PDA

View Full Version : I'm VERY disappointed with media

ysgi
04-12-2010, 11:23 PM
And the fans.

WPXI and 93.7 (the 'fan') can bite me. They are soooo disappointed that Ben was not charged. They couldn't care less about the case, other than its days of bringing viewers/listeners is waning.
Look at the pic that WPXI uses of Ben. It makes him look like a d-bag. Why did they do that. Are they reporting neutrally? Doesn't seem that way to me.
Rick Earl is still in GA trying to drum up any negativity he can about this case.

And Siebel and Starkey (sp? who cares) they just about cried over the news that charges were NOT being pressed. They know that they suck, and will probably lose their jobs because listeners numbers will drop to nil. No one wants to hear "Whats the bests rivalry in sports now.?" Well apparently its Siebel and the letter 'S'. Whats the deal with a radio personality that cant speak properly - but I digress.
All they do is plant the seed that Ben is still guilty. They also only let people on the air that agree with them. What's up with that. They move here from who-knows-where, and start pissing on our city - ARE YOU KIDDING ME.

And you holier-than-thou fans that want be crucified for nothing more than an accusation that a super prosecutor (that would love a high-profile WIN to help his Gubernatorial bid) could not find enough evidence that a crime had even occoured, let alone that Ben was responsible. Maybe, just maybe, he doesn't deserve the heat. The police and GBI spent A MONTH pouring over evidence that you and I will NEVER know of, and came to this conclusion.

And until someone presses charges and PROVES him guilty - this is still the USA and he is INNOCENT. So until then, get off your high horses and give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Maybe you all should look at yourselves before firing off stupid posts.

Ben owes you NOTHING more than throwing that ball to the best of his ability to win games. He doesn't owe you a straight-laced goodie-goodie life. He is a MAN and deserves the same freedoms that you and I had growing up.
When his arm gives out, then we will be done with him, just as we were with sooo many Pgh athletes over the years.

-ysgi

PS. Go Pens !

fansince'76
04-12-2010, 11:36 PM
:applaudit: :applaudit: :applaudit:

Psyychoward86
04-12-2010, 11:54 PM
the hell with the media

steelerdude15
04-12-2010, 11:57 PM
American media sucks anyways.

ysgi
04-13-2010, 12:01 AM
the hell with the media

Yeah, but thats where most of the sheeple get their news. So if the news is this bias, so goes the flock.

I will never listen to 93.7 AGAIN. Who is with me ?

-ysgi

7willBheaven
04-13-2010, 12:23 AM
I just dont watch the news and all so yeah haha...simple as that.

tony hipchest
04-13-2010, 12:40 AM
Look at the pic that WPXI uses of Ben. It makes him look like a d-bag. Why did they do that. Are they reporting neutrally? in defense of the media, any picture he has ever taken leaves him looking like a dumbass d-bag on his own accord-

http://espn.go.com/i/editorial/2006/0518/photo/ben_roethlisberger_cheese2_275.jpg

i just loved the slicked back, mulleted, faux-hawk look he was sporting in todays address to the media. :cheer:

JackHammer
04-13-2010, 12:48 AM
Ben owes you NOTHING more than throwing that ball to the best of his ability to win games. He doesn't owe you a straight-laced goodie-goodie life.

To that effect I will say one thing. He's still guilty of bad enough judgment to put himself in a bad situation and put at risk(even if only slightly) his ability to merely take the field. Innocent or not, he could've gone to prison. People have been falsely convicted before, and it'll happen again. As long as he's under contract he owes us a straight-enough-laced life to keep his ass out of jail and on the field, and in all honesty he owes that to himself above all else. If he wants to go clubbing and bar hopping with sorority sisters, he needs to learn what a Sexual Consent Release Form is.

JackHammer
04-13-2010, 12:52 AM
And before you go making the wrong judgment about me..... BB has my support as a fan. I believe he's innocent of everything EXCEPT bad judgment. I'm far from being the type of fan that you outlined in your OP.

ysgi
04-13-2010, 01:10 AM
And before you go making the wrong judgment about me..... BB has my support as a fan. I believe he's innocent of everything EXCEPT bad judgment. I'm far from being the type of fan that you outlined in your OP.

Bad judgement how ??? Getting laid? spending HIS 100 mil as HE sees fit? Going to clubs near his summer home?
There was no crime. YOU are as guilty of a crime and bad judgement as he is. End of story.

He could be a member of the KKK in the off-season, it still shouldn't warrant any reparations from you or Goddell. PERIOD.

And @chislechest: who are you to make comments on his attire and style? Is that why he was hired, as a fashion model for you? Whats up with that. Is that why Kordell was a hated in Pgh - because of the bumps on his face - talk about shallow

But if he is found guilty of his crimes, then I will be the first to light the match while he's tied to the stake.

Until then...........

-ysgi

CaliStillersFan
04-13-2010, 01:35 AM
How long has the OP been asleep that he didn't realize how the media works in this country? Here's a quick crash course. There was this really bad bill years back called the Telecommunications Act that gave 4 multi-national corporations the power to own all the TV, radio, internet and print media in this country. Since then they have widdled the narrative to basically 2 points of view. The days of journalistic integrity are long gone. They realized that there is more ratings and money selling a point of view over the truth. Stories based on facts and sources were replaced with "unnamed" sources and opinion. It's the main reason everything is so screwed up in this country. The majority of the people don't realize this and they listen to whatever network strokes their ego (ie. Fox News for republicans, MSNBC for democrats) and think they're informed. It's not their fault, we should be able to trust journalists to do their jobs.

So if you want to know why the local media is treating Ben this way? It's because they all know they lost money since no charges are being filed. If charges were filed think of all the stories, endless interviews, and all of Steeler Nation tuning in for months and months covering a trial and the circus that they would create around it. They could care less about truth. Truth doesn't make them as much money.

JackHammer
04-13-2010, 01:54 AM
Bad judgement how ??? Getting laid? spending HIS 100 mil as HE sees fit? Going to clubs near his summer home?
There was no crime. YOU are as guilty of a crime and bad judgement as he is. End of story.

He could be a member of the KKK in the off-season, it still shouldn't warrant any reparations from you or Goddell. PERIOD.

You're an idiot if you don't see how it's bad judgment for a drunken 100 million dollar QB to go into a bathroom stall with a drunken college student(as per the D.A.'s presser). I agree that a crime was not committed, but people get falsely CONVICTED, let alone accused, quite often. If ben wants to get laid, there are other, much smarter ways of going about it. Ways that don't compromise his money and freedom.

JackHammer
04-13-2010, 01:56 AM
How long has the OP been asleep that he didn't realize how the media works in this country? Here's a quick crash course. There was this really bad bill years back called the Telecommunications Act that gave 4 multi-national corporations the power to own all the TV, radio, internet and print media in this country. Since then they have widdled the narrative to basically 2 points of view. The days of journalistic integrity are long gone. They realized that there is more ratings and money selling a point of view over the truth. Stories based on facts and sources were replaced with "unnamed" sources and opinion. It's the main reason everything is so screwed up in this country. The majority of the people don't realize this and they listen to whatever network strokes their ego (ie. Fox News for republicans, MSNBC for democrats) and think they're informed. It's not their fault, we should be able to trust journalists to do their jobs.

