PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Ben Roethlisberger not to be charged in Sexual Assault case

MichaelAngelo
04-09-2010, 07:05 PM
Rejoice

Sources: Ben Roethlisberger Will Not Be Charge In Sexual Assault Case (http://blacksportsonline.com/home/index.php/2010/04/sources-ben-roethlisberger-will-not-be-charge/)

A source confirmed to ESPNís Kelly Naqi that District Attorney Fred Bright will announce on Monday that charges will not be brought against Roethlisberger.

HanSteelers
04-09-2010, 07:23 PM
:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:
GO STEELERS

stillers4me
04-09-2010, 07:30 PM
YEEEEEEEEHAAAAAWWWWW!

Cinnjerm
04-09-2010, 07:32 PM
Ahhh, now I feel good about their chances of a championship again. I guess this means we can all stop with the BB threads now. :wink02:

whatdoiknow
04-09-2010, 07:36 PM
If true..GREAT. But, do you think it will make a difference as to Ben getting suspended by the league, if not the Steelers ?

OneForTheToe
04-09-2010, 07:36 PM
Does this mean his trade value goes up?:wink02:

In case anybody missed it. :wink02:

:wink02:

pancake
04-09-2010, 07:40 PM
I am so ready to move on the real football news... :tt04:

stillers4me
04-09-2010, 07:41 PM
Is it September yet??????? :tt03:

vindrow
04-09-2010, 07:48 PM
This can't be true...all the lawyers on this board said he was going to be charged.

stillers4me
04-09-2010, 07:50 PM
This can't be true...all the lawyers on this board said he was going to be charged.

He shoulds just spilled his guts........ :wink02:

pete74
04-09-2010, 07:53 PM
I said from the get go that he would never be found guilty and probably never charged. I really hope and pray this report is true

pancake
04-09-2010, 07:58 PM
If this is true, then the real question is what will Goodell do? :noidea:

OneForTheToe
04-09-2010, 07:59 PM
I hope this is true. I am worried about the source, but remain positive.

BlastFurnace
04-09-2010, 08:01 PM
He's our QB and he's soon to be declared innocent.

Let's all get behind him.

BlastFurnace
04-09-2010, 08:02 PM

I think he has to consult with Robert Kraft first before he makes his decision.

stillers4me

About what? You can't suspend a player because someone accused him of something that obviously had no merit.

KeiselPower99

I believe this to be true and I fully expect the more serious penalty to be from the Steelers and not Goodell or the NFL.

Cinnjerm
04-09-2010, 08:20 PM

Meh, at worst he get's suspended for a few games. Oh well :noidea:. It could turn out to be a blessing in disguise. At least that way Dixon would get a thorough field test.

Godfather
04-09-2010, 08:25 PM
A little more detail: The main reason charges won't be pursued is he didn't match the description. The accuser never mentioned him by name and said he was 6-5, 241.

Ben dropped by police headquarters and stepped on the scale.

Cinnjerm
04-09-2010, 08:31 PM
You know, it sucks thinking that as fans even after he's exonerated we're still going to have to hear the shit talking about our QB being a rapist. Not looking forward to that, but as long as they're winning I guess I don't care.

BlastFurnace
04-09-2010, 08:34 PM
You know, it sucks thinking that as fans even after he's exonerated we're still going to have to hear the shit talking about our QB being a rapist. Not looking forward to that, but as long as they're winning I guess I don't care.

We've been accused of paying off refs for the past 5 years....oh well, I guess they will have something else to say about us now.

stillers4me
04-09-2010, 08:35 PM
A little more detail: The main reason charges won't be pursued is he didn't match the description. The accuser never mentioned him by name and said he was 6-5, 241.

Ben dropped by police headquarters and stepped on the scale.

Snap!

stillers4me
04-09-2010, 08:36 PM
We've been accused of paying off refs for the past 5 years....oh well, I guess they will have something else to say about us now.

I console myself pictures of six shiney trophies.

pancake
04-09-2010, 08:39 PM
About what? You can't suspend a player because someone accused him of something that obviously had no merit.

I agree with you, but I still think there could be some repercussions from Goodell to make an example of BB.

HometownGal
04-09-2010, 08:49 PM
I think he has to consult with Robert Kraft first before he makes his decision.

LMAO!!!!! :toofunny::toofunny::thumbsup:

If true - excellent news! :hope:

Prok
04-09-2010, 08:58 PM
I am so ready to move on the real football news... :tt04:

You can say that again. I still am a bit nervous but this certainly eases me ALOT.

