PDA

View Full Version : Ben's Touchdown

siss
02-05-2006, 11:09 PM
I dont think that Ben got his touchdown in, but it doesnt matter becasue the Steelers would have won anyway.
What does everythink of touchdwn? Did it get in? Did it not get in? Does it even matter cause they won anyway?

Avoid Lloyd
02-05-2006, 11:12 PM
It was one of those calls that could have gone either way. There really wasn't irrefutable proof so it wouldn't have been overturned either way.

I think it was a TD. About an inch of the ball crossed the line.

Then again, I might be a little biased:bouncy:

hmmmmmmmm
02-05-2006, 11:12 PM
I dont think he got it but theres no way that wouldnt have been a TD. A QB sneak gets that TD for sure....probably handing it off to Bettis woulda got it too

Andy225
02-05-2006, 11:13 PM
ooh yeah he was in... the ball was on the plane.... GG

payback for troy's overturned INT anyway if he wasn't in...

btw how about parkers longest rushing TD in superbowl history??? eh!!!

Sharkissle29
02-05-2006, 11:14 PM
i think he got in, and so did the announcers

Koopa
02-05-2006, 11:14 PM
I dont think that Ben got his touchdown in, but it doesnt matter becasue the Steelers would have won anyway.
What does everythink of touchdwn? Did it get in? Did it not get in? Does it even matter cause they won anyway?

they said on espn that when he was in the air the ball had crossed but on his way down they were pulling on him so he landed out of it, but all you have to do is get the ball over don't matter where you land

burgh123
02-05-2006, 11:18 PM
Way to go steelers

Hypocyloid
02-05-2006, 11:25 PM
From the video he had it across the line......! ! WORLD CHAMPS........!

SteelersGal17
02-05-2006, 11:27 PM
from this picture:

http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/6641/captsb28302060107superbowlfoot.jpg

looks like it was a touchdown, but I don't know...it looks like it to me, but it doesn't matter now, since we won

Koopa
02-05-2006, 11:28 PM
lol that pic was after he landed and then strecthed when he was deamed down. he got it when he was in the air

Avoid Lloyd
02-05-2006, 11:30 PM
lol that pic was after he landed and then strecthed when he was deamed down. he got it when he was in the air

You are correct sir.

Hypocyloid
02-05-2006, 11:33 PM
Correct... The air video....!

HINES....MVP......! ! !

northoftheborder
02-05-2006, 11:34 PM
Wouldve punched it in on the next play from the 1, even if 4 and one. Did not change the game.

Hypocyloid
02-05-2006, 11:36 PM
They just called it in, in the air in ESPN...!

siss
02-05-2006, 11:42 PM
from this picture:

looks like it was a touchdown, but I don't know...it looks like it to me, but it doesn't matter now, since we won
The caption for that pic should be "Ben looks up to see if he made a touchdown, not really sure if he did"

Sleepless In Seattle
02-06-2006, 12:07 AM
I agree with my boy Koopa. Ben was over the goal before he landed. It seemed alittle odd on tv when Ben reached the ball out at the end of the play and I think people suspected this as him "reaching" out for the touchdown. He had already held the ball onto the white line and was trying to push it along alittle farther. In the NFL it only has to touch the white line which it did. Touchdown and Super Bowl Champs......One for the Bus!

ColoradoSteelerFan
02-06-2006, 12:40 AM
The referee who called it was right on top of the play. The ball appeared to break the line just as he was hit. There was no way there was going to irrefutable evidence to overturn the call on the field. Holmgren's comments at halftime were great. The guys upstairs said it wasn't a TD. What guys? Your guys? The refs? So the refs upstairs said it wasn't a TD and the official reviewing the play simply ignored them?

TD!

STEELERS WIN!

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 12:55 AM
[QUOTE=Avoid Lloyd]It was one of those calls that could have gone either way. There really wasn't irrefutable proof so it wouldn't have been overturned either way.

I think it was a TD. About an inch of the ball crossed the line.[QUOTE]

I agree.

I'm sure this will be brought up for weeks in Seattle. What won't be brought up are the dropped balls, the out of bound catches, the Hasselbeck INT...etc. etc.

Brady12
02-06-2006, 01:01 AM
Wouldve punched it in on the next play from the 1, even if 4 and one. Did not change the game.

