PDA

View Full Version : Decision On Ben Coming Monday, April 12

SteelerEmpire
04-09-2010, 10:05 AM
LINK: http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/09/ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-decision-sexual-assault-georgia-district-attorney/#comments

Man, being a Steeler's fan can be stressful... :doh:

zulater
04-09-2010, 10:16 AM
LINK: http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/09/ben-roethlisberger-pittsburgh-steelers-decision-sexual-assault-georgia-district-attorney/#comments

Why does he have to wait until Monday? :banging:

Steelers17
04-09-2010, 10:18 AM

A scheduled news conference announcement ...... hmmmm!

SteelCityMom
04-09-2010, 11:03 AM
At least all the speculation will be over soon and we can all move on with our lives as Steelers fans one way or the other.

BlastFurnace
04-09-2010, 11:22 AM
So, I guess the playoffs begin on April 12th for us this year.

No Ben = No Playoffs

tony hipchest
04-09-2010, 11:24 AM
So, I guess the playoffs begin on April 12th for us this year.

No Ben = No Playoffsour defense is gonna kick ass this year just like in 08.

Steelers>NFL
04-09-2010, 11:25 AM
At least all the speculation will be over soon and we can all move on with our lives as Steelers fans one way or the other.
Exactly my thought.

zulater
04-09-2010, 11:29 AM
Are the two sides allowed to communicate through their representation while the investigation is ongoing? I mean could this be some sort of scare tactic by the state to try to enable a Koby type settlement? If she drops charges case dismissed right?

I know it's a Hail Mary on my part, but the delay makes no sense to me if they have reached a conclusion in the investigation?:noidea:

zulater
04-09-2010, 11:42 AM
I guess a more likely possibility is that they've already informed the involved parties of what's coming but they're not publicly announcing it as a courtesy to the defense. In other words charges are going to be filed, but they're allowing the defense the chance to fly Ben into town to surrender and go before a magistrate for bail on the same day, rather than issue an out of state arrest warrant today and face an extradition hearing .

I hope I'm wrong, but this is what makes the most sense to me.

Prok
04-09-2010, 11:46 AM
The OP hit nail on head. Being a Steelers fan IS very stressful.

:banging:

zulater
04-09-2010, 11:57 AM
If I was a reporter I'd be staking out all the airports in Western Pa and Ga, if you see Ben get on a flight anytime between today and Monday morning you can bet that charges are forthcoming.

tony hipchest
04-09-2010, 12:06 PM
I guess a more likely possibility is that they've already informed the involved parties of what's coming but they're not publicly announcing it as a courtesy to the defense. In other words charges are going to be filed, but they're allowing the defense the chance to fly Ben into town to surrender and go before a magistrate for bail on the same day, rather than issue an out of state arrest warrant today and face an extradition hearing .

I hope I'm wrong, but this is what makes the most sense to me.think positive.

they know its gonna be a national media shitstorm, so they are allowing time for all reporters and crews to show up and fill their hotels and I-hops.

if they hold a presser today, alot of media misses it and the small town loses revenue. :noidea:

zulater
04-09-2010, 12:12 PM
think positive.

:

Believe me, I'm trying. Regardless of what's been decided I wish they could have announced it today though. :banging:

Steelers17
04-09-2010, 12:29 PM

I hope I'm wrong, but this is what makes the most sense to me.

I see where you are going here! :banging:

Vincent
04-09-2010, 12:32 PM
think positive.

they know its gonna be a national media shitstorm, so they are allowing time for all reporters and crews to show up and fill their hotels and I-hops.

if they hold a presser today, alot of media misses it and the small town loses revenue. :noidea:

You do have a bead on the human psyche.

In any event, it'll be interesting to watch Ben "celebrate". Purely from a sociological standpoint.

SteelGhost
04-09-2010, 12:32 PM
If I was a reporter I'd be staking out all the airports in Western Pa and Ga, if you see Ben get on a flight anytime between today and Monday morning you can bet that charges are forthcoming.

Usually I agree with you zulater, but with all respect, I HOPE this time you're wrong :wink02:

Go Ben :tt02:

vindrow
04-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Here is an article form the Pittsburgh Trib..take it as you will:

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_675686.html

SteelGhost
04-09-2010, 12:41 PM
From the PT article :

"Had they wanted to arrest Roethlisberger, they would've issued a warrant, not waited for a press conference on Monday," said B.J. Bernstein of Atlanta, one of the nation's most high-profile defense attorneys.

"If they had wanted to send this matter to a grand jury, which is a closed process, they would not have a public press conference to do that," Bernstein said. "Most likely, what we're seeing here is that the district attorney has chosen to drop the matter."

