PDA

View Full Version : Charges dismissed against Steelers kicker Jeff Reed

Fire Haley
04-12-2010, 03:02 PM
Yeah Skippy! We got ourselves a QB AND a kicker

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10102/1049815-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz0kusNPYQK

A city magistrate today dismissed remaining charges against Steelers kicker Jeff Reed, citing his completion of community service.

Reed had been charged with four counts stemming from an incident outside a North Shore bar in October.

Police said Mr. Reed interfered with them and tried to fight them when they tried to cite teammate Matt Spaeth for urinating in a parking lot.

Judge Richard King previously threw out resisting arrest and simple assault charges. He then gave the kicker six weeks to complete 40 hours of community service.

Today, Salvation Army Maj. Robert Reel spoke on Mr. Reed's behalf, saying the player enthusiastically worked for the agency.

Judge King dismissed the remaining charges of disorderly conduct and public drunkenness.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-12-2010, 03:04 PM
I just hope he avoids public restroom towel dispensers.

stillers4me
04-12-2010, 03:07 PM

What is it with these guys and restrooms............ :doh:

RoethlisBURGHer
04-12-2010, 03:14 PM
What is it with these guys and restrooms............ :doh:

Good point! Maybe the Steelers should make it a team rule to avoid public restrooms at all costs!

steelpride12
04-12-2010, 03:19 PM

I live literally right beside that Sheetz! I should have asked for an autograph that night! :chuckle:

memphissteelergirl
04-12-2010, 03:23 PM
Please, Heavenly Father, let Jeff and Ben stop behaving like spoiled frat rats and stay on the straight and narrow from here on out.

Amen.

steelreserve
04-12-2010, 03:25 PM
Good point! Maybe the Steelers should make it a team rule to avoid public restrooms at all costs!

With Reed, it seems like you're screwed either way. If he's in a public restroom, he smashes it. If he stays out of the public restroom, people start pissing everywhere and he fights the cops.

CaliStillersFan
04-12-2010, 03:31 PM
Just as long as there are no porto-potties on the field during gameday, he should be fine. I'm glad he's staying. Beating up a paper towel dispenser is just funny.

polamalubeast
04-12-2010, 03:55 PM
I would have liked better than the steelers jeff reed that leaves from Santonio.:banging::banging:

Reed has made pranks too.:coffee:

I'm still upset.:mad:

RoethlisBURGHer
04-12-2010, 03:56 PM
With Reed, it seems like you're screwed either way. If he's in a public restroom, he smashes it. If he stays out of the public restroom, people start pissing everywhere and he fights the cops.

People need to keep empty milk jugs in their cars, pee in that then throw it out!

Fire Haley
04-12-2010, 04:02 PM
If he'd just tackle runners like he does bathroom fixtures I'd be fine with him.

CaliStillersFan
04-12-2010, 07:06 PM
I totally agree, he does tackle like girl, but there are 10 other guys that should be stopping the returner before he gets to Reed. I got an idea the new special teams coordinator needs to teach Reed to visualize the return man as a paper towel dispenser. ;)

fansince'76
04-12-2010, 07:19 PM
If he'd just tackle runners like he does bathroom fixtures I'd be fine with him.

Shoring up the coverage team so he isn't put in the position of being the last line of defense in preventing a KO return for a TD at least once every two games or so would be better.

Polamalu Princess
04-12-2010, 07:26 PM
I am just glad that it is over.

tony hipchest
04-12-2010, 07:40 PM
:confused: the salvation army really has Majors and Colnels and shit?

Fire Haley
04-13-2010, 04:07 PM
Jeff Reed signs his tender

Steelers sign Reed to one-year contract
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Kicker Jeff Reed signed a one-year contract with the Steelers this morning for $2,814,000.

The contract was tendered to Reed when the Steelers identified him as their franchise player before he would have become an unrestricted free agent. Reed had little choice but to sign the deal and there was no looming deadline for him to do so.

His agent and the Steelers continue to negotiate on a long-term contract for Reed.

"It's our goal to try to keep working and see him stay for a long time in Pittsburgh,'' Don Henderson said. "They told us that's what they want and that's what we want. They've been dealing with us and talking to us. Hopefully, we'll sign a long-term contract and he will remain in Pittsburgh.''