PDA

View Full Version : The Ben Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15

Vincent
04-22-2010, 11:55 AM
If that was my daughter and found out she's walking around with a DTF button or shirt on, she would be more than grounded.

Spanked?

steelerchad
04-22-2010, 11:56 AM
No.

And here's something I'm curious about. It would seem that more people on this board DO NOT want Ben traded then DO want Ben traded. So where is this "60% want him traded" coming from ?

We'll if you're posting on this board then you're probably a little more than a casual fan. You're probably a little more passonate about the team than say my 89 year old grandma, who is a fan and tunes in on TV to watch on Sundays. But she could really care less about the draft and all the inner workings of a 3-4 vs. a 4-3 defense. She also can go on with her day after a loss pretty much like nothing happened, unlike me who is depressed for the rest of the evening.

My guess is if someone called her or stopped her on her weekly trip to Walmart and asked her a survey question, she may very well fall in the 60%. I think the Trib poll is made up largely of just that, everyday Pittsburgher's of all demographics, some of which may not even be football fans.

You take a poll on the message board right now and it swings the other way 70-30.
You take a poll in July on this message board when all this has quieted down and casual fan is no longer on here and the vote gets even more lopsided to keep Ben.

vasteeler
no way , any body that does must not care if we dont make the playoffs for a long time because thats what will happen

WH
I'd be scared to step out of the locker room to go to my car without security around me.

This.

If I were in the NFL, I would buy a pair of glasses with a video camera in it. If asked why I have it I would say ''A player just got suspended over accusations. I'll be damned if the same happens to me''

ETL
04-22-2010, 11:59 AM
R u guys fuking serious. You r fans of one player? What the hell are u gonna do when he retires? Give up watching football?

Go start a Ben Roethlisberger mamon site somewhere else and stop posting this drivel on this Steelers board.

BlastFurnace
04-22-2010, 11:59 AM
Spanked?

If she were 10 maybe.

I tell my kids all the time when they leave our house...you carry our family name and you are a representation of our family in public. If my daughter was wearing that kind of button or shirt and was out flat out drunk in some sleezy bar, it would break my heart as a father. I'd feel like a failure. How can a man respect you when you don't even respect yourself.

There would be punishment, but my daughter is only 6 right now. I'd have to cross that bridge when (and hopefully it won't) happened.

NJarhead
04-22-2010, 12:00 PM
while brady may be a better qb ben is a better football player. ill take the better football player every time

I don't buy into anything Tom Brady. Tom Brady never threw the game winning TD in a Super Bowl for one. Ben has, and did it in impressive fashion. Adam Vinitieri was more valuable to those Patriots teams than Tom Brady was.

Tom Brady is gay. :chuckle:

colescott1
04-22-2010, 12:01 PM
Lets see what Goodell does to Colts LB, who is accused of sexual assult before last years AFCCG. Case dropped, no evidence....sounds similar, eh?

If this Conduct Policy is not just a cover for favorites, I assume we'll be hearing of a 6 game suspension for him as well.

plenewken
04-22-2010, 12:02 PM
while brady may be a better qb ben is a better football player. ill take the better football player every time

What does that mean? Has Brady (or Ben) played other positions?
If you think one being a 1st rounder and the other a 6th rounder is fully justified, I'd like to hear your reasoning.

NJarhead
04-22-2010, 12:04 PM
What does that mean? Has Brady (or Ben) played other positions?
If you think one being a 1st rounder and the other a 6th rounder is fully justified, I'd like to hear your reasoning.

I think it could be summed up this way:

Tom Brady would not have the same success here in Pittsburgh.
But there's no question Ben would be successful over there. And likely anywhere he played. Tom Brady is waaaaaay overrated.

Ricco Suavez
04-22-2010, 12:07 PM
I have read articles that the Players Union will not appeal Ben's suspension. While I have yet to see an "official" statement this has been reported numerous times . I just believe we are going to see Goodell take a hit for being inconsistent in future cases similar to this one. The media pulls the NFL strings now, if they make a big deal of something it gets all of the attention. A star QB of the Steelers will garnet more attention and more punishment than a defensive lineman on the Colt. Where does Goodell's power stop, does he look into Jerry Jones drunken public outcry about a former coach, or deride the ability of a possible future star. Last week I would of said no but now, I guess it depends on what kind of mood the Commish is in.

plenewken
04-22-2010, 12:09 PM
I think it could be summed up this way:

Tom Brady would not have the same success here in Pittsburgh.
But there's no question Ben would be successful over there. And likely anywhere he played. Tom Brady is waaaaaay overrated.

I could say the exact opposite without any justification like you just did.

NJarhead
04-22-2010, 12:10 PM
The Steelers need to find a happy middle ground somewhere between the enablers they've been towards Ben since Cowher walked out the door and the current we don't know you approach they seem to have adopted for the moment.

At some point they need to let the public know that Ben is being punished for poor decision making not rape. And that they have examined the full GBI report carefully and have concluded to their satisfaction that charges weren't warranted. I think this sort of statement coming from the Steelers would go a long way towards people giving Ben a second chance.

Right now I think 75% of the population think that Ben got away with rape. That's a sad shame because the evidence, and I mean all of it, not just selected inflammatory pieces, virtually prove Ben innocent of criminal conduct.

Like I said before Bright would have filed charges if he believed Ben guilty even if he didn't neccessarily have a winning hand. The vast majority of such cases( disputable evidence) are plead down to a lesser charge because neither side wants to gamble their case on a jury verdict. I repeat there were no charges because there was no good evidence that a criminal offense occured.

Good post, but I believe they have let the public know that. Some folks are just too ignorant to the information provided them.

Goodell wrote in his (highly publicized) letter to Ben: My decision today is not based on a finding that you violated Georgia law, or on a conclusion that differs from that of the local prosecutor. That said, you are held to a higher standard as an NFL player, and there is nothing about your conduct in Milledgeville that can remotely be described as admirable, responsible, or consistent with either the values of the league or the expectations of our fans."

cloppbeast
04-22-2010, 12:11 PM
He wanted an indefinite suspension? For an accusation. You have to be effing kidding me. That's beyond ridiculous.

No, for his conduct. Goodell stated in his letter to Ben quite clearly that this suspension had nothing to do with rape allegations.

NJarhead
04-22-2010, 12:13 PM
I have read articles that the Players Union will not appeal Ben's suspension. While I have yet to see an "official" statement this has been reported numerous times . I just believe we are going to see Goodell take a hit for being inconsistent in future cases similar to this one. The media pulls the NFL strings now, if they make a big deal of something it gets all of the attention. A star QB of the Steelers will garnet more attention and more punishment than a defensive lineman on the Colt. Where does Goodell's power stop, does he look into Jerry Jones drunken public outcry about a former coach, or deride the ability of a possible future star. Last week I would of said no but now, I guess it depends on what kind of mood the Commish is in.

I think Goodell did this so he COULD be tougher in the future. He's setting a new precedent and it starts with Ben. It's really not the end of the world and I have no issues with the NFL trying to curtail the irresponsible behavior of some its under 30 millionaires.

steel9guy
04-22-2010, 12:14 PM
I'm a young Steelers fan and I've been watching since the Neil O Donnel days. Ben Roethlisberger is my favorite player out of any sport i've ever watched. I followed him since day 1 and when Maddox went down against the rats in 04 no one was happier that he was our starter. I have over hundreds of dollars worth of Ben Roethlisberger stuff and he's still to this day my favorite player. With that said I am a Steelers fan first and foremost. I was here before Ben and the day he leaves or retires(hopefully with us) I will still be a Steelers fan. I love the Steelers first and foremost. I could never ever wear a uniform other than the Steelers. It will be horrible if we release him but just keep in mind how great being a Steelers fan is.

NJarhead
04-22-2010, 12:15 PM
I could say the exact opposite without any justification like you just did.

Then say it. Or prove me wrong.

steelreserve
04-22-2010, 12:20 PM
If the Steelers trade Ben...it would be even worse than Al Davis drafting Jamarcus 1st overall and Bey as high as he did. The Rooney's IMO would surpass Al Davis and become the dumbest owners in the league.

Right ... because the two are anything alike. We draft a guy who takes us to two Super Bowls and then get fed up with him because he's as dumb as a post. The Raiders drop an absolute stink bomb in the draft every year and stay non-competitive for a full decade. Explain to me again why you're still even bothering to post this type of crap?

Way I see it, even if we traded Ben for a sack of potatoes, we've already more than gotten our money's worth out of that pick. I wouldn't be a fan of it, but if that's what happens, then it happens.

Shoes
04-22-2010, 12:21 PM
"you play to win the game.".................sure Herm, by the way, why are you still unemployed?

W42iiCcFbxE&feature=related

harts
04-22-2010, 12:22 PM
Didnt read all the responses but the title alone I agree with
If they are trying to trade Ben then they are governing by "public opinion" IMO
And that is not a way to run your organization
No way you trade Ben at this time
He has messed up but he gets an opportunity to fix it

LukesDad88
04-22-2010, 12:23 PM
Brady was a 6th rounder, you know, and like it or not, Brady is widely considered a better QB than Ben, and it's also my opinion.

Even a 6th rounder can look like Montana of he's fed info about what coverages the D is running that play and what kindof rush/blitz they are going to run.

zulater
04-22-2010, 12:24 PM
If you want a clear example of a Goodell's double standard look no farther than Tom Cable the coach of the Raiders. He has at least three seperate allegations of assualt against him, two by woman, and he got nothing.

SteelGhost
04-22-2010, 12:25 PM
Yea I'm so tried of Ben and his antics, I mean what has he done for us over 6 years than any other qb we would've had would've done?

1) 15-1 season, rookie year? Probably a record that will never be broken
2) How many come from behind wins? Pretty close to leading all active QB's
3) Not 1 but 2 Superbowls
4) Should've had 1 mvp trophy and 1 superbowl MVP, because without him passing to the 420 guy, there would be nothing to catch.
5) Plays hurt, plays hurt, shoulders the blame and passes out the praise, never says its him winning the games. What other QB does this? NO ONE, Peyton lays balame and has laid blame, Brady is a freaking baby, mcnabb blames anyone and his mom for mistakes and so on.
6) Has aided charity organization, gives money away and his time.
7) For 6 years, every game that I have watched with exception of maybe 2-3 has been exciting. Not just because of the Steelers but because Ben is a unique talent, where quit is not in his vocab.
8) He is human, young, living life, makes mistakes, just like the rest us. However despite us having a retarded muslim for a president, you are still innocent till proven guilty, and being stupid is not a crime(yet). So everyone can argue your tired of his antics etc. But Ben is innocent and has committed no crimes!

So I ask again, how can you be tired of what Ben has done for this organization? Without him the above doesn't happen and you can take that to the bank.

Rogers better be suspended for multiple games, or what does it tell you? The NFL says it ok to pack a loaded gun in your bag and take it on a plane. Be all you can be.

The guy from the colts? Sexual asault, but no charges because evidence is weak? Going to be suspended right?

Reggie Bush ran up rent, refused to pay his bills? Had a lawsuit filed against him? What does that tell the youth of america? don't pay your bills till your sued? Great role model there.

The suspension is a joke, when no crimes was committed.

Nice post :tt02:

steelreserve
04-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Ben should just start dating her. Problem solved. It certainly couldn't turn out any worse than whatever else he's doing on his own. And at the very least, it'd provide some entertainment for the rest of us.

zulater
04-22-2010, 12:29 PM
Good post, but I believe they have let the public know that. Some folks are just too ignorant to the information provided them.

Goodell wrote in his (highly publicized) letter to Ben:

I understand what you're saying, but also by his comments he's aligning his opinion with Bright who convicted Ben despite not charging him. ( how many times did her refer to the accuser as the "victim"? ) It's sort of a mixed mesage if you ask me. :noidea: I'd like something clear and consise from the team at some point stating they believe him innocent of criminal conduct. I realize it might seem like a minor thing, but I really think it would go a long way with many.

SteelCityMom
04-22-2010, 12:33 PM
No, for his conduct. Goodell stated in his letter to Ben quite clearly that this suspension had nothing to do with rape allegations.

That's even a bigger pile of BS if you ask me. So now you can possibly get an indefinite suspension for your "moral conduct"? WTF? It would have made more sense to me if he had been because of the allegations.

NFL players are so screwed (but only if they garner a ton of media attention).

CanadianSteel
04-22-2010, 12:34 PM
Dont like to post on these long theads usually..... but do enjoy reading :).

Count me in the "no way we should trade Ben" camp. I thought the Santonio deal was way undervalued and certainly dont want to see Ben go....... and will be very upset.

I would have more respect for the Rooneys to stand by Ben and give him his last shot to get his life in order.
People make mistakes, and Ben has used up his 9 lives, but I hope we (fans / organization) would support him while giving him one last chance... IMO

Godfather
04-22-2010, 12:37 PM
Mr. Dunlap responded with a filing that included a section saying that if a physical or psychiatric examination of his client is allowed, "a reciprocal examination" of Mr. Roethlisberger should be mandated. He also said in the motion that he would seek phone records, Internet communications, and names of any women who claimed improper sexual conduct by the quarterback.

Stay classy, McNutty.

polamalubeast
04-22-2010, 12:40 PM
It was a hard blow to lose Santonio, and now I hope we will not lose Roethlisberger.

It really embarrassing off-season

plenewken
04-22-2010, 12:41 PM
Even a 6th rounder can look like Montana of he's fed info about what coverages the D is running that play and what kindof rush/blitz they are going to run.

Interestingly enough, Montana was a 3rd draft pick.
So much for Ben being worth three 1st picks.

Some Steelers fans here must be sniffing glue or sumthin'. I'm just saying.

PalmerSteel
04-22-2010, 12:41 PM
as much as anyone can say this and that about how players are getting screwed and how ben is getting screwed becuase he is goodell's superstar test rat on this one, if it helps players think twice about what they are doing and it helps out future steeler players with shady decision making, then i am willing to go with goodell on this one, along with a wait and see approach.

Dino 6 Rings
04-22-2010, 12:44 PM
Crazy, I'm crazy for feelin' so lonely,
I'm crazy, crazy for feelin' so blue......
I knew, you'd love me as long as you wanted,
And then someday, you'd leave me for somebody new.
Worry, why do I let myself worry?
Wonderin', what in the world did I do?
Oh, crazy, for thinkin' that my love could hold you.....
I'm crazy for tryin' and crazy for cryin
And I'm crazy for lovin' you.
Crazy, for thinkin' that my love could hold you,
I'm crazy for tryin, and crazy for cryin
And I'm crazy for lovin' you.....

Bng_Hevn
04-22-2010, 12:53 PM
Can you Sir explain to me where in my post i said anything about us not being good for 2 years?? you might wanna read it over..:applaudit:

He is referring to you using the number 2 in "years 2 come" rather than proper English.

Internet speak will be the downfall of this country.

kirklandrules
04-22-2010, 12:54 PM
If you want a clear example of a Goodell's double standard look no farther than Tom Cable the coach of the Raiders. He has at least three seperate allegations of assualt against him, two by woman, and he got nothing.

You make a great point zulater. Even though I'm not against the punishment dished to Big Ben, this really is poor consistency on Goodell's part. At least Ben didn't beat the p!ss out of anyone. Cable not only beat his wife and girlfriend, but he was smacking around his employees as well. And the documentation on Cable's troubles was far more extensive than anything we saw with Ben. Additionally, we heard that the QB has a higher standard than others because he is the face of the team ... but isn't that also a role held by the coach, who should demonstrate far more maturity and restraint than an active player?

cloppbeast
04-22-2010, 12:55 PM
From what I'm hearing at the present moment, nobody wants Ben. What's more strange, that no other team is interested in a 2-time SB winning QB, or that the only reason the Steelers aren't trading him is because nobody wants him?

