PDA

View Full Version : Time to Shine Limas Sweed!

SteelCurtain0815
04-11-2010, 11:28 PM
With Tone gone, I'm really pulling for Sweed to step up. I really don't like the sounds of ARE or Wallace as our number 2 right now. Don't get me wrong, I love Mike Wallace, but he is not fit for a #2 guy. His job was to get open deep and that's what he's best at. Let's go Sweed!

Sharkissle29
04-11-2010, 11:29 PM
In Limas, we trust!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Y-DbBvf7R5Y/SXUWqGW8rQI/AAAAAAAAU34/FdTBLQ8FtJY/s400/corey-ivy-limas-sweed.jpg

SteelCurtain0815
04-11-2010, 11:31 PM
In Limas, we trust!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Y-DbBvf7R5Y/SXUWqGW8rQI/AAAAAAAAU34/FdTBLQ8FtJY/s400/corey-ivy-limas-sweed.jpg

That's what I'm talking about!

MACH1
04-11-2010, 11:34 PM
http://www.inzernet.com/images/product_shots/stickumlrg.jpg

tube517
04-11-2010, 11:35 PM
Wallace was a rookie. He's only going to get better.

ARE and Ward are old. Hines has 1-2 years left. Maybe a 3rd year as a mentor/backup ala Terrence Mathis. ARE can get the short passes/3rd down/slot WR but he is NOT a #2.

Remember, we won with Ward/C.Wilson/ARE as our WR's. (yes, I know Whis was the OC) but it's not the end of the world. Somebody has to take Ward's place. I also hope Sweed can make it but this is also his last chance.

I don't think hope is lost with Wallace as #2. Yes, we are thin but we still have Hines/MW17/ARE/Heath catching the balls.

With Tone gone, I'm really pulling for Sweed to step up. I really don't like the sounds of ARE or Wallace as our number 2 right now. Don't get me wrong, I love Mike Wallace, but he is not fit for a #2 guy. His job was to get open deep and that's what he's best at. Let's go Sweed!

Steel-Bryan
04-11-2010, 11:39 PM
We also have logan...

polamalubeast
04-11-2010, 11:45 PM
Santonio is at his best in important games and he often makes a big play that can make a big difference in a game.

Limas Sweed, which he has the balls to be dropped from very bad moment in a game.

I'm sorry but I really do not trust this time.

Shoes
04-11-2010, 11:47 PM
Mike Wallace will take tones spot, and rightly so.

SteelerFanInATL
04-11-2010, 11:50 PM
HEY LIMAS, I GOT YOUR BACK BIG FELLA!!!!! NOW GO PUT SOME SWAG BACK IN YOUR GAME AND DO YOUR THING!!

tony hipchest
04-11-2010, 11:50 PM
We also have logan...

:rofl:

we also have mean joe greene as a scout but i dont know how that helps us replacing holmes talent. :noidea:

with that being said, i'd rather lose with sweed on the field as opposed to holmes suspended (again).

casteeler
04-11-2010, 11:57 PM
Sweed?Has everyone forgotten?

Steel-Bryan
04-11-2010, 11:59 PM

we also have mean joe greene as a scout but i dont know how that helps us replacing holmes talent. :noidea:

with that being said, i'd rather lose with sweed on the field as opposed to holmes suspended (again).

Well, Logan had just about the same stats as Sweed last season in receiving...

Merchant
04-12-2010, 12:10 AM
Watch Sweed's Texas highlight tape.. I'm telling you, this boy was a force to be reckoned with. If he gets his confidence back, look out. I've been rooting for this guy for a while now, let's hope he makes the most of this opportunity.

pancake
04-12-2010, 01:07 AM
Rumor has it, that someone wearing a #14 jersey broke into Heinz field and is running routes... :toofunny:

The Duke
04-12-2010, 01:11 AM
Well, we gotta hope for the guy to get it all together more than ever

Third year for wide receivers. Just saying....

polamalubeast
04-12-2010, 01:30 AM
I hope now that Sweed will seize his chance and that its 6.4 be very useful for us.

But please Limas, stops the ball drop when you have the chance to make a big play for us.

I felt so bad after the first defeat against the Bengals ..... the drop was not acceptable

CatoTheElder
04-12-2010, 01:39 AM
"Limas, go home and get your shinebox."
http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8562/shinebox.jpg

Galax Steeler
04-12-2010, 03:41 AM
I would like to see Sweed come in this year with alot more confidence in himself. If the could do that and the way he played at Texas we would forget all about Holmes cause I think Wallace will step up this year as well.

mikegrimey
04-12-2010, 09:25 AM
How can you just dismiss Wallace in your intial post?

The guy played all of 1 year in the NFL---it's foolish to dismiss him as "not a good fit" at the #2 position. In my view, he did a hell of a lot last year with limited opportunities, I think he's earned a shot to be on the field more.

Fire Haley
04-12-2010, 09:27 AM
ha ha

Sweed is now our savior?

After a dozen threads a month ago running him out of town. Really?

Steel_12
04-12-2010, 09:31 AM
Sweed?Has everyone forgotten?

