PDA

View Full Version : The Ben Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

LukesDad88
04-15-2010, 06:47 PM
Will all you morons stop saying they are going to trade Ben. You have no idea what you are talking about. With out Ben we suck and they know that.

That's one opinion. Another opinion would be that you should consider the fact that every year Ben's done well, the Steelers haven't. It's been the years our offense has stuttered that our D has carried us into the playoffs. We were in Championship games with Kordell and went deep into the playoffs with Tommy Boy, There are other QB's out there that could do as well with our team.

bigbenrules4000
04-15-2010, 06:52 PM
I know how to conduct myself. I am just sick and tired of people asumeing things and spreading rumors about Ben. I am very informed about what is going on. I have been following it from the begining. Unlike you guys I am not running my mouth saying the Rooneys/Steelers are going to this or they are going to that. I am waiting for them to make up their minds as to what they are going to do. I am not going to and will not stoop to your level by spreading rumors and gossiping about whats going to happen. I know we all have the right to voice our opion on here but you don't need to be constintly say oh I know this is what is going to happen and anyone who don't agree are morons.

HometownGal
04-15-2010, 06:54 PM
Don't you dare call me a moron! They never said they where considering it and they never eluded that they where! I don't know where you idots get your info/rumors but they are not true. You guys need to shut your yaps and wait for the're offical desicion on the mater instead of jumping to conclusions.

Let me explain something to you bud. When you throw a poison dart at someone (or a group of people) around here, you'd better pop some cyber-Vicodan because you're going to get it thrown back. You fired the first dart and and it was returned to its rightful place in your hiney. In case you didn't know it, personal attacks are verboten around here. You may want to review our board COC which is contained in the Announcements Forum under the title of "Laws of the Land".

In other words - if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

pete74
04-15-2010, 06:57 PM
I know how to conduct myself. I am just sick and tired of people asumeing things and spreading rumors about Ben. I am very informed about what is going on. I have been following it from the begining. Unlike you guys I am not running my mouth saying the Rooneys/Steelers are going to this or they are going to that. I am waiting for them to make up their minds as to what they are going to do. I am not going to and will not stoop to your level by spreading rumors and gossiping about whats going to happen. I know we all have the right to voice our opion on here but you don't need to be constintly say oh I know this is what is going to happen and anyone who don't agree are morons.

i would never say that. i have 600 and some posts and if you check them all i have never once called someone a moron except for you only after you said it 1st. this entire board is about opinions. if we all had the same this board wouldnt exist. everyone argues here from time to time but we dont insult eachother.

bigbenrules4000
04-15-2010, 06:58 PM
That's one opinion. Another opinion would be that you should consider the fact that every year Ben's done well, the Steelers haven't. It's been the years our offense has stuttered that our D has carried us into the playoffs. We were in Championship games with Kordell and went deep into the playoffs with Tommy Boy, There are other QB's out there that could do as well with our team.

And how many rings did we get? NONE!!!! Ben has gotten us 2 since becoming a Steeler. Thanks to Ben we have more SB Rings then any other team in the NFL.

LukesDad88
04-15-2010, 07:02 PM
And do you honestly believe that Ben is the only reason we won those SB's? Do you believe we wouldn't have one them if we had a Drew Brees, or a Donovan McNabb back there? Heck, even a Matt Schaub?

There are alot of QB's out there better than Tommy and Kordell capable of winning Superbowls with the teams we've fielded over the past few years. Heck, with a different QB, maybe we would have won 3-4.

In the end it doesn't matter because there are things more important than Lombardis.

ksmith_steelers
04-15-2010, 07:03 PM

ARE proved that in SB XL. LOL. We wouldn't have gotten #5 if we were riding on BB's shoulder pads.

bigbenrules4000
04-15-2010, 07:03 PM
i would never say that. i have 600 and some posts and if you check them all i have never once called someone a moron except for you only after you said it 1st. this entire board is about opinions. if we all had the same this board wouldnt exist. everyone argues here from time to time but we dont insult eachother.

Yeah but all you guys do is assume that the Rooneys are going to do this or that and you put down anyone who dissagrees!

welder4pit
04-15-2010, 07:10 PM
Don't let the door hit ya on the way out. :tt02: Were you this pissy in the 80's? I think he should trade in the black n gold for the black n silver. I think they should trade him. And us TRUE steeler fans will support the team no matter what they decide. The rest of you ,why not go to the cowboys.?

bigbenrules4000
04-15-2010, 07:13 PM
And do you honestly believe that Ben is the only reason we won those SB's? Do you believe we wouldn't have one them if we had a Drew Brees, or a Donovan McNabb back there? Heck, even a Matt Schaub?

Yeah Ben carried us on his shoulder pads. If it wasn't for Ben we would have never made it to XL. Remeber a little thing called "The Tackle"? If Ben hadn't made the game/season saving play we would have been watching another AFC team play in XL. You can thank him for us getting us to that SB. Drew Brees is a good QB I'll give you that but he would not have been that good behind our O-Line. As for McNabb he chokes in the big game and you know it. I would not want Schaub either. If it wasnot of Ben putting together that wonderfull last drive and completeing a awesome pass to Tone we would not have won number 6!

welder4pit
04-15-2010, 07:14 PM
Isnt this part of the reason WHY we are fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers?

ADIOS :cya: I will drink to that :drink::drink: :tt03:

bigbenrules4000
04-15-2010, 07:26 PM
Let me explain something to you bud. When you throw a poison dart at someone (or a group of people) around here, you'd better pop some cyber-Vicodan because you're going to get it thrown back. You fired the first dart and and it was returned to its rightful place in your hiney. In case you didn't know it, personal attacks are verboten around here. You may want to review our board COC which is contained in the Announcements Forum under the title of "Laws of the Land".

In other words - if you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

I am NOT personally attacking anyone. The only thing I am doing is speaking my mind and voiceing my opinon. You guys are just afaid that somone who is sick and tired of everyone throwing Ben under the train so to speak has joinned the forum and is speaking their mind. Oh and don't you bud me I am a loyal die hard FEMALE Steeler that has been a fan since well before Ben was drafted. I have been loyal to the Steelers since I was 14 yrs old and thats been a while.

polamalubeast
04-15-2010, 07:29 PM

There are alot of QB's out there better than Tommy and Kordell capable of winning Superbowls with the teams we've fielded over the past few years. Heck, with a different QB, maybe we would have won 3-4.

In the end it doesn't matter because there are things more important than Lombardis.

He must not think that it's easy to have a franchise QB.

the steelers have to wait 21 years before having one, and between 1992 and 2002, the steelers were 7-8 in playoff and since we Roethlisberger, the Steelers were 8-2 and 2 super bowl.

The Packers have Rodgers after losing Favre, but it's very rare that you have the chance to have a franchise QB after having lost one.

JSH6487
04-15-2010, 07:39 PM

What's more important in football than winning Lombardi's? Please enlighten me...because we are on a football forum talking about football, not about politics or life lessons. So really, what is more important? What do we watch and root for the team for? Do we root for every player to just try their best and learn life lessons and have every player become a good person? Uh no, this isn't the frigging 4th grade intramural program.

And stop acting like franchise QB's go on trees...like you assume that a Brees or Schaub would of just fell into our lap. Mcnabb? Give me a break. Wouldn't want that overrated choke artist anyway. Not many QB's would have done what Ben has done over the last few years. Wouldn't trade him for ANY QB including Manning or Brady.

irishman
04-15-2010, 07:40 PM
I'm really surprised how many people are defending Ben. I can understand if this was his 1st accusation for such a crime but this is the 2nd time within a year he has been accused of sexually assulting a woman. To me, rape is a heinous crime that's just a notch below murder. It's also sad to read some posters saying that if he is guilty then he should goto rehab and given one last chance. If the victim was a family member would you still say that??? Definitely not, most people would say put him in jail.

Like some have said, no one person is above the team and without a doubt he should be @ least suspended for a couple games for the embarressment he has brought upon the team.

Prok
04-15-2010, 07:40 PM
He must not think that it's easy to have a franchise QB.

the steelers have to wait 21 years before having one, and between 1992 and 2002, the steelers were 7-8 in playoff and since we Roethlisberger, the Steelers were 8-2 and 2 super bowl.

The Packers have Rodgers after losing Favre, but it's very rare that you have the chance to have a franchise QB after having lost one.

Yeah, This. ^^^

We'll be fine. We just have to let this die down and get the stones and pitchforks out of some of our fanbases hands.

:chuckle:

bigbenrules4000
04-15-2010, 07:41 PM
What's more important in football than winning Lombardi's? Please enlighten me...because we are on a football forum talking about football, not about politics or life lessons. So really, what is more important? What do we watch and root for the team for? Do we root for every player to just try their best and learn life lessons and have every player become a good person? Uh no, this isn't the frigging 4th grade intramural program.

And stop acting like franchise QB's go on trees...like you assume that a Brees or Schaub would of just fell into our lap. Mcnabb? Give me a break. Wouldn't want that overrated choke artist anyway. Not many QB's would have done what Ben has done over the last few years. Wouldn't trade him for ANY QB including Manning or Brady.

I so agree with you!

X-Terminator
04-15-2010, 07:54 PM
I am NOT personally attacking anyone.

Oh really?

Will all you morons stop saying they are going to trade Ben. You have no idea what you are talking about. With out Ben we suck and they know that.

Is there some other definition of a "personal attack" that I'm not aware of? Because if that's not the textbook definition of a personal attack, then I don't know what is. And then you have the nerve to get upset when someone gives it right back to you? How about this - if you're going to accuse someone else of such behavior, it might be a good idea to NOT engage in the behavior first.

And oh BTW, that FEMALE MODERATOR has been a fan longer than you've probably been alive.

JSH6487
04-15-2010, 07:59 PM
I'm all for calling people morons who think we should trade our 2 time SB winning franchise QB because of accusations.

zulater
04-15-2010, 08:03 PM
I'm all for calling people morons who think we should trade our 2 time SB winning franchise QB because of accusations.

I'm all for calling people morons who don't realize there are valid arguments on both sides of the debate.

:coffee:

mesaSteeler
04-15-2010, 08:09 PM
Hmmm, Seems we are getting over run with newbie TROLLS again. The best course of action is not to feed them and put them on ignore.

bigbenrules4000
04-15-2010, 08:17 PM

I am with you on that.

Oh and I am not a troll. I have an account on here for a while and forgot all about it intill today when a friend asked me a question about this place. How mature ignoring me who you know are right.

zulater
04-15-2010, 08:19 PM
Hmmm, Seems we are getting over run with newbie TROLLS again. The best course of action is not to feed them and put them on ignore.

No need to ignore them, they generally go away on their own in short order. :wave:

bigbenrules4000
04-15-2010, 08:24 PM
Well I am not going anywhere boys so bring it on. I am here to stay!!!!

Steel Warrior
04-15-2010, 08:29 PM
First, I'd tell the NFL if you suspend me, you've got a lawsuit.
Second, I'd tell the Rooney's if you suspend me, then trade me or whatever as I'm outta here. It's that simple, if I was Ben.

whatdoiknow
04-15-2010, 08:35 PM
I don't know if Ben doesn't deserve a suspension. But I DO know that the Rooney's are huge hypocrites for their statements about how they hold themselves above what other teams standards are. But if Ben took that course, he would only be securing himself as a DEFINITE " Bad Guy " in all this. And I think that may not be the best course of action right about now. I think if I was Ben, and was suspended, I would sue the Georgia Nightclub. Cause IF they would have done their job, and checked that Underage girls ID, then she would have never been around Ben, and this Charge could have never been made. But to sue the league, or demand a trade...NOT the right thing to do.

zulater
04-15-2010, 08:35 PM
Well I am not going anywhere boys so bring it on. I am here to stay!!!!

The choice wont be yours if you continue to call people morons simply because they disagree with you.

Not my rules, but that's the law of the land here. Abide or leave, it's your choice. :hatsoff:

LukesDad88
04-15-2010, 08:37 PM
And you called me a fool.

Rdp616
04-15-2010, 08:38 PM
Second, I'd tell the Rooney's if you suspend me, then trade me or whatever as I'm outta here. It's that simple, if I was Ben.

No, i would take whatever's coming to me then move on.

I believe this is the 18th new thread i've counted that's about Ben. Can we stop please?

zulater
04-15-2010, 08:41 PM

If you were Ben then you'd be leaving soon I guess. :wave:

SteelCityMom
04-15-2010, 08:44 PM
Jesus, haven't we had enough of this posturing crap already?

I don't know...I guess if I was Ben I'd hide myself away until the perfect fertile male came along. Isn't that what all "good girls" do?

Stone
04-15-2010, 08:47 PM
Why am I not surprised that while the media made such a huge damn deal about Ben's "devil" shirt, they are now largely ignoring the girl's..uh..cute little "DTF" pin that adorned her shirt that night, which prompted the sexual conversation between the two of them (for obvious reasons)??

How is that not getting any play on ESPN and the countless articles popping up every hour other than it doesn't fit in with the agenda?

HometownGal
04-15-2010, 08:49 PM
If I were Ben, I'd use a little better judgment when out in the public eye but most importantly, I'd keep my dong in my drawers.

That is all.

Shoes

I'll be overjoyed to lift the toilet seats :chuckle:

JSH6487
From the South Park episode...

"Don't screw girls in da public baffroom"

HometownGal
04-15-2010, 08:50 PM
No need to ignore them, they generally go away on their own in short order. :wave:

Or are given a little help in finding the exit. :chuckle:

zulater
04-15-2010, 08:54 PM
They just extracted enough DNA from King Tut's mummy to determine who his parents were.

If there was not enough DNA on that girl, than there was no sex, no rape. Period.

My thoughts exactly. Ben's legal team needs to get that message out there.

tony hipchest
04-15-2010, 09:05 PM
Jesus, haven't we had enough of this posturing crap already?

ben used to write something on his cleats... PFJ. i guess if i were him i would ask WWJD?

and like Jesus i would probably just hang out with only prostitutes and 9-10 diciples or linemen to follow me and add protection, and hope that hines "judas' ward didnt turn on me. :noidea:

bigbenrules4000
04-15-2010, 09:05 PM
I was not calling people morons because I disagree with them, I called them morons for wanting to get rid of Ben over a bunch of lies some dumb drunk collage girl and her equally drunk girlfriends told the police.

I can see how it is on here. You don't like peoplet o speak their minds and give their own opinons and unless their are up the mods butts.

You will not fight me off this forum

X-Terminator
04-15-2010, 09:06 PM
I was not calling people morons because I disagree with them, I called them morons for wanting to get rid of Ben over a bunch of lies some dumb drunk collage girl and her equally drunk girlfriends told the police.

I can see how it is on here. You don't like peoplet o speak their minds and give their own opinons and unless their are up the mods butts.

No, we want people on here to speak their minds. We DO NOT want people coming on here being insulting and just an overall overbearing ass, and try to pass that off as "speaking my mind."

Get the diff?

More than anything, you are becoming freaking annoying...and I'm one who actually agrees with you.

zulater
04-15-2010, 09:09 PM

Some people don't think the accuser is lying, therefore their opinion is different than yours and mine. That's not an unreasonable opinion to hold, therefore they shouldn't be reffered to as morons for wanting to possibly trade a player they think might be guilty of a heinous crime.

BlastFurnace
04-15-2010, 09:12 PM
If I were Ben, I'd use a little better judgment when out in the public eye but most importantly, I'd keep my dong in my drawers.

That is all.

LOL...if he would only do this, I think most of his problems would be solved.

bigbenrules4000
04-15-2010, 09:14 PM
No, we want people on here to speak their minds. We DO NOT want people coming on here being insulting and just an overall overbearing ass, and try to pass that off as "speaking my mind."

Get the diff?

More than anything, you are becoming freaking annoying...and I'm one who actually agrees with you.

I am NOT being insulting or a overbearing ass.

What it is with this forum not letting people speak their minds unless they agree with the common thought. You say we can have our own opinons but when someone has one thats different from yall you start nit picking the person and try to run them off the forum.

devilsdancefloor
04-15-2010, 09:16 PM
well if i were Ben i would stand up tall as a man and take my punishment. After all that is what it is all about! it is Called being accountable for your actions. If he throws a little fit and does wither of your suggestions i do not want him in black in gold PERIOD!

HometownGal
04-15-2010, 09:21 PM

What it is with this forum not letting people speak their minds unless they agree with the common thought. You say we can have our own opinons but when someone has one thats different from yall you start nit picking the person and try to run them off the forum.

We all have differing opinions on just about every topic posted on this board, which is NOT a problem. Healthy and respectful debate is encouraged here and the majority of our members follow the very simple rules that were crafted by our Admin. We as Mods are asked to enforce them and I can't help but agree with what others are saying here bbr4000 - you are coming across as terribly abrasive when there is no call for it. Calling people morons really isn't going to gain you any favor around this place.

I agree in principle with what you have been saying about Ben.

SF 101 - Attack the post NOT the poster.

LukesDad88
04-15-2010, 09:22 PM
The best thing he can do is be contrite, admit to making mistakes, go to counseling, and a lot of charity work and donations to various womens organizations. Keep his nose clean, go along with whatever the NFL and Rooneys decide, then win a couple more for the Black & Gold if he's still here.

Curtain_of_Steel
04-15-2010, 09:24 PM
I think I agree with the first post. I actually told my wife that today, well not at her but thats what he should say.

FU, I'm not guilty, I'm guilty for being a horn dog, which isn;t illegal, I'll do some extra community service over and above all the generous chartiable things I do now. But my actions since they did not violate any law, do not warrant a suspension.

To you Mr. Rooney, suspend me, you might as well cut me and kiss off your next 5 seasons. Good like finding someone who will shoulder the blame with that OLINE you have. Anyone else would toss them under the bus every monday. So you sit there on your high obama loving horse and watch me win games, or cut or trade me and I'll watch you lose games.
----

I'll always be a Steeler fan, but I would be one of the first in line to buy BB's new jersey.

With all that said, I agree also with BlastFrunace, and perhaps some better judgement of where I'm going to stick it might apply in the future, lol.

NJarhead
04-15-2010, 09:25 PM

Does character and integrity grow on trees?

No, no it doesn't. And furthermore, the Rooney's have always believed in both first. That's just one of the many things about the Steelers that appeals to us. If Ben can't live under that umbrella, then Lombardi's be damned; he needs to go. PERIOD.

LukesDad88
04-15-2010, 09:26 PM
Example:

I find the inconsistancies from the accuser and her friends to be troubling. As a result, I don't really feel that they are reliable, and would hope the Rooneys and other fans would view them in the same light. I believe it would be a huge mistake to trade Ben. One that could come back and harm us in the end. I don't believe the allegations, I don't believe he did anything wrong, and I'm in full support of him.

rick723
04-15-2010, 09:26 PM

Is you eat up with the dumb ass?

JSH6487
04-15-2010, 09:27 PM

No, no it doesn't. And furthermore, the Rooney's have always believed in both first. That's just one of the many things about the Steelers that appeals to us. If Ben can't live under that umbrella, then Lombardi's be damned; he needs to go. PERIOD.

Good luck filling a team with a bunch of Tim Tebow's in this day in age.

bigbenrules4000
04-15-2010, 09:27 PM
How dare you say I am coming across as terribly abrasive. I have never attacked a poster. I always debate the topc of the thread. All I tired to do was get involed in healthy debate over Ben on here today and all I am getting is grief.

LukesDad88
04-15-2010, 09:30 PM

Thank you.

Plus, everybody keeps tossing around the words "Franchise Quarterback". A franchise quarterback doesn't put his team in this position. A franchise quarterback does not embarass his team, family and city. A franchise quarterback does not have a potential HOF receiver questioning his commitment and work ethic.

Ben could still become a franchise quarterback, he's got the on the field skills and acumen, but that's not the whole package. I sincerely hope he grows up quickly, learns, and becomes the leader he's capable of being.

JSH6487
04-15-2010, 09:31 PM
All she really did was make a generalization that people are morons for wanting Ben gone. I didn't see her really attack anyone personally. And come on, all this because of the word "moron"?

HometownGal
04-15-2010, 09:32 PM
How dare you say I am coming across as terribly abrasive. I have never attacked a poster. I always debate the topc of the thread. All I tired to do was get involed in healthy debate over Ben on here today and all I am getting is grief.

Please stop with the "I dare you" :bs:, mkay?

Go back and re-read your posts in this thread. YOU called other members morons simply because they didn't agree with what you posted. That, in my book, is abrasive and attacking the poster.

Shea
04-15-2010, 09:34 PM

Wonder at all why?

Perhaps you should start listening to what people are trying to tell you.

JSH6487
04-15-2010, 09:34 PM
Thank you.

Plus, everybody keeps tossing around the words "Franchise Quarterback". A franchise quarterback doesn't put his team in this position. A franchise quarterback does not embarass his team, family and city. A franchise quarterback does not have a potential HOF receiver questioning his commitment and work ethic.

Ben could still become a franchise quarterback, he's got the on the field skills and acumen, but that's not the whole package. I sincerely hope he grows up quickly, learns, and becomes the leader he's capable of being.

So now you agree with Ward's comments last season about Ben not playing after a CONCUSSION? Everyone knows Ward was in the wrong opening his mouth there.

To me you just seem like someone who has a real problem with Ben and are looking for everything and anything to try and bash the guy about.

steeldawg
04-15-2010, 09:36 PM
Thank you.

What? ben is a franchise qb hes won 2 sb' s in 5 years and his on field play has been elite thats what you pay a qb to do win and fill the seats and big ben does both make no mistake about it. some lapses in judgement will not and cannot erase what he has done on the field.

LukesDad88
04-15-2010, 09:36 PM

How about filling a team with Troy Polamalus? Hines Wards? Aaron Smiths? Kurt Warners? Drew Brees? Jason Taylors? Jerome Bettis?

There are plenty of fantastic players at all positions in this league that have risen to the top that have character ethics and morals.

If you can't see that and encourage that, then that's your own issue and projection.

HometownGal
04-15-2010, 09:37 PM
All she really did was make a generalization that people are morons for wanting Ben gone. I didn't see her really attack anyone personally. And come on, all this because of the word "moron"?

Want to try again?

She referred to those posting in this thread who dared to disagree with her "morons". Sure sounds like a personal attack to me.

NJarhead
04-15-2010, 09:38 PM

:rolleyes:

The Steelers are one of the best run franchises in the history of the NFL. Ben DOES NOT get to trample that reputation.

Not sure what makes you believe we'd even sniff Tebow; maybe it's because you're a younger fan or something. I don't care. All I know is the sky is not falling and we will continue to be a good team. Somethings cannot be compromised.

Stone
04-15-2010, 09:39 PM
Okay, perhaps this is just a half-baked theory of mine, but just follow me down the rabbit hole for a moment...

Is there the possibility that the reason the team/league is waiting until after the draft to make a decision on Ben's punishment is to give enough time for Ben's attorney to get his own private detective's report out on the investigation to the public (and to Goodell) so that when they do make their decision on suspension time/fine that fans and media won't balk (and drag out the torches and pitchforks) at what might be considered "going lightly" without Ben's side out there?

Ben's attorney was with him when he visited Goodell and they were there for like three hours...there is a pretty good possibility this was discussed and perhaps asked for.

Crazy? Am I down the rabbit hole alone on this one?

NJarhead
04-15-2010, 09:41 PM
So now you agree with Ward's comments last season about Ben not playing after a CONCUSSION? Everyone knows Ward was in the wrong opening his mouth there.

To me you just seem like someone who has a real problem with Ben and are looking for everything and anything to try and bash the guy about.

Can't Ward be wrong one time and right the next? :noidea:

Or is one always wrong or always right? Sorry, but it's not that simple.

JSH6487
04-15-2010, 09:41 PM

The Steelers are one of the best run franchises in the history of the NFL. Ben DOES NOT get to trample that reputation.

Not sure what makes you believe we'd even sniff Tebow; maybe it's because you're a younger fan or something. I don't care. All I know is the sky is not falling and we will continue to be a good team. Somethings cannot be compromised.

Was mentioning Tebow's "character" as an example that's all. It is impossible in this day and age to fill an entire team filled with choir boys. Now if you are charged criminally it's one thing, but you can't go and get rid of players because of their morals if you want to field a successful team, especially if they are a 2 time SB winning franchise QB.

LukesDad88
04-15-2010, 09:45 PM
What? ben is a franchise qb hes won 2 sb' s in 5 years and his on field play has been elite thats what you pay a qb to do win and fill the seats and big ben does both make no mistake about it. some lapses in judgement will not and cannot erase what he has done on the field.

A franchise QB is the face of your organization. He's the one person that needs to lead and inspire his team. A franchise quarterback is not doubted by his #1 wide receiver. A franchise quarterback is not chastised by his backup for not being a leader. A franchise quarterback does not face maximum suspensions for conduct policies.

Ben's a great quarterback, elite, winning. He could be a franchise QB, and I hope he becomes ours, but he's got some miles to walk first.

wezx
I have been and ever shall be a Steelers fan regardless of the players...they come and go. What is consistent is the Class, Integrity & Character of the Rooney family. I may not like seeing Santonio (or Ben Heaven forbid) go, but I support the Rooneys 100%...they ARE the Steelers. I also have a lot of respect for Coach Tomlin, he has proven himself to be a man of the same Character. I really hope Ben turns himself around...would hate to see him go.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
i dont see how he could be suspended for someone falsely accusing him

hindes204

I dont feel like reading 17 pages worth of this thread, but this quote ffrom warden86 sums it up for me. NO player is bigger than the team.

This is a team that prides itself on hiring only players with good character, its always been that way, and its not gonna change...they have no qualms about going in another direction if they feel a player is not a good representation of the team. I hope ben does shape up, because he is a great QB, but one more mis-step and hes gone.....that is if he isnt on his way out already

SteelCityMom
04-15-2010, 09:52 PM
How about filling a team with Troy Polamalus? Hines Wards? Aaron Smiths? Kurt Warners? Drew Brees? Jason Taylors? Jerome Bettis?

There are plenty of fantastic players at all positions in this league that have risen to the top that have character ethics and morals.

If you can't see that and encourage that, then that's your own issue and projection.

You mention Bettis. I wonder if you now Bettis was accused of sexual assault as well.

rick723
04-15-2010, 09:53 PM
i dont see how he could be suspended for someone falsely accusing him

Have you heard, read or seen Ben Deny it?
The accusing means nothing. Two years of being accused is what he will have to answer to. I agree, he should not be in that position. Four years of college and all he wants to do is eat the teachers.

NJarhead
04-15-2010, 09:54 PM
Was mentioning Tebow's "character" as an example that's all. It is impossible in this day and age to fill an entire team filled with choir boys. Now if you are charged criminally it's one thing, but you can't go and get rid of players because of their morals if you want to field a successful team, especially if they are a 2 time SB winning franchise QB.

You're not getting it. Regardless, the fact of the matter is that he brought negative attention to his team. He gave the Steelers organization a black-eye. He is WELL COMPENSATED and SUPPOSED to be a leader. He is a temporary part of the bigger overall picture. He has no right to tarnish the reputation of this organization in the short time that he's here. NONE.

JSH6487
04-15-2010, 09:55 PM
You mention Bettis. I wonder if you now Bettis was accused of sexual assault as well.

Because he and most other people probably don't even remember or care anymore. That is exactly what is going to happen with Ben. All it was in Bettis' case was an accusation and that is all we have with Ben here. All of the people calling for Ben to be run out of town will be the same ones praising him in a couple years.

LukesDad88
04-15-2010, 09:55 PM
Okay, perhaps this is just a half-baked theory of mine, but just follow me down the rabbit hole for a moment...

Is there the possibility that the reason the team/league is waiting until after the draft to make a decision on Ben's punishment is to give enough time for Ben's attorney to get his own private detective's report out on the investigation to the public (and to Goodell) so that when they do make their decision on suspension time/fine that fans and media won't balk (and drag out the torches and pitchforks) at what might be considered "going lightly" without Ben's side out there?

Ben's attorney was with him when he visited Goodell and they were there for like three hours...there is a pretty good possibility this was discussed and perhaps asked for.

Crazy? Am I down the rabbit hole alone on this one?

The more likely reason would be that they don't want the distraction leading into the schedule release and the draft next week.

They could also be postponing it as a favor to the Rooneys to give them the best possible positioning for a trade with any interested parties. A four week suspension could affect his value.

MattsMe
04-15-2010, 09:56 PM
I would issue a formal statement asking fans to stop clogging up Steelers message boards with redundant pointless threads about me.

And I would issue this statement, and in the future only speak publicly, through the "ben ben ben ben ben ben ben ben" thread. :chuckle:

groundhogday
04-15-2010, 09:57 PM
I'm starting to think we need unload this guy. If the Rams are game for the reported 1st this year and next I say do it. Maybe they will throw in Carriker so we get younger on the DL.

NJarhead
04-15-2010, 09:58 PM
Because he and most other people probably don't even remember or care anymore. That is exactly what is going to happen with Ben. All it was in Bettis' case was an accusation and that is all we have with Ben here. All of the people calling for Ben to be run out of town will be the same ones praising him in a couple years.

How many times was Bettis accused in a one year span? If Ben never even kissed that girl, he still made a piss-poor decision, while already defending an accusation. That sound like a smart person to you? Would you be saying that if it was Flacco or Brees?

bigbenrules4000
04-15-2010, 09:59 PM
I have never been on a forum where people were so uptight. No wonder people are always leaveing this form and saying unnice things aout it.

LukesDad88
04-15-2010, 09:59 PM

Yes, I do know that. I also know that case ended up being a setup to try to extort money. It's the same category I dismissed (and still do) the McNulty case with Ben. That's why I wasn't upset last year.

Prok
04-15-2010, 10:02 PM

I've been on Ben's side in this thing and I won't change that either. But even I admit he needs to face the music for his part of this whole shitstorm. I'd say 2 games suspended WITHOUT pay would do.

But like others have said, this DA chose not to go after him for a good reason. Make no mistake, if this guy had a strong case he'd be getting media attention for alot longer than he did.

We really need to get this behind us and start looking forward IMO.

SteelCityMom
04-15-2010, 10:03 PM
I would issue a formal statement asking fans to stop clogging up Steelers message boards with redundant pointless threads about me.

