PDA

View Full Version : Stay with us Wiz !

BlitzburghRockCity
02-05-2006, 10:41 PM
In his interview he was talking about all the things we can do next year, open up the offense more, huge upside all of that.

So dont celebrate yet Raider fans, Ken already said before he feels we have a huge upside for a long time to come and it would take something spectactular to make him leave !

Koopa
02-05-2006, 10:44 PM
yup, do NOT go to the raiders, that is coaching hell. you can get a WAY better job after next season. and we need you to repeat this bitch

Sharkissle29
02-05-2006, 10:44 PM
that would be awesome if he stayed with us

SteelerzGirl
02-05-2006, 10:46 PM
Oh god... Tonight, I don't even want to think of Wiz leaving. I hope the Steelers organization gives him whatever he wants so he sticks around next season.

BAC
02-05-2006, 10:48 PM
I think he'll be here next year. One way or another.

Tha rock
02-05-2006, 10:51 PM
i new you guys would be like this other tems need to win to damn it!!!

SteelerzGirl
02-05-2006, 10:55 PM

No they don't. No wins for the other teams...(lol). :wink:

BAC
02-05-2006, 10:58 PM
No they don't. No wins for the other teams...(lol). :wink:

Is that like the "soup nazi" on sienfeld? " NO WINS FOR YOU!!!! "

Steeler in Carolina
02-05-2006, 11:02 PM
I know that a head coaching job is what all assistants want, but he would be creating career suicide if he goes to the Raiders. The smartest man in the world is Chucky Gruden who saw a chance to leave the Raiders and he jumped as fast as he could. As long as Al Davis is running things, that will be a sorry job to have.

SteelerzGirl
02-05-2006, 11:06 PM
Is that like the "soup nazi" on sienfeld? " NO WINS FOR YOU!!!! "

:rofl:

Absolutely! Oh man... That was so funny! I just loved the soup nazi...(lol). I'm the "wins nazi!" :bouncy:

Tha rock
02-05-2006, 11:20 PM
I know that a head coaching job is what all assistants want, but he would be creating career suicide if he goes to the Raiders. The smartest man in the world is Chucky Gruden who saw a chance to leave the Raiders and he jumped as fast as he could. As long as Al Davis is running things, that will be a sorry job to have.

any head coaching job is great dont be an idiot!!

Avoid Lloyd
02-05-2006, 11:25 PM
any head coaching job is great dont be an idiot!!

Pathetically, I think Wiz would make a better career move by staying with the Steelers for another year and then going ANYWHERE else besides the Raiders.

I know Al Davis likes to blame everything on conspiracies against the Raiders and god knows what else, but the problem with that team lies within him.

He's the one who brings the Raiders down, not the league.

Tha rock
02-05-2006, 11:29 PM
Pathetically, I think Wiz would make a better career move by staying with the Steelers for another year and then going ANYWHERE else besides the Raiders.

I know Al Davis likes to blame everything on conspiracies against the Raiders and god knows what else, but the problem with that team lies within him.

He's the one who brings the Raiders down, not the league.

you no what bro dont start with me i like this site but dont start throwing the whole franchise under the bus. you could say all you want but any head coaching job is better than none!!

Prosdo
02-06-2006, 12:18 AM
Yeah I'm hoping Wiz stays. He has done a great job. I think he will stay though.

Brady12
02-06-2006, 01:16 AM
Should be interesting to see..

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2006, 01:31 AM
Personally, IMO, Wiz needs to stay put for another year.. there will be some jobs available in the coming years. I just dont think taking the Raiders job is in his best interest right now. He's successful here, he's got a huge upside here.. and Raiders need ALOT of help..

BigSteelThrill
02-06-2006, 03:06 AM
STAY IN PITT WIZ!

Thats what they said when they took Mularkey.

BigSteelThrill
02-06-2006, 03:08 AM
you no what bro dont start with me i like this site but dont start throwing the whole franchise under the bus. you could say all you want but any head coaching job is better than none!!

Not your franchise, your owner!

As such he affects your entire franchise and you know this.

He needs to let go of the reigns and let some else steer the ship.
Not just a small part of the ship, but mostly the whole thing.

Tha rock
02-06-2006, 05:49 AM
al davis took us to the SB three years ago and we have one three SBs i dont think hes the problem its some of the coaching and players. as far as Mularkey no way i hope not bro dont jinx us!!

