PDA

View Full Version : The Ben Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

Cmdurand21
04-17-2010, 01:27 AM
To be fair, I gave your link a fly but couldn't get past the third post.

Without providing factual links, or quotes from the report that would support their points, their views then become pretty much nothing but babble to me and I'm too lazy right now to look it all up myself.

Regardless, I'd be floored if Ben is traded but he will be suspended.

Might as well try to get use to the idea because it's coming.

Almost all of those posts are direct quotes from the report released by the DA. It is well over 100 pages long, and he provides a link later in the article. The first posts are babble because it's the girls and her friends side of the story, and it is pretty much babble.

steelerdude15
04-17-2010, 01:49 AM
[QUOTE]The most frustrating part to me is that the national media refuses to pick up on any of the comments/statements from anyone other than the "alleged victim" and her friends.

They were chomping at the bit to get those first few pages of the investigation out there, but now as you go deeper into all those pages, you see things a bit differently and ESPN et al wants nothing to do with that....doesn't fit their agenda![/QUOTE
That's because American media sucks. Go Steelers! :tt04:

rbryan
04-17-2010, 01:59 AM
I wasn't there so I don't know whether Ben is guilty or if she's a bold faced liar looking for a payday. Bottom line is neither does anyone else on this board. Too many judgemental people right now. I expect this from BSPN.... aka the patsie nation network, but not from the hometown fans.

I still love BB and will never believe her story. He may be guilty of bad judgement, but not rape.
I think it's pretty screwed up that so many people are this quick to judge based on so little.

Shea
04-17-2010, 02:17 AM
I wasn't there so I don't know whether Ben is guilty or if she's a bold faced liar looking for a payday. Bottom line is neither does anyone else on this board. Too many judgemental people right now. I expect this from BSPN.... aka the patsie nation network, but not from the hometown fans.

I still love BB and will never believe her story. He may be guilty of bad judgement, but not rape.
I think it's pretty screwed up that so many people are this quick to judge based on so little.

:huh:

Stood behind him after the motorcycle accident.
Stood behind him when he bashed Cowher.
Stood behind him when he sucked in SBXL
Stood behind him when some bimbo in Nevada made an accusation.
Stood behind him in this one right up until I couldn't turn a blind eye to the fact that "something" was rotten in Denmark.

I don't want a scumbag (no matter what his pedigree) as the face of my franchise. THAT is true fanhood IMO.

This pretty much sums it up for me.

And that's a list that is leaving out even more questionable personality traits and shown behaviour on Ben's part and what this all is starting to say about the man he might be.

rbryan
04-17-2010, 02:28 AM
Never been to Denmark. Why is it always Denmark that's so rotten? You're entitled to your opinion even though your "final straw" is based on nothing that can be proven.....remember.....presumed innocent???basis of our countries legal system???

wdsteel
04-17-2010, 02:44 AM
Holmes went to New York not Denmark.. :)

T.Richardson
04-17-2010, 03:12 AM
Stood behind him after the motorcycle accident.
Stood behind him when he bashed Cowher.
Stood behind him when he sucked in SBXL
Stood behind him when some bimbo in Nevada made an accusation.
Stood behind him in this one right up until I couldn't turn a blind eye to the fact that "something" was rotten in Denmark.

I don't want a scumbag (no matter what his pedigree) as the face of my franchise. THAT is true fanhood IMO.

motorcycle? bashing Cowher? sucked in SBXL? yea ok, your just grasping for straws here.

I dont care if he is traded, but what angers me is this "steelers wont put up with this bs" oh please!! Players in the past have gotten in worse situations than Big Ben. Ernie Holmes freaking shot at some people in the highway, yet after that incident im positive he was still on the team, how about Joey Porter? he went to all kinds of clubs, and got shot in his ass! he was still on the team after that.. James Harrison beat his girlfriend.. got convicted and is still on the team. How about Jeff Reed and his drunk ass! still on the team. This the Steelers dont put up with crap is total BS if they didnt, then these players wouldnt still be on the team.

T.Richardson
04-17-2010, 03:16 AM
You can refuse all you want; means nothing.

I'll also remind you that we'd been pretty damn competitive in the years before Ben.

You're the type of guy that would sell his soul to the devil for what benefits him now. I am not.

Just because some of us have principles, does not mean we're stuck in the 70's.

As I said, you and people that share your attitude are what is wrong with the league (world) today.

yea.. only had... 1 superbowl appearence since 1980. Yea competitive.... :coffee:

wdsteel
04-17-2010, 04:14 AM
for the now Ben hater's ***( this was march 31 2010)

Wednesday night, all 7s came up in Pennsylvania Lottery's Big 4 drawing, resulting in a whopping $7.77 million payout to 3,107 winning tickets.

Even more oddly, the news comes on a day when the Super 7 jackpot is $7.3 million, and Cash 5's top prize is $770,000.

thanks Ben for the lucky 7's
hmm could this be lucky 7SB
:tt: :tt02:

shinoff2183
04-17-2010, 04:18 AM
[QUOTE]The most frustrating part to me is that the national media refuses to pick up on any of the comments/statements from anyone other than the "alleged victim" and her friends.

They were chomping at the bit to get those first few pages of the investigation out there, but now as you go deeper into all those pages, you see things a bit differently and ESPN et al wants nothing to do with that....doesn't fit their agenda![/QUOTE
That's because American media sucks. Go Steelers! :tt04:

Surprise, even look at the world news America is ****ed up reporting news.

huntingteacher
04-17-2010, 04:32 AM
I hate to say this but I just don't think I can root for him next season. If he's playing, I don't think I can watch in
good conscience. If he did this to my daughter, I'd be looking for blood!!! I hope they trade him. I'd love to root against him. He has issues, and they won't stop, IMO...

Rdp616
04-17-2010, 04:57 AM
I hate to say this but I just don't think I can root for him next season. If he's playing, I don't think I can watch in
good conscience. If he did this to my daughter, I'd be looking for blood!!! I hope they trade him. I'd love to root against him. He has issues, and they won't stop, IMO...

If he did this to your daughter? Did what?

Until i get photographic proof i won't believe anything.

You don't think for one second that she was willing to go into this so called bathroom?

And if he really did something that bad why didn't she just run out screaming rape!

He's not going anywhere so if you want too root against him looks like your gonna have to find your self another team....:coffee:

HometownGal
04-17-2010, 05:24 AM

Sorry ht, but if my 20 year old daughter followed a pro athlete around to the bars, dressed like a bitch in heat, exchanged sexual coochie coos with the guy, got drunk (knowing full well that she was under legal age), went back to a bathroom to get it on and then tried to ruin a man's reputation and career in the hopes of garnering a huge payday, I think I'd have to insist that she get help and fast. Yes - Ben should have exercised much better judgment in this case but this bimbo was half of the equation.

rbryan
04-17-2010, 05:26 AM
9 posts...???? This is your prolific expression as a "True Stiller fan" Glad that a train wreck like this could finally get you to log on and tell us your point of view. next.....

harts
04-17-2010, 05:28 AM
The most frustrating part to me is that the national media refuses to pick up on any of the comments/statements from anyone other than the "alleged victim" and her friends.

They were chomping at the bit to get those first few pages of the investigation out there, but now as you go deeper into all those pages, you see things a bit differently and ESPN et al wants nothing to do with that....doesn't fit their agenda!

LOL
The shoe is on the other foot
how bout Pac-Man
How bout T.O
Etc etc

I am a Steeler Fan till the day I die
But their are soooooooooooooo many hypocritical egocentric people on this board it is hard to stomach at times
Therefore I lurk most of the time
But this comment is indicative of the mentality that is prevalent on this board
A mentality of self righteousness and the inability to see things from a perspective not your own

I wish Ben the Best
But this whole incident is bringing out the true nature of many on this board
Judge Ben equally without Bias and without a doubt right or wrong with what this girl says --> An 8 game suspenison is a fair punishment

Rick5895
04-17-2010, 05:49 AM
LOL
how bout Pac-Man
How bout T.O
Etc etc

But their are soooooooooooooo many hypocritical egocentric people on this board it is hard to stomach at times
A mentality of self righteousness and the inability to see things from a perspective not your own

I wish Ben the Best
Judge Ben equally without Bias and without a doubt right or wrong with what this girl says --> An 8 game suspenison is a fair punishment

I agree that some people on this board see this with rose colored glasses. I believe a 4-8 game suspension will be handed down.
Being accused once in Nevada is one thing, twice now is starting to becoming a pattern, a third time and he will be gone. CHARGES OR NOT. If this behaviour keeps up from Ben, the police and D.A in some other county will certainly lay charges.
WAKE THE F#@K UP BEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tube517
04-17-2010, 07:06 AM
Now, if he showed up w/a toothpick and threw it at the camera, I would've fell out of my chair :applaudit:

If he had dark hair, he'd look like former WWe superstar Razor Ramon (Scott Hall).
Who is known for saying "Hey Yo"!... :rofl:

steelerchad
04-17-2010, 07:21 AM
Yeah, funny enough no one wants to say it in a court room where they could be subjected to cross examination though.

Or purjury charges.

God, I have to be honest. I don't really know who to believe. I want to believe Ben is totally innocent, but as drunk as both of them were I believe it probably was more of him talking her into it rather than forcing it. But we'll probably never know the whole and complete truth and that's ok with me.

Draft and Schedule release next week. Something else to focus on.

WH
04-17-2010, 07:25 AM
All lawyers should have this guys balls. I've found my new candidate for D.A.

plenewken
04-17-2010, 07:33 AM
"Lawyer For Ben's Bodyguard Defends Client"

No sh*t! Anybody expected otherwise?

WH
04-17-2010, 07:38 AM
I heard Jeff Hartings retired rather than continue to face the constant groping during "unusually long snap counts."

Hartwig ------->:pde:

WH
04-17-2010, 07:39 AM
"Lawyer For Ben's Bodyguard Defends Client"

No sh*t! Anybody expected otherwise?

Yeah, I was surprised too.

plenewken
04-17-2010, 07:50 AM
I glad someone is speaking up. Anybody that believed police officers would risk their careers moonlighting as pimp thugs for a professional athelete is off their rocker.

You want us to believe that off-duty cops working as private bodyguards for Ben and PAID to do it are objective? Same with his buddies who benefit from his favors day in and day out?
C'mon dude! I'm not saying Ben did what the victim alleges but please don't use what his bodyguards said as a proof of innocence.

pghfrank1948
04-17-2010, 07:52 AM
There is one truth we have learned in this whole mess, Ben is not GAY!!!

WH
04-17-2010, 07:55 AM
Now, if he showed up w/a toothpick and threw it at the camera, I would've fell out of my chair :applaudit:

Yeah, I would have cracked up too.

Hey Yo

Which of you, is here to see me hang for sexual assault? ::Big cheer::

How many of you are here to see, the b.W.o.? ::Bigger cheer::

Another on for the good guys.

WH
04-17-2010, 07:56 AM
You want us to believe that off-duty cops working as private bodyguards for Ben and PAID to do it are objective? Same with his buddies who benefit from his favors day in and day out?
C'mon dude! I'm not saying Ben did what the victim alleges but please don't use what his bodyguards said as a proof of innocence.

I've read in several places that Bravacchio wasn't working for Ben. They're friends.

WH
04-17-2010, 07:57 AM
There is one truth we have learned in this whole mess, Ben is not GAY!!!

and if he was? that would somehow be a problem?

pghfrank1948
04-17-2010, 07:59 AM
My thoughts exactly, these women were to Drunk to make any kind of accurate statement. The Media just loves to take ball and run with it. The talking heads are getting 15mins of fame for blowing the whole incident out of proportion. At least someone has finnally figured out that Drunks are no reliable witnesses. That Georgia DA is trying to get reelected just like sleeze bag in the Duke Lacrosse Case and I hope it comes back to bite him in the ASS!!!!

stillers4me
04-17-2010, 08:01 AM

And ever changing statements from as bunch of shitfaced college students are proof of his guilt according to 90% of the public.

huntingteacher
04-17-2010, 08:02 AM
9 posts?? Am I 9 years old? I am pushing 44 and my opinion is as valid as yours. Maybe I'm more of a reader than a writer. Maybe this is an issue important enough for me to voice my opinion. Maybe you can kiss my a.. The girl was drunk, and looking for trouble. But he seemed to take advantage of her being drunk. Honorable guys don't do that. Creeps do. You want to condone his actions so you can remain a fan, fine. You want to give him the benefit of doubt because he was not convicted of a crime, fine. But I'm not a judge, just a fan. Football is very important to me, but not at the cost of my values. I'm going to take the road that does not allow me to root for a possible sex offender, or just a perverted creep. I'm still a Steeler fan, but I won't watch with him at QB. If I'm wrong, so be it.

PS: 1955 posts, get a fricken life!!!!!!!!!!!

zulater
04-17-2010, 08:15 AM
I agree that some people on this board see this with rose colored glasses.

Perhaps, but to me a far more dangerous thing is the amount of people including a preponderance of the media who are approaching the situation with pitchforks and torch in hand, much of their venom derived from unchallenged witness accounts that obviously didn't amount to enough to merit charges.

I believe a 4-8 game suspension will be handed down.

I think it will be 2-4 and that is a travesty for an uncharged man.