And I would issue this statement, and in the future only speak publicly, through the "ben ben ben ben ben ben ben ben" thread. :chuckle:

:rofl:

Good stuff.

Shea
04-15-2010, 10:05 PM
I have never been on a forum where people were so uptight. No wonder people are always leaveing this form and saying unnice things aout it.

This coming from someone who just now remembered she was a member?

How the hell do you know what goes on here?

Stone
04-15-2010, 10:07 PM
The more likely reason would be that they don't want the distraction leading into the schedule release and the draft next week.

They could also be postponing it as a favor to the Rooneys to give them the best possible positioning for a trade with any interested parties. A four week suspension could affect his value.

Oh well fine! At least throw me a carrot then so at least I'm not sittin' in the old rabbit hole I've dug for myself without anything to eat!

bigbenrules4000
04-15-2010, 10:08 PM
I hear talk on other forums and I alway new I was a member.

SH-Rock
04-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Tebow to the Steelers?

LukesDad88
04-15-2010, 10:09 PM
Hey, I hope you're right, though!

I'd be careful about tossing your carrots into strange holes, though. That's what has Ben in trouble.

bigbenrules4000
04-15-2010, 10:10 PM
I'm starting to think we need unload this guy. If the Rams are game for the reported 1st this year and next I say do it. Maybe they will throw in Carriker so we get younger on the DL.

Give me one good reason why the Steelers should get rid of our 2 time Super Bowl winning QB?

X-Terminator
04-15-2010, 10:12 PM

Yes. Yes you are.

And if you are really all butt-hurt because someone dares disagree with you, may I suggest you grow some thicker skin? Again, this is coming from someone who agrees with you that Ben should NOT be traded over this incident. I don't even completely agree with a suspension, but I know he's going to get one.

If you have an opinion, it's going to be challenged. Period. Either deal with it or leave. I really could care less.

ETL
04-15-2010, 10:13 PM
If I am not mistaken, Kobe was even charged for rape - and now he's the darling of the NBA doing commercials, charities, etc...

Kobe has given a road map. Lay low ... for a few years and succeed on the field. America is a forgiving country.

Here are some other successful celebrities who have done well after sexual assault accusations and charges:

1. Bill Crosby
2. Clarence Thomas
3. Arnold Schwartznegger
4. Jerome Bettis

Shoes
04-15-2010, 10:14 PM
Give me one good reason why the Steelers should get rid of our 2 time Super Bowl winning QB?

TEBOW, TEBOW, TEBOW :chuckle:

Stone
04-15-2010, 10:20 PM
Hey, I hope you're right, though!

I'd be careful about tossing your carrots into strange holes, though. That's what has Ben in trouble.

Good point! Thanks for the tip!

SteelerEmpire
04-15-2010, 10:24 PM
http://ll-media.tmz.com/2010/04/15/0312-ben-officer-bn-union.jpg

Article:
The cop who first investigated Ben Roethlisberger for sexual assault has "resigned" in the wake of the release of a police report that shows he may have referred to the accuser as a "f*cking bitch" ... but **Z has learned the cop didn't really have a choice. The Cop in Roethlisberger Case turned in his resignation yesterday. He had been with the force for 8 years. In the report, investigators claim that on the night of the alleged incident, Blash admitted that after he encountered the accuser, he may have made a comment similar to "this f*cking bitch is drunk" or "this bitch is drunk off her ass accusing Ben of assaulting her." Investigators also report that on the night of the incident, Blash informed the accuser and her friends that "Roethlisberger has a lot of money" and if the women were to follow through with a police report, they "would be wasting their time." Law enforcement sources tell **Z Blash was given a lose-lose option -- resign...or be fired. FYI -- Blash is the same guy who posed for photos with Ben hours before he was approached by the alleged victim outside the Capital City nightclub in Georgia.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/15/ben-roethlisberger-sergeant-jerry-blash-officer-cop-quit-resign-milledgeville-police-rape-sexual-assault/#comments
---------------------

I wish I knew cops that cool... :applaudit: This guy 'might' be the most important single reason/ perspective ...why Ben got off...

SteelCityMom
04-15-2010, 10:27 PM

You just have no clue as to how to debate your opinion in an intelligent way. I've been here for well over a year now, and disagree with A LOT of people on a A LOT of different issues. I've never had one real problem with anyone though. You've got to know how to stand up for your words and respectfully disagree with others.

billybob49
04-15-2010, 10:35 PM

I,m not a newbe troll . Everyone on here knows me . lol

steelpinstripe72
04-15-2010, 10:36 PM
A franchise QB is the face of your organization. He's the one person that needs to lead and inspire his team. A franchise quarterback is not doubted by his #1 wide receiver. A franchise quarterback is not chastised by his backup for not being a leader. A franchise quarterback does not face maximum suspensions for conduct policies.

This. Right here. Some people around here are saying, "get off your high horse," "you guys were ok with Najeh, Harrison, etc," etc, but want to know something? What the players do reflects on the organization they play for. In Ben's case, being a 2x Super Bowl winning QB and all, this is magnified. Kids look up to him. He claims to be a man of God. Being a woman of God, I will forgive him. But right now, I just feel really uncomfortable. People are like, "Oh, you're a Steelers fan? [insert rude comment about Ben here]" I just turn the other cheek, but I'd be lying if I said this wasn't going to get really old by training camp. I'm not saying trade him - although if the Rooneys do that, it's their call - but something does need to be done, because, judging from his statement, he hasn't gotten the message. Suspension, counseling...something.

steelwalls
04-15-2010, 10:37 PM
my 2cents you dont get rid of him unless he's proven gulity of something...period. Make it manditory that he attend alcohol classes, and stop drinking, as most of his problems seem to stem from him not being able to drink and act in a way that does not put him in bad situations. Honestly though Ben should stop drinking for Ben.

That being said this all just stinks to high heaven and I dont really know where the smell is comming from. Im sure there's more to the story than we know, or maybe its less? You just never can tell. I would absolutly HATE to see Ben go, but if he were ever to be convicted of a sexual crime...bye bye.. no questions asked.

billybob49
04-15-2010, 10:53 PM
Even if they are entertaining ideas about trading "THE BIG BEN " , it would not matter .Our team is exactly that .....a team , made up of 53 men . If only one man controls the whole teams destiny , then we are in trouble anyway . I said early in this thread , that the general consensus is that most of us fans like Ben .
If the direction we decide to go is without him , i know we will survive .
I believe right now it is up to Ben to make things right . This team did not do something wrong to Ben . Just the fact of him being such a negative distraction on his own is cause enough for concern . Even in most myths there is some sort of fact involved . This fact is that Ben is now under the microscope . The next fact is who put him in that position . The team ? :noidea:

steelerohio
I would just keep working, put it behind me, take whatever punishment is coming to me, then go on with the season after said punishment. In the meantime, work on counseling and whatever I need, and try to win back some respect I lost by not avoiding idiotic spectacle.

From what i understand from the Rooney statement I've read today, I get the feeling they're giving him one more chance. If I were him, I'd make the most of every opportunity that this one last chancenprovides.

LukesDad88
my 2cents you dont get rid of him unless he's proven gulity of something...period. Make it manditory that he attend alcohol classes, and stop drinking, as most of his problems seem to stem from him not being able to drink and act in a way that does not put him in bad situations. Honestly though Ben should stop drinking for Ben.

That being said this all just stinks to high heaven and I dont really know where the smell is comming from. Im sure there's more to the story than we know, or maybe its less? You just never can tell. I would absolutly HATE to see Ben go, but if he were ever to be convicted of a sexual crime...bye bye.. no questions asked.

+1

But he wasn't convicted. In the end he wasn't even charged, but the DA made it fairly obvious that he wasn't necessarily innocent either. My upset over this comes from being a fan. Not just of the Steelers, but of Ben too. All the stuff about him being a jackass, I don't care. Rude? It's his prerogative. Not smart, IMO, but I can look past it. Nobody was or is demanding Ben to be the greatest guy in the world. I'm not looking for him to win the Walter Payton Man of the Year Award.

His defenders on here are tossing out alot of arguments. The biggest being a 2x SB Winning QB, and how great of a player he is. If you are a fan of Ben's, if you truly want to continue to see him play throughout the years; then you should truly hope that this is a "come to Jesus" moment for him. You should hope the Rooneys and the NFL find some way of getting through to this kid and take it, whether it's a suspension or trade or whatever, because this does go far beyond the game and any Lombardy Trophies. This is a young man's life, a life that he is perilously close to throwing away. One more bruise, one more small sample of DNA, and we wouldn't be talking how many weeks of suspension, we'd be talking about how many years in jail. That goes beyond a damn football game.

tony hipchest
04-15-2010, 10:59 PM
there you have it.

i knew it was just a matter of time before it was revealed by authorities that she was a "f*cking bitch".

case closed.

Shea
04-15-2010, 11:02 PM

Article:

I wish I knew cops that cool... :applaudit: This guy 'might' be the most important single reason/ perspective ...why Ben got off...

Yeah, he's so super-duper cool. :rolleyes:

Are you for real? :dang:

NJarhead
04-15-2010, 11:07 PM
I am with you on that.

Oh and I am not a troll. I have an account on here for a while and forgot all about it intill today when a friend asked me a question about this place. How mature ignoring me who you know are right.

This coming from someone who just now remembered she was a member?

How the hell do you know what goes on here?

I hear talk on other forums and I alway new I was a member.

:doh: I hate it when that happens.

Yea, we have the reputation of being the only sports forum on the web with conversations where folks get "uptight." :rolleyes:

tony hipchest
04-15-2010, 11:10 PM

Crazy? Am I down the rabbit hole alone on this one?probably not, but it is all about ratings. roger goodell is secretly loving all the attention that ben, holmes, and marshall are bringing the nfl this week. he even had to delay the release of the schedule to the latest date in memory for a pre draft ratings sweep. the draft is taking up a full 3 days (2 during prime time).

all in the meanwhile the nhl and nba playoffs are starting along with the mlb and leaving their commissioners wondering how in the hell is the nfl capable of stealing so many viewers.

And I would issue this statement, and in the future only speak publicly, through the "ben ben ben ben ben ben ben ben" thread. :chuckle:i second this motion.

SteelerEmpire
04-15-2010, 11:12 PM
Yeah, he's so super-duper cool. :rolleyes:

Are you for real? :dang:

LOL ... any cop that says this to an accuser: "Roethlisberger has a lot of money" and if the women were to follow through with a police report, they "would be wasting their time." .... is cool with me... esp when he thinks the accuser is in the wrong... when normally they would just keep their mouth closed, take the report, and be done with it...

madtowndrunkard
04-15-2010, 11:14 PM
My thoughts exactly. Ben's legal team needs to get that message out there.

The reason no charges were made:

#1 You will not win any case when the accuser is so piss drunk she can't stand up....let alone remember accurately what happened.

#2 You will not win any case when the drunk accuser is also wearing a sticker that says "down to F@#$"

Sorry but that isn't going to go over very well w/ any jury.

As soon as the DA read the two above facts surrounding the case he probably shut the book and moved onto his next case.

There are enough witnesses though to convict Ben of being a scum bag. He's clearly very over baring and aggressive when it comes to women and sex. I suspect this will not be the last run in with Ben. Too many stories from teammates and others that he's just a jerk. His ego is so out of control he pretty much thinks he can treat others any way he wants. If I'm the team owner I don't think I'd be too comfortable investing millions into this guy, let alone putting the future of your franchise on him. I'd trade him while he still had value.

Granted he didn't take part in covering up a double murder....so I think ESPN could quickly turn his reputation around pretty quick.

LukesDad88
04-15-2010, 11:17 PM
They just extracted enough DNA from King Tut's mummy to determine who his parents were.

If there was not enough DNA on that girl, than there was no sex, no rape. Period.

The investigation wasn't rape, it was sexual assault. There is a difference.

madtowndrunkard
04-15-2010, 11:21 PM

No actually they can mean the same thing.

steelerschik
04-15-2010, 11:26 PM

Hi there! New here, but old time fan. This is why I decided to join. Forums can sometimes be intimidating, but since I love my Steelers as much as I love my husband and family (ok, maybe more, lol), I wanted to join in here, with fellow Steelers fans. That said, I was under the assumption that this wasn't a rape case either, but then the DA in his presser said the word "rape", so does that mean it was indeed a rape case? All this is getting too much for me and I'm getting confused what exactly he was being potentially charged with. I'm a nurse for 22 years and I know how important DNA is and I also know how much/little is needed to get a sample. If this was indeed rape and they're saying there wasn't enough DNA for comparison, then there was no way in the world this was rape. You only need a drop for confirmation. Assault is definitely different, but I could have sworn the DA said "rape". Please correct me if I'm wrong.

steelerdude15
04-15-2010, 11:28 PM
Hi steelerschik and welcome. :wave: I don't remember exactly if he said rape or not... the more and more is brought out, the more I believe this is all fake.

madtowndrunkard
04-15-2010, 11:30 PM
This whole thing is so stereotypical on college campuses. Alleged rape's like this occur on college campuses every weekend. The end result is almost always the same. Girl goes out and gets so drunk she passes out where she shouldn't.....or is just black out drunk. Then a guy (or several) take advantage of the situation and they have their way. I've seen it when I was a teenager....I've seen it at college parties more then once. Hot chick passes out and people start taking their clothes off, painting stuff on their face, feeling them up, taking pictures, etc etc. Add a drunk guy and his freinds to this scenario and you've got trouble.

It's a problem on campuses. It's rape. Young guys need to be told this behavior is not acceptable and should be punished severely. At the same time girls need to understand that they should not put them selves in such situations. It's like taking a stroll in East St. Louis at 12am with your purse hanging out wearing a mini skirt.

steelerschik
04-15-2010, 11:34 PM
Hi steelerschik and welcome. :wave: I don't remember exactly if he said rape or not... the more and more is brought out, the more I believe this is all fake.

Hi and thanks for the welcome. Whew, I was beginning to think I was alone in that thinking! I hate seeing the division of Steelernation, it's sad to me to think we can't all just support each other no matter what our opinions are. I'm 44 and grew up watching the Steelers on my dad's lap and to this day we plan our events around Steelers games and get irrate when my kids' coaches dare to schedule one of their games during a Steelers game. We're such a special fanbase and one I'm so proud to be a part of. I will continue to support this organization and especially the Rooneys, who I was raised to have the utmost respect for. I just feel Ben needs some support and I personally will stand by him and give him a chance to redeem himself. That doesn't mean I like the decisions he's made or situations he's been in, but I'm also not certain what happened that night in Georgia was without consent, and I definitely don't think, no I know, rape could not have occurred without enough DNA evidence. You don't need a keg full, only a drop will do!

mesaSteeler
04-15-2010, 11:36 PM
Hi there! New here, but old time fan. This is why I decided to join. Forums can sometimes be intimidating, but since I love my Steelers as much as I love my husband and family (ok, maybe more, lol), I wanted to join in here, with fellow Steelers fans. That said, I was under the assumption that this wasn't a rape case either, but then the DA in his presser said the word "rape", so does that mean it was indeed a rape case? All this is getting too much for me and I'm getting confused what exactly he was being potentially charged with. I'm a nurse for 22 years and I know how important DNA is and I also know how much/little is needed to get a sample. If this was indeed rape and they're saying there wasn't enough DNA for comparison, then there was no way in the world this was rape. You only need a drop for confirmation. Assault is definitely different, but I could have sworn the DA said "rape". Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Welcome!!!

steelerschik
04-15-2010, 11:41 PM
Welcome!!!