TasmanianTroy271
02-06-2006, 08:21 AM
If I were a coordinator, I'd rather stay and get the chance for another ring, and then move on to a team that's better than take the Raider's job and be under constant scrutiny by Al Davis.

clevestinks
02-06-2006, 09:44 AM
I`m afraid that he is gone! Hate to say it! But Thank you! If you were smart you would stay for at least one more ring!

atrus20
02-06-2006, 10:10 AM
I hope he stays at least one more year. Look at the Pats previous coordinators. They won multiple super bowls and were highly sought after afterwards. One and done is just too common anymore.

frago
02-06-2006, 11:03 PM
You guys cant seriously think Wiz likes being Cowers B$%^H do you?
Like the guy said any HC job is a good job.
HAve faith in your team and system dont fret.

Until you play the Raiders and we ram it down your throats.

Sharkissle29
02-06-2006, 11:26 PM
You guys cant seriously think Wiz likes being Cowers B$%^H do you?
Like the guy said any HC job is a good job.
HAve faith in your team and system dont fret.

Until you play the Raiders and we ram it down your throats.
whens the last time the raiders won a game? haha jk

i like wiz, if he goes to oakland...oh well

SteelerzGirl
02-08-2006, 02:28 PM
Whisenhunt set to interview with Raiders

ALAMEDA, Calif. - Super Bowl winning offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt was set to interview for the Oakland Raiders' coaching vacancy Wednesday, a day after celebrating his triumph with a parade in Pittsburgh.

Whisenhunt was planning to fly to the Bay Area after the Steelers' victory parade Tuesday and become the fourth person to interview formally with owner Al Davis for the job to replace the fired Norv Turner.
Oakland has been without a head coach for more than a month since Turner was fired Jan. 3, giving a new coach little time to hire a staff and set his offseason priorities before the scouting combine begins Feb. 22.

Davis has already interviewed Al Saunders, James Lofton and Rod Marinelli, and had talks with former St. Louis Rams coach Mike Martz, former Raiders coach Art Shell and Oakland quarterbacks coach John Shoop. Saunders decided to take a job running the Washington Redskins' offense and Marinelli was hired as Detroit Lions head coach.

Nothing came of the talks with Martz, one of the game's top offensive minds.

Whisenhunt, an NFL tight end for seven seasons, just finished his ninth year as an NFL assistant and second as the Steelers' offensive coordinator.

His work in developing second-year quarterback Ben Roethlisberger and play-calling in the playoffs, including the reverse touchdown pass from receiver Antwaan Randle El to Hines Ward in Pittsburgh's 21-10 win over Seattle in the Super Bowl, have made him a desirable coaching option.

With all vacancies other than the Raiders already filled this offseason, it's unclear whether Whisenhunt would want to undertake the task of rebuilding a team in Oakland or wait another year when he could have more choices.

Since going to the Super Bowl following the 2002 season, the Raiders have had three straight losing seasons for the first time since Davis came aboard in 1963 to coach and eventually own the team. They won just nine games in two seasons under Turner, despite having Randy Moss, LaMont Jordan and Kerry Collins leading the offense last season.

Davis has been known to give chances to those without previous head coaching experience in the NFL and he prefers offensive-minded coaches.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5316164

clevestinks
02-08-2006, 03:24 PM
I agrree Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee don`t leaveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Atlanta Dan
02-08-2006, 03:42 PM
Not a good sign his agent made the trip with him.

The Randle El option pass probably assured Wiz and El are gone.

OX1947
02-08-2006, 03:52 PM
Whiz should go if the Raiders get a legit QB. kerry Collins is a joke. I think Whiz's offense with a good Qb and those Recievers would be good. But then again, Al Davis has a way of doing things and I personally wouldnt go there unless he was paying a crazy amount of caysh. If Al pays him 1.2 or up a year, he will take it.

Tha rock
02-08-2006, 04:11 PM
well this was on the news today check it out

http://cbs5.com/topstories/local_story_039033804.html

Tha rock
02-08-2006, 04:24 PM
hey peeps thats vidoe footage of the whiz in oak!

silver & black
02-08-2006, 07:08 PM
Take this for what it's worth...just my opinion.

I would love to see the Wiz in silver and black. He is exactly what the Raiders need to right the ship. Unfortunately, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Al Davis is mired in the past. He does not believe in paying a HC. You don't need to worry about the Wiz being offered money he would be foolish to turn down... it aint gonna happen.

