PDA

View Full Version : Stanley Cup Playoffs. Round One. Bring on the Sens!

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

HometownGal
04-24-2010, 09:22 PM
You and all of Pittsburgh.

I was hoping that shot he took to the head would rattle him a bit. :chuckle:

Unfortunately, I think the only thing that will rattle him in this game is an ice quake and the melting ice swallowing him up. :banging:

He just made another great save. What Steigy is saying is 100% right - the Pens need to get in position in front of the net to capitalize on the second chances.

WTH???? Geno was knocked into LeClaire!!! :jawdrop:

Hotrodder07
04-24-2010, 09:23 PM
Really?? They took that away? We better make up for it before this PP is over.

EDIT: Woo! We made up for that crappy call.

HometownGal
04-24-2010, 09:24 PM
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!! Billy G!!!! :applaudit: :banana: :banana:

3-2!

WH
GUERIN! YES

SteelCityMom
YESSSSSS!!!!! Billy G gets a PP goal!

So lucky Leclaires stick broke and he had a little dinky one.

Come on guys!

SteelCityMom
04-24-2010, 09:25 PM
This calls for a shot of tequila!

HometownGal
04-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Take that doubters!!!

I rag on Letang a lot but he came through in a HUGE way here! :hatsoff:

SteelCityMan786
04-24-2010, 09:27 PM
Take that doubters!!!

I rag on Letang a lot but he came through in a HUGE way here! :hatsoff:

HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Now please Penguins, help yourselves out here again. TIE THE GAME!!!!!!!

Hotrodder07
04-24-2010, 09:31 PM
We're all over them right now, but we just can't get one behind LeClaire.

Frustrating game.

WH
04-24-2010, 09:33 PM
stop shooting it into his breadbasket.

SteelCityMom
04-24-2010, 09:35 PM
WOOOOOOOO!!!!!

COOKIE MONSTER!!!

WH
whooOoooooooooooooooooooooooo cooke!

HometownGal
Lots of time left to get the tie. :hope: Whether it's this game or back in our house - I believe in these guys. :drink:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt Cookie POO!!!! :applaudit:

Take that again DOUBTERS!!!

HometownGal
04-24-2010, 09:36 PM
Gee - where did all of the naysayers go? :noidea: :chuckle:

Hotrodder07
Matt Cooke! Awesome!! :thumbsup:

HometownGal
Memo to Pens D:

Keep the guys in red away from Fleury!!!

That is all.

tony hipchest
04-24-2010, 09:37 PM
:tt02:

SteelCityMom
04-24-2010, 09:37 PM
Lots of time left to get the tie. :hope: Whether it's this game or back in our house - I believe in these guys. :drink:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Matt Cookie POO!!!! :applaudit:

Take that again DOUBTERS!!!

:chuckle:

I know I'm one of the doubters...but getting the frustration out early makes it that much sweeter when they pull something out of their butts lol. Thanks for staying positive HTG.

One more...just get one more!

HometownGal
04-24-2010, 09:39 PM

I know I'm one of the doubters...but getting the frustration out early makes it that much sweeter when they pull something out of their butts lol.

One more...just get one more!

No, No. I don't view you as a doubter at all SCM. You're usually very positive and have supported this team through thick and thin. I myself have become frustrated but not to the point where I ever give up on this team and I don't believe you have ever gotten to that point either. :drink:

SteelCityMan786
Anyone notice that the video the Senators played was one that featured that little kid who imitated Herb Brooks?

Anyone forget to tell them that the coach of that team who won the Miracle on Ice is also a former coach of the Pittsburgh Penguins?????

HAHAHAHAHA FAIL OTTAWA!!!

steelpride12
YESSSS YESSS YESSSSSS!!! Wooo Pens tie it up and Matt Cooke is just on fire and the Pens have tied it up because we believe!

OH X-T where are you. Pens tied it up ANDDD Your hated Cooke looks great this series key player for our Pens!

3 to 3 LETS GO PENS!

SteelCityMan786
04-24-2010, 09:40 PM
Gee - where did all of the naysayers go? :noidea: :chuckle:

What? We have naysayers? :sofunny:

HometownGal
04-24-2010, 09:40 PM
Mario is smiling. That is a good sign. :hope:

WH
04-24-2010, 09:41 PM
I only doubt Staal (for no reason)

I hope you're not hating on me.

HometownGal
04-24-2010, 09:42 PM
What? We have naysayers? :sofunny:

Whelp - naysayers until the Pens win and they know a crow pie is waiting for 'em. :chuckle:

SteelCityMan786
04-24-2010, 09:43 PM
Whelp - naysayers until the Pens win and they know a crow pie is waiting for 'em. :chuckle:

haha well said HTG. Well Said. :thumbsup:

HometownGal
04-24-2010, 09:43 PM
I only doubt Staal (for no reason)

I hope you're not hating on me.

I'm not hatin' on you or anyone really. I just can't stand FWF's and especially those who call others out for it. That just chaps my ass. :mad:

HometownGal
04-24-2010, 09:45 PM
:applaudit: Fleury! :applaudit:

Stand tall here guys!

WH
04-24-2010, 09:45 PM
That just chaps my ass. :mad: that can't feel good.

SteelCityMan786
04-24-2010, 09:46 PM
I'm not hatin' on you or anyone really. I just can't stand FWF's and especially those who call others out for it. That just chaps my ass. :mad:

They didn't develop the term bandwagoners for nothin'!!

HometownGal
04-24-2010, 09:47 PM
We're going to OT. Pretty impressive for a team that was down 3-0 pretty early in the game. :thumbsup:

Let's finish 'em off once and for all our boys of winter. :hope: :drink:

SteelCityMom
04-24-2010, 09:48 PM
Looks like another OT game comin' up...Gonna just glue my fingers crossed from now on lol.

Gonna go pray to Jose that they can pull this one out and end this series tonight. Don't fail me Jose!

tony hipchest
04-24-2010, 09:49 PM
man, i sure hope this isnt another 3OT. especially with the ton of pucks in net and reviews, lately. :nervous:

lets end this shit NOW!

HometownGal
04-24-2010, 09:49 PM
They didn't develop the term bandwagoners for nothin'!!

I call 'em out at the games and I call 'em out on here. The only thing that burns my ass more is hearing supposed "fans" booing their own team. :mad:

steelpride12
04-24-2010, 09:50 PM
Very impressive boys come back from a 3-0 deficit and tie it up with all the momentum on the road. That's the Pens motto and they will finish it tonight in OT! Who's with me!? LETS GO PENS!:drink:

X-T you grouch where are youuuu!?

HometownGal
04-24-2010, 09:50 PM
man, i sure hope this isnt another 3OT. especially with the ton of pucks in net and reviews, lately. :nervous:

lets end this shit NOW!

AMEN hipcheese! :drink: Stick around - you may be our good luck charm! :applaudit:

WH
04-24-2010, 09:52 PM
Guerin is a hoot by the way. I would love to hang out with that guy.

HometownGal
Very impressive boys come back from a 3-0 deficit and tie it up with all the momentum on the road. That's the Pens motto and they will finish it tonight in OT! Who's with me!? LETS GO PENS!:drink:

X-T you grouch where are youuuu!?

You know I'm with you buddy! :drink: :applaudit::thumbsup:

Hotrodder07
Alright. Let's end this series now. I'm sick of Ottawa just barely scraping out wins against us. Gotta finish it tonight.

WH
04-24-2010, 09:53 PM
http://www.empireonline.com/images/features/movie-finishing-moves/finish-him-header.gif

HometownGal
04-24-2010, 10:03 PM
LETS GO PENS!!!!