Hey there! I love, love, LOVE the articles you post! I told my husband I get more information off this site than even the local news! Thank you for the time you take to post those. I check for new ones everyday and now I can join in discussions about them. Woo hoo!

BTW, you posted one from the Valley I believe, when the Steelers had their BB game at Plum High School. That's where I live, right here in Plum and where my daughter goes. We were at that game and my son is very good friends with Richie Rossi and was right next to him when he was interviewed. I let my son see how close he was to being famous on the Steelersfever, but damn, Richie got all the glory! LOL

tony hipchest
04-15-2010, 11:41 PM
Art Rooney II held a press conference on thursday and revealed that after a lenghty discussion with QB Ben roethlisberger to discuss his commitment to redemption and the image of the team, he too was also raped.

madtowndrunkard
04-15-2010, 11:42 PM

I've read quotes from a few lawyers about this. It doesn't make sense from a prosecutors standpoint for them to find DNA, know it's from a male, but not be able to compare it to Ben's DNA. This simply is not possible according to what I've read.

I recently had a discussion with a cop friend of mine and he brought up something that made sense..... He said "give me a break....she's a college girl. Most likely they found more then one person's DNA. She probably admitted to having multiple partners. This information would have destroyed her case as well as her reputation. What happens if they take Ben's DNA and there is no match? Then the girl is slaughtered in the papers and labeled a ****. The DA would have told the victim this case is not winnable with or with out DNA....especially if you had multiple partners. If a DNA sample was taken from Ben and there wasn't a match or it came out that there were several male DNA samples present you could also kiss any success in a civil suit good bye. "

I think this is the most likely reason they did not need Ben's DNA. They did not want to know ....and they did not want to let out that she had multiple partners. As soon as you use that as evidence it's public information. I'm guessing a girl who wears a shirt that says "down to F###" while doing shots w/ her girl friends isn't a virgin

steelerschik
04-15-2010, 11:48 PM
I've read quotes from a few lawyers about this. It doesn't make sense from a prosecutors standpoint for them to find DNA, know it's from a male, but not be able to compare it to Ben's DNA. This simply is not possible according to what I've read.

I recently had a discussion with a cop friend of mine and he brought up something that made sense..... He said "give me a break....she's a college girl. Most likely they found more then one person's DNA. She probably admitted to having multiple partners. This information would have destroyed her case as well as her reputation. What happens if they take Ben's DNA and there is no match? Then the girl is slaughtered in the papers and labeled a ****. The DA would have told the victim this case is not winnable with or with out DNA....especially if you had multiple partners. If a DNA sample was taken from Ben and there wasn't a match or it came out that there were several male DNA samples present you could also kiss any success in a civil suit good bye. "

I think this is the most likely reason they did not need Ben's DNA. They did not want to know ....and they did not want to let out that she had multiple partners. As soon as you use that as evidence it's public information. I'm guessing a girl who wears a shirt that says "down to F###" while doing shots w/ her girl friends isn't a virgin

OK, this right there! I'm a nurse at UPMC and some of the docs and other nurses were sitting around doing nothing, cause you know that's what we do, lol, and one of the docs said they more than likely found more than 1 strand of DNA which would imply multiple partners. I had thought about that before, but it wasn't until the doctor said it that it actually made sense. It's a medical fact that when more than 1 strand of DNA is found, it is very hard to prove or convict anyone. I also have talked to Dr. Cyril Wecht, we see him a lot, and he has many doubts about this. I'm tending to side with him.

mesaSteeler
04-16-2010, 12:06 AM
If Roethlisberger available, who'd be interested?
http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/04/15/if-roethlisberger-available-whod-be-interested
Posted April 15, 2010 @ 11:04 a.m. ET
By Mike Wilkening

It is Tax Day, so let's lighten the mood with a hypothetical question:

If the Steelers were open to trading Ben Roethlisberger before the NFL draft, who would be their most logical trading partners?

Let me be clear: I have no indication that the Steelers would be interested in dealing Roethlisberger or any clear sense as to the sort of market that would develop. And it seems rather unlikely the Steelers would trade him.

But darn it, let's daydream a little. Also, there's some sentiment in Pittsburgh that a Roethlisberger trade wouldn't be a bad idea for the franchise; Bob Smizik of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette wrote a thoughtful piece on the matter Wednesday.

Let's start by setting aside the teams that would be unlikely to have much interest in Roethlisberger for the following reasons:

• They have an established starting quarterback.

• They have invested heavily in, or are gambling big on, a quarterback who has yet to become a star but has flashed such potential.

Using these criteria, we'll rule out the Bears, Buccaneers, Bengals, Chargers, Chiefs, Colts, Cowboys, Eagles, Falcons, Giants, Jets, Lions, Packers, Patriots, Ravens, Redskins, Saints, Texans, Titans and Vikings. We will also rule out the Browns, for it is unlikely the Steelers would deal their most dynamic offensive player to a division rival.

All told, we've eliminated 21 of the 31 potential trading partners from discussion, leaving us with 10 hypothetical suitors for Roethlisberger. Let's take a closer look at each, with reasons why they could have interest in Roethlisberger if he ever were available in trade: (Teams listed in alphabetical order)

Cardinals — Imagine Roethlisberger in that talent-laden offense. Of course, whether Roethlisberger and head coach Ken Whisenhunt would want to be reunited is another issue altogether; the two reportedly have had a strained relationship at times.

Bills — They desperately need better QB play to compete in the AFC East. The Jets and Dolphins have significantly bolstered their rosters in the offseason, and the Patriots are still formidable. Also, the Bills' new assistant general manager and director of pro personnel, Doug Whaley, was once the Steelers' pro personnel coordinator.

Panthers — Can you see Roethlisberger scrambling, throwing and hitting a streaking Steve Smith in stride? (Aside: with head coach John Fox entering the final year of his contract, rumors of a Roethlisberger-Bill Cowher reunion in 2011 would start immediately.)

Broncos — Roethlisberger would be a significant upgrade over Kyle Orton or Brady Quinn.

Jaguars — They drafted very well last year and have a blue-chip running back in Maurice Jones-Drew. Roethlisberger would give them two stars on offense and could help stir up more interest in the team.

Dolphins — Young Chad Henne has flashed promise, but Roethlisberger could make Miami's offense elite.

Raiders — The Raiders passed on Roethlisberger in the 2004 draft, and their QB play has ranged from inconsistent to abysmal in recent years. Wouldn't they have to consider him if he became available?

Rams — They seem likely to take Oklahoma QB Sam Bradford with the No. 1 overall pick, but if they changed course, Roethlisberger would be a fine alternative.

49ers — Why have Alex Smith and David Carr compete for the starting job when you can give it to Roethlisberger and immediately become NFC West favorites?

Seahawks — They traded for Charlie Whitehurst and still have Matt Hasselbeck, but with Roethlisberger, the Seahawks would have a better shot of winning the division in 2010.

Now that we've put Roethlisberger in charge of 10 new offenses, let's outline the reasons why a trade would be difficult:

• Though he was never charged with a crime in connection with an alleged sexual assault investigated by Georgia authorities, Roethlisberger is nonetheless under close scrutiny by the NFL, which could elect to discipline him under its personal-conduct policy. The Steelers also could punish him, but for purposes of this discussion, the possibility of NFL discipline would be of most relevance to any potential trade partners.

• Roethlisberger is signed for six more seasons, and the money he is due in the years to come could give interested parties pause. He is slated to make $11.6 million in salary in 2011, '12, '13 and '14. His salary-cap number from 2011-13 (assuming the cap ever returns) is scheduled to be $15.8 million. He will be 33 in 2015, the final year of his contract, and he is due $12.1 million in salary. Teams who might consider a trade for Roethlisberger could look at those numbers, note his rugged, hold-the-ball-until-the-last-moment style of play (which opens him to a lot of big hits) and think twice.

• The Steelers' asking price for Roethlisberger, were they to try and trade him, likely would be high, considering his age (28), positional value and résumé. (Yes, I know this argument is weakened somewhat by the fact that they traded WR Santonio Holmes for a mere fifth-round pick this week.) The above factors would not strengthen their bargaining position if they sought to make a deal. Unless the Steelers were motivated to trade him at all costs, would they be able to receive fair value for their franchise quarterback?

My conclusion: Roethlisberger would make the Cardinals and 49ers strong favorites to win their division and perhaps make a playoff run, too. The same also could be said for the Broncos, Dolphins, Jaguars, Panthers and Seahawks. He would help the Bills, Raiders and Rams, too, but probably not enough to capture a division title.

This was fun, wasn't it?

Especially if you're a Bengals, Browns or Ravens fan.

MattsMe
04-16-2010, 12:11 AM
I heard Jeff Hartings retired rather than continue to face the constant groping during "unusually long snap counts."

stillers4me
04-16-2010, 05:08 AM
You think he's cool? That was a pretty stupid thing to say, if you ask me.

steeldawg
04-16-2010, 05:19 AM

Article:
The cop who first investigated Ben Roethlisberger for sexual assault has "resigned" in the wake of the release of a police report that shows he may have referred to the accuser as a "f*cking bitch" ... but **Z has learned the cop didn't really have a choice. The Cop in Roethlisberger Case turned in his resignation yesterday. He had been with the force for 8 years. In the report, investigators claim that on the night of the alleged incident, Blash admitted that after he encountered the accuser, he may have made a comment similar to "this f*cking bitch is drunk" or "this bitch is drunk off her ass accusing Ben of assaulting her." Investigators also report that on the night of the incident, Blash informed the accuser and her friends that "Roethlisberger has a lot of money" and if the women were to follow through with a police report, they "would be wasting their time." Law enforcement sources tell **Z Blash was given a lose-lose option -- resign...or be fired. FYI -- Blash is the same guy who posed for photos with Ben hours before he was approached by the alleged victim outside the Capital City nightclub in Georgia.

http://www.tmz.com/2010/04/15/ben-roethlisberger-sergeant-jerry-blash-officer-cop-quit-resign-milledgeville-police-rape-sexual-assault/#comments
---------------------

'It doesnt really matter he had nothing to do with the investigation.

plenewken
04-16-2010, 07:11 AM

Very interesting. Now, if they found several DNA samples, why couldn't they match each of them against Ben's DNA? When a woman accuses several men of raping her, don't they formally identify all the DNA samples and match them against the DNA of all suspects?

Added: In the GA case, I dunno, but she could have had sex with her boyfriend earlier. This doesn't disprove a possible sexual assault later.

Now her "down to f***" tag is as tasteful and Ben's Satan t-shirt, I'll give you this.

Ricco Suavez
04-16-2010, 07:37 AM

Rape or assault does not matter in this case. By her own words she stated in the report that her and Ben had unprotected sex. Where is the DNA? This whole thing smells fishy. I am not as knowledgeable in DNA matters as I am sure some others may be but if every CSI type show is inaccurate then it does not take much. So you have two supposedly hammered people who have sex or assault, depending on which version, who when through clean up like Mr Clean. Sorry just not buying. But WTH lets just convict the guy through public opinion.

fansince'76
04-16-2010, 07:38 AM
....But WTH lets just convict the guy through public opinion.

That's already happened.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-16-2010, 07:46 AM
Two differenet statements because they are lies.... These girls need to be prosecuted and sent to jail for the same amout of time as somone who raped someone would.
They need to be made an example out of. (Im sure I will be called a tool for this), but the stories dont match up.
Ben should not be punished in anyway becuase he didnt do anything wrong. The girls are wrong in this situation

bigbenrules4000
04-16-2010, 08:19 AM
No is wasn't. It not nice to joke about him being traded. The Rooneys never said they were going to trade Ben.

ARKIESTEEL
04-16-2010, 08:43 AM
Did the young lady get charged for minor in possecion?

SteelerEmpire
04-16-2010, 08:46 AM
'It doesnt really matter he had nothing to do with the investigation.

I disagree...They usually take a statement from all parties that were at the scene and then they consider it during the investigation... This guys statement had to have some effect. As we all know, a cops opinion goes a long way in a case...

ETL
04-16-2010, 08:51 AM
I can't help but think of that SNL song "dick in a box"

pete74
04-16-2010, 08:51 AM
No is wasn't. It not nice to joke about him being traded. The Rooneys never said they were going to trade Ben.

They also never said they wouldn't. There was a report that they talked about it and odds are if a good enough offer comes in they will clean there hands of him. I doubt anyone is willing to pay what he is worth but there is a possibility. I'm sure that's one reason they won't hand down his punishment until after the draft

whatdoiknow
04-16-2010, 08:54 AM
They also never said they wouldn't. There was a report that they talked about it and odds are if a good enough offer comes in they will clean there hands of him. I doubt anyone is willing to pay what he is worth but there is a possibility.

The Steelers also said they would not trade away Troy Polamalu,,,or Hines Ward, Or R.Mendenhall either. So why don't you start a thread that says the Steelers would consider trading all of them ? Because it is JUST as ridiculous as saying that they would consider trading Ben, that's why.

pete74
04-16-2010, 09:01 AM
Maybe because they are not causing the team bad publicity.

I would be curious to know if your IP matches the person who posted above you or another banned members

The steelers never talk about trades to the press. I'm not saying ben will be traded and I hope he won't but there is always a possibility enlight of the recent allegations

bigbenrules4000
04-16-2010, 09:06 AM
Hey Pete I have only one account on here. I would like to know what report you read hat said they talk about getting rid of Ben.

To Whatdoiknow, Thanks you for your post,Its nice to see one else n here defending Ben.

SteelerEmpire
04-16-2010, 09:11 AM
Get prepared to see Batch and Dixon in action a few games this year. Another rubber stamp on a Ben suspention... by a friend of Ben's even....

LINK: http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2010/04/16/earlyshow/leisure/celebspot/main6402225.shtml?tag=stack

Article: Retired star running back Jerome Bettis - a friend and onetime teammate of Ben Roethlisberger - says a suspension is "definitely" in order for the star Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback, in light of details that are emerging about the alleged sexual assault by Roethlisberger of a 20-year-old college student in a suburban Atlanta nightclub early last month.

Bettis told *** News Correspondent ***** Friday the accusations against Roethlisberger "came as a shock" and are out of character. They're not the Roethlisberger he's known, Bettis said.

He added that a two-game suspension would serve notice on Roethlisberger and the rest of the National Football League that these types of actions are unacceptable, adding that Roethlisberger "understands" that now - and may not have before.

Bettis said he thinks Roethlisberger can repair his image, but it's going to be a "long, tedious journey," since many fans are "disgusted" over to the accusations. "The first step," Bettis suggested, "is for him to change the things he's doing in terms of where he goes and the people he has around him."

The two-time Super Bowl winner learned this week he won't be charged with a crime, but still faces likely disciplinary action by the team and perhaps the league, possibly including a suspension.

Newly-released police documents quote the student as telling investigators in Milledgeville, Ga. she tried to get away from Roethlisberger and made it clear she didn't want to have sex with him.

She says he invited her and her some of her friends to the VIP room at the club, where he encouraged them to down numerous shots of alcohol.

The accuser says one of Roethlisberger's bodyguards "sat me on a stool. He left and Ben came back" and exposed himself. "I told him it wasn't OK. He followed me into the bathroom and shut the door."

Then, she says in the police report, "I still said, 'No, this is not OK.' And he then had sex with me."

Prosecutors say they decided against bringing charges against Roethlisberger because the allegations can't be proven beyond a reasonable doubt.

Ocmulgee Circuit District Attorney Fred Bright also revealed the woman asked him not to pursue the case because, she said, of the publicity. Still, the accuser could file a civil suit if she wants to.

"If she did that," points out *** News legal analyst Lisa Bloom, "the burden of proof would be lower. She would just have to prove her case by a preponderance of the evidence, which means she'd have to show the jury it was more likely than not that she was sexually assaulted."

whatdoiknow
04-16-2010, 09:12 AM
Hey Pete I have only one account on here. I would like to know what report you read hat said they talk about getting rid of Ben.

To Whatdoiknow, Thanks you for your post,Its nice to see one else n here defending Ben.

Thanks sir. The only sad thing is is that we..( Some of us )..have to even DEFEND a completely INNOCENT Man!! I mean all of you,,you DO realize that in this country, you are PRESUMMED INNOCENT...Until arrested...Indicted...and FOUND Guilty. And Ben was never even arrested. But I guess national TV and printed media that calls out a player for being just a " Jerk "..is precieved as to doing " Damage " to the NFL and Goodell. Well,,,for the LONGEST of time, WR TO has been a " Jerk " in the NFL...How many games has TO been suspended Roger ?

Yeah, I thought so.

pete74
04-16-2010, 09:13 AM
I never said there getting rid of him. It said they discussed it internally but never talked to other teams

whatdoiknow
04-16-2010, 09:17 AM
Wow! Jerome. Talk about Mr.POT calling Mr.Kettle BLACK!!

POSTED: 5:29 p.m. EDT September 20, 2002
UPDATED: 6:20 p.m. EDT September 20, 2002

Westmoreland County authorities interviewed Steelers running back Jerome Bettis on Friday afternoon, WTAE's Jim Parsons reported.

Sources close to the Steelers told Team 4 that two detectives from the district attorney's office spoke with Bettis at the team's South Side practice facility. The meeting only lasted a few minutes, and it's not known what was said.

Bettis has been accused of sexually assaulting a 22-year-old woman outside Bobby Dale's Restaurant and Lounge in Greensburg. He allegedly forced the woman to perform a sex act in his vehicle.

Also on Friday, Parsons spoke with the alleged victim's husband and an ex-boyfriend of hers. The following is Parsons' report, which aired Friday at 6 p.m. on WTAE Action News.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

His name is Steve, and he is the husband of the woman who accuses Jerome Bettis of sexual assault. We won't tell you his last name or show you his face, because that would identify her.

Steve says he is not surprised that police are investigating whether his wife made up the whole story.

Husband: "She will lie and do whatever she can to get what she wants."

Parsons: "In the case of Jerome Bettis, what would it be that she would want?"

Husband: "Money."

Steve and his wife split up two months ago after a stormy, four-year marriage.

Husband: "She cheated on me a bunch of times, then came and told me about it -- pretty much just to see what I would do, you know?"

What Steve did on a rural road in East Huntingdon Township three years ago was criminal. As Team 4 first reported Wednesday, he and his wife were convicted of assault, harassment and conspiracy in a scheme to set up one of her boyfriends.

Police reports say Steve told the woman to agree to meet with her boyfriend, and they decided on a location. When the woman and her boyfriend drove up to a spot behind the Sony plant, Steve was waiting with a baseball bat and attacked the boyfriend with a baseball bat, breaking his foot and collar bone.

Husband: "I was pretty ticked off. It was my wife, you know what I mean?"

Steve went to jail and his wife got probation. As for the boyfriend, he still considers himself lucky.

Boyfriend: "If he had hit me 3 or 4 inches higher, I would have been dead."

His name is Chris, and he agrees with Steve about the woman whose affections they once shared.

Boyfriend: "Her whole life is kind of like lies upon lies. You can't get a story straight with her half the time."

Both of them, Chris and Steve, say they agreed to talk to Team 4 because they believe Jerome Bettis now stands in the same shoes they once wore.

Husband: "She will do anything she can to get what she wants. She just happened to do it to him this time."

Team 4 has been trying to reach the alleged victim for several days. Her husband told Team 4 that he thinks she went to North Carolina.

District Attorney John Peck could not be reached for comment Friday.

Bettis' lawyer, Robert Del Greco, said he had no comment.

bigbenrules4000
04-16-2010, 09:18 AM
Thanks sir. The only sad thing is is that we..( Some of us )..have to even DEFEND a completely INNOCENT Man!! I mean all of you,,you DO realize that in this country, you are PRESUMMED INNOCENT...Until arrested...Indicted...and FOUND Guilty. And Ben was never even arrested. But I guess national TV and printed media that calls out a player for being just a " Jerk "..is precieved as to doing " Damage " to the NFL and Goodell. Well,,,for the LONGEST of time, WR TO has been a " Jerk " in the NFL...How many games has TO been suspended Roger ?

Yeah, I thought so.

I know how you feel and agree 100% with you.

Oh and Pete you said so yourself that there was a report about it.

pete74
04-16-2010, 09:27 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=tsn-steelershavetalkedbi

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=nfp-report_steelers_have_discussed_trading_roethlisber ger_html-2010415

Edman
04-16-2010, 09:32 AM
I know, like the Steelers will flat out state that they will/will not trade Ben in the media. Who does that honestly?

The fact that there are rumors alone means that the Upper Brass does have plans for Ben. Either on draft day or handing out punishment.

plenewken
04-16-2010, 09:35 AM

Yeah, I thought so.

The league fines players for things happening on the field that the refs didn't call.
From the same token, the league can fine and suspend a player if it considers his behavior unbecoming a professional football player.
An employer (the Steelers in this case) can bench a player if it considers that the player is acting improperly/unprofessionally. Hampton being out of shape, Mendenhall not putting the effort etc ...............
The Rooneys can tell Ben, "it's our way or the highway" and Ben can't do squat about it. At the end of the day, whoever pays him has the right to impose his views.
Should Ben sue the beef jerky sponsor who dumped him too?

SteelCityMom
04-16-2010, 09:36 AM
You may think of it as a joke but it just shows how immature you people are.

Geez...pick one already. Are we too uptight or do we joke around too much.

Maybe you just need to get a thicker skin and realize that other people really do have other opinions and emotions apart from your own.

pete74
04-16-2010, 09:37 AM
The league fines players for things happening on the field that the refs didn't call.
From the same token, the league can fine and suspend a player if it considers his behavior unbecoming a professional football player.
An employer (the Steelers in this case) can bench a player if it considers that the player is acting improperly/unprofessionally. Hampton being out of shape, Mendenhall not putting the effort etc ...............
The Rooneys can tell Ben, "it's our way or the highway" and Ben can't do squat about it. At the end of the day, whoever pays him has the right to impose his views.

Good post

Men of Steel
04-16-2010, 09:43 AM
maybe the cop resigned cuz ben cut him a big fat check for his services? :noidea:

just sayin.... :chuckle:

Ricco Suavez
04-16-2010, 09:43 AM
I vaguely remember this happening. Does anyone remember if The Bus was suspended?

whatdoiknow
04-16-2010, 09:45 AM

The league fines players for things the Refs DON'T call cause they have DOCUMENTED..( Meanning PROOF )..on Video. The Steelers can fine Casey Hampton for being out of shape...cause they can actually SEE THE FAT Man.
Or can SEE how Mendenhall is not giving the effort at Practice...All of those examples you gave can be PROVEN...DOCUMENTED....Can you PROVE that the things that have been SAID..( Not PROVED...NOT DOCUMENTED )..are true about Ben ?

Again...I thought so!

whatdoiknow
04-16-2010, 09:47 AM
No he was not. Even though all of this actually spilled over on to the Steelers first hand..at their facility...no Jerome was never suspended,,,fined,,,or called out by The " Hypocrites that ARE the Rooney's.

seven86
04-16-2010, 09:51 AM
"I'm pretty confident," Bettis, who played two seasons with Roethlisberger, said of the quarterback's innocence. "I know Ben. I know his character, and this is not representative of the type of person that he is. I really believe he will be vindicated and he will be out on the field."

Bettis said he has not spoken to Roethlisberger since the Georgia investigation was announced March 5, but he said his advice to the younger player would be to "keep your head down and take care of business. Don't let the situation affect you as a person."

Bettis said he wouldn't want Roethlisberger to change.

"So many times guys will be in a position like this and it will affect them internally," he said. "It makes you not as nice a person as you were before. If you understand that what you did is nothing wrong there, then stand by that. Be steadfast. I don't think from that standpoint he's going to change, and I just hope he doesn't."

Roethlisberger was drinking at a Milledgeville, Ga., bar frequented by college students when the alleged assault of a 20-year-old woman took place.

Would Bettis advise the quarterback to be more careful in public?

"It's hard to say because you don't know what actually happened," he said. "You could say, ‘Yeah, maybe he shouldn't go out to a college party.' But the guy is not married. The guy has to live, enjoy his life as well. That's a difficult question."

SteelCityMom
04-16-2010, 09:53 AM
No he was not. Even though all of this actually spilled over on to the Steelers first hand..at their facility...no Jerome was never suspended,,,fined,,,or called out by The " Hypocrites that ARE the Rooney's.

Ben was never suspended the first time he was accused either. Bettis was never accused of anything like this ever again.

plenewken
04-16-2010, 09:53 AM
The league fines players for things the Refs DON'T call cause they have DOCUMENTED..( Meanning PROOF )..on Video. The Steelers can fine Casey Hampton for being out of shape...cause they can actually SEE THE FAT Man.
Or can SEE how Mendenhall is not giving the effort at Practice...All of those examples you gave can be PROVEN...DOCUMENTED....Can you PROVE that the things that have been SAID..( Not PROVED...NOT DOCUMENTED )..are true about Ben ?

Again...I thought so!

Mendenhall not putting the effort is highly subjective. There's no absolute proof of it, it's a judgement call.
Nobody will ask the Steelers to prove anything cause they don't have to. It's their call, fair or unfair ain't the issue.

klick81
04-16-2010, 09:57 AM
I read the statements these drunk hos wrote. They're full of speculation and no actual evidence of any wrong doing. If anything, their own statements show that they were out looking to be picked up by some dude. Nevermind the fact that they just "happened" to go into every bar minutes after Ben and his peeps arrived.

This cop had nothing to do with Ben getting off.

whatdoiknow
04-16-2010, 09:59 AM
Mendenhall not putting the effort is highly subjective. There's no absolute proof of it, it's a judgement call.
Nobody will ask the Steelers to prove anything cause they don't have to. It's their call, fair or unfair ain't the issue.

Actually it is the Issue. A team like Pittsburgh cannot punish Ben JUST for getting his name in the papers on allegations that were not, and I say again NOT proved. When other Steeler players, both past & present also have gotten their names, as well as the " Steelers : name in the papers for egregious actions, e.g., Jerome Bettis sexual assault allegation. James Harrison's Domestic Abuse case. M.Smith's MULTIPLE Drug offenses. And ALL of those players were never punished in ANY way by the Rooney's. So if Ben is, then Ben has a " Drop Dead " solid Lawsuit against the Rooney's for holding HIM to a higher standard than other players on the same team.

Get it now Boy ? Understand ?

steelreserve
04-16-2010, 10:01 AM
OMG WHAT IS THIS GUY TALKING ABOUT ITS NOT LIKE HE WAS THERE SO HE CAN STFU & HASNT HE EVER HEARD OF INNOCENT UNTIL PROVEN GUILTY. ITS NOT LIKE ANY OF U HAVEN'T EVER TRIED TO HOOK UP WITH SOME CHICK AT A BAR. JUST ANOTHER GUY WILLING TO THROW BEN UNDER THE BUS @ THE 1ST SIGN OF TROUBLE BUT THEN WHEN HES THROWING FOR 400 YARDS NEXT SEASON YOULL BE RIGHT BACK THERE CHEERING FOR HIM AGAIN I MEAN SERIOUSLY WTF WHAT A BUNCH OF HIPOCRITES

whatdoiknow
04-16-2010, 10:02 AM
Ben was never suspended the first time he was accused either. Bettis was never accused of anything like this ever again.

And in Ben's first allegation, there was never any spill over on to the team..( At practice )..like Jerome's. Ben's alligation never was reported to the police, and never even brought out until the following year. Jerome's case WAS Immediately reported to the police, and was Investigated. Therefor meanning it was a LEGIT Investigation. As where with Ben...there was NEVER a Investigation.

Are we learning yet my little Son ?

klick81
04-16-2010, 10:11 AM
Who in their right mind would compare these two events? One was proven to be completely false. The other IMO can't be proven either way.

pete74
04-16-2010, 10:15 AM
Actually it is the Issue. A team like Pittsburgh cannot punish Ben JUST for getting his name in the papers on allegations that were not, and I say again NOT proved. When other Steeler players, both past & present also have gotten their names, as well as the " Steelers : name in the papers for egregious actions, e.g., Jerome Bettis sexual assault allegation. James Harrison's Domestic Abuse case. M.Smith's MULTIPLE Drug offenses. And ALL of those players were never punished in ANY way by the Rooney's. So if Ben is, then Ben has a " Drop Dead " solid Lawsuit against the Rooney's for holding HIM to a higher standard than other players on the same team.

Actually they can and will punish him

steelreserve
04-16-2010, 10:18 AM
This cop had nothing to do with Ben getting off.

Dude ... you just gave the perfect setup for a HORRIBLE punchline, but even I'd be a bit appalled at myself for actually saying it.

Nadroj 20
04-16-2010, 10:20 AM
And in Ben's first allegation, there was never any spill over on to the team..( At practice )..like Jerome's. Ben's alligation never was reported to the police, and never even brought out until the following year. Jerome's case WAS Immediately reported to the police, and was Investigated. Therefor meanning it was a LEGIT Investigation. As where with Ben...there was NEVER a Investigation.

There was never an investigation because she just came to the police a year later.

Arent they now though?

whatdoiknow
04-16-2010, 10:25 AM
There was never an investigation because she just came to the police a year later.

Arent they now though?

Actually, she NEVER went to the police, even a year later. She got a private Attorney and filed a 100,000 dollar CIVIL Lawsuit against Ben. And Ben was SO outraged over her claim that Ben to this Date has spent about 3 times MORE than the 100,000 she asked for JUST to defend his good name. So as I said,,there was no first time against Ben. So saying the Georgia Incident was his second accusation is just stupidity by everyone.

jjpro11
04-16-2010, 10:29 AM
the Bettis case was obviously BS.. and don't forget that was a different time in the NFL. suspensions weren't handed out like they are today.

