PDA

View Full Version : Sources: Santonio Holmes facing four-game suspension

M.C. Smith
04-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Sources: Santonio Holmes facing four-game suspension
Posted by Mike Florio on April 10, 2010 11:24 AM ET

Late Friday afternoon brought good news for the Pittsburgh Steelers, with the report from ESPN that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger won't be charged with sexual assault in Milledgeville, Georgia.

Now for the bad news.

Multiple sources have advised us that receiver Santonio Holmes is facing a four-game suspension under the league's substance-abuse policy. It's presently unknown whether Holmes tested positive for a prohibited substance or committed some other violation of the policy, such as missing a required test. It's our current understanding that the internal NFL appeals process has not been finalized.

Under the substance-abuse policy, a four-game suspension comes after multiple violations. The fact that Holmes, the MVP of Super Bowl XLIII, is facing a four-game suspension means that Holmes previously has paid a fine in the amount of three seventeenths of his base salary (i.e., three game checks).

Though we're not aware of the specific identity of the substance involved, Holmes has a history with marijuana. In 2008, he was cited for marijuana possession, prompting the Steelers to suspend him for one game with pay. Recently, he posted on Twitter a message indicating an intention to "wake n bake," slang for smoking marijuana upon getting out of bed.

Holmes also has recently been accused of throwing a drink in the face of a woman at an Orlando nightclub. The alleged victim has both sued Holmes and pursued criminal liability, after indicating on the scene that she did not want to press charges. His lawyer has denied the accusations, recently claiming that a witness has signed a sworn statement taking responsibility for throwing the drink. The suspension Holmes faces arose independently of this alleged incident.

Link: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/10/sources-santonio-holmes-facing-four-game-suspension/

polamalubeast
04-10-2010, 12:18 PM
:banging::banging::banging::banging::banging::mad:

austinfrench76
04-10-2010, 12:23 PM
I's a huge Santo guy BUT we cannot resign him so why not trade him for a 2nd round pick while we can get some value? We have Hines, Wallace, ARE, Battle and potentially Sweed. Pick up another reciever in the 2nd round with that pick? Im just sayin....

Godfather
04-10-2010, 12:25 PM
If this is true, we need to trade him to Washington. They'll overpay for him.

stillers4me
04-10-2010, 12:28 PM
While I have no problem with cutting or trading Santonio if this is true, the main reason I hope it's not is so Florio looks like an idiot. Which is not hard to do.

pete74
04-10-2010, 12:51 PM
i just read this on yahoo and couldnt belive it. we should of traded him a month ago when his stock was high. like i have been saying before all this sh1st went down, holmes will not be a steeler in 2011. there is not a doubt in my mind he will be gone. hopefully we can still get a 2nd round pick for him.
this definatly will effect the amount of money he gets from his next contract

steel striker
04-10-2010, 12:53 PM
why can't our guys stay out of trouble? Makes no sense to me.

OX1947
04-10-2010, 01:13 PM
I'm sorry, but this whole thing is bullcrap. Now these guys have to live like prisoners because any jerk-off who comes within 5 feet, can pretty much say these guys did something and it would become the written word. Celebrity or not, I think this is garbage. A man should have the right to go out, have sex with women and have a drink at a club. No one knows anything in this case. NOTHING, anyone could have thrown a glass, saw Holmes in the area and said we can get a pay off. So now, Holmes has to never go to a club, never have a drink, never have a spat with his wife, because WE THE PUBLIC will judge him. And worse of all, Roger Goodell. I would have told everyone to go eff themselves by now and said, you kn ow what, you are going to believe whether its true or not, so, stick it. This is America, free country. If you aren't molesting children, scamming or murdering people, or any other law breaking things, you should be allowed to live how you wish. Celebrity or not.

Fire Haley
04-10-2010, 01:18 PM
We're covered

April 7 player visit

Oklahoma State wide receiver Dez Bryant (6-2, 225)
Notre Dame wide receiver Brandon Tate (5-10, 200)

CantStop85
04-10-2010, 01:47 PM
I'm sorry, but this whole thing is bullcrap. Now these guys have to live like prisoners because any jerk-off who comes within 5 feet, can pretty much say these guys did something and it would become the written word. Celebrity or not, I think this is garbage. A man should have the right to go out, have sex with women and have a drink at a club. No one knows anything in this case. NOTHING, anyone could have thrown a glass, saw Holmes in the area and said we can get a pay off. So now, Holmes has to never go to a club, never have a drink, never have a spat with his wife, because WE THE PUBLIC will judge him. And worse of all, Roger Goodell. I would have told everyone to go eff themselves by now and said, you kn ow what, you are going to believe whether its true or not, so, stick it. This is America, free country. If you aren't molesting children, scamming or murdering people, or any other law breaking things, you should be allowed to live how you wish. Celebrity or not.

