hey, who's counting?

TexaSteeler
02-05-2006, 09:54 PM
Talent and great execution appears lucky when you're on the other side of it.

I understand why you view the game the way you do. It's all "What if's"

Hawk Believer
02-05-2006, 09:55 PM
Regardless, the only thing that matters is WINNING.
Right-o on the winning part. Nobody remembers the ref calls in the long run and champions can overcome them (some cad calls). As much as I'd like to focus on those calls, our defense blew it on the gadget play and Parker's run as well. So we just have to suck it up and support our team for next season. Man...

BlitzburghRockCity
02-05-2006, 09:55 PM
You guys got away w/ calls too ! Lets not forget about that !! PERIOD !!! and that was a pushoff, right in front of the refs no less. It wasnt much of one, but it was one !

Suitanim
02-05-2006, 10:05 PM
Bitter much?

Awful calls have haunted the Steelers since Cowher stuffed the refs ignorance back in thier own pocket.

TexaSteeler
02-05-2006, 10:21 PM
forget it. not worth the reply.

hmmmmmmmm
02-05-2006, 10:30 PM
I think they were bad calls.....and shouldnt have been made. They took 10 to 14 points off the board on some bull calls....in the Superbowl....thats ****ing pathetic. Everytime the Hawks made a good play there was a flag....the push off was a pathetic call I saw Ward and.....shit practically every other WR (form both teams) that game push off worse than that but with no calls. The holding I dont think should have been made either....if they wanna call that a hold then they should throw a flag every single danm play for both teams in every damn NFL game. Im sure the Steelers held more than....what once. Now itll be nice if the people that were crying that the refs wre for the Colts can man up and admit they were for the Steelers ruining the Superbowl in the process

SalukiSteelers
02-05-2006, 10:30 PM
YOU NEVER HAVE TO DEFEND A WIN!!! PITTSBURGH STEELERS...WORLD CHAMPIONS.

I will say for 'Hawks fans that's it's definitely hard to take a loss when you don't think your team played as well as they could have. We Steelers fans endured it ten years ago when O'Donnell puked away a game in which the Steelers still had a legit chance to win.

It's tough, but you just gotta keep backin' your team and believe that they can get back and win one.

hardwork
02-05-2006, 11:06 PM
It's tough, but you just gotta keep backin' your team and believe that they can get back and win one.

That's right.

The Seahawks didn't play well enough long enough. There were several bad calls. The called back TD, and the phantom holding call. But Seattle didn't play well enough to overcome those calls, and they were in position to overcome those adversities more then once.

Ambridge
02-05-2006, 11:35 PM
I think they were bad calls.....and shouldnt have been made. They took 10 to 14 points off the board on some bull calls....in the Superbowl....thats ****ing pathetic. Everytime the Hawks made a good play there was a flag....the push off was a pathetic call I saw Ward and.....shit practically every other WR (form both teams) that game push off worse than that but with no calls. The holding I dont think should have been made either....if they wanna call that a hold then they should throw a flag every single danm play for both teams in every damn NFL game. Im sure the Steelers held more than....what once. Now itll be nice if the people that were crying that the refs wre for the Colts can man up and admit they were for the Steelers ruining the Superbowl in the process

You waited around the entire playoffs to drop off that flaming bag of s hit??

Go back to your room and suck on the man boobs from your life size "Fathead" of Bill Parcells.

83-Steelers-43
02-05-2006, 11:35 PM
Some people are born to be complete ****s.

hmmmmmmmm
02-06-2006, 12:19 AM
You waited around the entire playoffs to drop off that flaming bag of s hit??

Go back to your room and suck on the man boobs from your life size "Fathead" of Bill Parcells.

...you mind telling me when the Superbowl was played? Today? Oh yeah.......so I didnt wait to long to post on the game. Dont hate on the truth.....I guess not many Steeler fans are gonna man up and admit when alot of bad calls went their way (like they ran around crying about with the Colts)..... they rather talk some stupid type of shit.