The one thing that would bring the Wiz to Oaktown would be control. You don't need to worry about that, either. Al Davis will never give up enough control to entice Wiz to take the job.

I look for Art Shell to get another shot... someone Al doesn't have to pay a lot of money, and even more importent... someone who Al can control. You have no idea how much I hope I am wrong... but I don't think I am.

Unfortunately, there are very few of us Raider fans that seem to be able to take the rose colored glasses off when it comes to Al Davis. He can do no wrong in the eyes of 99% of all Raider fans. I don't know why it so hard to see that Al's way no longer works in today's NFL. I have great respect for Al Davis, but, untill he sees the light, I fear the Raiders will be a mediocre team, at best, for years to come.

Tha rock
02-08-2006, 07:37 PM
Take this for what it's worth...just my opinion.

I would love to see the Wiz in silver and black. He is exactly what the Raiders need to right the ship. Unfortunately, I don't think you have anything to worry about.

Al Davis is mired in the past. He does not believe in paying a HC. You don't need to worry about the Wiz being offered money he would be foolish to turn down... it aint gonna happen.

The one thing that would bring the Wiz to Oaktown would be control. You don't need to worry about that, either. Al Davis will never give up enough control to entice Wiz to take the job.

I look for Art Shell to get another shot... someone Al doesn't have to pay a lot of money, and even more importent... someone who Al can control. You have no idea how much I hope I am wrong... but I don't think I am.

Unfortunately, there are very few of us Raider fans that seem to be able to take the rose colored glasses off when it comes to Al Davis. He can do no wrong in the eyes of 99% of all Raider fans. I don't know why it so hard to see that Al's way no longer works in today's NFL. I have great respect for Al Davis, but, untill he sees the light, I fear the Raiders will be a mediocre team, at best, for years to come.

look if al wants him he willl pay secondly you dont no how much power he will give so we will just have to wait an see wont we!

silver & black
02-08-2006, 07:53 PM
look if al wants him he willl pay secondly you dont no how much power he will give so we will just have to wait an see wont we!
I can't really argue with that... you're right, we will have to wait and see. I didn't state anything as fact, did I? I said it was my opinion.

You haven't even been alive for as long as I've been a Raider fan... I think I have a bit more insight, and a better understanding of how Al Davis works than you do... I've been observing it for 38 years, now.

tony hipchest
02-08-2006, 07:57 PM
ive seen 2 out of 3 raiderfans say any head coaching job is better than an assistants job. tell that to mike tice at less than a mil/year and tell that to g. williams and a. saunders at 2+ mil/year. if davis was smart he would give up control and hand over the reigns to wiz. if the rooneys are smart they will act like d. snyder and give a hefty payraise to wiz to keep him. i dont know what lebeau earns but he is, and has been in the past, the magic to the steelers defense. i really think the rooneys could buy another sb or 2 if they keep these 2 coaches in place. just remember rooneys...THERE IS NO SALARY CAP ON COACHING STAFF!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-08-2006, 08:09 PM
Just becuz he interviews doesnt mean he'll go...he sticks it out another year or 2..better jobs will open up for him.

No offense to our raider members, but in all honestly.. The raiders are not a place for a first time head coach to go to.. there are exceptions but you couldnt pay enough to work for Al Davis.

WWIIOwheelz
02-08-2006, 08:41 PM
Raiders fans, I have a gut-feeling Davis senses the time running out, and ESPECIALLY after seeing Pittsburgh rise to the top again after such a long hiatus.

My feeling:

Davis gives Wiz GREAT 1st year money and control. NOT Holmgren-like control, but enough to make him take 15 times what he's making now to jump at the chance to be a head coach. Don't think Wiz is excited? That coulda been any one of us at that airport.

silver & black
02-09-2006, 09:48 AM
Raiders fans, I have a gut-feeling Davis senses the time running out, and ESPECIALLY after seeing Pittsburgh rise to the top again after such a long hiatus.

My feeling:

Davis gives Wiz GREAT 1st year money and control. NOT Holmgren-like control, but enough to make him take 15 times what he's making now to jump at the chance to be a head coach. Don't think Wiz is excited? That coulda been any one of us at that airport.
I really hope you're right. If Al hopes to see another championship before his time is up, he needs to wake up and smell the coffe. He needs to give Wiz enough money and control, even if it goes aginst his beliefs.