And you somehow have an incite, that they would? I personally didn't think it was a touchdown, but like several other shave said, Pitt won, and that is all.

DJfan
02-06-2006, 01:05 AM
The ball broke the plane. TD.

BlacknGold Bleeder
02-06-2006, 01:06 AM
That hypothetical plane that reaches around the world, he shattered that muther :wink:. Really he did break it in the air and was knocked back,they have always said it's a game of inches!!

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2006, 01:07 AM
IMO, the very very edge tip of the football crossed the plane.. but it was so close !!

Norsideguy
02-06-2006, 04:05 AM
yep..about an inch of the ball broke the plane, he was hit on the way down, knocking him back about 6 inches, then when he landed he reached the ball across the line. I would like to see a frame by frame replay of that.

rickmastfan67
02-06-2006, 04:17 AM
It seemed to me that the ball crossed the line by no more than 1 inch. But I would also like to see a frame by frame replay of it. Just to be on the safe side. ;)

rickmastfan67
02-06-2006, 04:54 AM
Now reguarding that Big Ben TD. I taped the whole game (just remember that :dang:) and I've just looked at it again. It was a TD. The laces of the football went over the goalline (which is part of the endzone) while Big Ben was in the air. Now, I have to finalize the DVD and once I do, I'll post a cap here of it. ;)

rickmastfan67
02-06-2006, 05:41 AM
Ok, here's the cap guys. My computer was being a pain in the but, so I had to resort to using my camera to take a picture of the DVD passed on my TV so it looks a little burry. So, if I get it fixed later, I'll post a better one.

Here it is:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v645/rickmastfan67/Big_Ben_SB_TD.jpg

jbattenhouse
02-06-2006, 06:14 AM
http://www.youtube.com/w/Steelers-TouchDown-%231?v=vqzw3lvmJmk&search=Steelers%20touchdown

Here is a link to the video of that. It goes in slow mo at the end and you can see where the ball crosses the plane while he is in the air. This is the best angle I have seen of it.

DIESELMAN
02-06-2006, 06:21 AM
[QUOTE=Avoid Lloyd]It was one of those calls that could have gone either way. There really wasn't irrefutable proof so it wouldn't have been overturned either way.

I think it was a TD. About an inch of the ball crossed the line.[QUOTE]

I agree.

I'm sure this will be brought up for weeks in Seattle. What won't be brought up are the dropped balls, the out of bound catches, the Hasselbeck INT...etc. etc.

It was a TD for sure maybe barely bet for sure.....also won't be brought up is Counter 34 Pike the 75 yd TD run that broke the Seahawks back and gave us our momentum back.....STEELERS WORLD CHAMPS!!!!!

70c10
02-06-2006, 06:36 AM
I thought the rule was the ball had to brake the plane (the back edge of the goal line) not just cross the front edge.

clevestinks
02-06-2006, 07:25 AM
If its on the score board now, then it counted, TD Ben

AKSteeler
02-06-2006, 07:48 AM
http://www.nfl.com/fans/rules/field

Digest of Rules

Field
1. Sidelines and end lines are out of bounds. The goal line is actually in the end zone. A player with the ball in his possession scores a touchdown when the ball is on, above, or over the goal line.

TOUCHDOWN BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rickmastfan67
02-06-2006, 08:21 AM
Well, I'm listening to Bill Cower's live Press Conference here on KDKA 2 in Pgh, he just said that if the Big Ben TD wouldn't have counted, they were going to go for it on 4th and I'm sure they would have gotten it in again. :cool:

ColoradoSteelerFan
02-06-2006, 08:35 AM
Ok, here's the cap guys. My computer was being a pain in the but, so I had to resort to using my camera to take a picture of the DVD passed on my TV so it looks a little burry. So, if I get it fixed later, I'll post a better one.

Here it is:

This pictures shows it all. The ball broke the goal line. TOUCHDOWN!

TasmanianTroy271
02-06-2006, 08:36 AM
I think there was no way to overturn it, either way, so whatever the original call was determined it.

TexaSteeler
02-06-2006, 09:13 AM
I agree with my boy Koopa. Ben was over the goal before he landed. It seemed alittle odd on tv when Ben reached the ball out at the end of the play and I think people suspected this as him "reaching" out for the touchdown. He had already held the ball onto the white line and was trying to push it along alittle farther. In the NFL it only has to touch the white line which it did. Touchdown and Super Bowl Champs......One for the Bus!