I hope Mr. Bernstein is right :hope:

zulater
04-09-2010, 12:45 PM
Usually I agree with you zulater, but with all respect, I HOPE this time you're wrong :wink02:

Go Ben :tt02:

Me too SG. I'm hoping what's in vindrow's link blows my theory right out the water. :tt02:

zulater
04-09-2010, 12:46 PM

:tt04:

God I hope what's in there is right!

SteelGhost
04-09-2010, 12:49 PM
Me too SG. I'm hoping what's in vindrow's link blows my theory right out the water. :tt02:

I hope so, then we can have a few cold ones :drink:

whatdoiknow
04-09-2010, 12:53 PM
Of course I hope Ben is not charged. But it won't change the fact that Dan Rooney is still Peed-off at him. I mean to even allow himself to be put into this situation again by openly admitting to having some sort of sexual contact with a woman in a public club is just plain stupid. I have to think someone in the DA's office will leak something to the media before Monday. I'm sure TMZ will have something to report pretty soon.

zulater
04-09-2010, 12:58 PM
Of course I hope Ben is not charged. But it won't change the fact that Dan Rooney is still Peed-off at him. I mean to even allow himself to be put into this situation again by openly admitting to having some sort of sexual contact with a woman in a public club is just plain stupid. I have to think someone in the DA's office will leak something to the media before Monday. I'm sure TMZ will have something to report pretty soon.

You'd have to think Ben has figured out some things for himself by now. If he comes out of this intact I think he'll be very carefull in his dealings with strange girl in the future.

If I'm Ben I don't try anything before the 3rd date from now on.

:hatsoff:

zulater
04-09-2010, 01:04 PM
I hope so, then we can have a few cold ones :drink:

Yeah, just not in Milledgeville Ga. though. :chuckle:

Prok
04-09-2010, 01:04 PM

Gawd i hope and pray that's true. I can't freakin' wait to get this behind us.

fansince'76
04-09-2010, 01:07 PM

"....Bein' it was the biggest crime of the last 50 years and everyone wanted to get in a newspaper story about it!"

:chuckle:

Steelers>NFL
04-09-2010, 01:08 PM
The timing is good too. Way before the draft. The outcome with dictate which way or the other the Steelers will draft. No doubt.

SteelGhost
04-09-2010, 01:13 PM
Yeah, just not in Milledgeville Ga. though. :chuckle:

No way :cya: :chuckle:

Shoes
04-09-2010, 01:29 PM
The timing is good too. Way before the draft. The outcome with dictate which way or the other the Steelers will draft. No doubt.

TEBOW....1ST ROUND :chuckle:

ETL
04-09-2010, 01:29 PM
I think no charges will be filed. Just my 2cents.

bigj26o(scm 899)
04-09-2010, 01:42 PM
Wish they would've just announced the results, this is gonna make for a long wknd. But hope the article is right and this will be over and the team can start focusing on the season and gettin back up the stairway to seven

SteelersinCA
04-09-2010, 01:46 PM
You'll know before Monday, someone will talk, they always do. Look for Adam Shefter or John Clayton to break this over the weekend. From my perspective the article is right, if you are arresting someone, you go do it, you don't hold a press conference about it, that being said, anything can happen.

stlrtruck
04-09-2010, 02:42 PM

And it will be over before the NHL Playoffs start, so one more thing off the plate before we get to focus on the Pens going back-to-back! :thumbsup:

stb_steeler
04-09-2010, 02:52 PM
You'll know before Monday, someone will talk, they always do. Look for Adam Shefter or John Clayton to break this over the weekend. From my perspective the article is right, if you are arresting someone, you go do it, you don't hold a press conference about it, that being said, anything can happen.

I have to agree. Holding the press conference means that they must show public that they fully investigated the case and this is what they came up with. After all if they didnt hold the conference it would make everyone wonder what the hell they've been doing about it.

fansince'76
04-09-2010, 02:53 PM
I have to agree. Holding the press conference means that they must show public that they fully investigated the case and this is what they came up with. After all if they didnt hold the conference it would make everyone wonder what the hell they've been doing about it.

RAPISTBURGER PAYED THE DA!

Galax Steeler
04-09-2010, 02:56 PM

What ever works.:rofl:

stillers4me
04-09-2010, 03:19 PM
When I first read the news today, my first thought was that no charges would be filed. Why string everybody along until July if there is not enough evidence to get a conviction? I sure hope the lawyer quoted in the article is right. What a relief it would be to have have this behind us.

