PDA

View Full Version : How i would love to the draft to pan out

supa_fly_steeler
04-12-2010, 03:46 AM
This is without any compensatory picks involved

1st Round

http://img541.imageshack.us/img541/4889/boisestatelogo.gif CB Kyle Wilson

I love the dude, naturally I would really want Earl Thomas for his ballhawking skills and versatility but let's face the reality. He's not going to be our pick unless we trade up.

So. Kyle Wilson can be the Revis we wanted to select back in 2007. He, I'm sure will probably be the best cornerback of this draft, unlike recent events he has steeler attitude of work. He also played safety at Boise State (not many know this) so if Polmalu goes down again switch Clark to SS, Wilson to FS and someone else like Gay to CB.

2nd Round
http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/8449/umasslogo.gif OL Vlad Duccasse

I would love this pick. There isn't much to say our offensive line is shaky to say the least. I can garuntee you that if he is drafted by us he will make a great lineman.

3rd Round
http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/9536/cincinnatilogo.gif WR Mardy Gilyard

This Wide Receiver overcame so much in Cincinnati, Has a great worth ethnic, Doesn't go on twitter telling fans to die, hell im pretty sure if he wakes up and smokes weed, he does it "descreatly".

4th Round
http://img709.imageshack.us/img709/8959/centralfloridalogo.gif NT Torrell Troup

The Successor to Casey Hampton, he plays good ball, he's dominant, probably will never be the run stuffer like Casey, but will be dominant.

5th Round
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/536/kentuckylogo.gif MLB Micah Johnson

He is a beast. BEAST BEAST BEAST BEAST BEAST.

He is a pure 3-4 middle linebacker, like a James Farrior, but stronger. Him and Lawrence Timmons would be a nice combo.

6th Round
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/7376/michiganstatelogo.gif K Brett Swenson

Good Kicker.

7th Round
http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/910/toledologo.gif SS Barry Church

Good Career Durable Backup.

Read and Flame.

Cmdurand21
04-12-2010, 04:05 AM
Not bad, you put a lot of time and effort in and I can respect that, especially looking up prospects 7 rounds deeps. But, we have 3 more picks in round 5 if you want to take a swing at those too. I recommend RB, OLB, and DE.

supa_fly_steeler
04-12-2010, 04:12 AM
Not bad, you put a lot of time and effort in and I can respect that, especially looking up prospects 7 rounds deeps. But, we have 3 more picks in round 5 if you want to take a swing at those too. I recommend RB, OLB, and DE.

Yes thanks I just woke up and looked and saw the holmes trade

WTF for a 5th thouugh i knew he was traded.

I wouldn't go all crazy at that because if someone falls into the latter rounds i would use some of those 5th round picks to secure those talent. I mean look at wallace he is now starter and he was third rounder. this draft class is loaded.

Apparantley we may get leon washington as compensation i don't know when it's a possibility.

Galax Steeler
04-12-2010, 04:23 AM
I think you done good Kyle Wilson would not be a bad pick if Thomas is not there.

supa_fly_steeler
04-12-2010, 04:41 AM
I think you done good Kyle Wilson would not be a bad pick if Thomas is not there.

Thanks, I really want Earl Thomas i do think we should trade up to get him or regret not drafting him.

pete74
04-12-2010, 04:45 AM
that would be one hell of a draft but unfortunatly i dont see troup making it to the 4th

supa_fly_steeler
04-12-2010, 04:48 AM
that would be one hell of a draft but unfortunatly i dont see troup making it to the 4th

Im pretty sure with 10 picks we will probably be trading up in some rounds.

arge5809
04-12-2010, 07:17 AM
Im pretty sure with 10 picks we will probably be trading up in some rounds.

I could see us trading up in the first round for Thomas with all of the comp picks and extra 5th we have now from the jets. Thomas would be a great pick.

:drink: :tt02:

supa_fly_steeler
04-12-2010, 07:48 AM
I could see us trading up in the first round for Thomas with all of the comp picks and extra 5th we have now from the jets. Thomas would be a great pick.

:drink:

xXTheSteelKingsXx
04-12-2010, 10:01 AM
Solid draft Supa. I'd like to see us address OLB and RB and possibly interior OL though when you add your comp picks.

supa_fly_steeler
04-12-2010, 10:07 AM
Solid draft Supa. I'd like to see us address OLB and RB and possibly interior OL though when you add your comp picks.

If E.T. or Kyle Wilson ain't there id love brandon graham or eventually yes weatherspoon.

xXTheSteelKingsXx
04-12-2010, 10:09 AM
If E.T. or Kyle Wilson ain't there id love brandon graham or eventually yes weatherspoon.