He's facing a suspension for violating the league's substance abuse policy...not for the club incident.

Edman
04-10-2010, 01:50 PM
Oh well.

That's why 2010 will be his last season in Pittsburgh. It just isn't worth the baggage and trouble.

Prok
04-10-2010, 02:25 PM
Nice to see florio piss on our parade again......

Seems every single time we get a bit of good news this jackass gets gets some 'info' to damper things. Bet he couldn't type it out fast enough.

steelerdave1969
04-10-2010, 02:27 PM

Mr Striker, in my own opinion it all starts with the Head Coach. Tomlin needs to put a Stop to the Crap. He needs to put down some rules and stick by them.This group is spreading apart and now is the time when we find out how good a coach we have in Tomlin. Bill Cowher would have never stood for this in my opinion.

BlastFurnace
04-10-2010, 02:29 PM
"That's how you be Great"

If this is true...Goodbye Santonio. I predict he won't play a down for us this season.

Thanks for the catch in SB XLIII

I love the way you play, but that's about it.

BlastFurnace
04-10-2010, 02:31 PM
Mr Striker, in my own opinion it all starts with the Head Coach. Tomlin needs to put a Stop to the Crap. He needs to put down some rules and stick by them.This group is spreading apart and now is the time when we find out how good a coach we have in Tomlin. Bill Cowher would have never stood for this in my opinion.

Tomlin seems like a pretty straight laced guy. I don't think it's on Tomlin. I just think we have two guys that put themselves in bad situations over and over again. Unfortunately, they are two of our best players.

Steelers>NFL
04-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Tomlin seems like a pretty straight laced guy. I don't think it's on Tomlin. I just think we have two guys that put themselves in bad situations over and over again. Unfortunately, they are two of our best players.
2 bad apple does not make a bad bushel.
It is all on Ben & Tone. All others are good!

BlastFurnace
04-10-2010, 03:03 PM
2 bad apple does not make a bad bushel.
It is all on Ben & Tone. All others are good!

I guess we are in agreement then.

SteelCityMom
04-10-2010, 03:04 PM
Not saying this isn't true....but it would be a much more credible story if Florio and his sources weren't breaking it. No judgement from me till I hear something from a real news source.

I wonder if Terry Bradshaw is still dead.

Galax Steeler
04-10-2010, 03:06 PM
I don't understand some of these guys. They know the policy and the rules of the NFL and state laws. Ben has been in trouble twice in one year and now Holmes twice within what a week or so. I say if Holmes violated the substance abuse policy then he should be on his way out of Pittsburgh. I think we should trade him before the draft this year and pick up a extra second round pick. Not to mention we could move up in the first round. As for Ben if he is found guilty then he to should be out the door but if he is innocent on both accounts I hope we keep him and he should not be suspended.

pete74
04-10-2010, 03:08 PM

What are you talking about? Did you even read the 1st post

Galax Steeler
04-10-2010, 03:09 PM
What are you talking about? Did you even read the 1st post

Agreed :toofunny:

KartSteel
04-10-2010, 03:48 PM
I'm sorry, but why is he going to get suspended for substance abuse? I don't remember any of these reports indicating that he was found with drugs or drank excessively. You're going to tell me that he's going to get suspended because he had an alcoholic drink in his hand? This is absolutely CRAZY!!!! If the reports are right that show that he had nothing to do with what this woman is charging him for, then obviously he did nothing wrong & should not even have to visit the commissioner's office. It's not his fault she decided to see a money ticket in him. If this happens, then Goodell is one of the biggest dictators out there. You can't suspend someone for having a drink. When the players go home & have a drink does that mean now that they are going to get suspended? Or is he getting suspended because Goodell is going to make an example out of him, which again is dictatorship. That's just my opinion though, but let's get real!!!!