CanadianSteel
04-22-2010, 01:02 PM
I would also be very very upset if Ben was traded.

Wouldnt offer a swift kick however, just a light grazing of the balls with a kick, as a partial nick hurts more :)

Steelers>NFL
04-22-2010, 01:06 PM
From what I'm hearing at the present moment, nobody wants Ben. What's more strange, that no other team is interested in a 2-time SB winning QB, or that the only reason the Steelers aren't trading him is because nobody wants him?
They consider BB too toxic. That is what is being reported.

Big7BenHOF
04-22-2010, 01:07 PM
Arizona was in contact with us yesterday for Ben.

Surprise, surprise ...

Edman
04-22-2010, 01:07 PM
No one wants Ben... for what the Steelers are asking for him.

I'm sorry, but the Steelers do not have the upper hand in negotiations thanks to Ben's suspension. Now he's probably worth a 4th rounder at best.

Really sad the Roethlisberger era has to end like this, but the dude brought it on himself.

Steelers>NFL
04-22-2010, 01:09 PM
Didnt read all the responses but the title alone I agree with
If they are trying to trade Ben then they are governing by "public opinion" IMO
And that is not a way to run your organization
No way you trade Ben at this time
He has messed up but he gets an opportunity to fix it
Again who are we to question the Rooneys. They sign BB paychecks. Not us!

cloppbeast
04-22-2010, 01:09 PM
They consider BB too toxic. That is what is being reported.

Perhaps his most likely shortened career may be another reason.

http://blogs.wsj.com/dailyfix/2009/05/15/the-count-the-accumulated-abuse-of-roethlisberger/tab/article/

BlastFurnace
04-22-2010, 01:10 PM
No one wants Ben... for what the Steelers are asking.

I'm sorry, but the Steelers do not have the upper hand in negotiations thanks to Ben's suspension. Now he's probably worth a 4th rounder at best.

Good. I don't want him traded anyway.

steelreserve
04-22-2010, 01:12 PM
I don't completely agree that Ben's being hung out to dry by some mob-mentality media lynching or a rush to judgment by fans who are idiots and don't know any better.

Yeah, I hear a ton of things like

"Ever heard of innocent until proven guilty?"
"They didn't press charges, so that's end of story, nothing more to talk about."
"OH, this all just keeps happening because he's such a target!"
"It's just an ACCUSATION. If we discipline everyone who gets ACCUSED of something, why don't I just say Tom Brady raped me at a gay bar and then Goodell will instantly have to suspend him for a year?"
"Are you really going to believe some drunken bimbo who can't get her story straight?"
"Are you really going to believe some drunken bimbo with a DTF nametag?"
"Oh, so now everything the accuser says is gospel just because it got reported on PFT?"
"It's not like Ben's the ONLY player with character issues, why is he treated differently?"

On the other hand, ONE thing stands out more than anything else:

Not once have I heard Ben or his attorneys deny that what he's being accused of is basically what took place.

No, really. They deny that anything crossed the line into being criminal. There's debate over little details, like how aggressive the bodyguards were, or whether he whipped his dick out in the hallway or just in the bathroom. I'm NOT saying that I think everything the drunk girls said is 100% accurate. But if you're asking the basic question, "Did Ben take advantage of a college girl who was obviously falling-down drunk?" then no, nobody's come out with anything that would make me think otherwise -- in fact, the way he's handled certain aspects look like an acknowledgment that he engaged in some pretty disgusting conduct. Just maybe not criminal conduct.

What, I'm not allowed to come to that conclusion? Makes me less of a fan? Why do you expect me to play dumb? I've read all the same things you have.

Yes, I've also been a single 20-something male who likes to party. Yes, I've had girls hit on me at bars before and seen that they were completely blotto - and actually walked away despite the fact that I'm not a gay guy or a reclusive shut-in. I even continued to enjoy myself and live my life after doing this, without feeling like someone had made a gross imposition on my personal freedom. I've had PLENTY of hookups with women where alcohol was involved, and I've dated plenty of women who turned out to have a screw loose (one of them even literally ended up in a mental institution, but that's another story). Yet for some reason, no one ever called the cops or sued me even once, let alone three or four times.

Gee, could it be possible that there's something to the theory that the QB is just not a nice guy, or conducts himself in a piss-poor fashion? Can you blame people if they feel awkward rooting for a guy like that? Public opinion DOES matter, because ultimately, even if you think they're all complete idiots, they're the ones paying Ben's salary, they're the ones paying the Rooneys' salaries, and they're the ones who make the whole team possible. If they're unhappy, is listening to them really the worst thing in the world? If this was a politics thread, would we be talking about how the people are all morons and the politicians shouldn't cave in to the idiotic wave of public opinion? Right. Give me a break. Maybe trading Ben wouldn't be the smartest move, but if it does happen, surely you understand why.

OneForTheToe
04-22-2010, 01:12 PM
No one wants Ben... for what the Steelers are asking.

I will root for the Steelers regardless, but, imo, it has to be two firsts, a first and a proven talent (Asomugha), or maybe even a 1st , 2nd and 3rd, if the Rooneys are truly fed up. Ultimately, I am hoping nobody wants him for that price.

Alex G.
04-22-2010, 01:13 PM
article: http://www.opposingviews.com/i/bad-idea-pittsburgh-steelers-trading-ben-roethlisberger
Word came down on Wednesday that Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger would be suspended for 4 to 6 games next season. Shortly thereafter, rumors circulated about the Steelers trading the Super Bowl-winning quarterback for a top-10 draft pick.

Would it not be easier to simply forfeit the next five seasons?

Roethlisberger is a two-time Super Bowl winner. He is one of the -- mentally and physically -- toughest players in the league. At age 28, the Steelers have him locked into a contract that could keep him in Pittsburgh for a very long time, likely through his prime. Countless clutch plays in big games have made him a proven winner.

Yet none of that seems to matter.

If a trade occurs, one of the most storied franchise in sports history is content with going into the 2010-11 season with an all-scrub quarterback core of Dennis Dixon, Byron Leftwich and an irrelevant rookie to be named later.

Let’s assume the Steelers are miraculously able to draft Oklahoma's Sam Bradford in exchange for Roethlisberger. They will still have an unproven young quarterback who was injured in his final college season and has not played a real football game since. Not only would they be uncertain about his NFL capabilities, they would still have to pay him a bloated rookie contract, regardless.

The suspension, the trade rumors, are over two accusations of sexual assault in less than a year. Not charges, accusations. The first accuser had her own co-worker testify against her. The co-worker admitted the accuser had hoped she was impregnated by Roethlisberger. With the second accuser, despite having a 527-page Georgia police report to work with, the district attorney could not find justifiable cause to charge Roethlisberger.

So far, the only charge anyone has stuck on him is that he's a dumb young male putting himself in stupid positions. The only thing Roethlisberger has been proven guilty of is repeated bad judgment.

Nobody is excusing the Steelers quarterback’s actions. It’s been said many times that one sexual assault accusation could be forgiven as a fluke, whereas two becomes a pattern. He deserved his lengthy suspension. That's indisputable. He brought embarrassment upon the league and his team. The punishment handed down by NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell was warranted and in-keeping with the league’s code of conduct policy.

However, the Steelers trading him would be overkill. It would forfeit winning for the next half-decade for the sake of a month’s good publicity with their fans -- the same fans who will turn on them as soon as the month is up because the team is losing. There would be no greater example of cutting off your nose to spite your face than this in recent professional sports history.

It comes down to this for the Steelers: You're at a fork in the road. Either let Roethlisberger serve his suspension, then welcome him back and hope he learns from his mistakes. Or take the politically correct route and give your franchise quarterback away for peanuts, and sell the move as “caring more about integrity than winning.”

Your decision will define whether you are a winning or losing franchise for the next five years.

Choose wisely.

plenewken
04-22-2010, 01:15 PM
Good. I don't want him traded anyway.

Me neither but let's hope he turns his life around ASAP and his career doesn't end prematurely due to an other concussion.

Shoes
04-22-2010, 01:16 PM
actually, I think another Ben thread qualifies.

Steelers>NFL
04-22-2010, 01:19 PM
:coffee:

Prok
04-22-2010, 01:27 PM
Good article but this Ben madness has to end.

I would be severly upset with Art II if he caves to some fans and trades our franchise QB. He's part of the Steelers family and needs to be helped to improve imo.

Trading him does nothing but make some crappy team better while making us worse. And going by the rumors we can't even get good value for him anyway?

Christ, keep Ben and let's get this worked out, ART....

SteelPride1207
04-22-2010, 01:30 PM
I don't completely agree that Ben's being hung out to dry by some mob-mentality media lynching or a rush to judgment by fans who are idiots and don't know any better.

Not once have I heard Ben or his attorneys deny that what he's being accused of is basically what took place.

No, really. They deny that anything crossed the line into being criminal. There's debate over little details, like how aggressive the bodyguards were, or whether he whipped his dick out in the hallway or just in the bathroom. I'm NOT saying that I think everything the drunk girls said is 100% accurate. But if you're asking the basic question, "Did Ben take advantage of a college girl who was obviously falling-down drunk?" then no, nobody's come out with anything that would make me think otherwise -- in fact, the way he's handled certain aspects look like an acknowledgment that he engaged in some pretty disgusting conduct. Just maybe not criminal conduct.

What, I'm not allowed to come to that conclusion? Makes me less of a fan? Why do you expect me to play dumb? I've read all the same things you have.

Yes, I've also been a single 20-something male who likes to party. Yes, I've had girls hit on me at bars before and seen that they were completely blotto - and actually walked away despite the fact that I'm not a gay guy or a reclusive shut-in. I even continued to enjoy myself and live my life after doing this, without feeling like someone had made a gross imposition on my personal freedom. I've had PLENTY of hookups with women where alcohol was involved, and I've dated plenty of women who turned out to have a screw loose (one of them even literally ended up in a mental institution, but that's another story). Yet for some reason, no one ever called the cops or sued me even once, let alone three or four times.

Yes....no one would call the cops on you (another average joe) so therefore Ben couldn't have been victimized in this case?

While all things are possible...as a society we have to go with the odds...and the odds are set by what we know. And what we ABSOLUTELY KNOW is:

1st) The official police report destroys the credibility of the DTF girl's (and her sororiety sister's) story.

2nd) The FIRST OFFICER at the scene hearing the story of the drunk sororiety girls and the drunk DTF girl and IMMEDIATELY calling it B***S****.

3rd) The behavior of Ben before and after the incident mirrored the behavior of millions of people everywhere in the same scenario (birthday, going out with buddies drinking, flirting and then XXXXing a girl who was did everything possible to suggest she wanted to XXXX including talking sexually, wearing a DTF button, drinking with Ben, and following from club to club).

4th) Ben DENIED he sexually assaulted and then following his attorney's direct orders never to speak about the case to anyone.

So...again....I dare anyone to offer ANYTHING that can seriously be supported by ANYTHING that Ben did something wrong that was not SOCIALLY & LEGALLY acceptable considering the circumstances.

Ben's biggest crime was thinking he could do what the rest of us can do....go out....have a great time with friend...pick up girl...and have sex.

Any argument to the contrary is coming out of the mouth of a hypocrite....unless they've never drank with a girl, picked up the girl, and had sex with that same girl.

stlrtruck
04-22-2010, 01:33 PM
problem here is bens troubles arent at a moments notice.....

this is the SECOND time in two seasons hes been accused of the same thing.
and its not like he is getting accused for no big deal. Its freakin SEXUAL ASSULT,
its a big deal the first time around, but the second is too much.

i stood behind ben the first time around, we all make mistakes ya know, sh** happens.
but AGAIN!?? like he just doesnt care bout the consequences.... and that doesnt earn my respect.

so as much as I DO want him to stay, if he is traded or gone, i wouldnt be surprised, and i would totally understand.

its not ben first anymore, never was. its TEAM FIRST.

But they are only accusations, and Ben has never been charged of any wrong doing, nor (as we know of at this point) has he paid anyone off for these accusations. So if your best friend kept getting accused with no charges would you drop him too?

And it is team first and as was pointed out in another thread, the team is there to win. And without a franchise QB we'll be like we were in the 80's and 90's! Good enough for playoffs, bad enough for arse whoopins!

Prok
04-22-2010, 01:33 PM

"Ever heard of innocent until proven guilty?"
"They didn't press charges, so that's end of story, nothing more to talk about."
"OH, this all just keeps happening because he's such a target!"
"It's just an ACCUSATION. If we discipline everyone who gets ACCUSED of something, why don't I just say Tom Brady raped me at a gay bar and then Goodell will instantly have to suspend him for a year?"
"Are you really going to believe some drunken bimbo who can't get her story straight?"
"Are you really going to believe some drunken bimbo with a DTF nametag?"
"Oh, so now everything the accuser says is gospel just because it got reported on PFT?"
"It's not like Ben's the ONLY player with character issues, why is he treated differently?"

Gee, could it be possible that there's something to the theory that the QB is just not a nice guy, or conducts himself in a piss-poor fashion? Can you blame people if they feel awkward rooting for a guy like that? Public opinion DOES matter, because ultimately, even if you think they're all complete idiots, they're the ones paying Ben's salary, they're the ones paying the Rooneys' salaries, and they're the ones who make the whole team possible. If they're unhappy, is listening to them really the worst thing in the world? If this was a politics thread, would we be talking about how the people are all morons and the politicians shouldn't cave in to the idiotic wave of public opinion? Right. Give me a break. Maybe trading Ben wouldn't be the smartest move, but if it does happen, surely you understand why.

I love your debating style. Got mad rerspect for it, matter of fact. Whether i agree with you or not.

I'm thinking the team and league are keeping Ben from holding a PC and getting his side out though. They want this swept under the rug ASAP imo.

steelreserve
04-22-2010, 01:36 PM
Good article but this Ben madness has to end.

I would be severly upset with Art II if he caves to some fans and trades our franchise QB. He's part of the Steelers family and needs to be helped to improve imo.

Trading him does nothing but make some crappy team better while making us worse. And going by the rumors we can't even get good value for him anyway?

Christ, keep Ben and let's get this worked out, ART....

That's the part that makes me think it's next to impossible that we'll see it happen. We aren't THAT dumb that we'd shoot ourselves in the foot like that.

As a side note, you really never know how these things will work out. Maybe Ben gets traded somewhere else and gets injured the first game and is never the same. Maybe Jimmy Clausen or Tony Pike turns out to be a Super Bowl winning QB for someone in the next few years. Maybe Ben doesn't get traded, but he comes back after the suspension and plays like shit and we all hate him anyway.

Remember when we all thought Reggie Bush was going to be better than Barry Sanders, Babe Ruth and Michael Jordan combined? I'm just saying ... you never know, which is why I'm saying whether we keep him or trade him, it's not the end of the world.

Prok
04-22-2010, 01:43 PM
But they are only accusations, and Ben has never been charged of any wrong doing, nor (as we know of at this point) has he paid anyone off for these accusations. So if your best friend kept getting accused with no charges would you drop him too?

And it is team first and as was pointed out in another thread, the team is there to win. And without a franchise QB we'll be like we were in the 80's and 90's! Good enough for playoffs, bad enough for arse whoopins!

IMO with our current roster we become a 8-8 team at best without Ben. Hell we were 9-7 last year WITH him. Granted the D had some injuries as well.

And it's not at all out of line thinking that our OC's weaknesses would immediately step to the fore-ground without Ben. We'd get a good play here and there sprinkled around all the plays that leave ya shaking your head saying WTF.

And quite frankly i'm personally a bit upset that Art hasn't put the majority of fans at ease with this whole ordeal by now. If they are not wanting Ben to hold a pc getting his side out then Art should step up MORE THAN HE HAS IMO.

Dino 6 Rings
04-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Its all P.R.

That's it. Want to know what the Steelers want in a trade? Ready...