Being accused once in Nevada is one thing, twice now is starting to becoming a pattern, a third time and he will be gone. CHARGES OR NOT. If this behaviour keeps up from Ben, the police and D.A in some other county will certainly lay charges.
WAKE THE F#@K UP BEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no problem with the last thing you said. But unchallenged witness accounts coming from one side being passed off as gospel, and being used to crucify a man after a determination was made that they didn't amount to enough to bring about charges should be viewed as blatantly unfair to anyone who respects American juroprudence.

plenewken
04-17-2010, 08:30 AM
And ever changing statements from as bunch of shitfaced college students are proof of his guilt according to 90% of the public.

I certainly believe Ben did something he shouldn't have done, the extend of which is unclear, and this is not the first time.
The GA girl didn't invent the whole story, neither did the other woman in Nevada.
Ben is at a minimum an idiot for repeatedly putting himself in these situations and possibly a sex predator.
That's my most objective position, based on the information I could compile from many sources.

zulater
04-17-2010, 08:34 AM

I agree with you, if he did that to my child I would be looking for blood. Yet the family of the alleged victim wrote a letter to the DA asking for the case to be dropped. They also got a lawyer within 48 hours of the alleged assualt, isn't the victim supposed to be represented by the state? It doesn't occur to you that the pattern we see might be indicitive of someone seeking a payday rather than justice?

Don't get me wrong I'm not saying that's neccessarily the case here, but it certainly could be. It wouldn't be any great stretch would it?

Anyway you go ahead and do yard work next fall during the games if Ben's still the Steelers qb. You have that right just as I have the right to believe an uncharged man might actually be innocent of criminal conduct therefore I'll be right there cheering him and the Steelers on as always. :tt02:

SouthTexasSteel
04-17-2010, 08:40 AM
Just some musings from South Texas... A few points if you will, and remember this is only opinions...

1) While I don't believe Ben will be traded (I'd say the odds are great he won't), the Holmes trade proves that the FO is NOT afraid to pull the trigger on a deal even if it means getting their ass handed to them by fans and talking heads. So to just poo poo this possibility as nonsense is not being realistic.

2) It's hard enough being a Steelers fan in general, especially since moving out of Scott Township in the burbs. I still wear my hat and jersey around South Texas as these cowgirl fans know all too well what it's like to have malcontents on the roster... yet somehow they forget that and never miss an opportunity to bring up both of Ben's sexcapades.

3) The last two SB's were brutal down here as everybody's favorite team is whoever is playing the Steelers. But the joy of rubbing the last two wins in their face was damn near orgasmic!!!

4) And finally, with all that being said; Ben has brought this team to an us verses them mentality. This actually may be a very good or very bad thing. I happen to believe it will be a very good thing. If Ben cleans up his act and the team rallies around him, they have the weapons and now the motivation to get the 7th ring. Which is ironically??? Ben's number... But you can count on one thing, it will be us against the world when we're playing in the SB, we will have ZERO support outside of Steeler Nation to include the press!!! Book it !!

plenewken
04-17-2010, 08:49 AM
:chuckle::chuckle:

http://www.blogcdn.com/backporch.fanhouse.com/media/2010/04/ben-roethlisberger-haircut-bp.jpg

is it an improvement?? i was sitting at a bar with my wife on monday, watching the "i'm sorry speech" being read, and i turned to my wife and said : "why didn't someone tell him to get a haircut?" it's about time. i would've guess he was trying to look the part of a guy who nails chicks against their consent in a bathroom.

do you like the new look?

Maybe I'm old school but it strikes me that Ben cuts his hair, shaves and wears a suit to go meet Goodell, but looks like a creep in front of the cameras the day before. How stupid is that? Doesn't he work with a PR agency?
It sends the message that he has more respect for Goodell than for the Steelers and the public.

Oh and one more thing, it doesn't look like he's been working out much more than last year.....

St33lersguy
04-17-2010, 09:03 AM
Everyone who wants Ben traded will be wishing Ben was back when Kordell Stewart II (Dennis Dixon) and start booing Dixon and calling for his head when he struugles and our QB situaation is in turmoil while Ben has success elsewhere.

GoSlash27
04-17-2010, 09:03 AM
I thought Bettis was benched until he was cleared??

the Bettis case was obviously BS.
And these aren't?

desertsteel
04-17-2010, 09:13 AM
The "new" Ben I'd like to see is one of him wearing another uniform or an orange jumpsuit. I'd prefer to never see him in the black and gld again!

43Hitman
04-17-2010, 09:37 AM
Everyone who wants Ben traded will be wishing Ben was back when Kordell Stewart II (Dennis Dixon) and start booing Dixon and calling for his head when he struugles and our QB situaation is in turmoil while Ben has success elsewhere.

I'm fairly confident that Dixon is much better than Korkie ever was. At least Dixon was having a great college career before blowing up his knee. All Korkie ever had was some miracle Flutiesque pass at the end of a game.

Stone
04-17-2010, 09:42 AM
LOL
how bout Pac-Man
How bout T.O
Etc etc

I wish Ben the Best

"A mentality of self righteousness and the inability to see things from a perspective not your own"

Although I don't know you either, but using that analogy I could say that you just described yourself! And uh, who's perspective are you seeing it from if not your own? The media's?

"Judge Ben equally without Bias"

Yeah, right back atcha! How about if people "like you" actually look past the headlines and the first few lines of the articles, you may just learn something about this case and why it didn't go to trial.

Talk about holier than thou!

SteelerEmpire
04-17-2010, 10:16 AM
... so that we can keep him out of the bars, hotel rooms and other hot party spots. I think a steady is gonna be the only answer or he'll end up drifting back into the cross hairs of another one of these predators. Maybe we can email some of the results to his web site and hopefully he sees them and maybe gets the message... :chuckle: ...I don't know... its the thought that counts.

Be creative... we don't know what Ben likes

Any Suggestions ? :toofunny:

MasterOfPuppets
04-17-2010, 10:24 AM
Heidi Fleiss

zulater
04-17-2010, 10:32 AM
Lindsay Lohan.:chuckle:

steeltheone
04-17-2010, 10:34 AM
No, he looks fat. It has been said that he will be out of the league early because of practice and workout habits. If he can not move he is not very effective.

SteelerEmpire
04-17-2010, 10:43 AM
I wonder if he would respond to this girl:

http://j7.tagstat.com/image03/7/2606/0005053VOo6.jpg

Or this girl:

http://www.planetugly.com/wp-content/gallery/ugly-women/puglywomen_0021.jpg

Interesting...? I will enclose the phone numbers to both and let you guys know who he hits up... lol...

StainlessStill
04-17-2010, 10:46 AM
No, he looks fat. It has been said that he will be out of the league early because of practice and workout habits. If he can not move he is not very effective.

UhHhHh, have you seen Ben play his whole career? That's the dude's natural body weight. In 2005, he was 2X as big.

In 2006, during the motorcycle accident, he dropped down significantly in weight and looked very mediocre in everything that he did and looked frail, and people complained that he was too light.

Ben's playing weight is fine and is one of the reasons why Jason Taylor said trying to take Ben down is like trying to tame a raging bull. He's stronger than what most people think. I don't mind Ben's playing weight. He's just a big dude, end of story.

Psyychoward86
04-17-2010, 10:50 AM

Epic Fail: When Big Ben's mobility is put into question

Burghfan58
04-17-2010, 10:54 AM
I think Ben might just want to layoff the women for a while. This is an opportunity for him to exercise his hand and strengthen his grip.

SteelCityMom
04-17-2010, 11:21 AM
Just as long as he never hooks up with this girl.

http://hoboboobies.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/gay_tom_brady.jpg

SH-Rock
04-17-2010, 11:27 AM
Ben will probably work his ass off during the off season and if the Steelers make it to the AFC championship then he stays and if they don't, then Ben trade issue will be on the line again

steeldawg
04-17-2010, 11:29 AM
LOL
how bout Pac-Man
How bout T.O
Etc etc

I wish Ben the Best

well this is the problem the media reports what they think people want hear. the investigators and da unfortunately have to deal with facts. so you can take all contradictory statements made against him and swear it that its gospel but dont you think if they could prove any of that evidence the da would've pressed charges. And what the hell does pac man and TO have to do with this. You are implying the bias on the board is because of race when clearly its because ben is a steeler and we are steeler fans and this is a steelers forum . i could give flying **** about what the media reports on any other team. She says she wasnt raped and she didnt know if she had sex why hasnt the media put that out there?

steeldawg
04-17-2010, 11:39 AM
I certainly believe Ben did something he shouldn't have done, the extend of which is unclear, and this is not the first time.
The GA girl didn't invent the whole story, neither did the other woman in Nevada.
Ben is at a minimum an idiot for repeatedly putting himself in these situations and possibly a sex predator.
That's my most objective position, based on the information I could compile from many sources.

Well which of the girls story in ga did she make up and which one is she telling truth? is it he one she said she wasnt raped or the one she said she was raped or the one she was led down the hall by his bodygaurd or the one he chased her down the hall with his wang out were she was trying to get out of the hallway but couldnt figure out the complicated exit system of the capitol city bar and ended up in the bathroom. Or maybe it was what her friends saw where ben was heading to the batrhoom while his bodygaurd was dragging the girl down the hall. and 2 or 3 girls couldnt get by or didnt try and get by the bouncer as they watched her friend being dragged down the hall they didnt scream or yell. Why dont you enlight us with some facts instead of saying i believe ben did this cause a bunch of drunk people i dont know would never lie to me.

plenewken
04-17-2010, 11:54 AM
Just as long as he never hooks up with this girl.

http://hoboboobies.files.wordpress.com/2008/01/gay_tom_brady.jpg

LOL. Funny but least be honest here. As least Brady isn't buying shots to an army of young college girls to get in their pants.
Ever seen Gisele Bundchen, Brady's wife? She's widely considered one of the most beautiful woman on the planet and she's making as much money as Ben, if not more.
The closest Ben will ever get to a woman like her is by reading magazines.

SteelCityMom
04-17-2010, 11:58 AM
LOL. Funny but least be honest here. As least Brady isn't buying shots to an army of young college girls to get in their pants.
Ever seen Gisele Bundchen, Brady's wife? She's widely considered one of the most beautiful woman on the planet and she's making as much money as Ben, if not more.
The closest Ben will ever get to a woman like her is by reading magazines.

:rolleyes:

Geez, way to take a joke and ruin it man.

Gisele's just a front anyway.

http://www.boston.com/yourlife/home/stylephile/4857860.jpg

plenewken
04-17-2010, 12:04 PM
:rolleyes:

Geez, way to take a joke and ruin it man.

Gisele's just a front anyway.

http://www.boston.com/yourlife/home/stylephile/4857860.jpg

You're on a roll! LOL

siss
04-17-2010, 12:09 PM
ME!!
I'll keep him out of trouble!

SteelersinCA
04-17-2010, 12:37 PM
Be creative... we don't know what Ben likes

Sure we do, ugly, crazy and drunk.

AllD
04-17-2010, 12:45 PM
He just needs a couple of porn stars and he will be fine.

tube517
04-17-2010, 12:47 PM
Whatever happened to that golfer?

WH
04-17-2010, 12:49 PM
Well which of the girls story in ga did she make up and which one is she telling truth? is it he one she said she wasnt raped or the one she said she was raped or the one she was led down the hall by his bodygaurd or the one he chased her down the hall with his wang out were she was trying to get out of the hallway but couldnt figure out the complicated exit system of the capitol city bar and ended up in the bathroom. Or maybe it was what her friends saw where ben was heading to the batrhoom while his bodygaurd was dragging the girl down the hall. and 2 or 3 girls couldnt get by or didnt try and get by the bouncer as they watched her friend being dragged down the hall they didnt scream or yell. Why dont you enlight us with some facts instead of saying i believe ben did this cause a bunch of drunk people i dont know would never lie to me.

Duh, they ALL happened. Some guy named Chuck's friend was there that night and he saw Doc Brown show up in the Dalorean and told Ben ''we gotta do this Capital City thing a different way, you're gonna get jail time. There has to be another way! I tried to fix it already, but look at this photograph

http://www.wxdx.com/cc-common/mlib/2094/04/2094_1271433303.jpg

this girl is already starting to dissapear from time itself! Remember, you can't do the same thing twice. Come on Ben!''

''Doc but this is Millidgeville, there's no where anywhere we can get this thing up to 88 miles per hour.''

'Doc: Didn't you see the sequel? Where we're going, we don't need....roads.

Cape Cod Steel Head
04-17-2010, 12:50 PM
Any drunken female will do.

SteelersMongol
04-17-2010, 12:52 PM
Heidi Fleiss

:ttiwwp:

plenewken
04-17-2010, 12:57 PM
Whatever happened to that golfer?

Ben had an affair with Tiger Woods too? <wink>

St33lersguy
04-17-2010, 12:59 PM
I'm fairly confident that Dixon is much better than Korkie ever was. At least Dixon was having a great college career before blowing up his knee. All Korkie ever had was some miracle Flutiesque pass at the end of a game.

Just because someone has a successful college career doesn't mean they will be any good. Besides he looks like a running QB who can't throw very well.

steeldawg
04-17-2010, 01:01 PM
Duh, they ALL happened. Some guy named Chuck's friend was there that night and he saw Doc Brown show up in the Dalorean and told Ben ''we gotta do this Capital City thing a different way, you're gonna get jail time. There has to be another way! I tried to fix it already, but look at this photograph

this girl is already starting to dissapear from time itself! Remember, you can't do the same thing twice. Come on Ben!''