So if you want to know why the local media is treating Ben this way? It's because they all know they lost money since no charges are being filed. If charges were filed think of all the stories, endless interviews, and all of Steeler Nation tuning in for months and months covering a trial and the circus that they would create around it. They could care less about truth. Truth doesn't make them as much money.

AMEN to that.

JEFF4i
04-13-2010, 03:55 AM
I had never thought about it that way. We take and throw away players as is. When Ben's arm is gone, we're done with him. Do we expect him to be an example anymore? We expect anything of him? No, of course not. So why should he care as long as he acts legally and understands the potential ramifications?

Also, yes, I know he sets an example for children. But is it Ben's responsibility to be a good role model for kids, or my responsibility to teach my son that most of the heroes you see won't be on television.

Galax Steeler
04-13-2010, 04:43 AM
I am sure that they was more then one radio station saying he should be charged they just like to keep stuff going and never let it die.

Preacher
04-13-2010, 04:48 AM
To that effect I will say one thing. He's still guilty of bad enough judgment to put himself in a bad situation and put at risk(even if only slightly) his ability to merely take the field. Innocent or not, he could've gone to prison. People have been falsely convicted before, and it'll happen again. As long as he's under contract he owes us a straight-enough-laced life to keep his ass out of jail and on the field, and in all honesty he owes that to himself above all else. If he wants to go clubbing and bar hopping with sorority sisters, he needs to learn what a Sexual Consent Release Form is.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

I find it hilarious how fast people jump to Ben's side.

You just KNOW that if this was Brady that was accused, almost every person here would be singing just the opposite side of the song... AND NOW saying that "Not enough evidence" does not equate to "innocent."

Preacher
04-13-2010, 04:55 AM
I had never thought about it that way. We take and throw away players as is. When Ben's arm is gone, we're done with him. Do we expect him to be an example anymore? We expect anything of him? No, of course not. So why should he care as long as he acts legally and understands the potential ramifications?

Also, yes, I know he sets an example for children. But is it Ben's responsibility to be a good role model for kids, or my responsibility to teach my son that most of the heroes you see won't be on television.

I could care less about him being an example. I care about the fact that my team made a 100 million dollar investment and right now, the odds are so-so that the investment will payout over the long term. Furthermore, he is now on EVERYONE's radar. Every time he goes into a bar, every word said against him, every action he takes.

You had better believe that if there is a third accusation... all hell will break lose, and with his offseason track record of 1 near death experience from bad judgment and two separate legal issues stemming from bad judgement, the odds right now that he makes it to the end of his career aren't looking very good.

So why do I care? Because my team has a hundred million dollar investment that right now, isn't looking so good long term. They need to take care of it... AND FAST.

Gnutella
04-13-2010, 05:24 AM
I'm still pissed that they got rid of B94 (again) for another sports talk radio station, as if ESPN 1250 and FOX Sports 970 weren't enough.

Steel_Bus_24
04-13-2010, 07:54 AM
boy the pitchforks are coming out aren't they

its getting very political and it looks like people are only going to believe what they want to.

and some of the venom Ive seen from other teams fans makes it look they wanted a woman to be raped

Steelers>NFL
04-13-2010, 07:59 AM
Medias are horrible. They are cause for alot of problems with over hyping, oever exposure, and bias ways.
Wether is sports, world or our great political BS.
They annoy me with their lies and bias ways...

ysgi
04-13-2010, 08:14 AM

You are preachin to the choir, son.
I know that the news is has 'artistic license' - therefore I would have thought that they would have backed their boy, but no, they even kept that dim-wit pic of Ben up when doing other stories. Its asanine. When are they going to realize that we see right through their lame crap. We don't care 'how' its reported, we just want the TRUTH. Is that asking too much. Maybe it is in this American-Idol age, where people are expendable based upon a single performance.
It all comes down to ratings and performance of the actors, er 'journalists' - and thats BS.

I think those on here and those 'interviewed' on TV and radio need to stop and think, gee why are they acting this way to the guy that practically runs this city. The answer is MONEY. And they ain't getting no mo of mine.

-ysgi

HometownGal
04-13-2010, 08:22 AM
Yeah, but thats where most of the sheeple get their news. So if the news is this bias, so goes the flock.

I will never listen to 93.7 AGAIN. Who is with me ?

-ysgi

I agree with everything you stated- well put! :applaudit: :drink:

I don't listen to 93.7 anyway. :chuckle:

The media all the way around are like vampire bats just waiting to suck out the blood.

ysgi
04-13-2010, 08:23 AM
You're an idiot if you don't see how it's bad judgment for a drunken 100 million dollar QB to go into a bathroom stall with a drunken college student(as per the D.A.'s presser). I agree that a crime was not committed, but people get falsely CONVICTED, let alone accused, quite often. If ben wants to get laid, there are other, much smarter ways of going about it. Ways that don't compromise his money and freedom.

No one knows what happened. No one knows if he did go back there. And if he did, maybe he was holding her hair as she puked all over the stall, or maybe he played 'lets find Little Ben' - WE DON'T KNOW.

How's the weather up there on your high-horse ??? Apparently the air is too thin to think rationally. JUDGEMENT ie judgement call, it can and usually is different for each individual. I'm happy to hear that if you were in his shoes, you would be home reading the Bible every night, and studying game film every day. Where were you when we drafter this loser - what bad luck for our city.

Ben may be a scumbag - I don't know (neither do you) - but we have had TWO women just happen to accuse him of a very heinous crime, and there has never been any proof of - to then GO ON TO SUE HIM FOR MONEY. Don't you see the connection here, Jack. He is a big pay-day for someone. It doesn't matter if he is reading the Bible, someone will try to extort cash from the man.

-ysgi

wdsteel
04-13-2010, 08:24 AM
for my pitt news i goto
am i missing any others that are good or better?

http://www.steelers.com/ ------use as home page
http://www.post-gazette.com/steelers/
http://espn.go.com/nfl/ -------so i can goto other teams if needed
http://stations.espn.go.com/stations/espnradio1250/archive?id=3897323
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/
http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT

ysgi
04-13-2010, 08:36 AM
I could care less about him being an example. I care about the fact that my team made a 100 million dollar investment and right now, the odds are so-so that the investment will payout over the long term. Furthermore, he is now on EVERYONE's radar. Every time he goes into a bar, every word said against him, every action he takes.

You had better believe that if there is a third accusation... all hell will break lose, and with his offseason track record of 1 near death experience from bad judgment and two separate legal issues stemming from bad judgement, the odds right now that he makes it to the end of his career aren't looking very good.

So why do I care? Because my team has a hundred million dollar investment that right now, isn't looking so good long term. They need to take care of it... AND FAST.

YOUR TEAM, YOUR TEAM. Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Rooney is in the house. All hail. Get real. This is no more your team than it is your stadium. YOU made NO investment in him - even if you are a season ticket holder - YOU made an investment in a PLASTIC SEAT where you have the privilege to watch whomever Tomlin trapses onto the field. BEN OWES YOU NOTHING - unless you accuse him of 'sexual misconduct' as well. You could be that third accuser. Then you could sue him in civil court and get that return on your 'investment' What a skewed view of life you have; people OWE you something for having an opinion. IE - you like the Steelers so Ben had better be a good little boy. HAHAHA, that is a good one.

Speaking of that 'THIRD ACCUSATION' - believe me, there probably will be. And it will be some chick that he banged and didn't send the right flowers to her the next day. She will be 'emotionally scarred for life' and require somewhere around $5 mil for her 'trauma'.