SteelCityMan786
04-24-2010, 10:05 PM
http://www.empireonline.com/images/features/movie-finishing-moves/finish-him-header.gif

uhhhhhh WHAT HE SAID!!!!

HometownGal
04-24-2010, 10:05 PM
Robbed by The Flower! :applaudit: :hatsoff:

Way to stand strong Marc!

HometownGal
04-24-2010, 10:09 PM
OMG!!! That was sooooooooooooo close! :banging:

Keep on shooting!!

SteelCityMan786
04-24-2010, 10:11 PM
OMG!!! That was sooooooooooooo close! :banging:

Keep on shooting!!

Leclaire will have to break eventually.....AGAIN

Hotrodder07
04-24-2010, 10:11 PM
If we can just keep up this kind of pressure and intensity, we'll finish this series very soon.

Couple close calls already, and we're only 6 minutes in.

HometownGal
04-24-2010, 10:12 PM
Pens on fire and doing a great job of keeping it in their OZ! :applaudit:

WH
04-24-2010, 10:16 PM
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOO

HometownGal
OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DUPUIS DUPUIS DUPUIS!!!!! :applaudit: :applaudit: :banana: :hatsoff:

Oh doubters - where are u? :laughing:

SteelCityMom
Yessss!!! Pascal Dupuis!!!!

<object width="960" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ARy1PR1VAkg&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ARy1PR1VAkg&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="960" height="745"></embed></object>

Thank you Jose...thank you.

steelpride12
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!! PENS WIN PENS WIN!!! Series over baby Dupuis rips it in the net 6 games amazing!!!

HometownGal
04-24-2010, 10:17 PM
Never - EVER - give up on these guys. They believed in themselves and look at the end result!

Congrats Pens - well done! :hatsoff: :banana:

HometownGal
04-24-2010, 10:18 PM
I have MAD respect for LeClaire - he was just awesome. :drink:

Hotrodder07
What a shot! Dupuis wins the series for us!

Great rally Penguins! Down 3-0 in Ottawa with our backs against the wall, and we find a way to win. Amazing! :tt03:

See ya, Sens! :wave:

steelpride12
Doubters have left the building and umm X-T you have some explaining to do! Oh im just joking with you great game and comeback for the Pens next round here we come YAAAY PENS!

WH
hey sutton and spezza, Johnny Cash has a message for you........
http://www.indiancomedian.com/JohnnyCash.jpg

HometownGal
Bye bye Spezza and Sutton - you overrated egomaniacs. :wave: :laughing:

tony hipchest
04-24-2010, 10:20 PM
i had to break out my jersey and purple wizard rally hat for OT. i knew it would work!

HometownGal
04-24-2010, 10:20 PM
Me loves my pumpkin-face Cookie! :hug: :love: XT loathes him but the guy has been such a great addition to this team and he's definitely a keeper. :thumbsup:

Dupuis - you're amazing! :applaudit: :hatsoff:

WH
04-24-2010, 10:21 PM
smoke, Brush teeth, going to bed.

See you all next week.

We need to find a chat room or something.

HometownGal
04-24-2010, 10:22 PM
:wave: :wave: :wave:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1324/1398724556_c22e7266fd.jpg

HometownGal
04-24-2010, 10:22 PM
smoke, Brush teeth, going to bed.

See you all next week.

We need to find a chat room or something.

A pleasure as always WH. :drink:

Sleep well.

JCPsteelers
04-24-2010, 10:24 PM
Wow, what a comeback tonight!!

On to the next round..

Pittsky
04-24-2010, 10:25 PM
i love how other players are stepping up big time....dupuis, cooke, staal....yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!! 2nd round!

St33lersguy
04-24-2010, 10:39 PM
Oh my god it is just like game 6 against the Flyers last year. 3-0 hole on the road to win the quarterfinals in 6 games. Bye Bye Sens

X-Terminator
04-24-2010, 11:07 PM
I honestly and truly have nothing to say.

OK, nevermind, I have plenty to say. I should just turn in my colors right now, because I'm clearly no fan. Hell, I'll even give up my ticket to the Pens game in the next round, because I don't deserve to be there. A real fan does not give up on his team, and once again, I allowed my frustrations to do exactly that.

Kudos to all of you who didn't give up, and 1 million jeers to me for turning into what I can't stand - a fair-weather fan.

Pittsky
04-24-2010, 11:15 PM

OK, nevermind, I have plenty to say. I should just turn in my colors right now, because I'm clearly no fan. Hell, I'll even give up my ticket to the Pens game in the next round, because I don't deserve to be there. A real fan does not give up on his team, and once again, I allowed my frustrations to do exactly that.

Kudos to all of you who didn't give up, and 1 million jeers to me for turning into what I can't stand - a fair-weather fan.

Hey, you made a mistake...everyone does. At least you own up to it and hopefully learned from it....Go Pens!!!!

Shea
04-24-2010, 11:37 PM
Everyone on XT's ass for the rest of the playoffs - it's obviously a winning formula! (Just playin, XT. :wink02:)

(Seriously guys ...... let's do it! :chuckle:)

4 wins down, 12 to go .......

SteelCityMan786
04-24-2010, 11:58 PM
At least you own up to it XT unlike some of the people that exhibit those behaviors consistantly.

steelpride12
04-25-2010, 12:10 AM
Oh X-T your one of the most loyal on here just you do what the rest of us all confess to doing and that's getting frustrated and saying some "silly" things!
We all had faith in this series and tonight and the Pens proved they are ready to move on with a great comeback win!

This team I swear is back to old form as they were last season at this time. We are getting contributions from our big guns(Sid, Malkin), but also the secondary scoring which is huge proved by a big part the underrated Cooke who had an amazing series coming strong with 3 goals and 1 assist im pretty sure and Dupers scoring our game winner and contributing as well!

Fluery is still strong. I think he was weak at time, but good enough to win in 6 against a very strong Sens team who brought it even with injury and won us another series!

Im confident for the next round and thanks to everyone for the great conversations as we cheered on our beloved PENS!

LETS GO PENS!

Shea
04-25-2010, 12:16 AM
We all know where XT is coming from.

Hell, even I was nervous for the majority of the game tonight.

I just think we should pick on him from here on out - it might bring us some luck. :hope: :chuckle:

JCPsteelers
04-25-2010, 12:19 AM

yeah my step father gave up and decided to watch some movie after we fell down 3-0.. I text him back and told we tied it at 3 and he responded yeah right.. A minute later, he text back and said, wow we did tie it.. Too funny..

Just goes to show to never give up on a Crosby led team..

steelpride12
04-25-2010, 12:25 AM
This Pens team just knows how to win and in the biggest situations being down and on the road they thrive the best! This team is ready for a repeat and should get healthy win plenty of rest before round 2! Everyone show that Pens pride and let's cheer our team on to another Stanley Cup!

Indo
04-25-2010, 12:37 AM

Be at ease, my son (ok, where's Preacher when you need him ? ) . Go say 15 Rosarys, contemplate the evening's events , then

GET YOUR HEAD BACK IN THE GAME!!
WE'RE TAKIN' THIS THING BABY!!

Fire Haley
04-25-2010, 12:48 AM
Had em alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllll the way!

Pens in 6, just like I perdicted.

steelpride12
04-25-2010, 12:59 AM
Had em alllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll llllllllllllllllll the way!

Pens in 6, just like I perdicted.

