PDA

View Full Version : Steelers Take Another Look S Earl Thomas

steelerdave1969
04-09-2010, 04:57 PM
http://www.examiner.com/x-2703-Pittsburgh-Sports-Examiner~y2010m4d9-Pittsburgh-Steelers-draft-digest-team-takes-second-look-at-Texas-safety-Earl-Thomas

steelerdave1969
04-09-2010, 04:58 PM
Found this and found it pretty interesting. See what ya think.

Aussie_steeler
04-09-2010, 06:56 PM
First question I think Colbert should ask is

" How much water did you really drink before the combine weigh in, 210lbs really do you think we are that stupid?"

tony hipchest
04-09-2010, 07:33 PM
im kinda impressed he could do so well that bloated.

steelerdave1969
04-09-2010, 08:01 PM

Me too tony. I was not real big on the guy for a while, but nothing would suprise me. I chatted with the guys on SIrius NFL Network a couple weeks back and asked about the Safety position as well as the LB spot and they were pretty convinced that the Steelers would not draft those no.1 overall after the signings that we have made with Foote coming back at LB and Ryan Clark at Safety. But if this guy is there and/or DB Kyle Wilson I think they got to Atleast Consider them.

Aussie_steeler
04-09-2010, 08:31 PM

I think the drills were on the following day to the weigh in and measuring meat market. Could be wrong :noidea:

tony hipchest
04-09-2010, 08:44 PM
I think the drills were on the following day to the weigh in and measuring meat market. Could be wrong :noidea:no, i think you are right. even if it were the same day, anyone can piss a gallon of water before they actually get called for a drill.

steelerdave1969
04-09-2010, 09:12 PM
Still a great chance that the young man is a star in the NFL for years to come.

mesaSteeler
04-09-2010, 09:14 PM
I hate to mention it but I already posted this article this morning.
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=50170

Galax Steeler
04-10-2010, 04:21 AM
I hope they take a real good look at him because that is who I want to see in the Black and Gold.

supa_fly_steeler
04-12-2010, 04:08 AM
I hope they take a real good look at him because that is who I want to see in the Black and Gold.

I would actually build upon that and take another look at him at the rookie photoshot when he is wearing a steelers draft cap

:tt04:

supa_fly_steeler
04-13-2010, 05:52 PM
http://www.40acressports.com/wp-images/earlthomas-la-monroe.jpg

taztroy43
04-13-2010, 06:11 PM
I want E. Thomas!!!! I hope he's there when we pick or that means we will trade up for him!!!! I believe that he will most likely play CB for us then when he gets a bit bigger they'll move him to FS......

supa_fly_steeler
04-13-2010, 06:17 PM
We all wnat him, so put iupati as the first round selection, because whoever we always want we never get.

i hope this is the year

taztroy43
04-13-2010, 08:09 PM
We all wnat him, so put iupati as the first round selection, because whoever we always want we never get.

i hope this is the year

lol....ur right about that one.....:thumbsup:

Steel_Bus_24
04-13-2010, 10:26 PM
yep Ive gotten too attached to Thomas and Wilson.....I just don't want to see anything like that 4th qrt of the Raiders game from our D

Watching fffing scrub Qbs carve us up just makes me want to pull my hair out

supa_fly_steeler
04-14-2010, 05:38 AM
My Friend this will stop all those garbage big plays

http://img52.imageshack.us/img52/3849/09000d5d816d4bf1gallery.jpg

whatdoiknow
04-14-2010, 09:53 AM
Earl Thomas is no longer an option for the Steelers. With the Dolphins landing Marshall now, a WR in round 1 is no longer needed. And Miami has already had Earl in for 3 seperate workouts/meetings. Earl will definitely NOT get by Miami. So Earl " The Peral " Thomas will NEVER be in a Steeler uniform.

supa_fly_steeler
04-14-2010, 10:34 AM
Earl Thomas is no longer an option for the Steelers. With the Dolphins landing Marshall now, a WR in round 1 is no longer needed. And Miami has already had Earl in for 3 seperate workouts/meetings. Earl will definitely NOT get by Miami. So Earl " The Peral " Thomas will NEVER be in a Steeler uniform.