Yeah that's what I saw. The part that's screwing everything up is the ref changed his call to a touchdown after Ben put the ball over the goal line, looking like that's what changed his mind.

NovocainE
02-06-2006, 09:21 AM
I didnt think it went acrossed either until I saw the replay. It appears the tip of the ball did just barely break the plane. And thats all you need to do to score a TD. My neighbor was saying there was noway it went in. But he doesnt understand the rule. It doesnt matter if the whole ball crosses or just 1/8th of a inch of the ball crosses. It broke the plane.

DieHard4Stillers
02-06-2006, 09:23 AM
I thought the rule was the ball had to brake the plane (the back edge of the goal line) not just cross the front edge.

Not so...if you've ever watched the ref spot the ball on a touchback, they place the ball with the nose just touching the backside of the 20 yardline and call the ball "on the 20". to be a touchdown or a safety, the ball must only break that "Plane" by a milimeter as it is the beginning of the endzone...http://forums.steelersfever.com/images/icons/icon14.gif
Thumbs up

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 09:24 AM
The picture above doesn't lie. (Colorado Steeler fan)

rickmastfan67
02-06-2006, 09:29 AM
The picture above doesn't lie. (Colorado Steeler fan)

I know it doesn't lie. :) Pays off for me to have my digital camera on standby if I can't get my computer to play the DVD correctly to get a cap that way. :cool:

bmovierat
02-06-2006, 09:38 AM
yea. thanks for that pic, Rick. I'm convinced now. TOUCHDOWN!

ColoradoSteelerFan
02-06-2006, 09:58 AM
I found this quote from Washington Post columnist Michael Wilbon in an article in the Seattle Times:

What others are saying about the Super Bowl

Blown calls

Ben Roethlisberger's third-down dive into the end zone simply was not a touchdown. Because less than two minutes remained, the call was reviewed in the booth. And everybody in the stadium plus everybody at home could see, clear and conclusively, that Big Ben didn't get the ball across the goal line. It wasn't a touchdown, plain and simple. Yet the call stood and the Steelers had a touchdown.

Another penalty, assessed to the Seahawks early in the fourth quarter, which negated a gain to the 1, also never happened. A penalty against Hasselbeck for blocking below the waist when, in fact, he was trying to tackle the interceptor, was also erroneous. It would be irresponsible to say the officials were intentionally cheating Seattle. But the bad calls killed the Seahawks. ...

Michael Wilbon, Washington Post

LOOK AT THE PICTURE WILBON! OPEN YOUR FRIGGIN' EYES!

Here it is:

Wilbon is right....it is "CLEAR AND CONCLUSIVELY".....A TOUCHDOWN!

SteelCityPride
02-06-2006, 10:15 AM
I found this quote from Washington Post columnist Michael Wilbon in an article in the Seattle Times:

LOOK AT THE PICTURE WILBON! OPEN YOUR FRIGGIN' EYES!

Wilbon is right....it is "CLEAR AND CONCLUSIVELY".....A TOUCHDOWN!

good post... I like that, i can no longer stand these analysts, they need to all be fired, they are as accurate and dependable as weathermen...

ColoradoSteelerFan
02-06-2006, 12:29 PM
I want to keep this subject front and center because of the massive amount of CRAP that is being spouted in by the national media about Big Ben's TD run. EVERY SINGLE PERSON I have heard comment on this is saying that it was NOT a TD.

The picture provided here proves that it was CLEARLY a TD. I just emailed Dan Patrick and left him a link to this thread because I just hearn him mention that it was not a TD. I would suggest the Steeler nation flood his email and the emails of every other person you hear commenting that this was not a TD. They are basing their cases for the fact that the refs stole this game from the Seahawks on this TD run. It is time to set the record straight!

70c10
02-06-2006, 12:35 PM
The replays broken down frame by frame show the ball did not cross. That fuzzy pic shows the ball "after" he was down but it's a mute point now.