Wow. :sofunny: Never thought I'd hear you say that.

supa_fly_steeler
04-12-2010, 10:10 AM
Wow. :sofunny: Never thought I'd hear you say that.

If that means not getting Pouncey or Iupati then go for it lololol

MDSteel15
04-12-2010, 05:22 PM

I dont think you are allowed to trade comp picks!

supa_fly_steeler
04-12-2010, 06:04 PM
I dont think you are allowed to trade comp picks!

Well we got 4 5th round picks.

i would move up the draft to seal the deal with earl, i dont care package a 2nd round with it. then let colbert do business by trading back into the second round.

supa_fly_steeler
04-12-2010, 06:08 PM
My next mock is the one i would really want

pete74
04-12-2010, 06:22 PM
i bet we will not be getting a cb or a saftey now. we will take an offensive lineman in the 1st to help the running game then probably trade up for tate in the 2nd.

supa_fly_steeler
04-12-2010, 06:23 PM
This is how i would want it to be my bias way, no extra picks just standard 7 picks.

1st Round
http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/7148/texaslogo.gif FS Earl Thomas

Just because we resigned Ryan Clark doesn't mean we can't draft this dude. I trust the Steelers to take a deep look at him.

He has alot of advantages but also disadvantages, he had 1 average year in college followed by probably the best defensive back year ever at Texas, coupled with inexperience which would be the anonomly? the good year or the average year? Is he the Next Aaron Ross or the Next Michael Griffin?

Im not buying it and i would still draft him, his selfless attitude of just wanting to play anywhere would not only help us with versatility but he would probably be a better cornerback than ike taylor in his rookie year.

Please Tomlin don't make the same mistake of passing up someone like Michael Griffin again, I beg you.

2nd Round
http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/3550/virginiatechlogo.gif DE Jason Worilds

Totally bias pick by me, the dudes awesome at rushing and any Hokie fan will agree with me, he has awesome athletic ability, he can intercept pretty well and will make a decent adjustment to OLB.

3rd Round
http://img714.imageshack.us/img714/536/kentuckylogo.gif MLB Micah Johnson

I wouldn't be suprised if Tomlin decently likes Micah.

4th Round
http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/5260/notredamelogo.gif OL Eric Olsen

Has the versatility to play center and offensive guard.

5th Round
http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/3482/floridalogo.gif DL Jermaine Cunningham

Could start at defensive end later on after the line retires. Can be a career backup with versatility in the defensive line and linebacker.

6th Round
http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/3091/bowlinggreenlogo.gif WR Freddie Barnes

7th Round

Nobody Cares won't make roster lol

supa_fly_steeler
04-12-2010, 06:25 PM
i bet we will not be getting a cb or a saftey now. we will take an offensive lineman in the 1st to help the running game then probably trade up for tate in the 2nd.

The last people to bet me, bet this

- We wont trade santonio holmes

- We will draft percy harvin

are you sure you want to bet me.

I dont care if fatass iupati is there with earl thomas, we will select him.

BTW i didn't include running backs because i think redman will be the dude to contemplate mendenhall

pete74
04-12-2010, 06:38 PM

BTW i didn't include running backs because i think redman will be the dude to contemplate mendenhall

i said 2 weeks ago holmes was gone and everyone told me i was nuts on this board and that i didnt know what im talking about.

with that said i will be we go lineman in the 1st. either offensive or defensive then trade up for tate in the 2nd. if we cant get tate we will get whichever of the 2 we couldnt get in the 1st. obviously both our predictions depend on the players taken but im willing to bet anything we dont take a corner in the 1st

Psyychoward86
04-12-2010, 06:43 PM
This Wide Receiver overcame so much in Cincinnati, Has a great worth ethnic, Doesn't go on twitter telling fans to die, hell im pretty sure if he wakes up and smokes weed, he does it "descreatly".

i lol'd

supa_fly_steeler
04-12-2010, 06:48 PM
What does

I will be go lineman mean?

You want an offensive guard when our second pick last year Urbik hasn't even developed yet? (yes third round but pretty much second pick)

I bet your wrong and we go defense.

