PDA

View Full Version : Mike Holmgren

Man_Of_Steel
02-06-2006, 12:40 AM
Did he ever come across to shake Cowhers hand? I saw Bill waiting for him but I never saw him come across.

Tha rock
02-06-2006, 12:44 AM
he was pissed at those refs i dont think so man!!

Brady12
02-06-2006, 12:45 AM
Mike is still a great guy, and coach, please no one give him a hard time. You all would be terribly angry or upset if Pittsburgh would've lost.

Ambridge
02-06-2006, 12:58 AM
Mike is still a great guy, and coach, please no one give him a hard time. You all would be terribly angry or upset if Pittsburgh would've lost.

"F" that fat Walrus Bastard.

Man_Of_Steel
02-06-2006, 01:00 AM

It wasn't Cowhers fault. Anyways Seattle didn't execute. They had their chances in the first half and blew every one of them except for the field goal. When it comes down to it your players need to make the big plays and they didn't.

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 01:00 AM
I'm not aware of too many coach's that are happy after a Super Bowl loss. You still go over to shake the opposing coach's hand. But whatever. We got the ring.

northoftheborder
02-06-2006, 01:02 AM
You are one of great chivalry and manners. Would you say that to your Dad? Stay in Virginia.

Ambridge
02-06-2006, 01:10 AM
You are one of great chivalry and manners. Would you say that to your Dad? Stay in Virginia.

I'll assume your addressing myself since I'm the only one from Virginia who's replied in this thread???

It might help to clear matters up if you use the "QUOTE" Option next time when responding so people will know who you're addressing.

If my father was Mike Holmgren and he didn't walk-out to shake hands after the Superbowl......then yes I'd still say **** the Fat Walrus Bastard.

northoftheborder
02-06-2006, 01:13 AM
Fair enough, Virginia. If MH actually did not shake his hand that is a bunch of.........

Man_Of_Steel
02-06-2006, 01:21 AM
To me it sounded like this was Holmgrens last year as Seahawks head coach the way he talked after the game.

northoftheborder
02-06-2006, 01:24 AM
Didn't hear that. He needs to sleep on it and wake up tomorrow and have a dip in the pool, sip a latte, and hug his family.

And, maybe, send flowers to Cowther's wife.

Man_Of_Steel
02-06-2006, 01:28 AM
All I know is Cowher kept waiting and waiting for him, I think I saw Cowher say "wheres Mike?"

24seven
02-06-2006, 01:28 AM
for sure he didn't shake hands. His players showed greater respect for the Steelers than there head coach.. Then he says after "I hope I've taught them to dislike this feeling and to remember it so that they don't feel this way again when they make it to this level" or something like that.. I also got the feeling he wasn't coming back after that statement.. either way.. screw him.. I could care less what he does with his washed up career....

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 01:29 AM
All I know is Cowher kept waiting and waiting for him, I think I saw Cowher say "wheres Mike?"

Well If he did come over and shake his hand, good job, that's what your supposed to do. If he did not, screw him. We got the ring baby.

Brady12
02-06-2006, 02:59 AM
I've changed my mind on Holmgren, it was disrespectful to not shake hands. Apparently, Bill's first thought was "where's mike?" After not seeing him he got a "Cold look" on his face, and someone went to try to find him. this was when they showed Cowher in what seemed shock, or disbelief after the game. John and Al went to commercial, hoping for something to show for a handshake, they got nothing, said a few words, went back to break, hoping to see something, got nothing again, and then the presentation was made. And that was that.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2006, 03:05 AM
It would have been proper to come shake his hand, that shows class no matter how pissed you are. Cowher would have done it.

But Holmgren is a helluva coach he got them damn close this year so he has nothing to hang his head over.

MagicHawk
02-06-2006, 03:29 AM
It would have been proper to come shake his hand, that shows class no matter how pissed you are. Cowher would have done it.

But Holmgren is a helluva coach he got them damn close this year so he has nothing to hang his head over.I think he should have shook Bill's hand but you do understand why he didn't yes? Nobody is perfect so anger and disappointment can get to us all.