Steelers Front office
"We'll give you Ben for every number 1 pick you have in the draft for as long as he plays in the NFL"

Other teams front office.
"are you nuts!"

Steelers front office
"Well no, but we aren't serious about a trade anyway, we just want the very local hate Ben fans that call the local radio shows to shut the fck up and think we are willing to trade our 2 time winning Franchise QB. But for the record...we would trade him for all your #1 picks for the next 10 years...interested?"

Other Team's front office
"Click"

Espn Insider "Word is the Steelers are Shopping Ben on the open market!!!"

Steelers Front Office "giggle giggle giggle, we look like the good guys now!"

stb_steeler
04-22-2010, 01:48 PM
:ak47: Goodell :monkey::sign06::bash::whatnow::deadhorse::club::h it::m16::rocket::poop::fingers:

Tankus_Maximus
04-22-2010, 01:49 PM
daaaamn

Prok
04-22-2010, 01:51 PM
That's the part that makes me think it's next to impossible that we'll see it happen. We aren't THAT dumb that we'd shoot ourselves in the foot like that.

As a side note, you really never know how these things will work out. Maybe Ben gets traded somewhere else and gets injured the first game and is never the same. Maybe Jimmy Clausen or Tony Pike turns out to be a Super Bowl winning QB for someone in the next few years. Maybe Ben doesn't get traded, but he comes back after the suspension and plays like shit and we all hate him anyway.

Remember when we all thought Reggie Bush was going to be better than Barry Sanders, Babe Ruth and Michael Jordan combined? I'm just saying ... you never know, which is why I'm saying whether we keep him or trade him, it's not the end of the world.

I understand your points. But IMO we know what we have in Ben. Injury can end ANY players career at ANY time. And every player is capable of falling off. But ya can't just assume Ben would fall off as it's just not his nature. This guy iscapable of overcoming adversity like few others imo. And he's proven that.

After seeing us only get a 5th for Santonio i can understand some fans fears too.

tube517
04-22-2010, 01:51 PM
This whole trading frenzy was because of how they traded Santonio for nearly nothing and how quickly they did it. Like I've been saying, it may happen but it would take an astronomical offer for them to pull it off. Plus the draft is tonight so ESPN and NFLN need all the ratings they can get for prime time. My hunch is he'll stay a Steeler. But what do I know. Just because they get calls or they make calls doesn't mean it happens.

Prok
04-22-2010, 01:55 PM
starting from scratch would be stupid, i would not give him away unless we got another elite qb. let ben serve his 6 games, hope he is a changed man, and before you know it everyone will be cheering for him again

Agreed. By the time it'sall said and done it should only be 4 games. I'd be happy with 2-2 at that point.

Then when we start winning more the fans won't be able to get back on Ben's wagon fast enough imo.

tube517
04-22-2010, 01:56 PM
Instead of 6 and 4 I thought 3 and 2 would have been more appropriate. :noidea:

tube517
04-22-2010, 01:57 PM
It's called money and power. And J.Jones made the NFL Shield look really bad.

Let's start drug testing the front office and handing out suspensions to *them* as well! Wasn't Jerry Jones drunken tirade just as worthy of a fine? Oh no, punishment is only for The Help.

pete74
04-22-2010, 01:57 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-report_cardinals_called_about_big_ben_html-2010422

cardinels call about ben

tube517
04-22-2010, 01:58 PM
Yeah, maybe they can investigate Spygate and why he destoyed those tapes.

Ben should secretly hire some private investigators and investigate Goodell's a$$... I just know he's got something going on... people like that usually do.

steelreserve
04-22-2010, 02:00 PM
So...again....I dare anyone to offer ANYTHING that can seriously be supported by ANYTHING that Ben did something wrong that was not SOCIALLY & LEGALLY acceptable considering the circumstances.

Ben's biggest crime was thinking he could do what the rest of us can do....go out....have a great time with friend...pick up girl...and have sex.

Any argument to the contrary is coming out of the mouth of a hypocrite....unless they've never drank with a girl, picked up the girl, and had sex with that same girl.

I'm not debating whether or not he's a criminal; that boat sailed a long time ago. I'm debating whether he's a boorish, self-entitled jerkoff who I couldn't feel very good about cheering for. There are PLENTY of people who are complete douchebags that haven't crossed the line into criminal behavior. Do you mean that because they're not in jail, I ought to be proudly supporting them?

Jail is not the only dividing line here, and quite frankly, I don't think it's right to tell me that the standards the government uses for innocence and guilt in a criminal case are the same rules I have to use to determine who I want to be associated with, whose jersey I'd feel comfortable wearing, or who I think is a decent human being overall. It's not the same, and having different standards doesn't make me a hypocrite, any more than you'd be a hypocrite if you thought I was an asshole because I drank too much, or cheated on my wife, or joined a satanic church -- all of which are completely legal too.

Though getting rid of him would be a bad move, it's still awkward to have him on this football team. Regardless of whether there's any criminal conduct going on, I still feel creeped out by the guy, which I don't think is too unusual. You can keep saying it's all bullshit and people are making it all up - and maybe none of these accusations do meet the legal standards of proof - but how many times will it take to make you wonder whether everything is COMPLETELY made up?

Fool me twice, shame on me.

JSH6487
04-22-2010, 02:04 PM
Well that certainly passes my hypocrisy test. And its consistent with your signature.

So you're OK with Silverback then, I take it. Not that I'm suggesting he's a thug or a bum.

That's a clever technique. I'm going to use that if I ever chose to deflect.

Way to dance around the question again hypocrite. I am perfectly fine with Harrison on the team or anyone else that can contribute at a high level. I put their off the field incidents aside.

But again...you seem to want to bad mouth Ben and want him gone, but still support Harrison. How many times are you going to dance around the question before you explain.

WH
04-22-2010, 02:04 PM
Arizona was in contact with us yesterday for Ben.

Surprise, surprise ...

I don't think Ben would be sad having to pass to Larry Fitzgerald.

Dino 6 Rings
04-22-2010, 02:05 PM
I don't think Ben would be sad having to pass to Larry Fitzgerald.

are you kidding, we would ask for Fitz and this year's first rounder, and next years and the year after that.

atlee731
04-22-2010, 02:11 PM
I sort of fall in the middle here. I do not see myself as part of the lynchmob, armed with pitchforks, trying to run Ben out of town, but I also don't think you can sit there and say he did nothing wrong.

The way I see it is the Rooney family made a major investment in Ben, gave him $100 million+ contract, and made him the face of the franchise. If you are Ben, you do not repay them by acting like a drunk ass frat boy trying to flunk his way out of school. Say what you want about his accusers, they have some blame in this too (the whole furnishing alcohol thing is BS if you ask me), but no matter how you slice it, you can not excuse Ben for putting himself in the position he put himself in. Just absolutely no excuse. You are the face of one of, if not the most, prominant professional sports franchises in the entire world. YOU NEED TO ACT LIKE IT.
You do not go slumming in college bars.

The one thing that I've heard through this whole ordeal that continues to resonate with me, is the DA in Georgia telling Ben to grow up. He is 100% right. You're not in college anymore Ben, it is time you start acting like a MAN, and grow the hell up.

As much as I hate both Derek Jeter, and Tom Brady (both like Ben, multi-millionaire faces of thier respective franchises) you don't see them trolling college bars for college girls. It is beneath them. Ben should take a page from their books, and act like someone who is befitting of the investment the Rooney's made in him. It is now or never for Ben, either grow up now, or party yourself out of the league.

As for the 6 game suspension, it will not be 6 games. Either Ben will get his act together, and it will be a 4 game suspension, or he won't, and he will be suspended indefinately, thus surely ending his career with the Steelers.

Nice... this is one of the few logical posts regarding Ben.

Given that so many of us were boys when we started rooting for the Steelers, I think the morals of your star QB matter quite a bit. He's the one whose jersey everyone wants to wear and who boys dream of being when they play. If you look at how much the Steelers affect your lives, it's not just about how they play on the field. Otherwise, the only time you should care about them is on game days.

And, while Ben is a great QB, he's not the only person who could lead the Steelers to Super Bowl wins, so saying you wouldn't trade him for anything is homerish. Not saying that we should give star players away for a 5th round pick, but if there's a huge value offer, then so be it.

steelerdude15
04-22-2010, 02:12 PM
I don't like the fact that the media is being very biased about what happened. I don't like that at all, I still believe he is innocent and this is injustice, but I won't go as far as calling the Rooney's names. I can understand where they're coming from, they want to protect the image. My thing, is if I was owner, I wouldn't suspend or try to trade Ben because these are just accusations and this is completely unfair for him. There's nothing wrong with him wanting to go to a bar and drink, he's twenty eight, and he is seven years over the age limit. If Ben wants to have sex, that is his personal business, not ours or anyone's for that matter. As long as he's not having nine children with nine different mothers like Travis Henry did and as long as he's practicing safe sex, then I'm fine with that. All I'm saying is calling the Rooney's names is a little abundant.

pancake
04-22-2010, 02:18 PM
are you kidding, we would ask for Fitz and this year's first rounder, and next years and the year after that.

Whatever... we would ask for a 5th round pick... :flap:

Prok
04-22-2010, 02:18 PM
Its all P.R.

Steelers Front office
"We'll give you Ben for every number 1 pick you have in the draft for as long as he plays in the NFL"

"are you nuts!"

Steelers front office
"Well no, but we aren't serious about a trade anyway, we just want the very local hate Ben fans that call the local radio shows to shut the fck up and think we are willing to trade our 2 time winning Franchise QB. But for the record...we would trade him for all your #1 picks for the next 10 years...interested?"

"Click"

I'd be very happy if this post is fact. :drink:

steelerdude15
04-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Me neither but let's hope he turns his life around ASAP and his career doesn't end prematurely due to an other concussion.
Yup, I'm with you on that note. :thumbsup:

Indo
04-22-2010, 02:24 PM
Its all P.R.

Steelers Front office

"are you nuts!"

Steelers front office

"Click"

Another person that sees the Light...:thumbsup:

Except I would add...."giggle giggle giggle, pass me a Beer---Yeah, the Killian's Red will be fine---giggle, we look like the good guys now!"

Vincent
04-22-2010, 02:29 PM
Way to dance around the question again hypocrite. I am perfectly fine with Harrison on the team or anyone else that can contribute at a high level. I put their off the field incidents aside.

But again...you seem to want to bad mouth Ben and want him gone, but still support Harrison. How many times are you going to dance around the question before you explain.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.php?p=807474&postcount=60

Indo
04-22-2010, 02:29 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-report_cardinals_called_about_big_ben_html-2010422

cardinels call about ben

Hmmmm...
Ben and Whiz?

don't see it happening

LambertIsGod58
04-22-2010, 02:32 PM
Adultery is actually still a crime in New York State. NYSPL 255.17 Class B Misdemeanor punishable by up to 90 days in jail or a $500 fine. I couldn't agree more with your take though. For too long IMO, the Rooney's had basically turned over the keys to Ben and it was Ben Roethlisberger "and" the Pittsburgh Steelers. They put so much stock in Ben that I think they even lost sight of the fact that no one player or person is bigger than the franchise. I've been a Steelers fan since the 1970's and I truly believe that the Steelers are without a doubt the classiest, blue collar franchise of any team in the league. I think the Rooney's are doing what's not only right for the team, but what's right for the league. Criminal charges or not. I have seen so many times how people that post on this site make references to teams like the Bengals and Raiders for taking every troubled player that comes down the pike. How we are so much better than that. Well, until now. Ben is no different just because there wasn't enough evidence to charge him. How many innocent people have gone to prison? The system is flawed and will never be perfect. I believe in the Rooney's. Anytime I ever doubted them they've always come back to prove me wrong. Trust me, I know it would suck losing Ben's talent. He is arguably the greatest QB this franchise have ever seen. Though we gave up too early on Unitas, Dawson and Morrall. But in the end, at least for me, I'd have serious concerns supporting a team that did nothing about a player whose off the field issues cause this much drama for not only the team, but for the league.

kirklandrules
04-22-2010, 02:32 PM
I've been a Steelers fan since the early '70s (age 4) as well. Let me just walk you through some of the trying times the fans have faced since and yet still remain loyal to this team (of course this isn't all inclusive, but more just off the top of my head):

Chuck Knoll retires and the dissing of Legend Joe Green for that Cleveland Browns guy named Cowher?
Watching great players like Mike Merriweather, Hardy Nickerson, Chad Brown, etc, etc, etc leave the team because they were deemed too expensive to keep
Three Rivers implosion and Heinz Field erected
Most of the 1980's when a 9-7 record amounted to a good year
Losing to Cleveland 52-0 somewhere in the mid 80's
Going 1-4 in AFC Championship games (including big losses to the Patricheats)
Bettis being benched in favor of Amos Who?
Whiz and Grimm passed over for a guy with little experience named Tomlin???

Of course there's much more, but the point is that sometimes I scratched my head and wondered what the Rooney's were thinking, but continued to believe the Steelers were going to win their next game no matter what. I love watching Big Ben play, but if they dumped him (which they won't) then I'll continue to believe they will carry a winning tradition.

SteelKnight
04-22-2010, 02:44 PM
I get it Rooneys,

I have been upset with them trying to trade Ben. I thought it was more for image...perhaps even in Ireland.

Now I get it. It flashed back to me that Goodell said he was not assuming guilt in the Reno case. This means once that case is resolved...if Ben settles or if he is found guilty in a civil suit (As the case drags along and sullies the NFL name more), Goodell could impose additional punishments.

This is not good. Then there are rumors of other cases.

The Rooneys are smart. I'll assume they know something that I don't know...either talking to Goodell or investigating Ben, if they trade him. I don't think it will simply be because of image.

What do you guys think?

I wish the Goodell finding fully included Reno.

MACH1
04-22-2010, 02:46 PM
I think we didn't need another ben thread

Curtain_of_Steel
04-22-2010, 02:50 PM
I think civil cases mean absolutely nothing. If that is the case the NFL could have 100 suspensions a year.

That chick is a whack job anyway and I doubt she will win.

Pittsburgh43
04-22-2010, 02:56 PM
On ESPN First Take, a Jacksonville news reporter said that if a deal was to be done with Jacksonville: We'd have to swap 1st round picks and swap Ben for David Garrard.

F that!!

SteelCityMom
04-22-2010, 03:03 PM
I get it Rooneys,

I have been upset with them trying to trade Ben. I thought it was more for image...perhaps even in Ireland.

Now I get it. It flashed back to me that Goodell said he was not assuming guilt in the Reno case. This means once that case is resolved...if Ben settles or if he is found guilty in a civil suit (As the case drags along and sullies the NFL name more), Goodell could impose additional punishments.

The Rooneys are smart. I'll assume they know something that I don't know...either talking to Goodell or investigating Ben, if they trade him. I don't think it will simply be because of image.

What do you guys think?

You can't be found guilty in a civil suit...only liable for damages. You also don't have to prove your case beyond a shadow of a doubt. You only need to convince a judge or jury (or both) that your case is 1% stronger than the others.

Vincent
04-22-2010, 03:03 PM
I'm thinking the team and league are keeping Ben from holding a PC and getting his side out though. They want this swept under the rug ASAP imo.

Ben did hold a press conference. He showed up looking like he had been sleeping under a still and read some bull@#$% about being glad this was all behind him and wanting to get back to the team. All very inspiring, but to Steel's point, completely evasive of the central issue. "All behind". Funny stuff, Ben.

Then he went to see the commish and "had a 'productive' conversation". "Productive". That's rich.

Oh. Am I ranting again?

Pittsburgh43
04-22-2010, 03:05 PM
There's no way Fitz would be part of the deal. Cards already lost Boldin to free agency.

BritishSteel
04-22-2010, 03:09 PM
Ha ha ha - he shoud lay off the liquor until later in the day.