Same here called in 6! :drink:

steelerdude15
04-25-2010, 01:31 AM
Very happy to see the Pens come with a win tonight, very excited for the next round.

OneForTheToe
04-25-2010, 04:04 AM
Just got to say wow...... that is all.

HometownGal
04-25-2010, 06:15 AM
Same here called in 6! :drink:

Add me to the "called in 6 mix"! :drink:

In OT, the Pens smelled blood in the water and weren't going to leave Ottawa until they had that series wrapped up! I'm so proud of these guys and their determination and resiliance! :applaudit: :hatsoff:

steelpride12
04-25-2010, 10:21 AM
Now if all goes according to plan we will have the winner of Boston/Buffalo. Any thoughts?

I think the Pens match up well with both and can move on to the Eastern Conference Finals!

X-Terminator
04-25-2010, 11:42 AM
Now if all goes according to plan we will have the winner of Boston/Buffalo. Any thoughts?

I think the Pens match up well with both and can move on to the Eastern Conference Finals!

The Pens were 3-1 against both teams this year and they do match up well with both. Boston plays good defense, but they don't score a lot of goals, and the reason why they are up 3-2 against Buffalo is because the Sabres don't score a lot of goals either, especially with Vanek out of the lineup. Plus, after Chara, their back-end is average at best, and the Pens should be able to take advantage of that. Tuukka Rask will have to stand on his head for Boston to have any chance, which he is certainly capable of doing, but even then, it may not matter if the Bruins can't score goals themselves. As for Buffalo, they have a lot of speed and a great goalie in Miller, but not much else after that. As I mentioned earlier, their offense takes a big hit with Vanek being out. Their defense is mobile and an overall better unit than Boston's, but they're not overly physical and seem to have trouble with hard forechecking teams. Plus, the Pens have absolutely owned Miller throughout his career - the only game the Sabres won this season was with Patrick Lalime in goal after the Pens had chased Miller. But he is capable of raising his game to another level, so you can't expect the Pens to have the same success as they've had against him in the regular season. All in all, I'd rather play Boston than Buffalo, but they should be able to handle either one of them (probably Buffalo since they'd have to start on the road, and they play better on the road than at home). They can still play the Flyers or Habs too, so it's not set in stone.

SteelCityMom
04-25-2010, 11:48 AM

Depending on how things work out...

If the Caps and Boston win, we'll get Boston.

If the Sabres and Caps win, we'll get the Sabres.

If the Habs and Boston win, we'll get the Habs.

If the Habs and Sabres win, we'll get the Flyers.

I like our chances with any of those teams. I think they'd all be winnable series. I think I would prefer Boston or the Flyers though.

WH
04-25-2010, 11:53 AM
I don't want to watch the Pens beat the Flyers up again, it's getting old.

steelpride12
04-25-2010, 12:29 PM
Well as much as I want the Caps to lose, I just don't see them losing two straight games so I think they are a lock to win their series. Now Buffalo and Boston that is a good 3 to 2 series and Buffalo can easily tie it up for a game 7 because Vanek is their offense and they are average at best without him. Myers on their defense is one excellent looking rookie and Miller speaks for himself so the Sabres would be a much tougher opponent, but we match well against both and I like the Pens chances. I guess we will see how this plays out in the next few day im excited to see our next opponent!

LETS GO PENS!

Indo
04-25-2010, 12:59 PM

I disagree

It NEVER gets old!:thumbsup:

SteelCityMom
04-25-2010, 01:57 PM
I disagree

I'm with you...I never get tired of watching the Pens put a whoopin' on Philly.

Indo
04-25-2010, 02:06 PM
BTW, Mods---we need some Hockey smilies

just sayin'...

steelpride12
04-25-2010, 02:10 PM

just sayin'...

Agreed! :thumbsup:

HometownGal
04-25-2010, 05:24 PM

just sayin'...

You'll have to request that from the boss himself. Gary and I don't have the "smiley adding powers". :chuckle: For the record - I wholeheartedly agree! :thumbsup:

I think I'd prefer playing Boston, as well. Though the Flyers are our bitches, even with their injuries, they can be dangerous. Hey - whoever the Pens end up playing, I BELIEVE!

LETS GO PENS!

WH
04-25-2010, 06:00 PM
I disagree

yeah, you're right, i doesn't. :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

HometownGal
04-25-2010, 06:03 PM
Sorry HTG, but I'll be positive if and when the Pens start playing like the Pens again, and if they win game 7. Until then, I don't have much reason to be positive. I have not liked what I've seen from this team AT ALL tonight.

Well - did you like what you saw at 9:56 in OT last night? :chuckle: How 'bout 2 goals? :chuckle:

Are we going to feel some positive vibes from you from here on out? Inquiring minds want to know. :wink:

steelpride12
04-25-2010, 06:11 PM
Well - did you like what you saw at 9:56 in OT last night? :chuckle: How 'bout 2 goals? :chuckle:

Are we going to feel some positive vibes from you from here on out? Inquiring minds want to know. :wink:

Poor X-T hehe gotta love pickin on the guy! :chuckle:

WH
04-25-2010, 06:27 PM
Don't HTG and XT sit next to each other at Penguin games?

X-Terminator
04-25-2010, 07:02 PM

I'm still not Cooke's biggest fan, but hey, I'll give credit where credit is due. He came up HUGE when it was needed the most. He's a good player when he's not being a dirtbag - I've never questioned that.

I think you will see positive vibes from me from now on. I'm still going to get frustrated when the team isn't playing as well as they're capable of - that can't be helped - but I'm not going to give up until the clock strikes zero and they're either eliminated or they're hoisting the Cup again. The team doesn't quit, so I shouldn't either.

Yes we do, and believe me, I'm never going to hear the end of this...and deservedly so, I might add. :wink02:

WH
04-25-2010, 07:29 PM
Yes we do, and believe me, I'm never going to hear the end of this...and deservedly so, I might add. :wink02:
At least she doesn't hate Jordan Staal.....

steelpride12
04-25-2010, 10:06 PM
At least she doesn't hate Jordan Staal.....

Yes, but someone on here sure does because he is a "bum"! :chuckle:

WH
04-25-2010, 10:08 PM
Yes, but someone on here sure does because he is a "bum"! :chuckle:

hey, sounds like a smart man...whoever he is.

Shea
04-25-2010, 10:46 PM
hey, sounds like a smart man...whoever he is.

Smart?? The jury is still out on that one ...... :chuckle:

His knowledge of hockey is making them have some serious doubts. :hide:

OneForTheToe
04-26-2010, 12:17 AM

That would never get old to me. It's like watching a guy get hit in the *alls with a football. No matter how may times you see it, it's a classic.:chuckle:

Shea
04-26-2010, 12:21 AM
Canucks advance and the Coyotes are in a game seven situation against the Wings.

Plus the Caps haven't put away the Habs so that should be a good game.

All in all, nothing beats playoff hockey!

I'm pumped. :banana:

Love this time of the hockey year!

steelerdude15
04-26-2010, 12:25 AM

just sayin'...
Yes, we need some hockey smilies, that would be really cool.

steelpride12
04-26-2010, 01:20 AM
Yes Shea Hockey Playoffs are the absolute best and nothing beats a game 7. It would be even better with a Wings loss and Caps pressured to a game 7!

WH
04-26-2010, 01:41 AM
Smart?? The jury is still out on that one ...... :chuckle:

His knowledge of hockey is making them have some serious doubts. :hide:

Steel cage. :cya:

HometownGal
04-26-2010, 07:08 AM

We share partial season tix and go to most games together. We're bumping up to full season tixs next year. :thumbsup:

Ask XT about a game last year where he started his FWF'ism shit when the Pens were down 3 goals (don't remember the opponent) and he said the game was "over". I told him I never give up on these guys and he just shook his head. Not only did the Pens tie the game, but won it and when he went to stand up to cheer on the winning goal, I yelled at him to sit his FWF ass down and told him he didn't deserve to cheer them. :laughing: :laughing:

WH
04-26-2010, 08:18 AM
FWF?

HometownGal
04-26-2010, 09:20 AM
FWF?

Fair Weather Fan.

steelpride12
04-26-2010, 09:23 AM
Poor X-T is never going to live this one out. I can just imagine him and HTG at a game and her kicking his ass when he a comment about the Pens losing!

HometownGal
04-26-2010, 10:01 AM
Poor X-T is never going to live this one out. I can just imagine him and HTG at a game and her kicking his ass when he a comment about the Pens losing!

XT and I are good. :drink: He just knows that I don't put up with bandwagon hoppers or FWF's and when he acts like a FWF, he's going to hear about it. :chuckle: My late Dad always instilled in us that you support your teams through thick and thin and never give up on 'em and I've carried that mantra with me throughout my life and instilled it in my own kids and now my grandsons. :thumbsup:

I also don't deal well with Negative Neds or Nancy's and believe that positive vibes (and attitude) really can work wonders whether supporting your sports teams or life in general. :thumbsup:

X-Terminator
04-26-2010, 10:43 AM
We share partial season tix and go to most games together. We're bumping up to full season tixs next year. :thumbsup:

Ask XT about a game last year where he started his FWF'ism shit when the Pens were down 3 goals (don't remember the opponent) and he said the game was "over". I told him I never give up on these guys and he just shook his head. Not only did the Pens tie the game, but won it and when he went to stand up to cheer on the winning goal, I yelled at him to sit his FWF ass down and told him he didn't deserve to cheer them. :laughing: :laughing:

I remember that quite well - you rode my ass the whole way home too! :laughing: You'd think I'd have learned my lesson then, but no...I had to be hard-headed. :banging:

Who said she had to wait until we were at a game to do that? :wink02::chuckle:

HometownGal
04-26-2010, 10:47 AM
I remember that quite well - you rode my ass the whole way home too! :laughing: You'd think I'd have learned my lesson then, but no...I had to be hard-headed. :banging:

YOU hard-headed? Say it aint so! :laughing: :wink:

Who said she had to wait until we were at a game to do that? :wink02::chuckle:

Better wear ass pads the next time I see you - you're going to need 'em. :laughing: :buttkick:

steelpride12
04-26-2010, 11:01 AM
XT and I are good. :drink: He just knows that I don't put up with bandwagon hoppers or FWF's and when he acts like a FWF, he's going to hear about it. :chuckle: My late Dad always instilled in us that you support your teams through thick and thin and never give up on 'em and I've carried that mantra with me throughout my life and instilled it in my own kids and now my grandsons. :thumbsup:

I also don't deal well with Negative Neds or Nancy's and believe that positive vibes (and attitude) really can work wonders whether supporting your sports teams or life in general. :thumbsup:

Yupp my grandpa taught me that as well. He was hot headed and always seemed mad at the teams, but in the end he never lost trust or support even when losing big or odds' were all against them! :thumbsup:

Oh I think next game you guys go to X-T your in for your ass woopin after what you said during game 6 hehe I feel for you good luck! :chuckle:

steelpride12
04-26-2010, 11:28 AM
Oh yeah before Supa Fly Steelers got his ass banned again I remember him saying the Kings would win the Cup and Pens getting swept by the Sens. I wish he was here now to answer that one!

HometownGal
04-26-2010, 11:45 AM
Oh yeah before Supa Fly Steelers got his ass banned again I remember him saying the Kings would win the Cup and Pens getting swept by the Sens. I wish he was here now to answer that one!

I'm sure he reads the board as a Guest. :chuckle: Shame about him - I liked the kid but da rules is da rules.

If the Pens get home ice advantage for Round 2 :hope:, we'll have 2 games and will most likely go to the first one and sell the tix for the second. The parking and eats get expensive at the arena if we'd go to all of the playoff games we bought. :horror:

As long as he doesn't start the gloom and doom FWF crapola, his rump will be spared from my Size 8-1/2. :chuckle:

Indo
04-26-2010, 12:26 PM
In hockey, as in football,

IT AIN'T OVER 'TIL ELVIS LEAVES THE BUILDING!

HometownGal
04-26-2010, 06:53 PM
In hockey, as in football,

IT AIN'T OVER 'TIL ELVIS LEAVES THE BUILDING!

Darned tootin'! :applaudit::thumbsup:

Whelp - at about 9:30 PM or so tonight, we'll know who we'll be facing in Round #2 and where we'll be starting the series.

Though I really don't like the Habs one bit, I hope they smash the hell out of The Ugaloo and his teammates. :hope:

*choke* *gag* LETS GO HABS! :puke:

Here's also to the Bruins smacking down the Sabes! :drink: :hope:

steelpride12
04-26-2010, 07:19 PM

Whelp - at about 9:30 PM or so tonight, we'll know who we'll be facing in Round #2 and where we'll be starting the series.

Though I really don't like the Habs one bit, I hope they smash the hell out of The Ugaloo and his teammates. :hope:

Yes please Habs make this 7 games. Just listening to their fans gives me chills. a Constant dull roar and when they head into the offensive zone it sounds like someone just scored the best in the league IMO. :thumbsup:

steelpride12
04-26-2010, 07:27 PM
Habs up 1 to 0 :popcorn:

SteelCityMan786
04-26-2010, 07:28 PM

Not necessarily HTG. Because if one or both of teams with 2 wins get a W(Unless it's the caps, in that case we'll have an idea), then we will have to wait until Wednesday.

I could for a Buffalo and Montreal win tonight to ensure whoever plays Pittsburgh they're beat up.(Although the only teams they could face are the Flyers, Bruins, or Sabres)

steelpride12
04-26-2010, 07:29 PM
HABS UP 2 to 0! Don't blow it!

steelpride12
04-26-2010, 07:50 PM
2 to 0 after the first period excellent start Habs!

SteelCityMom
04-26-2010, 08:20 PM
Holy crap Halak is playing out of his mind tonight! 28 saves already with about 12 minutes left in the 2nd. He just made a wicked save on a short Ovi breakaway. The look off surprise and sheer disappointment on Cavemans face was priceless lol.

Go Habs Go!

steelpride12
04-26-2010, 08:22 PM
Holy crap Halak is playing out of his mind tonight! 28 saves already with about 12 minutes left in the 2nd. He just made a wicked save on a short Ovi breakaway. The look off surprise and sheer disappointment on Cavemans face was priceless lol.

Go Habs Go!

Yes he is playing great and will the entire second half of this game. No shots for the Habs in the second halfway through!

Indo
04-26-2010, 08:23 PM
Halak is just giving the Caveman a clinic on goaltending

A thing of beauty

Fire Haley
04-26-2010, 08:31 PM
Halak is killing them - he's having an amazing game.

Boston is beating Buffalo 2-0 also.

SteelCityMan786
04-26-2010, 08:35 PM
I think my heart was just warmed by the Candians fans. I just heard such beautiful words chanted by them. Oh what my they be you say?

OVIE SUCKS!

Welcome to Crosby's World where everyone wants to say the same crap about him Novie.

steelpride12
04-26-2010, 08:39 PM
Under 2 minutes left in the second with a Habs PP coming come on put one more in!