Firstly i bet u said the same garbage when the san diego chargers picked a few years ago. ever heard of a trade up?

secondly, they already are packed in the secondary, so i doubt it's a smokescreen.

thirdly, they have no outside linebackers on their team, when they pick again all the decent OLB's will be gone

fourthly, parcells never drafts guys who are inexerpienced, i would be suprised if they drafted earl thomas, just because he went over film with them, seriously was their any film to watch the dolphins suck, he doesnt deserve to play next to some cheap player like yeremiah bell, he deserves the best like troy polamalu

fifthly, i would be suprised if they passed up dan williams

and finally sixthly, if there is such a word

please shut up with your stupid posts, i mean i read the wallace ones now these, whatdoiknow, maybe you can change your username to a more annoying one

whatdoiknow
04-14-2010, 10:43 AM
And seventh,,,The Dolphins have flown him into Miami THREE different times now. No other prospect have they talked to more than Once. And BTW Miami has a HUGE Hole at FS. Yes they need a OLB, but there will be ones available that are every bit as good as Pierce-Paul, or Morgan. Can't say the same about the BEST Ball-Hawking FS in this draft. Put down the Crackpipe ! Earl Thomas is no longer on the Steelers Radar. I wish he were. But facts are, to deal up above Miami would easily cost us 18, 52, 82, and 2-5th rounders, as well as next years 2nd rounder.

So please, get real. No way we deal all Dat to move up. I seriously HOPE Earl gets accused of Raping someone. That way maybe he falls to 18. But I am not holding my breath.

supa_fly_steeler
04-14-2010, 10:46 AM
Whats wrong with you.

The Jaguars could still draft him

Eightly, when you play against the Jets twice a year, you must have two wide receivers, since one is immediatley shut down.

Your on the boarderline of retarded

we dont need to use our second next year to simply move up a few spots. we can use some of the fifth rounders and others.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-14-2010, 10:52 AM

I have Thomas going to the Dolphins also....but keep in mind that they also want a NT and Dan Williams will be sitting there waiting for them if they choose to go that direction.

Its not as much of a "done deal" as you think it is.

whatdoiknow
04-14-2010, 10:59 AM
Lambert, you know football. And you have to agree that finding a decent 3-4 NG is alot easier to do down the board. Also, I have read several scouts who say Dan Williams does not transfer well to a 3-4 defensive NG position. Yes I guess I can see Miami making a switch to a Morgan. Or a Paul. Or maybe even a McClain. I also have to admit that I also feel there is a very good chance that Earl Thomas doesn't even make it to the Dolphins pick. I hear alot of things how Thomas may be a top-10 pick now. But the Supa Fly guy has it all wrong. No one, and I mean no one knows more about Thomas. Knows his career going back BEFORE High School, and loves him more than I do...No one. Supa Fly doesn't even come CLOSE!!

So I'm just " Keepin' it real Dog! Earl Thomas will not be a Steeler. No matter how much " Fly Boy " wants it to happen.

PittdaBurgh56
04-14-2010, 11:10 AM
Whats wrong with you.

The Jaguars could still draft him

Eightly, when you play against the Jets twice a year, you must have two wide receivers, since one is immediatley shut down.

Your on the boarderline of retarded

we dont need to use our second next year to simply move up a few spots. we can use some of the fifth rounders and others.

Trading up to say 14th(a value of 1100)with the seahawks if ET makes it till then we would have to trade our 18th( 900) and you say our 5ths would work will lets see 151(31) and 155(30) brings us to a total of 961 points still leaves us with a vaule of 139 points. And then it would take us our 3rd pick (valued at 180) for the seahawks to get the same value out of trading. Now this is simply based off the Nfl draft value chart whether teams use it or not. My point being to trade in the first to draft ET would cost us 2 5ths and a 3rd. with the draft being as deep as it is i dont wanna get rid of draft picks. Trading up in the seconod would be more senseable if the steelers felt the need to trade up somewhere in the draft.

supa_fly_steeler
04-14-2010, 11:11 AM
Lambert, you know football. And you have to agree that finding a decent 3-4 NG is alot easier to do down the board. Also, I have read several scouts who say Dan Williams does not transfer well to a 3-4 defensive NG position. Yes I guess I can see Miami making a switch to a Morgan. Or a Paul. Or maybe even a McClain. I also have to admit that I also feel there is a very good chance that Earl Thomas doesn't even make it to the Dolphins pick. I hear alot of things how Thomas may be a top-10 pick now. But the Supa Fly guy has it all wrong. No one, and I mean no one knows more about Thomas. Knows his career going back BEFORE High School, and loves him more than I do...No one. Supa Fly doesn't even come CLOSE!!

So I'm just " Keepin' it real Dog! Earl Thomas will not be a Steeler. No matter how much " Fly Boy " wants it to happen.

you dont like thomas more than me.

you think simply that thomas is just off the radar even those greene went to the pro day.

you make me sick, who brought you into this world, first the wallace crap now this.

i ask god sometimes, why people like you, bacteria, are sucking the worlds life away.

but

WHAT DO I KNOW?