Ben is the guilty of CIRCUMSTANCE. And until PROVEN GUILTY the Steelers and the League should be DONE with it. But no, you c*ck-of-the-walk types want his head on a 2-4 week platter, or better yet, TRADED. Someday you will look back and think 'Wow, I hated this man for NOTHING'

NOTE: I have never been a Ben 'fan' - I never liked his position within the organization. He was never a top-echelon QB in my book. He is proving me wrong 4000 yards at a time, and I'm fine with that.

-ysgi

wdsteel
04-13-2010, 08:47 AM
:flap:

stlrtruck
04-13-2010, 12:26 PM
Ben owes you NOTHING more than throwing that ball to the best of his ability to win games.

I'd like to add that he owes me nothing more than throwing that ball to the best of his ability to the right individuals to win games!

Sharkissle29
04-13-2010, 12:46 PM
American media sucks anyways.

I agree completely, they try and make you believe whatever THEY believe. There is no such thing as neutral reporting anymore

Prok
04-13-2010, 12:56 PM
I am sure that they was more then one radio station saying he should be charged they just like to keep stuff going and never let it die.

Yep. Even Shefter and Mortensen have delved into this act. I've noticed more and more they'll post select quotes instead of story in it's whole context.

This has all been one big off-season ratings grab imo.

JackHammer
04-13-2010, 03:38 PM
No one knows what happened. No one knows if he did go back there. And if he did, maybe he was holding her hair as she puked all over the stall, or maybe he played 'lets find Little Ben' - WE DON'T KNOW.

How's the weather up there on your high-horse ??? Apparently the air is too thin to think rationally. JUDGEMENT ie judgement call, it can and usually is different for each individual. I'm happy to hear that if you were in his shoes, you would be home reading the Bible every night, and studying game film every day. Where were you when we drafter this loser - what bad luck for our city.

Ben may be a scumbag - I don't know (neither do you) - but we have had TWO women just happen to accuse him of a very heinous crime, and there has never been any proof of - to then GO ON TO SUE HIM FOR MONEY. Don't you see the connection here, Jack. He is a big pay-day for someone. It doesn't matter if he is reading the Bible, someone will try to extort cash from the man.

-ysgi

I'm starting to think you really are an idiot. At the very least, your reading comprehension skills are horrible. First things first, according to the DA and GBI, both the woman AND Ben went down the hall and into the bathroom so you're wrong about that since people actually do know that he did go down that hall. Secondly, you're right about one thing... Nobody knows what happened inside that stall, which is why going in there was bad judgment on Ben's part. I mean, like you said, he's a big pay day for someone. So why would he put himself in that kind of position? That's not me being on a high horse, it's me stating THE OBVIOUS. And don't try putting words into my mouth. I never said he had to stay at home reading the bible and studying game film. I just said he needs to avoid being alone with a drunk girl in a 5x5 bathroom that's at the end of a dark hallway. You wanna talk about thinking rationally and yet you can't even rationalize why it's STUPID for Ben to put himself in that situation.

stlrtruck
04-13-2010, 04:14 PM
YOUR TEAM, YOUR TEAM. Ladies and gentlemen, Mr. Rooney is in the house. All hail. Get real. This is no more your team than it is your stadium. YOU made NO investment in him - even if you are a season ticket holder - YOU made an investment in a PLASTIC SEAT where you have the privilege to watch whomever Tomlin trapses onto the field. BEN OWES YOU NOTHING - unless you accuse him of 'sexual misconduct' as well. You could be that third accuser. Then you could sue him in civil court and get that return on your 'investment' What a skewed view of life you have; people OWE you something for having an opinion. IE - you like the Steelers so Ben had better be a good little boy. HAHAHA, that is a good one.

Speaking of that 'THIRD ACCUSATION' - believe me, there probably will be. And it will be some chick that he banged and didn't send the right flowers to her the next day. She will be 'emotionally scarred for life' and require somewhere around $5 mil for her 'trauma'.

Ben is the guilty of CIRCUMSTANCE. And until PROVEN GUILTY the Steelers and the League should be DONE with it. But no, you c*ck-of-the-walk types want his head on a 2-4 week platter, or better yet, TRADED. Someday you will look back and think 'Wow, I hated this man for NOTHING'

NOTE: I have never been a Ben 'fan' - I never liked his position within the organization. He was never a top-echelon QB in my book. He is proving me wrong 4000 yards at a time, and I'm fine with that.

-ysgi

That's where we'll have to agree to disagree. You see when I make an investment in jerseys, tickets, airplane tickets, game tickets, etc to go see MY TEAM, I expect that MY TEAM will perform at their peak level every game. It is an investment, not just financially but mentally and emotionally. And while my passion for the team is not as fervent as it was say 15 years ago, they are still MY TEAM! I am not wishy washy and I only cheer for a different team if it improves MY TEAMS position. If the Steelers don't win, I could care less about what the other teams do.

As far was what Ben or any other Steelers player owes me, your are right up to a point. They don't owe me anything off the field. Autographs are nice, especially for my daughter, but in essence they don't even owe her that. Of course I would hope a player playing for MY TEAM would recognize and understand the value of the fan beyond paying their paycheck. I digree, what they do owe me is to be competitive each and every year, to represent the organization in a manner that is above the league's standard and one that resonates what the Rooney Family started eons ago. One that has made the Steelers Way more than a mere expression!

Prok
04-13-2010, 04:21 PM
I agree with everything you stated- well put! :applaudit: :drink:

I don't listen to 93.7 anyway. :chuckle:

The media all the way around are like vampire bats just waiting to suck out the blood.

Yes and what they are accomplishing is turning our fanbase into a divided in-fighting bunch.

We really need to stop with all this crap. Show those outsiders we ARE a UNITED fanbase and are still the BEST fanbase in all of sports.

It's one thing to argue actual football stuff but this other crap has gone wayyyyyyyyy overboard imo. Come on Steeler Nation, we can do this !!!

:tt: :tt: :tt:

Preacher
04-13-2010, 04:49 PM

-ysgi

Sigh.

Ok. If you want to play semantics.

The team I root for has made a 100 million dollar investment in a QB, and that investment looks to be about 50 50 or worse in payouts.

Happy now?

Arguing the argument, not the semantics.

And what if that "Chick he bangs" is your sister or daughter, who is underage for alcohol, but was hanging around him and got drunk... then he took her back to a bathroom and "Wooed" his way into her pants. Sure you will be singing the same song then right?

I find it downright disgusting how quickly human beings become "chicks,wh0ress, sl uts, bucktooth ______, McNutty, etc." simply because they are accusing the QB of the team WE root for. Let it be Brady, Manning, or someone else, and the tune changes around here REAL fast.

Some things go beyond football. A guy twice faced with sexual predator accusations is one of those things. Something Ben is doing is being interpreted by women as sexual assault. I don't care if it is a freaking hug. Its time to grow up and knock it off. Many other people in many other jobs have to be just as careful. He ain't the only one.

ysgi
04-13-2010, 04:52 PM
I'm starting to think you really are an idiot. At the very least, your reading comprehension skills are horrible. First things first, according to the DA and GBI, both the woman AND Ben went down the hall and into the bathroom so you're wrong about that since people actually do know that he did go down that hall. Secondly, you're right about one thing... Nobody knows what happened inside that stall, which is why going in there was bad judgment on Ben's part. I mean, like you said, he's a big pay day for someone. So why would he put himself in that kind of position? That's not me being on a high horse, it's me stating THE OBVIOUS. And don't try putting words into my mouth. I never said he had to stay at home reading the bible and studying game film. I just said he needs to avoid being alone with a drunk girl in a 5x5 bathroom that's at the end of a dark hallway. You wanna talk about thinking rationally and yet you can't even rationalize why it's STUPID for Ben to put himself in that situation.

