PDA

View Full Version : Holmes trade, it was about the drugs.

zulater
04-12-2010, 12:17 PM
I hope this doesn't come across as spamming, but I'm sick of hearing how the Steelers are employing a double standard and trying to equate the case of Holmes in Orlando with that of Ben in Georgia.

Holmes was released because he failed or missed a drug test period!

He violated Tomlin's trust, going back to the situation in 2008.

The Orlando thing is a non starter, outside of the stupid twitters from Holmes that came about as a result of Orlanda it's as if it never happened in regards to his release. So stop comparing the situations already!!!! :doh:

That is all.

:chuckle::wink02:

steelpride12
04-12-2010, 12:19 PM
Yupp Holmes case is completely different and he went against something this franchise hold strong to themselves and which they won't tolerate by any means and they proved it by getting rid of him for a high draft pick.

Hines0wnz
04-12-2010, 12:50 PM
Yupp Holmes case is completely different and he went against something this franchise hold strong to themselves and which they won't tolerate by any means and they proved it by getting rid of him for a high draft pick.

5th round is high?

LukesDad88
04-12-2010, 02:11 PM
5th round is high?

Why would they want another "high" draft pick? :wink02:

Steelers>NFL
04-12-2010, 02:18 PM
**pass the dutchie to the left hand side**

SteelCityMom
04-12-2010, 02:31 PM
5th round is high?

It was the highest offer the Steelers got for him, so they took it. Better than cutting him and getting nothing (like they were going to do if they couldn't trade him).

Indo
04-12-2010, 02:38 PM
Totally agree

Ben had, by all accounts, consensual sex. And then treated the girls like an a$$ (NOT illegal; not nice, but not illegal)

Holmes has repeat drug offenses and then has the audacity to tweet about it and further demonstrate his lack of Character

Ben has kept his mouth shut and, if anything, has done his best ot maintain the Character of the Organization

Ben has shown Lack of Judgement

Holmes has shown Lack of Character and Integrity

one is forgiveable
the other is a Cancer in the Locker room

RoethlisBURGHer
04-12-2010, 03:47 PM
Totally agree

Ben had, by all accounts, consensual sex. And then treated the girls like an a$$ (NOT illegal; not nice, but not illegal)

Holmes has repeat drug offenses and then has the audacity to tweet about it and further demonstrate his lack of Character

Ben has kept his mouth shut and, if anything, has done his best ot maintain the Character of the Organization

Ben has shown Lack of Judgement

Holmes has shown Lack of Character and Integrity

one is forgiveable
the other is a Cancer in the Locker room

EXACTLY.

Ben might get suspended by Goodell. He might just get fined. He might be forced into counseling (what I think will happen).

atlsteelers
04-12-2010, 04:04 PM
well maybe the steelers were worried about having two players concurrently suspened. i am not sure how that would effect the 53 man roster. but with holmes out 4 games and ben facing a league suspension maybe they felt that only they had to clear some space.

kirklandrules
04-12-2010, 04:07 PM
No, they dumped Holmes cause he couldn't stop burning the fat dubby. He's lucky he wasn't dumped last year.

solardave
04-12-2010, 04:10 PM
I hope this doesn't come across as spamming, but I'm sick of hearing how the Steelers are employing a double standard and trying to equate the case of Holmes in Orlando with that of Ben in Georgia.

Holmes was released because he failed or missed a drug test period!

He violated Tomlin's trust, going back to the situation in 2008.

The Orlando thing is a non starter, outside of the stupid twitters from Holmes that came about as a result of Orlanda it's as if it never happened in regards to his release. So stop comparing the situations already!!!! :doh:

That is all.

:chuckle::wink02:

I didn't hear about him missing a drug test and even so he has shown that no matter what he won't change. He obviously doesn't think he's doing anything wrong. :banging:

RoethlisBURGHer
04-12-2010, 04:13 PM
well maybe the steelers were worried about having two players concurrently suspened. i am not sure how that would effect the 53 man roster. but with holmes out 4 games and ben facing a league suspension maybe they felt that only they had to clear some space.

I don't think that had anything to do with it. Reports are that if the Steelers couldn't trade Holmes, they were going to release him outright.

And as for Ben being suspended, I don't think he gets suspended.

In Nevada, the woman is psycho and is just plain lying.

In Georgia, if anything Ben had consensual sex, IMO.

You can't be suspended for a civil lawsuit. If that were possible, then you could get suspended for getting a divorce, because that is technically a civil lawsuit.

I think the meeting with Goodell will pull Ben Roethlisberger back into reality. I think he will be told if anything like this happens again, he will be suspended without pay for some length of time.

Ben will probably be forced into counseling. I think that's a good thing and he needs it.

And as for the Steeler suspending him, I don't see that happening either. I think the Rooneys will explain to him that this will not be tolerated and he needs to fix himself, otherwise he will be punished. Maybe a suspension without pay, maybe they will go after some of his signing bonus, maybe he will be outright cut if something happens in the future.

Dino 6 Rings
04-12-2010, 04:31 PM
my wife was a big Holmes fan...she turned Steelers fan after marrying me. But her favorite was the Bus for sure. In regards to Holmes being traded she said.

"Let him go smoke weed on some other team now"

Bottom line. That's it.

He was great for us on the field. He did his best "that's how you be great" during the 08 season 09 playoffs. Pulled some major stuff out of his butt, Punt Return touchdown vs Chargers, big pass play TD against Ravens, the Catch in the Super Bowl. All awesome.

Now he's a Jet.

Now I hope he FAILS.

JETS
Just
End
The
Season

CaliStillersFan
04-12-2010, 04:56 PM
I heard one of the idiots on ESPN say earlier that Ben could be forced into a substance abuse program for counseling. I laughed because I didn't realize a woman's vagina is now considered a substance and that it could be bad for us. Are they going to call it Tiger Syndrome now? This is beyond ridiculous.

I can't be alone in feeling completely sick of hearing about athletes personal lives, and I'm really tired of listening to all the fake high-moral hypocrites in this country condemn athletes every time they do something stupid. WAKE UP PEOPLE. Athletes are dumb jocks, they do dumb jock things. They always have, they always will. These guys are pampered from the age of 10 and told that they are special. Our entire culture is geared toward rewarding athletic success. Just look at any division 1 universities budget and look at the difference in money spent on education vs their athletic departments. So why is everyone so shocked when one screws a college chick in a bathroom or smokes some pot or gets a DUI? I don't give a crap what they do as long as they are on the field Sunday and give it 100%. If their off-field issues cut into that then I'll care.

You know we're screwed when our athletes are expected to act like priests while our priests are acting like athletes.

Galax Steeler
04-13-2010, 04:30 AM
It is ashamed that Holmes couldn't keep his self straight. He was a good receiver and fit in good at Pittsburgh he just couldn't keep his head screwed on straight.

Preacher
04-13-2010, 04:59 AM
I didn't hear about him missing a drug test and even so he has shown that no matter what he won't change. He obviously doesn't think he's doing anything wrong. :banging:

Sounds like Ben doesn't it? :chuckle: