PDA

View Full Version : Big Ben to give statement at 7

Pittsburgh43
04-12-2010, 06:37 PM
Roethlisberger to make statement at 7 p.m.
Monday, April 12, 2010
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Ben Roethlisberger will issue a statement in the Steelers press room at 7 p.m. today, the team just announced. It will be the quarterback's first public statement since a 20-year-old woman claimed she was sexually assaulted by him in Georgia March 5.

Georgia authorities said today they will not prosecute the case.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10102/1049839-100.stm#ixzz0kvbwYqk

steelerdave1969
04-12-2010, 06:51 PM
Thanks 43 and welcome to the Fever. I hope that the NFL Network airs this conference but not betting on it atleast not live anyways. But I can almost tell ya what the guy is gonna be saying during it anyways.

Prok
04-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Thanks 43 and welcome to the Fever. I hope that the NFL Network airs this conference but not betting on it atleast not live anyways. But I can almost tell ya what the guy is gonna be saying during it anyways.

Yeah he'll tow the line for sure. I'm hoping it's online somewhere.

WilleStargellParker
04-12-2010, 07:15 PM
I'm sure Ben will give his best Tiger Woods Impersonation.

BlastFurnace
04-12-2010, 07:19 PM
His words mean nothing. His actions will mean everything.

It's time to grow up Ben.

Fire Haley
04-12-2010, 07:20 PM
Ben just dodged the DNA bullet, can't we all just breathe a sigh of relief?

AllD
04-12-2010, 07:20 PM
He read his statement in a button down red shirt, not a Steelers shirt.

Godfather
04-12-2010, 07:21 PM
Saw it on ESPNews.

He looked like an inbreed. Dude needs to cut his hair and lose some weight.

Pittsburgh43
04-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Thanks for the welcome, steelerdave. Glad to be a part of SteelersFever. It wasn't much, but at least it was something. It's definitely time to grow up and be the leader this organization expects you to be, Ben.

Merchant
04-12-2010, 07:27 PM
Meh. Didn't say anything that wasn't expected. Not feeling the new haircut. Looks about 15 pounds overweight too.

mesaSteeler
04-12-2010, 07:30 PM
Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger says little
07:09 PM
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/04/roethlisberger-says-little/1

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger spoke hours after learning that he won't face criminal charges after a 20-year-old college student accused him of sexually assaulting her in a restroom after a night of drinking.

Roethlisberger spoke for only about a minute and did not take questions in a news conference. Here's Roethlisberger's statement at Steelers headquarters:

"I'd like to begin by expressing gratitude for the thorough investigation process in Georgia and the prosecutor's decision not to press charges. I know without a doubt it was the right conclusion. I don't intend to discuss any details related to the events in Georgia. I'm happy to put this behind me and move forward. I am truly sorry for the disappointment and negative attention I've brought to my family, teammates, coaches the Rooney's and the NFL. I understand that the opportunities I've been blessed with are privileged, and much is expected of me as quarterback of the Pittsburgh Steelers. I absolutely want to be the leader this team deserves, valued in the community and a role model to kids. I've much work to do to earn this trust. I'm committed to improving and showing everyone my true values. I'm excited to get back to work with my teammates and I'm more determined than ever to have a great season. I intend to make my family, friends and the Steeler Nation proud on all fronts. Thank you and God bless."

steelpride12
04-12-2010, 07:30 PM
Watched it and a typical apology not even 2 minutes long. Time for Ben to prove his words.

fansince'76
04-12-2010, 07:50 PM
Did people expect the Gettysburg Address?

SMR
04-12-2010, 08:43 PM

lol. His speech was short and IMO it was appropriate considering the situation.

Edman
04-12-2010, 08:54 PM
I think it's a little late for apologies and words. No more "It's okay's" or "Atta Boys". Ben is going to have to earn trust back this time.

It's time to grow the hell up, dude. Or else you're out of here. The Steelers have shown by trading Santonio that we're not putting up with frat boy bullshit. No matter how talented you are or what you accomplished. Ship up, or you're gone.

Kindjunior
04-12-2010, 09:15 PM
He looked like he'd been coached through that statement a hundred times, even the weird atempts at eye contact when he lifted his eyes from the paper he was reading.

SteelerFanInStl
04-12-2010, 09:41 PM
It looked to me like Ben made another bad decision with that haircut.

Curtain_of_Steel
04-12-2010, 09:52 PM
Statement is fine. Not owed anything except. I won't be this stupid anymore, lol.

Win another SB and that is that.

stillers4me
04-12-2010, 09:57 PM
If Ben hadn't made a statement, everybody would think he's hiding something. So he makes a short public statement, and it's not good enough. What's done is done. Move on.

Prok
04-12-2010, 09:59 PM
I was OK with his statement. He realizes he has alot to prove and he's up to the task.

Why do i get the feeling someone will make a big fuss over his shirt, ya know it was the devil's color and all. LOL

Seriously though, i'm on his side 100%. He's my beloved Steelers franchise QB and he will help us compete for SB's.

One thing i'd like to note: I don't think it was wise to trade Santonio, NOW of all times. They DO risk dividing locker room chemistry IMO.

But i know, the FO is above criticism.

:drink:

Prok
04-12-2010, 10:05 PM
If Ben hadn't made a statement, everybody would think he's hiding something. So he makes a short public statement, and it's not good enough. What's done is done. Move on.

I'm with ya. Time to move on and put this behind us. I think we all need to realize that we are the greatest fanbase in ALL of sports and should not have to wait for the season opener to be united again. We are Steeler Nation. We don't need all this in-fighting.

:tt:

Burghfan58
04-12-2010, 10:06 PM
Pretty much what I expected from the statement. I hope he takes the district attorneys words (" It's time to grow up") to heart. Oh... and he needs a new barber.

BlastFurnace
04-12-2010, 10:43 PM
I think it's a little late for apologies and words. No more "It's okay's" or "Atta Boys". Ben is going to have to earn trust back this time.

It's time to grow the hell up, dude. Or else you're out of here. The Steelers have shown by trading Santonio that we're not putting up with frat boy bullshit. No matter how talented you are or what you accomplished. Ship up, or you're gone.

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

Leftoverhard
04-12-2010, 11:03 PM

Lmao - I love Big Ben the football player - but Big Ben the orator he is not and never will be.

memphissteelergirl
04-12-2010, 11:44 PM

I know, right!

lol. His speech was short and IMO it was appropriate considering the situation.

Exactly...keep it short and to the point.
Would y'all have preferred a long drawn out production ala Tiger Woods? :noidea:

Steelers>NFL
04-13-2010, 07:52 AM
He looks FAT! Almost like a sasquatch!:jawdrop: