PDA

View Full Version : My Take

Dook
02-05-2006, 09:51 PM
My take:

Ben was off the whole game. Maybe it was the new super bowl balls or something but everything he threw was behind and the WR had to fight for. The early almost TD pass to Ward was about the best ball he threw all day, it would have taken an incredible catch to bring it down.

-Our D played typical, bend but don't break. Ike was getting worked over but he was 1 on 1 and did exactly as he should, he played to defend the deep ball. That interception he got wasn't on him, Hasselbeck's one mistake that really cost them.

-Alexander was a non-factor. Both teams did well against the run, Willie P. had 93 yards on only 10 carries but one was that great 75 breakaway.

-Coaching: I was upset that we didn't get Ben into a groove early but I guess they didn't want to put too much on him. He never did get in a groove. WHERE WAS HEATH? He wasn't in even in there for a lot of the game.

-Our special teams did well. Gardocki is the man, his kicks were booming. Seattles Josh Brown missed

-Porter? 3 tackles and nothing else? I can't believe we pay him $5m for that kind of pitiful performance game after game.

Crash
02-05-2006, 10:12 PM
Big deal. A win is a win and it doesn't matter how each person plays, it matters how THE TEAM plays. Overall the team did good. Sure, Ben may have been off, but when he screwed up, the rest of the team was there to back him up and let him know it wasn't a big deal. The defense played great, and Porter may be getting paid $5m, but guess what, he is still a great player. You think for the past two weeks, Seattle didn't take a close look at how he plays? Of course they did, and they wanted to shut him down. Pretty much they did, but THE TEAM wasn't shut down. Some fans need to figure it out. The new approach with the Steelers since last year is depth. Not single players being factors. It's about a team effort and has been since last year.

SalukiSteelers
02-05-2006, 10:18 PM
-Porter? 3 tackles and nothing else? I can't believe we pay him $5m for that kind of pitiful performance game after game.

Game after game? The guy had 10.5 sacks during the regular season and his back to back sacks ended the game in Indy. Oh yeah, he's an emotional leader, too.

Here's my take: The Steelers are the best team in football this season and I'm damn proud of every guy in that locker room who contributed to the success of the team this season.

Tonight's not the night to look for the negative; it's time to celebrate the positives and celebrate the World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers!!

marksashton
02-05-2006, 10:24 PM
My take:

Ben was off the whole game. Maybe it was the new super bowl balls or something but everything he threw was behind and the WR had to fight for. The early almost TD pass to Ward was about the best ball he threw all day, it would have taken an incredible catch to bring it down.

-Our D played typical, bend but don't break. Ike was getting worked over but he was 1 on 1 and did exactly as he should, he played to defend the deep ball. That interception he got wasn't on him, Hasselbeck's one mistake that really cost them.

-Alexander was a non-factor. Both teams did well against the run, Willie P. had 93 yards on only 10 carries but one was that great 75 breakaway.

-Coaching: I was upset that we didn't get Ben into a groove early but I guess they didn't want to put too much on him. He never did get in a groove. WHERE WAS HEATH? He wasn't in even in there for a lot of the game.

-Our special teams did well. Gardocki is the man, his kicks were booming. Seattles Josh Brown missed

Regarding Ben being "off", maybe it was the Seahawks defense. He didn't do squat. 2 INT's and less than 200 yards passing. He's over-rated.

Two field goal misses from Josh Brown hurt. They should have finished the first half up 10-0 and ended up trailing 7-3 b/c of crappy refs. Bad joo joo.

Seattle's special teams, as usual, kinda sucked.

Porter is bigger in mouth than performance. Seattle shut him up. If Stevens hadn't dropped easy passes, Seattle wins the game and has the last laugh. But ifs, when, butt's only get you so far.

Pittssburgh is hereby a fairly mediocre city with a better than mediocre football team.

TexaSteeler
02-05-2006, 10:30 PM
Regarding Ben being "off", maybe it was the Seahawks defense. He didn't do squat. 2 INT's and less than 200 yards passing. He's ove - .

Seahawks D was the difference. He's not ove - , he came up huge on a couple runs and 3rd and 28.

Two field goal misses from Josh Brown hurt. They should have finished the first half up 10-0 and ended up trailing 7-3 b/c of crappy refs. Bad joo joo.

If the Seahawks would stop making him kick from over 50 yards he would have a better chance of making it. It's not really a missed field goal, it's a defensive stop that Seattle tried to get lucky on.

Reversing bad calls still wouldn't have won the game.