There aren't enough teams out there so desperate for a QB that they'll offer the deal we need to see - that might change if clausen goes earlier than expected, but we won't know that until draft time. I always thought if he went anywhere it would be Oakland.

BritishSteel
04-22-2010, 03:16 PM
To answer the original question - since I was at university during the Kordell Stewart years, going back there wouldn't be any good for my back or my liver.

I'm prepared to judge Dixon on his own merits, and not pre-judge his professional career on the basis of just over half a game and a few series in pre-season.

Indo
04-22-2010, 03:28 PM
Ben did hold a press conference. He showed up looking like he had been sleeping under a still and read some bull@#$% about being glad this was all behind him and wanting to get back to the team. All very inspiring, but to Steel's point, completely evasive of the central issue. "All behind". Funny stuff, Ben.

Then he went to see the commish and "had a 'productive' conversation". "Productive". That's rich.

Oh. Am I ranting again?

A little.

It must be your hypocritical signature

HinesTroy
04-22-2010, 03:38 PM
Stuck? Stuck?! STUCK!? With a 2 time SB champion QB? Stuck?! Are you kidding me?

:banging::banging:

Losing Ben is almost as bad as the Steelers leaving Pgh. We will suck.

The Steeler coaches and fans owe the last 2 Sbs in 27 years to Big Ben.

I would not trade Ben for 5 first round draft picks. If we could add Peyton, I would think about it.

It saddens me that so many fans have turned their back on our star QB. He was not charged with anything. If I really thought he did it, I would like to see him in jail. However, Ben is only guilty of being stupid and that is not a crime yet.

Ben, please stay out of the bars and away girls with D.T.F. necklaces. You are a marked man!

NJarhead
04-22-2010, 03:38 PM
I understand what you're saying, but also by his comments he's aligning his opinion with Bright who convicted Ben despite not charging him. ( how many times did her refer to the accuser as the "victim"? ) It's sort of a mixed mesage if you ask me. :noidea: I'd like something clear and consise from the team at some point stating they believe him innocent of criminal conduct. I realize it might seem like a minor thing, but I really think it would go a long way with many.

I disagree again. That prosecutor was convinced that Ben acted shadily (or worse), but that was not enough to charge or win a conviction. As it stands, he is innocent of criminal conduct. But as Goodell stated, he was outside the bounds of any behavior acceptable under the conduct policy.

The only folks actually arguing this are Steelers fans. Even Ben and the team knew they could expect a suspension and now that it's here, no one is arguing it.

SteelKnight
04-22-2010, 03:41 PM
I think we didn't need another ben thread

Don't you think this one is a different twist though and insight not mentioned?

Galax Steeler
04-22-2010, 03:42 PM
actually, I think another Ben thread qualifies.

:toofunny: agreed

SteelKnight
04-22-2010, 03:43 PM
I think civil cases mean absolutely nothing. If that is the case the NFL could have 100 suspensions a year.

That chick is a whack job anyway and I doubt she will win.

I think Ben has to find a way to not admit anything. If this was a secret settlement, that might be easy but the way the media is, they will say "Ben has paid the woman who has accused him of rape and has chosen to settle."

IDK.

Goodell could say again "conduct".

stlrtruck
04-22-2010, 03:45 PM
It saddens me that so many fans have turned their back on our star QB. He was not charged with anything. If I really thought he did it, I would like to see him in jail. However, Ben is only guilty of being stupid and that is not a crime yet.

Ben, please stay out of the bars and away girls with D.T.F. necklaces. You are a marked man!

:iagree: It seems that the thin skinn and fickle have joined alliances to rid Pittsburgh of their only true franchise QB since Bradshaw, all on the account of the accusations of some drunk college girl who was DTF!

I'd hate to see what they would do if one of their own got in trouble like this. :noidea: :doh:

SteelKnight
04-22-2010, 03:51 PM
You can't be found guilty in a civil suit...only liable for damages. You also don't have to prove your case beyond a shadow of a doubt. You only need to convince a judge or jury (or both) that your case is 1% stronger than the others.
I knew someone would say that. lol My point is "lose". If you are saying you are innocent and should not be "liable" and the other person is saying you are guilty and should be "liable". If it is found that you are liable then you are guilty of at least poor conduct. Sure...not guilty of a crime but as Goodell would say, no crime is necessary. Maybe you would have been comfortable with "responsible for raping her". lol The key is if he is found to be "at fault". That is the key...not the semantics.

NEWstevo
04-22-2010, 04:00 PM
If Roger Goodell and all the holier-than-thou fans with opinions think Ben should be punished for actions off the field………..then I want to know who else needs disciplined?

Jeff Reed for his troubles?
Raiders Coach Cable for hitting his wife. Hitting his girlfriend. Hitting a member of the team.
Indianapolis Colts defensive tackle Eric Foster, who is being sued by a hotel employee who claims he groped her in his hotel room.
Denver Broncos tight end Richard Quinn, who was arrested for allegedly grabbing his girlfriend, shaking her to the ground and taking her phone away when she tried to dial 911.
Joey Porter for slapping a cop.
How about Reggie Bush for when he and his family received illegal cash and benefits in college.

…we got to keep it fair, right?

And how about these…

Vick killed dogs and got a couple games out. Goodell even said what he did was “not only illegal, but also cruel and reprehensible."

Belichick actually cheated at football and not only didn't get suspended, but got voted Coach of the Year by the NFL.

WTF?

msafford
04-22-2010, 04:03 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5126094

Despite the Pittsburgh Steelers fielding phone calls from other teams about the availability of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger over the past couple of days, it is extremely unlikely a trade will occur, sources told ESPN.com on Thursday.

Multiple sources indicated the Steelers have not shopped Roethlisberger and have done nothing more than field phone calls. Many of the phone calls have come during the normal course of conversations of teams just checking in with the Steelers to see if they were willing to make other deals.

The conversations with other teams would be termed only preliminary, but with the draft set to start Thursday night, there would not be time to put a deal together and it's doubtful whether the Steelers would be willing to trade him at this state.

An NFL source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter that the Steelers have begun contacting teams about trading a top-10 pick for Roethlisberger. The Steelers have called the Rams, 49ers, Raiders, Bills, Jaguars, Seahawks and Browns, according to the source.

Roethlisberger was suspended for six games by commissioner Roger Goodell, but he has a chance to return after four games if he fulfills a checklist of obligations presented to him by the commissioner.

This sounds more like what I figured.

Curtain_of_Steel
04-22-2010, 04:04 PM
Dont forget Rogers who carried his OWN gun, loaded with his OWN bullets, packed in his OWN bag and tried to get through airport security.

Than please not guilty, lol.

Nothing like telling the youth of america its ok to pack a loaded gun if you get caught, plead stupid and not guilty.

BritishSteel
04-22-2010, 04:15 PM
This close to the Draft, if an NFL 'source' told me I had two arms and two legs, I'd count them myself to be sure.

Smoke and mirrors time. We'll know the score in 7 hours.

Preacher
04-22-2010, 04:19 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_hs-VsqaEI1g/Ssabjgz4B0I/AAAAAAAABT4/gU1BxTv54xQ/s400/susan-powter_l.jpg

NJarhead
04-22-2010, 04:23 PM
The fans that actually believe it'll happen.

Preacher
04-22-2010, 04:24 PM
Despite the Pittsburgh Steelers (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=pit) fielding phone calls from other teams about the availability of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/players/profile?playerId=5536) over the past couple of days, it is extremely unlikely a trade will occur, sources told ESPN.com on Thursday.
Multiple sources indicated the Steelers have not shopped Roethlisberger and have done nothing more than field phone calls. Many of the phone calls came during the course of normal conversations of teams just checking in with the Steelers to see whether they were willing to make other deals.

Mike and Mike in the Morning

Ben Roethlisberger's attorney David Cornwell explains Roethlisberger's reaction to the suspension, what Roethlisberger was expecting to get, what he acknowledges doing wrong and how hard he will work to rebuild his image.

The conversations with other teams would be termed only preliminary, but with the draft starting Thursday night, there would not be time to put a deal together, and it's doubtful whether the Steelers would be willing to trade him at this stage.
An NFL source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Wednesday that the Steelers have begun contacting teams about trading a top-10 pick for Roethlisberger. The Steelers have called the Rams, 49ers, Raiders, Bills, Jaguars, Seahawks and Browns, according to the source, but another source told Schefter on Thursday that Pittsburgh did not initiate contact with any teams.
Roethlisberger was suspended for six games by commissioner Roger Goodell, but he has a chance to return after four games if he fulfills a checklist of obligations presented to him by the commissioner.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5126094&campaign=rss&source=NFLHeadlines

tony hipchest
04-22-2010, 04:28 PM
semantics. fielding phone calls IS being shopped. he woulda gone to the highest bidder if an offer was worthy.

that is being shopped. there were no qualified buyers. :noidea:

ben ben ben ben ben ben ben.

brette favre.

pete74
04-22-2010, 04:29 PM
^^^ exactly. someone offers us a 1st and 2nd rounder and ben is gone. it dosnt seem like anyone wants to give up a 1st rounder for him so hopefully he will be back with us this season.

HinesTroy
04-22-2010, 04:30 PM
Right there with you brother. It pisses me off so much and I have lost all respect for the Rooney's. So much that it will be very hard to continue to support this team if Ben is dealt.

I agree with you 100%. I have been a fan for over 30 year. However, if the idiots let him go over an accusation, I will stop watching the NFL.

:iagree:

fansince'76
04-22-2010, 04:30 PM
Bu, bu, bu, Schefter, bu, bu, bu, "First Take".... :rolleyes:

BritishSteel
04-22-2010, 04:35 PM
^^^ exactly. someone offers us a 1st and 2nd rounder and ben is gone. it dosnt seem like anyone wants to give up a 1st rounder for him so hopefully he will be back with us this season.

Agreed. It's always been about value and we never looked like getting an offer of high enough value. That said this close to draft time, it's all about misdirection.

NJarhead
04-22-2010, 04:36 PM

:rofl:

QFT.

BlastFurnace
04-22-2010, 04:37 PM

Howard Cosell: ....."and Shefter takes a right to the jaw"

NJarhead
04-22-2010, 04:38 PM
Howard Cosell: ....."and Shefter takes a right to the jaw"

lol - "Down goes Scheffter. Down goes Scheffter."

:chuckle:

Prok
04-22-2010, 04:39 PM
PHEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWwwwwww ???

Galax Steeler
04-22-2010, 04:40 PM
I think Oakland is crazy for not taken Ben for a no.8 pick. They have no one who is actually a starting quarterback. He would be a value pick for them if they take it. Russell was the biggest flop to ever hit the nfl.

BritishSteel
04-22-2010, 04:43 PM
I think Oakland is crazy for not taken Ben for a no.8 pick. They have no one who is actually a starting quarterback. He would be a value pick for them if they take it. Russell was the biggest flop to ever hit the nfl.

I suspect we'd want more than a single first rounder.

LVSteelersfan
04-22-2010, 04:44 PM
This argument could go on and on forever. Bottom line is Ben has been an A $ $ one time too many and they are giving him the ultimatum of straighten your act out or you will be out of here for a year on the next infraction. Whether you honestly think he raped or didn't rape anyone is immaterial. I think he should not have been in a college bar with women that could possibly be underage drinkers. Regardless of whether she is a DTF sorority girl, Ben should not have succumbed to hanging out with her. He needs to quit acting like a frat boy and grow the H E | | up.

Pittsburgh43
04-22-2010, 04:44 PM
Well, we will find out soon enough. Less than 3 hours until the draft. tick-tick

SteelGhost
04-22-2010, 04:45 PM
That's part of the BB saga, I think the PS brass never really wanted to shop Ben IMHO, but I could be wrong :noidea:

IF they were willing to trade him AND no team offer was worth, I'll be ok having BB finishing his contract in Black & Gold adding some Lombardis to the collection :tt02:

pete74
04-22-2010, 04:48 PM

agreed. if they took ben they would be a playoff caliber team

Vincent
04-22-2010, 04:49 PM
lol - "Down goes Scheffter. Down goes Scheffter."

"Look at that little monkey run!!"

Indo
04-22-2010, 04:53 PM
"Look at that little monkey run!!"

Dammit Man!

I was JUST about to post this when I saw it was too late! :toofunny:

Prok
04-22-2010, 04:55 PM
This argument could go on and on forever. Bottom line is Ben has been an A $ $ one time too many and they are giving him the ultimatum of straighten your act out or you will be out of here for a year on the next infraction. Whether you honestly think he raped or didn't rape anyone is immaterial. I think he should not have been in a college bar with women that could possibly be underage drinkers. Regardless of whether she is a DTF sorority girl, Ben should not have succumbed to hanging out with her. He needs to quit acting like a frat boy and grow the H E | | up.

I agree with that post 100%. But I also remember when I was a 28 year old man. Not everybody is perfect.

But Ben should now fully understand that in his position he can NO LONGER live that lifestyle.

I believe he will live and learn from this.

:tt:

Indo
04-22-2010, 04:57 PM
IT'S A HOCKEY NIGHT IN PITTSBURGH!

Let's go 'Guins!

Wrong forum, I know. But I'm just sick of the Ben stuff.
He won't be traded, K?

Pittsburgh43
04-22-2010, 05:00 PM
Lets Go Pens!

fansince'76
04-22-2010, 05:00 PM

ricksteelers55
04-22-2010, 05:01 PM
Now that it seems he will stay in Pittsburgh let's focus on the draft

fansince'76
04-22-2010, 05:06 PM
semantics. fielding phone calls IS being shopped. he woulda gone to the highest bidder if an offer was worthy.

that is being shopped. there were no qualified buyers. :noidea:

IOW, if a friend calls me up out of the blue and asks me if I want to sell my car, then I'm trying to sell my car? Semantics indeed.

Preacher
04-22-2010, 05:09 PM
Actually no.

Being shopped is asking other teams what it would take to unload Ben. It is an active pursuit. From the article, it is hte other teams that have actually inquired about Ben.

Semantics Tony, is very important, because it IS the way definitions are understood.

steelerdave1969
04-22-2010, 05:10 PM
:drink:I for one hope the Steelers are smart enough to keep Ben and give the guy a chance to get his life straightened out. I know I have said this over and over, but he deserves the chance. But if he messes up again he should owe the Steelers the remainder of his contract that he signed last year, and his signing bonus. Just my opinion though. Its time to get over this ranting and lets get out here and go for number 7 in 2010.

ricardisimo
04-22-2010, 05:12 PM
IOW, if a friend calls me up out of the blue and asks me if I want to sell my car, then I'm trying to sell my car? Semantics indeed.

But if it's your friend with whom you always go to the Car Show, and who knows you're going to the Show the next day with your wares like you do every year, and he wants to talk to you about working out a deal for your pimped-out 1963 Chevy Impala ahead of time, before other people there get a chance to talk to you... ?

CanadianSteel
04-22-2010, 05:16 PM
Did Rey Maluga get a suspension for his arrest on DUI ?

revefsreleets
04-22-2010, 05:19 PM
Sheffter has been wrong a thousand times. He doomed himself in my eyes in '05 when he picked the Steelers to go 7-9 and end up in the AFCN basement. It would have been one thing if he left himself some wiggle room, but he BLASTED the Steelers as being awful, and never backed down or backed off....

As for the article, it's a couple hours before the draft. George Washington's word would be questionable were he running a draft war room right now...

pete74
04-22-2010, 05:24 PM
this is all useless because ben is not getting traded. nobody will pay what he is worth and the steelers will not let him go for anything below market value. there is no way there going to do what they did with holmes. unless the raiders offer us this years 1st and next years 1st ben will be a steeler this season

HinesTroy
04-22-2010, 05:27 PM
According to ESPN, Ben is going to remain a Steeler.

