PDA

View Full Version : ARE was right

Curtain_of_Steel
04-12-2010, 03:51 PM
He did say he would be #3 WR didn't he?lol We all asked what he was smoking, lol.

stillers4me
04-12-2010, 03:52 PM
He did say he would be #3 WR didn't he?lol We all asked what he was smoking, lol.

Apparently, it wasn't him doing the smoking.. :wink02:

xbroughneck
04-12-2010, 03:53 PM
You may be joking, but I think you are right.

I think the Steelers knew they weren't bringing Santonio back because they new he was going to get a suspension.

Curtain_of_Steel
04-12-2010, 03:55 PM
I agree, I also think ARE may have been told something on the side. That we may have a issue with holmes smoking it up. You will have a shot at #3. I'm guessing they knew before yesterday.

Granted he probably didn't have many other offers on the table, lol

Vincent
04-12-2010, 04:00 PM

I think Mike Wallace is up to replacing his misbehavior. I also think ARE is capable of replacing MW's rookie production (50 v 39 recs) with the exception of the YPC. I don't think Hines will be any less "Hines". So we should be "OK". If Sweed steps up, well...

Curtain_of_Steel
04-12-2010, 04:12 PM
The only issue I see is, most D's dont have 3 solid cover guys. Which is what was required last year to shut our passing game down.

holmes
ward
wallace(getting the weakest of the 3 coverage players

We don't have the same dominating threat this year now, because wallace will get the top cover guy. Big difference.

Cancer or no cancer. 1 year deal for TO even if he put up wallace numbers he will be a happy camper. more than likely he would do quite a bit better in our set. I would hate to blow a top 3 round pick on a WR when its deep enough to cover several need positions, before today of course, lol

SteelerFanInATL
04-12-2010, 04:21 PM

WOW............:YOU KNOW SOMETHING........YOU'VE GOT A POINT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

steelerdave1969
04-12-2010, 05:05 PM
I think the Steelers may have known at the time that they were most likely not gonna bring him back and then when this stuff happened to Holmes again it was the final straw for him. He was gonna be wanting too much money next season anyways, but a 5th round pick is a Total Steal for the Jets

CaliStillersFan
04-12-2010, 05:08 PM
Cancer or no cancer. 1 year deal for TO even if he put up wallace numbers he will be a happy camper. more than likely he would do quite a bit better in our set. I would hate to blow a top 3 round pick on a WR when its deep enough to cover several need positions, before today of course, lol

I've always been a TO fan. He works hard and has high expectations, unfortunately his mouth is just as big. He wasn't a problem in Buffalo last year, I doubt he'd be a problem for the Steelers, not this late in his career. I'd rather have a proven TO than waste a draft pick on an unknown. They only need him for a year, and he will probably retire if there is a lockout in 2011.

tube517
04-12-2010, 05:22 PM
I said this in the other post. I think they knew something was up. Signing 2 FA WRs in addition to what we have was a lot. Yeah, Arnaz Battle is going to be on ST's but still a lot of WR's to carry on the roster.

ARE will be fine in the slot/#3 WR but he is NOT a #2. He's good for depth.

Heath Miller will probably have more targets. They cannot ignore the OL in the draft. Balance out the run and we'll be fine.

Godfather
04-12-2010, 06:35 PM
You may be joking, but I think you are right.

I think the Steelers knew they weren't bringing Santonio back because they new he was going to get a suspension.

Well, maybe they didn't know at the time they signed ARE, but they probably assumed it was just a matter of time before Santonio screwed up again.

tony hipchest
04-12-2010, 06:41 PM
I think Mike Wallace is up to replacing his misbehavior. .

:wtf: there is nothing suggesting that wallace is the headcase that holmes was. in the case of holmes, there were teams that had completely removed him from their draftboard coming out of college.

kinda suprised (and a bit glad) the steelers werent one of them.

Rdp616
04-12-2010, 06:51 PM
All i have to say is F***k you Santonio....Act your age.:banging:

Psyychoward86
04-12-2010, 07:04 PM
I think Mike Wallace is up to replacing his misbehavior.

huh, what did he do wrong

WilleStargellParker
04-12-2010, 07:21 PM
I thought the same thing last night and figured El must have been giving some inside information from the Steelers so he would sign.

Godfather
04-12-2010, 07:31 PM

Yeah, I was wondering why anyone would consider Wallace a thug.

He grew up in New Orleans. There was plenty of opportunity for him to find trouble if he wanted it.

Galax Steeler
04-13-2010, 04:36 AM
All i have to say is F***k you Santonio....Act your age.:banging:

Are you going to say that about Ben to.:popcorn:

supa_fly_steeler
04-13-2010, 04:45 AM
mike wallace will be a top 5 reciever in a few years

always said this

snead didnt make wallace, wallace made snead

Rdp616
04-15-2010, 02:40 AM
Are you going to say that about Ben to.:popcorn:

I should but, there's a difference between taking a girl in a bathroom and getting some. And saying it's time to wake and bake on Twitter...This Twitter thing has gotten alot of athletes in trouble.

BigBen'sSwagger
04-15-2010, 03:17 AM
Wow comments that we should take T.O. are you serious???

I have seen what he did down here in Texas and was thrilled the cryboys had him. He crys when he doesn't get thrown to and is only slightly better than Sweed when it comes to dropping critical passes. Our team is going to be divided enough with what has happened this off season if we bring in T.O we might as well start this team over from scratch.

Not no but Hell no to T.O.!!!

Preacher
04-15-2010, 03:29 AM
:wtf: there is nothing suggesting that wallace is the headcase that holmes was. in the case of holmes, there were teams that had completely removed him from their draftboard coming out of college.

kinda suprised (and a bit glad) the steelers werent one of them.

I could be wrong... but I think you both are taking his comment wrong. I read it as replacing misbehavior with someone like MW.