PDA

View Full Version : Overrated prospects ?

whatdoiknow
04-09-2010, 01:18 PM
Well according to this writer at the sporting news.

http://www.sportingnews.com/college-football/article/2010-04-08/draft-dish-beware-these-overrated-prospects

What say you all ?

revefsreleets
04-09-2010, 01:53 PM
Weird. I agree that Berry is slightly overrated, and the Ed Reed comparisons are definitely WAY premature. But i think he'll be a solid pro. I just never saw it as the pressing need for the Steelers with both Troy and Clark in the fold.

But I don't get his gripe with Coleman...of COURSE he's an overachiever! He's a way undersized kid playing safety in a perennial top 5 college program. it's the very things he's knocking which make me think HE'LL also have a nice career in the NFL, even if his learning curve is a bit steeper.

Lande was a scout for the Browns, by the by, so draft "street cred" is going to be an issue with this dude...

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Wow....I dont mean to be tooooo critical, but that article is a joke!!!

NOONE is more overrated then Jason Pierre-Paul. for him to not be mentioned is very weird!!! Three different school in three years due to academics...two of them at a junior college. Only played ball for a legit college for one year...and only started 7 games.

This guy has BUST written all over him!!!!!

Here are some writeups on this dude!!!

We're told that multiple teams have concerns regarding Pierre-Paul based on his interviews, which have featured at times nonsensical answers to fairly basic questions.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/08/maturity-concerns-swirl-regarding-jason-pierre-paul/

...others not only disliked Pierre-Paul's athletic ability, they acknowledged they would not draft him in the first two rounds the first four rounds, for two of them and feared he would be a bust.

"He won't be ready," one GM said. "He will be outmanned. He will be lost. He has no football experience and only (13) games of football against a lower level of Division I football (competition). It's not like he lined up against Alabama and Georgia. He is not a pass rusher. He is late off the ball. He does not transition easily. I don't like tall, thin-legged guys that cannot convert speed into power."
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/04/01/evaluators-fear-bust-potential-of-pierre-paul-mays

SteelerFanInStl
04-09-2010, 03:36 PM
Wow....I dont mean to be tooooo critical, but that article is a joke!!!

NOONE is more overrated then Jason Pierre-Paul. for him to not be mentioned is very weird!!! Three different school in three years due to academics...two of them at a junior college. Only played ball for a legit college for one year...and only started 7 games.

This guy has BUST written all over him!!!!!

Here are some writeups on this dude!!!

:iagree: Every time I see him on TV I just wonder why he's gonna be drafted in the first round. Because he can do back flips? :sofunny:

GrizzlyDean
04-09-2010, 05:16 PM
If you look down at the bottom there was a link to a second round mock that had Earl Thomas going in the second and a bunch of other guys. That guy has to be in Special ED

Psyychoward86
04-09-2010, 05:56 PM
Earl Thomas will be better than berry in the pro's

whatdoiknow
04-09-2010, 06:01 PM
Earl Thomas will be better than berry in the pro's

You see, your username is " Psychoward "...but you are obviously a " Genius ":tt02: