PDA

View Full Version : colon to niners or packers?

devilsdancefloor
04-12-2010, 09:39 PM
http://insidepittsburghsports.com/story/source-colons-agent-trying-to-gauge-interest-from-49ers-and-packers/24366/

BehindSteelCurtain
04-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Hopefully he can.........

Merchant
04-12-2010, 10:13 PM
I'm a fan of Colon. I hope he stays with the team this year. Although the 49ers first round pick is mighty tempting...

BlastFurnace
04-12-2010, 10:16 PM
I think this would be a big mistake to let this happen. Our big weak spot on the O-line is RG. If we mess with RT this season as well, it will really be bad.

Colon is not as bad as some make him out to be.

tony hipchest
04-12-2010, 10:19 PM
it'd be nice but it wont happen.

teams wont do us any favors, like that.

if any team trades a 1st for a tackle it will be for j. gaither.

MasterOfPuppets
04-12-2010, 10:22 PM
if they got the 49'ers 1st round pick for colon i'd be freakin thrilled ...:applaudit:

MasterOfPuppets
04-12-2010, 10:23 PM
it'd be nice but it wont happen.

teams wont do us any favors, like that.

if any team trades a 1st for a tackle it will be for j. gaither.

but colon is the best RT in football...his agent said so...:noidea:

Nighthawk
04-12-2010, 10:31 PM
Where do we sign? We can load up on draft picks and turn a lot of these into a couple very high 1st rounders and 2nd rounders...

Psyychoward86
04-12-2010, 10:44 PM
I LOVE Colon so much. But a 1st round pick as compensation is very tempting. We are loaded with picks this year, which is great timing because this is an astounding draft class. I'd love to have the 49ers 1st round pick, considering the # of bullseyes we hit in the 1st. I would miss Colon though...

KeiselPower99
04-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Id take a 2nd rounder for Colon.

wootawnee
04-13-2010, 12:25 AM
Come on man........Willie is the meanest guy we got on the line.........He ain't going nowhere..........He is a teamer.......He sticks up for everybody too........Forgetaboutit.....

Galax Steeler
04-13-2010, 03:52 AM
If we could get the 49's first I would say go for it.

wdsteel
04-13-2010, 05:46 AM
Round1 = great
Round2 = good
Round 3&4 = thinking.
could get Thomas at 13.
and Iupati at 18<~~~RT this year.
Urbik was a better T then G in collage.thats why Foster beat him at RG last year

Steelers>NFL
04-13-2010, 06:48 AM
I'd hate to see WC go. But for a first rounder? WOW.
We could fill lots of holes with 2 first round pick and 1 second.

The Duke
04-13-2010, 02:09 PM
I would think the packers already have their eyes on that huge wisconsin tackle. Can't remember his name at the moment

With clifton back they could wait a year for the LT of the future

whatdoiknow
04-13-2010, 02:15 PM
BEST RT in Pro Football ? Oh my God! Colon isn't even the BEST RT in Western Pennsylvania LOL!!!

If we could get a 6th round pick for him it would go down as the STEAL of the Century!!

The Duke
04-13-2010, 02:18 PM
BEST RT in Pro Football ? Oh my God! Colon isn't even the BEST RT in Western Pennsylvania LOL!!!

If we could get a 6th round pick for him it would go down as the STEAL of the Century!!

Hey, your user name goes well with your posts :thumbsup:

solardave
04-13-2010, 02:28 PM
I think this would be a big mistake to let this happen. Our big weak spot on the O-line is RG. If we mess with RT this season as well, it will really be bad.

Colon is not as bad as some make him out to be.

The year before last I would have argued with you on that. He has improved drastically since then and I think we need him in a big way.

whatdoiknow
04-13-2010, 02:34 PM
Hey, your user name goes well with your posts :thumbsup:

Seriously ? You really like him that much ? I will admit he is a great run smasher. But he, as well as Kemo are amongst the highest penalized players in the league. And Colon is good for like 10 or so Brain farts a year. I mean we have replacements ready for RT. And if we could get something for him, I would jump at it. Also the word was after last season ended that Pittsburgh was really high on former pick Tony Hills. Who we took from Texas a couple of years ago down the draft ONLY cause of a broken leg. But before that season Hills was considered a top-15 player. If he is ready, let him play RT. He is better suited for it anyways.

The Duke
04-13-2010, 02:43 PM
Seriously ? You really like him that much ? I will admit he is a great run smasher. But he, as well as Kemo are amongst the highest penalized players in the league. And Colon is good for like 10 or so Brain farts a year. I mean we have replacements ready for RT. And if we could get something for him, I would jump at it. Also the word was after last season ended that Pittsburgh was really high on former pick Tony Hills. Who we took from Texas a couple of years ago down the draft ONLY cause of a broken leg. But before that season Hills was considered a top-15 player. If he is ready, let him play RT. He is better suited for it anyways.

Has hills ever been active in a game? Don't think so. Until I see something out of him, even in preseason, he is still a backup to me

Colon's, and kemo's for that matter, penalties are way too exaggerated. Can't even remember the ones he got in 2009. The guy has always been a great run blocker and this past season became a great pass blocker. I'll be sad if he leaves next year, cause I'm sure no one will pay a 1st round pick for him

El-Gonzo Jackson
04-13-2010, 03:46 PM
I would take that in a heartbeat. Rather have the 9ers pick than the Packers, but ponder this.....

Even with #18 and #23, the Steelers could get Kyle Wilson and Pouncey. The Steelers O line is then from L-
R ...Starks, Kemo, Hartwig, Pouncey, Jonathan Scott..(reserves, Essex, Urbik, Foster, Legursky, Jason Fox).

It can pave the way for a future interior line of Kemo, Pouncey, Urbik, while having vets on the outside like Starks, Essex, Scott and allow to draft an undervalued OT like Fox or Veldheer to develop. Please Packers or 49ers.......DO IT.

ShutDown24
04-14-2010, 12:08 PM
I would rather retain Colon. He's a very steady right tackle who I would much rather see on this team than any offensive linemen conceivably available with the pick discussed. I doubt the 49ers or Packers would be interested anyway. Draft picks are currently very much over-valued in the league.