NJarhead
04-16-2010, 10:32 AM
The Steelers also said they would not trade away Troy Polamalu,,,or Hines Ward, Or R.Mendenhall either. So why don't you start a thread that says the Steelers would consider trading all of them ? Because it is JUST as ridiculous as saying that they would consider trading Ben, that's why.

You two need to familiarize yourselves with page 1/ post 1 of this thread.

NJarhead
04-16-2010, 10:37 AM

Again...I thought so!

OJ Simpson was acquitted in the criminal court, but found liable in a civil suit. If Ben was to find himself in Civil Court, he'd be found guilty; no question about it. Quit trying to play the technicality BS. Your QB might very well be a scum bag.

I'm at the point where my concern is becoming "will we get value for him before any more crap comes out."

A week ago he was likely looking at 2-4 game suspension. It's definitely beyond 4 games now. He'll also owe the Steelers some $$.

SteelCityMom
04-16-2010, 10:38 AM

My little son? Who the hell do you think you are talking to people like that? In case you can't read...I'm a female.

And no spill over on to the team from the first allegation? Are you kidding me? Have you even ever been to a Steelers practice or training camp to know? Believe me, there was spill over. More than there ever was for Jerome's situation. If Jerome had ever been involved in another incident, civil or otherwise, like he was before...he'd have been disciplined as well...guilty or not. The only reason Ben is still on the team is because of who he is. Get used to that.

NJarhead
04-16-2010, 10:40 AM

Listen little fella, You are wrong. Not only CAN they punish him, they ARE going to exercise their right to.

GET IT "BOY?" UNDERSTAND? Or do I need to break out the easel and draw you a picture?

NJarhead
04-16-2010, 10:41 AM
Actually they can and will punish him

Exactly. It's like clapping with one hand with some of these people. :doh:

SteelCityMom
04-16-2010, 10:42 AM
Actually, she NEVER went to the police, even a year later. She got a private Attorney and filed a 100,000 dollar CIVIL Lawsuit against Ben. And Ben was SO outraged over her claim that Ben to this Date has spent about 3 times MORE than the 100,000 she asked for JUST to defend his good name. So as I said,,there was no first time against Ben. So saying the Georgia Incident was his second accusation is just stupidity by everyone.

Ummm...McNulty publicly ACCUSED him of rape. That counts. And she's suing for a lot more than 100k. Just because she filed in a civil court and not a criminal court doesn't mean that she isn't ACCUSING him of a sexual crime.

whatdoiknow
04-16-2010, 10:44 AM
the Bettis case was obviously BS.. and don't forget that was a different time in the NFL. suspensions weren't handed out like they are today.

Good point. That was years ago, BEFORE the Goodell Era. By the way,,,how many games was Bill Belichick suspended for, for ABSOLUTELY Breaking the " Black letter Law " of Illegally taping other teams practices ? Or the Pats players like Tom Brady who knew about it ? And as for bringing a " Dark Cloud " over the league with his actions,,even if not charged,,,how many games has T.Owens ever been suspended under Goodell for all his antics ? Or our own James Harrison for slapping around the mother of his child ? Or Jeff Reed for not one, but TWO different Incidents ?

Yeah,,the one thing I LOVE about Good Ole Roger Goodell is his
" Consistency "..( Insert Sarcasm here ):rofl:

Fire Haley
04-16-2010, 10:47 AM
Ben's penis just paid his retirement check.

bigbenrules4000
04-16-2010, 10:47 AM
How come anytime some posts a view on here that is NOT what the common brain is thinking on here you all get bent out of shape. I agree with what whatdoiknow has been saying he ahs made some good points. Wy don't you pratice what your preaching and let everyone have their own opinon on the matter. Like you guys have said to be "sometimes people will say stuff you disagree with so just let it be"

bigbenrules4000
04-16-2010, 10:49 AM
Yeah the Rooneys can punish Ben but that don't mean he is going to be traded or suspended either!!!!

Steelers>NFL
04-16-2010, 10:54 AM
:chuckle::chuckle:

http://www.blogcdn.com/backporch.fanhouse.com/media/2010/04/ben-roethlisberger-haircut-bp.jpg

is it an improvement?? i was sitting at a bar with my wife on monday, watching the "i'm sorry speech" being read, and i turned to my wife and said : "why didn't someone tell him to get a haircut?" it's about time. i would've guess he was trying to look the part of a guy who nails chicks against their consent in a bathroom.

do you like the new look?
If he had dark hair, he'd look like former WWe superstar Razor Ramon (Scott Hall).
Who is known for saying "Hey Yo"!... :rofl:

NJarhead
04-16-2010, 10:57 AM
How come anytime some posts a view on here that is NOT what the common brain is thinking on here you all get bent out of shape. I agree with what whatdoiknow has been saying he ahs made some good points. Wy don't you pratice what your preaching and let everyone have their own opinon on the matter. Like you guys have said to be "sometimes people will say stuff you disagree with so just let it be"

Who's getting bent out of shape??? Do you have emotional issues or something?
By all means, share your view. And we will share ours.

Yeah the Rooneys can punish Ben but that don't mean he is going to be traded or suspended either!!!!

Yet, it's being/has been discussed. Why don't you wake up.

NJarhead
04-16-2010, 11:00 AM

Again...I thought so!

Now, who's getting bent out of shape? Sounds like a couple of punks don't like being treated like a couple of punks to me. :noidea:

Guess that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

Fire Haley
04-16-2010, 11:11 AM
http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com/pg/images/201004/mh_roethlisberger_01_330.jpg

http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com/pg/images/201004/panchak_rooney_presser_4_330.jpg

Sharkissle29
04-16-2010, 11:47 AM
he definitely looked the part

fansince'76
04-16-2010, 11:58 AM
I really couldn't care less about how he looks. The whole haircut thing is as stupid as making a big deal about his shirt.

This.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
04-16-2010, 12:30 PM
Booo!

plenewken
04-16-2010, 12:30 PM

What part of they own the team, pay the players and decide how they want them to behave on and off the field don't you understand?
Like I wrote before, the Steelers' code of conduct is pretty much the Rooney's way or the highway, plain and simple. Even Ben who's not the brightest bulb of the chandelier understands it.
As for the other Steelers not being suspended, I don't know why the Rooneys didn't sanction them and I assume they had their reasons. It was their call and I respect it. By the way, even if I think that they were wrong in being too lenient, they don't have to continue down this path.
Suggesting that Ben has a solid case for suing the Rooneys if they sanction him is completely asinine.

whatdoiknow
04-16-2010, 12:50 PM
Actually, no business in the US can Cherry-pick punishments, and neither can a NFL team. You can't have a specific conduct rule for one player, and not another. That does not apply to players having written agreements about ones weight, or something simular. We are talking a " Basic Moral code of conduct. And that applies to EVERYONE. And if it is not, then a Employee can, and WILL have a Mother F'ing Lawsuit against ANY Company/Business/NFL team.

NJarhead
04-16-2010, 12:53 PM
Actually, no business in the US can Cherry-pick punishments, and neither can a NFL team. You can't have a specific conduct rule for one player, and not another. That does not apply to players having written agreements about ones weight, or something simular. We are talking a " Basic Moral code of conduct. And that applies to EVERYONE. And if it is not, then a Employee can, and WILL have a Mother F'ing Lawsuit against ANY Company/Business/NFL team.

Policy IS the same for all. The offenses and punishments are the variable. Ben IS guilty of conduct unbecoming and NFL player and he WILL be punished and that punishment WILL include a suspension and monetary loss. He may also end up in another city and there will be not a damn thing he can do about it other than appeal.

Let me just assure you that Ben will not be seeking a law suit against the Steelers or the NFL in any way, shape or form.

7SteelGal43
04-16-2010, 12:55 PM
Isnt this part of the reason WHY we are fans of the Pittsburgh Steelers?

ADIOS :cya:

well said :applaudit:

Edman
04-16-2010, 01:03 PM
The Rooneys can do whatever the hell they want with Ben. Punish Him, Trade Him, whatever.

Ben signed the contract and is a representative of their product and brand. Ben with his offseason antics has hurt their product and now they (The Rooneys) are facing a PR Nightmare amongst fans and local media with some pretty serious accusations.

They will punish him accordingly. Ship him off and become someone else's headache, or stick it out with him and hope he improves his behavior, which unfortunately, Ben has shown little indication of doing, since this is the THIRD time he's been in the news for the wrong reasons. All of these details coming out are not helping out his case.

Personally, he's run out of chances with me and I don't care what happens to the bum.

pete74
04-16-2010, 01:04 PM

Do you honestly not watch the news? Ben will be punished by the NFL. It dosnt matterwhat you belive

JGVa
04-16-2010, 01:06 PM
Work the damage control, restore the image, bust my butt preparing for the upcoming season and most importantly - keep my head out of my ass.

NJarhead
04-16-2010, 01:07 PM
They can all go to hell. Seriously. I'm done being a fan if they trade him for their image. **** them.

Bye! :wave:

NJarhead
04-16-2010, 01:08 PM
well said :applaudit:

Agreed. :applaudit:

plenewken
04-16-2010, 01:09 PM
It's not a matter of cherry picking, it's a matter of changing the code of conduct and sanctions over time. Same thing with changing the rules of the game.

T.Richardson
04-16-2010, 02:09 PM
right now.. I hope the Steelers trade Ben. The fans do not deserve a QB like Ben, after the treatment you guys have given him, and the future treatment i know pittsburgh will give him. Fans are usually behind there franchise QB like Ben's fellow teammates. But you guys, not pittsburgh fans.. no. you just continually bash Ben, say he is a rapist.. blah blah.

NJarhead
04-16-2010, 02:16 PM
right now.. I hope the Steelers trade Ben. The fans do not deserve a QB like Ben, after the treatment you guys have given him, and the future treatment i know pittsburgh will give him. Fans are usually behind there franchise QB like Ben's fellow teammates. But you guys, not pittsburgh fans.. no. you just continually bash Ben, say he is a rapist.. blah blah.

He may be a sociopath; he may be a scumbag. I don't know and I never calle dhim a rapist.

But I am more a fan of my team than of any one player. Especially one who keeps bringing negative publicity to us. Maybe you aren't truly a fan of the team..., or have any morals.

T.Richardson
04-16-2010, 02:25 PM
He may be a sociopath; he may be a scumbag. I don't know and I never calle dhim a rapist.

But I am more a fan of my team than of any one player. Especially one who keeps bringing negative publicity to us. Maybe you aren't truly a fan of the team..., or have any morals.

i just dont like it when fans dont stand behind there QB in tough situations.

plenewken
04-16-2010, 02:30 PM

Should we all sing Kumbaya?

Cmdurand21
04-16-2010, 02:36 PM
Instead of petty bickering over whether or not he should/not be traded. Why don't you talk about the trade packages that you'd be happy with, if it actually happened (and then bicker about that). The teams that would be candidates are: Bills, Dolphins, Browns, Jags, Titans, Broncos, Oakland, Eagles, Redskins, Vikings, Panthers, Cardinals, Rams, 49ers and Seahawks. That's 15 teams without a perspective future or current franchise QB.

If he got traded to the Browns, I may burn the city to the ground :chuckle:.

I assume that Tomlin might stick with Dixon if we traded Ben, and probably draft an insurance QB this year or wait to see how he performs and evaluate the draft needs next year. For fun, here a couple samples that i put together.

Buffalo trades 1st pick(2010), 3rd pick (2010), 1st pick(2011) and Marshawn Lynch for Ben

Redskins trade 1st pick(2010), 3rd pick (2010), 1st pick(2011) and Jason Campbell for Ben

Oakland trades 1st pick(2010), 3rd pick (2010), 3rd pick (2011) and Nnamdi Asomugha for Ben

Just samples didn't give it a lot of thought so give me a break before you tell me how stupid I am.

Go Steelers, Go Pens.

NJarhead
04-16-2010, 02:40 PM

Stood behind him after the motorcycle accident.
Stood behind him when he bashed Cowher.
Stood behind him when he sucked in SBXL
Stood behind him when some bimbo in Nevada made an accusation.
Stood behind him in this one right up until I couldn't turn a blind eye to the fact that "something" was rotten in Denmark.

I don't want a scumbag (no matter what his pedigree) as the face of my franchise. THAT is true fanhood IMO.

NJarhead
04-16-2010, 02:42 PM
Instead of petty bickering over whether or not he should/not be traded. Why don't you talk about the trade packages that you'd be happy with, if it actually happened (and then bicker about that). The teams that would be candidates are: Bills, Dolphins, Browns, Jags, Titans, Broncos, Oakland, Eagles, Redskins, Vikings, Panthers, Cardinals, Rams, 49ers and Seahawks. That's 15 teams without a perspective future or current franchise QB.

I assume that Tomlin might stick with Dixon if we traded Ben, and probably draft an insurance QB this year or wait to see how he performs and evaluate the draft needs next year. For fun, here a couple samples that i put together.

Buffalo trades 1st pick(2010), 3rd pick (2010), 1st pick(2011) and Marshawn Lynch for Ben

Redskins trade 1st pick(2010), 3rd pick (2010), 1st pick(2011) and Jason Campbell for Ben

Oakland trades 1st pick(2010), 3rd pick (2010), 3rd pick (2011) and Nnamdi Asomugha for Ben

Just samples didn't give it a lot of thought so give me a break before you tell me how stupid I am.

Go Steelers, Go Pens.

I like that one, but I'd be happy with a Lion or Ram 1st this year and 2nd or 3rd next year.

memphissteelergirl
04-16-2010, 02:45 PM
"If you were Ben, what would you do?"

Allow me to quote some lines from a song by the late, great Nat "King" Cole:

Straighten up and fly right...
Straighten up and stay right...
Straighten up and fly right
Cool down, Papa, don't you blow your top!
:chuckle:

madtowndrunkard
04-16-2010, 03:03 PM
Two differenet statements because they are lies.... These girls need to be prosecuted and sent to jail for the same amout of time as somone who raped someone would.
They need to be made an example out of. (Im sure I will be called a tool for this), but the stories dont match up.
Ben should not be punished in anyway becuase he didnt do anything wrong. The girls are wrong in this situation

He didn't do anything wrong? I don't think I'd agree with that. His conduct was not good by all accounts. There are enough witnesses and all have similar descriptions of Ben's behavior. Whether or not he raped anyone is not clear, but what is clear is Ben is a classless douche bag. Every witness quickly informed police of Ben's actions....what wasn't clear was if a rape took place. It's pretty clear what Ben was trying to do by buying girls multiple rounds of shots, calling them his bitches, pulling out his junk...etc. Everyone involved said Ben was acting like a total scum bag.

Frankly it sounds like he did force him self on her....similar to what is often referred to as "date rape" She was totally trashed and put her self in a not so good situation which is exactly why Ben will not be prosecuted....but that still does not excuse Ben's actions. The evidence looks to me like Ben tried to have sex with a girl that was so drunk she really didn't know what was going on. Ben was obviously unable to finish "the job" ...probably because she was so drunk (as was Ben) but you could say he crossed that line of sexual assault. These types of assaults are almost never prosecutable because the victim is intoxicated and willingly put them selves in a position to be victimized.

Now we get to wait and see how many other women come out and expose Ben. There have been stories of this kind of behavior from Ben in the past....I expect more to come out. If it does, expect the Rooney's to ship Ben out as fast as they can.