The NFL lost the Colts so they got the next best thing....nice storyline of Bettis going out with a ring and all. Anyways enjoy the Superbowl yall "won"

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-06-2006, 12:34 AM
...you mind telling me when the Superbowl was played? Today? Oh yeah.......so I didnt wait to long to post on the game. Dont hate on the truth.....I guess not many Steeler fans are gonna man up and admit when alot of bad calls went their way (like they ran around crying about with the Colts)..... they rather talk some stupid type of shit.

The NFL lost the Colts so they got the next best thing....nice storyline of Bettis going out with a ring and all. Anyways enjoy the Superbowl yall "won"

Can you manup and admit calls can go either way.. how bout noncalls such as the blatant clip on ben during the run back of the interception to name one. I'll man up but I can't do it with a little whiny as$ boy. We did "whatever it takes" to win with or with out help. Why don't you man up and admit that we WON the game and not put special conditions on it!!

hmmmmmmmm
02-06-2006, 01:02 AM
You did win the game....I already admitted that which is the reason Im even saying this....if Seattle won it wouldnt matter about the calls cause it would be just like when the Steelers beat the Colts. Were you one of the people running around crying about the Colts getting all the calls?

The "push off" I suppose coulda been called but it was a cheap call. That happens every passing play and its usually twice as worse....shit I saw Hines push off with both hands twice and Engram do it once. Thats with both hands right by officials.....the holding call was highly questionable.....that call can be made on every single offensive play...every lineman does that. The "blocking below the waist" call was straight ass no excuse for that one.

Ben didnt have a good game, Parker had a great run and Ward dropped about three easy balls but had a great game. Hasselback had a good game, Alexander didnt have to good of a game and the WRs were ass to say the least. The calls are what got this game.........I probably cant say they would have won if those calls didnt happen cause everything the Steelers did on offense and defense woulda changed it would have been down to the wire though....but you cant tell me they didnt play a factor......that would be to damn ignorant

silver & black
02-06-2006, 05:44 AM
Bitter much?

Awful calls have haunted the Steelers since Cowher stuffed the refs ignorance back in thier own pocket.
I hear ya on that. Try being a Raider fan, if you want to know about getting crap calls!

Any way, it was a push off... even if it wasn't a very flagrant one.

Suitanim
02-06-2006, 07:05 AM
Squack whine squack cry squack refs squack cheat squack wah squack luck squak.

Squack squack squack.

Milkman
02-06-2006, 07:07 AM
Right-o on the winning part. Nobody remembers the ref calls in the long run and champions can overcome them (some cad calls). As much as I'd like to focus on those calls, our defense blew it on the gadget play and Parker's run as well. So we just have to suck it up and support our team for next season. Man...

Props to you sir!

TexaSteeler
02-06-2006, 10:36 AM

And "yall" didn't even make the playoffs. Don't rain...

hmmmmmmmm
07-27-2007, 02:44 PM
And "yall" didn't even make the playoffs. Don't rain...

My computer broke before I could respond to this.....then I forgot about this place. I'd just like to say bite my ass.....:thumbsup:

fansince'76
07-27-2007, 02:49 PM
My computer broke before I could respond to this.....then I forgot about this place. I'd just like to say bite my ass.....:thumbsup:

No problem - hasta la vista permanently. Troll.

memphissteelergirl
07-27-2007, 03:25 PM
Bitter post: Refs 1, Steelers 0, Hawks 0

Some people just cannot let **** go! :dang:

Preacher
07-27-2007, 03:53 PM
what a joke....

Funny thing... The push off was TEXT BOOK DEFINITION of the penalty.

the touchdown by Ben... I actually paused it on direct tv, took a piece of paper, put it over the goal line, and you can see part of the football.