Prok
04-09-2010, 09:00 PM
I'm thinking Goodell will suspend him a game or 2 as well. He'll look to set example imo.

MACH1
04-09-2010, 09:03 PM
If true..GREAT. But, do you think it will make a difference as to Ben getting suspended by the league, if not the Steelers ?

Ummmmmm...NO he won't or shouldn't get suspended.

HometownGal
04-09-2010, 09:18 PM
I'm thinking Goodell will suspend him a game or 2 as well. He'll look to set example imo.

That simpleton didn't look to set an example with the Cheats* other than a measly fine which was chump change to both Kraft and Beliprick. Who really knows if they ever paid those fines? :noidea: How can he in good conscience lower the boom on Ben if he isn't charged with a crime? There are no fines or jail time imposed by the courts for getting a hummer in a bar shithouse. Probably half of the judges on the bench in this country have gotten the brizzie while on the taxpayer dollar.

Prok
04-09-2010, 09:32 PM
That simpleton didn't look to set an example with the Cheats* other than a measly fine which was chump change to both Kraft and Beliprick. Who really knows if they ever paid those fines? :noidea: How can he in good conscience lower the boom on Ben if he isn't charged with a crime? There are no fines or jail time imposed by the courts for getting a hummer in a bar shithouse. Probably half of the judges on the bench in this country have gotten the brizzie while on the taxpayer dollar.

Good points HTG. I just don't trust Goodell though. I think alot of ppl will scream racism and favortism if he doesn't at least give Ben a game or two suspension.

Even without charges, this is still the second time such a thing happened. Not saying I agree with it as I don't. But goodell is a prick IMO.

stillers4me
04-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Dang....I'm so going to enjoying watching Jerry Jone's head explode when Goodell hands Ben that trophy this year. :chuckle:

SMR
04-09-2010, 09:49 PM
Dang....I'm so going to enjoying watching Jerry Jone's head explode when Goodell hands Ben that trophy this year. :chuckle:

You and me both!

:applaudit:

Prok
04-09-2010, 09:55 PM

haha

I'll be enjoying watching clowns fans in agony when he has to hand Ben the MVP trophy too.

:tt:

steeldawg
04-09-2010, 10:05 PM

suspend him for what?

stillers4me
04-09-2010, 10:05 PM
suspend him for what?

Exactly.

polamalubeast
04-09-2010, 10:07 PM
suspend him for what?

Roger Goodell sucks:coffee:

Prok
04-09-2010, 10:12 PM
suspend him for what?

I'm tellin' ya goodell is a dickhead imo. He'll suspend him just for having 2 seperate accusations against him.

I don't trust the guy one bit.

BigBen'sSwagger
04-09-2010, 10:14 PM
If he can suspend Big Ben for a simple allogation then we need to start some allogations of our own.

Prok
04-09-2010, 10:14 PM
BTW i peeped into the other message boards i used to frequent and surprise the haters think he got off the hook or bought his way out. Well, those few who have bothered to post on the matter. So glad i ain't goin' back to those mb's.

:tt:

steeldawg
04-09-2010, 10:16 PM
I'm tellin' ya goodell is a dickhead imo. He'll suspend him just for having 2 seperate accusations against him.

he will not suspend him over unproven allegations Ben wasnt even arrested

steeldawg
04-09-2010, 10:18 PM

And besides goodell said he was waiting for the outcome of the case before making any decisions so with the charges being dropped it wouldnt make sense to suspend him.

steel9guy
04-09-2010, 10:21 PM
well now we still have that other case to worry about in Nevada. lol. but Goodel can't suspend him though. No proof he did a thing.

steeldawg
04-09-2010, 10:24 PM
well now we still have that other case to worry about in Nevada. lol. but Goodel can't suspend him though. No proof he did a thing.

No the case in nevada is just a civil suit and im guessing you will get a civil suit from this girl too

pancake
04-09-2010, 10:28 PM
Maybe Goodell will just meet with Ben and give him a high five... :drink:

devilsdancefloor
04-09-2010, 10:28 PM
i wilo feel alot better monday after Mr Bright (anyone see in irony in that name?) say "no charges filed". SO i will wait for the celebration then.

Prok
04-09-2010, 10:54 PM
i wilo feel alot better monday after Mr Bright (anyone see in irony in that name?) say "no charges filed". SO i will wait for the celebration then.