''Doc but this is Millidgeville, there's no where anywhere we can get this thing up to 88 miles per hour.''

Damn you Ben and your time travel antics!!!!!!!

LambertIsGod58
04-17-2010, 01:03 PM
Bradshaw may have been pro-fan.....but he was never alledged to have sexually assaulted somebody. TWICE!

Steely McSmash
04-17-2010, 01:06 PM
This is not news. We don't know what really happened and we probably never will.

There's no reason to trust a cop any more than a college student. It's a badge not a halo.

zulater
04-17-2010, 01:08 PM

:rofl:

vasteeler
04-17-2010, 01:08 PM
geez its not like he the size of that Giants back up a few years ago.....his name escapes me:noidea:

LambertIsGod58
04-17-2010, 01:11 PM
I wish The Rooney's would trade Ben. I for one have had enough of the off the field issues. He'll will NEVER be more than Bradshaw was to this organization. I say get the number one this year from the Rams and take Bradford or Claussen. No more headache.

MACH1
04-17-2010, 01:13 PM
I wish The Rooney's would trade Ben. I for one have had enough of the off the field issues. He'll will NEVER be more than Bradshaw was to this organization. I say get the number one this year from the Rams and take Bradford or Claussen. No more headache.

It will never happen.

I do have a bad feeling ben has played his last snap for the steelers though.

WeegiesWarriors
04-17-2010, 01:16 PM
That shouldn't be a bad feeling

steeldawg
04-17-2010, 01:20 PM
Does anyone think its strange that her family would send a letter asking for the Da not to press charges. If your a father and a guy is suspected of raping your daughter wouldnt you want him prosecuted? i understand you dont want media attention but shouldnt justice for your daughter be more important shouldnt be convicting a rapist to make sure he cant do it to some elses daughter more important?

zulater
04-17-2010, 01:22 PM
Does anyone think its strange that her family would send a letter asking for the Da not to press charges. If your a father and a guy is suspected of raping your daughter wouldnt you want him prosecuted? i understand you dont want media attention but shouldnt justice for your daughter be more important shouldnt be convicting a rapist to make sure he cant do it to some elses daughter more important?

:thumbsup:

steeldawg
04-17-2010, 01:25 PM
It will never happen.

I do have a bad feeling ben has played his last snap for the steelers though.

They are not gonna trade him the Rooneys are not stupid.

zulater
04-17-2010, 01:26 PM
That shouldn't be a bad feeling

Well not if mediocrity is your bag I suppose not, and given your posting name I'd say that's a strong possibility in your case. :chuckle:

Sorry, but Weegie Thompson? Nice guy but.... :doh:

:wink02:

plenewken
04-17-2010, 01:32 PM

First, her father has nothing to do with that. She's 20 and legally responsible. Second if the DA believes that there's not enough evidence for charging Ben, how could she pursue the case in criminal Court?

SteveS
04-17-2010, 01:42 PM
First, her father has nothing to do with that. She's 20 and legally responsible. Second if the DA believes that there's not enough evidence for charging Ben, how could she pursue the case in criminal Court?

Because according to her, she was raped. I don't care how much evidence you have in favor for or against you, if you feel you were a victim of a crime you are going to be intent on moving forward with charges. It's human nauture to want to. Its not her job to determine if there is enough evidence. That's the DA's job. If she believes a crime was committed against her, then she is a MORON for not pursuing.

Something doesn't add up.

Psyychoward86
04-17-2010, 01:55 PM
Um, anyone ever notice how this information is "according to a source with knowledge of the situation? Oh gee well guess what fellas, "according to a source with knowledge of the situation" Bruce Arians just got fired :rolleyes:

My point: Hey La Canfora, you toolbag, where are you getting this crap.

I'm going to quote this for truth. For all the toolbags who believe everything that comes out of the media's mouth.

plenewken
04-17-2010, 01:57 PM
Because according to her, she was raped. I don't care how much evidence you have in favor for or against you, if you feel you were a victim of a crime you are going to be intent on moving forward with charges. It's human nauture to want to. Its not her job to determine if there is enough evidence. That's the DA's job. If she believes a crime was committed against her, then she is a MORON for not pursuing.

Something doesn't add up.

In criminal Court, it's the State of GA vs Ben, not the 20yo girl vs. Ben
In civil Court, it's different. She could go after him if she wanted to but apparently she's not going to.
By the way, it's the same for Ben. If Ben believes he's been wrongly accused, he could go after her the same way he's going after Ms McNulty. Why doesn't he do it to clear his name?

Psyychoward86
04-17-2010, 02:05 PM
Sure we do, ugly, crazy and drunk.

Natalie Gulbis and Missy Peregrym?

steeldawg
04-17-2010, 02:07 PM

It says her family sent a letter to the da asking for not to file charges. my question is why?

Leftoverhard
04-17-2010, 02:09 PM
If a millionaire NFL quarterback doesn't have the skills to find an amazing girlfriend, well - there's not much helping him.

But if the fans must ban together in this quest, I think I found her...

http://unheraldedstudios.com/documents/adamBlog/Bride%20of%20Frankenstein.gif

SteveS
04-17-2010, 02:09 PM
In criminal Court, it's the State of GA vs Ben, not the 20yo girl vs. Ben
In civil Court, it's different. She could go after him if she wanted to but apparently she's not going to.
By the way, it's the same for Ben. If Ben believes he's been wrongly accused, he could go after her the same way he's going after Ms McNulty. Why doesn't he do it to clear his name?

I am pretty sure that the idea of an alleged victim deciding not to press charges in a crimal case is equivelant to saying "no crime occured". SInce she states she doesn't want to press charges, the authorities have no choice but to drop the case. The main reason being that since they have just lost her as a witness, they would have no case.

steeldawg
04-17-2010, 02:14 PM
I am pretty sure that the idea of an alleged victim deciding not to press charges in a crimal case is equivelant to saying "no crime occured". SInce she states she doesn't want to press charges, the authorities have no choice but to drop the case. The main reason being that since they have just lost her as a witness, they would have no case.

I agree

SteelerEmpire
04-17-2010, 02:16 PM
If a millionaire NFL quarterback doesn't have the skills to find an amazing girlfriend, well - there's not much helping him.

But if the fans must ban together in this quest, I think I found her...

http://unheraldedstudios.com/documents/adamBlog/Bride%20of%20Frankenstein.gif

Is that Amy Winehouse ? ( Notice her last name is "Winehouse").... Maybe Ben can use her last name ?

http://happyvalleynews.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/amy_winehouse0423081_nc.jpg

Godfather
04-17-2010, 02:22 PM
Any drunken female will do.

Someone already suggested Lindsay Lohan.

Leftoverhard
04-17-2010, 02:22 PM
Is that Amy Winehouse ? ( Notice her last name is "Winehouse").... Maybe Ben can use her last name ?

Might work - except I think she's only maybe 4 feet tall. Ben would accidentally kill her with one of his elbows.

plenewken
04-17-2010, 02:25 PM

In criminal cases the DA prosecutes regardless if there's a victim, regardless if there are witnesses.
The DA would have charged Ben if he had enough evidence against him, regardless of the victim's stance. In a rape case, it's much easier if the actual victim testifies but if there's enough evidence (like DNA), a DA wouldn't even need a testimony to win a guilty verdict.

steeldawg
04-17-2010, 02:29 PM
In criminal cases the DA prosecutes regardless if there's a victim, regardless if there are witnesses.
The DA would have charged Ben if he had enough evidence against him, regardless of the victim's stance. In a rape case, it's much easier if the actual victim testifies but if there's enough evidence (like DNA), a DA wouldn't even need a testimony to win a guilty verdict.

What? if there is no vivctim of a crime and no witnesses to a crime what exactly are they prosecuting for?

Vincent
04-17-2010, 02:39 PM
I think all this "rape" business is just a misunderstanding. Ben seems to like "rough". Thats where even really drunk bubbleheads get "the wrong idea". As Whoopie said about another celeb roughneck, "It wasn't 'rape' rape". Ben's like our Terry - the game ain't started til somebody's bleedin. :chuckle:

So who? Hmmmmm.

http://snarkerati.com/movie-news/files/2009/04/angelina-jolie.jpg

plenewken
04-17-2010, 02:45 PM
What? if there is no vivctim of a crime and no witnesses to a crime what exactly are they prosecuting for?

They are prosecuting for violating the Law, that's what DA do everyday.

Obviously, a rape case has a victim, but the victim doesn't have to testify. First, the victim could be dead, or too young to testify (child abuse) or simply not willing to testify for whatever reason.
Some criminal cases don't have victims and don't have witnesses; possession with intent to deliver, DUI, carrying without a license etc............

plenewken
04-17-2010, 02:49 PM
Susan Boyle

SaskSteeler
04-17-2010, 03:03 PM
How about this one? Then he can do what ever he wants and she'll never call the cops.

http://www.culturekitchen.com/files/Real-DollBritney12.JPG

BlastFurnace
04-17-2010, 03:05 PM
Perhaps Ben has found a new career already....found this on another site.

http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy156/Blast_Furnace/untitled.jpg

vasteeler
04-17-2010, 03:09 PM

SteelersBry79
04-17-2010, 03:16 PM
I'm glad he's sticking by Ben. It seems to me that no one wants anything to do with him even though NOTHING has been proven. It's good to see at least one person who wasn't afraid to speak his mind and speak the truth, but unfortunately, like all the others that did before, it cost him his job.

stillers4me
04-17-2010, 03:24 PM
Gawd....he wan't Ben's buddy. He was just calling as he sees it.

pete74
04-17-2010, 03:26 PM
They are not gonna trade him the Rooneys are not stupid.

if they get a good enough offer he will be gone. odds are nobody will risk two 1st round picks on him because of his problems so he will probably be back this season which is a good thing if he never does this crap again

SteelersBry79
04-17-2010, 03:27 PM
Bruce Arians just got fired :rolleyes:

When that day comes, I'll be a happy person. :thumbsup:

T.Richardson
04-17-2010, 03:28 PM
if they get a good enough offer he will be gone. odds are nobody will risk two 1st round picks on him because of his problems so he will probably be back this season which is a good thing if he never does this crap again

im positive teams like the 9ers, raiders, chiefs, rams, bills, ec..would still trade for him despite these situations.

SteelersBry79
04-17-2010, 03:37 PM
im positive teams like the 9ers, raiders, chiefs, rams, bills, ec..would still trade for him despite these situations.

I think just the opposite. I refuse to believe Ben's going anywhere. These situations are the exact reason why none of those teams would trade for him, because they wouldn't want the same thing happening to them. Ben's remaining a Steeler for a long time to come.

siss
04-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Taken from a blog trying to destroy Roethlisberger!

The truth says:
April 16, 2010 at 10:01 pm
I know most of you are not from Georgia and I may be the only person from Milledgeville, GA. Most of you do not realize that the Club is less than a block from the police station and we do not have crowded streets at that time of night. If these ladies were so concerned about the safety of their friend, they could have easily dialed 911 and the police could have run to the club faster than he could drive. Plus, the police are usually in that area any way and could have been in the club before anything went down. If she had dialed 911, the police would have been in the club within 30 seconds.

But regardless of what was reported and what was said by the DA, most of you do not know that Georgia has the most strict domestic abuse laws in the country. I have actually known a case where a man and wife got into an argument and she dialed 911. He disconnected the phone from the wall. The police were on the scene in a matter of minutes. The husband was arrested and put in jail. The wife refused to press charges, but the State took over the case and punished the guy to the fullest extent of the law.
I want to remind that they do not discriminate when it comes to applying the law, and there have been cases where two men have gotten into a fight and one pressed charges, but later had a change of mind. The state again takes the charges up. In fact, they do not care if it is a family fight; they will still press charges on the family member and may charge both.

Since I know how GA applies the laws in such cases, it says a lot that Big Ben was not charged because it was not enough evidence for the State. The state has some of the best lawyer who reviewed this case and trust me the decision to let Ben go free was not just the DA in Milledgeville. This is why the head of the GBI stated that if the victim did not come in talk to him, the case would be dropped because the State did not have sufficient evidence to charge Big Ben.

I will conclude that in most black community these girls are quickly becoming a laughing stock and the butt of joke. The latest charges if beyond belief if you actually apply some common sense. The lady stated that Big Ben exposed himself but she escaped, but a week later she shows up to another party and gets assaulted again. LLLLLLLLLLLLLL naw! Is it reasonable that a person would get in harm way, but return to get assaulted again? The evidence would suggest that she must have felt comfortable enough to be within arms reach? LLLLLLLLLLLLLL NAW!

PhantomJB93
04-17-2010, 04:02 PM
I think just the opposite. I refuse to believe Ben's going anywhere. These situations are the exact reason why none of those teams would trade for him, because they wouldn't want the same thing happening to them. Ben's remaining a Steeler for a long time to come.

Not every team has "standards" like we do. There are lots of teams that would trade a lot for a proven 2x Super Bowl QB coming off a 4000 yard season despite the off-field issues.

SteelersBry79
04-17-2010, 04:09 PM
Not every team has "standards" like we do. There are lots of teams that would trade a lot for a proven 2x Super Bowl QB coming off a 4000 yard season despite the off-field issues.