Al Davis is a brilliant football guy... I just hope that his great ego can be put aside for the good of the Raiders. We will see.

Al Davis quote... "The greatness of the Raiders, is in their future." Time to practice what you preach, Mr. Davis. Step up, and do the right thing for your loyal fans!

TheWarDen86
02-09-2006, 09:53 AM
I say there's NO WAY Whiz goes to Oakland. He just interviewed for the sake of interview experience.

WeNowHave5
02-09-2006, 10:12 AM
Just becuz he interviews doesnt mean he'll go...he sticks it out another year or 2..better jobs will open up for him.

No offense to our raider members, but in all honestly.. The raiders are not a place for a first time head coach to go to.. there are exceptions but you couldnt pay enough to work for Al Davis.

I agree. Raiders are for Coaches and thugs who have well-establsihed their coaching and thuggery in the NFL :sofunny:

83-Steelers-43
02-09-2006, 10:29 AM
Wiz would be making a huge mistake If he takes the HC job in Oakland. Having to deal with Al Davis is reason enough for him not to take the job. That's the last place anybody would want to coach. The guy deserves better.

As for other teams that may be interested in The Wiz, I think he should stick around a year or two with the Steelers. I think LeBeau was hinting to Wiz at the parade that the HC job isn't all what it's cracked up to be at times. It's not an easy leap. Get more time under your belt, look at your options in a year or two and then make the decision.

silver & black
02-09-2006, 10:34 AM
I agree. Raiders are for Coaches and thugs who have well-establsihed their coaching and thuggery in the NFL :sofunny:
...And so it starts. Why must the thuggery comments always come out? Did a Raiders fan come on here and disrepect your team in this thread?

I understand that you don't want to lose Wiz, I wouldn't either if I was in your position. I don't blame the Steelers oganization, or the the fans, one bit for wanting/trying to keep him. I, on the other hand, would love to see him take the job. Not because of any spite or malice toward the Steelers, but, because I see the same virtues in him, that you do.

How about ceasing with the uncalled for inuendos... at least untill it is warrented?

4xSBChamps
02-09-2006, 10:35 AM
Tunch Ilkin related this story this morning, from 'friends inside the Raider organization', about the inner-workings of that team:

a few years ago, the Offensive Line Coach and his Offensive Tackle were at-practice, quarreling about a certain blocking-technique on a particular play.....
when they couldn't resolve the issue, they went over the Offensive Coordinator's head, past the Head Coach's office, and took the matter straight to Al Davis himself.....

after Davis listened to both sides explain their ideas on that aspect of the play, Davis turned to the Offensive Line Coach, saying:
" It is easier to replace an Offensive Line Coach than it is to replace an Offensive Tackle:
DO IT HIS WAY!!!!! "
pointing to the Offensive Tackle.

If Whisenhunt wants to step into THAT kind of envoirnment, where players and position-coaches disregard a Head Coach's authority, God help him:
HE'LL NEED IT!!!!!

He'd be better-served to wait for another job-opening, possibly when Tom Coughlin self-implodes in a few years at New York, so he can inherit Archibald's youngest losing-son, and Plexigalss for his offensive mix:
Whisenhunt's 'street-value' will only go-up in the next few seasons.
:wink02:

WeNowHave5
02-09-2006, 10:46 AM
...And so it starts. Why must the thuggery comments always come out? Did a Raiders fan come on here and disrepect your team in this thread?

Relax, just having some fun with a little truth. I live in South Fl and we all joke around about the University Of Miami Hurricanes and their Historical Criminal athletes. Dont take things so personal. Its just a game.

silver & black
02-09-2006, 10:47 AM
Tunch Ilkin related this story this morning, from 'friends inside the Raider organization', about the inner-workings of that team:

a few years ago, the Offensive Line Coach and his Offensive Tackle were at-practice, quarreling about a certain blocking-technique on a particular play.....
when they couldn't resolve the issue, they went over the Offensive Coordinator's head, past the Head Coach's office, and took the matter straight to Al Davis himself.....

after Davis listened to both sides explain their ideas on that aspect of the play, Davis turned to the Offensive Line Coach, saying:
" It is easier to replace an Offensive Line Coach than it is to replace an Offensive Tackle:
DO IT HIS WAY!!!!! "
pointing to the Offensive Tackle.

