PDA

View Full Version : Statement by Steelers President Art Rooney II

BlastFurnace
04-12-2010, 05:20 PM
http://www.steelers.com/news/article...9-d8a3b289866d

Statement by Steelers President Art Rooney II

The investigation process in Georgia has been deliberate and the District Attorney’s decision regarding Ben Roethlisberger speaks for itself.

During the past few weeks I have met with Ben on a number of occasions, not only to discuss this incident, but also to discuss his commitment to making sure something like this never happens again. The Pittsburgh Steelers take the conduct of players and staff very seriously. Ben will now have to work hard to earn back the respect and trust of Steelers fans, and to live up to the leadership responsibilities we all expect of him.

In the coming days Ben will meet with Commissioner Goodell to discuss his resolve to abide by the league’s personal conduct standards. After consultation with the Commissioner, our organization will determine the next steps in this process.

tube517
04-12-2010, 05:25 PM
In other words, Don't mess up, Fredo! don't make the FAMILY look bad.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...9-d8a3b289866d

Statement by Steelers President Art Rooney II

The investigation process in Georgia has been deliberate and the District Attorney’s decision regarding Ben Roethlisberger speaks for itself.

During the past few weeks I have met with Ben on a number of occasions, not only to discuss this incident, but also to discuss his commitment to making sure something like this never happens again. The Pittsburgh Steelers take the conduct of players and staff very seriously. Ben will now have to work hard to earn back the respect and trust of Steelers fans, and to live up to the leadership responsibilities we all expect of him.

In the coming days Ben will meet with Commissioner Goodell to discuss his resolve to abide by the league’s personal conduct standards. After consultation with the Commissioner, our organization will determine the next steps in this process.

SteelCityMom
04-12-2010, 05:45 PM
Roethlisberger is giving a statement at 7pm tonight....it's on channel 11 here locally, possibly on ESPN or on WPXI's website as well.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-12-2010, 05:57 PM
This reads, IMHO, that the Steelers are going to accept whatever punishment Goodell gives Ben Roethlisberger and they will not do anything extra.

However, that does not leave Big Ben off the hook with the Steelers organization, instead he needs to prove to everyone from ownership down to the fans that he indeed does care about the team and the NFL.

Also, if he puts himself in a similar position, he won't have just Roger Goodell to worry about, but the ire of the Steelers who will probably outright release him.

stillers4me
04-12-2010, 06:02 PM
Roethlisberger is giving a statement at 7pm tonight....it's on channel 11 here locally, possibly on ESPN or on WPXI's website as well.

Dang it. I have a haircut appoint tonight a 6:45.

But it looks like Ben is ready to get out in front of the city again, make amends and be a good leader.

Gnutella
04-12-2010, 06:24 PM
I hope Art Rooney lays the smack down.

steelerdave1969
04-12-2010, 06:30 PM
I hope Art Rooney lays the smack down.

I got a feeling that the Rooneys maybe harder on him that the NFL will be. I hope that either way Ben will get his life straightened out and quit this nonsense he has been doing. The motorcycle incident was just the start and maybe it affected his way of thinking a little. These young women are bad news for him and I hope he has learned a lesson. I honestly Dont see how he could not be charged with contributing to a Minor . . he bought the girl drinks and her under age . . But whatdoidknow?... lol

steelreserve
04-12-2010, 06:42 PM
I got a feeling that the Rooneys maybe harder on him that the NFL will be. I hope that either way Ben will get his life straightened out and quit this nonsense he has been doing. The motorcycle incident was just the start and maybe it affected his way of thinking a little. These young women are bad news for him and I hope he has learned a lesson.

That's sort of how I read it ... if Goodell doesn't do anything at all, the team will make him do some sort of penance. I just hope it doesn't include missing games.

I honestly Dont see how he could not be charged with contributing to a Minor . . he bought the girl drinks and her under age . . But whatdoidknow?... lol

I think that if you're in a bar, you can't be blamed for assuming that the other people at the bar are old enough to drink. If they fooled the bartender with a fake ID, that's the bar's problem, not yours. It's not your job to go around carding people if you want to buy them a drink.