The Rooneys aren't stupid enough to trade their franchise player and arguably the player who revived the team into a championship winning one. The difference between Holmes and Ben is this: Holmes stupidly bragged what he was going to do, do it and got busted. Ben never said he did anything and was never charged or convicted. As for the "standards", they're a joke if you ask me. If Art Rooney was alive, he'd stand by Ben just like he did all his other players, no matter what was happening.

SteelersBry79
04-17-2010, 04:15 PM
That had to be written by a woman and she's spewing her man hating garbage without looking at all the facts. Furthermore, she has to be one of those religious types because she couldn't even type HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

SteelersBry79
04-17-2010, 04:21 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_GzXYfK-lDG4/SGkKSdv11UI/AAAAAAAAFQM/dnUzAqaEBS0/s400/Bridget+the+Midget.jpg

That's the perfect woman for Ben. She can't run faster than him and she's easy to tie up if he starts causing problems.

Florida_Steelers_Fan
04-17-2010, 04:36 PM
There is a very simple answer to all of this: the Rooney's sit down with Ben and get EXTREMELY honest with him regarding his behavior and lay it on the line.

They suspend him for 4 games (without pay) make him do community service to some battered woman's group. They get SERIOUS about this with him.

This guy, as much as I like him, has an ego problem and one day is going to get hooked up with the wrong girl (ie. underage) and the alcohol inside his system will take over. Ben is an arrest away from complete ruin...

The solution is not to trade him...it's to tell him to knock this shit off!

StainlessStill
04-17-2010, 04:36 PM
http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/954/bbso.jpg

Stone
04-17-2010, 04:39 PM
Associated Press

Ben Roethlisberger won't be prosecuted, and for that he can be thankful. If the distasteful details of things that might have happened in a Georgia nightclub look this bad on paper, imagine them being voiced aloud by a 20-year-old college student on the witness stand.

Not that the details of that night will end up mattering much to most Steelers fans. In the end, they'll be more concerned with the strength of Big Ben's right arm than the strength of his character, and a roomful of women coming forward with allegations of their own won't change that.

Sure, they're angry now, at least if talk radio is any indication. They have every right to be, if only because Roethlisberger is making them look silly for standing behind him when another woman filed a civil suit against him for what she says was a sexual assault in Lake Tahoe.

But it's the offseason, and the calls for the Steelers to part ways with their star quarterback will fade as the reality of a new season approaches.

Soon they'll be cheering with each snap he takes. They'll keep cheering unless Roethlisberger does something really stupid — like throw an interception that costs the Steelers a chance to get to the Super Bowl.

The Steelers will get over their anger, too. They'll give Roethlisberger a proper tongue lashing, perhaps get together with commissioner Roger Goodell to give him a four-game suspension to make sure he gets the message.

But don't expect them to cast Roethlisberger off the same way they cut ties with Santonio Holmes. Super Bowl-winning quarterbacks are harder to find than Super Bowl-winning wide receivers and the last thing anyone in Pittsburgh wants to see is Roethlisberger behind center for some other team in the division.

And then there's the money the hardworking people of Pittsburgh have invested in No. 7 jerseys. Wouldn't be right to make them find some other hero on such short notice.

Not to worry. Big Ben will be back, and so will his fans.

They'll show up at Heinz Field in their Roethlisberger jerseys as if nothing ever happened. Might even treat Roethlisberger to a standing ovation to help put his troubles behind him.

We're a forgiving country. And no one forgives more quickly than the fans who worship their sports idols.

We saw it last week at the Masters, where people cheered Tiger Woods like he was coming back from a life-threatening illness instead of a sex scandal. We saw it in St. Louis, where Mark McGwire received a standing ovation from fans who claim to revere the very game that he cheated and made a mockery of.

And we'll see a lot of it during the NBA playoffs when Kobe Bryant takes the court at Staples Center to try and lead the Lakers to another title.

Indeed, you don't need to look any further than Bryant's own sordid case a few years back to understand just how forgiving fans really are. Bryant was also accused of forcing himself on a young woman, and the details of their encounter were equally as disturbing as the reports that came out of Georgia the other day.

Unlike Roethlisberger, Bryant was actually charged with a felony crime. That's how I found myself in a courtroom with him in Eagle, Colo., where Bryant faced the possibility he could be playing basketball in prison for a long time.

I remember cringing as prosecutors laid out their case in such detail I could never look at Bryant the same way again. I also remember the dozens of fans who showed up outside the courthouse in Bryant replica jerseys to cheer him on as if he were playing the Knicks.

A few weeks later at an exhibition game in Las Vegas, I watched as some other fans climbed a wall to hold up signs welcoming him and proclaiming his innocence.

"The underwear tells the truth — Kobe is innocent," one read.

Whether he was innocent only he and the woman who accused him of rape will ever know. The charges were dropped when she suddenly decided she couldn't testify in court, and Bryant paid money later to settle a civil suit.

We may never know the full truth of what happened in Georgia, either. Based on the raunchy details in the investigative report, though, Roethlisberger should be thrilled that the only justice he's facing will be dispensed by Goodell and the Steelers.

About the only thing we do know for sure is that fans will keep cheering for them both.

Tim Dahlberg is a national sports columnist for The Associated Press.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gs_2Xqc9AdpUxbyPBEkY-BOisQnwD9F50L2O0

Florida_Steelers_Fan
04-17-2010, 04:42 PM
This could help...

http://www.dailywaste.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/02/steelers-fan.jpg

SteelerEmpire
04-17-2010, 04:42 PM
Amen...

Tone's Toes
04-17-2010, 04:43 PM
Seriously, I cheer him as a player, but I wouldn't want that jagoff going out with my daughter. Dude needs an idiot of his caliber and that's probably something like a pornstar.

steelerschik
04-17-2010, 04:44 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_GzXYfK-lDG4/SGkKSdv11UI/AAAAAAAAFQM/dnUzAqaEBS0/s400/Bridget+the+Midget.jpg

That's the perfect woman for Ben. She can't run faster than him and she's easy to tie up if he starts causing problems.

LOL, what the... Some of these are just hysterical! BUT Ben already had a steady girl not that long ago. She was from right here in Plum Borough. Never met her, but I know her parents and sister. She is GORGEOUS (dating Colts punter McAfee now) and he screwed that up. Her parents said he was always nice and respectful, but it was getting to the point he was going over to their house to see her father more than Gina. Liked golfing with him and was wanting Gina to move in with him. They never really said why they broke up, just that he was a crybaby when he didn't get his way. He was supposedly "devastated" when they broke up. Oddly, shortly before the whole devil went down to Georgia thing.

stb_steeler
04-17-2010, 04:44 PM
The Rooneys aren't stupid enough to trade their franchise player and arguably the player who revived the team into a championship winning one. The difference between Holmes and Ben is this: Holmes stupidly bragged what he was going to do, do it and got busted. Ben never said he did anything and was never charged or convicted. As for the "standards", they're a joke if you ask me. If Art Rooney was alive, he'd stand by Ben just like he did all his other players, no matter what was happening.

Anyone that thinks Ben is the first trouble maker for the Steelers is sadly mistaking. Your right Art would stand by Ben, i think he would rather at least try to guide him in the right direction, look what he did for Ernie Holmes in the 70's. Most on here wouldnt remember those incidents and that situation was way worse than Bens.

Florida_Steelers_Fan
04-17-2010, 04:51 PM
Anyone that thinks Ben is the first trouble maker for the Steelers is sadly mistaking. Your right Art would stand by Ben, i think he would rather at least try to guide him in the right direction, look what he did for Ernie Holmes in the 70's. Most on here wouldnt remember those incidents and that situation was way worse than Bens.

The internet & 24-hour media didn't exist then... These events cannot be compared because of the attention things get in today's media...

Preacher
04-17-2010, 04:55 PM

Sorry, even shooting at passing motorists or a helicopter isn't as bad as rape.

I swear, from what I am reading around here, I think a lot of people think rape is just rough sex that both enjoy.

SteelersBry79
04-17-2010, 04:55 PM
The internet & 24-hour media didn't exist then... These events cannot be compared because of the attention things get in today's media...

But I highly doubt Art Rooney would listen to the media. He would stick by the facts and ignore the 3rd party media.

Stone
04-17-2010, 04:57 PM

I swear, from what I am reading around here, I think a lot of people think rape is just rough sex that both enjoy.

Uh, Preacher, he wasn't charged with rape or anything else and there is a good reason for that! You might want to step down carefully off your high horse for a moment and actually read the case file, it is available online at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

SteelersBry79
04-17-2010, 05:00 PM
As I've said, the disloyal, fraudulent, fair weather fans call for his dismissal now, but in 4 months, they'll be cheering his name like no tomorrow.

HERE WE GO STEELERS!!!! :tt04:

stillers4me
04-17-2010, 05:02 PM
Lordy, I hope so.

Florida_Steelers_Fan
04-17-2010, 05:11 PM
Uh, Preacher, he wasn't charged with rape or anything else and there is a good reason for that! You might want to step down carefully off your high horse for a moment and actually read the case file, it is available online at the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

He's got the sermons in full gear today... You should read some of his other posts.

It should be a fun day in the pew for his church tomorrow morning...

plenewken
04-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Something tells me that we'll hear more boos than cheers when they call his name for the first time at Heinz Field next season and like I said before, he better bring his A+ game cause that's what people really care about. They could give 2 sh*ts about his personal well-being.

That is if he's not traded before the season starts......

Preacher
04-17-2010, 05:14 PM
Yeah, how about any of the sisters or daughters of you all who claim he is innocent and that it is only b!tches and wh0res that are having a change of mind "after being banged".

SteelersBry79
04-17-2010, 05:18 PM
Yeah, how about any of the sisters or daughters of you all who claim he is innocent and that it is only b!tches and wh0res that are having a change of mind "after being banged".

Easy here Preacher.......this is a joking thread. I don't think anyone here would actually put a family member in a situation like that.

I don't have any sisters or daughters, so I can get away with it! :flap:

steelreserve
04-17-2010, 05:26 PM
Any of these would seem to fit the bill ...

http://faildrunk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/drunk-girl.jpg

http://www.igotstiffed.com/wp-content/uploads/26/drunk%20woman%20at%20bar.JPG

Rdp616
04-17-2010, 05:38 PM
9 posts?? Am I 9 years old? I am pushing 44 and my opinion is as valid as yours. Maybe I'm more of a reader than a writer. Maybe this is an issue important enough for me to voice my opinion. Maybe you can kiss my a.. The girl was drunk, and looking for trouble. But he seemed to take advantage of her being drunk. Honorable guys don't do that. Creeps do. You want to condone his actions so you can remain a fan, fine. You want to give him the benefit of doubt because he was not convicted of a crime, fine. But I'm not a judge, just a fan. Football is very important to me, but not at the cost of my values. I'm going to take the road that does not allow me to root for a possible sex offender, or just a perverted creep. I'm still a Steeler fan, but I won't watch with him at QB. If I'm wrong, so be it.

PS: 1955 posts, get a fricken life!!!!!!!!!!!

If i was in a club and i seen a drunk girl with DTF on her shirt. Im taking her in the back:thumbsup: So if you we're a young rich guy you wouldn't be in clubs trying to get some tail? Do i smell a.....

Preacher
04-17-2010, 05:39 PM
Easy here Preacher.......this is a joking thread. I don't think anyone here would actually put a family member in a situation like that.

I don't have any sisters or daughters, so I can get away with it! :flap:

Why not? He is completely innocent and all this crap is just made up about him! Least that is what I have been told.

Rdp616
04-17-2010, 05:42 PM

Shooting at passing motorists isn't as bad as rape? Get the F***k outta here! Besides there was no rape....

stillers4me
04-17-2010, 05:42 PM
I'm concerned about road games. The rest of the team does not deserve boos. Not to mention our own fans being hassled.

Rdp616
04-17-2010, 05:45 PM
Anyone who is saying that way won't be cheering for him is just your average Bandwagoneer. They all jump ship when everything goes wrong. Me personally, i could give 2 shits if he raped the skank....Just win me Superbowls and make me happy!!

Preacher
04-17-2010, 05:48 PM

Um...

Ben Roethlisberger will not face a rape charge in connection with an incident at a Georgia nightclub last month,

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10103/1049925-66.stm#ixzz0lOcwiZxx

D.A. TRANSCRIPT....

The crime that was being investigated was rape. http://nationalsportsreview.com/sports/us/d-wil/2010/04/12/da-fred-bright-transcript-plus-the-post-statement-interview/

He was being investigated... FOR RAPE.

Sorry.

And there is a MAJOR difference between not having enough evidence FOR A CRIMINAL CONVICTION, and actually not doing it or not. Furthermore, there is another MAJOR difference between what Ben probably thought HE was doing, what the woman thought was being done TO HER.

But no, we can't have any of that. Just blame the ho right?

Preacher
04-17-2010, 05:49 PM
He's got the sermons in full gear today... You should read some of his other posts.

It should be a fun day in the pew for his church tomorrow morning...

Sermons?

Have I once mentioned Jesus Christ? Nope. So I haven't preached once.

In here, I am talking about common human decency.

Preacher
04-17-2010, 05:50 PM
Shooting at passing motorists isn't as bad as rape? Get the F***k outta here! Besides there was no rape....

Talk to shooting victims, talk to rape victims, then come back and tell me that it is as bad.

Thank you.

tube517
04-17-2010, 05:53 PM
He has to bring his A++ game there too. He's going to have to climb out of the mess and handle more adversity than anything else in his life.

If I can cheer for a team that went out of their way to bring Kent Graham (for cryin out loud) to this team. I'll cheer for Ben.

IS IT DRAFT DAY YET???

I'm concerned about road games. The rest of the team does not deserve boos. Not to mention our own fans being hassled.

Ricco Suavez
04-17-2010, 05:55 PM
Anyone who is saying that way won't be cheering for him is just your average Bandwagoneer. They all jump ship when everything goes wrong. Me personally, i could give 2 shits if he raped the skank....Just win me Superbowls and make me happy!!

Whoa there Fellow. You can check my posts and I defend Ben with the best, but to make a statement that you do not care if he raped her is too much. If he did indeed raped her I want him out of football not just a Steeler's uniform.

Stone
04-17-2010, 06:05 PM
Um...

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10103/1049925-66.stm#ixzz0lOcwiZxx

D.A. TRANSCRIPT....

http://nationalsportsreview.com/sports/us/d-wil/2010/04/12/da-fred-bright-transcript-plus-the-post-statement-interview/

He was being investigated... FOR RAPE.

Sorry.

And there is a MAJOR difference between not having enough evidence FOR A CRIMINAL CONVICTION, and actually not doing it or not. Furthermore, there is another MAJOR difference between what Ben probably thought HE was doing, what the woman thought was being done TO HER.

But no, we can't have any of that. Just blame the ho right?

Okay, I get it. He is guilty of this. No question. You said he is. They should have used your expertise during the investigation to bring him to justice! :banging:

Ricco Suavez
04-17-2010, 06:05 PM
That had to be written by a woman and she's spewing her man hating garbage without looking at all the facts. Furthermore, she has to be one of those religious types because she couldn't even type HELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL.

Correct me if wrong but she seems to be taking the mans side in this article.

Rdp616
04-17-2010, 06:09 PM
Correct me if wrong but she seems to be taking the mans side in this article.

Same here, it sounds like this article is taking Ben's side...

Rdp616
04-17-2010, 06:14 PM
Whoa there Fellow. You can check my posts and I defend Ben with the best, but to make a statement that you do not care if he raped her is too much. If he did indeed raped her I want him out of football not just a Steeler's uniform.

I wasn't aiming that post at you...And me not caring if he raped her is just the fact of it's none of my business. I only care about what he does on the field..:coffee:

Preacher
04-17-2010, 06:17 PM
Okay, I get it. He is guilty of this. No question. You said he is. They should have used your expertise during the investigation to bring him to justice! :banging:

Wow. Let's try to read my post again, shall we?

Rdp616
04-17-2010, 06:17 PM
Talk to shooting victims, talk to rape victims, then come back and tell me that it is as bad.

Thank you.

Most shooting victims are 6 feet under ground.....

Most rape victims are traumatized for a few years.....

Thank you.

Preacher
04-17-2010, 06:27 PM
Most shooting victims are 6 feet under ground.....

Thank you.
A few years? You REALLY need to learn what rape does to a human being. As someone else said in another thread, many rape victims WISH they WERE killed. It changes them for life.

SteelersinCA
04-17-2010, 06:28 PM

A FEW YEARS????? You have got to be kidding me. I think this is the part where you go back to the rock you have been hiding under. Get a grip.

Stone
04-17-2010, 06:31 PM

No thanks! Once was bad enough!

X-Terminator
04-17-2010, 06:31 PM

With all due respect, Preacher, it does appear you've pretty much tried and convicted Ben just from the language and the tone of your posts. If I'm wrong, then please clarify so that there's no misunderstanding.

SteelersinCA
04-17-2010, 06:33 PM
With all due respect, Preacher, it does appear you've pretty much tried and convicted Ben just from the language and the tone of your posts. If I'm wrong, then please clarify so that there's no misunderstanding.

I've got no problem trying and convicting him of deplorable behavior. He's a disgusting human being, although not a criminal.

X-Terminator
04-17-2010, 06:35 PM
I've got no problem trying and convicting him of deplorable behavior. He's a disgusting human being, although not a criminal.

Do you really think there aren't two sides of this story? Why is it that only one side is being believed? All we're getting so far is the alleged victim's side. We still know little about Ben's version of the incident.

I say he's guilty of being stupid and putting himself in these situations, but I'm not going to go so far as to call him a "disgusting human being." There are FAR worse people out there, not to mention the fact that this kind of stuff happens every single day. And yes, he is not a criminal.

I also find it hard to believe that seemingly nobody wants to give the man a chance to turn his life around.

BlastFurnace
04-17-2010, 06:36 PM
I cheer for a lot of athlethes that I don't admire as a person. I have no problem cheering Ben on. I won't boo him.

SteelersinCA
04-17-2010, 06:39 PM
Do you really think there aren't two sides of this story? Why is it that only one side is being believed?

Look I make my living not believing what is in police reports. You can always extract some semblance of truth out of them however. I don't care what the police say, I'm looking at the witnesses. They were obviously so distressed by her versions of events that they went to the first cop they saw.

I believe something happened in that bathroom that the victim did not want to happen. Either that or once she had sexual relations with him she immediately went into conniving bitch mode and began to fabricate this entire story. Not saying it was rape or not but something terrible happened there. Was the girl drunk? Who cares, that doesn't give any man license to take advantage of a woman. Maybe others disagree with that and if that is all Ben is guilty of, taking advantage of a very drunk girl, I still maintain that is despicable behavior.

X-Terminator
04-17-2010, 06:41 PM
Hey, fans are fickle. You don't hear jack about Kobe Bryant's incident, which makes Ben's alleged incident look like jaywalking in comparison. Why? Because he's won 2 championships since then and continues to be one of the best players, if not the best player, in the game.

Let him have another year like last year and another SB title, and the fans will be kissing his ass. Guaranteed.

X-Terminator
04-17-2010, 06:44 PM
Look I make my living not believing what is in police reports. You can always extract some semblance of truth out of them however. I don't care what the police say, I'm looking at the witnesses. They were obviously so distressed by her versions of events that they went to the first cop they saw.

I believe something happened in that bathroom that the victim did not want to happen. Either that or once she had sexual relations with him she immediately went into conniving bitch mode and began to fabricate this entire story. Not saying it was rape or not but something terrible happened there. Was the girl drunk? Who cares, that doesn't give any man license to take advantage of a woman. Maybe others disagree with that and if that is all Ben is guilty of, taking advantage of a very drunk girl, I still maintain that is despicable behavior.

Fair enough. Better response than those here who want to have him hanged. And as far as taking advantage of a drunk girl...what if the girl is the one to initiate it, and they end up doing the deed? Is he still despicable? A whole lot of guys would give in to that situation, and I'm willing to bet that most of them are NOT bad people. That is also an angle that no one has considered, even in light of the girl willingly engaging in sex talk with Ben at the time.

SteelersinCA
04-17-2010, 06:46 PM
Fair enough. Better response than those here who want to have him hanged.

I absolutely believe in the justice system, so he should not be hanged or jailed or anything like it. I know lots of people who aren't criminals that are equally miserable humans as some criminals. The two aren't mutually exclusive.

SteelersBry79
04-17-2010, 06:49 PM
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/379315-from-left-field-could-roethlisberger-be-a-chief

"Let's take a closer look at the logistics of this.
For a starting point to dispute, let's say the Chiefs offer Matt Cassel, the No. 5 overall pick and their first pick of the second round (No. 36) for Big Ben and the Steelers first-round pick (No. 18). I'm not saying I want the guy here, but let's just play along shall we?

For Pittsburgh, they receive a solid starting quarterback who would look much better throwing to Ward, Miller, Wallace, and Co. than the corps in KC. Secondly, they could draft offensive line help at No. 5, and fill needs at defensive back or DL with pick No. 36.

For the Chiefs, they would truly have a franchise QB to build around, not someone they hope is the answer.
Of course, they would have to find a way to muddle through the likely suspension of Roethlisberger at the start of 2010. This also means the Chiefs could draft an OT or LB at No. 18 (Charles Brown, Anthony Davis, Sergio Kindle, Jerry Hughes, or Brandon Graham).

It hurts not to have that high second-round pick, but the Chiefs would pick at No. 50 and No. 52 and could land more help on the defensive side of the ball with a safety (Nate Allen or Chad Jones), LB (Koa Misi or Jason Worilds), or DT (Cam Thomas). They could also look to land an extra weapon for Roethlisberger with Golden Tate, Arrelious Benn, Damian Williams, or TE Rob Gronkowski."

Thoughts?

Florida_Steelers_Fan
04-17-2010, 06:52 PM
Hey Preach...

You should Read Romans 1-2 sometime... In chapter 1 Paul mentions the "wrath of God being revealed..." His wrath, noted here, is not a force of terror, but rather God deciding to remove Himself from the presence of people (should they choose to reject Him). The theme, then, is "godlessness"...

Paul mentions THREE groups of people who live under God's wrath: those who 1) live in depravity & abject sinfulness... 2) Those how SIT IN JUDGMENT of the first group (starting in chapter 2)... And 3) those who think their devotion to the law (making comparisons to those who don't) will save them. As Max Lucado once wrote: "The first sits on the bar stool...the second on the Judge's bench...and the third a church pew."

Paul's point? ALL THREE GROUPS ARE EQUALLY LOST.

My point? Don't be so quick to point a finger at Ben... I'm guessing you and I both have things in our lives that make us look not so pretty. The only difference between you & I and Ben is that he's a popular quarterback making millions of dollars. And I know that you know that whether your sin is gossip or my sin is pride or Ben's sin is immorality - ALL THREE OF US ARE EQUALLY lost in our sin...

Not that I want to preach here, but I think a number of us here are a little bothered by your conviction of Ben as this terrible serial rapist who has committed the unforgivable... If I were you I'd let up as I think your credibility has taken a dent here because of your forceful and incriminating language about Ben...

Preacher
04-17-2010, 07:00 PM

Ok, let's see if I can clarify... That's a good point X-term.

1. I have a very big problem with the attitude ON THIS BOARD that Ben must be innocent, because he is our QB. It is very prevalent.
a. That is leading people to make very inane comments about rape. It isn't something that some can just "Get over in a few years" though people have said so. Someone can't be "too ugly to be raped" though that is what a number of people actually said, though not in so many words, about McNulty.

b. That is also leading people to make assumptions about these women's character. They have been tried and convicted as being wh0res and tra mps and the like ONLY because they have spoken out in a situation where they say they have felt sexually taken advantage of.

c. Ocho Stinko was accused of reneging on a raffle drawing for a car. The outrage here was unbelievable. He was trash. A bad citizen. Ben has now been accused twice in legal proceedings, and two more times outside of legal proceedings, of being a sexual predator. Two of those accusations are actually of rape. However, on this board, Ocho Stinko is still the slimeball and Ben is still completely innocent and is the victim.
2. No one disputes the facts that Ben had 20 year olds sitting around him drunk. No disputes the facts that one of his body guards led a drunk 20 year old into a hallway (or sideroom). No one disputes the facts that Ben was in the bathroom alone with a drunk twenty year old (even Ben says he was). There has been no disputation of the fact that the door was locked. Willie Colon was right there, yet he hasn't said one word in support of his QB., not even AFTER charges weren't filed.

Based on those facts. Not whether they had sex or not, not whether it was rape or not. Based on the facts that Ben has himself in that situation with a pending lawsuit already concerning being a sexual predator, I conclude that he is a complete idiot.

3. Add to that the fact that there are a total of four different claims that are out there now. Two of which want nothing to do with the law, and no suit was ever filed. Yet, with everything that has come out, those two claims came out SECOND HAND. That is, there was no notoriety nor money sought. Coupled with the first two claims, that tells me that there is something going on.

Do I know if it is rape? Nope. Not at all. I know he was being INVESTIGATED for rape. But I do not know what happened there. Based on what I see however, and the fact that there are four widely distributed claims that all seem to have a similar foundation, I can and do surmise that something happened, whereby the woman felt something was done against their will. My OWN belief, is that (and I have said this before), Ben just thinks he is sauve, and is "Talking the girl out of her pants". We all have been there. However, these girls think there is something very different going on. Add alcohol to the mix, and you have a situation where Ben thinks its one way, the women think it is very different, and reality may be a completely third option.

For these reasons, I conclude right now that as a Person, Ben is a reprehensible person that I wouldn't want my family, my friends, or even my enemies around.

However, many people around here are acting as if this is all some kind of evil scheme to discredit Ben and the Steelers.

Preacher
04-17-2010, 07:08 PM
Hey Preach...

You should Read Romans 1-2 sometime... In chapter 1 Paul mentions the "wrath of God being revealed..." His wrath, noted here, is not a force of terror, but rather God deciding to remove Himself from the presence of people (should they choose to reject Him). The theme, then, is "godlessness"...

Paul mentions THREE groups of people who live under God's wrath: those who 1) live in depravity & abject sinfulness... 2) Those how SIT IN JUDGMENT of the first group (starting in chapter 2)... And 3) those who think their devotion to the law (making comparisons to those who don't) will save them. As Max Lucado once wrote: "The first sits on the bar stool...the second on the Judge's bench...and the third a church pew."

Paul's point? ALL THREE GROUPS ARE EQUALLY LOST.

