blitzburgh56
04-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Mardy Gilyard anyone?

Psyychoward86
04-12-2010, 12:12 AM
Golden Tate in the 2nd round looks a lot more realistic now

jollyrob68
04-12-2010, 12:23 AM
They're reporting its a 4th rounder now. I hope it turns out to be a 3rd or 2nd. because a 5th or 4th would be total BS. I knew he'd be traded but at least get a second from tampa or kc. Hell they should of offered him to Detroit for a second.

SS43Polamalu
04-12-2010, 12:46 AM
It better turn out to be at least a 4th rounder, I'm pretty angry with this trade as is. Yes i wanted to trade Holmes but for only a 5th rounder??? Wow.....

wdsteel
04-12-2010, 01:15 AM
Therefore, it was a matter of time before someone took the fall, and that player turned out to be receiver Santonio Holmes.

The Steelers traded the former Super Bowl MVP to the New York Jets for a fifth-round pick, according to ESPN.com's John Clayton. Yes, the Jets fleeced the Steelers by giving up a late-round pick for a very good receiver. But it's clear this move had more to do with off-the-field behavior than on-the-field performance for Pittsburgh.

Holmes was on track to become Pittsburgh's No. 1 receiver before recent incidents put him in the doghouse with the Steelers' brass. He was suspended by the team during the 2008 season for being caught with marijuana in his vehicle. Holmes also admitted to selling drugs as a youth before Super Bowl XLIII, in addition to facing recent allegations from a woman who claimed a drink was thrown at her.

Add in the recent legal troubles with quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, and the Steelers felt something had to be done to begin restoring their public image.

wdsteel
04-12-2010, 01:38 AM
just found

Profootballtalk.com passes along "flying" rumors that unsigned restricted free agent Leon Washington is part of the trade that sent Santonio Holmes to the Jets on Sunday night.

Profootballtalk's Mike Florio has been unable to debunk the rumors yet, but points out that Washington would have to sign his one-year tender to be involved in any trade. If Washington is included, the deal would be much more sensible from the Steelers' standpoint. Washington, if able to recover from his compound leg fracture, would be a big upgrade on third downs and returns from incumbent Steelers No. 2 back Mewelde Moore.

taztroy43
04-12-2010, 10:49 AM
They're reporting its a 4th rounder now. I hope it turns out to be a 3rd or 2nd. because a 5th or 4th would be total BS. I knew he'd be traded but at least get a second from tampa or kc. Hell they should of offered him to Detroit for a second.

Who's saying its a 4th??? I honestly hope this is true or they gave up a higher pick!!! Everywhere I read they are saying he went to the Jets for a 5th!!!! So how do you know its for a 4th?????

taztroy43
04-12-2010, 10:56 AM
I'm really disappinted with what the Steelers FO did in the trade w/ the Jets....seriously why couldn't they wait untill early this week to shop holmes around.....they could of easily gotten a 3rd for him or maybe even a 2nd from a desperate team needing a WR....but I know his 4 game suspension took a lot a value off of him but a 5th!!!!???? C'MON!!!!!! I'm pissed off like a lot of you people out there:mad:......a 5th??? seriously.....WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:banging:

PittdaBurgh56
04-12-2010, 12:12 PM
The only way ill be happy is if we draft Arrelious Benn in the second which we would have to trade up to.