SteelCityMom
04-26-2010, 08:42 PM
Yes he is playing great and will the entire second half of this game. No shots for the Habs in the second halfway through!

Well, they finally got a couple more shots...but only have 13 in the game so far! That's unreal.

They're doing a good job at creating turnovers in their own zone, but can't get much going at all in the Caps zone. Though Lapierre did have a nice breakaway (which Varly stopped).

Hope the Habs can hold on cause they've played well all series in Washington and if it goes to game 7 I think they have a good chance of pulling off an upset.

HometownGal
04-26-2010, 08:49 PM
I'm stoked! Craps losing to the Habs 2-0 and the Bruins taking it to Buffalo 2-1 at the end of two! :banana: :applaudit:

:upyours: Ovechkin.

SteelCityMom
04-26-2010, 09:07 PM
And LaPierre scores to make it 3-0 Habs!

Shots are 37-16 in favor of the Caps and they are scoreless lol. I LOVE IT!

polamalubeast
04-26-2010, 09:09 PM
:applaudit::applaudit::tt03::tt03:

HometownGal
04-26-2010, 09:28 PM
:banana: :applaudit: :banana:

I don't feel as dirty cheering for the Habs as I did rooting on the Cryers, but I still think I'll wash up after the game. :yuck:

SteelCityMom
04-26-2010, 09:30 PM
Awwww....they finally got one past Halak after 52 shots.

The Habs still don't have 20 shots yet lol.

Boston is up 4-2 in the final minutes of that game. Barring a miracle, Boston will move on.

HometownGal
04-26-2010, 09:37 PM
WOO HOOOOO!!! :applaudit: WTG Habs! :thumbsup:

http://thefanaticalfan.files.wordpress.com/2008/09/alex-ovechkin.jpg

87 > 8

SteelCityMom
04-26-2010, 09:38 PM
It'll take 7...54 SOG to 21 SOG and the Habs just got an empty netter to go up 4-1. Absolutely insane game. Not a huge Habs fan, but that would be one heck of a fun game to attend. WTG Habs.

And to the Craps...here's your new theme song....

<object width="960" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/w8pAYLJa6do&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/w8pAYLJa6do&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="960" height="745"></embed></object>

JCPsteelers
04-26-2010, 09:39 PM
Halak played out of his mind in this one..

HometownGal
04-26-2010, 09:43 PM
Separated at birth?

http://ghostradio.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/humpty_dumpty_doll.jpg

AND

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2007/12/27/PH2007122702696.jpg

X-Terminator
04-26-2010, 09:43 PM
Halak flat-out ripped this one off. One goal allowed on 54 shots...absolutely unbelievable. And now we get a game 7. Come on Habs, get it done!!!!

So now we know the Pens will play either Boston or Montreal, and will have home-ice advantage in round 2.

HometownGal
04-26-2010, 09:44 PM
Bruins beat the Sabes to take the series! :applaudit: :thumbsup:

EDIT: Forgot that we could still play the Habs, but I'll take the home ice! :banana:

polamalubeast
04-26-2010, 09:45 PM
Separated at birth?

http://ghostradio.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/humpty_dumpty_doll.jpg

AND

http://media3.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/photo/2007/12/27/PH2007122702696.jpg

:toofunny:

Edman
04-26-2010, 10:04 PM
If Montreal actually pulls this off, the 4th seeded Penguins will be the top seed in the Eastern Conference. Holy Crap.

If Montreal Wins, it's Pens vs. Habs in Round 2. Bruins play Philly.
If Washington Wins, it Pens vs. Bruins in Round 2. Caps play Philly.

Fire Haley
04-26-2010, 10:05 PM
Caps are in deep doo-doo.

I love game 7's when we're not in them

JCPsteelers
04-26-2010, 10:08 PM
Yeah we got the home ice for the next round regardless..

blackhawks/predators had 7 goals in the 1st period.. wow.

kind of a weird footnote that means nothing but: The Predators have had the same coach for all of their existence (1998). Barry Trotz... Kind of strange a coach has that much time with one team and not really won much..

X-Terminator
04-26-2010, 10:22 PM
So when is our first game? May 2nd?

We won't know for sure until Wednesday, but I've heard that it'll be this weekend.

JCPsteelers
04-26-2010, 10:34 PM
So when is our first game? May 2nd?

On Direct TV Versus channel guide it shows NHL Hockey semifinal on thursday. .

I doubt that will happen now since game 7 will on Wed night for caps/canadians.

I have to think game 1 of eastern conference semi will start Friday night for one and Sat night for the other..

steelpride12
04-27-2010, 12:40 AM
Ya these playoffs so far are just playing out great for the Pens and watching the Caps lose tonight ALMOST makes it perfect. If they could just choke a little harder and lose game 7 that would make my season, behind of course another Stanley Cup, but we already have home ice for sure next round and im not worried about Montreal or the Bruins!

Wish the Blackhawks would have lost, but not just cheering for A Phoenix win tomorrow!

steelpride12
04-27-2010, 12:58 AM
Great to see these guys will be healthy for series # 2! :thumbsup:

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=527132

Penguins' Kennedy, Leopold back on the ice
Monday, 04.26.2010 / 4:31 PM / Penguins vs Senators - 2010 Stanley Cup Conference Quarterfinals
NHL.com
12Share
Some time off for the Pittsburgh Penguins could mean the return of two regulars to the lineup.

Forward Tyler Kennedy and defenseman Jordan Leopold skated Monday with the hope they could return when the second round of the playoffs start.

Leopold hasn't played since suffering a head injury on a hit by Ottawa defenseman Andy Sutton in Game 2 of the first-round series.

Kennedy hasn't played since suffering a lower-body injury in Game 4 against the Senators, when Sutton hit him along the boards.

"It's too early to say if and when they might be back," Penguins coach Dan Bylsma told the team's Web site. "They are progressing. They are doing better. They are doing more and more off the ice. We'll take every day and hopefully we'll get more healthy. We'd love to insert those guys into the lineup come Game 1 (of the next round)."

Jay McKee had played well in replacing Leopold, earning a plus-2 rating in four games. He had been paired with Alex Goligoski.

Veteran Ruslan Fedotenko played in Kennedy's regular spot in Game 5, on a line with Jordan Staal and Matt Cooke. Rookie Chris Conner entered the lineup in Game 6, skating on a line with Mike Rupp and Craig Adams, as Pascal Dupuis -- who scored the game-winning goal -- sliding into Kennedy's spot with Staal and Cooke.

WH
04-27-2010, 06:42 AM
Can't spell Ovechkin without choke.

Hahahahahaha

steelpride12
04-27-2010, 11:24 AM
We will know Wednesday for sure now. If the Caps win we get Boston which should be an interesting series because Savard will be back and as well if the Habs win we get them and their hot goaltender!

Fire Haley
04-27-2010, 12:23 PM

good news!

Fedotenko is useless - we should have kept Satan

stlrtruck
04-27-2010, 12:46 PM

good news!

Fedotenko is useless - we should have kept Satan

I'm sorry but Fedotenko proved himself in the Finals last year. I'm sure he'll find himself again and show his usefulness during these year's playoffs.

X-Terminator
04-27-2010, 02:09 PM
I'm sorry but Fedotenko proved himself in the Finals last year. I'm sure he'll find himself again and show his usefulness during these year's playoffs.