My point? Don't be so quick to point a finger at Ben... I'm guessing you and I both have things in our lives that make us look not so pretty. The only difference between you & I and Ben is that he's a popular quarterback making millions of dollars. And I know that you know that whether your sin is gossip or my sin is pride or Ben's sin is immorality - ALL THREE OF US ARE EQUALLY lost in our sin...

Not that I want to preach here, but I think a number of us here are a little bothered by your conviction of Ben as this terrible serial rapist who has committed the unforgivable... If I were you I'd let up as I think your credibility has taken a dent here because of your forceful and incriminating language about Ben...

The day you counsel rape victims, and see the hell they go through. You will understand exactly how I can say each and every thing I am saying now.

Furthermore, as I said to XT, I have not, in any place, said that I know Ben raped them. I have said that Ben has put himself in horrible situations. I have said that evidence/claims is suggesting a pattern, etc. etc.

What I AM doing, is responding to the ignorance on this board concerning rape. Since, because he is OUR QB, he could NEVER have done that!

I could care less if my "credibility" has taken a dent because I don't tow the Steelers Line. I also notice you have not ONCE defended any of the women who thought Ben did rape them. Are they all damned? Have they all committed the unpardonable sin? Around here, the answer seems to be yes. They accused Ben.

SteelersBry79
04-17-2010, 07:18 PM
The day you counsel rape victims, and see the hell they go through. You will understand exactly how I can say each and every thing I am saying now.

Furthermore, as I said to XT, I have not, in any place, said that I know Ben raped them. I have said that Ben has put himself in horrible situations. I have said that evidence/claims is suggesting a pattern, etc. etc.

What I AM doing, is responding to the ignorance on this board concerning rape. Since, because he is OUR QB, he could NEVER have done that!

I could care less if my "credibility" has taken a dent because I don't tow the Steelers Line. I also notice you have not ONCE defended any of the women who thought Ben did rape them. Are they all damned? Have they all committed the unpardonable sin? Around here, the answer seems to be yes. They accused Ben.

I respect what you're saying and in a way I agree with you. But I speak for Ben's defenders when I say where is the evidence that he did something illegal? It's all been accusations and nothing more. Innocent until proven guilty. Ben is innocent of rape IMO, but guilty for being a moron, but that's not against the law.

Now I can't speak for the rest, but I never felt that even though he is our QB, he's innocent. It could be Troy Polamalu for instance that's in Ben's shoes, and we'd all say he's innocent. Show us the evidence of the crime he supposedly committed. If Ben is guilty, I'll be one of the first to say put him in jail. But since he didn't commit a crime, why should I not defend him when he's not being charged?

JSH6487
04-17-2010, 07:19 PM
Preacher the thing is no one gives a rats ass what kind of person Ben is...as long as he's tossing touchdowns baby!

SteelersBry79
04-17-2010, 07:24 PM
Preacher the thing is no one gives a rats ass what kind of person Ben is

I couldn't agree more! I don't give a shit what Ben or any of the Steelers do in their spare time. The same goes for all athletes, celebrites, rock stars, movie stars, etc. I DON'T CARE. What I DO care about is what Ben and the Steelers do on the field. That's why we watch them right?

SteelersinCA
04-17-2010, 07:25 PM
Preacher the thing is no one gives a rats ass what kind of person Ben is...as long as he's tossing touchdowns baby!

Speak for yourself. Also, it's apparent to me you are not that knowledgeable of a Steelers fan if you don't know that the someone's who do give a rats ass are the Rooney's. :hatsoff:

HometownGal
04-17-2010, 07:26 PM

No disrespect Father - when was Ben charged with rape?

I don't take the subject of rape lightly for my own very personal reasons, but it doesn't take a Mensa scholar to see that this chick, just like the apples-through-picket-fence-eater in LV, did the doo doo with Ben knowing full well his celebrity status and enormous wallet, and decided to cry "sexual assault/rape" hoping to cash in on a big payday. I am as sure of this as I am that the Bungles suck. :chuckle:

Shoes
04-17-2010, 07:27 PM

I think your wrong. I think more people care than you think.

KeiselPower99
04-17-2010, 07:31 PM
Any of these would seem to fit the bill ...

http://faildrunk.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/drunk-girl.jpg

http://www.igotstiffed.com/wp-content/uploads/26/drunk%20woman%20at%20bar.JPG

None of this kind PLEASE!!!

HometownGal
04-17-2010, 07:38 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_E8BpJEni77I/SqfCLYA-q9I/AAAAAAAAKdM/QXG55rghJHI/s400/fat-steelers-fan2.jpg

The beefalo in the middle. She could sit on him the entire offseason. :pig:

JSH6487
04-17-2010, 07:38 PM
I think your wrong. I think more people care than you think.

Well they shouldn't...as long as he isn't charged criminally. Who the hell watches and is a fan of football because the players have good morals? I could careless if Ben is the most rotten human being on the face of the planet, as long as he keeps throwing touchdowns and winning Super Bowls.

Stone
04-17-2010, 07:40 PM
I see Steigerwald is at it again....

http://online.indianagazette.com/articles/2010/04/17/b_reg_sports/10040430.txt

sackmaster56
04-17-2010, 07:40 PM
I didnt think I would ever say this, but TRADE BEN while he may still have some value.

steelerdude15
04-17-2010, 07:42 PM
Yeah I think it the person is taking his side.

Preacher
04-17-2010, 07:44 PM
No disrespect Father - when was Ben charged with rape?

I don't take the subject of rape lightly for my own very personal reasons, but it doesn't take a Mensa scholar to see that this chick, just like the apples-through-picket-fence-eater in LV, did the doo doo with Ben knowing full well his celebrity status and enormous wallet, and decided to cry "sexual assault/rape" hoping to cash in on a big payday. I am as sure of this as I am that the Bungles suck. :chuckle:

Sorry HTG, the logic cuts both ways. There is just as much reason to believe her side of the story as there is his.

The problem I am having on this board, is the "circle the wagons" mentality because of the laundry he wears come Sunday.

I personally think it is despicable. Everyone is clamoring for Ben to get a fair shake. But very few seem to care at all about these women getting a fair shake. They are IMMEDIATELY condemned... Or worse, that they are "too ugly to be raped."

Do we really have to degrade the women just because they accuse someone that where laundry we like? For everyone saying that no one knows what happened, and that Ben is innocent until proven guilty. I sure wish that was true for the ones who claimed rape as well.

Stone
04-17-2010, 07:57 PM
Sorry HTG, the logic cuts both ways. There is just as much reason to believe her side of the story as there is his.

The problem I am having on this board, is the "circle the wagons" mentality because of the laundry he wears come Sunday.

I personally think it is despicable. Everyone is clamoring for Ben to get a fair shake. But very few seem to care at all about these women getting a fair shake. They are IMMEDIATELY condemned... Or worse, that they are "too ugly to be raped."

Do we really have to degrade the women just because they accuse someone that where laundry we like? For everyone saying that no one knows what happened, and that Ben is innocent until proven guilty. I sure wish that was true for the ones who claimed rape as well.

Goodness. I haven't seen that at all, here or certainly not anywhere else. In fact, from all that I have read and heard the "torches and pitchfork" crowd is out in abundance.

The bottom line is no charges were filed....and if you took the time to read that case and those statements (to include all of her statements), you can't possibly tell me that you don't have doubts about the veracity of her claims. If you did read it and still have no doubts, then that really says more about you than it does Ben at this point and there's no sense discussing it further with you.

Florida_Steelers_Fan
04-17-2010, 08:02 PM
...Trade him to the Browns.

Why not? They need a quarterback. He's from Ohio. He'd be close enough that his detractors would still be able to keep a close on his every move.

And when Ben annihilates us twice a year, and Dennis Dixon has led us to a 6-10 record, we can all cheer Dennis' model behavior...

This is all going to fade away...

wiz1120
04-17-2010, 08:02 PM

I would love for women to get a fair shake. They absolutely deserve it, and so does ben. Obviously.

I read these stories of Ben with horror and shame. But you NEED to keep a few things in mind.

We don't know Ben's side of the story. And when we find that out, how do we take sides in a he said she said thing? How can you possibly side with someone on a case like this.

There is another point I would like to make. We can all agree that Steeler fans would have run Ben out of town if this would have gone to trial. The fans, Rooneys, and the whole city of Pittsburgh wouldn't put up with this behavior, whether or not he did it.

Here's a story.
Kobe Bryant was accused, in very vivid detail, of choking and holding down a girl to rape her. There are even worse details in the case. A case, might I add, that sounds worse than any of Ben's.
What did the lakers do? As a team and an organization, they stood by his side throughout the entire process. Bryant even went to trial!!!

Obviously, as the trial went on, details emerged that she was lying. One witness actually said she was bragging about having sex the day after at a party (sound familiar)?

What am I getting at? As a city, Pittsburgh needs to take its foot off the gas and let this play out. There is no reason to make a quick decision. A decision that will change the franchise for years to come.

I consider Pittsburgh fans to be some of the most loyal out there. Why are so many of you willing to turn on someone without knowing his side of the story? Why must we "trade him now", or "get him the hell out"?
And lastly, why does the city of Los Angeles look like a more loyal and supportive fan base then us?

Stone
04-17-2010, 08:05 PM
I would love for women to get a fair shake. They absolutely deserve it, and so does ben. Obviously.

I read these stories of Ben with horror and shame. But you NEED to keep a few things in mind.

We don't know Ben's side of the story. And when we find that out, how do we take sides in a he said she said thing? How can you possibly side with someone on a case like this.

There is another point I would like to make. We can all agree that Steeler fans would have run Ben out of town if this would have gone to trial. The fans, Rooneys, and the whole city of Pittsburgh wouldn't put up with this behavior, whether or not he did it.

Here's a story.
Kobe Bryant was accused, in very vivid detail, of choking and holding down a girl to rape her. There are even worse details in the case. A case, might I add, that sounds worse than any of Ben's.
What did the lakers do? As a team and an organization, they stood by his side throughout the entire process. Bryant even went to trial!!!

Obviously, as the trial went on, details emerged that she was lying. One witness actually said she was bragging about having sex the day after at a party (sound familiar)?

What am I getting at? As a city, Pittsburgh needs to take its foot off the gas and let this play out. There is no reason to make a quick decision. A decision that will change the franchise for years to come.

I consider Pittsburgh fans to be some of the most loyal out there. Why are so many of you willing to turn on someone without knowing his side of the story? Why must we "trade him now", or "get him the hell out"?
And lastly, why does the city of Los Angeles look like a more loyal and supportive fan base then us?

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

wiz1120
04-17-2010, 08:05 PM
...Trade him to the Browns.

Why not? They need a quarterback. He's from Ohio. He'd be close enough that his detractors would still be able to keep a close on his every move.

And when Ben annihilates us twice a year, and Dennis Dixon has led us to a 6-10 record, we can all cheer Dennis' model behavior...

The Steelers would rather pay him $11 million to sit on the bench than trade him to cleveland.

JSH6487
04-17-2010, 08:07 PM

Here's a story.

Great post.

Shoes
04-17-2010, 08:09 PM
Goodness. I haven't seen that at all, here or certainly not anywhere else. In fact, from all that I have read and heard the "torches and pitchfork" crowd is out in abundance.

The bottom line is no charges were filed....and if you took the time to read that case and those statements (to include all of her statements), you can't possibly tell me that you don't have doubts about the veracity of her claims. If you did read it and still have no doubts, then that really says more about you than it does Ben at this point and there's no sense discussing it further with you.

That's fine Stone but let's not hear another word trashing an AFC north player from another team. No charges were filed but my gut and 56 years of living tell me otherwise.

Preacher
04-17-2010, 08:09 PM

The bottom line is no charges were filed....and if you took the time to read that case and those statements (to include all of her statements), you can't possibly tell me that you don't have doubts about the veracity of her claims. If you did read it and still have no doubts, then that really says more about you than it does Ben.

I read through it.

When I read through all of the claims, I do not believe any of them are "Making it up" at all.

Eye-witness reports are very unreliable. Look, I am not a lawyer (thank goodness). But I deal with Historical reconstruction in my field. I literally take two or three historical documents, lay them aside of scripture, put aside all my beliefs about the bible, and historically try to reconstruct what the actual event was. Then, I look to see how the biblical authors interpreted that event in their writings. Did they completely fabricate stuff? (The Chronicler does all the time. Of course, that is absolutely fine and doesn't violate inerrancy, because of the chronicler's task and intent... which isn't history. But that is a completely different topic!). Did they reinterpret actual events? Was there two sides to the same event? etc. etc.

When I apply those same skills to the texts I read concerning that evening. I saw two things that stood out to me.

1. There were enough discrepancies that told me they didn't get together and fabricate a story. That is very important.

2. The core facts were all very accurate. Certain things the cop said, or how the girl originally left the room was all corroborated. That too is very important. It means that while they did see different things, the big things were all seen the same way.

3. Even Ben said that he was "messing around" in the back with the girl.

None of those things in and of themselves prove rape. I have never said they did. However, they also don't disprove rape, or prove that the girl "had it coming" for having DTF on a badge.

Shoes
04-17-2010, 08:12 PM
Well they shouldn't...as long as he isn't charged criminally. Who the hell watches and is a fan of football because the players have good morals? I could careless if Ben is the most rotten human being on the face of the planet, as long as he keeps throwing touchdowns and winning Super Bowls.

I can tell you, your thoughts and the Rooneys are miles apart.....and theirs are the only ones that matter.