SteelerzGirl
02-06-2006, 12:35 PM
they said on espn that when he was in the air the ball had crossed but on his way down they were pulling on him so he landed out of it, but all you have to do is get the ball over don't matter where you land

I agree with Kooooooopa! It was very clear that the ball crossed the plane while in the air. I watched the replays over and over and it was quite clear the ball crossed the plane while Ben was high in the air. Kudos, though, to Big Ben for having enough presence of mind to make sure the ball was across the goal line even once he came down...(lol)! :bouncy:

SteelCityPride
02-06-2006, 12:37 PM
The replays broken down frame by frame show the ball did not cross. That fuzzy pic shows the ball "after" he was down but it's a mute point now.

what can you not see, he is def not down in this picture... Is there osmething wrong with you?

ColoradoSteelerFan
02-06-2006, 12:38 PM

WHAT????

LOOK AT THE PICTURE!!!!!

Ben is still in the air and the ball is crossing the goal line. It is not a mute point. It is a very POIGNANT point. Ben is in the air......play is still going on.....ball is breaking the goal line. In really technical football gargon, we call that a....

TOUCHDOWN!

Soory Seahawk fans. Spin it anyway you want to. That picture shows a TD. The ref called it. The refs reviewed it. TOUCHDOWN!

CASTEEL
02-06-2006, 12:51 PM

Here it is:

Thank you for posting this pic!!! I am printing it now and will carry it with me to show all the anti-fans that I work with.......

And to the poster who said that pic is after he is down.......HOW THE HELL IS HE DOWN WHILE HE'S IN THE AIR????:dang::dang::dang:

Super Bowl Champs x5 Baby!!!

boltsrus
02-06-2006, 12:52 PM
I think this is just one of a half-dozen questionable calls. The NFL is a bunch of cheap rich guys. Where are the full-time refs the Super Bowl and the Steelers deserve! Read this...

kutv.com/davidjames

CASTEEL
02-06-2006, 12:56 PM
I think this is just one of a half-dozen questionable calls. The NFL is a bunch of cheap rich guys. Where are the full-time refs the Super Bowl and the Steelers deserve! Read this...

kutv.com/davidjames

This is just one of only about 3 of the calls that all the biatches are crying about. There were not a half-dozen questionable calls in this game.......

ONE FOR THE THUMB.....DONE!

boltsrus
02-06-2006, 01:05 PM
Part-time refs are guessing because the NFL is too cheap to do it right. Read this

www.kutv.com/davidjames

Livinginthe past
02-06-2006, 01:07 PM
It seemed to be that it was a given that the refs seemed to be ruling on the cautious side throughout the game.

In other words, they were ruling against the score if there was any doubt - take the Jackson push-off or the holding call that brought the ball back from the 1 yard line (this happened twice to the Seahawks the other occasion being at about the 5, I think).....

If that is the case, then why is the ref giving a TD that he has to stand there looking at for maybe 5 seconds, surely if he has doubt he cannot give the score?

I think maybe Ben's second movement was enough to convince him somehow, even though it looked a little guilty and I thought it would sway the ref the other way.

I think we can say that the ball broke the plane - I just dont see how the ref could possibly see 1/18th of an inch of the ball cross the plane on a fast moving play.

NM

ColoradoSteelerFan
02-06-2006, 01:12 PM
It seemed to be that it was a given that the refs seemed to be ruling on the cautious side throughout the game.

In other words, they were ruling against the score if there was any doubt - take the Jackson push-off or the holding call that brought the ball back from the 1 yard line (this happened twice to the Seahawks the other occasion being at about the 5, I think).....

If that is the case, then why is the ref giving a TD that he has to stand there looking at for maybe 5 seconds, surely if he has doubt he cannot give the score?

I think maybe Ben's second movement was enough to convince him somehow, even though it looked a little guilty and I thought it would sway the ref the other way.

I think we can say that the ball broke the plane - I just dont see how the ref could possibly see 1/18th of an inch of the ball cross the plane on a fast moving play.

NM

Here we might have a case with the ref making the right call.....just in the wrong way. He probably does see Ben's final efforts to get the ball across after he's on the ground, missing the fraction of the ball the crossed the goal line while he was in the air. However, does this mean that he did not make the right call ultimately?

The ref reviewing the play obviously saw the action at the goal line while Ben was in the air and decided it was too close to call and therefore could not reverse. Today, we have conclusive photographic evidence that both the calling official and the replay official were both correct. Case closed. Now what other issues of Seahawk crying to we need to address?

rickmastfan67
02-06-2006, 06:57 PM
Thank you for posting this pic!!! I am printing it now and will carry it with me to show all the anti-fans that I work with.......

Glad I could do that. :cool: Give us a report on what the anti-fans think of it. :bouncy:

Kaish15
02-06-2006, 07:06 PM
http://www.youtube.com/w/Steelers-TouchDown-%231?v=vqzw3lvmJmk&search=Steelers%20touchdown

Here is a link to the video of that. It goes in slow mo at the end and you can see where the ball crosses the plane while he is in the air. This is the best angle I have seen of it.

I'm not the best on NFL rules, but if it has to pass the white line than yes. Touchdown Steelers! It touched the white line while he was still in the air. My friend says his legs were down, but, they were still in the air. Camera doesn't lie. Feel better now knowing it was a touchdown.

shevdog
02-06-2006, 09:31 PM
ooh yeah he was in... the ball was on the plane.... GG

payback for troy's overturned INT anyway if he wasn't in...

btw how about parkers longest rushing TD in superbowl history??? eh!!!

I agree that was good payback for Troy's INT.

That was too close. I don't think it went in, yet I'm going to agree with the refs on this one.

I've been a fan of Parker since 2004 training camp and it is so sweet to see Fast Willie make Super Bowl history! And a nice roll into the endzone!!!!! I'm gald he could show of his skill in the big show!

I.C. Lights
02-06-2006, 09:45 PM
I'm not the best on NFL rules, but if it has to pass the white line than yes. Touchdown Steelers! It touched the white line while he was still in the air. My friend says lis legs were down, but, they were still in the air. Camera doesn't lie. Feel better now knowing it was a touchdown.

I remember seeing about 1/4 inch of the ball get across the line while ben was in the air, just before he was hit by #54. That video is even more definitive than my memory. I don't see how this is a controversy.

marksashton
02-06-2006, 09:58 PM
from this picture:

I'm sure the person who posted this photo knows that the photo was taken after BIG BEN moved the ball into the end zone after the call was played dead. I suppose that a lot of you rust-belters are still watching on black and white TV's dating from 1969 but on my 50 inch high definition set...it was a judgement call. I don't think he got it in but the refs, who screwed up in so many ways, probably screwed this one up too and then the video didn't provide "irrefutable evidence" that they screwed up. That, and the ref who reviewed the video has the lowest percentage of plays overturned in the NFL..

Man_Of_Steel
02-06-2006, 10:05 PM
I'm sure the person who posted this photo knows that the photo was taken after BIG BEN moved the ball into the end zone after the call was played dead. I suppose that a lot of you rust-belters are still watching on black and white TV's dating from 1969 but on my 50 inch high definition set...it was a judgement call. I don't think he got it in but the refs, who screwed up in so many ways, probably screwed this one up too and then the video didn't provide "irrefutable evidence" that they screwed up. That, and the ref who reviewed the video has the lowest percentage of plays overturned in the NFL..

Look at the other picture when he's still in the air you faulking moron. DO IT! AND LIKE IT YOU JEALOUS MORON!

I.C. Lights
02-06-2006, 10:11 PM

Please look at the video that's linked to in this thread ... time to deal with reality.

bigbensgirl7
02-06-2006, 10:38 PM
Here's my opinion on this whole subject...who cares...he's in and we can see it right there!!! I have wasted too much time arguing this today...it's a touchdown!!!!! CASE CLOSED...I AM DONE WITH THIS CRAP and I AM JUST GOING TO ENJOY THIS MOMENT!!!! Pittsburgh has the One For the Thumb...we are the WORLD CHAMPS!!!

Man_Of_Steel
02-06-2006, 10:43 PM
Here's my opinion on this whole subject...who cares...he's in and we can see it right there!!! I have wasted too much time arguing this today...it's a touchdown!!!!! CASE CLOSED...I AM DONE WITH THIS CRAP and I AM JUST GOING TO ENJOY THIS MOMENT!!!! Pittsburgh has the One For the Thumb...we are the WORLD CHAMPS!!!

AMEN to that sister! ENJOY THIS FOR A LONG TIME!!!

Sharkissle29
02-06-2006, 11:19 PM
this thread just made my day. send this to ESPN so they're not idiots.....