This guy is a friggen moron... He's a scum bag and he's getting what he deserves.

BritishSteel
04-16-2010, 03:03 PM
I'd build a house at the end of my drive, then I'd let Silverback live there. Rent Free. Then, If I went out smelling of Wild Turkey, I'd get JH to punch me hard. In the face.

Just until I get it.

madtowndrunkard
04-16-2010, 03:13 PM
Very interesting. Now, if they found several DNA samples, why couldn't they match each of them against Ben's DNA? When a woman accuses several men of raping her, don't they formally identify all the DNA samples and match them against the DNA of all suspects?

Added: In the GA case, I dunno, but she could have had sex with her boyfriend earlier. This doesn't disprove a possible sexual assault later.

Now her "down to f***" tag is as tasteful and Ben's Satan t-shirt, I'll give you this.

They could match the DNA to Ben...even if there were multiple sets of DNA. It would be more difficult as it increases the chance of a negative match. It also would be a serious blow to the DA's case if there are several different "sperm" samples in this girl. She's a college girl. Lets get real. what did you do in college? I know I drank, screwed, and smoked dope as often as possible. I knew plenty of "nice" girls and guys who slept with multiple others in any given weekend.

Most of all if the DA realized this was not a winnable case the last thing you want to do is expose the fact that this girl had several partners leading up to this night. It saves her and her family plenty of embarrassment.

stillers4me
04-16-2010, 03:33 PM

Herr Goodell?

devilsdancefloor
04-16-2010, 03:50 PM

http://i43.tinypic.com/nldagl.jpg

Stlrs4Life
04-16-2010, 03:52 PM

Are you serious? Suit for what? And if I'm the Steelers the, I counter suit. For damaging my image as a business. Ben just needs to find a steady girlfriend, and go from there.

Prok
04-16-2010, 04:14 PM
If I was Ben right now i'd be begging the Rooney's to trade me. Go somewhere that he can get a fresh start and a fanbase that'll let the off-field stuff die and welcome his on-field play.

This witch hunt is doing nobody any good. i think the Rooneys will come to this conclusion as well.

And there better not be another player with even a hint of off-field problems that gets to stay on this team.

"The Steeler way is to simply be above ANY mis-conduct." That's the sign that should be put on every Steeler facility.

James Harrison should be immediately traded as well. But only AFTER we suspend him and fine his mom.

There, that should satisfy the masses.

:tt:

bigbenrules4000
04-16-2010, 04:31 PM
Ben is NOT a scumbag!!!! Why do you guys want to get rid off him so bad? He has NEVER broken a law, been aarested, convicted of anything or gone to jail. He has done some bone headed things but he's not no sick twisted person like you guys make him out to be.

NJarhead
04-16-2010, 04:38 PM
Ben is NOT a scumbag!!!! Why do you guys want to get rid off him so bad? He has NEVER broken a law, been aarested, convicted of anything or gone to jail. He has done some bone headed things but he's not no sick twisted person like you guys make him out to be.

Jim Miller read the definition of "sociopath" on the radio today and it described Ben to a tee. From everything being said to the very ways he's reacted to them. I found it frightening.

If the Steelers keep him, then I will trust their judgment and pray that he keeps his nose clean.

If they get rid of him, then I will trust their judgment and pray that he keeps his nose clean.

I didn't say he "was" a scumbag. I suggested that it's not out of the realm of possibility. Because it's conceivable. Just because he's you're hero doesn't mean he can do no wrong. I have standards. So do the Steelers. If you don't then go try on some Black and Silver or Some Blue and Silver.

steelreserve
04-16-2010, 04:40 PM
If I were Ben, I'd go out and get hammered, and then take advantage of the drunkest chick I could find.

... what? That's probably what I'd be doing if I was him.

or did you mean it another way?

Indo
04-16-2010, 04:48 PM
Professionally I'd do EVERYTHING the Rooneys asked of me...and then some---public service work, Habitat for Humanity, that kind of stuff

Personally, I'd get the Best Lawyer in the country to draw up a REALLY specific contract...and I'd get the best surveillance company to place hidden video cameras all over his house...
so when he wants to bird-dog chicks (and who doesn't/didn't at the age of 28) he could have elaborate parties AT HIS HOUSE. Any PERSON who wants to come thru the door has to sign the contract! No signee, no entree...
(the contract, of course, would include a statement that all sexual encounters will be implied to be consensual and waive any right to biitch about how you "really shouldn't be doing" whatever it is you are doing at a later time). No signee, no entree

bigbenrules4000
04-16-2010, 05:05 PM
I never said he was my hero or that you called him a scumbag. Don't call him a sociopath either, you would't know one if you saw one. You all know the minute Ben throws a game winning td you be talking nonstop about how great he his so give it up already.

Cmdurand21
04-16-2010, 05:07 PM
I never said he was my hero or that you called him a scumbag. Don't call him a sociopath either, you would't know one if you saw one. You all know the minute Ben throws a game winning td you be talking nonstop about how great he his so give it up already.

I think that sociopaths are scary because you DON'T EVER know when you see them.

No one is contending that Ben isn't a great football player, but he could be a better person.

NJarhead
04-16-2010, 05:10 PM

How do you know whether or not I'd know one or not?? I've studied psychology, and I'm familiar with the definition. I'm guessing that it's you who isn't. You must be thinking psychopath.

You need to grow up or go elsewhere with your adolescent banter.

Aussie_steeler
04-16-2010, 05:10 PM
1. Ask to be traded to the Raiders

2. Rent an office across in L.A.

3. Buy a nice big red casting couch

4. Finally I would open up a Talent Agency and begin to cast talent for my first film " Big Ben's College girls gone wild"

Then I could make money from my fetish. Its a Win - Win situation for all.

And I would probably convince Jamorca Russell to gain an extra 5 pounds and move to Offensive Tackle, because he aint a good enough QB to even hold my massive jock strap.

AllD
04-16-2010, 05:24 PM
1. Ask to be traded to the Raiders

2. Rent an office across in L.A.

3. Buy a nice big red casting couch

4. Finally I would open up a Talent Agency and begin to cast talent for my first film " Big Ben's College girls gone wild"

Then I could make money from my fetish. Its a Win - Win situation for all.

And I would probably convince Jamorca Russell to gain an extra 5 pounds and move to Offensive Tackle, because he aint a good enough QB to even hold my massive jock strap.

I can only imagine the porn titles that industry is going to turn out....

Ben's Barely Legal Bathroom Babes

St33lersguy
04-16-2010, 05:24 PM
Yeah trade away 20 years of superbowl contention because a few morons want Ben out of here. If the Rooneys had anything but a short term memory they would remember all the plays he made. I would be discusted watching the steelers being led by Kordell Stewat II knowing they gave away a franchise player away.

NJarhead
04-16-2010, 05:30 PM
Yeah trade away 20 years of superbowl contention because a few morons want Ben out of here. If the Rooneys had anything but a short term memory they would remember all the plays he made. I would be discusted watching the steelers being led by Kordell Stewat II knowing they gave away a franchise player away.

Morons huh?

Been a fan since before Ben got here and I'll be one after he's gone. I don't want to be the Cowboys or the Raiders. If we win, then we win with players who have integrity. Not ... "morons."

And where the hell do you get 20 years from???

The Rooney's have a standard and it's flexible for no one. Whether a few other morons want it to be different for one player or not.

steelreserve
04-16-2010, 05:31 PM
Personally, I'd get the Best Lawyer in the country to draw up a REALLY specific contract...and I'd get the best surveillance company to place hidden video cameras all over his house...
so when he wants to bird-dog chicks (and who doesn't/didn't at the age of 28) he could have elaborate parties AT HIS HOUSE. Any PERSON who wants to come thru the door has to sign the contract! No signee, no entree...

Oh, yeah, that'll be great. Trust me, if his behavior really is even a quarter as piss-poor as he's accused of, having the whole thing videotaped is about the LAST thing you'd want. Unless he decides to finally get his shit together, which is what he ought to be doing anyway.

Rick5895
04-16-2010, 05:35 PM
well if i were Ben i would stand up tall as a man and take my punishment. After all that is what it is all about! it is Called being accountable for your actions. If he throws a little fit and does wither of your suggestions i do not want him in black in gold PERIOD!
Couldn't have said it better!!
Time for the college boy to grow up and be a man!!!!!

Nadroj 20
04-16-2010, 05:39 PM
I dont want to trade him at all. He probably does need some kind of punishment but he doesnt deserve to be traded away from the team, thats my opinion.

JSH6487
04-16-2010, 05:43 PM

I'm right there with you brother...I'm not a fan of football because all the players are choir boys. I could careless what any of their morals are...as long as they behave enough to not be charged criminally and are able to stay on the field. The people calling for Ben's head need to realize that he's not a frigging school teacher or politician. Most of the athletes in professional sports are thugs, plain and simple.

I refuse to support this team any further if the Rooney's get on their high horse and deal Ben...especially if the future of the team involves Dennis Dixon at QB. He is garbage and not even close to an NFL caliber QB. The scrambling run first QB will never succeed in this league and like you said another Kordell Stewart era would be too disgusting to put up with again.

NJarhead
04-16-2010, 05:47 PM
I dont want to trade him at all. He probably does need some kind of punishment but he doesnt deserve to be traded away from the team, thats my opinion.

I can respect that Nadroj. But IMO it's not about what he deserves, it's what the Steelers organization deserves. I love our last two Lombardi's and I know we're a lucky bunch, but it doesn't give Ben the right to tarnish our name.

As I said, I'll stand by whatever the Rooney's decide, but right now I don't want to have to make myself root for someone I no longer respect as a person. Even if it means going back to the Kordell days. Heck, having Ben does not guarantee us any more SB's and losing Ben doesn't automatically mean we can't win the big show either.

NJarhead
04-16-2010, 05:49 PM
I'm right there with you brother...I'm not a fan of football because all the players are choir boys. I could careless what any of their morals are...as long as they behave enough to not be charged criminally and are able to stay on the field. The people calling for Ben's head need to realize that he's not a frigging school teacher or politician. Most of the athletes in professional sports are thugs, plain and simple.

I refuse to support this team any further if the Rooney's get on their high horse and deal Ben...especially if the future of the team involves Dennis Dixon at QB. He is garbage and not even close to an NFL caliber QB. The scrambling run first QB will never succeed in this league and like you said another Kordell Stewart era would be too disgusting to put up with again.

You're what's wrong with this generation of fans. Plain and simple.

steeldawg
04-16-2010, 05:57 PM
Ben gives us the best chance to win. so discipline him if you must and lets move on so we can focus on winning football games. Trading him is just not going to happen i dont care what espn speculates on. The rooneys are embarassed but they are not stupid and anyone that suggests that there is any racial motivations in the rooneys trading holmes and not roethlisberger is is dead wrong or just plain ignorant.

Nadroj 20
04-16-2010, 06:00 PM
I can respect that Nadroj. But IMO it's not about what he deserves, it's what the Steelers organization deserves. I love our last two Lombardi's and I know we're a lucky bunch, but it doesn't give Ben the right to tarnish our name.

As I said, I'll stand by whatever the Rooney's decide, but right now I don't want to have to make myself root for someone I no longer respect as a person. Even if it means going back to the Kordell days. Heck, having Ben does not guarantee us any more SB's and losing Ben doesn't automatically mean we can't win the big show either.

I certainly get your point of view and I respect your opinion as well :drink:. I too will stand by the Rooney's decision and i hope everything works out for the best. I understand the perspective of being a Steeler fan FIRST before a fan of any player.

I just have always liked Ben so it sucks for me to see this guy in the situation he is in (even though he is the only person to blame). I wanna believe that a couple games suspended will be enough and that in itself will prove the Steelers wont tolerate crap like that.

JSH6487
04-16-2010, 06:01 PM

No...you're just still stuck in the 70's. Wake up buddy...I guarantee EVERY team in the NFL has ATLEAST 1 or 2 people that have been arrested at one time or another. It's just impossible to field a competitive team with a bunch of choir boys who have Tim Tebow like character. It's just not going to happen...the world of professional sports is filled with thugs.

Stone
04-16-2010, 06:27 PM
The Beaver County attorney for one of Ben Roethlisberger’s bodyguards came out swinging Friday.

Michael Santicola told Channel 11’s Alan Jennings that the Georgia district attorney’s news conference this week was a political commercial for his re-election campaign and insisted the witnesses were all drunk the night a 20-year-old claimed Roethlisberger sexually assaulted her, making their recollection about his client foggy at best.

Channel 11 arranged a sit-down interview with Santicola on Friday. Jennings brought a DVD of the news conference for a direct point of reference.

Santicola represents Coroapolis police officer Anthony Barravecchio.

“In no way did Mr. Barravecchio escort or guide this girl or any girl down the hallway into the bathroom,” said Santicola.

According to police reports obtained by Channel 11, the woman identified the white bodyguard as the one who stopped her friends from getting to her.

“Some statements were made he drug a girl down the hallway and into the bathroom -- also equally ridiculous and untrue,” said Santicola.

Santicola revealed the woman’s blood alcohol level was 0.20, more than twice the legal driving limit, suggesting a foggy recollection.

According to Santicola, the case was weak from the beginning because all of the witnesses were drunk.

Santicola summed up the accounts as “highly inebriated individuals versus sober off-duty police officers."

http://www.wpxi.com/news/23177395/detail.html

Nighthawk
04-16-2010, 06:34 PM

Go Steelers, Go Pens.

I would have to agree this would be the best possible scenario.
Lock down corner, high draft pick (we could move to potentially any spot in the draft for a QB we might covet). Not that I want Ben to be on the move, but if he does... this is best possible scenario

stillers4me
04-16-2010, 06:40 PM
I glad someone is speaking up. Anybody that believed police officers would risk their careers moonlighting as pimp thugs for a professional athelete is off their rocker.

BlastFurnace
04-16-2010, 06:41 PM

If we had a viable option to play QB if Ben was traded, you wouldn't see so many people against trading him. We are all fearful of falling back into the days before Ben...and I'm not only talking about the Kordell era.

I have no faith in Dennis Dixon. Like I have said before, the only reason the Baltimore game was close was because their offense couldn't score....not because of Dixon's lazer throws through the secondary.

If we had a viable option to replace Ben, I would be fine with trading him. I don't beleive we do though.

O Sensei
04-16-2010, 06:50 PM
I would agree as well. One of the top two or three corners in the league and the ability to either draft or trade for a franchise QB prospect (Claussen?) and maybe Iupati at 18 (Should this trade scenario allow that we keep it). Ultimately this is a dream scenario IMO assuming a trade is imminent. As far as the Dixon option however...I would be willing to throw him in on any deal at this point, I am just not even close to being sold on him as a full time QB. Whatever trade should occur I would hope a QB prospect...a solid one...and an interim starter (ie campbell) be a part of the deal. Valuewise, for a two time SB winning qb....and we would never have GOTTEN to XL without him remember...at least is worth a solid starter on defense...a high #1 and a stopgap to spend under center this season...or, we just go with dixon...or batch until he's hurt and THEN dixon.