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-14-2010, 11:14 AM
Lambert, you know football. And you have to agree that finding a decent 3-4 NG is alot easier to do down the board. Also, I have read several scouts who say Dan Williams does not transfer well to a 3-4 defensive NG position.

HUH????

A good NT is EXTREMELY hard to find....and can you please show my ANY....even ONE...scouting report that says Williams isnt slotted as the #1 3-4 NT on the draft boards????????? He is the proto-type of a 3-4 NT!!!!!!!

Dude...where do you get this stuff??????

supa_fly_steeler
04-14-2010, 11:42 AM
HUH????

A good NT is EXTREMELY hard to find....and can you please show my ANY....even ONE...scouting report that says Williams isnt slotted as the #1 3-4 NT on the draft boards????????? He is the proto-type of a 3-4 NT!!!!!!!

Dude...where do you get this stuff??????

he probably got it where the mike wallace 60 million deal was.

ignore him :D

whatdoiknow
04-14-2010, 11:49 AM
Dan Williams,,,of Tennessee right ? I guess it was on the NFL network that reported that Williams was falling down the draft based on his desire to play in a 4-3. And the times he has played in a 3-4 defense during games, he didn't do all that well. Just because a guy is 325 Lbs, does not make him a candidate to be a NT.
Hell, Lamarr Houston of Texas is 10 times the D-Linemen that Dan Williams will ever be. And he can even play NT at his weight of 305 Lbs. And play it better than Williams. Dan has the Dez Bryant " Primadonna "
award hanging around his neck.

The Dolphins don't want him, or need him. He has " Boom or Bust " written all over him. Has a long History of being Unmotivated. Lackluster effort, ect. In fact Lambert, I think if anyone who was once considered a top-10-12 talent who could slide completely out of round 1,,,it's Dan Williams. And you think HE is a option for Miami ? Not likely. Earl Thomas WILL be a Dolphin...Period!!

pancake
04-14-2010, 12:18 PM

I have Miami getting McClain from bama.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-14-2010, 01:49 PM
Dan Williams,,,of Tennessee right ? I guess it was on the NFL network that reported that Williams was falling down the draft based on his desire to play in a 4-3. And the times he has played in a 3-4 defense during games, he didn't do all that well. Just because a guy is 325 Lbs, does not make him a candidate to be a NT.

WOW!!!

Seriously...I have got to question your honesty at this point. First you say that ProFootballWeekly is reporting Mike Wallace is considering holding out (No... they didn't)
Now you claim that NFL Network is reporting that Dan Williams is falling down draft boards...(No...they didnt)

The NFL Network has Williams ranked as the #3 overall DT in this draft and the #1 overall 3-4 NT. This morning...before the Brandon Marshall trade they had him predicted to go #11 to the Bronco's!!!!!

QUIT MAKING THINGS UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

whatdoiknow
04-14-2010, 02:13 PM
I said the NFL Network reported that league GM's have Williams dropping on their lists because of his lackluster workouts. His Inconsistency, and his statement that he prefers a 4-3 defense. THAT is what I said. Not that the NFL Network themselves had him falling. I mean jesus what difference does it make. The bottom line is Earl Thomas is NOT going to fall to 18. He may not even fall to the Dolphins. But if he does, he falls no further. And that is a FACT!!

Enough already

St33lersguy
04-14-2010, 02:28 PM
Alright, taking a hard look at him. I would love to see him get drafted by the steelers

whatdoiknow
04-14-2010, 02:35 PM
We are not taking him regardless if he is there. Obviously the Steelers will select Dan Williams. A player who is easily a better DT than Joe Green ever was.

supa_fly_steeler
04-14-2010, 02:53 PM
We are not taking him regardless if he is there. Obviously the Steelers will select Dan Williams. A player who is easily a better DT than Joe Green ever was.

LMAO LOLOLOLOLOLOOLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

pete74
04-14-2010, 03:00 PM

if williams is still around when we pick i agree there is a really good chance we may pick him

whatdoiknow
04-14-2010, 08:04 PM
Do you think you can attack the post and not the poster? It would make for a more civil discussion. No need for the retard bombs, a lot of people find that word very offensive. So let's try and respect the rest of the members while we/they respect you.