CASTEEL
02-06-2006, 11:44 PM
this thread just made my day. send this to ESPN so they're not idiots.....

You can send this to ESPN... but they'll still be idiots!!! :grin:

ONE FOR THE THUMB...DONE!!!

ColoradoSteelerFan
02-07-2006, 01:21 AM
Tonight on his David Letterman appearance, Ben stated that he told Cowher that he did not think he got in. But how could he of with how close it really was. The photographic evidence proves even Big Ben was wrong.

....Ben also added that they were going to go for it on 4th and that he would have run it again. The ball would have been sitting at the 1 inch line. They would have scored on 4th. This entire debate is stupid anyway since it was, in fact, a Touchdown!

theropodx
02-07-2006, 02:50 AM
Yeah, and so what if they didn't make it on 4th? Guess what? Seahawks lost by 11. Give them a free 7 points and they still lose. The flap about this touchdown is crazy since it did not decide the game.

...and I don't want to hear about the other calls...I remember some bad calls against the Steelers during a recent playoff game. But the outcome was different against Indy, as I recall:
1. The NFL officially admitted to a bad call in that game.
2. Steelers won anyway.

World Champions, baby!

steeler47
02-07-2006, 07:01 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1...an/beleg3ue.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/Tiberian/beleg3ue.jpg)

2nd look - http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/...forthetd1tp.jpg (http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/...forthetd1tp.jpg)

Cant argue with the pic.

Shut up fatty ...........and quit whineing to all those liberal pussies up the in the NW.

Kaish15
02-07-2006, 01:15 PM
See the way it is, is that Ben he didn’t think he made it in because he made it in while he was in the air and was unaware to the fact that he make it into the end zone. When he landed he than thought that he didn’t make it and told coach.

Stupid Hawk fans telling me how “the quarterback said he didn’t get in”

BenPFJ1958
02-07-2006, 03:00 PM
See the way it is, is that Ben he didn?t think he made it in because he made it in while he was in the air and was unaware to the fact that he make it into the end zone. When he landed he than thought that he didn?t make it and told coach.

Stupid Hawk fans telling me how ?the quarterback said he didn?t get in?

That pic is awesome.

One point that needs to be made. I watched the replay and the linesman didn't hesitate to raise his hands signalling a touchdown.

theropodx
02-08-2006, 12:56 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1...an/beleg3ue.jpg (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/Tiberian/beleg3ue.jpg)

2nd look - http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/...forthetd1tp.jpg (http://img202.imageshack.us/img202/...forthetd1tp.jpg)

Cant argue with the pic.

Okay, I'm a STEELERS fan...now that we got that straight..I can argue with that pic. We're beating a dead horse, but watch the video and you'll see that the brown area that's circled in that pic (the first link) is actually ben's arm. Pretty funny really.

So the point remains: you can't tell if the ball made it across because it's behind his arm in this shot. The best view was the ref who stood a few feet away and called it. And since you can't overrule it on replay...the ruling stands. But again, we didn't need it to win anyway.

GX624
02-08-2006, 01:47 AM
Watch the play in slow motion again.
Ever held a football when diving?
The tip of the ball is tucked into his inside elbow.
The edge of his forearm pad (closest to his elbow) is where the ball's tip is.
If the edge of the pad is over the line, the tip of the ball is over the line.
Period.

Steeler47's pic (no offense) is not the best frame choice from the vid.

theropodx
02-08-2006, 03:00 AM
Another problem is drawing the line diagonal. Instead of tracing the line into the distance, one should draw it straight up from below Ben. The part of the goal line we care about is the part the extends vertically upwards. Looks like it just nips his glove if you do that, so I think he might well have gotten it.

In the replay, he actually loses the ball--it ends up at his gut, so it's hard to say where the ball is at the exact moment his body is in that shot. But again, I think it's hard to say from the video with certainty that he did NOT get it over--so the field ruling stands.

I thought the red circle in the video was circling the ball--it's actually his arm, though the ball could be--and probably was--behind the arm...somewhere.

theropodx
02-08-2006, 11:58 AM
Stop the presses--I take it back! I guarantee he got at least half the ball in. Looked at this long and hard last night and I've gone from doubtful to maybe to absolutely he got in. I may post a pic tonight. I can prove it to anybody with an open mind...which is what the problem has been all along right? =)