They just flashed a message stating that Ben wants to stay, and the Steelers want to keep him.

I hope this is true.

:tt04:

pete74
04-22-2010, 05:30 PM
it better be true. i have been sweating all day

tube517
04-22-2010, 05:30 PM
This whole trading frenzy was because of how they traded Santonio for nearly nothing and how quickly they did it. Like I've been saying, it may happen but it would take an astronomical offer for them to pull it off. Plus the draft is tonight so ESPN and NFLN need all the ratings they can get for prime time. My hunch is he'll stay a Steeler. But what do I know. Just because they get calls or they make calls doesn't mean it happens.

(For every "BEN" thread, I am responding with this reply)

Sharkissle29
04-22-2010, 05:32 PM
it better be true. i have been sweating all day

you're tellin me!

Sharkissle29
04-22-2010, 05:32 PM
Goodell needs to be punished for sucking

SteelGhost
04-22-2010, 05:33 PM
Goodell needs to be punished for sucking

......and for helping the Pats* :chuckle:

SMR
04-22-2010, 05:34 PM
*FINGERS CROSSED*

:tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04::tt04:

My fingers are hurting bad! :chuckle:

tube517
04-22-2010, 05:34 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=5126094

Deal highly "unlikely"

Despite the Pittsburgh Steelers fielding phone calls from other teams about the availability of quarterback Ben Roethlisberger over the past couple of days, it is extremely unlikely a trade will occur, sources told ESPN.com on Thursday.

Multiple sources indicated the Steelers have not shopped Roethlisberger and have done nothing more than field phone calls. Many of the phone calls came during the course of normal conversations of teams just checking in with the Steelers to see whether they were willing to make other deals.

Mike and Mike in the Morning

Ben Roethlisberger's attorney David Cornwell explains Roethlisberger's reaction to the suspension, what Roethlisberger was expecting to get, what he acknowledges doing wrong and how hard he will work to rebuild his image.

The conversations with other teams would be termed only preliminary, but with the draft starting Thursday night, there would not be time to put a deal together, and it's doubtful whether the Steelers would be willing to trade him at this stage.

An NFL source told ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter on Wednesday that the Steelers have begun contacting teams about trading a top-10 pick for Roethlisberger. The Steelers have called the Rams, 49ers, Raiders, Bills, Jaguars, Seahawks and Browns, according to the source, but another source told Schefter on Thursday that Pittsburgh did not initiate contact with any teams.

SteelGhost
04-22-2010, 05:35 PM
I have no nails left :chuckle:

tony hipchest
04-22-2010, 05:36 PM
plus the rooneys have ALWAYS done business behind closed doors. if they were calling teams, why the hell would they tell you guys?

lol. did they call you or issue a press release saying they were "shopping" santonio holmes?

BlackAndGold4Ever
04-22-2010, 05:37 PM
If he does stay, he needs to clean up his act. Your one of the highest paid players in the league Ben and there is a target on your back. Grow the F up

fansince'76
04-22-2010, 05:38 PM
plus the rooneys have ALWAYS done business behind closed doors. if they were calling teams, why the hell would they tell you guys?

lol. did they call you or issue a press release saying they were "shopping" santonio holmes?

Exactly. So why would they tell the media either? :noidea:

Like Jimmy Johnson, jackass that he is, proclaimed, you don't trade a Ben Roethlisberger. You simply don't. And if he becomes enough of a pariah that you must part with him, then nobody else is gonna want him either.

mwittman5
he should say I am guilty of rape, raping the saints and patriots :tt02:

tube517
Art II got a call from Natalie Gulbis and she said she'll take care of BB and keep him out of trouble

Prok
04-22-2010, 05:39 PM
:tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt:

JCPsteelers
Cromatie who can't pay his child support payments for seven kids with six different women.

Holmes should get another game after his drug suspension for what happened down in the Florida.

polamalubeast
:hug::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::tt03::hug::helmet::h atsoff::tt03::tt03::hug::drink:

Prok
04-22-2010, 05:40 PM
:tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt: :tt:

Sometimes it is hell being a Steelers fan.

I can't help but wonder how much of the fanbase is gonna turn on the next player who has off-field stuff happen.

http://www.fanfeedr.com/nfl/2010/04/22/breaking-news-steelers-not-trading-ben-roethlisberger

Hopefully this puts end to the BS. I want you to retire a Steeler Ben.

:tt: :tt: :tt:

JCPsteelers
04-22-2010, 05:42 PM
Let's go PENS!!

What a frickin joke the draft is on prime time.. Frickin Goodell ruining traditions that I enjoy, sitting on a Sat on my couch watching the draft wire to wire... Will not miss Pens with the way Crosby is playing so I'll have my computer following the draft..

StainlessStill
04-22-2010, 05:43 PM
I've been disgustingly reading "Trade Ben" threads for days. I say f_ck that!

Get out your Terrible Towels, ladies and gentleman, the Steelers will be making a run at a world championship for some time to come!

ARE YOU READY FOR SOME FOOTBALL?!?!?!?!:tt03::tt03::tt03:

BlastFurnace
04-22-2010, 05:45 PM
That just made my "sports" night.

No reason at all to trade Ben.

Prok
04-22-2010, 05:47 PM
That just made my "sports" night.

No reason at all to trade Ben.

Agreed. And maybe just maybe our day will get better by us selecting a GREAT player. We are due for a run of good news after all the crap we've been through huh?

:tt:

tony hipchest
04-22-2010, 05:48 PM

if youre listening to the offers, then yes, indeed you are. you guys are so defensive of the rooneys for conducting SOP that every other team conducts every day.

this is nothing new. its what it takes to run a club. but i also realize that placing the steelers on a higher moral pedestal than all other teams gives fans a greater sense of self worth, and makes them "better fans" than those of the patriots or cowboys.

and for the most part the rooneys operate morally and more ethically than all the other teams.

but to pretend that they are above making phone calls fishing for a blockbuster deal (with no intentions of pulling the trigger for something less) to send a message to ben and the rest of the team is completely absurd.

the ravens and lakers circled the wagons around kobe and ray the knife. i am still waiting for my team to do that with with the "brother" who strayed from the path.

Prok
04-22-2010, 05:52 PM
if youre listening to the offers, then yes, indeed you are. you guys are so defensive of the rooneys for conducting SOP that every other team conducts every day.

this is nothing new. its what it takes to run a club. but i also realize that placing the steelers on a higher moral pedestal than all other teams gives fans a greater sense of self worth, and makes them "better fans" than those of the patriots or cowboys.

and for the most part the rooneys operate morally and more ethically than all the other teams.

but to pretend that they are above making phone calls fishing for a blockbuster deal (with no intentions of pulling the trigger for something less) to send a message to ben and the rest of the team is completely absurd.

the ravens and lakers circled the wagons around kobe and ray the knife. i am still waiting for my team to do that with with the "brother" who strayed from the path.

Well put, Tony. I doubt we'll see that any time soon though. The moral police would flood Art with hate mail. lol

WH
04-22-2010, 05:53 PM
The media is bias against Ben because it's safer to throw the accused under the bus.

If you throw the accused under the bus and they come out as completelty innocent, you can say ''my bad''

But if you back the accused and they turn out to be guilty as sin, well....your news station, employees, and most importantly advertisers...just backed a criminal.

It's easy to say to one person that has no financial bearing on your company ''my bad'' than it is to explain to thousands, maybe millions, of viewers why you backed a criminal. Especially since your competition won't have any problem using it against you.

tony hipchest
04-22-2010, 05:55 PM
i wished they woulda won the 1st game, to not conflict tonight w/ the draft. listening to the game, sirius, and flipping between espn and nfl network for coverage is gonna be information and stimulus overload.

good thing i have a zanax in my pill jar (for recreational purposes only). :wink:

SteelGhost
04-22-2010, 05:58 PM
After the draft all will be fine and we can focus on the first 4 games of the 2010 season without our starting QB, I think Mendenhall, Moore and Miller will have a lot of touches to help Dixon/Leftwich.

Go Steelers :tt02:

RoethlisBURGHer
04-22-2010, 05:58 PM
:rofl:

That's sooooooooo wrong, but so funny.

fansince'76
04-22-2010, 05:59 PM

Now I realize that this didn't come off Twitter citing a nebulous and unnamed "NFL source," but rather from the horse's mouth, so I know it won't "count" as much, but please take it for what it's worth anyway:

"I have made it clear to Ben that his conduct in this incident did not live up to our standards. We have made it very clear to Ben that there will be consequences for his actions, and Ben has indicated to us that he is willing to accept those consequences.

"As you maybe aware, Ben has rejoined the team in participating in our offseason conditioning program. We allowed Ben to do this after we were convinced that he was sincerely contrite for his past behavior, as well having Ben's assurance that he is firmly committed to working hard everyday to regain the trust and respect of this organization and Steelers fans.

"After imposing an appropriate level of discipline and outlining the steps we feel will be necessary to be successful as a player and a person, we intend to allow Ben the opportunity to prove to us he is the teammate and citizen we all believe he is capable of being. And we hope the entire Steelers community will allow Ben the opportunity to prove to them that he deserves their trust and their respect.

http://kdka.com/local/Art.Rooney.statement.2.1635549.html

Seems like they're trying to bring him back into the fold to me, while still holding him responsible for his behavior. :noidea:

SteelerFanInStl
04-22-2010, 06:00 PM
Actually no.

Being shopped is asking other teams what it would take to unload Ben. It is an active pursuit. From the article, it is hte other teams that have actually inquired about Ben.

Semantics Tony, is very important, because it IS the way definitions are understood.

:iagree: Pretty clear difference between the two.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-22-2010, 06:01 PM
Tom Brady should be suspended for 247 games because his chin looks like an ass.

Men of Steel
04-22-2010, 06:03 PM
as wrong as that sounds... i hope he DOES, come game time.

SteelGhost
04-22-2010, 06:03 PM
Tom Brady should be suspended for 247 games because his chin looks like an ass.

:rofl::rofl:

MDSteel15
04-22-2010, 06:04 PM
stupid

Riddle_Of_Steel
04-22-2010, 06:05 PM
I am hearing a LOT of denial from Steelers fans in this thread....and it is very disappointing.

So now, Big Ben is innocent and an upstanding guy, because the girl who accused him of sexual assault wore a DTF shirt? REALLY?

So.....along the lines of that thinking-- if I go out in public wearing a shirt that says "Fxxk ALL Illegal Immigrants", does that mean that somebody can shoot me or stab me and not be held responsible? How does the young lady wearing a DTF shirt exonerate Big Ben from sexual assault?

How does the accuser NOT being a classy, upstanding member of Ivy-League high society exonerate Big Ben from sexually assaulting her?

It is all just a big money-grab by some gold-digging girls? REALLY? How about the girl from Boston that claims Big Ben did not take NO for an answer from her too, reached up her skirt, and had sex with her? She is not pressing charges and is not willing to answer questions about it or work with investigators, because supposedly, Big Ben used to be a personal friend of hers until the encounter. So she is not looking for money or anything at all...

Seriously, if a Bengals fan had said some of the excuses a lot of you folks on here are saying to defend somebody like Odell Thurman or Chris Henry, I know what y'all would be saying....

Make no mistake-- Big Ben didn't just "go out, get drunk, and hook up with some chick", like any of us would do. He was feeding drinks to underage women (that alone would be worth about 5-10 years if the prosecutors wanted to force the issue on that one), has NOT denied that he came out in the hallway with his.....member hanging out, or that he was rude and abusive to these girls.

Some of y'all are exclusively using jail time as a yard stick of whether or not he behaved irresponsibly or did anything wrong. And that thinking is FLAWED-- he may not have done anything criminal, THAT COULD BE PROVEN BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT IN COURT, but that does not mean he did nothing wrong.

Now, the Rooney's are cowards, for punishing a guy who has multiple rape allegations against him, has caused some sort of offseason fiasco every year, and behaves like a troglodyte whenever he is around women? REALLY?

And some of us laughed at Patriots fans and the circular logic they used to justify Spygate and its after-effects? Some of THOSE rationalizations seem rather tame compared to the stuff being said on threads like this one....

Flame away....I realize I am a "bandwagon fan" now for not being blind to the crimes and iniquities of our own players....

huntingteacher
04-22-2010, 06:05 PM
Here is mine. Please share yours...

QB is a job

Drinking Beer Running for HOES

Thirty Seven Soon

vasteeler
04-22-2010, 06:06 PM
i was fairly certain it wouldnt happen but ive been in a foul mood all day with the thoughts of what if.to all those that were in favor trading ben :doh:

Pittsburgh43
04-22-2010, 06:07 PM
This should definitely be a great Steelers night. Ben's staying and we get to add a great piece to our team through the draft. Time to focus on the Stairway to Seven.

Edman
I see this as lukewarm news.

Ben is staying, but it won't mean jack if he's on the bench anyway. We'll have to eat that suspension. We won't see him on the field until mid October. Hopefully we won't suck hard for those six games he's out.

SteelGhost
Nooo, if he rapes the Pats* Herr Saint Goddell could ban him for life and he can be in jail 25 years :sofunny:

SteelerFanInStl
04-22-2010, 06:08 PM
Steelers don't plan more Roethlisberger trade talks, see QB staying
Jason La Canfora By Jason La Canfora | NFL.com

The Pittsburgh Steelers don't anticipate trading quarterback Ben Roethlisberger, a source with knowledge of the situation said Thursday, and expect him to be with the team next season.

The Steelers aren't talking to any teams about Roethlisberger right now and don't plan to do so, according to the source. They essentially consider it a dead option.

HQ video delivered by Akamai

The Steelers had been open to dealing Roethlisberger and did reach out to the St. Louis Rams over the weekend about the possibility of acquiring the No. 1 overall draft pick and taking Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford. However, those talks were brief because the Rams weren't interested in Roethlisberger, who received a six-game suspension Wednesday for violating the NFL's personal-conduct policy.

Contrary to published reports, the Steelers never shopped Roethlisberger to teams all over the first round, according to a source with direct knowledge of the situation.

"That's ridiculous," the source said. "It was never even considered. It was never an option."

In fact, the Steelers only spoke to two teams -- the Rams and Oakland Raiders -- about a deal for Roethlisberger.

Raiders officials called the Steelers to assess what it would take to land Roethlisberger, a two-time Super Bowl champion. The Steelers listened to the Raiders, according to the source, but the talks weren't substantial, haven't resumed and aren't expected to be opened again.

The Arizona Cardinals -- whose coach, Ken Whisenhunt, once was Roethlisberger's offensive coordinator in Pittsburgh -- aren't interested in the quarterback and haven't had contact with the Steelers. Also, reports that the Steelers contacted the AFC North rival Cleveland Browns about Roethlisberger were considered preposterous within the Pittsburgh organization.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d817b322f&template=with-video-with-comments&confirm=true

It's time to put these rumors to rest.

vasteeler
04-22-2010, 06:08 PM
go pens......till you play my flyers:hatsoff:

Riddle_Of_Steel
04-22-2010, 06:09 PM
The media is bias against Ben because it's safer to throw the accused under the bus.

What media bias are we talking about here? All the media has done is report the facts, as they have been presented by the GBI, Big Ben himself, and the police reports.

If we don't like what was in the reports, maybe, just maybe, that's Big Ben's fault, and not the media's or the Rooney's.....

tube517
04-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Don't forget that smiling old WR #86. The Lombardi will be lifted and he'll walk off in the sunset with 3 SuperBowl rings

After the draft all will be fine and we can focus on the first 4 games of the 2010 season without our starting QB, I think Mendenhall, Moore and Miller will have a lot of touches to help Dixon/Leftwich.

Go Steelers :tt02:

Pittsburgh43
04-22-2010, 06:12 PM
I'm pretty confident that it'll only be 4 games and Ben will get the bye week to settle in. As long as everyone steps up and holds down the fort, we'll be okay.