JSH6487
04-17-2010, 08:17 PM

LOL exactly. Since everyone all of a sudden on this board watches football because the players all have great morals.

siss
04-17-2010, 08:25 PM
He's not a rapist and I would have him in bed by 9 o'clock at night...and up by 6!

Prok
04-17-2010, 08:25 PM
LOL

I could only imagine how happy the haters would be with this trade.

Hell, ya'd think he already plays for the clowns the way some are treatin' him.

:chuckle:

Preacher
04-17-2010, 08:26 PM
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_E8BpJEni77I/SqfCLYA-q9I/AAAAAAAAKdM/QXG55rghJHI/s400/fat-steelers-fan2.jpg

The beefalo in the middle. She could sit on him the entire offseason. :pig:

HTG, Now I am really disappointed in you.

Where has your sense gone?

Sign her for the O line DURING THE SEASON! :wink02:

siss
04-17-2010, 08:27 PM
I think Ben would enjoy beating us twice more then he enjoys beating the Clowns now. And he doesn't like the clowns. He grew up hating them. Which is another reason I think he was born to be the steelers QB.

MACH1
04-17-2010, 08:39 PM
If he gets traded, buffalo would be a good place.

MACH1
04-17-2010, 08:44 PM
He needs one of these to keep him on the straight and narrow.

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/a-women-bodybuilder-trainwreck-16.jpg

Sansi
04-17-2010, 09:06 PM
If he gets traded, buffalo would be a good place.

To Carolina straight up for Matt Moore and Steve Smith.

Leftoverhard
04-17-2010, 09:10 PM
I don't think anybody hates him - just disappointed, embarrassed. Plus - that's just sacrilege.

Psyychoward86
04-17-2010, 09:16 PM
sorry, already posted: http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=50523
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=50389
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=50601
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=50524
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=50578
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=50583
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=50516
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=50593
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=50599
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=50549
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=50434
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=50563
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=50535
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=50445
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=50515
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=50470
http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=50507

Psyychoward86
04-17-2010, 09:17 PM
Um, anyone ever notice how this information is "according to a source with knowledge of the situation? Oh gee well guess what fellas, "according to a source with knowledge of the situation" Bruce Arians just got fired :rolleyes:

My point: Hey La Canfora, you toolbag, where are you getting this crap.

^
l
l
l
Greatest post in this thread

Florida_Steelers_Fan
04-17-2010, 09:20 PM
He needs one of these to keep him on the straight and narrow.

http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/a-women-bodybuilder-trainwreck-16.jpg

LOL...that'll cause limpness quicker than anything!!!

But then again, it might cause one to WANT to drink...

NEPAsteeler
04-17-2010, 09:35 PM

...and counting. :doh:

Prok
04-17-2010, 09:44 PM

lol

Indo
04-17-2010, 09:47 PM
YOI! AND DOUBLE YOI!!

Steel Warrior
04-17-2010, 09:47 PM
Are you serious? Suit for what? And if I'm the Steelers the, I counter suit. For damaging my image as a business. Ben just needs to find a steady girlfriend, and go from there.

The better question is are you serious? Ben hasn't been charged with anything. He needs to grow up but for now, if they hit me with those, that would be what I'd do. Suspend me and I'll take the the actions I originally posted, period.

JSH6487
04-17-2010, 10:01 PM
Perhaps Ben has found a new career already....found this on another site.

http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy156/Blast_Furnace/untitled.jpg

You can't blame the wang!

harts
04-17-2010, 10:01 PM
When Keeping it real goes wrong
ridiculous
Ben is not worth getting fired or having to resign

I Dont doubt that this cop is right but he shouldnt have said it

Ricco Suavez
04-17-2010, 10:03 PM
I find it very telling that the court of public opinion has no comments on this woman's view. She from right there in the town with some local info as to the situation.

X-Terminator
04-17-2010, 10:06 PM
Ok, let's see if I can clarify... That's a good point X-term.

1. I have a very big problem with the attitude ON THIS BOARD that Ben must be innocent, because he is our QB. It is very prevalent.
a. That is leading people to make very inane comments about rape. It isn't something that some can just "Get over in a few years" though people have said so. Someone can't be "too ugly to be raped" though that is what a number of people actually said, though not in so many words, about McNulty.

b. That is also leading people to make assumptions about these women's character. They have been tried and convicted as being wh0res and tra mps and the like ONLY because they have spoken out in a situation where they say they have felt sexually taken advantage of.

c. Ocho Stinko was accused of reneging on a raffle drawing for a car. The outrage here was unbelievable. He was trash. A bad citizen. Ben has now been accused twice in legal proceedings, and two more times outside of legal proceedings, of being a sexual predator. Two of those accusations are actually of rape. However, on this board, Ocho Stinko is still the slimeball and Ben is still completely innocent and is the victim.
2. No one disputes the facts that Ben had 20 year olds sitting around him drunk. No disputes the facts that one of his body guards led a drunk 20 year old into a hallway (or sideroom). No one disputes the facts that Ben was in the bathroom alone with a drunk twenty year old (even Ben says he was). There has been no disputation of the fact that the door was locked. Willie Colon was right there, yet he hasn't said one word in support of his QB., not even AFTER charges weren't filed.

Based on those facts. Not whether they had sex or not, not whether it was rape or not. Based on the facts that Ben has himself in that situation with a pending lawsuit already concerning being a sexual predator, I conclude that he is a complete idiot.

3. Add to that the fact that there are a total of four different claims that are out there now. Two of which want nothing to do with the law, and no suit was ever filed. Yet, with everything that has come out, those two claims came out SECOND HAND. That is, there was no notoriety nor money sought. Coupled with the first two claims, that tells me that there is something going on.

Do I know if it is rape? Nope. Not at all. I know he was being INVESTIGATED for rape. But I do not know what happened there. Based on what I see however, and the fact that there are four widely distributed claims that all seem to have a similar foundation, I can and do surmise that something happened, whereby the woman felt something was done against their will. My OWN belief, is that (and I have said this before), Ben just thinks he is sauve, and is "Talking the girl out of her pants". We all have been there. However, these girls think there is something very different going on. Add alcohol to the mix, and you have a situation where Ben thinks its one way, the women think it is very different, and reality may be a completely third option.

For these reasons, I conclude right now that as a Person, Ben is a reprehensible person that I wouldn't want my family, my friends, or even my enemies around.

However, many people around here are acting as if this is all some kind of evil scheme to discredit Ben and the Steelers.

I certainly see your point now, and thanks for the clarification. But I still think it's very premature and over-the-top to call Ben a reprehensible person. If that's the case, then every college kid who has ever had sex with a girl in a bar must be a reprehensible person as well. Because again, this stuff happens every single day. I've seen it with my own eyes - gone into bars where similar things like this have happened. A guy and a girl suddenly disappear into a back room...and I'm sure they weren't playing chess in there. I highly doubt that all of these guys are reprehensible people.

As for the girl, when there is a concerted effort to get her side and ONLY her side out in the public, how do you expect people to react? We still have yet to hear Ben's full version of what happened that night, and yet, everyone is rushing to judgment and labeling him a horrible person. If it's OK for people to rush to judge Ben, then it's OK for people to rush to judge the girl and her motives. Not only that, the girl WILLINGLY engaged in sex talk with Ben and did not give any indication that she didn't want things to go any further. Why doesn't anyone mention that? If she didn't want to have sex, then A) don't engage in sex talk; and B) if you do, make sure you emphasize that it's only TALK and not an agreement to have sex. It's common sense. But since she's the "victim," no one is questioning her judgment or common sense - only Ben's. She is no better than him in that regard.

austinfrench76
04-17-2010, 10:07 PM
If I were Ben and I did not do it, I would be screaming on every ESPN newscast taht I could that I didn't do anything. I said this about baseball players accused of steroid use that swore they never used. Be the one screaming form the mountain top to test you adn okay the release of all of your past test. Ben should be going nuts at people accusing him of things that were never proven in court. The "other' cases that are coming out of the wood work would be served with a law suit for slander or defamation. That's what i would do if I were Ben.

JSH6487
04-17-2010, 10:10 PM
If I were Ben and I did not do it, I would be screaming on every ESPN newscast taht I could that I didn't do anything. I said this about baseball players accused of steroid use that swore they never used. Be the one screaming form the mountain top to test you adn okay the release of all of your past test. Ben should be going nuts at people accusing him of things that were never proven in court. The "other' cases that are coming out of the wood work would be served with a law suit for slander or defamation. That's what i would do if I were Ben.

Well, I don't think Ben wants to go public and admit that he screwed a drunk 20 yr old chick in a public bathroom. I don't blame him for that.

No one is denying that happened, just the part about it being rape.

BlastFurnace
04-17-2010, 10:11 PM

Here's a story.

Great Post! I want to hear all the details from both sides. The one thing I think we all agree on is that Ben needs to grow up and start acting like someone who has some morals. He is now in the same category as James Harrison in my book...a person that I wouldn't even ask for their autograph or care to even get to know.

As far as the girls are concerned, I have no idea of what % they say is true. I don't think they made everything up.

It's all confusing to me, but because all of the facts are not out and that the DA decided not to press with charges, that I have to trust the legal system.

Stone
04-17-2010, 10:18 PM
That's fine Stone but let's not hear another word trashing an AFC north player from another team. No charges were filed but my gut and 56 years of living tell me otherwise.

When did I ever trash another player? I don't trash players of any teams.

MACH1
04-17-2010, 10:19 PM
LOL...that'll cause limpness quicker than anything!!!

But then again, it might cause one to WANT to drink...

Not if you have a woman that can kick your ass. :chuckle:

desertsteel
04-17-2010, 10:20 PM
IDC just get rid of him

Shoes
04-17-2010, 10:30 PM
When did I ever trash another player? I don't trash players of any teams.

I meant it in a general way.... to the forum. You haven't been here long enough :chuckle:

RoethlisBURGHer
04-17-2010, 10:34 PM
If I were Ben Roethlisberger, this is what I would do:

After the announcement about the punishment, I would hold a press conference of my own. I would say:

"I take responsibility for my actions. Though I did nothing illegal, I made a bad decision and put the NFL and the Pittsburgh Steelers in a tough spot, I put myself in a horrible spot. I need to conduct myself better. Playing in the National Football League and for the Pittsburgh Steelers is an honor that few people get in their lifetime. I accept the punishment given to me, and I promise to do better in the future. The Rooneys, the NFL, my teammates, and the fans deserve that. Thank you.

Bros before hoes!"

Shea
04-17-2010, 10:36 PM
XT - I don't think we will be hearing from Ben on this matter.

After he read his statement, I truly believe he then put the situation to bed as far as publicly speaking about it, and will now refuse to answer any further questions or make anymore statements.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-17-2010, 10:37 PM
The better question is are you serious? Ben hasn't been charged with anything. He needs to grow up but for now, if they hit me with those, that would be what I'd do. Suspend me and I'll take the the actions I originally posted, period.

The Steelers have every right to suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team. Not even the NFLPA would fight that.

Steel Warrior
04-17-2010, 10:38 PM
If Ben's horny, I'm sure he's buddies could hook him up with some "escorts" that don't talk, kinda like some of the ones Tiger hooked up with, that still aren't talking. No need to be so stupid in this day and age. Any man can go to a place like escorts.com and take it from there.

Shea
04-17-2010, 10:42 PM
Also, after reading thru this thread and another, I couldn't agree more with what Preacher and SteelersinCA have posted.

Great posts guys! :thumbsup:

RoethlisBURGHer
04-17-2010, 10:43 PM
I find it very telling that the court of public opinion has no comments on this woman's view. She from right there in the town with some local info as to the situation.

The court of public opinion does not listen to the other view, no matter how much sense the said view makes.

As for what I read, it sounds like she is taking Ben's side and calling BS not only on the night club incident but the one supposedly at Ben's own home.

My opinion: Ben Roethlisberger needs to sell his home and any property in Georgia. He needs to only return to that state to play the Falcons or in the Super Bowl. He shouldn't take a flight that has a connecting flight in the state.

tony hipchest
04-17-2010, 10:44 PM
sorry, already posted:

:chuckle: you missed some-

siss
04-17-2010, 10:50 PM
The court of public opinion does not listen to the other view, no matter how much sense the said view makes.

As for what I read, it sounds like she is taking Ben's side and calling BS not only on the night club incident but the one supposedly at Ben's own home.

My opinion: Ben Roethlisberger needs to sell his home and any property in Georgia. He needs to only return to that state to play the Falcons or in the Super Bowl. He shouldn't take a flight that has a connecting flight in the state.

I think that even playing the falcons would be dangerous. He can have the bird flu that week. Whatever keeps him out of Georgia.

Rick5895
04-17-2010, 11:03 PM
I have no problem with the last thing you said. But unchallenged witness accounts coming from one side being passed off as gospel, and being used to crucify a man after a determination was made that they didn't amount to enough to bring about charges should be viewed as blatantly unfair to anyone who respects American juroprudence.

