PDA

View Full Version : Prayers for XT

HometownGal
04-12-2010, 09:15 AM
I just got a call from Eric (XT) a few minutes ago and he informed me that early this morning, he had received a call that his Mom was a no-show at dialysis this morning and that the ACCESS van had waited 15 minutes for her at her apartment building and she never came down. Eric rushed over to his Mom's apartment and found that she had passed away. Needless to say, he was hysterical as he and his Mom were extremely close and he loves her so much. I knew his Mom and she was not only a very classy lady, but a great Mom to Eric and a very special person. God needed another angel and chose Eloise.

Eric is going to need a lot of support while trying to deal with this tragic loss and I am asking all of you in our Steelers Fever family to pray for him and his family. Eric is a great guy and has been a wonderful friend to me for so many years and I'm going to do everything I can to help to try to make this unfortunate journey a little easier if possible.

Rest in peace Eloise - I know you are already in Heaven livening up the place! :tombstone:

devilsdancefloor
04-12-2010, 09:19 AM
Prayers and thoughts for XT and family

fansince'76
04-12-2010, 09:19 AM
My thoughts and prayers, Eric. Believe me, I know how you're feeling right now as I lost my mother 20+ years ago. God bless you.

BigBen'sSwagger
04-12-2010, 09:32 AM
You definitely got em Eric

steelpride12
04-12-2010, 10:59 AM
Ahh X-T Im truly so sorry and Myself and sure the rest of us here are here for you! God chose her because she was something special and he chose her to serve him in eternal happiness! I hope you find comfort and happiness In knowing she is safe and out of harm's way for good! R.I.P.

Godfather
04-12-2010, 11:05 AM
Prayers sent.

klick81
04-12-2010, 11:14 AM
I can't imagine his pain. My thoughts and prayers are with you XT.

Texasteel
04-12-2010, 11:45 AM
I am so sorry my friend. I know how you feel, having lost my father several years ago. You are in my thoughts and my prayers. God bless you, and keep you, and your family. Again, my heart go's out to you Eric.

SteelersinCA
04-12-2010, 11:47 AM
Hang in there XT.

revefsreleets
04-12-2010, 02:30 PM
God bless, my friend....

supa_fly_steeler
04-12-2010, 02:34 PM
This is saddening for steelers nation.

Im sorry for the loss

NEPAsteeler
04-12-2010, 03:45 PM
My thoughts and prayers are definitely with Eric and his family

May his mother rest in peace.

Galax Steeler
04-12-2010, 03:48 PM
Sorry to hear about the loss XT thoughts and prayers headed your way.

lamberts-lost-tooth
04-12-2010, 03:51 PM
Eric...I am so sorry brother.

Words are never enough but I will pray for you and my heart goes out to you and your family.

I wrote this some time ago but it still applies to you my friend.

Ode to my Friend

The problems of this world are large,
lifes trials so demanding.
I need a God beyond my ken,
beyond my understanding.

I've not the means to know each thread
within lifes knitted veil,
but He that works the Weavers wheel,
knows every strand so well.

So I lift my prayer to He who knows,
in He that loves His own.
I know full well He hears, He helps...
and to you my prayers are flown.

I leave the details to my God
and trust that in His grace,
He will hold you close within His arms,
in His healing, warm embrace.

-LLT

The Duke
04-12-2010, 03:56 PM
So sorry for your loss bro

take care

stlrtruck
04-12-2010, 04:14 PM
XT I'm sorry for your loss. I pray that God's Peace and Comfort surround you and your family during this trying time. I pray that you find your own peace with God's plan for your mom.

hindes204
04-12-2010, 04:20 PM
I'm very sorry to hear that, my prayers are with you XT

MACH1
04-12-2010, 04:46 PM
I'm sorry for your loss, thoughts and prayers out to you and your family.

X-Terminator
04-12-2010, 05:41 PM
Thank you, Marianne, for starting this thread for me, and thanks to all for the prayers and thoughts. This has truly been the worst day of my life. Even though I knew this day would come given my Mom's poor health, it still took me completely by surprise. I had just spoken with her on Saturday night and she was fine - we had a nice conversation and she was laughing and joking and being her usual self. Last evening, a family friend went to her apartment to give her her medications, and he said he didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. And this morning, I find her dead...I just can't believe it. Mom was always a fighter - even though she was sick every day, she still carried on, determined to be independent so that she wouldn't be a burden on anyone and so that I would be able to have a life of my own. She had been suffering from diabetes and hypertension-related illnesses for over 20 years, was a double amputee and had spent the last 9 years on dialysis, which is far longer than the average person. Only a third of all dialysis patients live 5 years or longer, and it's even worse for people in her condition - about 1 in 10 people with diabetes and/or hypertension live that long. As you can imagine, I am devastated - she wasn't just my mother, she was my buddy, and as big a Steelers fan as you could imagine. I don't know how I will be able to get though this, but I will find a way. I have to.