Thats right. start the name calling. I agreed with about 80% of what you said until now. If you don't have a rational argument then don't post.
Hi IS a target whether he's in a club, Vegas, or at home on his couch. It doesn't matter. But he is allowed to do the same things you and I are allowed to do by law. Making 100 mil does not preclude him from living his life legally.

-ysgi

steeldawg
04-13-2010, 04:53 PM
And the fans.

WPXI and 93.7 (the 'fan') can bite me. They are soooo disappointed that Ben was not charged. They couldn't care less about the case, other than its days of bringing viewers/listeners is waning.
Look at the pic that WPXI uses of Ben. It makes him look like a d-bag. Why did they do that. Are they reporting neutrally? Doesn't seem that way to me.
Rick Earl is still in GA trying to drum up any negativity he can about this case.

And Siebel and Starkey (sp? who cares) they just about cried over the news that charges were NOT being pressed. They know that they suck, and will probably lose their jobs because listeners numbers will drop to nil. No one wants to hear "Whats the bests rivalry in sports now.?" Well apparently its Siebel and the letter 'S'. Whats the deal with a radio personality that cant speak properly - but I digress.
All they do is plant the seed that Ben is still guilty. They also only let people on the air that agree with them. What's up with that. They move here from who-knows-where, and start pissing on our city - ARE YOU KIDDING ME.

And you holier-than-thou fans that want be crucified for nothing more than an accusation that a super prosecutor (that would love a high-profile WIN to help his Gubernatorial bid) could not find enough evidence that a crime had even occoured, let alone that Ben was responsible. Maybe, just maybe, he doesn't deserve the heat. The police and GBI spent A MONTH pouring over evidence that you and I will NEVER know of, and came to this conclusion.

And until someone presses charges and PROVES him guilty - this is still the USA and he is INNOCENT. So until then, get off your high horses and give the guy the benefit of the doubt. Maybe you all should look at yourselves before firing off stupid posts.

Ben owes you NOTHING more than throwing that ball to the best of his ability to win games. He doesn't owe you a straight-laced goodie-goodie life. He is a MAN and deserves the same freedoms that you and I had growing up.
When his arm gives out, then we will be done with him, just as we were with sooo many Pgh athletes over the years.

-ysgi

PS. Go Pens !

Love this post lets go # 7 :tt: :tt03:

steeldawg
04-13-2010, 04:55 PM
Sigh.

The team I root for has made a 100 million dollar investment in a QB, and that investment looks to be about 50 50 or worse in payouts.

Happy now?

how do you figure we won 2 sb's and sell out every game.

ysgi
04-13-2010, 05:03 PM
Sigh.

Happy now?

Its not semantics. Its your feeling of entitlement. Entitled to suspend Ben, and ENTITLED to make up a story about what happened in that bathroom. Since you had it all laid out in a nice little time line, and you seem to know the details, then that makes you an accomplice. ABSURD you say ! Well thats how I feel when you say bench or trade our starting QB that we paid $100 mil to. Apparently you are no accountant, because paying Ben 100 mil then sitting him for (what did you say 5,6,8) games is not any way to get a ROI. Especially if its just to make those on the fringe 'feel' better. Besides he has paid off a lot more than whatever 50 50 means.
What will sitting him do except make us lose. What good can come from it. He could STILL be accused of ANYTHING at ANYTIME. Its a possible PAYDAY. Think about it. If Ben TRULY is not guilty, then its that law-breaking, (most likely overly Dramatized) girl that caused an innocent man to lose money, and maybe his job.

In a nutshell: He can't stay away from EVERY situation, especially those that come looking for him. So have a coke-and-a-smile and chill out your highness.

-ysgi

ysgi
04-13-2010, 05:06 PM

+1

-ysgi

Preacher
04-13-2010, 05:22 PM

Wow. Talk about completely missing the point.

I am speaking of THE FUTURE, where a single player that has 100 million dollars invested in him may not be able to complete the contract if he keeps doing the things he is doing.

How hard is it to comprehend that fact?

steeldawg
04-13-2010, 05:27 PM

I am speaking of THE FUTURE, where a single player that has 100 million dollars invested in him may not be able to complete the contract if he keeps doing the things he is doing.

well if you know anything about nfl contracts its not gauranteed money so no they have not invested 100 million dollars in him. if he cant finish his contact they only paid him for when he was playing.. so no i have no problem understanding what your saying i just think its stupid..... so go ahead and comprehend that. :fingers:

ysgi
04-13-2010, 05:30 PM

:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::b lah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

When you own your own team, feel free to do it your way, until then leave it up to the pros.

-ysgi

Preacher
04-13-2010, 05:31 PM
Its not semantics. Its your feeling of entitlement. Entitled to suspend Ben, and ENTITLED to make up a story about what happened in that bathroom. Since you had it all laid out in a nice little time line, and you seem to know the details, then that makes you an accomplice. ABSURD you say ! Well thats how I feel when you say bench or trade our starting QB that we paid $100 mil to. Apparently you are no accountant, because paying Ben 100 mil then sitting him for (what did you say 5,6,8) games is not any way to get a ROI. Especially if its just to make those on the fringe 'feel' better. Besides he has paid off a lot more than whatever 50 50 means.
What will sitting him do except make us lose. What good can come from it. He could STILL be accused of ANYTHING at ANYTIME. Its a possible PAYDAY. Think about it. If Ben TRULY is not guilty, then its that law-breaking, (most likely overly Dramatized) girl that caused an innocent man to lose money, and maybe his job.

In a nutshell: He can't stay away from EVERY situation, especially those that come looking for him. So have a coke-and-a-smile and chill out your highness.

-ysgi

First. show me where I said trade. Thank you.
second. Entitlement? I think you need to look up the definition of entitlement then show where I think I am entitled.
Third. He is signed for another 8 years, and the majority of the 100 million dollars is to be paid out over that time, which means it is now tied up in Ben. I don't think it is too much to expect a player who has 100 million dollars invested in him to act like it.

Fourth. That um, wasn't my timeline. That is the ESTABLISHED TIME LINE. Please try to keep up with the facts.

Fifth, Sitting him means we may lose a few games this year. Sweeping it under the rug means the team teaches him the behavior is ok, and as I have said before, we have about a 50/50 chance of losing him for GOOD over the next offseason or two for some other idiotic "bad decision" he makes.

Sixth, you really need to learn about the issues of perception- that what looks one way to one person looks very different to another.... and THAT is the reason why we have so many lawsuits today.

Now, Once more time, let's try to actually argue the argument instead of throwing around spurious claims.

Fact 1- Ben has placed himself in three BAD positions in three offseasons over the last 5.

Fact 2- Two of those 5 bad positions has threatened his career.

Fact 3- The Steelers have 100 million invested in him for the next 8 or so years.

Conclusion- The current course of Ben's actions puts the investment in jeopardy.

Do you agree or disagree, and why?