Sorry, but I have to agree. When the team decides to use Chris Conner, a call-up from the Baby Pens, over Fedotenko, that says they are not happy at all with his performance. Remember, it was Fedotenko who flubbed the clearing attempt in game 5 that led to Peter Regin's goal to tie the game right after Sid had given them the lead. Unless there are injuries, I doubt he sees the ice again this postseason.

steelpride12
04-27-2010, 02:29 PM
Sorry, but I have to agree. When the team decides to use Chris Conner, a call-up from the Baby Pens, over Fedotenko, that says they are not happy at all with his performance. Remember, it was Fedotenko who flubbed the clearing attempt in game 5 that led to Peter Regin's goal to tie the game right after Sid had given them the lead. Unless there are injuries, I doubt he sees the ice again this postseason.

Yupp agreed and his contract is up at the end of the season I think so that will be the end of his time in Pittsburgh!

stlrtruck
04-27-2010, 03:08 PM

I'm just not as quick to write him off, although I can understand why many have done that. He was huge last year and maybe he just needs that Jim Thome slump buster to help him perform better :noidea:!

If he doesn't get back in, and the Pens continue to win I definitely won't be upset. It's just a shame to watch someone who had things going for him all of a sudden be unproductive.

steelpride12
04-27-2010, 03:15 PM
I'm just not as quick to write him off, although I can understand why many have done that. He was huge last year and maybe he just needs that Jim Thome slump buster to help him perform better :noidea:!

If he doesn't get back in, and the Pens continue to win I definitely won't be upset. It's just a shame to watch someone who had things going for him all of a sudden be unproductive.

I see where your coming from. He is a very streaky player and does his best in the playoffs in the biggest games. He just didn't produce much of the season and when he did have an opportunity to play in the first round not much as well. With this team having plenty of secondary scoring from the third and fourth line that puts more pressure on Fedo to score and he was not. It's a shame, but the name of the game.

X-Terminator
04-27-2010, 03:49 PM

Well he might get another chance to get in the lineup - Kunitz sat out practice today and is listed as day-to-day: http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=527225&navid=DL|PIT|home

steelpride12
04-27-2010, 04:22 PM
Kunitz is just beat up from all the smashing hit's he makes and they really shows his how hard he and this team worked! Hope to see him back for series #2!

WH
04-27-2010, 07:34 PM
If the Pens play the Bruins I think Recchi should go WWE on Boston and come out in a Pens jersey.

Also, if you are the Habs HC do you send someone to try and take Ovie out of the game ala Sutton on Leopold?

Fire Haley
04-27-2010, 09:51 PM
If the Wings lose I will have an extra beer for each and every one of you.

HometownGal
04-27-2010, 10:46 PM

How 'bout having a glass of Zinfandel for me instead of beer? :drink:

steelpride12
04-27-2010, 10:50 PM

4 to 1 Wings lead, no beer for us! :banging:

WH
04-28-2010, 01:31 AM
Am I the only one that has learned to hold my breath and pray when Fleury goes behind the net to play the puck?

Galax Steeler
04-28-2010, 05:13 AM
4 to 1 Wings lead, no beer for us! :banging:

Oh well wishful thinking.:chuckle:

HometownGal
04-28-2010, 06:50 AM
Am I the only one that has learned to hold my breath and pray when Fleury goes behind the net to play the puck?

Nope. If Fleury has one downfall, it is his lack of ability to play the puck. He's gotten a teenie bit better than he was a few years ago, but I shudder every time I see him leave the cage to go back there and play it. :horror:

stlrtruck
04-28-2010, 08:50 AM
Well he might get another chance to get in the lineup - Kunitz sat out practice today and is listed as day-to-day: http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=527225&navid=DL|PIT|home

If that's the case, I guess he better make the best of this opportunity!

steelpride12
04-28-2010, 09:11 AM
Well Detroit moved on boo! I don't like them when they get hot which is always playoff time. Now time to watch the Craps choke. I think it's very possible and can happen if Halak stands on his head again!

SteelCityMom
04-28-2010, 12:09 PM

While I still get a little nervous when he plays the puck, I'm not nearly as nervous as I was the past couple of years. He's gotten a lot better at it IMO.

SteelCityMom
04-28-2010, 03:08 PM
COMING SOON: NATALIA AND VLADIMIR MALKIN
Posted by mondesishouse | 3:54 PM | Evgeni Malkin, Natalia Malkin, Pittsburgh Penguins, Vladimir Malkin | 1 comments

The sweet smell of borscht will be in the Pittsburgh air soon, as the familiar, friendly faces of fan favorites Vladimir and Natalia Malkin will be returning to the city tomorrow (which would be today now), according to their hockey-playing son (via the PG's Empty Netters blog).

http://www.sportsnipe.com/main_sportsnews/2082614/coming-soon-natalia-vladimir-malkin.html

It is officially on. Whoever the Pens are playing next should beware the Geno.

Fire Haley
04-28-2010, 04:27 PM
I, for one, welcome the Habs as our bestest friends tonight.

I'll be rooting for them.

WH
04-28-2010, 04:44 PM
http://www.sportsnipe.com/main_sportsnews/2082614/coming-soon-natalia-vladimir-malkin.html

It is officially on. Whoever the Pens are playing next should beware the Geno.

Awwwwwww Shhhheeeeeeeit, it's on. Malkin is going to turn into The Terminator.

SteelCityMom
04-28-2010, 05:28 PM
I forgot to post the new YLDG's as well....

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/32FC3iUxZug&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/32FC3iUxZug&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Du-PWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!

steelpride12
04-28-2010, 05:50 PM
Wooo I love when Malkin's Parents come for the game. That positive energy they give the fans and Geno I love it!

steelpride12
04-28-2010, 07:23 PM
Habs and Caps going on now! Go Habs finish the upset!

steelpride12
04-28-2010, 07:37 PM
On NHL.com they have the schedule up for the second round.
Looks like if we play Montreal or Boston our Series starts this Friday April 30th at 7PM game 1.
Game 2- Sunday May 2nd at 2PM
Game 3- Tuesday May 4th at 7PM
Game 4- Thursday May 6th at 7PM
Game 5- Sat. May 8th at 7PM
Game 6- Monday May 10th at 7PM
Game 7- Wednesday May 12th at 7PM

And that will be the schedule dates and times for either opponent! Oh Friday please hurry!

SteelCityMom
04-28-2010, 07:44 PM
Muhahahaha...Habs are going to have a 4 on 3 for 40 seconds.

AND BERGERON SCORES!!!!! 1-0 Habs!

steelpride12
04-28-2010, 07:45 PM
Habs up 1 to 0 after the first period and have an opportunity to keep this momentum going. Ovie, Backstrom, Green, and Semen have nothing and not even any good chances in the first. WOO!

SMR
04-28-2010, 08:13 PM
Yeah! Whoo hooo, go Habs!!

:tt03:

steelpride12
04-28-2010, 08:13 PM
Good to see one of our own or used to be Hal Gill is one of the players giving this Caps offense hell!

SMR
04-28-2010, 08:15 PM
Good to see one of our own or used to be Hal Gill is one of the players giving this Caps offense hell!

:tt02::tt02::tt02:

SMR
04-28-2010, 08:21 PM
Of course I can understand why the Washington Capitals are called the Caps, but why are the Canadiens called Habs?

steelpride12
04-28-2010, 08:25 PM
Of course I can understand why the Washington Capitals are called the Caps, but why are the Canadiens called Habs?

Habs is an abbreviation of "les habitants," the informal name given to the original settlers of New France, dating back to the 17th Century. So it's a natural fit for the The Montreal Canadiens, established in 1909 and marketed as a French-Canadian hockey team.