SteelerFanInStl
04-22-2010, 06:14 PM
Awww, too bad. It looks like Ben's staying. Let the crying commence! :toofunny:

tony hipchest
04-22-2010, 06:15 PM
Now I realize that this didn't come off Twitter citing a nebulous and unnamed "NFL source," but rather from the horse's mouth, so I know it won't "count" as much, but please take it for what it's worth anyway:

http://kdka.com/local/Art.Rooney.statement.2.1635549.html

Seems like they're trying to bring him back into the fold to me, while still holding him responsible for his behavior. :noidea:

:bowdown: *parting of clouds and blaring of trumpets before rooney speaks*

im glad ben is contrite of his behaviour of having sex and drinking a few brews while staying at a casino or going out with some buddies on his birthday.

a good catholic also never has sex before marriage and doesnt use birth control. will the rooneys start addressing this behavior too?

anyways, i appreciate the standard lip service from the boss. i never thought ben would be traded, and it was a stupid idea (just as stupid as dumping holmes for a 5th) unless a hershel walker type deal was offered.

im just amused by the pettiness of posters so concerned with who called who. who cares. it is all the same.

i know my team, and the line in the sand has been drawn. ben and arians will both be hanging out with larry z. and s. holmes if they dont get their shit together immediately.

(and im sure this has become a great growth and learning experience for coach T, because his employees may be hitting him in the pocket book).

XxKnightxX
04-22-2010, 06:17 PM
Didn't say anything about all over the country...I said Scum Bag USA Jersey. Why the hell would I step foot in that shithole to know about Jersey Steeler bars?

And I know you're jealous about me having season tickets...but listen man, people who actually, ya know, live in Pittsburgh...sometimes have tickets to the Steelers. It's not as odd as someone from Jersey who isn't a douche bag idiot.

One, You watch too much jersey shore, and two Id like you to go into hoboken on a sunday afternoon and make a comment like that and see how you can escape the city without being stomped to death. Why dont you come over for the preseason game at the meadowlands this august and see how strong the steeler nation is around here. Totally disrespectful comment. We Jerseyans know how scummy our place can be, and we bash it, but just like pittsburgh people bash and make fun of their city, you dont like Cleveland or Other people making fun of it. Appreciate it .

SteelGhost
04-22-2010, 06:21 PM
Don't forget that smiling old WR #86. The Lombardi will be lifted and he'll walk off in the sunset with 3 SuperBowl rings

You're right ! And some nice deep TD passes to # 17 wouldn't be bad at all :tt04:

SteelPride1207
04-22-2010, 06:22 PM
How does the accuser NOT being a classy, upstanding member of Ivy-League high society exonerate Big Ben from sexually assaulting her?

Now, the Rooney's are cowards, for punishing a guy who has multiple rape allegations against him, has caused some sort of offseason fiasco every year, and behaves like a troglodyte whenever he is around women? REALLY?

How about the overall sexual, drunken behavior of the girl, the LACK OF ANY EVIDENCE, the judgement call of the officers at the scene, the inconsistent testimonies of the girl & her sloshed up sororiety posse, etc....?

Yes...the Rooney's are cowards for not standing behind their QB when there is no evidence of wrong doing and SUPPORTING a ridiculous 6 game suspension.

Maybe I should send a hot girl to Rooney's favorite restuarant...meet him in the hallway going to the bathroom...then find an officer and say Rooney grabbed her chest. She can even have some self-inflicted chest bruises.

That should be enough to banish Rooney from the league and force him to sell the team........right......?

If that is not enough...we play out that scenario several times in several restuarants... then admonish Rooney from ever eating at a restuarant and ever using a public bathroom.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-22-2010, 06:23 PM
I knew someone would say that. lol My point is "lose". If you are saying you are innocent and should not be "liable" and the other person is saying you are guilty and should be "liable". If it is found that you are liable then you are guilty of at least poor conduct. Sure...not guilty of a crime but as Goodell would say, no crime is necessary. Maybe you would have been comfortable with "responsible for raping her". lol The key is if he is found to be "at fault". That is the key...not the semantics.

I honestly don't think that Ben will be suspended for the Reno incident. Suspending a player when he's been investigated by the police is one thing.

Suspending a player for a civil suit is a whole other can of worms. So if a player's wife files for divorce because he cheated, then should he be suspended? He's going to lose that civil suit because infidelity is a legal reason to divorce your spouse. It also hurts the image of the NFL, people might assume that the NFL is full if cheaters (which it is).

WH
04-22-2010, 06:24 PM
What media bias are we talking about here? All the media has done is report the facts, as they have been presented by the GBI, Big Ben himself, and the police reports.

If we don't like what was in the reports, maybe, just maybe, that's Big Ben's fault, and not the media's or the Rooney's.....

Don't come down on me brother. I was just giving my opinion on why the media commonly doesn't support the story of the accused.

Pittsburgh43
04-22-2010, 06:25 PM
"That's ridiculous," the source said. "It was never even considered. It was never an option."

-love this line.

and this one lol

Also, reports that the Steelers contacted the AFC North rival Cleveland Browns about Roethlisberger were considered preposterous within the Pittsburgh organization.

fansince'76
04-22-2010, 06:26 PM
i never thought ben would be traded, and it was a stupid idea (just as stupid as dumping holmes for a 5th) unless a hershel walker type deal was offered.

I know you do, and really, it was intended more for the people who go off on a tangent about how the Rooneys are idiots for trading Ben based solely upon unsubstantiated twitter rumors.

SteelPride1207
04-22-2010, 06:27 PM
Make no mistake-- Big Ben didn't just "go out, get drunk, and hook up with some chick", like any of us would do. He was feeding drinks to underage women (that alone would be worth about 5-10 years if the prosecutors wanted to force the issue on that one), has NOT denied that he came out in the hallway with his.....member hanging out, or that he was rude and abusive to these girls.

Yeah...you were there...the police reports were an entire fabrication. :doh:

Secondly..."feeding drinks to underage women"...LOL...do you really believe this girl got drunk ONLY after sharing beers with a guy named Ben...? Do you really think that a guy and girl "getting drunk" together doesn't happen million times a day...?

Why were you not quitting your job and protesting outside of every college bar in the US BEFORE this incident...?

Hypocrisy...at its worst...

ysgi
04-22-2010, 06:28 PM

-love this line.

and this one lol

Also, reports that the Steelers contacted the AFC North rival Cleveland Browns about Roethlisberger were considered preposterous within the Pittsburgh organization.

REALLY !!!!! So your saying that the MEDIA can blow things out of proportion???
Hmmm, I hope they weren't too harsh on Ben just to get rating. You know, putting stupid pictures of him on WPXI and all but crying when 93.7 found out no charges would be pressed. I can't believe it. I hope people weren't swayed by this non-existent bias.

PATHETIC !

-ysgi

***FREE BEN ****

GoSlash27
04-22-2010, 06:29 PM
Ben Recklessbanger
Not a rapist but still dumb
You need to grow up.

Pittsburgh43
04-22-2010, 06:31 PM
Lol I hate the media, especially Mike Florio's dumbass at PFT.

Riddle_Of_Steel
04-22-2010, 06:32 PM
Seriously, those posts came off as kinda angry-- it was not my intention to come on here calling out all my fellow Steeler fans. I apologize.

I would be just as disappointed as all of you, if we traded Big Ben, and I am not exactly jumping up and down that we won't have him for at least the first four weeks of the season.

But....

What's right is right.

We have LONG prided ourselves on the Rooney's running a stellar organization that puts integrity, honor, and descency above winning. It is exactly these kinds of instances when notions like that are put to the test, and they have the opportunity to put their money where their mouth is..

We have a guy on our roster, that by all accounts (that he himself has had the opportunity to dispute but has chosen not to yet), is guilty of committing some serious crimesand misdeeds-- providing alcohol to MULTIPLE minors, sexual assault x 2, boorish behavior towards women, drunken escapades, etc. etc.

If any other team, especially one of our rivals, were to tolerate that kind of person on their roster and use the "they weren't found guilty of anything" excuse, I am sure that most of you who are questioning the Rooney's right now, would be pointing fingers and making a big fuss at them (ahem...Ray Lewis & the Ravens). IOW, I am talking about a double-standard here...

Deniers will always flock to the fact that he was not charged or found guilty, but that does not exonerate him of any guilt-- it only means that no jail time will be served. Lots of crimes, especially ones happening behind closed doors with drunken/drugged victims go unpunished in our society.

Big Ben may or may not have committed some, all, or none of the things he is accused of. The lack of evidence makes it a "he said, she said" type of affair. But with nothing else to go on, except what was reported by witnesses, investigators, and the victims, I don't see how you can state with such certainity that Big Ben is innocent....

ysgi
04-22-2010, 06:33 PM
Accused of something

But really did nothing wrong

Name Dragged through the mud

-ysgi

***FREE BEN****

SteelCityMom
04-22-2010, 06:34 PM
Does this mean the 2,000 Ben threads are going to be merged? I would love to see one huge Uber Big Ben thread...I want to see how many pages it would be.

<object width="960" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/JoqDYcCDOTg&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/JoqDYcCDOTg&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="960" height="745"></embed></object>

ysgi
04-22-2010, 06:35 PM
Or....

The Media Sucks

Ruin a Life for Ratings

W P X I Lied

-ysgi

***FREE BEN****

Prok
04-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Does this mean the 2,000 Ben threads are going to be merged? I would love to see one huge Uber Big Ben thread...I want to see how many pages it would be.

My guess would be over 500. :wink02:

Pittsburgh43
04-22-2010, 06:36 PM
Big Ben, Big Ben
did nothing criminally wrong.
Suspended for 6 games.
Goodell suck my dong.

BigBenFn7
04-22-2010, 06:37 PM
To me a 1st rounder wouldn't be enough. I realize he's had his problems and is going to miss at least 4 games but I think people get too hyped on picks sometimes. They can be very beneficial to build your team up but not if you're trading away your best player to do it.

Prok
04-22-2010, 06:37 PM
Big Ben, Big Ben
did nothing criminally wrong.
Suspended for 6 games.
Goodell suck my dong.

:rofl: :rofl:

ysgi
04-22-2010, 06:38 PM
Dont just read headlines

Think before you judge

Target on his back

-ysgi

***FREE BEN***

SteelCityMom
04-22-2010, 06:40 PM
go pens......till you play my flyers:hatsoff:

BOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Go Flyers...hope you beat the Dweebils!

:wink02:

WH
04-22-2010, 06:43 PM
I am hearing a LOT of denial from Steelers fans in this thread....and it is very disappointing.

So now, Big Ben is innocent and an upstanding guy, because the girl who accused him of sexual assault wore a DTF shirt? REALLY?

So.....along the lines of that thinking-- if I go out in public wearing a shirt that says "Fxxk ALL Illegal Immigrants", does that mean that somebody can shoot me or stab me and not be held responsible? How does the young lady wearing a DTF shirt exonerate Big Ben from sexual assault?

If you went out in a shirt like that, people would most likely buy you drinks. And your shirt is expressing an opinion. Her's was advertising her willingness to have sex.

It is all just a big money-grab by some gold-digging girls? REALLY? How about the girl from Boston that claims Big Ben did not take NO for an answer from her too, reached up her skirt, and had sex with her? She is not pressing charges and is not willing to answer questions about it or work with investigators, because supposedly, Big Ben used to be a personal friend of hers until the encounter. So she is not looking for money or anything at all...

And accusations weren't made at the time of the offense why? BTW, I'm still waiting to here why that Ben punched the baby kitten out of the Girl Scouts arms.....

Seriously, if a Bengals fan had said some of the excuses a lot of you folks on here are saying to defend somebody like Odell Thurman or Chris Henry, I know what y'all would be saying....

They were charged, Ben was not.

It's not Ben's responsibility to card those girls. It's the establishment he is in's responsibility to card her to make sure she's legal to drink. She was allowed to be in the club according to GA Law. But she was supposed to have a bracelet on.

Also, you make it sound like Ben had 20 women bound with funnels in their mouths. The underage girl was handed a shot of liquor, she knew she was underage, why did she drink enough to get as intoxicated as she was?

Some of y'all are exclusively using jail time as a yard stick of whether or not he behaved irresponsibly or did anything wrong. And that thinking is FLAWED-- he may not have done anything criminal, THAT COULD BE PROVEN BEYOND A REASONABLE DOUBT IN COURT, but that does not mean he did nothing wrong.

Everyone on this Earth has done something wrong in their lives. Many times more than once. Again, what's your point?

The Rooney's aren't dulling out the suspension, it's the NFL. It think it's pathetic that the Rooney's will write off James Harrison being charged and plea bargaining out of the beatng his baby mama as ''Jimmy wanted to take his child to get baptized, and she didn't want to'' or signing Jeff ''I'll show you my wang'' Reed to a brand new tender. But they throw their QB, who has never been charged with a crime, under the bus. If you say the incident with McNutty should cound, I say you're full of it. It's absolute fact, and document that she was braggin about it.

And some of us laughed at Patriots fans and the circular logic they used to justify Spygate and its after-effects? Some of THOSE rationalizations seem rather tame compared to the stuff being said on threads like this one....

like what?

Flame away....I realize I am a "bandwagon fan" now for not being blind to the crimes and iniquities of our own players....

must have missed your posts lambasting James Harrison, Santonio Holmes, and Jeff Reed

Not that I TOTALLY disagree with you, but I about 80% disagree with you.

Riddle_Of_Steel
04-22-2010, 06:44 PM
How about the overall sexual, drunken behavior of the girl

Again, the "sexual, drunken" behavior of the girl does not justify what Big Ben supposedly did. Acting "sexual and drunken" is not a crime, and does not, in any way, mean that you are fair game to be assaulted as desired.

the LACK OF ANY EVIDENCE,
Nope, denial. There was not a lack of ANY evidence, the DA just felt that there was not ENOUGH evidence to get a conviction.

the judgement call of the officers at the scene,

The "judgement call" of the officers at the scene was that the accuser was drunk, which she most certainly was. But again, that does not mean you can rape her without fear of any consequences...

the inconsistent testimonies of the girl & her sloshed up sororiety posse, etc....?

So why is Big Ben's "sloshed up" testimony any more believable? Actually, last I checked, his only testimony was that he had consensual sex, and that he didn't rape her. That is the only aspect that is being questioned now.

Yes...the Rooney's are cowards for not standing behind their QB when there is no evidence of wrong doing and SUPPORTING a ridiculous 6 game suspension.

But there IS eviddence of wrongdoing-- LOTS of it. Just not enough to achieve a conviction, in the DA's opinion. Again, you are using jail time as a measuring stick for whether any wrong doing occurred.

Maybe I should send a hot girl to Rooney's favorite restuarant...meet him in the hallway going to the bathroom...then find an officer and say Rooney grabbed her chest. She can even have some self-inflicted chest bruises.

And if it were the second time such an accusation came up, the Rooney's do not deny anything that happened (she wanted me to touch her boob, honestly), and they accept any punishment doled out, I would be inclined to start questioning....as should you, if you are being intellctually honest with yourself.

That should be enough to banish Rooney from the league and force him to sell the team........right......?

No but it would be enough to pull some draft picks and fines.

If that is not enough...we play out that scenario several times in several restuarants... then admonish Rooney from ever eating at a restuarant and ever using a public bathroom.

The problem here with your scenario, is that with no proof either way, you cannot make a judgement either way (if you are being honest with yourself), so how you can determine that the Rooney's are cowards for sticking up for Big Ben is beyond me....

Riddle_Of_Steel
04-22-2010, 06:48 PM
Yeah...you were there...the police reports were an entire fabrication. :doh:

Well, that is apparently what many of you are trying to suggest...

Secondly..."feeding drinks to underage women"...LOL...do you really believe this girl got drunk ONLY after sharing beers with a guy named Ben...?