Sucks that you got beat by "better than mediocre team". Does that make the Hawks mediocre?

MagicHawk
02-05-2006, 11:00 PM
f the Seahawks would stop making him kick from over 50 yards he would have a better chance of making it. It's not really a missed field goal, it's a defensive stop that Seattle tried to get lucky on.

Reversing bad calls still wouldn't have won the game.

Sucks that you got beat by "better than mediocre team". Does that make the Hawks mediocre?You know the truth but it doesn't matter now so why make a dig that is not needed?

Sharkissle29
02-05-2006, 11:04 PM
Regarding Ben being "off", maybe it was the Seahawks defense. He didn't do squat. 2 INT's and less than 200 yards passing. He's over-rated.

Seattle's special teams, as usual, kinda sucked.

Porter is bigger in mouth than performance. Seattle shut him up. If Stevens hadn't dropped easy passes, Seattle wins the game and has the last laugh. But ifs, when, butt's only get you so far.

Pittssburgh is hereby a fairly mediocre city with a better than mediocre football team.
LOL!!!!!!!!!! talk about a sore loser. u can have my terrible towel to cry on friend. roethlisberger over-rated? did u watch the playoffs this year? so he had an off game....but guess what he got? a ring!!!!!!!!!!! hahahahahahahaha

BAC
02-05-2006, 11:24 PM

Wow, you can't spell Pittsburgh, but you're proud of "mediocre" so you used it twice. Talk all the trash you want after the game. The Steelers STILL win. Blame it on whoever/whatever you want, but at the end of the day, the Seahawks didn't get the job done. Why not go cry with the other 17 Seahawk fans. I don't care. Soooooooo, until this site turns into SeahawksFever.com , I'll kindly tell you where you can stick it.

MagicHawk
02-05-2006, 11:50 PM
Wow, you can't spell Pittsburgh, but you're proud of "mediocre" so you used it twice. Talk all the trash you want after the game. The Steelers STILL win. Blame it on whoever/whatever you want, but at the end of the day, the Seahawks didn't get the job done. Why not go cry with the other 17 Seahawk fans. I don't care. Soooooooo, until this site turns into SeahawksFever.com , I'll kindly tell you where you can stick it.
What a stand up individual I came here because I uphold my word but now I wonder if I should have carried through....

northoftheborder
02-05-2006, 11:52 PM
The game was won with field position. Anyone notice the crappy Seahawks punting?

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 12:03 AM
You know the truth but it doesn't matter now so why make a dig that is not needed?

Maybe because of the "dig" the original poster made about our city and team. Or did you skip past that part? Open your eye's. If you don't like it.........

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 12:05 AM
What a stand up individual I came here because I uphold my word but now I wonder if I should have carried through....

Nobody would be complaining if you didn't. Trust me. You leave now If you want. Nobody is keeping you here.

MagicHawk
02-06-2006, 12:05 AM
Maybe because of the "dig" the original poster made about our city and team. Or did you skip past that part? Open your eye's. If you don't like it.........
Probably did skip it but as to not liking it? Please this is a game last time I looked it won't affect either me or you in the end I would hope.

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 12:07 AM
Probably did skip it but as to not liking it? Please this is a game last time I looked and won't affect either me or you in the end I would hope.

Well, your on a STEELERS MB crying and complaining about a STEELER fan sticking up for his city and team after some jealous moron decided to bash his city and team. What do you expect? Are you that dense? Once again, If you want to hear words that make you happy, go to a Birdie board. They are in denial and out of touch with reality over there.

MagicHawk
02-06-2006, 12:11 AM
Well, your on a STEELERS MB crying and complaining about a STEELER fan sticking up for his city and team after some jealous moron decided to bash his city and team. Once again, If you want to hear words that make you happy, go to a Birdie board. They are in denial and out of touch with reality over there.
What have you been reading? I only said I was here as promised, when you made a jab at a bullshit poster. I couldn't careless and expect that you would defend your team (not your city because I am an American last time I looked). So jabs at Pittsburgh itself offend me just as much as you, being that I am an American and football is just a game last time I looked, am I wrong here?

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 12:15 AM
What have you been reading? I only said I was here as promised, when you made a jab at a bullshit poster. I couldn't careless and expect that you would defend your team (not your city because I am an American last time I looked). So jabs at Pittsburgh itself offend me just as much as you, being that I am an American and football is just a game last time I looked, am I wrong here?

Follow me here. A moron Seahawk fan came in here (shocker huh? Seem to be a few), talked shit. A Steeler fan responded and you started crying about "digs". If you don't like hearing "digs", go to a SEAHAWK MB. You came back. Good job. I'm proud of you and i'm sure mom and dad are also.

MagicHawk
02-06-2006, 12:26 AM
Follow me here. A moron Seahawk fan came in here (shocker huh? Seem to be a few), talked shit. A Steeler fan responded and you started crying about "digs". If you don't like hearing "digs", go to a SEAHAWK MB. You came back. Good job. I'm proud of you and i'm sure mom and dad are also.You are a piece of work that is probably half my age...anyway enjoy your win with a little grace if possible because things change, ask the Patriots....I have fulfilled my promise and am done here, if I want purile abuse I speak to my foster father.

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 12:32 AM
You are a piece of work that is probably half my age...anyway enjoy your win with a little grace if possible because things change, ask the Patriots....I have fulfilled my promise and am done here, if I want purile abuse I speak to my foster father.

Thank god and this thread speaks VOLUMES. The information provided above explains everything. Take care honey.

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-06-2006, 12:43 AM
You know the truth but it doesn't matter now so why make a dig that is not needed?

Magichawk you are to be commended you have come here and stood up,It must hurt like hell but you did it , my hats off to you!! :drink:
It's the fly by night fans who have come in here to rain on our parade that piss us off. Iguess it goes back to that old saying "you reap what you sow."

Rotorhead
02-06-2006, 12:43 AM
Uh, I knew this was coming, bad reffing lost you the game . . . yeah ok, maybe all your stupid penalties lost you the game, or your superstar RB that was a nonfactor (maybe you should let him go and get a real runningback) or the best Oline in the league that got your QB sacked 2x (one being at the crucial end of the game), or maybe that your receivers that can't seem to catch the ball or maybe, just maybe you got beat by the better team on our off day!

northoftheborder
02-06-2006, 12:45 AM
We get a charge out of raining on the parade.

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-06-2006, 12:49 AM

Yo Canaduh I found your idiot ...please come take him home. :jerkit: :flipoff:

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 12:49 AM

Yeah, judging that you were planning your own parade before you even won the Super Bowl. :dang:

So we actually rained on your parade...lol.

northoftheborder
02-06-2006, 12:52 AM
Hey 83. My own parade? For whom? For what? The American Super Bowl hype we have to put up with every January on our American broadcast stations we have to share air space with?

clevestinks
02-06-2006, 07:28 AM
Game after game? The guy had 10.5 sacks during the regular season and his back to back sacks ended the game in Indy. Oh yeah, he's an emotional leader, too.

Here's my take: The Steelers are the best team in football this season and I'm damn proud of every guy in that locker room who contributed to the success of the team this season.

Tonight's not the night to look for the negative; it's time to celebrate the positives and celebrate the World Champion Pittsburgh Steelers!!
Cowher hardly blitzed with Porter, I didn`t understand it! But hey we won! We ned Porter!

TasmanianTroy271
02-06-2006, 08:34 AM
I agree today wasn't anybody's best day for the Steelers. But I think Porter's performance against Indy was well worth the 5 million, because that was our Superbowl in essence of performance.

TexaSteeler
02-06-2006, 09:23 AM

I was the replier, not the instigator. Ask your fellow fan about a dig that is not needed.

SteelCityPride
02-06-2006, 09:42 AM
Not the best game on our end, we looked bad at times, Ben didnt have a great day, his balls looked really wobbly coming out of his hand. Some key, uncharacteristic drops by Ward and some suspect play calling. However, with that being said, to give them the ball on the first three drives with great field position and to leave only giving 3 points is amazing on the defense's part. Everyone saying that Joey and Polamalu didnt play a big enough role in the game needs to look at the bigger picture... if they are using their best offensive lineman to block a linebacker, joey porter, then that is only helping out someone else. Also, Troy, whether he physically makes a play or not the entire game doesn't say a thing about what he does mentally to the other team. He causes a ton of indecision creates a lot of plays without physically having to make the big play. So, remember this is a team sport and everyone has to play together to win a world championship. WE DID IT!!!! We sent the Bus out in style!!!!!! And, we look to get back after it again next year, hopefully after signing Randle El to an extension...

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 09:45 AM
So basically on a bad day we won. Speaks volumes If you ask me.

bmovierat
02-06-2006, 10:20 AM
So basically on a bad day we won. Speaks volumes If you ask me.

Exactly. Seattle played pretty well. They brought their A game. We brought our B- game; yet in the end, we are world champions. The better team won. :celebrate