PDA

View Full Version : i am the luckiest sports fan right now

Koopa
02-06-2006, 01:20 AM
in less then a year i have seen my spurs win the championship, i got to see the 'stros go to the world series, my longhorns beat the mighty usc trojans in the national championship, and now it comes full circle with the steelers going to the superbowl and winning it all. 3-1 for my teams in the championship is not bad at all IMO. maybe hell will freeze over and the stars will win the stanley cup lol

83-Steelers-43
02-06-2006, 01:38 AM
Stinks for me to a degree. Pirates suck, Penguins suck andPitt basketball is starting to prove they can't hang with the big dogs.

But, this Super Bowl victory made everything I stated above mute points.

daleemnm
02-06-2006, 02:56 PM
2006 has been the best sports year ever for me. WVU wins the Sugar Bowl and the Steelers win the big one. I think WVU basketball is going to go far in the NCAA Tourney so hopefully a Final Four.

SalukiSteelers
02-06-2006, 03:24 PM
Well, being a Pirates, Pens, and Bulls fan has sucked for quite a few years so I'll definitely take the Steelers win. Hopefully the Salukis basketball team can get to the Dance for the fifth-straight season and the Salukis baseball team can live up to Baseball America's preseason hype. If they don't, oh well, because the Steelers are World Champions.

BB2W
02-06-2006, 05:38 PM
I am also having a good year with the Pistons, Penn State, and of course the Steelers.

augustashark
02-06-2006, 05:54 PM
There is something other than Steelers football out there?!:hunch:

SteelerzGirl
02-06-2006, 07:10 PM
Congrats, guys! To you and all your fave sports teams! :smile:

ngreene15
02-06-2006, 07:42 PM
Wow, that's some good luck Koop....

Unfortuantley I'm not so lucky... In my 18 years I've been alive, this Steelers Superbowl is the 2nd championship one of my favourite teams has one in their respective leagues. The first happened when I was two, when my CFL team, the Riders won the Grey Cup.

My other favourite teams... Toronto Maple Leafs, always one of the best teams in the NHL, but haven't one a Stanley Cup since '67.... And the Toronto Raptors, have only existed for 11 years, haven't one a championship. Although they were close when Vince Carter was playing his best for them.... It was a heartbreaker when they lost to Philly (2nd Round) in 7, in 2001, Toronto was actually the better team, but Philly had AI.