SMR
04-28-2010, 08:26 PM
Habs is an abbreviation of "les habitants," the informal name given to the original settlers of New France, dating back to the 17th Century. So it's a natural fit for the The Montreal Canadiens, established in 1909 and marketed as a French-Canadian hockey team.

Wow, thanks a million!
:cheers:

SteelCityMom
04-28-2010, 08:27 PM

NVM...already answered.

SMR
04-28-2010, 08:28 PM
NVM...already answered.

lol, thank you too!

SMR
04-28-2010, 08:32 PM
Whoa!! That was toooo close! Whew!

SteelCityMom
04-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Man...I thought being a Pens fan was stressful. It's gotta be hell to be a Habs or Caps fan right now. I'm getting stressed just watching this lol.

SMR
04-28-2010, 08:34 PM
Man...I thought being a Pens fan was stressful. It's gotta be hell to be a Habs or Caps fan right now. I'm getting stressed just watching this lol.

Yer tellin' me, lol.

SteelCityMom
04-28-2010, 08:34 PM
P.S. It's an absolute joke that Green is up for a Norris trophy again this year.

steelpride12
04-28-2010, 08:38 PM
P.S. It's an absolute joke that Green is up for a Norris trophy again this year.

Ya Green is a joke IMO. Def. in the playoffs.

Well 1 to 0 Habs after the second period! They need atleast one more to seal this deal IMO and wow are those Caps disgusted. Taking shaky penalties and just looking for one player to get the puck or make a play and Halak and the D on their big guns has just depleted them! Im loving this!:popcorn:

SMR
04-28-2010, 08:40 PM
Ya Green is a joke IMO. Def. in the playoffs.

Well 1 to 0 Habs after the second period! They need atleast one more to seal this deal IMO and wow are those Caps disgusted. Taking shaky penalties and just looking for one player to get the puck or make a play and Halak and the D on their big guns has just depleted them! Im loving this!:popcorn:

I'm loving it too but I ain't eating popcorn like you are- but ice cream.

I know, stupid joke, but I'm trying to ease the nervous tension from the game.

SteelCityMom
04-28-2010, 08:51 PM
The next series that starts in the west tomorrow is going to be very stressful in this house (Wings vs. Sharks). My fiance is a huge Sharks fan and we both hate the Wings...gonna be lots of shouting at the TV the next week or so for sure lol.

SMR
04-28-2010, 08:53 PM
The next series that starts in the west tomorrow is going to be very stressful in this house (Wings vs. Sharks). My fiance is a huge Sharks fan and we both hate the Wings...gonna be lots of shouting at the TV the next week or so for sure lol.

I'm rooting hard for the Sharks as well. Can't stand the Reds!

steelpride12
04-28-2010, 08:53 PM
I'm loving it too but I ain't eating popcorn like you are- but ice cream.

I know, stupid joke, but I'm trying to ease the nervous tension from the game.

Ya it's pretty nerve racking since the Caps just pound the shots for majority of the game and your waiting for one to sneak in!

Ya good luck with that one tomorrow! You have not converted him into a Pens fan yet!? :wink02:

steelpride12
04-28-2010, 08:56 PM
Woah! Goal denied for Washington because Knuble was in the crease that was close!

SMR
04-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Oh my gosh!!! Waved off!!!! whewwwwwwwwwwwww!!

SteelCityMom
04-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Ya good luck with that one tomorrow! You have not converted him into a Pens fan yet!? :wink02:

Lol...we're working on it. Daughters a hardcore Pens fan, so we have majority rule here.

Nice no goal there too lol....whew! BB gonna throw a fit!

SMR
04-28-2010, 09:00 PM
what a nerve-wracking game! Pretty soon I'm gonna need a barf bag!

steelpride12
04-28-2010, 09:04 PM
Going to be a crazy 14 minutes in this 3rd period!

SMR
04-28-2010, 09:10 PM
OH COME ON!!

SteelCityMom
04-28-2010, 09:10 PM
Damn....wish this was a goal.

PK Subban has won my heart.

SteelCityMom
04-28-2010, 09:11 PM
That's right...review it. SCREW THE CAPS!

SteelCityMom
04-28-2010, 09:12 PM
Boooooo! lol.

Oh well...Go Habs Go!!

SMR
04-28-2010, 09:12 PM
That's right...review it. SCREW THE CAPS!

LOL. too bad, call stands. yuck!

steelpride12
04-28-2010, 09:15 PM
10 Min. left till the Craps go home crying!

SMR
04-28-2010, 09:20 PM
wow, 36 blocked shots for the Habs. Kudos!

steelpride12
04-28-2010, 09:22 PM
Camalari an inch away from making it 2 to 0 AH!

SteelCityMom
Ohhhh!!!! Right off the post Camellari!

SMR
Soooooo close! Bummer!

SMR
04-28-2010, 09:27 PM
GOAL!!

steelpride12
04-28-2010, 09:27 PM
HABS SCORE WITH 3 MIN. LEFT!!!!!!!!

SteelCityMom
04-28-2010, 09:28 PM
:danceshout::muhaha::horse::chicken::yeehaw:

steelpride12
04-28-2010, 09:29 PM
Well we may play the Habs, but you know they did win this series for a reason and solving Halak and their shot blocking won't be easy!

steelpride12
04-28-2010, 09:30 PM
Uh Oh 2:16 left and Caps score!

SMR
04-28-2010, 09:31 PM
Don't worry. Mark my words: We will play the Habs.

SteelCityMom
04-28-2010, 09:32 PM
Ahhhhh! This is making me crazy!

2 minutes to go...Come on Habs!!!!!

SteelCityMom
04-28-2010, 09:33 PM
Oh geez....and at the worst time the Habs take a penalty. COME ON!

steelpride12
04-28-2010, 09:33 PM
OH NO! 1:45 left and the Caps are getting a PP and surely pulling the goalie as well.!

steelpride12
04-28-2010, 09:34 PM
Oh Backstrom dives to save the empty net!

SteelCityMom
04-28-2010, 09:34 PM
So close...so close!

SteelCityMom
04-28-2010, 09:36 PM
Wow...this feels just like game 7 last year for the Stanley cup!

SMR
04-28-2010, 09:36 PM
GAME!!! HABS WIN!!!!

:tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02::tt02:

steelpride12
04-28-2010, 09:37 PM
HABS WIN HABS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!! SCREW THE CAPS AND OVIE!

SMR
04-28-2010, 09:37 PM
HABS WIN HABS WIN!!!!!!!!!!!! SCREW THE CAPS AND OVIE!

LOL

this is great!!

SteelCityMom
04-28-2010, 09:38 PM
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Most epic fail ever! WTG HABS!!!

WIth that said...I'm not looking forward to hearing "Save Halak!" of "shot blocked by Habs!" Ever again.

SteelCityMom
04-28-2010, 09:39 PM
And if any of you are as bored and/or sadistic as me....you are welcome to bear witness to one of the most epic meltdowns in the history of time. Enjoy.

http://fans.capitals.nhl.com/forums/67/t/Talk-about-Capitals-Hockey-33.html

http://bp2.blogger.com/_rVp1NiAnuvw/R3aCIvdo5mI/AAAAAAAAAN8/mCnjMURwgk0/s320/crybaby.jpg

X-Terminator
04-28-2010, 09:43 PM
Good job Capt. Cavey - you are now part of history...as one of the biggest choke jobs in NHL history! :toofunny: :rofl: :toofunny:

The 2009-10 Washington Capitals = EPIC FAIL.

steelpride12
04-28-2010, 09:44 PM
WOW SteelCityMom watching those fans bash each other is the best thing Ive ever saw. I love this. #8 Seed beats a #1.