Thanks again all for your thoughts and prayers, and please, keep them coming.

xfl2001fan
04-12-2010, 09:18 PM
My heartfelt prayers and thoughts go out to you XT and to your family as well.

SteelCityMom
04-12-2010, 09:33 PM
I'm so sorry XT...my thoughts go out to you and your family. Stay strong for her.

Shea
04-12-2010, 10:42 PM
So sorry to hear of your loss, XT. I can only imagine what you are going thru right now.

You definitely will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Hope God will receive all our prayers and find a way to touch you to ease you in your suffering.

GutterflowerSteel
04-12-2010, 10:53 PM
Eric, I'm so sorry to hear about your beloved Mother's passing. Your memories of her love will help sustain you in the hard days ahead - along with the heartfelt prayers of Steelers Nation. God bless you and your Mom :grouphug: It sounds like you were her joy :heart:

OneForTheToe
04-12-2010, 11:04 PM
Sorry sorry, XT. God be with you.

stillers4me
04-12-2010, 11:18 PM
I'm so sorry, XT. Mom's are so precious.

steelerdude15
04-12-2010, 11:38 PM
I'm sorry for everything that has happened XT. You are in my thoughts.

KeiselPower99
04-13-2010, 12:05 AM
Eric Im very sad for you and your family. I couldnt imagine losing a parent let alone be the one to find them. May your Mother be in heaven not hurting or sick anymore and may you remember the great times you had.

GBMelBlount
04-13-2010, 01:05 PM
Eric, you are without a doubt one of my favorite people on Steelersfever.

It pains me to hear of your loss and I can only imagine what you are going through....

Hopefully, having the love and support of those close to you, and knowing that your mother is in a better place, will help you through this difficult time. :hug:

memphissteelergirl
04-13-2010, 01:16 PM
Eric, you are without a doubt one of my favorite people on Steelersfever.

It pains me to hear of your loss and I can only imagine what you are going through....

Hopefully, having the love and support of those close to you, and knowing that your mother is in a better place, will help you through this difficult time. :hug:

I echo these sentiments...

My heart goes out to you XT...you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Vincent
04-13-2010, 05:03 PM
Very sorry XT. From what you've written, she was very special to you and you were a good son.

SteelMember
04-15-2010, 11:24 AM
Sorry for your loss, XT.

As I'm sure it's been very difficult for you, just remember you have years of memories that can never be taken away. She will live in your heart forever. Stay strong. She is with you.

Prayers to you.

Preacher
04-15-2010, 02:29 PM
Just read this now.

Very sorry to hear about that. I will be praying.

Nadroj 20
04-15-2010, 02:32 PM
I just saw this now too and im very sorry XT. Hang in there bud.

Polamalu Princess
04-15-2010, 07:49 PM
May God be with you and yours.

Aussie_steeler
04-15-2010, 07:57 PM
Sorry for your loss.

Always carry her close to your heart and make her proud with everything you do.

Thinking of you.

NJarhead
04-15-2010, 08:27 PM
My heart just sank.

I'm so sorry XT. Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

X-Terminator
04-16-2010, 05:12 PM
Well today, my Mom was laid to rest in a beautiful and obviously emotional ceremony. Now, my healing process can begin. It's amazing...I really didn't cry all that much today and I'm already starting to feel the pain ease, probably because after seeing Mom looking so peaceful, I truly know now that she is in a better place, and is no longer suffering, as she had for the better part of 20 years. I am taking that memory of her from today, as well as all of the other wonderful memories I have of my Mom, and that will undoubtedly get me though this very difficult time.

Again, thank you all for your thoughts and prayers.

SteelCityMan786
04-23-2010, 09:24 PM
XT, my prayers are with you.

Indo
04-26-2010, 03:56 PM
Just saw this

So sorry for your loss---You and your family are in my prayers

And you are right---she is in a Better Place...

43Hitman
04-29-2010, 08:24 AM
I also just saw this. I am very sorry for your loss XT. I will be praying for you and your family.

BlastFurnace
04-30-2010, 04:44 PM
XT...I will certainly be praying for you and your family.