If Whisenhunt wants to step into THAT kind of envoirnment, where players and position-coaches disregard a Head Coach's authority, God help him:
HE'LL NEED IT!!!!!

He'd be better-served to wait for another job-opening, possibly when Tom Coughlin self-implodes in a few years at New York, so he can inherit Archibald's youngest losing-son, and Plexigalss for his offensive mix:
Whisenhunt's 'street-value' will only go-up in the next few seasons.
I have heard all the Al Davis horror stories you can find. Do remember how tired you were/are of the spin the media used/is using to taint your SB win? Anyone with a brain knows it is bullsh*t. Try and see this the same way.

The Raiders and Al Davis are hated around the NFL, and the media feeds like a bunch of starving sharks off of it. I am not about to say that every bad thing you ever heard about Al Davis is a lie, but damn, most of it is far from the truth!

WeNowHave5
02-09-2006, 10:50 AM

Thats Al DAVIS's fault for allowing that to happen. His "Just WIN" baby approach can be self defeating sometimes. Let also not forget that the history behind Raider Penalties shows general lack of discipline which comes from coaching

MNsteelers
02-09-2006, 10:53 AM
I have heard all the Al Davis horror stories you can find. Do remember how tired you were/are of the spin the media used/is using to taint your SB win? Anyone with a brain knows it is bullsh*t. Try and see this the same way.

The Raiders and Al Davis are hated around the NFL, and the media feeds like a bunch of starving sharks off of it. I am not about to say that every bad thing you ever heard about Al Davis is a lie, but damn, most of it is far from the truth!

I'm trying to figure out why you can find so much loyalty for an owner who has moved and tried to move his team several times, hasn't won in decades, brings in shady personnel/makes the wrong personnel moves and doesn't let his coaches do their job. The post about Gruden earlier was completely correct; he got out of there because he wasn't going to win because Davis is too offensive-minded.

Wiz is a great fit in Oakland and with Davis. There is no way he's not taking that job, so let's not be naive and wish him the best. He did a fantastic job and he deserves his chance to be great. Granted, success in Oakland can't be too difficult considering they've won nine games in two years, but Wiz won't be compared with Norv Turner. Best of luck Coach Wiz! Thanks for the Super Bowl!

WeNowHave5
02-09-2006, 10:59 AM
I'm trying to figure out why you can find so much loyalty for an owner who has moved and tried to move his team several times, hasn't won in decades, brings in shady personnel/makes the wrong personnel moves and doesn't let his coaches do their job. The post about Gruden earlier was completely correct; he got out of there because he wasn't going to win because Davis is too offensive-minded.

Wiz is a great fit in Oakland and with Davis. There is no way he's not taking that job, so let's not be naive and wish him the best. He did a fantastic job and he deserves his chance to be great. Granted, success in Oakland can't be too difficult considering they've won nine games in two years, but Wiz won't be compared with Norv Turner. Best of luck Coach Wiz! Thanks for the Super Bowl!

But thats probably why Wiz wont win in Oakland. That organization needs to be changed from the top. Wiz may get some head coaching experience with OAK (which may be why he is going to OAK, just for the head coaching experience) but I see him ultimatley coaching somewhere else.

tony hipchest
02-09-2006, 11:09 AM
i see alot of posts saying wiz should stay and wait for a better job next year. but only 4xsbchamps has offered up a potential openning in the next few years. there will definitely not be as many openings next year as there was this year. about 20 teams have 1st -3rd year coaches who are unlikely to be fired before they are given a legitimate shot. about 10 teams coached by the likes of belichick, holmgren, fox, gibbs, parcells cowher, and shannahan- these guys arent going anywhere.

maybe the cardinals would want a new coach next year. now who is more committed to winning, the raiders or cardinals? id say the raiders. possibly shottenheimer gets fired if he misses the playoffs again, but other than that i cant see any other teams making changes in the near future

silver & black
02-09-2006, 11:14 AM
Relax, just having some fun with a little truth. I live in South Fl and we all joke around about the University Of Miami Hurricanes and their Historical Criminal athletes. Dont take things so personal. Its just a game.
Sorry if I got a little carried away. I hear this sh*t everywhere I go. This thug reputation all started when Art Shell was hired as the first black coach in the NFL. It seemed like after that, every gang banger and gangster rap artist was wearing our colors and logo as some kind of symbol of rising out of oppression or... don't screw with me cause I'm a bada$$... you can tell because I wear Raiders colors. BULLSH*T! The Raiders are about football... hard hitting, agressive, and sometimes over the edge... but football none the less... not hoodlums and convicts.................. we can leave that to the cowgirls. :busted:

silver & black
02-09-2006, 11:21 AM
Thats Al DAVIS's fault for allowing that to happen. His "Just WIN" baby approach can be self defeating sometimes. Let also not forget that the history behind Raider Penalties shows general lack of discipline which comes from coaching
I can't disagree with that. In the past The Raiders were always good enough to overcome the penalties. Most of the penalties were late hits and cheap shots. They didn't care, it was about intimidating the other team, making them quit... it worked. Phil Villapianno used to swear that the opposing QB would throw the ball to him on purpose, just so he could get off the field and not get hit again.

4xSBChamps
02-09-2006, 11:22 AM

I doubt Ilkin, who was 'asked' by Art Shell to 'help-out' when Shell was Davis' Head Coach (Davis' response to Shell about Ilkin helping-out was "What do we need HIM for? YOU were an Offensive Lineman yourself!" ), would go on-air and make that claim unless it is widely known to be true, and/or couldn't back it up with witnesses.

If you wanna think that a few questionable calls during a football game will 'taint' this Super Bowl victory, so-be-it, but it won't be 'tainted' ANYWHERE-NEAR the level of Al Davis' track-record of dealing with people, and his football team's results the last 20 (7 playoff appearances, 6 playoff game wins ) seasons, which speak for themselves in Black & White.

If Coach Whisenhunt decides to take the job in Oakland, I wish him nothing but the best (until he plays the Stillers ):
all I'm saying is that he can do MUCH-BETTER if he waits......
:cheers:

Parcells is just another heart-beat from vapor-lock, too, if Jerry Jones will stay out of Whisenhunt's way, and the Raiders 'thug' modus-operandi began when they knocked-out Swann from behind, when he was 40 yards away from the play:
it had nothing to do with 'racism' when Art Shell was hired to coach that team years later.
:rolleyes:

silver & black
02-09-2006, 11:44 AM

Why are Browns fans so loyal to their team? Why are you so loyal to your team? The Steelers haven't exactly been setting the world on fire either, untill recently. Every team has or will go through a down period... the Raiders are experiencing their's now. I remember a time when I heard quite a few Steeler fans calling for Cowher's head.

I am a loyal Raiders fan because they have been my team for 38 years. I remember the glory days. No, we don't have as many SB wins as you do, but we have played in 5 of them and won 3 of them. The Raiders have appeared in the SB in 4 out of the last 5 decades.There aren't too many teams that can say that, in fact, no other team can say that. We have 3 SB wins, 3 AFC championships, 15 divisional championships, the winnigest record in the NFL on MNF, and untill recently, the Raiders were the winningest pro sports franchize in the world... period!

Why is anyone a loyal fan of whatever team they root for? I don't know. Would it be better if I were to become a die hard Steelers fan now, because my team is experiencing some bad years right now and the Steelers are on top? We all know what we call those kind of fans, don't we?

Enjoy your stay at the top. You may or may not be there for a while, who knows... In the NFL, nothing is forever. Look what happened to us after winning three staight AFC West titles, an AFC Championship and a SB apprearance!

silver & black
02-09-2006, 12:03 PM
I doubt Ilkin, who was 'asked' by Art Shell to 'help-out' when Shell was Davis' Head Coach (Davis' response to Shell about Ilkin helping-out was "What do we need HIM for? YOU were an Offensive Lineman yourself!" ), would go on-air and make that claim unless it is widely known to be true, and/or couldn't back it up with witnesses.

If you wanna think that a few questionable calls during a football game will 'taint' this Super Bowl victory, so-be-it, but it won't be 'tainted' ANYWHERE-NEAR the level of Al Davis' track-record of dealing with people, and his football team's results the last 20 (7 playoff appearances, 6 playoff game wins ) seasons, which speak for themselves in Black & White.

If Coach Whisenhunt decides to take the job in Oakland, I wish him nothing but the best (until he plays the Stillers ):
all I'm saying is that he can do MUCH-BETTER if he waits......