I mean this. Our Pens have home ice till the Finals best opportunity for our Pens to take this CUP!

SteelCityMom
04-28-2010, 09:54 PM
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l2/jpnkstn/choking.jpg

JCPsteelers
04-28-2010, 10:11 PM
Man that was frickin great to see.. Reminded me of the Devils/Pens series a bit in 99.. Haha ovieclown.. See ya next year. .:wave:

steelerdude15
04-28-2010, 10:24 PM
It just boggles me that over the last 18 years I've supported the ups and downs this team has gone through. Great games in the past, bad coaches, boredom from the strike, I was still watching as I could. To see them make the playoffs the last couple years and not see them win the cup, I accepted. But now, to see them clinch #1 seed and the presidents trophy, I was on such a high, I was hoping for a cup this year only to be floored by seeing them go from 3-1 in the series to lose to a #8 seed in the first round??? **%!! How do you do that? How do you lose it all to a team that barely make it into the playoffs? What does it actually take for this team to bring home the damn cup? It's very depressing. The team just doesn't want it bad enough, they always seem to choke.

I'm venting to the extreme right now and those that take offense I am sorry....but to a true point, I don't really care. I'm to the point to where I will find another team to cheer for.
:rofl: Another good night for Pittsburgh sports. :thumbsup:

Third Rail
04-28-2010, 10:28 PM
LOL...

So much for Alex Ove-chokin'

X-Terminator
04-28-2010, 10:43 PM
The Craps are the 4th top seed in the past 10 years to lose in the first round, and it's also the FIFTH time in their history that they have blown a 3-1 lead in a series, including twice to the Penguins in 1992 and 1995. FIVE TIMES!!!! I don't think the Canadiens have lost that many series when they've been up 3-1, and they've only been around for 100 years.

HTG has said it from the beginning - the Craps have a history of choking in the playoffs, and they just provided us another spectacular example to point and laugh at! :finger:

fansince'76
04-28-2010, 10:46 PM
And if any of you are as bored and/or sadistic as me....you are welcome to bear witness to one of the most epic meltdowns in the history of time. Enjoy.

http://fans.capitals.nhl.com/forums/67/t/Talk-about-Capitals-Hockey-33.html

Let me guess - this is all a part of a larger conspiracy to get the Pens another cup, right? :rolleyes:

Third Rail
04-28-2010, 10:48 PM
LMAO... I work down in DC. I saw a bunch of people around town today wearing their Ovechokin jerseys. So sad. hahahahahahahahaha

Shea
04-28-2010, 11:24 PM
The Caps lost! :toofunny:

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q71/Tinkas82/large_roxbury.gif

Fire Haley
04-28-2010, 11:33 PM
What a year for Ovechkin. No Art Ross, no Richard, no medal at the Olympics, first round exit, multiple suspensions stemming from extreme douchebaggery, the list goes on.

In the old Soviet days, he'd be on his way to Siberia

Bring on the smurfs!

Petesburgh66
04-29-2010, 12:03 AM
HaHaHaHaHa to the Capitals. Although I hate the Habs, watching this choke job unfold was funny as hell.

So who is shaking now Ovechkin? Maybe he should be called Ovie the Magician as he does his disappearing act when it matters the most.

So first the Sens, and now the Habs. Nothing would please me more is to watch the two most hated teams of Leaf nation get knocked out by the champs. Go Pens.

polamalubeast
04-29-2010, 12:08 AM
Hockey LARGEST REGULAR-SEASON POINT DIFFERENTIAL OVERCOME BY UPSET SERIES WINNER
Diff. Year Winner Pts. Loser Pts.
48 1982 LA 63 EDM 111
38 1991 MIN 68 CHI 106
37 1991 MIN 68 STL 105
36 1951 MTL 65 DET 101
33 1981 NYR 74 STL 107
33 2010 MTL 88 WAS 121
32 1986 NYR 78 PHI 110
32 1993 NYI 87 PIT 119
30 1986 CGY 89 EDM 119

WH
04-29-2010, 01:54 AM
All I can say is HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Come on Pens, now sweep these frenchy Douche bags.

Galax Steeler
04-29-2010, 05:21 AM
I love it no more Caps this year.:rofl:

HometownGal
04-29-2010, 07:36 AM
http://bp3.blogger.com/_4m7qb8IswWg/R0Y-4_NUbJI/AAAAAAAABBo/awlai-I1F8U/s400/Capitals%2BHockey.jpg

Fire Haley
04-29-2010, 07:53 AM
and....thanks to the chokers, Pens have home ice.

Should be an entertaining series. Habs fans shouldn't get too ****y. Pens play a completely different style than the Caps, they win with puck-possession and forechecking your team to death. They will intentionally dump the puck deep in just to have guys like Kunitz, Cooke, Dupuis, Adams, Talbot, etc, constantly smash your defensemen with checks and wear them out. The smurfs will feel it by the end of the series.

Pens centers carry the puck in the offensive zone then hit the boards on dump-ins and keep grinding away. No more Ovie peppering Halak with wristers from 40 feet out, Sid will go down deep and work the puck around the net.

stlrtruck
04-29-2010, 09:39 AM
Quick, what's a 10 letter word for the NHL's best team during the regular season?

stlrtruck
04-29-2010, 10:03 AM
Quick, what's a 10 letter word for the NHL's best team during the regular season?

ELIMINATED!!! :toofunny:

steelpride12
04-29-2010, 10:48 AM

Haha good one! :toofunny:

It never get's old baby! Screw the Craps!

http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp359/kingdakota_2008/nhl_a_ovechkin1x_sq_300.jpg

http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp359/kingdakota_2008/30958_117696561591362_1000005305618.jpg

polamalubeast
04-29-2010, 10:53 AM

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

steelpride12
04-29-2010, 11:13 AM
Here's some more! :rofl:

http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp359/kingdakota_2008/31228_1265601488395_1480500021_3059.jpg

http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp359/kingdakota_2008/15005_122322037779523_1000000518303.jpg

http://i427.photobucket.com/albums/pp359/kingdakota_2008/28378_1116817696450_1707234061_2204.jpg

Indo
04-29-2010, 11:39 AM
Did everyone catch the post-game (attempted) interview with the Neanderthal?

What was the point of him granting the interview and then not answering any of the questions?
Losing is OK---but lose graciously

Oh...wait...who was being interviewed?
nevermind

steelpride12
04-29-2010, 11:42 AM

What was the point of him granting the interview and then not answering any of the questions?

nevermind

All I heard was "I don't Know, we played good, we lost"...NO SHIT!

X-Terminator
04-29-2010, 11:55 AM

nevermind

Exactly. "Alex the Great" my ass. Did you see Sid doing that when the Pens lost to the Wings in '08 Final? No, because Sid has more class on the tip of his pinkie finger than Captain Ug has in his entire being. I hope the only way he ever gets to touch the Cup will be to buy a ticket to the Hockey Hall of Fame.

steelpride12
04-29-2010, 11:56 AM
Exactly. "Alex the Great" my ass. Did you see Sid doing that when the Pens lost to the Wings in '08 Final? No, because Sid has more class on the tip of his pinkie finger than Captain Ug has in his entire being. I hope the only way he ever gets to touch the Cup will be to buy a ticket to the Hockey Hall of Fame.

Or wait in line in Pittsburgh after this season for over 6 hours to touch the cup we win! :wink02: