PDA

View Full Version : Roger Goodell vs. Ben Roethlisberger

RoethlisBURGHer
04-12-2010, 02:56 PM
Note: Mods, if you feel this should be with the other Ben threads, feel free to move it (which you would do anyhow).

Okay, Big Ben is not going to be prosecuted for sexual assault in Georgia, yet he still has to meet with Goodell and face whatever sanctions Goodell sees fit.

The possibilities are:

Suspension, minimum of four games.

A fine. Not sure how much it will be, probably at least a few game checks.

Forced into counseling. This is what I think will happen. I don't think there are grounds for a suspension or even a fine, but he does have a problem and could probably use the counseling.

Put into the NFL's substance abuse program. There have been photos of Ben drunk, and the Georgia incident has involved alcohol. The only reason I think this won't happen is because alcohol is legal for him to consume, and I don't feel the NFL has the right to tell him he can't drink, only a judge can do that putting him on probation....and since he hasn't done anything illegal he isn't on probation. He has never had a problem with illegal drugs, never tested positive or missed a test.

Simply a stern lecture.

Indo
04-12-2010, 04:38 PM
The Patriots suck and Tom Brady is gay

Prok
04-12-2010, 04:41 PM

Word. Except you should never capitalize names. ;-)

SteelersBry79
04-12-2010, 04:45 PM
I vote a stern lecture, but Goodell will do what Kraft tells him to do.

polamalubeast
04-12-2010, 04:46 PM

Roger Goodell sucks too

stillers4me
04-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Forced into counseling..Goodell knows there is no reason he can suspend Ben. Counseling saves face and makes it look like he's doing something. The Steelers will probably sit Ben one game. I hope the first game isn't a division game. But then I'm selfish like that.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-12-2010, 05:01 PM
Forced into counseling..Goodell knows there is no reason he can suspend Ben. Counseling saves face and makes it look like he's doing something. The Steelers will probably sit Ben one game. I hope the first game isn't a division game. But then I'm selfish like that.

I don't think that the Steelers are going to sit Ben for a game. If Goodell can't find reason to suspend him, I don't think the Steelers will either.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-12-2010, 05:05 PM
I dont think they can suspend him for something that he didnt do (at least not enough evidence to charge). Goodell would have to go off the "Ben, you put yourself in bad situations," speach which would lead to a stern lecture and a promise of suspension if anything happens again.
Hopefully Ben realizes on his own and changes his way. (But think about it.... Ben really can not go to a bar and drink anymore because he will be putting himself in a "situation"

fansince'76
04-12-2010, 05:17 PM
But think about it.... Ben really can not go to a bar and drink anymore because he will be putting himself in a "situation"

No he can't, because by doing so, he'll make himself a target for every goldigging barfly who wants a quick payday he comes within eyeshot of. If he's accused again, even if he's never within 50 feet of the accuser, he's automatically going to be judged guilty.

Vincent
04-12-2010, 05:19 PM
In "counseling" do you have to listen to the pinhead or can you listen to your ipod?

Indo
04-12-2010, 05:23 PM
In "counseling" do you have to listen to the pinhead or can you listen to your ipod?

What would you listen to? Gangsta Rap rape music?

In the Immortal words of Ice Cube
"Life ain't nuthin' but biitches and money"

http://www.lyricsfreak.com/n/nwa/gangsta+gangsta_20097483.html

http://i188.photobucket.com/albums/z175/jindovina/Misc%20Stuff/sarcasm2.gif

steelerdave1969
04-12-2010, 05:34 PM
I honestly think that there could be or should be more than one answer here. He could be suspended, which I really dont think Goodell will do. He most likely will have to go for counseling and maybe he should go for substance abuse. The guy has got to realize what he has in Pittsburgh . . he has a pretty darn good defense year in year out and plays for a class org.
I really hope that he has learned his lesson and will move on with this.

SteelGhost
04-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Being a pass-happy league, Santo's trade to the Jets, the Pats * suck, Tom Brady is gay and the texas stadium implosion.... a lecture will be enough :chuckle:

Shoes
04-12-2010, 05:52 PM
I think Ben will be out for two games.

Psyychoward86
04-12-2010, 06:00 PM
I call treason, there's no The Patriots suck and Tom Brady is gay option

steelerdude15
04-12-2010, 11:14 PM
Who knows, knowing our luck it would be all the above.

tube517
04-12-2010, 11:39 PM
You could also title this thread: The Rooneys vs Ben Roethlisberger. Art II may beat Goodell to the punch.

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10103/1049923-455.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml

JackHammer
04-13-2010, 12:31 AM
No he can't, because by doing so, he'll make himself a target for every goldigging barfly who wants a quick payday he comes within eyeshot of. If he's accused again, even if he's never within 50 feet of the accuser, he's automatically going to be judged guilty.

I dont think they can suspend him for something that he didnt do (at least not enough evidence to charge). Goodell would have to go off the "Ben, you put yourself in bad situations," speach which would lead to a stern lecture and a promise of suspension if anything happens again.
Hopefully Ben realizes on his own and changes his way. (But think about it.... Ben really can not go to a bar and drink anymore because he will be putting himself in a "situation"

He can do what he wants if he uses his brain and takes a guarded attitude towards the people he meets at these types of places. For example, he can party and bar hop with all the sorority sisters he can handle, but he can't end up in a small bathroom stall, alone with one of them. This could have all been avoided if he avoided putting himself in such a bad position. He's the star QB of the best, and arguably the most popular team in modern NFL history. He needs to recognize the target that it puts on his back and live accordingly. It sucks, but it's the reality that comes with the turf.

pancake
04-13-2010, 04:29 AM
I think Ben will be out for two games.

That is what I think, but if the players union gets involved it will be reduced to one, just like Brandon Marshall last year.

steeldawg
04-13-2010, 05:20 AM
Well i dont think Ben should be suspended at all but i fear that it may happen because the madia will be all over goodell to do it saying if he doesnt hes not being consistent in the same way he treats black atheletes.

HometownGal
04-13-2010, 05:25 AM
I voted that he will be forced into counseling. Unfortunately, however, when Mr. Happy gets tired of sitting and wants to stand up, it's a bit "hard" to tell him he can't. :chuckle:

wdsteel
04-13-2010, 05:33 AM
The FO are gona force him into some typ of class, fine him 1 game check (give to community) give a few speaches about what/how he got into this mess(in lines like Vic) at nearby schools.and the longshot the FO will have him hire a camera crew for when he goes out shoping or what ever :)