Well said sir. Very well said. I too will try to discuss the message of the post, and not the poster per se. And you're right. We don't need that " Word " being said around here. Cause the LAST thing we need on this Board is " Sarah Palin " coming in here and having her read us the riot act:banging:

Aussie_steeler
04-14-2010, 09:28 PM
Last time I checked this was the Warroom. A place where steeler fans could converse with each other about their thoughts and ideas regarding the upcoming draft.

In previous years this section of the forum was a great place to converse intelligenty. Many new names and perspectives were presented and as a whole most of us gained some insight and knowledge into the direction the steelers and other teams could possibly head.

I have been fortunate to see highly respected members offer up the names of some prospects that were flying beneath the radar of the general population. My alltime favourite is the pimping of Doug Legursky by one of our own. When players like this land and stick on the steeler roster we all have a little more enjoyment knowing that we had some idea when it came to the draft process.

This year I have been fortunate to have more time available to me to research many prospects and my interest levels have been very high. But you may have noticed that my post rate in this forum has dropped.

I am just sick and tired of the blind blowing wind up players coits without any desire to post an insightful analysis or reason for your pick. This trend has killed the desire of many posters who started to contribute here.

I feel p*ssed that I have missed the chance to have someone like Jonslow post more here. El Gonz's insight into O line play is intriguing to me, but what has happened to the post rate of these guys. ( Yes dropped).
Stalwarts like LambertsLostTooth, Steelmember, Masterofpuppets, Texasteel and many others are not posting as much in here either.

We have stuff all time left until the draft. Lets get back on task and engage in some intelligent talk.

If I want to reason that Maurkice Pouncey will a valid pick I can expect other members to try to justify why they wouldnt. I can live with that, but I cannot stand the blind pumping of one or two prospects without anything other than a youtube clip, picture or emoticon.

We all get that somepeople want to be anally probed by Earl Thomas but to hear it every third post is beyond comprehension.

Every draft manual and site I have resourced lately has somehow managed to survive without the frequent use of the word retard. If you know me you know it is a word that I hate. It may have a place in your vocabulary but I see no reason why its context should ever be used in the warroom.

Lets draw a line in the sand and appreciate the fact that we have knowledgable members who are interested in engaging in thought provoking debate.

Lets get back to the task at hand.

If the steelers have brought Earl Thomas back in for another interview I would suggest that he is sitting right on the number on the draft board, he fills a huge need, but guess what --- I think they stilll have some serious questions that they want to ask of him. A lot of research is going into this player. The question for me is ---

What is the point the steelers are a little concerned about with Earl Thomas?

whatdoiknow
04-15-2010, 03:03 PM
Well I don't know how true it might be but, here is some good news for guys like me, and Supa Fly Steeler.

Dolphins | Likely will look to trade down
Comment (0)
Thu, 15 Apr 2010 11:19:57 -0400

Edgar Thompson, of the Palm Beach Post, reports the Miami Dolphins likely will look to trade down in the first round of the 2010 NFL Draft so they can acquire more draft picks.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0lCWFnBSL

Maybe if they are desperate they might like a few of our 5th rounders as well as our 3rd & 4th to move down to 18. That way we can get Earl Thomas.

43Hitman
04-15-2010, 03:30 PM
Well I don't know how true it might be but, here is some good news for guys like me, and Supa Fly Steeler.

Dolphins | Likely will look to trade down
Comment (0)
Thu, 15 Apr 2010 11:19:57 -0400

Edgar Thompson, of the Palm Beach Post, reports the Miami Dolphins likely will look to trade down in the first round of the 2010 NFL Draft so they can acquire more draft picks.

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz0lCWFnBSL

Maybe if they are desperate they might like a few of our 5th rounders as well as our 3rd & 4th to move down to 18. That way we can get Earl Thomas.

So you would sacrifice more than half of our draft for one guy? That doesn't sound very sensible to me. I would much rather get a guy like Pouncey or Lupati or Witherspoon and keep the rest of my picks. This draft is loaded with talent and we have a pretty good opportunity to select some very quality players. I would rather not sacrifice that for one guy, as I said earlier.

43Hitman
04-15-2010, 03:33 PM
I surely am no expert in these matters and its to bad that the real draft guru's don't post much here anymore. I used to glean a lot of info and insight from the likes of guys like Lambert, Jonslow, Aussie, and many more.

toughsticks87
04-16-2010, 04:22 PM
I say we take him if we can, defense wins championships. Looking at last year's defense, we should focus on the secondary and OL. Just my .02

SteelerFanInStl
04-16-2010, 06:25 PM
His stock is rising and now I'd be very surprised if he's still there at #18. There's been a lot of talk about him.