Sharkissle29
04-09-2010, 03:23 PM
my deja vu tells me he will not be charged

OneForTheToe
04-09-2010, 04:29 PM
I think they are going to charge Ben with being too fat and not throwing the ball away soon enough. I believe both are 3rd degree misdemeanors. He should get supervised probation. :coffee:

:wink02:

Have to keep using the :wink02: for the large number of sarcasm impaired members, who seem to frequent this place these days.

MACH1
04-09-2010, 04:43 PM
think positive.

I doubt the DA cares if the I-hop is full. :noidea:

vindrow
04-09-2010, 04:45 PM

Maybe, Ben took the DA into the bathroom....they should check the DA for a bump on his head.:tt02:

SMR
04-09-2010, 04:46 PM
You'd have to think Ben has figured out some things for himself by now. If he comes out of this intact I think he'll be very carefull in his dealings with strange girl in the future.

If I'm Ben I don't try anything before the 3rd date from now on.

:hatsoff:

I'm with you on that. :thumbsup:

SMR
04-09-2010, 04:48 PM
my deja vu tells me he will not be charged

Sorry, but that just cracked me up.

Dino 6 Rings
04-09-2010, 04:52 PM
TEBOW....1ST ROUND :chuckle:

2nd and I'd be cool as a cucumber...

Indo
04-09-2010, 05:01 PM
I love I-hop

steelerzfannforever
04-09-2010, 05:23 PM
We could very well get the typical "the case has been forwarded over to the grand jury" BS, but I sure hope not. I hope that this all comes to an end on Monday and we can move on with the 2010 season with our quarterback fully in tact as a member of the Pittsburgh Steelers!

brick
04-09-2010, 06:00 PM
according to ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5071769):

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will not be charged after an investigation into accusations of sexual assault by a 20-year-old woman in Georgia, sources told ESPN.

A source confirmed to ESPN's Kelly Naqi that District Attorney Fred Bright will announce on Monday that charges will not be brought against Roethlisberger.

Nadroj 20
04-09-2010, 06:03 PM
OH WOW PLEASE BE TRUE!!

Cinnjerm
04-09-2010, 06:06 PM
OH WOW PLEASE BE TRUE!!

It is. I just heard them announce it on Sportscenter as well. :tt02:

HanSteelers
04-09-2010, 06:08 PM
SO HAPPY
thank god
super bowl champs 2010-2011

polamalubeast
04-09-2010, 06:15 PM
SO HAPPY
thank god
super bowl champs 2010-2011

:applaudit::hug::helmet::drink::thumbsup::tt03::tt 03::tt03:

Nadroj 20
04-09-2010, 06:29 PM
It is. I just heard them announce it on Sportscenter as well. :tt02:

:tt04: :applaudit: :tt04::applaudit: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt04: :applaudit: :tt04: :applaudit:

stillers4me
04-09-2010, 06:32 PM
Knock knock knockin' on seven's door...........................here we go, Steelers! :tt03:

God is a Steelers fan!

SteelGhost
04-09-2010, 06:36 PM
I :hope: for the Disney Channell II "sources" to be right :tt03: :tt04:

pancake
04-09-2010, 06:36 PM
:applaudit::tt04::drink::tt02::thumbsup::tt::rofl: :tt03::hug:

LVSteelersfan
04-10-2010, 01:00 PM
Just because Ben comes back intact doesn't make the Steelers a lock to win their seventh this year. There is a lot to be done to shore up that defensive backfield before we can even think of winning the next trophy. I like to believe the Steelers will never lose another game ever, but there is a lot of work to be done. The Steelers are either on the brink of a big season or they could go the other way due to all the distractions and be an 8-8 team. Lets hope it is the latter.

steelerdave1969
04-10-2010, 01:07 PM
Nice post LV, say that I have to a gree with all ya said. I just truly hope that Ben has learned a lesson and gets his life straightened out. If he cant do without the party life and young teen girls then maybe he should try a different profession . . . . Like being a Jigalo or something. I think the Steelers org will have a Very Serious Conversation with him soon and there will be things change or else.

SteelerEmpire
04-11-2010, 08:57 AM
I just truly hope that Ben has learned a lesson and gets his life straightened out. If he cant do without the party life and young teen girls then maybe he should try a different profession . . . . Like being a Jigalo or something.

lol...

fansince'76
04-11-2010, 09:11 AM
Nice post LV, say that I have to a gree with all ya said. I just truly hope that Ben has learned a lesson and gets his life straightened out. If he cant do without the party life and young teen girls then maybe he should try a different profession . . . ..

I think you have Ben confused with Chris Henry....