Riddle_Of_Steel
04-16-2010, 07:00 PM
No...you're just still stuck in the 70's. Wake up buddy...I guarantee EVERY team in the NFL has ATLEAST 1 or 2 people that have been arrested at one time or another.
And there is a reason why the Steelers are the classiest franchise in the NFL-- they don't put up with or tolerate the antics of those one or two bad apples.
The problem here is, if I may venture a guess, is that you only started watching the Steelers since about 2004, and cannot stand the thought of the only Steelers QB you have seen being traded away. In short-- you are afraid, and you would settle for having a possible violent criminal on your team to make you feel better again.
It's just impossible to field a competitive team with a bunch of choir boys who have Tim Tebow like character.The Steelers have been doing it for years-- but that was before you became a fan, I assume.
It's just not going to happen...the world of professional sports is filled with thugs.ANd it will continue to get worse, unless some teams like the Steelers, make bold moves to demonstrate that kind of behavior will not be tolerated. It is a matter of basic descency....

I am with the Rooney's all the way. The Steelers have a tradition of excellence and good character-- we CANNOT compromise that just to win titles. Sorry. If you think so, you need to change your fanbase to the Raiders or something....

JSH6487
04-16-2010, 07:11 PM
And there is a reason why the Steelers are the classiest franchise in the NFL-- they don't put up with or tolerate the antics of those one or two bad apples.
The problem here is, if I may venture a guess, is that you only started watching the Steelers since about 2004, and cannot stand the thought of the only Steelers QB you have seen being traded away. In short-- you are afraid, and you would settle for having a possible violent criminal on your team to make you feel better again.
The Steelers have been doing it for years-- but that was before you became a fan, I assume.
ANd it will continue to get worse, unless some teams like the Steelers, make bold moves to demonstrate that kind of behavior will not be tolerated. It is a matter of basic descency....

I am with the Rooney's all the way. The Steelers have a tradition of excellence and good character-- we CANNOT compromise that just to win titles. Sorry. If you think so, you need to change your fanbase to the Raiders or something....

No it's actually the complete opposite. I've been a fan well before that and know how rare it is to come across a franchise QB that gives you a shot to win a SB every year. If we let Ben go it might be ANOTHER 20 years before we find one. I refuse to go back to the likes of Malone, Brister, O'Donnell, Tomczak, Graham, and of course Stewart who Dennis Dixon will be the 2nd coming of.

The same people who are calling for Ben's head now will be the ones in 3 years wishing we had him back when our QB situation is a mess.

pete74
04-16-2010, 07:22 PM
personally i dont like ben to much as a person right now but i love him as a player. he is a great QB and a huge reason for our 2 latest super bowl rings. the only way i would ever want to trade him is if we would get a very good rookie QB in return. im not to hot on bradford but there are a few good ones coming out next year. i think Dixon is decent but i wouldnt want him running our offense for the next 10 years

NJarhead
04-16-2010, 07:31 PM
No...you're just still stuck in the 70's. Wake up buddy...I guarantee EVERY team in the NFL has ATLEAST 1 or 2 people that have been arrested at one time or another. It's just impossible to field a competitive team with a bunch of choir boys who have Tim Tebow like character. It's just not going to happen...the world of professional sports is filled with thugs.

First of all, IF every team had one or two thugs it would still not be any excuse.

Second, your attitude towards it the reason WHY we have the problem. I assure you that if it's nipped harshly now, it will change. We have thugs and idiots because the consequences are nill.

NJarhead
04-16-2010, 07:36 PM
No it's actually the complete opposite. I've been a fan well before that and know how rare it is to come across a franchise QB that gives you a shot to win a SB every year. If we let Ben go it might be ANOTHER 20 years before we find one. I refuse to go back to the likes of Malone, Brister, O'Donnell, Tomczak, Graham, and of course Stewart who Dennis Dixon will be the 2nd coming of.

The same people who are calling for Ben's head now will be the ones in 3 years wishing we had him back when our QB situation is a mess.

You can refuse all you want; means nothing.

I'll also remind you that we'd been pretty damn competitive in the years before Ben.

You're the type of guy that would sell his soul to the devil for what benefits him now. I am not.

Just because some of us have principles, does not mean we're stuck in the 70's.

As I said, you and people that share your attitude are what is wrong with the league (world) today.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-16-2010, 07:39 PM
"I was drunk, I don't remember what happened, so I will make something up."

That is what their "witness statements" amount to, IMHO.

stillers4me
04-16-2010, 07:42 PM
I actually sent this as a scoop to that asshat Florio just to see if he has the guts to post it.

I bet he's researching it as we speak...he wouldn't want to post something that was just heresay.........:jerkit:

spyboots
04-16-2010, 07:49 PM
Florio isn't going to post something pro-Ben. He's one of the leaders of the public lynch mob started by that DA.

stillers4me
04-16-2010, 07:50 PM
And of course, Florio injects his own spin into it.......
Attorney for Roethlisberger bodyguard tees off on prosecutor
Posted by Mike Florio on April 16, 2010 8:46 PM ET
In an odd display of gratitude, given the possibility that his client could have been charged with aiding and abetting rape (or, theoretically, kidnapping), attorney Michael Santicola has used an interview with WPXI-TV in Pittsburgh (an NBC affilliate) to hurl criticism at prosecutor Fred Bright.

Santicola told Alan Jennings of WPXI that the prosecutor used Monday's press conference as a "political commercial" for a re-election campaign. Santicola also called the alleged victim and her friends "highly inebriated individuals."

Santicola represents Anthony Barravecchio, a police officer who was serving on the night in question as one of Roethlisberger's bodyguards.

"In no way did Mr. Barravechhio escort or guide this girl down the hallway into the bathroom," Santicola said. (Based on the statement given by the alleged victim the morning after the alleged incident, that's accurate; she claims that she was guided only into the hallway, and that she went to the bathroom only while trying to get away from Roethlisberger.)

Santicola also claims that the alleged victim's blood-alcohol concentration was 0.20 percent.

But there's no dispute that the alleged victim was highly intoxicated. (She apparently acquired that condition due in part to drinks purchased by Roethlisberger.) Her level of intoxication contributed to the decision not to pursue charges, since it helped create more than enough "reasonable doubt" to counsel against prosecution.

As to Santicola's contention that Barravecchio's job duties that night didn't include placing the object of Roethlisberger's desire in the appropriate position and then guarding the door after he entered the area where Barravecchio had taken her, we prefer to hear the denials not from Santicola but from Barravecchio himself. Indeed, we're more swayed by the accounts of witnesses who were drinking and present over the accounts of a witness like Santicola, who was sober and, you know, not there.

But we will agree with Santicola regarding his assessment of a portion of Bright's remarks. Hired only to prosecute crimes, his job ends once he decides not to pursue charges. Though we'll agree that in this case his job included explaining the decision not to proceed in order to counteract the notion that celebrities get special consideration, we think that Bright crossed the line separating the professions of prosecutor and, well, pastor when he opted to offer his own opinions regarding the manner in which Roethlisberger should engage in legal behavior.

JSH6487
04-16-2010, 07:57 PM
Sorry bud but you can have personal principles and separate them from being a football fan. To me these athletes are no different from horses...all I want are the ones that just win baby.

And with the world we live in now, there is no way the game will ever be cleaned up of the thugs.There's more now than ever and will be more in 5 years and even more in 10 years. That's why I don't get attached to these players personally, because like I said they're all just horses to me. Only thing I like about Ben is how he plays the game and wins and that is enough for me.

NJarhead
04-16-2010, 08:08 PM
Sorry bud but you can have personal principles and separate them from being a football fan. To me these athletes are no different from horses...all I want are the ones that just win baby.

And with the world we live in now, there is no way the game will ever be cleaned up of the thugs.There's more now than ever and will be more in 5 years and even more in 10 years. That's why I don't get attached to these players personally, because like I said they're all just horses to me. Only thing I like about Ben is how he plays the game and wins and that is enough for me.

Yet all you're arguing against is being discussed by those in the know.

I personally can't cheer for someone I don't have any respect for. I respect the organization and its rich history. Ben is only a small portion of that. He won two SB's with 52 other guys. Not alone.

JSH6487
04-16-2010, 08:09 PM
Well what are your thoughts on James Harrison? Do you want him off the team too? Did you want Holmes gone?

BlastFurnace
04-16-2010, 08:43 PM
Well what are your thoughts on James Harrison? Do you want him off the team too? Did you want Holmes gone?

Good post. I agree with you. Every NFL team has bad guys on the team. The Steelers are no different.

It's this reasoning that people don't want to accept. Holmes is gone, some want Ben gone...so lets go for the Trifecta and get rid of Harrison as well since he slapped around his child's mother. This way, we get rid of all of our SB XLIII Heroes and start off with a clean slate.

Stone
04-16-2010, 09:06 PM
This was just posted on KDKA little while ago....

Lawyer For Ben's Bodyguard Defends Client

They claim Ben Roethlisberger and his friends worked together in the alleged sexual assault of a 20-year-old college student.

The allegations come from hundreds of pages of documents released by authorities in Georgia.

This latest account comes from deep within the 500 pages of case files released by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

Detailed are two supposed unwanted sexual encounters between Roethlisberger and a 21-year-old Georgia woman who reportedly told others that she drove a drunken Roethlisberger home and that he slammed the door behind her and pulled his pants down.

In another encounter, he is said to have lured her into a bedroom and put his hand up her skirt.

The problem with the information is that it is third-hand and the woman declined to speak with police.

"We do not prosecute morals, we prosecute crimes," District Attorney Fred Bright said on Monday.

These new details were released along with others about Roethlisberger on the early morning of March 5 when he was accused of sexual assault by a 20-year-old co-ed.

In a statement written the morning after, the victim says Roethlisberger cornered her in a bathroom and wouldn't let her leave.

"I still said, 'No, this is not OK,' and then he had sex with me. He said it was OK. He then left without saying anything."

But this differs from her initial statement to a police officer.

"But he said quote, 'Did he rape you?' and her response was, 'No,'" Bright said. "Next, the first officer asked did they have sex and she said, 'Well, I'm not sure.'"

"If they believed her or believed this story, they would have filed – they did not – so they did not file," Michael Santicola, an attorney for the Coraopolis police officer who was serving as a security guard for Roethlisberger that night, said.

Santicola disputes several accounts in the police files, including one from a friend of the victim who says Roethlisberger exposed himself on his way to the bathroom where the alleged assault occurred.

Sheehan: "What about Ben having his pants down?"

Santicola: "Absolutely, untrue. Not one single shred of truth in that statement."

Sheehan: "He didn't walk down the hallway with his pants down?"

Santicola: "Absolutely not."

Steelers President Art Rooney II said the team and the league will discipline Roethlisberger but give him a chance to redeem himself as quarterback of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Rooney called certain allegations revealed earlier in the week at the DA's press conference "conjecture" and said the essential point the Steelers took away is that Ben was not charged.

http://kdka.com/local/Ben.Roethlisberger.allegations.2.1638684.html

stillers4me
04-16-2010, 09:12 PM
I guess anybody can say anything they want about him now and it's the honest to god truth.

zulater
04-16-2010, 09:16 PM
I guess anybody can say anything they want about him now and it's the honest to god truth.

Yeah, funny enough no one wants to say it in a court room where they could be subjected to cross examination though.

BlastFurnace
04-16-2010, 09:25 PM
N_T

Godfather
04-16-2010, 09:28 PM
Professionally I'd do EVERYTHING the Rooneys asked of me...and then some---public service work, Habitat for Humanity, that kind of stuff

(the contract, of course, would include a statement that all sexual encounters will be implied to be consensual and waive any right to biitch about how you "really shouldn't be doing" whatever it is you are doing at a later time). No signee, no entree

Or, visit Nevada and go to the Bunny Ranch. Then there's no question of consent--he paid for it, legally.

Stone
04-16-2010, 09:31 PM
The most frustrating part to me is that the national media refuses to pick up on any of the comments/statements from anyone other than the "alleged victim" and her friends.

They were chomping at the bit to get those first few pages of the investigation out there, but now as you go deeper into all those pages, you see things a bit differently and ESPN et al wants nothing to do with that....doesn't fit their agenda!

X-Terminator
04-16-2010, 09:42 PM

I won't speak for him, but a lot of people wanted Harrison gone, including me. I have no tolerance for domestic violence. He was actually charged, yet he didn't get so much as a fine from the team or the league. Ben, however, has NOT been charged with a crime and the only thing he's been guilty of is extremely poor judgment...yet, he's about to get suspended by the league. Something is wrong with that picture.

Harrison has also stayed out of trouble since that incident, so that gets him a free pass from the fans.

devilsdancefloor
04-16-2010, 10:17 PM
i actually do not want any of these guys GONE i just want them to remove their heads from there ass. As far as Tone goes you cant "wake n bake" and then go put that up on your twitter account. especially since you are gonna get popped for a 4 game suspension & told your boss hey im not gonna do that anymore. Ben needs something he is not getting at home. James Harrison has kept his nose clean and i beleive he went to therapy. I would lie to see team unity again. I didnt want anyone to go anywhere BUT i can see where the FO is coming from with the tone case and with bens as well. I am hoping that Dennis Dixon plays lights out and Ben has to "win" his job back maybe deflat that big head:noidea:

Psyychoward86
04-16-2010, 11:16 PM
Um, anyone ever notice how this information is "according to a source with knowledge of the situation? Oh gee well guess what fellas, "according to a source with knowledge of the situation" Bruce Arians just got fired :rolleyes:

My point: Hey La Canfora, you toolbag, where are you getting this crap.

bigbenrules4000
04-16-2010, 11:25 PM
Will you guys please read this entier thread over on Steeler Fury. Its very eye opening and will make you think. Its all the stuff the media don't want you to know about. I am doing these guys over there a favor and getting the link to this thread out so as may people as possible can read it.

http://steelerfury.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=6233&st=0&sk=t&sd=a

Shea
04-17-2010, 12:16 AM
Will you guys please read this entier thread over on Steeler Fury. Its very eye opening and will make you think. Its all the stuff the media don't want you to know about. I am doing these guys over there a favor and getting the link to this thread out so as may people as possible can read it.

To be fair, I gave your link a fly but couldn't get past the third post.

Without providing factual links, or quotes from the report that would support their points, their views then become pretty much nothing but babble to me and I'm too lazy right now to look it all up myself.

Regardless, I'd be floored if Ben is traded but he will be suspended.

Might as well try to get use to the idea because it's coming.

Cmdurand21
04-17-2010, 12:24 AM

This is good stuff. Kind of a long read, but very informative. He sheds tons of light onto the situation by quoting the small pieces of the report. Seems to me like she was uncontrollably drunk and jealous. None of the girls friend's stories add up either. The SGT seems to have been rather displeased when talking with the girls as well, it seems like he knew she was lying. One of the biggest selling points for me is when they went to the SGT and her friends were the ones telling him what happened, and when he tried to interview her, he said that she was very uncomfortable and it led to an argument. The only problem I have is, if this story is true from the witnesses and Ben's friends, why would he have sex with her. They make it sound like she was just pestering him and throwing herself at him.

Someone should come out and tell Ben's side. I wouldn't be surprised if Ben was seriously angry over the way the Rooney's and the fans (myself included) have passed judgement without knowing the true story... These posts are worth the read.