Amazing isn't it?

Prok
04-12-2010, 09:31 AM
ha ha

Sweed is now our savior?

Not in my eyes. I got faith in Ward, El and Wallace. Maybe Sweed cracks ST's unit now.

Glace
04-12-2010, 09:32 AM
I was hoping this was definitely the last time Sweed ever suited up and was cut during pre-season....looks like we HAVE to keep him around now unless we waste a draft pick on a WR instead of our other pressing needs.

FSUBoo
04-12-2010, 09:36 AM
Maybe Dallas Baker will get a shot at the team this year.

Shoes
04-12-2010, 09:39 AM
I would like to see Sweed come in this year with alot more confidence in himself. If the could do that and the way he played at Texas we would forget all about Holmes cause I think Wallace will step up this year as well.

I agree, I've always liked Sweed . I say he'll get it together this year ,the kid has great potential. Wallace is going to be a great one imo. Wasn't too long ago many "fans" were ready to cut/trade Mendy.

SteelerFanInATL
04-12-2010, 10:39 AM
ha ha

Sweed is now our savior?

I have always had his back. I wil say that he needs to show what he can do this year especilly now that Holmes is gone or he will probably be gone for sure next year!!!! :hatsoff::hatsoff:

tube517
04-12-2010, 10:50 AM
Dallas the Touchdown Maker Baker !

Or maybe Lee Big Play Mays will have a shot too!

Maybe Dallas Baker will get a shot at the team this year.

SteelCurtain0815
04-12-2010, 12:18 PM
How can you just dismiss Wallace in your intial post?

The guy played all of 1 year in the NFL---it's foolish to dismiss him as "not a good fit" at the #2 position. In my view, he did a hell of a lot last year with limited opportunities, I think he's earned a shot to be on the field more.

I have always had Sweed's back and I just gotta feeling that this is his year. Like I said, I love Wallace, but I think his abilities are limited. I know he was only a rookie last year, but I think they used him perfectly. He is our deep threat, and IMO, he will keep being our deep threat.

kirklandrules
04-12-2010, 02:46 PM
I have always had Sweed's back and I just gotta feeling that this is his year. Like I said, I love Wallace, but I think his abilities are limited. I know he was only a rookie last year, but I think they used him perfectly. He is our deep threat, and IMO, he will keep being our deep threat.

Seems I remember some nifty Wallace catches over the middle that weren't considered "deep", but more as chain movers. When you label someone a deep threat you are basically saying he runs the fly pattern real well, yet is a poor route runner, can't be a possession receiver or take the big hit over the middle. The Raiders had plenty of speedsters that would be labeled deep threats. But I don't see Wallace as just the deep threat, that takes away the other great plays he made last year.

And I would think all Steelers fans would want to see Sweed reach his potential. Can you imagine Wallace on one side, a Limas Sweed who catches on the other ... with Ward in the slot? Rooting against Sweed is basically showing you would rather be a hater at the expense of the very team you love.

SteelCurtain0815
04-13-2010, 01:32 PM
Seems I remember some nifty Wallace catches over the middle that weren't considered "deep", but more as chain movers. When you label someone a deep threat you are basically saying he runs the fly pattern real well, yet is a poor route runner, can't be a possession receiver or take the big hit over the middle. The Raiders had plenty of speedsters that would be labeled deep threats. But I don't see Wallace as just the deep threat, that takes away the other great plays he made last year.

And I would think all Steelers fans would want to see Sweed reach his potential. Can you imagine Wallace on one side, a Limas Sweed who catches on the other ... with Ward in the slot? Rooting against Sweed is basically showing you would rather be a hater at the expense of the very team you love.

I agree 100% with what you just said. Wallace did have a few chain movers, but IDK if he is ready to be a chain mover on a consistent basis. And like you said, he had the first down catches, but a majority of the time he was going deep. However, one year will surely improve his route running and strength to get by the press. I'm not saying Wallace can't do it, but if Sweed could some how have a 360 turn around and become our #2, so that we could keep Wallace as our deep threat would be amazing. Can't a person dream?

whatdoiknow
04-13-2010, 01:34 PM
The ONLY Shinning Sweed is ever going to do is in a Bus station shinning shoes!!

vasteeler
04-13-2010, 01:37 PM
SWEEEEEEEED:tt04::tt::tt02:

stlrtruck
04-13-2010, 02:13 PM
I believe that this camp will be Sweed's last opportunity to prove his value to the Steelers or he could find himself on the cutting block before September.

I like Sweed and hope that he can fulfill the potential we saw in him when he was drafted.

SteelCurtain0815
04-13-2010, 02:55 PM
I believe that this camp will be Sweed's last opportunity to prove his value to the Steelers or he could find himself on the cutting block before September.

I like Sweed and hope that he can fulfill the potential we saw in him when he was drafted.

Agreed, this will no doubt in my mind, be his last oppurtunity. Hopefully he can make the most of it and be a great WR for this team.

SteelerEmpire
04-13-2010, 03:15 PM
Sweed shine ? I'll believe it when I see it...