Preacher
04-13-2010, 05:36 PM
:blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah::b lah::blah::blah::blah::blah::blah:

When you own your own team, feel free to do it your way, until then leave it up to the pros.

-ysgi

You mean the pros like the Rooneys and Tomlin, who benched Santo last year for a game that we lost?

Like the Rooneys, who got rid of our number 1 RB in the mid 90's because of marijuana?

You mean the pros, like the Rooney's that got rid of Santo because he wasn't acting like a pro?

You mean like the pros, like the Rooneys that let Peezy go because he was causing an offseason problem while we brought in a new coach?

You mean like the pros, like the Rooneys that low-balled Big Red because he was causing problems and disrupting the line?

You mean the pros, like Tomlin that put our Star NT on the PUP list because he came into camp overweight?

Your right. I am WAY off for expecting the coach and team to use discipline. They have NEVER done that before. :rolleyes:

Preacher
04-13-2010, 05:42 PM
well if you know anything about nfl contracts its not gauranteed money so no they have not invested 100 million dollars in him. if he cant finish his contact they only paid him for when he was playing.. so no i have no problem understanding what your saying i just think its stupid..... so go ahead and comprehend that. :fingers:

Brilliant,

Except for one problem.

Financial decisions about keeping and paying players are being made based on how much BEN is being paid and WILL be paid. So the investment in Ben doesn't just affect him, but the entire team.

You can keep being petulant, or we can actually discuss the facts. Its up to you.

steeldawg
04-13-2010, 05:50 PM
yes the 100 million dollars is tied up but regardless if the actions took place or not the money would still be tied up. but if for some reason he could not finish his contract that money would not be lost. So as long as hes on the field throwing touchdowns hes earning his money and the steelers are cashing in. So he made some bad choices but has not done anything illegal. He has alot of play left in him and hes one hell of a QB which really is all i care about...

steeldawg
04-13-2010, 05:52 PM
Brilliant,

Except for one problem.

Financial decisions about keeping and paying players are being made based on how much BEN is being paid and WILL be paid. So the investment in Ben doesn't just affect him, but the entire team.

You can keep being petulant, or we can actually discuss the facts. Its up to you.

You are acting like we are paying him and not getting anything out of him.

Preacher
04-13-2010, 05:56 PM
yes the 100 million dollars is tied up but regardless if the actions took place or not the money would still be tied up. but if for some reason he could not finish his contract that money would not be lost. So as long as hes on the field throwing touchdowns hes earning his money and the steelers are cashing in. So he made some bad choices but has not done anything illegal. He has alot of play left in him and hes one hell of a QB which really is all i care about...

Thanks... that is more of how I want to debate this....

Okay, I understand what you are saying. But right now, that 100 mil. is tied up in one person, instead of 2 or 3 people. Furthermore, while he is on the team and considered the franchise QB under this contract, the team is pretty limited in bringing in another QB to take over incase he DOES do something that precludes him from playing again... which as I have said, seems like a 50/50 chance right now.

I agree with you that he is on the verge of being a great QB. I think the SB in 08 set his path towards the HOF. I for one want to see him with us for about another 8-10 years, which is why I don't want this swept under the rug now. IMO, a benching for 6 games or so this year sends Ben a message that his actions affect not only his personal life, but his professional life.

I want that message sent SPECIFICALLY because I fear that if it is not, Ben WONT be our QB for 8 or so more years. His bad decision making will catch up with him.

In essence, you and I want the same thing, but see two different ways of going about it.

You are acting like we are paying him and not getting anything out of him.

No, I know we are getting something out of him in the present. However, the team has bet the FUTURE on him as well, including loading up the WR's and the RB for his style of play. It is his responsibility to look protect that future investment as well.

steeldawg
04-13-2010, 06:09 PM
Thanks... that is more of how I want to debate this....

Okay, I understand what you are saying. But right now, that 100 mil. is tied up in one person, instead of 2 or 3 people. Furthermore, while he is on the team and considered the franchise QB under this contract, the team is pretty limited in bringing in another QB to take over incase he DOES do something that precludes him from playing again... which as I have said, seems like a 50/50 chance right now.

I agree with you that he is on the verge of being a great QB. I think the SB in 08 set his path towards the HOF. I for one want to see him with us for about another 8-10 years, which is why I don't want this swept under the rug now. IMO, a benching for 6 games or so this year sends Ben a message that his actions affect not only his personal life, but his professional life.

I want that message sent SPECIFICALLY because I fear that if it is not, Ben WONT be our QB for 8 or so more years. His bad decision making will catch up with him.

In essence, you and I want the same thing, but see two different ways of going about it.

Well i dont think we would be able do bring in a qb to jump right in to take his place if he did something stupid. The only qb that could do that would be a starting qb and no starter is going to sit in a backup role and wait for something to happen. Besides if he does do something to end his career the remaining money is freed up and we can pursue many avenues. We have a good young qb in dixon backing him up. 6 games is way to much ,2 if any would be more than enough especially since there are no legal ramifications.

SteelersBry79
04-13-2010, 06:18 PM
I hate the media as much as everyone. During this whole Ben drama, the only place I've paid any attention is here, and that's after some links were added to verify what's being said at that moment.

Preacher
04-13-2010, 06:23 PM
Well i dont think we would be able do bring in a qb to jump right in to take his place if he did something stupid. The only qb that could do that would be a starting qb and no starter is going to sit in a backup role and wait for something to happen. Besides if he does do something to end his career the remaining money is freed up and we can pursue many avenues. We have a good young qb in dixon backing him up. 6 games is way to much ,2 if any would be more than enough especially since there are no legal ramifications.

I am hoping that when Ben is about 33 or so, that we go out with our first round and pick up a QB. Give him a couple years to develop under Ben, then move him into the starting role. I should have said that before to better explain what I meant.

So, if Ben goes now (or the next year or two), that puts the Steelers in a 3 year hole or so... unless they can capture lightening twice in a bottle via the draft.

Also, correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think the money is immediately freed up. It has to go through arbitration, and may severely limit the Steelers in contract negotiation if it hits in the wrong time.

Of course... we both hope it DOESNT happen. I just don't think 2 games is enough to get through to Ben just how important a lesson this is. Ok., 6 may be too many. Four seems to be about right.

steeldawg
04-13-2010, 06:29 PM
but i think other teams like the colts patriots saints are in the same situation im mean lets be honest the backups on any of those teams are not the future for those franchises

ysgi
04-13-2010, 10:13 PM
I still feel that most of the people on this board have been swayed by the media bias.

If they had come out and said "Ben is clear - Horray" Lets have a parade. We would all be fat, dumb, and happy.

Instead its gone from a payday for the accuser to a payday for the networks. Thats because if they say "Its over" then its over. But if they say " He should be benched. What do you think" the sheeple keep watching.

It really shows the mentality of the population as a whole. We are able to be led very easily. SAD.

-ysgi

zulater
04-13-2010, 11:31 PM
I still feel that most of the people on this board have been swayed by the media bias.

No I think some people are swayed by two seperate allegations of sexual assualt against Ben coming as close together as they have. If it were a player on any other team the first thought out of most of our heads would be too much smoke not to be any fire.

If they had come out and said "Ben is clear - Horray" Lets have a parade. We would all be fat, dumb, and happy.