We are screwed at the defensive back position, we have no potential starters at corner, i doubt gay gets resigned, ike wont be here in two or three years, ryan wont be good enough and we will all be crying how we passed up or missed an opportunity on thomas or wilson.
the difference

earl thomas had the most interceptions in the ncaa
iupati had the most holds
davis is a lazy horrible workout dude

My next mock is what would tomlin do.

i done a colbert 1 (first) supa one (second) tomlin (third)

supa_fly_steeler
04-12-2010, 06:57 PM
What would Tomlin Do Mock

1st Round - OLB Sean Weatherspoon

Tomlin loved Timmons, Weatherspoon is a clone of Timmons imo, not as athletic but a stronger version.

2nd Round - CB Chris Cook

Tell me this guy isn't a ditto of Ike Taylor, tall, athletic, fast, not the best of hands but would suit a tampa style defense.

3rd Round - C/OG Jon Asamoah

Versatile plays both

4th Round - RB Anthony Dixon

Bruiser, sleeper, beast alert, when at the heinz field 1 yard line, the siren should go off warning defensive backs to get the F*&k out of the way or be prepared to be crushed, bettis style

5th Round - S Kurt Coleman

Tomlin loves OSU guys i bet, well Lebeau liked Colemen so therefore they draft him

6th Round - OLB Adrian Tracy

Homer pick by Tomlin

7th Round -WR Naaman Roosevelt

He has dreads.... so just draft him because pot smoker holmes had dreads when he was drafted

pete74
04-13-2010, 03:41 AM
we may go defensive but it will be defensive line

supa_fly_steeler
04-13-2010, 03:43 AM
we may go defensive but it will be defensive line

If earl thomas is there we select him regardless who is there unless bualaga mysteriously falls. joe green and kevin colbert dont turn up to many pro days, and dont interview him at least 3 times.

the front office never select o-lineman in the first round. and it wont be this year either since we have more glaring needs.

its funny the whole game dennis dixon doesnt get sacked, even against a blitz happy defense.

during bens suspension we will see how good that offensive line really is.

btw word of advice ------- im biggest earl thomas man crush fan probably here undisputable :lol: so i could go on all day every day........................

.............. so its best u keep the olineman outta this thread as first rounders since i also hate them and will never agree with an olineman in round1. lol

pete74
04-13-2010, 03:47 AM
i didnt say O-line. i said offensive or defensive. im leaning towards odrick from penn state. i cant see us taking a DB when we spent a 3rd and 4th last year

supa_fly_steeler
04-13-2010, 03:52 AM
i didnt say O-line. i said offensive or defensive. im leaning towards odrick from penn state. i cant see us taking a DB when we spent a 3rd and 4th last year

joe burnett isn't a starter, he's going to be a very good nickle corner.

keenan lewis was a waste of a pick, i never quite knew why we drafted him. He is one of those that will never make an impact.

odrick is rubbish, no thanks i dont care if he went to penn state, im telling you we wont draft him.

when someone like earl thomas falls to you you take him or face the consequences of a ballhawk in big games.

INTERNET HELPS NAB ARRESTED PENN STATE PLAYER

Penn State defensive tackle Jared Odrick was charged with disorderly conduct, and he can thank the internet for getting him arrested. The defensive lineman, who was an All-Big Ten honoree last season, got into a tussle with four college students on his way back from a night of drinking.

Police say words were exchanged between Odrick and the group, and a shoving match broke out, with Odrick punching someone in the group. Police said members of the group found the defensive lineman's photo on line, and used that to identify him and contacted the police.

It was the first sign of trouble for the Nittany Lions this season after a rash of arrests last year brought Joe Paterno's program under scrutiny.

When police went to question Odrick, he referred them to his lawyer.

Odrick was fined $430 on the citation, and according to this report, the team's sports information director says that there are no indications that the charges have affected Odrick's status with the team during spring practice or for the upcoming season, where Odrick has been named to the Lombardi watch list.

wdsteel
04-13-2010, 06:25 AM
.............. so its best u keep the olineman outta this thread as first rounders since i also hate them and will never agree with an olineman in round1. lol

Dont you know Iupati could play FS for usjust put up speed limit signs up around Ward's field

:wink02:

PittdaBurgh56
04-13-2010, 07:08 AM
To be completing honest I would like to see us draft a Oline in first/earl thomas if hes there at 18. Then in the second I would use some of our picks to move up and grab A.Benn Wr who I think plays like holmes but doesnt bring any problems to the table.

Steel_Bus_24
04-13-2010, 08:22 AM
I especially like the swenson pick

If we get Thomas or Wilson I'll be really happy

and your right, we best be moving around and making our picks count

pete74
04-23-2010, 04:15 AM

man do i wish this member was still here so i could rub this in. alot of people were were beliving the media and hoping we would get a corner but it was never going to happen