BlastFurnace
04-10-2010, 03:52 PM
I'm sorry, but why is he going to get suspended for substance abuse? I don't remember any of these reports indicating that he was found with drugs or drank excessively. You're going to tell me that he's going to get suspended because he had an alcoholic drink in his hand? This is absolutely CRAZY!!!! If the reports are right that show that he had nothing to do with what this woman is charging him for, then obviously he did nothing wrong & should not even have to visit the commissioner's office. It's not his fault she decided to see a money ticket in him. If this happens, then Goodell is one of the biggest dictators out there. You can't suspend someone for having a drink. When the players go home & have a drink does that mean now that they are going to get suspended? Or is he getting suspended because Goodell is going to make an example out of him, which again is dictatorship. That's just my opinion though, but let's get real!!!!

If he gets suspended, it won't be for alcohol..it will be for a banned substance.

tony hipchest
04-10-2010, 03:52 PM
he was busted with weed in 2008. the team suspended him and he apologized. doesnt matter if he wasnt charged or found guilty by a court of law. he admitted guilt and was subsequently placed in the leagues substance abuse program for 2 years.

being that he likes hanging out in florida partying, working out, playing video games, and focusing on building up his twitter reputation, i would think he blew off a mandatory piss test.

= 4 game suspension.

no ifs, ands, or buts, about it.

Prok
04-10-2010, 03:53 PM

This has nothing to do with him being at a night club. Sheesh some of you should read more....

They are reporting he is being suspended for testing positive for banned substances? They drug-test NFL players year-round IIRC ??

stillers4me
04-10-2010, 03:55 PM

My first thought was.........:doh:

Now it's just.......:chuckle:

steeltheone
04-10-2010, 04:22 PM
We need to get rid of this bum. But His trade value could not be lower...

steeldawg
04-10-2010, 04:54 PM

oh stop! the head coach cannot babysit these guys they are grown men

smokin3000gt
04-10-2010, 05:03 PM

So far it's been nothing but dropped charges and false allegations. These guys have no control over that unless they live like a hermit. When you're high profile, problems find you. It's just the way it goes.

Psyychoward86
04-10-2010, 05:05 PM
I look at this in a positive light: Now we can REALLY see what Wallace is made of! And whatever receiver(s) we may draft in a couple of weeks.

Im kind of excited actually

SMR
04-10-2010, 05:13 PM
I look at this in a positive light: Now we can REALLY see what Wallace is made of! And whatever receiver(s) we may draft in a couple of weeks.

Im kind of excited actually

I'm in the same boat. About Holmes, cut him looooooose!

lillloyd
04-10-2010, 05:16 PM
I think if there was any doubt at all that SH wouldn't be resigned, this ends it. It's a shame because 1) he's a big game playmaker and 2) this potentially makes it a priority to draft a receiver in the first 3 rounds, and we have enough other needs as it is.

OT -- anyone else see the bumped 2-year old Harrison thread and think that Harrison got arrested again? That shouldn't be allowed--I nearly had a heart attack. :banging:

Psyychoward86
04-10-2010, 05:20 PM
I'm in the same boat. About Holmes, cut him looooooose!

I prefer pick up a 1st and 5th round pick for him :thumbsup:

BlastFurnace
04-10-2010, 05:34 PM
I prefer pick up a 1st and 5th round pick for him :thumbsup:

If Arizona could only get a 3rd and 4th for Boldin, no way are we going to get a 1st and 5th for a guy with character flaws like Holmes.

+NuBbS+
04-10-2010, 05:35 PM
i love me some santonio. but this is definitely not worth the drama. i'd trade for a second round pick if i was management. send him to tampa bay or miami. he's a good player and i respect him but he needs to pull his act together. i got all the faith in the world that mike wallace can replace him and have a 1000 yard season if needed.

Psyychoward86
04-10-2010, 05:39 PM
i love me some santonio. but this is definitely not worth the drama. i'd trade for a second round pick if i was management. send him to tampa bay or miami. he's a good player and i respect him but he needs to pull his act together. i got all the faith in the world that mike wallace can replace him and have a 1000 yard season if needed.

he was facing nickel corners all season long. That, and the fact that Hines and Santo routinely faced double coverage (and dont forget Heath Miller was a threat for the opposing defense) really opened things up for Wallace. Im really excited to see what Wallace could do as a starter anyways, even though he might be as overwhelmingly successful as some might thing.

nikstar
04-10-2010, 05:55 PM
Let's not forget, he's a superbowl championship, winning catch, M.V.P., FORMER drug dealer, turned his life around superstar.

He is one of my favourite players in NFL and on the team. Although obviously he cannot be getting suspended for any reason, if it weren't against NFL policy I would be perfectly o.k. with Holmes smoking pot, hell I'm no NFL player, but I am a university student, and I sure smoke a hell of a lot of it.

IF weed were legal, he could smoke it and it would be fine, it's not, and he's an NFL star who will be getting tested, so he can't. Ward/Tomlin/Rooney/Insert authoratative coaching figure here must sit him down and let him know if he can't be doing this stuff while he's in a Steeler Uniform. I personally know how hard it is of a habit to kick, and if he can't do it and continue to play for my favourite NFL team, Well than come on down to Canada sir, you can wear the Canadian B&G and play for my hometown Hamilton Tiger Cats, and smoke all the j's you want.

"gangsters get chubby and move to miami, potheads die of cancer"

rick723
04-10-2010, 06:16 PM
WAKE UP PEOPLE!
If as stated in the press, someone else threw the drink in that woman's face, Santonio CAN NOT be suspended for something he did not do. NOW will all of you SEA LAWYERS STFU!! Your word means NOTHING, NADA, ZIP! Tired of reading all you assbags Lets cut him, Bench him. All that bullshit is getting old.

Prok
04-10-2010, 06:21 PM
WAKE UP PEOPLE!
If as stated in the press, someone else threw the drink in that woman's face, Santonio CAN NOT be suspended for something he did not do. NOW will all of you SEA LAWYERS STFU!! Your word meand NOTHING, NADA, ZIP! Tired of reading all you assbags Lets cut him, Bench him. All that bullshit is getting old.

ok i'm officially with the poster who at first was like :doh: but now is all like :chuckle:

:chuckle:

AllD
04-10-2010, 07:57 PM
Holmes is a big play maker, however he cannot make any catches while on suspension.
You have to ask yourself if taking drugs or missing a test and failing with your personal responsibility is worth the cost. He might have the shortest career when he could have had the best.

SteelCityMom
04-10-2010, 07:59 PM
WAKE UP PEOPLE!
If as stated in the press, someone else threw the drink in that woman's face, Santonio CAN NOT be suspended for something he did not do. NOW will all of you SEA LAWYERS STFU!! Your word means NOTHING, NADA, ZIP! Tired of reading all you assbags Lets cut him, Bench him. All that bullshit is getting old.

Dude, reading is fundamental. You're officially the third person to go off on a tangent about the whole club thing. Please read the story...you may want to edit your post afterwards.

stillers4me
04-10-2010, 08:24 PM
You know, I just get this feeling that this is going to turn out to be something like, " I thought my agent arranged a different day for me to take the test and our wires got crossed." Not that he failed a test or that he got arrested (we would have heard about that before now). Just something stupid.

St33lersguy
04-10-2010, 08:30 PM
why can't Santonio get out of trouble? Just because his accusations of assaulting that woman was false doesn't give him the right to violate substance abuse policy

stillers4me
04-10-2010, 08:31 PM
why can't Santonio get out of trouble? Just because his accusations of assaulting that woman was false doesn't give him the right to violate substance abuse policy

We don't know that he has. :banging:

Florio?? Is that you?

mesaSteeler
04-10-2010, 08:51 PM
While I have no problem with cutting or trading Santonio if this is true, the main reason I hope it's not is so Florio looks like an idiot. Which is not hard to do.

Florio doesn't just look like an idiot, he is an idiot. I'll wait for a reliable source.

zulater
04-10-2010, 08:55 PM
Assuming the report is true, best to let him play out the final year of his contract ( after his 4 game suspension) figuring he'll play to prove his worth for his next contract. then let him walk and get the draft pick compensation.

Regardless, he's done as a Steeler after this season if not before.

Riddle_Of_Steel
04-10-2010, 09:11 PM
So wait a minute....we have a third-hand account from some joker on ProFootballTalk (which is not a credible source-- we have already established this in other threads), that gives no facts whatsoever, only vague references to some possible violation, and it sounds like y'all have already convicted him...

So what if he smoked some chronic-- he isn't hurting anybody? This is the offseason, isn't it? We don't even know if that is what even happened, or if there is any violation at all....

Prok
04-10-2010, 09:22 PM
Assuming the report is true, best to let him play out the final year of his contract ( after his 4 game suspension) figuring he'll play to prove his worth for his next contract. then let him walk and get the draft pick compensation.

Regardless, he's done as a Steeler after this season if not before.

I bet youre feeling mighty relieved, well, if the espn reports are true now huh? I know how upset you were with the whole Ben ordeal.

:drink:

Nadroj 20
04-10-2010, 09:24 PM
:banging:

Well hope its not true

steelerdude15
04-10-2010, 10:27 PM
Looks like Santonio is on his way out, time to cut him or trade him IMO.

steelreserve
04-10-2010, 11:04 PM
Hmm, well, maybe if this is true, it means Sweed gets one last 4-game audition to try and salvage his career.

fansince'76
04-11-2010, 12:10 AM
So wait a minute....we have a third-hand account from some joker on ProFootballTalk (which is not a credible source-- we have already established this in other threads), that gives no facts whatsoever, only vague references to some possible violation, and it sounds like y'all have already convicted him...

If it comes from The Media, it's gospel. :rolleyes:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-11-2010, 02:02 AM
suspended for what...not charged...not going to be charged

steelreserve
04-11-2010, 03:12 AM
suspended for what...not charged...not going to be charged

If you'd bothered to read any of the thread, you'd see that it had nothing to do with the nightclub incident; it was for testing positive for a banned substance.

Since there's still no confirmation of this from any "official" source, I guess it's still nothing more than a rumor ... but let's just say that knowing his affinity for weed, it wouldn't surprise me.

Steel-Bryan
04-11-2010, 03:45 AM
Trade Holmes while hes entering his prime ? Ok !

steelreserve
04-11-2010, 03:54 AM
Trade Holmes while hes entering his prime ? Ok !

Well, if the other rumors are true, he wants a diva contract and we won't be able to keep him after this season anyway. I don't really know what to believe. The only thing I can say for certain is that nothing positive has happened.

Galax Steeler
04-11-2010, 07:23 AM
Well, if the other rumors are true, he wants a diva contract and we won't be able to keep him after this season anyway. I don't really know what to believe. The only thing I can say for certain is that nothing positive has happened.

Hopefully we will get some positive news tomorrow from Big Ben.:thumbsup:

zulater
04-11-2010, 07:27 AM
I bet youre feeling mighty relieved, well, if the espn reports are true now huh? I know how upset you were with the whole Ben ordeal.

:drink:

I'll be relieved the moment it's official that Ben wont be charged. Remember ESPN is the only one reporting that it's certain no charges are pending. And if you remember ESPN reported pretty much the same with Mike Vick a week or so before all hell broke loose, so I'll reserve my relief until it's official.

zulater
04-11-2010, 07:31 AM

If the rumors are true he's pretty much forfeited that big payday that he seems to think he's entitled to. That's not to say he wont have his share of suitors on the open market if he makes it that far, but really who the hell is going to be stupid enough to give him a big up front signing bonus with his history?

stillers4me
04-11-2010, 09:12 AM
If the rumors are true he's pretty much forfeited that big payday that he seems to think he's entitled to. That's not to say he wont have his share of suitors on the open market if he makes it that far, but really who the hell is going to be stupid enough to give him a big up front signing bonus with his history?

Do you really need the list?? :noidea:

It's the only way Cincinnasti would ever have a superbowl mvp on their team.

SteelManiac55
04-11-2010, 11:17 AM
Hmmmm. This one seems a little strange.

Florio is the source. This has yet to be reported by the Post-Gazette, the Trib, ESPN, CNNSI, or any other legitimate news outlet (if you deem all of the prior listed to be legitimate, haha). Regardless, I'm not really buying this until someone other than Florio tosses it out there.

CantStop85
04-11-2010, 11:49 AM
Do you really need the list?? :noidea:

It's the only way Cincinnasti would ever have a superbowl mvp on their team.

Hey, we had Dexter Jackson for a while :chuckle:

LVSteelersfan
04-11-2010, 01:24 PM
WAKE UP PEOPLE!

THIS HAS NOTHING to do with the club incident and the thrown drink. Substance abuse violation has nothing to do with the club incident. They are two totally different animals. Geesh !!!!

http://copper-desert-llc.tripod.com/fail_boat.jpg

steelreserve
04-11-2010, 03:06 PM

I don't know ... the same people who give big contracts to guys like Plaxico Burress or T.O.? :noidea:

Atranox
04-11-2010, 03:28 PM
I just feel the need to post this after four absolutely retarded replies.

Please, people,

READ. THE. THREAD.