I think it would have been nice if the Georgia DA would have proclaimed the charges completely unfounded.
:chuckle:

Instead its gone from a payday for the accuser to a payday for the networks. Thats because if they say "Its over" then its over. But if they say " He should be benched. What do you think" the sheeple keep watching.

I think you assume too much about others.

It really shows the mentality of the population as a whole. We are able to be led very easily. SAD.

:blah:

-ysgi

What are people supposed to do, tune out the story when it's so relelvant to us?

By the way Doug Gotlieb on ESPN radio from 4-6 has probably been fairer to Ben than anyone that I've heard on the airwaves. I wish they'd put him up head to head with some of those other talking heads that have been ripping Ben apart. Gotlieb ripped into some things Screaming A . Smith said today too. always worth extra points when you can get in a rip on that clown :thumbsup:

Mike and Mike have been tolerable as well. Particuarly Golic.

ysgi
04-13-2010, 11:46 PM
What are people supposed to do, tune out the story when it's so relelvant to us?

By the way Doug Gotlieb on ESPN radio from 4-6 has probably been fairer to Ben than anyone that I've heard on the airwaves. I wish they'd put him up head to head with some of those other talking heads that have been ripping Ben apart. Gotlieb ripped into some things Screaming A . Smith said today too. always worth extra points when you can get in a rip on that clown :thumbsup:

Mike and Mike have been tolerable as well. Particuarly Golic.

Yeah I heard Golic. He seemed like he was trying to be fair, but the producers wanted him to 'stir the pot'.
People need to gain as much information as they can. What I'm trying to do is to point out the obvious; that WPXI is only in it for the money. They don't CARE. Its not about morals, or conduct. Its about how long they can kick this dead horse.
END OF STORY.

-ysgi

Preacher
04-14-2010, 01:11 AM
but i think other teams like the colts patriots saints are in the same situation im mean lets be honest the backups on any of those teams are not the future for those franchises

Yep. They are. And their QB's aren't taking risks that make it a 50-50 shot that he will make it through the offseason... and that is my very point.

Right now, Ben is taking those risks, which makes him a much bigger risk to his team.

Preacher
04-14-2010, 01:12 AM

-ysgi

Well, for me personally, you can go back and check my posts concerning the first time this type of thing happened last offseason. You will find that I have been pretty much right down the line... and am saying the same things now that I did then.

steeldawg
04-14-2010, 06:30 AM

-ysgi

THe media keeps saying the DA released all thesse facts about the case that were so horrible, but i cant seem to find them anywhere. does anyone know what they are refering too.

plenewken
04-14-2010, 08:56 AM

-ysgi

Excuse me but I didn't see or hear the Steelers support him after the DA's press conference either. You think the FO has been swayed by the media also?
Was anyone from the FO standing next to Ben when he spoke Monday night from the locker room? Nope.
Heck, as it was pointed out in the medias, there was no Steelers logo in sight, no Corporate sponsor (PNC) logo either, contrary to last year when Ben spoke about the Nevada case, with Tomlin and Colbert standing next to him.
What does that tell you?

ysgi
04-14-2010, 02:53 PM
Of course the FO is swayed by the media. They know that the media sways the people. So if the people "FEEL" that he is guilty - ALTHOUGH THEY SHOULDN'T - the FO has to distance themselves from him. That's so you bleeding hearts out there can feel 'satisfied'.

So lets look at that logic. If he DID do it, he practically got away 'Scott Free'.
If he DIDNT DO ANYTHING - He's being punished for some crazy chicks false accusations. Either way, its wrong.

-ysgi

stillers4me
04-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Excuse me but I didn't see or hear the Steelers support him after the DA's press conference either. You think the FO has been swayed by the media also?
Was anyone from the FO standing next to Ben when he spoke Monday night from the locker room? Nope.
Heck, as it was pointed out in the medias, there was no Steelers logo in sight, no Corporate sponsor (PNC) logo either, contrary to last year when Ben spoke about the Nevada case, with Tomlin and Colbert standing next to him.
What does that tell you?

For all we know, Ben said, "let me do this by myself". We just don't know and anything else is making assumptions.

And for the recode, the media did not disappoint me at all....I expected it to be like this.

Preacher
04-14-2010, 03:41 PM
For all we know, Ben said, "let me do this by myself". We just don't know and anything else is making assumptions.

And for the recode, the media did not disappoint me at all....I expected it to be like this.

Just like everyone saying he is innocent and the woman are wh0res are complete assumptions

plenewken
04-14-2010, 03:56 PM
Of course the FO is swayed by the media. They know that the media sways the people. So if the people "FEEL" that he is guilty - ALTHOUGH THEY SHOULDN'T - the FO has to distance themselves from him. That's so you bleeding hearts out there can feel 'satisfied'.

So lets look at that logic. If he DID do it, he practically got away 'Scott Free'.
If he DIDNT DO ANYTHING - He's being punished for some crazy chicks false accusations. Either way, its wrong.

-ysgi

I think you're insulting a lot of people's intelligence, including the Rooneys.
You think the Steelers as an organization give a damn what the media think of Ben Roethlisberger? They're smarter than that, dude. They're taking their distance from Ben because they have good reasons to do so. They pay him very well to play at the highest level and to conduct himself appropriately off the field. That's his obligation as a Steeler, like it or not.
People in general not only feel Ben's guilty but know damn well he's guilty. Guilty of what? Guilty of conducting himself like an idiot and guilty of making lots of poor decisions off the field that ultimately impact the Steelers in terms of competitiveness, image, reputation and market value.
If I was giving $100M to an idiot who regularly brings problems to my franchise, regardless of his talent on the field, I wouldn't need the media to tell me what to do.

memphissteelergirl
04-14-2010, 04:00 PM
You think the Steelers as an organization give a damn what the media think of Ben Roethlisberger? They're smarter than that, dude. They're taking their distance from Ben because they have good reasons to do so. They pay him very well to play at the highest level and to conduct himself appropriately off the field. That's his obligation as a Steeler, like it or not.
People in general not only feel Ben's guilty but know damn well he's guilty. Guilty of what? Guilty of conducting himself like an idiot and guilty of making lots of poor decisions off the field that ultimately impact the Steelers in terms of competitiveness, image, reputation and market value.
If I was giving $100M to an idiot who regularly brings problems to my franchise, regardless of his talent on the field, I wouldn't need the media to tell me what to do.

:applaudit::applaudit::applaudit::applaudit:

ysgi
04-14-2010, 04:21 PM

Well, apparently you've made up your mind. You're right. He MUST be guilty of something, RIGHT??? Why else would all these TV camera's be pointed at him. It couldn't be to MAKE MONEY OUT OF THIN AIR, COULD IT???
Until you have PR experience like my family does, you would never know how this works. Its not your fault. You really haven't been trained to understand. That's not an insult, its the truth. People believe what they hear and see repeatedly, Lie or Not. Even if they know better, they will eventually start to question themselves.

Why else are they using that Pic of Ben looking like someone's sticking a finger in his butt? Its to make him LOOK like an a-hole, then they tell you he's an a-hole over, and over, and over. Then guess what, then you come on here and start to defend what your hear on TV.

You can admit it, I make a lot of sense. Its okay, I'm used to proving people wrong.

-ysgi

plenewken
04-14-2010, 04:52 PM
Well, apparently you've made up your mind. You're right. He MUST be guilty of something, RIGHT??? Why else would all these TV camera's be pointed at him. It couldn't be to MAKE MONEY OUT OF THIN AIR, COULD IT???
Until you have PR experience like my family does, you would never know how this works. Its not your fault. You really haven't been trained to understand. That's not an insult, its the truth. People believe what they hear and see repeatedly, Lie or Not. Even if they know better, they will eventually start to question themselves.

