PDA

View Full Version : Stanley Cup Playoffs. Round One. Bring on the Sens!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5]

X-Terminator
04-29-2010, 12:15 PM
Speaking of Sid, he's a candidate for the Hart Trophy, along with Henrik Sedin of the Canucks and...Captain Ug.

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=527495

How Ilya Bryzgalov didn't get a nomination is beyond me. If this award is supposed to be about the player most valuable to his team, then Bryzgalov fits that description to a T. Same for Ryan Miller. I don't buy the argument that a Vezina Trophy candidate shouldn't be allowed to win the Hart. It's a BS argument - the MVP is the MVP regardless of what position he plays.

That said, I think Sid wins his second Hart, for the simple fact that Ug was suspended twice this season and the team played very well in the 10 total games without him, while Sid carried the team on his back for most of the season.

steelerdude15
04-29-2010, 12:45 PM
How Ilya Bryzgalov didn't get a nomination is beyond me.
Boy.. that's some type of name. :dizzy:

steelpride12
04-29-2010, 01:18 PM
Ya How Bryzgolav didn't get nominated is ridiculous. Leading his team to a franchise 50 wins and carry his team hmm. Oh by far Sid should win that he single handed carries his team all season and playoff time long so well deserved!

Third Rail
04-29-2010, 02:30 PM
Agreed, Sid should win. I have to say, I love The Kid. It's just friggin' awesome to know that THE best player in the league is on our team. I know that they always say that the title of "the best" is a debate between Sid and Ovechokin' but I think it's time to face the facts here... when it counts... the Kid delivers while Ovie caves. Happens in the playoffs, and it happened in the Olympics. The debate is over.

WH
04-29-2010, 06:20 PM
Agreed, Sid should win. I have to say, I love The Kid. It's just friggin' awesome to know that THE best player in the league is on our team. I know that they always say that the title of "the best" is a debate between Sid and Ovechokin' but I think it's time to face the facts here... when it counts... the Kid delivers while Ovie caves. Happens in the playoffs, and it happened in the Olympics. The debate is over.

The caveman caves....excellent.:thumbsup::thumbsup::sofunny:

JCPsteelers
04-30-2010, 03:33 AM
Sedin had a great year but I do think Sidney will win it ..

HometownGal
04-30-2010, 10:19 AM
I just found a place in my heart for a Caps player..

The same Brooks Laich who was emotionally devastated on Wednesday night, after the Capitals were eliminated from the Stanley Cup Playoffs in a Game 7 loss at home to the Montreal Canadiens. Washington was the NHL's best regular-season team, and failed to advance after blowing a 3-1 series lead. It's been called the worst series defeat in franchise history.

Laich, so often the team's unofficial locker room spokesman, didn't speak to reporters after the game.

The same Brooks Laich who, on the night his season ended prematurely, stopped when he saw Wangemann and her daughter stranded alone on Washington D.C.'s Roosevelt Bridge and then fixed a flat tire on their 2008 Acura while cars sped past him.

"You know how some athletes can strike you as real jerks? I think [the Capitals] are genuinely good people. He could have driven by like everyone else did, and he didn't," said Wangemann, who was headed home to Ashburn, Va. after watching the Capitals fall in Game 7.

"I was so touched by what he did. I was praying. I was that worried [about our safety]. The fact that he came up out of nowhere ... he was like an angel that night."

What a great story and a very humanitarian thing to do by Laich. :thumbsup:

Most athletes are just ordinary people in real life but it is rare that we read about them. The media much prefers to showcase the drama associated with the couple dozen of bad apples who give the rest of 'em a bad image. :shake02:

Does anyone believe Captain Ugmeister would have stopped to help that woman? I would hope not, as he would have skeered the bejesus out of her and her daughter. :horror: Imagine this pickle face approaching you on a dark road. . . . :eek:

http://meltyourfaceoff.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/ovechkin1.jpg

WH
04-30-2010, 10:30 AM
Does anyone believe Captain Ugmeister would have stopped to help that woman? I would hope not, as he would have skeered the bejesus out of her and her daughter. :horror: Imagine this pickle face approaching you on a dark road. . . . :eek:

Ovechkin would have thrown ice in the daughters face.