What he is not being suspended for - Club incident

What he may be suspended for - Banned substance

Thanks.

pete74
04-11-2010, 03:38 PM
the good news is he brought his price tag down by a few million dollars so we could probably afford to keep him now if we wanted to. i dont see any team offering him top 5 money that he thought he would get after this. the bad news is his trade value went down. we would only get a 3rd round pick for him now instead of a 2nd

pancake
04-11-2010, 03:56 PM
the good news is he brought his price tag down by a few million dollars so we could probably afford to keep him now if we wanted to. i dont see any team offering him top 5 money that he thought he would get after this. the bad news is his trade value went down. we would only get a 3rd round pick for him now instead of a 2nd

A Raiders 3rd round if they have one would be good if this story is true...

Psyychoward86
04-11-2010, 04:14 PM

lol. u honestly think he's worth only a 3rd round pick?

pancake
04-11-2010, 04:27 PM

You think if this is true that his worth hasn't dropped?

Prok
04-11-2010, 04:37 PM
Looks like florio is still the only one reporting this.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-11-2010, 04:39 PM

Mike Tomlin can't help what his players do in their free time. It's not his job to hold their hands and make sure they don't break the law. All the players are adults, it's their own responsibility to follow the laws of the United States (or any country they may be in) and the rules set forth by the National Football League and it's member clubs.

Prok
04-11-2010, 04:41 PM
Mike Tomlin can't help what his players do in their free time. It's not his job to hold their hands and make sure they don't break the law. All the players are adults, it's their own responsibility to follow the laws of the United States (or any country they may be in) and the rules set forth by the National Football League and it's member clubs.

Yeah and if ppl wanna blame coach Tomlin for any of this crap they may as well go a step further and blame coach Cowher for drafting them?

HometownGal
04-11-2010, 05:36 PM

:applaudit::thumbsup::applaudit:

Tomlin is an NFL HC not a babysitter. :banging:

stillers4me
04-11-2010, 05:38 PM
:applaudit::thumbsup::applaudit:

Tomlin is an NFL HC not a babysitter. :banging:

Sometimes I think that's one and the same. :drink:

pete74
04-11-2010, 05:55 PM

what do you think he is worth? if he fails again he could be looking at a half year to year suspension. you honestly think someone will give up a 1st rounder for someone with his track record with drugs? possible but very doubtful. i figured he was worth a 2nd rounder before he failed his drug test and that really dropped his value

Pittsky
04-11-2010, 05:58 PM
if this is true...cut the piece of trash...i'm sick of this nonsense. he has no respect for anything whatsoever...

pepsyman1
04-11-2010, 07:45 PM
It is still amazing to me after everything we've seen in the league over the last few years with guys being tossed out of the game for off the field behavior or for some type of substance abuse that there are still players that have absolutely no appreciation for how lucky there are and how cavalier they are about the expectations and rules that come with the job. If you're to the point that you've already been fined a significant part of your salary for substance abuse and now you are possibly facing a 4 game suspension for doing it AGAIN, then you're simply an idiot who doesn't deserve the opportunity to play a GAME for living in the highest profile league on the planet....let alone for its most storied team.

steeldawg
04-11-2010, 10:37 PM
Has anyone seen this reported anywhere else???? Seems like it would be a big deal but i havent seen espn or any of the networks reporting this yet..

stb_steeler
04-11-2010, 11:51 PM
i just read this on yahoo and couldnt belive it. we should of traded him a month ago when his stock was high. like i have been saying before all this sh1st went down, holmes will not be a steeler in 2011. there is not a doubt in my mind he will be gone. hopefully we can still get a 2nd round pick for him.
this definatly will effect the amount of money he gets from his next contract

Should of gotten rid of him right after last season, but who would of thought he was still on the tie-stick. Now he'll be worth nothing and the Steelers will have to deal with it, for now. :hunch:

Psyychoward86
04-11-2010, 11:53 PM

rofl, all of a sudden you look like a genius, and everyone including myself is wishing we got a 3rd rounder out of Santonio....

pete74
04-12-2010, 04:26 AM
rofl, all of a sudden you look like a genius, and everyone including myself is wishing we got a 3rd rounder out of Santonio....

i never thought we would only get a 5th for him though. we just gave him away. we could of at least traded him to the highest bidder. i was thinking 3rd or worst case scenerio 4th

SteelCityMom
04-12-2010, 10:25 AM
i never thought we would only get a 5th for him though. we just gave him away. we could of at least traded him to the highest bidder. i was thinking 3rd or worst case scenerio 4th

I was upset at first about it, but can see now why a 5th isn't so bad. I think they just wanted to get rid of him quickly (meaning I think we're going to find something out about him we didn't already know) and for a rental player who is going to want big money after this season, a 5th makes sense to me.