Why else are they using that Pic of Ben looking like someone's sticking a finger in his butt? Its to make him LOOK like an a-hole, then they tell you he's an a-hole over, and over, and over. Then guess what, then you come on here and start to defend what your hear on TV.

You can admit it, I make a lot of sense. Its okay, I'm used to proving people wrong.

-ysgi

I'll repeat once again, he's guilty AT A MINIMUM of making poor decisions off the field and bringing embarrassment to his family, his friends, his employer, his colleagues, his fans, his sponsors, etc ..............

How hard is it to understand? Apparently you're the only one not understanding cause even Ben did. That's what he apologized for Monday night on TV.

Oh and as far as people making Ben look like an @sshole, I tell you what. People don't need to, Ben's doing a heck of a job himself.

You haven't watched his public statement Monday night, have you? I can tell an @sshole when I see one and he was on TV Monday night. He showed no genuine remorse, no contrition whatsoever. He couldn't even speak his mind, he couldn't even look at the camera, he had to read a piece of paper written by someone else.
At least, he could have made an effort to be more presentable, shave, cut his hair before just to show respect to the viewers. Nope. Thanks God he didn't wear his "Drink Like A Champion" t-shirt or his Satan t-shirt.
Funny thing, he shaved, cut his hair and wore a suit and tie to meet Goodell yesterday. Why that? Does he respect Goodell more than us? Or maybe he fears him more?

He's an @ss. That's my opinion and I don't give a f*ck what yours is.

Preacher
04-14-2010, 05:14 PM

-ysgi

http://wcuk.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/1195455133059.jpg

vasteeler
04-14-2010, 07:19 PM

-ysgi

again i understand what your trying to say but if you want people taking you serious .......quit being a dick

ysgi
04-14-2010, 07:32 PM
I dont care that you dont care. I started this thread so apparently you do care.

I know yinz haters are just hatin' cause thats what yinz do.

:hug:

Its sad that you have to live in misery. Even you preacher, you are supposed to turn-the-other-cheek. Pathetic.

Maybe we should give Ben a blindfold, a smoke and stand him against a wall - would that make you happy. NO? OK you can pull the trigger. There you go - happy now, NO, I didn't think so.

This thread is about the media bias - and you two are proving my point.

-ysgi

Preacher
04-14-2010, 07:36 PM
I dont care that you dont care. I started this thread so apparently you do care.

I know yinz haters are just hatin' cause thats what yinz do.

:hug:

Its sad that you have to live in misery. Even you preacher, you are supposed to turn-the-other-cheek. Pathetic.

Maybe we should give Ben a blindfold, a smoke and stand him against a wall - would that make you happy. NO? OK you can pull the trigger. There you go - happy now, NO, I didn't think so.

This thread is about the media bias - and you two are proving my point.

-ysgi

:rofl: Wow. So I am supposed to turn the other cheek and ignore what looks like rape?

And no, that isn't what the "media" says. I have read through McNulty's accusations. Then I compared it with the general things said about Ben in this case, and the very general things said about Ben in Vegas.

Let me give you a little hint.

Once is a mistake, twice a coincidence, three times a pattern.

This has nothing to do with "turning the other cheek" as he isn't trying to physical attack me.

I suppose however, you would expect your wife to "turn the other cheek" for Ben if he got her drunk right? How about your daughter? It'd all just be media hype then too right?

ysgi
04-14-2010, 07:37 PM
again i understand what your trying to say but if you want people taking you serious .......quit being a dick

Maybe I should be Sat for 4 to 8 threads, or maybe I should be traded to another fan board.

Although I haven't been found guilty of anything - people don't like me. THATS MY POINT - people but 'feelings' into this stuff. They 'FEEL' like they have a vested interest. THEY DON'T. They are SPECTATORS. They have NO SAY.

See how perception makes people think irrationally.

-ysgi

fansince'76
04-14-2010, 07:46 PM
:rofl: Wow. So I am supposed to turn the other cheek and ignore what looks like rape?

And no, that isn't what the "media" says. I have read through McNulty's accusations. Then I compared it with the general things said about Ben in this case, and the very general things said about Ben in Vegas.

Let me give you a little hint.

Once is a mistake, twice a coincidence, three times a pattern.

This has nothing to do with "turning the other cheek" as he isn't trying to physical attack me.

I suppose however, you would expect your wife to "turn the other cheek" for Ben if he got her drunk right? How about your daughter? It'd all just be media hype then too right?

C'mon, Preach - the one in Tahoe was a loon that creates imaginary boyfriends for herself, the second one in Georgia we have no idea the identity of whose story regarding the night in question changed from everything I've read, and the third was "revealed" by an attorney who damn near breached attorney/client privilege in "revealing" and then went out of his way to backtrack what he said about.

Ben is an immature dumbass without a wit of common sense, granted. But a RAPIST? Sorry, not buying that one.

ysgi
04-14-2010, 08:59 PM

Exactly what do you mean by that??? Choose you words VERY carefully.

Preacher
04-14-2010, 09:09 PM
C'mon, Preach - the one in Tahoe was a loon that creates imaginary boyfriends for herself, the second one in Georgia we have no idea the identity of whose story regarding the night in question changed from everything I've read, and the third was "revealed" by an attorney who damn near breached attorney/client privilege in "revealing" and then went out of his way to backtrack what he said about.

Ben is an immature dumbass without a wit of common sense, granted. But a RAPIST? Sorry, not buying that one.

Never said Rapist FS. I said "looks like it".

I am very specific in that phrasing, because as I have said in other threads, the two views of reality are worlds apart. But when you have claims in three widely distributed places concerning the same types of actions, well, where there is smoke, there is fire.

The debate is whether it is a small flame or a raging forest fire. Personally, I think its a small flame... but the problem does exist--

Preacher
04-14-2010, 09:13 PM
Exactly what do you mean by that??? Choose you words VERY carefully.

Excuse me? Are you um... threatening me over the internet? Really?

I think what I "mean" is quite plain.

I surmising that by your post, you would turn the other cheek to your wife or daughter being raped by Ben, because of course, it is the media that defined it.

I always choose my words carefully. Unless your a mod, giving a "warning" on a forum is quite silly.

tony hipchest
04-14-2010, 09:20 PM
preacher, its pretty obvious 'wiseguy" doesnt have a wife or daughter.

maybe a chia pet he affectionately cares for....

fansince'76
04-14-2010, 09:49 PM
Never said Rapist FS. I said "looks like it".

I am very specific in that phrasing, because as I have said in other threads, the two views of reality are worlds apart. But when you have claims in three widely distributed places concerning the same types of actions, well, where there is smoke, there is fire.

The debate is whether it is a small flame or a raging forest fire. Personally, I think its a small flame... but the problem does exist--

Oh, really? When one of the claims came a year after the "fact" and were lodged by an apparent nutcase, or the unnamed one that apparently decided to cooperate fully with the investigation, then not, then did again and then finally not, or the one that supposedly happened months ago, but was "conveniently" brought up yesterday for the very first time by a lawyer who then fell all over himself afterward to recant it?