What I am laughing about... is all the holding calls that WEREN'T called on the tackle's and TE's on Seattle. I don't know HOW many times I saw our Linebackers around the tackle or TE, and then get turned... the only PHYSICALLY possible way to turn a man who is already around you is by holding/pulling on them... but there was what, 1, maybe 2 penalties?

The ONLY bad call was on the QB, when he went to tackle our DB who intercepted the ball.

But when it is all done... It doesn't matter. You don't see us in here screaming about the illegal pick plays that Dallas scored touchdowns on against us in SB 30 do you? and guess what... Nope, no penalties... Clear pick play.. right infront of the ref. No call. 7 points.

So... Pittsburgh. 5 time champs. Seattle, Not yet.

tony hipchest
07-27-2007, 03:57 PM
whats really funny is dallas vs. seattle in the playoffs last season:

http://i132.photobucket.com/albums/q23/shortyshane_2006/charliebrown.jpg

Edman
07-27-2007, 04:00 PM
It was the bitter Cowpuke fan who bumped this thread...

Jman
07-27-2007, 04:04 PM
Wow...does it ever end? The company I work for, the HQ is in Bellevue, WA. Whenever I bring up the Steelers, they always have bad things to say. So there were some bad calls...That happens in almost every NFL game. Get over it. Both teams played. Years from now all you'll remember is that the Steelers won the bowl.

fansince'76
07-27-2007, 04:29 PM
what a joke....

Funny thing... The push off was TEXT BOOK DEFINITION of the penalty.

But when it is all done... It doesn't matter. You don't see us in here screaming about the illegal pick plays that Dallas scored touchdowns on against us in SB 30 do you? and guess what... Nope, no penalties... Clear pick play.. right infront of the ref. No call. 7 points.

Not to mention a certain HoF-bound WR of theirs that made a CAREER of pushing off and getting away with it....

rbryan
07-27-2007, 06:26 PM
Deja vue all over again. A cowgirl with a sqawker complex. Your computers been broke for how long?? Bill Gates would be ashamed of you ya little dink.

Cmon let him come back, this could be fun

SteelCityMan786
07-27-2007, 07:03 PM
This thread is pretty old.

MACH1
07-27-2007, 07:25 PM
wow - they're still whining about it. hahaha

I think Tony needs to break out with the cheese. :chicken:

Preacher
07-27-2007, 07:54 PM
This thread is pretty old.

So are the arguments!!

:sofunny:

steelpride12
07-27-2007, 10:01 PM

No push off wow wake up! geez every play for the Hawks was a mistake and alot of the calls were right ones.well keep crying while we enjoy our trophy!

SteelShooter
07-27-2007, 11:14 PM
In the Superbowl, neither team needs "help." Calling back a for sure TD b/c of a push off that would never be called under normal circumstances and calling back another throw to the Steelers 1 yard line b/c of a "hold" that was not a hold...if I count right that's 14 points But, hey, who's counting?

A "hold that was not a hold?"

Bro, get glasses.

1. He pulled the D-man around with his arm hooked! He would not have been penalized had he let go AFTER the D-man passed him, but his lingering HOLD actually turned the guy he was "blocking."

2. The push off WAS a push off. And if you look at it in real-time instead of slow-mo it is very evident. These two calls were dad-gummed good calls.

3. Now, to be fair: The call against Silly-attle when Hassleback (sp?) went for the tackle after the interception was absolutely wrong. ...and the officials admitted so after the game. Some bad calls do happen. It's sad, but true.

The Steelers have definitely had their fair share when it comes to being on the other end of bad calls. Do you remember the Colts getting the ball back after Troy absolutely intercepted Manning? And that was clearly evident on the replay.

Come on now, it is OVER a year later! Has you ever wondered why the Seahawks are called the "Whiners of the NFL?"

SteelShooter
07-27-2007, 11:22 PM

That's damned nice of you Hawk.

:thumbsup: Thank you! :thumbsup:

Preacher
07-28-2007, 02:51 AM

Sure is nice when they man up like that...

Good job Hawk...

though I know you posted this a while ago!