That is irrelevant. If he supplied them with even a SINGLE alcoholic drink, he was "feeding drinks to underage women". There is that denial thing again...

Do you really think that a guy and girl "getting drunk" together doesn't happen million times a day...?

Not where the girl afterwards accuses the guy of assaulting her.....

Why were you not quitting your job and protesting outside of every college bar in the US BEFORE this incident...?

I have no idea where you tried to go with this comment...

Hypocrisy...at its worst...

Please point out my hypocrisy...be specific.

stillers4me
04-22-2010, 06:49 PM
As long as he does some Bengal, Raven, and Brownie raping long the way.........the revenge tour begins on week 6.

solardave
04-22-2010, 06:50 PM
You want to see the 530+ pages GBI report, go The smoking Gun website, they're all there. I'm about halfway through. Anyway , before rushing to judgement on Ben you should do the same yourself. It's fairly obvious to anyone who sees the entire story why charges weren't filed and never will be regardless of whether missy wants to press foward or not. There was no case, the evidence that is being trotted out to the public to destroy a man is full of contradictions and inconsistentcies.

The lynching of Ben by the media and Goodell is shamefull, and I'm dissapointed that the Steelers are marching in lockstep with the mob. At some point they need to bring up the fact that there was a good reason that charges were never brought forth. Ben deserves the presumption of innocence. :mad:

I see your point but I don't need to read 500+ pages to know that he put himself in a bad situation. There are other ways to party than out chasing drunk women not even old enough to drink.
I agree Goodell is a pompous d....head who is a bigger criminal than the ones he claims to be protecting. The only ones he's protected so far are the Patriots. He a disgrace to the NFL. He may be claiming to clean it up but so far he's swept the most crucial evidence under the carpet. The fact is Ben needs to grow up and be the leader.
Gain back the trust of his team and win some more SB. Winning will make this all go away if he doesn't put himself in positions to be the MARK!!!

tony hipchest
04-22-2010, 06:55 PM
I know you do, and really, it was intended more for the people who go off on a tangent about how the Rooneys are idiots for trading Ben based solely upon unsubstantiated twitter rumors.yeah, the rooneys are much more cunning and diabolical than that. everything they have done to this point has been done with calculated intentions.

ben responded to all the rumors by stating that he wants to remain a steeler. that is an EXCELLENT first step of him recognizing the seriousness of the matter (although i think a much bigger deal has been made out of his situation than necessary, and roger goodell being camped outside of salem MA doesnt help).

i think the message has been sent, loud and clear and if the rooneys leaked false reports that it was them "shopping" him, it was a brilliant strategical move, being that it didnt sour ben on remaining with the team.

LukesDad88
04-22-2010, 07:05 PM
With how wrong the "NFL Insiders" have been about everything so far, these new categorical denials of trading Ben have me more worried than ever that he's gone.

steeldawg
04-22-2010, 07:09 PM
I get it Rooneys,

What do you guys think?

will not be suspended for the reno case he was suspended for a pattern of misconduct if the reno incident was looked at seperatly there would be no pattern. And its not enough anymore to be innocent you must avoid racey statements.

SteelPride1207
04-22-2010, 07:18 PM
I agree Goodell is a pompous d....head who is a bigger criminal than the ones he claims to be protecting. The only ones he's protected so far are the Patriots. He a disgrace to the NFL. He may be claiming to clean it up but so far he's swept the most crucial evidence under the carpet. The fact is Ben needs to grow up and be the leader.

Gain back the trust of his team and win some more SB. Winning will make this all go away if he doesn't put himself in positions to be the MARK!!!

Well said...I agree 100% with all your points...!

Riddle_Of_Steel
04-22-2010, 07:23 PM
If you went out in a shirt like that, people would most likely buy you drinks. And your shirt is expressing an opinion. Her's was advertising her willingness to have sex.

More of the same. No matter what is written on her shirt, providing alcohol to underage minors, and sexual assault, are both crimes. Not sure why this is still a point of contention....her shirt has 0% relevance.

And accusations weren't made at the time of the offense why? BTW, I'm still waiting to here why that Ben punched the baby kitten out of the Girl Scouts arms.....

As I explained, according to the article, she WAS a friend of Big Ben's until tha encounter. And also, as I explained, she IS NOT pressing charges now, nor before, nor is she willing to talk to anybody about it in an official capacity. IOW, she wants no money, no fame or infamy, and only wants to forget the incident.

They were charged, Ben was not.

Once again, judging behavior as good or bad, based purely upon criminal consequences or the lack thereof.

It's not Ben's responsibility to card those girls. It's the establishment he is in's responsibility to card her to make sure she's legal to drink.

I will agree with you on this one, but according to the DA's findings, there was reasonable cause to believe that Big Ben was aware of their age (Colon reported a conversation earlier that evening about ages-- Colon tried to pick up on one of the accuser's party earlier that night, but stopped when he found out she was 19, and that is straight out of Colon's mouth). But it cannot be proven that Big Ben heard that conversation, hence the DA not filing charges....but once again, it stinks to high heaven in Ben's corner....

Also, you make it sound like Ben had 20 women bound with funnels in their mouths. The underage girl was handed a shot of liquor, she knew she was underage, why did she drink enough to get as intoxicated as she was?

They weren't bound, and didn't have funnels in their mouths, but supposedly, Ben's body guards came out in the normal guest area of the club and rounded them up for the VIP section, where there was $160 worth of shots sitting on the bar for them....

And again, the accuser's knowlege that SHE was underrage, does not exonerate Big Ben in any way. You can bet that in every case of some bum buying alcohol for minors in this country, that the minors were well aware that they were not of age yet....

Everyone on this Earth has done something wrong in their lives. Many times more than once. Again, what's your point?

And when we do something wrong, we are expected to pay the price, whether that be losing our job, getting thrown in jail, fined, or worse. What is YOUR point?

The Rooney's aren't dulling out the suspension, it's the NFL.

Correct. But the Rooney's had stated very publicly that if the Commish does not punish Big Ben, they would. So in my opinion, that is nothing but pedantics/semantics.

It think it's pathetic that the Rooney's will write off James Harrison being charged and plea bargaining out of the beatng his baby mama as ''Jimmy wanted to take his child to get baptized, and she didn't want to'' or signing Jeff ''I'll show you my wang'' Reed to a brand new tender.

You have to look at each case individually, like the Rooney's do. Harrison had taken full responsibility for his actions and was already attending anger management courses before he even went to court. He had a clean record prior to that. Reed had a couple of minor non-violent offenses(well, the towel dispenser at Sheetz might beg to differ LOL), was warned and talked to about it, lowballed on his new contract and was franchise tagged (something most players do not desire).

But they throw their QB, who has never been charged with a crime, under the bus.

Nope. Big Ben threw himself under the bus with his poor behavior, verbally abusive nature towards women, and being accused of rape multiple times. What ever happened to personal accountability?

If you say the incident with McNutty should cound, I say you're full of it. It's absolute fact, and document that she was braggin about it.

Agreed. But again, the recurring theme, is Big Ben messing around with less than scrupulous women and putting himself in the line of fire.

like what?

Like...the frigging title of this thread.

must have missed your posts lambasting James Harrison, Santonio Holmes, and Jeff Reed

Actually, I did have negative things to say about them. Mostly on CBS (my home forum-- I visit this one for information, since I generally get frustrated with some of the threads on here, like this one we are on). But again, I don't see what any of those incidents have to do with Big Ben's innocence of guilt....

WH
04-22-2010, 07:28 PM
Actually, I did have negative things to say about them. Mostly on CBS (my home forum-- I visit this one for information, since I generally get frustrated with some of the threads on here, like this one we are on). But again, I don't see what any of those incidents have to do with Big Ben's innocence of guilt....

It shows the Rooney's aren't exactly consistent when it comes to discipline.

Riddle_Of_Steel
04-22-2010, 07:35 PM
Again, I am not trying to call anybody out, or question anybody's non-bandwagon status. I just think that some of y'all are viewing this whole fiasco with some serious blinders....understandable. I can definitely sympathize....

Big Ben may not be guilty of rape, sexual assault, or any other criminal offense (my personal opinion), but obviously, he is doing SOMETHING wrong that is getting him accused of sexual assault, while few if any of the other hundreds of players in the NFL seem to be hassled for these sorts of things during the offseason.

His behavior and the way he treats women, are hardly commendable, and if they invite discredit and ridicule to his franchise, organization, and league, then he is definitely in line for punitive measures.

Keep in mind that he is not being suspended because he has been accused of rape-- he is being punished for not being more insightful and not seeing that he is putting himself in these dangerous situations that invite discredit and ridicule.

Most of us can go out to the club, get loaded, hook up with some trashy dirt-leg, and not have anything to worry about the next day. Not a "dangerous situation" for any of us. But being an NFL superstar, Ben has to understand that his situation is different.

Riddle_Of_Steel
04-22-2010, 07:38 PM
It shows the Rooney's aren't exactly consistent when it comes to discipline.

Or....that they address each case individually on its own merits, like they said.

Preacher
04-22-2010, 07:44 PM
Well put, Tony. I doubt we'll see that any time soon though. The moral police would flood Art with hate mail. lol

Nope. the difference is, the Steelers did it the FIRST TIME Ben was accused.

Something that some of you like to forget.

Preacher
04-22-2010, 07:48 PM
Or....that they address each case individually on its own merits, like they said.

Bingo.

Imagine that.

SMR
04-22-2010, 07:49 PM
Good article! So is the commissioner King? How do we get rid of him?

We should all write letters and start "Impeach Goodell" rallies, lol.

stillers4me
04-22-2010, 07:51 PM
I had Roger Goodell's lovechild.

Florida_Steelers_Fan
04-22-2010, 08:25 PM
I would have paid Suh money to tackle that tool tonight. I never thought I'd hate a commissioner more than Selig...

steelerohio
04-22-2010, 08:48 PM
:tt03:

moving on...

HometownGal
04-22-2010, 09:03 PM
Thank GOD there will only be one thread with this belaboring of the Ben saga as of tomorrow. Saints be praised!

ysgi
04-22-2010, 09:03 PM
Wow, Its funny how Starkey's tune changed as soon as Ben was 'sentenced'

That stuttering loser just cant let this story die. He has to rial up his few listeners by switching sides.

Two days ago he was all aboard the TRADE BEN EXPRESS.

He is THE D-BAG of all D-BAGs.

Id be suprised if that jerk didnt infer that Ben raped his mom - just for ratings.

-ysgi

***FREE BEN***

welder4pit
04-22-2010, 09:22 PM
If he does stay, he needs to clean up his act. Your one of the highest paid players in the league Ben and there is a target on your back. Grow the F up True that. Its sad no one ealse wanted big bone head. But you watch we will regret this for years to come. He will either have a headache and not be able to play when the team needs him most or his dumbass will f up again. You know your guy is f d up when even the raiders dont even want him
:banging:

beer72
04-22-2010, 09:38 PM
When will all this ben shit stop plz tell me...........

HinesTroy
04-22-2010, 09:40 PM
No, he is a once in a lifetime QB and has been convicted of nothing.

For you Ben haters, how many other franchise SB winning QBs have we had?

Some fans attempt to minimize Ben's role. This is absolutely absurd.

Without BB, it will be another 30 years until we make it back to the big dance.

The chances of winning without a franchise QB are slim in today’s NFL.

memphissteelergirl
04-22-2010, 10:07 PM
No...now can we drop this **** ONCE AND FOR ALL, PLEASE???? :doh::banging:

Pdiddy
04-22-2010, 11:01 PM
He's a creep cause you were there and he hit on you?

No.

Allegations aren't always true, stay levelheaded, and realize there are two sides to every story. See Kobe Bryant rape case.

And he didn't do much other than one of the greatest drives and throws in Super Bowl History..what a moron

He's a creep because the police report says he approached the girl in the hallway outside the bathroom with his schlong hanging out. Then took a drunk young girl into the bathroom and took advantage of her all the while she was saying no. On top of this, his boys set up this whole thing. What a poor excuse for a man. And you are still using a picture of this guy..... come on. Please buy a clue.

Shoes
04-22-2010, 11:22 PM
I'm about ready to pay the mods top dollar if they close all the Ben threads :chuckle:

Prok
04-22-2010, 11:42 PM
I'm about ready to pay the mods top dollar if they close all the Ben threads :chuckle:

Same here Shoes. I have a feeling we're going to be hearing more whining because we kept him for quite awhile.

Where is the "repetitive whining iggy feature". lol

Vincent
04-22-2010, 11:45 PM

Don't rob me of being called a hypocrite again by JSH6487.

Shoes
04-22-2010, 11:47 PM
Don't rob me of being called a hypocrite again by JSH6487.

:chuckle::chuckle:

tube517
04-22-2010, 11:51 PM
It is! and all the trade talk has died down. Once August and September...oops October comes around and BB7 starts playing, he'll just have to face the boo birds and name calling and shut them up with some crazy TD drives. It will all come to pass.

Man, is it draft day yet so all these silly Ben threads can be merged.

And no...I don't think he should be traded. I also think it's hilariously hypocritical that you call him Ben Rapistberger (or however the hell you spell it nowadays) and then thank "this creep" for the 2 SB wins and admit you know he was never found guilty of anything.

Jesus I'm tired of this crap.

steeldawg
04-22-2010, 11:52 PM
He's a creep because the police report says he approached the girl in the hallway outside the bathroom with his schlong hanging out. Then took a drunk young girl into the bathroom and took advantage of her all the while she was saying no. On top of this, his boys set up this whole thing. What a poor excuse for a man. And you are still using a picture of this guy..... come on. Please buy a clue.

And this is fact? The DA and the investigators must have overlooked the overwhelming amount of evidence that proves this.

HinesTroy
04-23-2010, 12:08 AM
And were supposed to believe a rape kit executed within hours of an alleged crime couldn't produce enough DNA markers to generate a profile that could be matched to an assailant.

Try this as more likely, young missy knew it was male DNA but knew it wasn't Ben's and so did Bright and the GBI, that's why they never asked Ben for a sample.

At first, the accuser claimed she was not raped and was not even sure if she had sex. It sounds like the sorority girls where D.T.F. as per their necklaces. They were so proud that they were explaining to everyone what this means. Ben is only guilty of using poor judgement.

What about Batch? He was accused of gang rape in 2000. The Steelers had no problem with that. Well, if he was accused, he is guilty right?

AndyWitmyer
04-23-2010, 12:23 AM
Wow, Its funny how Starkey's tune changed as soon as Ben was 'sentenced'
Two days ago he was all aboard the TRADE BEN EXPRESS.

"The Rooneys ought to consider trading Ben." + "Ben's 6-game suspension is overkill." - I don't think these ideas are necessarily mutually exclusive. I, too, worry about Ben's future with the Steelers - I hope that he gets his life turned around soon because honestly, if the Steelers wanted to part ways with him at this point I couldn't blame them. At the same time, I have been VERY critical of the suspension. Four to six games?

As the article states plainly, Ben is the first NFL player to be suspended for his personal conduct who WASN'T previously arrested or charged. Goodell is clearly overstepping his authority here and I think in the coming months we're going to see some HUGE hypocrisies stemming from this precedent. People are worrying about the precedent being set here - but I bet no one else is ever going to get this bad of a suspension for an allegation. Ben was the chosen sacrificial lamb.

Though many players have sinned, Ben will be the one who must carry the cross.

Ben should secretly hire some private investigators and investigate Goodell's a$$... I just know he's got something going on... people like that usually do.

EXACTLY what I thinking! It's always the moralists who have secrets that contradict everything they appear to stand for.

Examples: 1) The BTK serial killer - he was tying up and brutally killing people while at the same time serving as the leader of a Lutheran church! 2) Homophobes - there have been more than a few who've later turned out to be homosexuals themselves! 3) Politicians - Take for example all of the politicians who wanted Clinton to step down after cheating on his wife that would later go on to cheat on their wives while clinging to their jobs! Wow.

I'd love to know what dirt Prince Goodell is hiding! Call me a cynic, but I'd be willing to bet that he took money from the Patriots on one or more occasion.

Vincent
04-23-2010, 12:23 AM
Man, I would hate working in an environment like that... they would HAVE to pay me millions to do that...

If I was an NFL player I'd be 7X24X365 into my job. Banging weights. Pouring over "film". Mauling the enemy on the field. Take no prisoners. Then retire and relax, starting with the "lived happily ever after" part... http://forums.steelersfever.com/showpost.php?p=785089&postcount=1

A lot of these children are easily distracted.

mesaSteeler
04-23-2010, 01:04 AM
Vast majority of fans want Roethlisberger disciplined or traded
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_677796.html#
By Bob Cohn
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, April 23, 2010

More than eight of 10 Pittsburgh Steelers fans agree that quarterback Ben Roethlisberger should have been disciplined or should be traded, according to a Tribune-Review poll.

In the survey taken Tuesday and Wednesday, before National Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell announced Roethlisberger's six-game suspension, 61 percent of those who called themselves Steelers fans said he should be fined or suspended, and 23 percent said they want a trade.

Only 9 percent favored no disciplinary action. The rest were undecided or refused to answer.

"I guess I look at this as, Pittsburgh fans are like a parent who has to deal with a son or daughter that did something bad," said Jim Lee of Susquehanna Polling & Research, which conducted the telephone survey. "I mean, the tough love has to kick in at some point. They don't want to kick them out of the house, but they need to be reprimanded."

Goodell took the action after Georgia prosecutors declined to charge Roethlisberger with sexually assaulting a 20-year-old female student last month in a Milledgeville bar. Roethlisberger is fighting a lawsuit filed last summer by a Lake Tahoe hotel worker who claims the quarterback raped her. He has denied any wrongdoing.

The Trib survey of 652 Western Pennsylvanians has a margin of error of 3.84 percentage points.

The survey results were mostly similar along gender lines, with 61 percent of the women and 59 percent of the men favoring disciplinary action, and 24 percent of the men and 20 percent of the women endorsing a trade.

However, 12 percent of men favored no disciplinary action, compared with 5 percent of women.

Younger fans preferred a trade more than older fans. Among women in the 18-29 age group, 38 percent want the Steelers to go with another quarterback. No other female age group reported higher than 25 percent. The 28 percent of men ages 18-29 supporting a trade was higher than any other age group.

"Moral values, integrity," said Cynthia Lichius, 51, of Turtle Creek, explaining why she wanted the Steelers to sack Roethlisberger. "This is a national news thing, and it happened to Pittsburgh, and our guy did it."

Lichius said the "multiple accusations" against Roethlisberger swung her decision.

"One time, it's like, 'OK, the girl could have exaggerated,' but more than once it (might be) an accusation based on truth. He thinks he's a big guy and he can get away with what he wants."

Lichius termed the suspension as "pretty fair" and said she hopes Roethlisberger "straightens out and realizes he's not the king."

Filomena Andreani, 74, of Coal Center was one of the few women who said she was undecided. But she agrees with the suspension -- as long as it's four games and not six.

Goodell said he would reduce Roethlisberger's suspension by two games if he complies with recommendations from medical experts and stays out of trouble.

"I think it's significant enough," she said. "When I heard about it, I thought six games was a little too much. He wasn't indicted. I didn't approve of the way he behaved, but because there was no legal action, I was kind of undecided about what kind of suspension he should get."

Arnold Mathe said he would be happy if Roethlisberger left town.

"I never liked him from the beginning," said Mathe, 76, of West Mifflin. "He's arrogant. He's a show-off. I guess I never took to him."

But Dave Allenbaugh of Ross believes no action against Roethlisberger is warranted.

"I don't think he should be punished," said Allenbaugh, 63. "He's accused of doing things. He hasn't been arrested or cited for anything.

"I think they're pretty harsh on what they did to him. If the man needs some psychological help or something, I can understand. But he's not guilty of anything."

Bob Cohn can be reached at rcohn@tribweb.com or 412-320-7810.

mesaSteeler
04-23-2010, 01:09 AM
Gorman: Big Ben could learn a lot from Sid
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_677813.html#
By Kevin Gorman
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Friday, April 23, 2010

When it comes to Pittsburgh sports superstars, we have learned in the past nine months all that we need to know about Ben Roethlisberger.

Mostly, that he's no Sidney Crosby.

While the tawdry details of Roethlisberger's boorish behavior in Milledgeville, Ga., and subsequent six-game suspension handed down from NFL commissioner Roger Goodell have been headlining national news this week, Crosby has quietly gone about dominating the Stanley Cup playoffs.

The Penguins center skated circles around the Ottawa Senators, scoring an NHL-best 11 points entering Game 5 of the Eastern Conference quarterfinal best-of-seven series Thursday night at Mellon Arena.

"He's as advertised," Ottawa center Jason Spezza said. "Every time he gets a chance, he seems to bury it."

Already a past winner of the Hart Trophy as the NHL's Most Valuable Player and the Art Ross Trophy as its scoring champion, Crosby won a share of the Rocket Richard Trophy by scoring 51 goals in the regular season.

But his brilliance extends beyond numbers.

Crosby not only has reinvented his playing style from playmaker to goal-scorer but transformed his reputation from that of a rookie who whined to officials to a fifth-year veteran who is the consummate captain and leader.

"He's the best player in the league, probably," Senators center Mike Fisher said. "I think he's matured a lot, especially from his first year. He's improved his game, but I think he's done a better job with the media and the way he conducts himself."

That's why Roethlisberger would do well to watch and learn from Crosby on how to behave like a superstar, a job description that doesn't begin and end with performance. It involves equal parts class, character and humility, three traits that weren't evident in the Georgia Bureau of Investigation's 572-page report on Roethlisberger's sexual assault accusations.

What's unfortunate is that Crosby and Roethlisberger, the city's biggest sports stars, are only casual acquaintances whose interaction has been limited to Mario Lemieux's charity golf event and magazine photo shoots.

They appeared together on the October cover of Sporting News when it pronounced Pittsburgh as America's Best Sports City. But take a look at that photo and the 1979 cover featuring Terry Bradshaw and Willie Stargell, and you'll see a stark contrast between the City of Champions then and now.

Blame that on Big Ben.

Crosby has been handling himself like a seasoned pro before a Canadian press that monitors his every move. The media crush is such that he does two sets of interviews, one for television and radio stations and another for the print media, after every practice and every game.

"He's an impressive person," Spezza said. "He's the face of the game, and he does a great job of it."

Has anyone said the same of Roethlisberger?

In all fairness, Crosby has been groomed for greatness since he was 14. An unbelievable rookie season thrust Roethlisberger, a small-school star, into a spotlight he was neither prepared for nor has handled very well.

If the Penguins have a complaint, it's that Crosby insists on doing interviews while sitting at his locker stall. The crowd surrounding him is an inconvenience to those who sit nearby, like Matt Cooke and Maxime Talbot, as it prohibits them from undressing out of their hockey equipment.

Yet they appreciate Crosby not only for what he means to their team but to the NHL. He has willingly accepted the burdens that come with his superstardom. His answers might be guarded, but they tend to be thoughtful.

"He doesn't turn anyone away," Cooke said. "He makes sure everyone gets the answers to their questions. I even razz him a little bit about taking a day off here and there, that he doesn't need to talk, but he embraces and understands his role. It amazes me every day, the patience he has."

Now is the time to remind you that Crosby is 22 and Roethlisberger 28.

"His mind's not 22," Cooke said of Crosby. "He's mature beyond his age."

No one is saying the same of Roethlisberger.

It's time for Big Ben to take note on how super-stardom is done.

Kevin Gorman can be reached at kgorman@tribweb.com or 412-320-7812.

mesaSteeler
04-23-2010, 01:11 AM
Roethlisberger faces battery of tests
Interviews would be used to assess his personality, determine course of treatment
Friday, April 23, 2010
By Michael A. Fuoco, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10113/1052700-66.stm

Embattled Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will undergo a series of interviews and psychological testing to assess his personality traits, cognitive abilities and neuropsychological fitness as part of a comprehensive behavioral evaluation ordered Wednesday by National Football League Commissioner Roger Goodell.

The goal is to determine the extent to which Mr. Roethlisberger's violation of the league's Personal Conduct Policy during a night of bar-hopping in Milledgeville, Ga., was attributable to some underlying psychological, behavioral or neuropsychological disorder, and to map out a plan for intervention, psychologists say.

Whether a positive change occurs will primarily depend upon Mr. Roethlisberger because, like any other person undergoing such an evaluation and treatment, he must commit himself to the process, said John F. Murray, a licensed clinical and sports psychologist in Palm Beach, Fla.

"If you close your mind to it, you are not going to have any ability to make changes," said Dr. Murray, who is not involved in Mr. Roethlisberger's evaluation but has had professional athletes as clients. "The client has to make a commitment. No one can treat someone who is passive, who says, 'Fix me, doctor.' "

Dr. Murray said sometimes clients ordered to undergo evaluations by the courts or businesses, as opposed to seeking help themselves, are initially reluctant to comply with treatment. But, he said, "If you're a good clinician and the client isn't a jerk," the process works "because they see you are trying to help them help themselves" to avoid further professional and personal decline.

Successful completion of the evaluation and therapy is key to Mr. Roethlisberger's return to the football field. Until then, he will not be able to participate in any team activity. And only then will he begin his suspension for six regular season games. Mr. Goodell said he would consider reducing the suspension to four games depending upon the quarterback's progress in dealing with what he described as disturbing behavior.

Mr. Roethlisberger was accused of raping a drunken 20-year-old woman in a club bathroom, but Georgia authorities said they would not prosecute because they could not prove beyond a reasonable doubt the felony had been committed. Nevertheless, Mr. Goodell said Mr. Roethlisberger violated the league's conduct policy by buying alcohol for that woman and other underage women.

"Your conduct raises sufficient concerns that I believe effective intervention now is the best step for your personal and professional welfare," Mr. Goodell wrote in the letter to Mr. Roethlisberger announcing the discipline.

"I believe it is essential that you take full advantage of the resources available to you. My ultimate disposition in this matter will be influenced by the extent to which you do so, what you learn as a result, and a demonstrated commitment to making positive change in your life."

NFL spokesman Greg Aiello said medical professionals retained by the league would perform the evaluation. The NFL will have full access to the findings and recommendations in order to determine Mr. Roethlisberger's compliance.

Dr. Murray said there was no standard behavioral evaluation that psychologists and psychiatrists utilize. Depending upon the professional evaluator, different tests may be utilized and different approaches may be taken. Despite all of that variance and regardless of who was doing the testing, he said, the end result would likely be the same.

"You could have five people taking five different approaches, but I would bet money if you read those five reports there would be a pretty solid concurrence of findings," he said.

Generally speaking, he said, the evaluation process would begin with an interview of an hour or two.

"There will be questions about developmental history, about problems in the past and how he's dealt with difficult situations like he has been engaged in recently."

During the process, "they also will be keenly observing his behavior, how he responds to different inquiries, his overall demeanor, what his overall status is like. How is his memory? Is his speech fast or slow, with affect or without affect, with emotion? Is this a person with any indication of thought disorder?"

He said neuropsychological testing would probably be used to determine if there was any damage to Mr. Roethlisberger's frontal lobe, known as a human's emotional control center, because, among other functions, it controls judgment, impulse control and social and sexual behavior. Such testing would be apropos given Mr. Roethlisberger's 2006 motorcycle accident when he wasn't wearing a helmet, concussions he has suffered during his playing days and allegations of his behavior in Georgia.

Additionally, as part of the "psychosocial evaluation," the professionals would seek to determine if Mr. Roethlisberger is suffering from alcohol or any other kind of substance abuse, Dr. Murray said.

Following that assessment, the psychologist or psychiatrist performing the evaluation would analyze the findings and then, if warranted, recommend treatment, such as social skills training, cognitive behavioral psychotherapy or stress management, among others.

He said treatment of superstar athletes and others of that ilk has similarities with and differences from treatment of the average person.

"Everybody is human, everyone has the same basic elements and the same human needs," he said. "But with celebrities, CEOs and professional athletes, there has been a lot of a sense of entitlement. They have been nurtured and told they can do anything along the way. So you've got to be aware of that."
Michael A. Fuoco: mfuoco@post-gazette.com or 412-263-1968.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10113/1052700-66.stm#ixzz0ltgO4xiY

JCPsteelers
04-23-2010, 01:29 AM
Sid is a class act, no doubt about it..

Shea
04-23-2010, 01:46 AM
I don't even know how to begin to articulate the difference between Sid and Ben - the two are so completely different, and only one has a brain and a heart, and that one person flies on ice.

:toofunny: <-------- That's the best I can do right now with the comparison.

We're blessed with Sidney. Even at eighteen he showed more of what a man and person should be then Ben has ever shown.

Sid's something to celebrate. :drink:

Ben, not so much ........

Steeldude
04-23-2010, 02:07 AM
Some of you people are racist. That is all.

Dennis Dixon <> Kordell Stewart

:doh:

yet those same people are supporting leftwich and/or batch.

Preacher
04-23-2010, 02:49 AM
you just registered this april. why do i get the feeling this is a previously banned member?

:rofl::rofl:

stillers4me
04-23-2010, 06:02 AM
Younger fans preferred a trade more than older fans.

No surprise there.

Preacher
04-23-2010, 06:21 AM
No surprise there.

Surprises me. Generally, its the younger fans who have the "Win at all costs" attitude.

GoSlash27
04-23-2010, 06:52 AM
Hell, why *not* revisit the Kordell Stewart years? They were fun times, and the fans weren't thoroughly spoiled like they are now. :noidea:

vasteeler
04-23-2010, 07:06 AM
lets not
too many bad memories :doh:

St33lersguy
04-23-2010, 07:09 AM
Some of you people are racist. That is all.

Dennis Dixon <> Kordell Stewart

Don't play the racecard you whiner. People are sick of it and there are constructive ways to combat an arguement

St33lersguy
04-23-2010, 07:11 AM
Hell, why *not* revisit the Kordell Stewart years? They were fun times, and the fans weren't thoroughly spoiled like they are now. :noidea:

Yeah I suppose the 1997 AFC Championship game was fun. You know that game where Kordell single handedly cost the steelers the game and the chmpionship. How about 2001 AFC championship when Kordell's 2 interceptions helped the cheatriots ice the game.

GoSlash27
04-23-2010, 07:40 AM
Yeah I suppose the 1997 AFC Championship game was fun. You know that game where Kordell single handedly cost the steelers the game and the chmpionship. How about 2001 AFC championship when Kordell's 2 interceptions helped the cheatriots ice the game.

That's life. :noidea: I guess my standards for "fun" are a little different than yours. He did get us to those championship games... Or rather he was a part of the team that got us there. I won't get into the whole "no "I" in team" drivel; you know it as well as I do, but I find it curious that people always act as if the QB carries this team for some reason.
We've gotten by with average/ below average QBs most of my life, and that never stopped us from giving more than we got.
Do we really need a superstar QB when he's causing all this controversy in the fanbase and locker room? I don't think so personally.

Bluedust
04-23-2010, 07:41 AM
Another thread? Really?

:doh:

Mods, where is the avatar where I shoot myself in the head? I couldn't find that one. Thanks. :hatsoff:

http://i39.tinypic.com/dlrwad.gif

plenewken
04-23-2010, 07:50 AM
Sid is a great champion and captain, a gentleman and a very smart young man.
Calling Ben the face of the franchise is an insult to the franchise.
He's a neanderthal compared to Crosby.