Parcells is just another heart-beat from vapor-lock, too, if Jerry Jones will stay out of Whisenhunt's way, and the Raiders 'thug' modus-operandi began when they knocked-out Swann from behind, when he was 40 yards away from the play:
it had nothing to do with 'racism' when Art Shell was hired to coach that team years later.
I never said that a few bad calls would taint your victory. I came on here and stood up for the Steelers against that crap. I have not, and will not say anything to detract from what the Steelers did. I was using it to point out how the media will try to twist things to suit their need... most of the time it involves controversy... that's what sells.

This incident that you cited may very well have happened. All I'm saying is that, Al Davis is not the anti-christ that the media and the NFL make him out to be. It just makes for good press to keep the myth alive.

Let me play devil's advocate for a minute. Wiz is at the top of his game right now, this minute. His stock will never be as high as it is at this moment (possibly). What happens if the Steelers have a bad season next year? It doesn't seem likely, I know, but...

If he stays with the Steelers (which, I personnaly think he will) it is a gamble on his part that the Steelers will have another great season, and he will be sought for a HC position again. If the Steelers don't have that great season, for whatever reason... loss of players to FA, injury, etc.... then, hind sight looks real good. It is a tough situation to be in. I have no doubt that Wiz will be a HC somewhere, if it isn't with the Raiders, before his career is over.

silver & black
02-09-2006, 12:18 PM
....... and the Raiders 'thug' modus-operandi began when they knocked-out Swann from behind, when he was 40 yards away from the play:
Did I throw out the racism card? No! The Raiders had a reputation for that kind of stuff way before that game or that particular play. I can see where you be upset over it. I would be too if I were a Steeler fan. The Raider's image was that of a hard hitting, intimidating, in your face, do something about it if you can, football team.

The "thug" thing is another animal altogether... an undesreved monacre. It definatley stems from the time of Art Shell, gangster rap, and gang bangers.

4xSBChamps
02-09-2006, 12:33 PM
Wiz is at the top of his game right now, this minute. His stock will never be as high as it is at this moment.
You are correct on all counts here, he is in a position to deal from STRENGTH, not weakness, so why would Whisenhunt subject himself to a once-proud organization, whose owner, if he looked at who REALLY ran his team so-poorly the last 20+ years (himself ), would fire that man instantly, yet he won't allow himself to do that?
:confused:

Evereybody here realizes and accepts that Whisenhunt will become a Head Coach, and that he'd probably like to do it sooner-rather-than-later:
I just don't think that he has-to jump at THIS job, at THIS time, for THIS owner/organization.....

He'd be better-served if he could find structured team/organization, with either a young QB and 'mould' him (ala Manning in New York ), or take an aging super-star with something left in the tank, as Shanahan did in Denver with Elway in the late-'90s:
at this time, Oakland offers neither the 'stability', nor the QB, for either criteria to be met.....

..... but as my Dad used-to-say "what the Hell do 'I' know about football....."

silver & black
02-09-2006, 01:30 PM
You are correct on all counts here, he is in a position to deal from STRENGTH, not weakness, so why would Whisenhunt subject himself to a once-proud organization, whose owner, if he looked at who REALLY ran his team so-poorly the last 20+ years (himself ), would fire that man instantly, yet he won't allow himself to do that?
:confused:

Evereybody here realizes and accepts that Whisenhunt will become a Head Coach, and that he'd probably like to do it sooner-rather-than-later:
I just don't think that he has-to jump at THIS job, at THIS time, for THIS owner/organization.....

He'd be better-served if he could find structured team/organization, with either a young QB and 'mould' him (ala Manning in New York ), or take an aging super-star with something left in the tank, as Shanahan did in Denver with Elway in the late-'90s:
at this time, Oakland offers neither the 'stability', nor the QB, for either criteria to be met.....

..... but as my Dad used-to-say "what the Hell do 'I' know about football....."
I understand where you are coming from, but I also think that you are letting your bias against Al Davis get the better of you. The Raiders haven't been as bad as it seems over the past 20 years. As good as they used to be? No. But they haven't been at the bottom either, except for these past three dismal years. C'mon, they were just in the SB three years ago! They won the AFC West in 2000 - 2001 - 2002.

You don't think that Andrew Walter is a good young QB that the Wiz could work with? He moves in the pocket very well, avoids sacks, has a big arm and deep accuracy. He is 6'7" and 235 lbs. He is almost a clone of Ben. I would think Wiz would love to work with him.