PDA

View Full Version : Ben's I'm sorry speech

siss
04-10-2010, 01:58 PM
You know it's coming.
Will he pull a Tiger and proclaim his religion again?
Will he get teary eyed?
Will he go to counseling?

I think it will go something like this:

I would like to apolize to my family, the entire steelers organization and the fans. I am aware that my actions, while not illegal, have hurt the team and I am truly sorry for that. I would like to apologize to my parents, because they taught me better then to participate in some of the activities that happened that night and I am even more sorry for disappointing them. I am 110% dedicated to this team and I look forward proving my dedication to this team in the offseason and beyond.

skinart82
04-10-2010, 02:03 PM
Why should he apologize? He didn't do anything wrong, especially to me. I hate it when celebrities think they need to say they are sorry. Did the REALLY do anything to hurt or change MY life........NO. Like Tiger Woods, apologize to your wife, not me.

siss
04-10-2010, 02:06 PM
He's not married!

Kaeg
04-10-2010, 02:08 PM
You gotta be careful with the "I'm sorrys". I think it can make you appear guilty-ish in the eyes of some people. Almost as if showing some sort of remorse. If you state them just right, maybe. But very careful wording. If I were Ben and I truly believed that I did absolutely nothing wrong, nothing that even resembled an apology would escape my lips. If I felt there maybe at least was some poor judgment on my part, It would be a very carefully worded apology.

steelerdave1969
04-10-2010, 02:10 PM
Why should he apologize? He didn't do anything wrong, especially to me. I hate it when celebrities think they need to say they are sorry. Did the REALLY do anything to hurt or change MY life........NO. Like Tiger Woods, apologize to your wife, not me.

First of all Skinart, the Steelers pay him ALOT of $$$ and if he owes anyone an appology its them. If they or anyone is gonna pay that kind of $$$ then he is gonna have to be a team player and take the blame on all the troubles he is doing, whether he assaulted her or not he has brought problems and bad attention to the org that is paying all that $$$ for him to play a game.

siss
04-10-2010, 02:12 PM
I think it will be more of an apology for being a distraction. They may not be illegal but irresponsible.

Fire Haley
04-10-2010, 02:15 PM
Couldn't this have waited till monday when we know for sure what charges will or won't be filed?

skinart82
04-10-2010, 02:30 PM
First of all Skinart, the Steelers pay him ALOT of $$$ and if he owes anyone an appology its them. If they or anyone is gonna pay that kind of $$$ then he is gonna have to be a team player and take the blame on all the troubles he is doing, whether he assaulted her or not he has brought problems and bad attention to the org that is paying all that $$$ for him to play a game.

So he should just sit at home under the covers with the lights out for the rest of his career? Dear God don't order a pizza, delivery driver may say you assaulted them. He's a man and a human before he's a Steeler. And don't get me wrong, I love Ben and I love the Steelers, but the guy is only 28, He's 3 weeks older than me, he isn't some dirty old man and he isn't married. It sucks that the woman he chose to spend time with decided to be spiteful and make false allegations against him!!!

siss
04-10-2010, 02:35 PM
So he should just sit at home under the covers with the lights out for the rest of his career? Dear God don't order a pizza, delivery driver may say you assaulted them. He's a man and a human before he's a Steeler. And don't get me wrong, I love Ben and I love the Steelers, but the guy is only 28, He's 3 weeks older than me, he isn't some dirty old man and he isn't married. It sucks that the woman he chose to spend time with decided to be spiteful and make false allegations against him!!!

No he shouldn't. But when his actions effect the rest of the team and are a distraction then yes he should apologize. The steelers gave him a lot of money to be the face of the franchise. They put faith in him that he was up for it. And all we have seen from his that he likes to party a little to much.

Prok
04-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Couldn't this have waited till monday when we know for sure what charges will or won't be filed?

True dat. Can't put the cart before the horse.

skinart82
04-10-2010, 02:43 PM
How do we know how often he likes to "party," maybe the poor guy goes out 3 times a year, just so happens one of those times some woman tries to screw up his life. I understand he is the face of the franchise, but he hasn't done anything wrong, he didn't stab anybody, he didn't kill dogs, hell he didn't even shhot himself in the leg. It's just my personal opinion, but I don't think he should apologize for anything!

Fire Haley
04-10-2010, 02:44 PM
The DA won't need a grand jury to indict Ben if he just wants to press charges for indecent exposure or some other misdemeanor.

Prok
04-10-2010, 03:44 PM
The DA won't need a grand jury to indict Ben if he just wants to press charges for indecent exposure or some other misdemeanor.

That's what i was wondering. I think this whole thing wreaks of a DA wanting the media all to himself monday. Coincedence it's the day AFTER the masters with Tiger Woods getting headlines?

There is absolutely no reason he couldn't have called a PC for today and have enough media assembled to get his findings out in the open IMO. He wants the spot-light.

SteelCityMom
04-10-2010, 04:00 PM
That's what i was wondering. I think this whole thing wreaks of a DA wanting the media all to himself monday. Coincedence it's the day AFTER the masters with Tiger Woods getting headlines?

There is absolutely no reason he couldn't have called a PC for today and have enough media assembled to get his findings out in the open IMO. He wants the spot-light.

Pshaw! He works for the government...they don't work on weekends. He's too busy smacking his balls into holes right now.

stillers4me
04-10-2010, 04:02 PM
I'm trying to stay positive. I mean, what could possibly go wrong??

Don't answer that..........

Prok
04-10-2010, 04:09 PM
I'm trying to stay positive. I mean, what could possibly go wrong??

Don't answer that..........

LOL

The way things have been going ya got a good point. I could kill the jackass DA for keeping us all in suspense for the weekend. lol

RoethlisBURGHer
04-10-2010, 07:10 PM
Apologize for what? If he can't be charged with sexual assault, then in my opinion he did nothing wrong as he and his lawyer have said since the accusations first came out.

Bluedust
04-10-2010, 07:26 PM
He doesn't need to apologize to me, he's young, go and screw as many girls as he wants, he's not married. I feel no need to push my morals onto him.

Shoes
04-10-2010, 07:44 PM
I think about 15 minutes in the wood shed with Aaron Smith is all that's necessary. :chuckle:

MasterOfPuppets
04-10-2010, 08:07 PM
Pshaw! He works for the government...they don't work on weekends. He's too busy smacking his balls into holes right now.

tbut yet he won't be accused of rape...go figure...:noidea:

Godfather
04-10-2010, 08:19 PM
So he should just sit at home under the covers with the lights out for the rest of his career?

No, but you can't do random hookups. He should have learned that lesson in Nevada...now he's been burned twice.

Steelers17
04-10-2010, 08:29 PM

I see where you are going here! Roger Cossack's ESPN OPINION and Fred Bright's reality may not be congruous. :noidea:

stillers4me
04-10-2010, 08:38 PM
I see where you are going here! Roger Cossack's ESPN OPINION and Fred Bright's reality may not be congruous. :noidea:

Not only that, they might not be the same.

:chuckle:

SMR
04-10-2010, 09:09 PM
True dat. Can't put the cart before the horse.

I second dat.

Riddle_Of_Steel
04-10-2010, 09:16 PM
No, but you can't do random hookups. He should have learned that lesson in Nevada...now he's been burned twice.
He hasn't been burned-- he hasn't even been charged. Big Ben can go out and drink and screw as many women as he likes-- that is his right. It isn't illegal, it isn't ammoral or unethical...he did nothing wrong. He's a 28 year old man who hooked up with a young woman in her twenties on his borthday. Big deal....