Rust-Buster
02-06-2006, 03:32 AM
To tell you the truth, I didn't see Holgrem and Cowher shake hands, but by that point I had to turn off the set and go outside to have a piss in the woods. If he didn't shake hands. That's bad form. I'm thinking he did, and it just didn't get televised. I hope that's the case because I would like to think the coach would have some class. I'm pretty sure that Paul Allen will extend Holgrem's contract. He'd be crazy not to... He took the Hawks to a new level. Now he has to take them to the final level of play. Next year in Miami.

BlitzburghRockCity
02-06-2006, 03:33 AM
I think he should have shook Bill's hand but you do understand why he didn't yes? Nobody is perfect so anger and disappointment can get to us all.

Sure I understand the dissapointment and anger of losing a game like this. We've been there already, trust me I know.

MagicHawk
02-06-2006, 03:34 AM
To tell you the truth, I didn't see Holgrem and Cowher shake hands, but by that point I had to turn off the set and go outside to have a piss in the woods. If he didn't shake hands. That's bad form. I'm thinking he did, and it just didn't get televised. I hope that's the case because I would like to think the coach would have some class. I'm pretty sure that Paul Allen will extend Holgrem's contract. He'd be crazy not to... He took the Hawks to a new level. Now he has to take them to the final level of play. Next year in Miami.
This I agree with especially to the final level.:bouncy:

MagicHawk
02-06-2006, 03:36 AM
Sure I understand the dissapointment and anger of losing a game like this. We've been there already, trust me I know.
Thanks as you know this kind of disappiontment is a bit new to us but we will be back bank it.

TasmanianTroy271
02-06-2006, 09:18 AM
I think he feels that his team left alot out there on the field. They had their oppurtunities, but just couldnt execute. Give him a few days, then he'll formally congratulate us, but he will say that his team didn't execute.

28beerslater
02-06-2006, 09:33 AM
Did he ever come across to shake Cowhers hand? I saw Bill waiting for him but I never saw him come across.

They said he shook hands with Holmgren in the locker room later.

PatsRule
02-06-2006, 09:47 AM
That was terrible coaching on Holgrems part IMO.Right before the half the play calling and time management was horrific..

Prosdo
02-06-2006, 09:50 AM
I was wondering what they were doing before the half. It was bad.

TexaSteeler
02-06-2006, 10:08 AM
That was terrible coaching on Holgrems part IMO.Right before the half the play calling and time management was horrific..

I think that was Hasselback. He kept audibling Holmgren's calls, at the end of both halves. I think Matt screwed up the time management.

bmovierat
02-06-2006, 10:47 AM
They had problem with time management at the end of the game as well. The one time that Jerremy Stevens catches a ball, he can't get out of bounds :sofunny: If I was a seahawks coach, I would really work on that 2 minute drill.

clevestinks
02-06-2006, 10:51 AM
Holmgren was pissed, what about us? We were just about to put the nail in the coffin, and Ben came up short on a lob pass to a wide open Wilson, that is the only reason the game was as close as the final score! Holmgren get on a tread mill for your stress relief

LambertIsGod58
02-06-2006, 11:13 AM

You are exactly right. Cowher kept waiting, and waiting, and waiting.....Then the Cowher scowl started to come out when he realized that the "Pear Shaped" loser Holmgren never came over to over good sportsmanship. They can complain all they want about the calls, fact is Seattle couldn't execute inside our territory.

brianski71
02-06-2006, 11:53 AM
see ya in miami......another ass kickin.......february 2007

BACK TO BACK FOR THE THIRD TIME NEXT YEAR!!!!!!
WERE STARTIN ON THE OTHER HAND!!!!

steelguitar
02-06-2006, 04:07 PM
Not to start anything. But Cowher did the same thing in superbowl XXX.

SalukiSteelers
02-06-2006, 04:14 PM
While it sucked that the obligatory handshake wasn't done on the field, it's a heck of a lot nicer to be the guy waiting for it with a smile than it is to be the pissed off dude walking from the losing sideline to give the handshake.