Here's another possibility: after one allegation is made, doesn't it seem like a reasonable notion that the subject of said allegation can become an easy target and any subsequent allegations become much more plausible, regardless of their veracity?

steelerdude15
04-14-2010, 09:54 PM
The Nevada case is completely made up, even a blind person can see that. The woman just wants that moneyyyyyyyyyy. And the girl from GA... everyone is bashing him for buying her shots... here's the thing, she had a fake ID. That's very common for many of us college students if many of you didn't know and I say that a tad bit slower for the people who don't understand.
http://media.audiojunkies.com/special-ed-crank-yankers-audio-junkies-forum.jpg

Dodt
04-14-2010, 10:49 PM
anybody catch this mornings the herd doug gotly had a good point concerning this.

Preacher
04-15-2010, 03:13 AM
Oh, really? When one of the claims came a year after the "fact" and were lodged by an apparent nutcase, or the unnamed one that apparently decided to cooperate fully with the investigation, then not, then did again and then finally not, or the one that supposedly happened months ago, but was "conveniently" brought up yesterday for the very first time by a lawyer who then fell all over himself afterward to recant it?

Here's another possibility: after one allegation is made, doesn't it seem like a reasonable notion that the subject of said allegation can become an easy target and any subsequent allegations become much more plausible, regardless of their veracity?

FS.

is it reasonable? Possibly. But what is MORE reasonable? That three different women over a three year period were all out to get Ben? Especially when the one in LV happened BEFORE the McNulty case was brought to the public?

Or that Ben is doing things that are at the VERY LEAST... Questionable?

Sorry FS, but I have to side on the latter. I find it very hard to believe that there are three different cases... all of which are false, ESPECIALLY when two of the three didn't want to pursue legal matters.

Think of it like this. Michael Jackson was accused by a bunch of children/parents after he paid off one. The second time, he stood up and made the family go to court. All the suits stopped.

Here, what do we have? One suit that is the first. Another investigation before that suit was ever known, and a third investigation that the woman didn't want to happen, which is common in rape cases. You have three diverging issues which all centered around some common core facts. Those facts, IMO don't add up to innocence. Am I accusing him of rape? No. I have said that before. I AM however, saying that he is doing things that need to stop. Now. Or he will run into SERIOUS consequences, because the facts of a case will turn too much against him.

zulater
04-15-2010, 07:14 AM
Go away troll.

By the way. this post was directed towards a since deleted post. I'm editing this to say as much because I don't wnat anyone to think I'm directing this towards Preacher.

While I disagree with many of the conclusions Preacher has drawn in regards to Ben's situation, I respect the way he expresses his opinion always.

Hammer67
04-15-2010, 07:40 AM
I am very disappointed in people who are willing to overlook how this guy has raped someone and you don't care as long as he wins football games.

just look at the evidence, and his web of lies, he did it hes just lucky hes white

Oh wow...this has to be a troll post to play the race card...shame on you!!!! This has NOTHING to do with race!!

:busted:

Hammer67
04-15-2010, 07:47 AM
Anyway...an interesting discussion, folks. I totally see both sides here. The only point of contention I have is when I see "Ben was getting her drunk" or something similar. For Pete's sake, she was in a bar. That's what people do in bars! I think she was doing a good enough job of it herself. So he bought her and her friends some shots. How is that strange?

As to his innocence, well, no one knows for sure except him and those women. But, I can see him being very forward, the chick is tipsy and says "Ok"...then kind of snaps out of it and her friend grabs her. Then, all of a sudden. "I was assaulted".

It happens. I think Ben is guilty of nothing more then stupid judgement. This isn't the era of Joe Willy Namath where he can go bang chicks in groups of five, in public, anymore. These are the days of internet forums, iPhones and TMZ. So, he has to use better judgment and have hookers brought to his house...lol.

Seriously, though, I also understand the anger as if I had an 8 year old boy who worshiped Ben the football player, now I have to figure out how to explain it. That freaking sucks.

zulater
04-15-2010, 10:13 AM
Go away troll.

By the way. this post was directed towards a since deleted post. I'm editing this to say as much because I don't wnat anyone to think I'm directing this towards Preacher.

While I disagree with many of the conclusions Preacher has drawn in regards to Ben's situation, I respect the way he expresses his opinion always.

Just want to make this clear so there will be no misunderstanding of where i stand on things.

steelerdave1969
04-15-2010, 10:34 AM
I have heard of a lot of fans on Sirius Radio that are sayiing they are Steelers fans and wish the Steelers would just release Ben, are you nuts? The Steelers would be totally stupid for doing that first of all. They owe him still the guarenteed money and they would get No Compensation for a 2 Time Super Bowl Champion QB, there is only 10 in NFL History that has won mulitiple super bowls at QB and he is one of'em.
I love Ben and I hope the guy gets his act together and plays out his years in the NFL for the Steelers and wins atleast as many Super Bowls as loud mouth Terry Bradshaw did. Its none of his business what Ben does and he should just keep his trap shut and pay attention to FOX's Joke for a Crew

fansince'76
04-15-2010, 10:40 AM
Just want to make this clear so there will be no misunderstanding of where i stand on things.

Sorry - that piece of trash had to be removed.

zulater
04-15-2010, 11:09 AM
Sorry - that piece of trash had to be removed.

Thanks from all of us. :hatsoff:

Preacher
04-15-2010, 02:40 PM
Go away troll.

EXCUSE ME?

:chuckle:
(I read the rest... just wanted to freak you out for a second :wink02:)

JSH6487
04-15-2010, 03:03 PM
Great post by the OP!!!!

I am also boycotting 93.7 The Fan too and it's a shame because I actually liked them.

Lambertfan
04-15-2010, 04:38 PM
Reading these posts Ben could be The Pope!!!! He should of not been anywhere near a 20 year old drunk girl, So lets holler at the media for covering the DA and his details..because it makes Ben look bad for shame...It all about The Super Bowl Trophy and who cares if some girls rights get trampled on just win Baby.
I am sorry but this stinks to high to high heaven but I will probably get my you know what cut off for ever questiong BB. I know there are a lot of BB fans but out here in Flyover Country people are P*&^d at him and his better then thou attitude and they want him gone and it is growing more and more everyday. Just my 2 cents now you can wack me...

Preacher
04-15-2010, 04:49 PM
Reading these posts Ben could be The Pope!!!! He should of not been anywhere near a 20 year old drunk girl, So lets holler at the media for covering the DA and his details..because it makes Ben look bad for shame...It all about The Super Bowl Trophy and who cares if some girls rights get trampled on just win Baby.
I am sorry but this stinks to high to high heaven but I will probably get my you know what cut off for ever questiong BB. I know there are a lot of BB fans but out here in Flyover Country people are P*&^d at him and his better then thou attitude and they want him gone and it is growing more and more everyday. Just my 2 cents now you can wack me...

Gotta say I agree with you (except I don't want him gone at this point).

BTW, its good seeing you back. I run across your posts now and then . . .

Lambertfan
04-15-2010, 06:15 PM
Thanks a lot of the nice words Maybe I will make more time. and help relieve my stress levels... There are so many good posters here I kind of go to post then count to 10 and hit delete. I don't know about him being gone via trade but people are hearing how much of a jerk he is in the community it's hard to stick up for him...I do believe he has a probelm with girls..maybe he wants it easy so to speak. I look back on Mario and also see Sid and say Ben you are sentensed to 6 months in Mario Lemieux's house!!!