Good point. I don't think ESPN would put it on front page without being sure they are correct though.

Steely McSmash
04-09-2010, 10:54 PM

It's not a legal thing. It's a private company and they can make ridiculous judgements as they see fit. According the conduct policy, it doesn't seem that there are grounds for suspension though.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2798214

My guess is that he's going to have a meeting with Goodell so there can be a photo-op of Goodell being a dickhead.

Shea
04-09-2010, 11:12 PM

Me too.

I hope this bears out to be true but whose to say the source was reliable?

And it's not as if ESPN hasn't ever gotten anything wrong when reporting a story.

Monday we'll know for sure.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-09-2010, 11:34 PM
Well this is good news.

Ben won't be suspended. If there was not enough evidence to bring charges, then it was a frivolous accusation and you can't be suspended because someone lied to the police saying you committed the crime.

fansince'76
04-09-2010, 11:40 PM
Gee, I'm going to miss the regular two to ten new threads daily about "The Saga."

Prok
04-09-2010, 11:44 PM
Was listening to that Roger Cossak (sp) earlier and he said multiple ppl told him there were inconsistancies in the girl's story. Wondering what they were.

I can't wait for all the facts to come out on this case. And I still can't believe the investigators kept so much from leaking out.

Gotta give those guys credit. They did their jobs well imo. Just took em' wayyyyyyyyyyy too long for my likings. lol

Shea
04-09-2010, 11:50 PM
Gee, I'm going to miss the regular two to ten new threads daily about "The Saga."

Don't you know that something else will crop up and you'll be in the same thread-producing boat?

fansince'76
04-09-2010, 11:53 PM

Exactly. According to the more "mentally challenged" amongst other fanbases, the Steelers have never won a big game legitimately. Before we were "buying off the refs" we were the only team in the league that used steroids (I mean, wasn't Jack Lambert's 210-lb frame and 30-inch waist a dead giveaway?) and won due to that. :rolleyes:

polamalubeast
04-09-2010, 11:55 PM
Exactly. According to the more mentally challenged amongst other fanbases, the Steelers have never won a big game legitimately. Before we were "buying off the refs" we were the only team in the league that used steroids and won due to that. :rolleyes:

And in 1978 the steelers have won only because of jackie smith:coffee::wink02:

polamalubeast
04-10-2010, 12:02 AM
And for my part, the negative comments from others on the steelers make me laugh now.

I was insulted by the comments after the super bowl against the Seahawks, but now it makes me laugh when they say the world has only Agagna Due referees, luck.

He still has former Raiders players they still have not digested the immaculate reception..:doh::tt03::coffee::toofunny::rofl:

Fire Haley
04-10-2010, 12:04 AM
I was just getting used to Dixon as our QB.

vindrow
04-10-2010, 01:04 AM

There are 5 letters that would be all up Goodell's ass if he tries to suspend Ben:

NFLPA

steelerdude15
04-10-2010, 01:16 AM
This is good news to hear, as I said from the beginning, innocent until proven guilty. As I've been saying for a while now, there is no evidence to prove him guilty. Now, for him to be "punished" by the NFL I feel is a little uncalled for. Many have said he should think more clearly, while I agree with that statement, we just can't tell him what to do... which I'm not saying anyone on this site is or I hope I don't come off like that. Anyways, many people I know say he shouldn't be going to clubs, well here's my thing, if we tell him to stop going to clubs, then we have to tell ALL twenty eight year olds to stop going to clubs and we have to tell all fifty year olds to stop going to bars. So we really can't tell him to stop going to bars/clubs or whatever because he can do whatever he likes. Like I said though, I like the fact that it will finally be announced he's innocent.

Gnutella
04-10-2010, 02:12 AM
I'm going to make a custom bumper sticker that reads, "Ben Roethlisberger raped your defense."

Nicolle62
04-10-2010, 03:25 AM
i hope this story is correct. ill be so glad when its over. and i hope that this girl comes forward and apologises to Ben for putting him through so much. i think its time she stood up.

MACH1
04-10-2010, 03:27 AM
I was just getting used to Dixon as our QB.

And I was just getting used to having a 50/50 season at best.

Steelerfreak58
04-10-2010, 05:07 AM
Little 20 year old **** gold digger still will get paid... Civil court still must be paid... go AMERICA!!! :mad:

Galax Steeler
04-10-2010, 05:12 AM
Lets just keep a hoping this story is true and Ben is cleard.

Rick5895
04-10-2010, 05:58 AM
Hopefully this is true, I certainly beleive it is. Hopefully this latest accusation and circus surrounding it wises ben up and he lays low for quite some time.

pete74
04-10-2010, 06:10 AM
i have hears this from multiple sources so i am assuming its true. obviously it dosnt mean ben or the girl lied, all it means is there was not enough evidence for the DA to charge him. ben needs to learn from this experiance and stop hanging out with college girls. one more accusation will almost certainly be his last as a steeler.

with that said i am glad to have our QB back and hopefully we can get that 7th ring this year with ben under center

Burghfan58
04-10-2010, 09:01 AM
Here's hoping the ESPN report is true and no charges are filed. I do beleive that Goodell will mandate that Ben attend some sort of behavioral classes, whatever that may be for a 28 year old with excessive testostorne and poor judgement issues.:thumbsup:

GutterflowerSteel
04-10-2010, 09:16 AM

That would rock lol :tt02:

StainlessStill
04-10-2010, 09:58 AM
BACK

TO

FOOTBALL!:tt04:

Steelers17
04-10-2010, 10:03 AM
Fred Bright Speaks Out!

"I don't know where they're getting that information. I haven't announced anything yet," Bright told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette."I'll make my announcement at 2 p.m. Monday." :noidea:

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/04/09/decision-on-roethlisberger-case-to-be-annnonced-monday/?ncid=txtlnkusspor00000002

LVSteelersfan
04-10-2010, 01:38 PM
Ben will not be suspended for allegations with no basis of truth. This girl could not even positively identify who it was that did the alleged crime. That is ridiculous. How could she possibly be partying all night with Ben's entourage and could not positively identify Ben as the culprit. Freakin' gold digger.

siss
04-10-2010, 01:59 PM
Fred Bright Speaks Out!

"I don't know where they're getting that information. I haven't announced anything yet," Bright told the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette."I'll make my announcement at 2 p.m. Monday." :noidea:

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2010/04/09/decision-on-roethlisberger-case-to-be-annnonced-monday/?ncid=txtlnkusspor00000002

He's just saying that cause ESPN stole his thunder!

Gnutella
04-10-2010, 02:09 PM
Suddenly I'm expecting charges to be pressed against him. I mean, something has to go wrong, doesn't it?

Prok
04-10-2010, 02:11 PM
Suddenly I'm expecting charges to be pressed against him. I mean, something has to go wrong, doesn't it?

It's the Steelers fans way of life. Expect the unexpected. lol

truesteelerfan
04-10-2010, 02:32 PM
There is absolutely no way possible he should be suspended. No charges, means he didn't nothing wrong in a legal sense. Bad judgement doesn't equal suspension by the league.

If he is suspended, its just another reason why Goodell is an idiot.

Steelers>NFL
04-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Ben should count his lucky stars if this is true.
Now it is time to grow the hell up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Prok
04-10-2010, 04:56 PM
BTW anyone else here get the feeling that one Fred Bright will have some harsh words for Big Ben monday?

I gotta feeling that we could see these type of words "not enough evidence, Mr. Roethlisberger should have granted second interview" being thrown around if indeed it's true there will be no charges.

:doh:

PalmerSteel
04-10-2010, 05:02 PM
if he ends up not getting charged, he needs to thank his blessings, be more responsable in his environments, and a swift kick in the dick if he doesnt realize how quickly things can be taken away from him since he is who he is, whether deserving or not.

steeldawg
04-10-2010, 05:04 PM
BTW anyone else here get the feeling that one Fred Bright will have some harsh words for Big Ben monday?

I gotta feeling that we could see these type of words "not enough evidence, Mr. Roethlisberger should have granted second interview" being thrown around if indeed it's true there will be no charges.

:doh:

it's not the DA's position to lecture anyone especially if he cant collect evidence to even file charges. I mean whats he gonna say ?

Prok
04-10-2010, 06:16 PM
it's not the DA's position to lecture anyone especially if he cant collect evidence to even file charges. I mean whats he gonna say ?

I understand all that. But imo this DA wants his name in the headlines a little longer. i'm sure he'll have some choice words for all parties involved with this case. I still don't understand why he couldn't call for a PC immediately upon making his decision. Makes no sense to me to drag things out when you know what you're gonna do. :noidea:

tony hipchest
04-10-2010, 06:28 PM
florio is on a roll today (keep in mind, this is no new news or insight, just florio trying to pile on the s. holmes possible 4 game suspension)-

.Roethlisberger not out of woods if no criminal charges filed

06:30 AM ET 04.10 | If Ben Roethlisberger does not face criminal charges in the case which was investigated in Georgia, he could still feel the long arm of Roger Goodell and the league's Personal Conduct Policy. The policy clearly states that "It is not simply enough to avoid being found guilty of a crime. Here is the clause that could be used to describe the Steelers' quarterback's situation: "Instead, as an employee of the NFL or a member club, you are held to a higher standard and expected to conduct yourself in a way that is responsible, promotes the values upon which the League is based, and is lawful." Roethlisberger could also face a civil suit brought by the alleged victim if criminal charges are not filed.

Profootballtalk.com

steeldawg
04-10-2010, 08:02 PM
I understand all that. But imo this DA wants his name in the headlines a little longer. i'm sure he'll have some choice words for all parties involved with this case. I still don't understand why he couldn't call for a PC immediately upon making his decision. Makes no sense to me to drag things out when you know what you're gonna do. :noidea:

He cant have harsh words for ben how would that make the georiga police and the gbi look? basically saying we know you did something wrong but were to dumb to piece it together. Besides ben is prominent member of that small community , the DA will submit his decision and that will be that.

Nicolle62
04-10-2010, 08:09 PM
just saw this on another forum. its good to see

PG Sports online editor Dan Gigler caught up with Ben Roethlisberger as he and a young woman left the Ichiban Steakhouse and Sushi Bar in Wexford about 30 minutes ago. When asked about the ESPN report, Roethlisberger politely declined to comment. Big Ben opened the passenger car door for the young woman, then got into the white BMW with black tinted windows and drove off.

Two restaurant employees said later that he seemed in a good mood and was polite and affable with the staff.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6887:big-ben-sighting&catid=58:steelers&Itemid=155

zulater
04-10-2010, 08:13 PM
just saw this on another forum. its good to see

PG Sports online editor Dan Gigler caught up with Ben Roethlisberger as he and a young woman left the Ichiban Steakhouse and Sushi Bar in Wexford about 30 minutes ago. When asked about the ESPN report, Roethlisberger politely declined to comment. Big Ben opened the passenger car door for the young woman, then got into the white BMW with black tinted windows and drove off.

Two restaurant employees said later that he seemed in a good mood and was polite and affable with the staff.

http://plus.sites.post-gazette.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=6887:big-ben-sighting&catid=58:steelers&Itemid=155

Oh geez, I hope it was his sister. :doh:

stillers4me
04-10-2010, 08:21 PM
Oh God. I hope he gets her to sign a waiver first.

SMR
04-10-2010, 09:00 PM
Ben should count his lucky stars if this is true.
Now it is time to grow the hell up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

INDEED!

stillers4me
04-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Oh geez, I hope it was his sister. :doh:

I bet his stepmom fixed him up with a nice girl from her church. :coffee:

SMR
04-10-2010, 09:02 PM
Oh God. I hope he gets her to sign a waiver first.

:rofl:

JCPsteelers
04-11-2010, 11:49 PM
2PM ET according to nfl network we find out what happens to our starting QB . Might as well trade his ass too for another 5th while were at it

Bring back Kordell.. :sofunny:

memphissteelergirl
04-12-2010, 09:29 AM
If this is indeed true, and as a result Goodell does not hand down a league suspension, I wonder if the Rooneys will have some internal disclipinary actions in mind. Otherwise, this rather bizarre Holmes trade (and I'm not making any judgements...obviously there was something going on between Holmes and the FO we don't know about, but it was just SO out of left field) is going to look rather lopsided....trade one troubled player and not the other??

Just sayin'. :noidea:

Steelers17
04-12-2010, 10:40 AM
Fred Has Three Choices Available:

"Mr. Bright has several options. He can drop the case if he believes the evidence does not prove that a crime was committed. He can go before a grand jury in pursuit of felony charges of sexual assault, punishable by a mandatory minimum of 25 years in prison. Or he can file a misdemeanor charge of sexual battery, "the nonconsensual touching of a person's body in a sexual manner," and ask Mr. Roethlisberger to surrender to authorities." :noidea:

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10102/1049721-455.stm