I have read the accounts and read all the media, I am very skeptical of the accusations. However, when I agreed with the poster on some fans wearing rose colored glasses, I simply meant that because it's Ben, many people on here are giving him a free pass and assuming these women must be gold digging tramps (maybe they are, but maybe not) . If this was a player on another team these same fans would be calling for that players head. I have always maintained I think Ben is innocent, but he keeps acting as though he is "untouchable" and one day, if he doesn't grow up he might find himself in jail. GUILTY OR NOT. I have seen this day in and day out for the past 25 years in my job as a correctional officer, people get convicted sometimes on reputation, NOT fact. If that can happen in a liberal country like Canada (where I live) it sure has the potential to happen in the U.S.
Hopefully Ben will be a Steeler until retirement, too damn hard to find "franchise QB's" but I think the Rooneys have had enough of the bad press and hopefully Ben gets the message and quick.

Steel Warrior
04-17-2010, 11:06 PM
The Steelers have every right to suspend him for conduct detrimental to the team. Not even the NFLPA would fight that.

No, the Steelers don't have every right, suspend me, and I'll do what I said at the beginning of this thread, and, I could give a rat's ass about the NFLPA. Remember, I said what "I" would do if "I" was Ben.

Rdp616
04-17-2010, 11:11 PM
A FEW YEARS????? You have got to be kidding me. I think this is the part where you go back to the rock you have been hiding under. Get a grip.

Yeah, gotta get over it sometime...Don't compare a shooting to rape. Shouldn't of got your self in the situation then idiot.

Preacher
04-17-2010, 11:11 PM
If I were Ben, I'd use a little better judgment when out in the public eye but most importantly, I'd keep my dong in my drawers.

That is all.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

How is it that regardless of how much we disagree, we always end up agreeing in the final statements???

stillers4me
04-17-2010, 11:18 PM
If I were Ben Roethlisberger, this is what I would do:

After the announcement about the punishment, I would hold a press conference of my own. I would say:

"I take responsibility for my actions. Though I did nothing illegal, I made a bad decision and put the NFL and the Pittsburgh Steelers in a tough spot, I put myself in a horrible spot. I need to conduct myself better. Playing in the National Football League and for the Pittsburgh Steelers is an honor that few people get in their lifetime. I accept the punishment given to me, and I promise to do better in the future. The Rooneys, the NFL, my teammates, and the fans deserve that. Thank you.

Bros before hoes!"

Folks, we have a winnah! :hatsoff:
But if it were me, I'd skip that last part........... I can see it now, the Steelers win SB #7 and the team saying is Band of Bros before hoes!" Who's laughing now, Fred Bright.

Preacher
04-17-2010, 11:19 PM
I certainly see your point now, and thanks for the clarification. But I still think it's very premature and over-the-top to call Ben a reprehensible person. If that's the case, then every college kid who has ever had sex with a girl in a bar must be a reprehensible person as well. Because again, this stuff happens every single day. I've seen it with my own eyes - gone into bars where similar things like this have happened. A guy and a girl suddenly disappear into a back room...and I'm sure they weren't playing chess in there. I highly doubt that all of these guys are reprehensible people.

As for the girl, when there is a concerted effort to get her side and ONLY her side out in the public, how do you expect people to react? We still have yet to hear Ben's full version of what happened that night, and yet, everyone is rushing to judgment and labeling him a horrible person. If it's OK for people to rush to judge Ben, then it's OK for people to rush to judge the girl and her motives. Not only that, the girl WILLINGLY engaged in sex talk with Ben and did not give any indication that she didn't want things to go any further. Why doesn't anyone mention that? If she didn't want to have sex, then A) don't engage in sex talk; and B) if you do, make sure you emphasize that it's only TALK and not an agreement to have sex. It's common sense. But since she's the "victim," no one is questioning her judgment or common sense - only Ben's. She is no better than him in that regard.

XT.

See, those are all very good points that I wish people would have engaged in here. But it seems that either you support Ben, or your a hater (you general, not you personally, and you don't engage in that kind of argument for the most part either).

I think what I was getting at with Ben as a reprehensible person, is the fact that regardless of the specifics, a guy his age seems to be plying a young, underage (for alcohol) woman with alcohol and then trying to have sex with her in a public place. Then, go back to the comments about Ben treating people very bad at golf outings (the workers and caddy's, not the fans), etc., and (admittedly, from afar), it just looks like at this point in his life, he is a reprehensible person. That is based on parts of the story that seemingly everyone agrees on.

People change. I would love nothing better than to see Ben change. I don't think myself better than him. I do however, know for a fact that I wouldn't trust him around any body that had estrogen in it, that I cared about.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-17-2010, 11:21 PM
I think that even playing the falcons would be dangerous. He can have the bird flu that week. Whatever keeps him out of Georgia.

No, he can play the Falcons. The Steelers will simply keep him under lock and key. Meals can be brought to his room by Steelers security.

Preacher
04-17-2010, 11:21 PM
I really hope that post gets you banned.

You're an ignorant idiot.

:chuckle: Thanks.

However, just chalk this one up to ignorance.

He hasn't been around to see me :pw: in the Gameday threads.

(However, I wonder what he thinks about Tony) :huh:

Rdp616
04-17-2010, 11:26 PM
Oops, i meant hers.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-17-2010, 11:28 PM
Folks, we have a winnah! :hatsoff:
But if it were me, I'd skip that last part........... I can see it now, the Steelers win SB #7 and the team saying is Band of Bros before hoes!" Who's laughing now, Fred Bright.

:rofl: That would be hilarious!

Preacher
04-17-2010, 11:33 PM
:chuckle: you missed some-

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

SteelCityMom
04-17-2010, 11:35 PM
Oh wow...that's pretty sad, and I'm sure even the two of you missed some lol.

Havik
04-17-2010, 11:36 PM
I think the Steelers should trade Ben for a draft pick. I'd like to see him traded for Jimmy Clausen. Ben is talented but I'm sure Clausen would have enough sense to avoid crazy *****s. To all you Roethlisberger apoligists, you have no shame!

RoethlisBURGHer
04-17-2010, 11:37 PM
He didn't quit out of loyalty to Ben, he was given the chance to resign and save some face, otherwise he was going to be fired.

It sounds like he was the cop the girls ran to after the incident and told that Ben Roethlisberger raped the girl in the bathroom. For him to say something like that, these girls must have obviously been trashed.

In the end, there are many lessons to be learned by all parties involved:

1. Celebrities shouldn't involve themselves with regular people, especially when drinking is involved.

2. Police need to keep their initial opinions of people coming to them to report a crime to themselves until it's the right time to give said opinion......and avoid called the accuser a "b*tch".

3. Women need to maybe not drink to the point where they cannot make decisions or defend themselves. If you can't defend yourself in any way because you're too sloshed, it makes it hard to believe you remember anything about anything that happened that night.

RoethlisBURGHer
04-17-2010, 11:39 PM
The same guy investigated for punching someone outside of a bar during last football season?

Shea
04-17-2010, 11:39 PM
Oops, i meant hers.

LMAO! :toofunny:

Girls have dicks?

God, you're dumber than I thought.

Shea
04-17-2010, 11:46 PM
Gawd....he wan't Ben's buddy. He was just calling as he sees it.

Edit - never mind.

polamalubeast
04-17-2010, 11:47 PM
clausen=:puke::wakeup:

SteelCityMom
04-17-2010, 11:49 PM
And the list keeps growing...

Shoes
04-17-2010, 11:49 PM
LMAO! :toofunny:

Girls have dicks?

God, you're dumber than I thought.

:toofunny::toofunny:......easy on him Shea, maybe his "girlfriend" has one :chuckle:

Shoes
04-17-2010, 11:53 PM
Someone should start a Ben Cult :chuckle:

MaidenIndiana
04-17-2010, 11:57 PM
I think the Steelers should trade Ben for a draft pick. I'd like to see him traded for Jimmy Clausen. Ben is talented but I'm sure Clausen would have enough sense to avoid crazy *****s. To all you Roethlisberger apoligists, you have no shame!

Are you stoned or just stupid? Along with being a Steelers fan I also happen to be a fan of the Irish, attending a couple games every year and watching the rest on T.V. IMO Clausen is nowhere ready to be a starting QB in the NFL. In fact he is probably going to be the second coming of Rick Mirer. You really want that for the Steelers?

Havik
04-18-2010, 12:01 AM
Ben's a great player but he cares more about himself than he does the Steelers. What an asshole. I don't blame the Rooneys for being pissed. I'd even be willing to trade for Russell Okung and Tim Tebow instead. At least they don't bang *****s in public bathrooms.

BehindSteelCurtain
04-18-2010, 12:07 AM
Ben's a great player but he cares more about himself than he does the Steelers. What an asshole. I don't blame the Rooneys for being pissed. I'd even be willing to trade for Russell Okung and Tim Tebow instead. At least they don't bang *****s in public bathrooms.

Im kind of on the fence....

Keeping Ben=best for the team

Trading Ben=best for the organization

I mean you can win with a mediocre QB, Good O-Line, and Great defense.....Look at the Jets last season.

siss
04-18-2010, 12:15 AM
No, he can play the Falcons. The Steelers will simply keep him under lock and key. Meals can be brought to his room by Steelers security.

As long as it's steelers security and not his security!

MaidenIndiana
04-18-2010, 12:17 AM
Did I miss something? What did the Jets win last year? I didn't see them playing in the SB

fansince'76
04-18-2010, 12:20 AM
I mean you can win with a mediocre QB, Good O-Line, and Great defense.....Look at the Jets last season.

And by playing 14-0 teams with home field already wrapped up who throw their scrubs in to avoid injury to key players.

Preacher
04-18-2010, 12:23 AM
And by playing 14-0 teams with home field already wrapped up who throw their scrubs in to avoid injury to key players.

Oh goodnes FS. You don't want to start THAT flurry of threads on TOP OF the Ben flurry do you?

All we need now is for Arians to sign a new contract.

The multiple threads started in this forum alone would cripple the internet for a month!

steelreserve
04-18-2010, 12:24 AM

A draft pick?

I mean, some shithead like Jay Cutler goes for two first-rounders, and you want A draft pick? Do they have a 0th round now or something?

LukesDad88
04-18-2010, 12:27 AM
Well, at least this off season isn't being spent arguing whether Ben holds the ball too long.

JSH6487
04-18-2010, 12:33 AM

Another prime example of sometimes why I'm ashamed to call myself a Steeler fan...stuff like "Trade Ben for Jimmy Clausen" comes out of our fans mouths way too much.

Vincent
04-18-2010, 12:33 AM
Keeping Ben=best for the team

I'll respectfully disagree. I think he is doing incalculable damage to the team. It gets worse daily.

My wife tells me today that its "all Ben" on TV. Naturally I qualify that statement. His @#$% is on Court TV as one might expect. But its really serious when the local stations in NC are all abuzz with every tawdry detail that is oozing up from those damn GBI files. Do we really need to see our drunken slob franchise quarterback in his satan T shirt all over local news? Worse, do we really need to hear about all he's done? Oh, how insensitive of me, all he's "been accused of".

Every owner in the league knows it as well. How much do you think this fecal wad would get us in a trade now? Could they even trade him?

Good for the team? We have Hines lamenting how unfortunate all this is. We have the defense going on about "Ben ain't no distraction. We got work to do." We have the league fining our team because this selfish turd just can't bring himself to behave like a human being. Not to mention the PR disaster this has been. It'll be interesting to see the value Forbes puts on the team next go 'round. "Interesting" like floods are "interesting" in Louisiana.

I wasn't launching on you BSC. God knows you don't deserve it. That one line just set me off.

All we need now is for Arians to sign a new contract.

The silence on MT's extension is deafening. Ariens won't see another deal in Pittsburgh.

JSH6487
04-18-2010, 12:35 AM
I'll respectfully disagree. I think he is doing incalculable damage to the team. It gets worse daily.

My wife tells me today that its "all Ben" on TV. Naturally I qualify that statement. His @#$% is on Court TV as one might expect. But its really serious when the local stations in NC are all abuzz with every tawdry detail that is oozing up from those damn GBI files. Do we really need to see our drunken slob franchise quarterback in his satan T shirt all over local news? Worse, do we really need to hear about all he's done? Oh, how insensitive of me, all he's "been accused of".

Every owner in the league knows it as well. How much do you think this fecal wad would get us in a trade now? Could they even trade him?

Good for the team? We have Hines lamenting how unfortunate all this is. We have the defense going on about "Ben ain't no distraction. We got work to do." We have the league fining our team because this selfish turd just can't bring himself to behave like a human being. Not to mention the PR disaster this has been. It'll be interesting to see the value Forbes puts on the team next go 'round. "Interesting" like floods are "interesting" in Louisiana.

I wasn't launching on you BSC. God knows you don't deserve it. That one line just set me off.

Another anti-Ben post from the guy with the James Harrison baby mama beater banner as his signature.

Laughable.

mesaSteeler
04-18-2010, 12:38 AM
(Some great quotes from Jim Brown at the end of this article. The rest of crap from the fat racist tool Barkley is nothing but garbage. Warning it will anger you. - mesa)

Ben Roethlisberger case spurs racism debate
http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/17/v-fullstory/1584708/roethlisberger-case-spurs-racism.html
By DAN LE BATARD
dlebatard@MiamiHerald.com

Conversations about race agitate. They create discomfort. There is a lot of unseen baggage and history and frustration and subconscious nuance on both sides. And that's before the discussion even begins. Re-read some of those words. Agitate. Discomfort. Baggage. Frustration. That's not where conversations start; that's where arguments do.

If black people want to know how white people feel, and white people want to know how black people feel, they both must listen, think, open, empathize, understand. Work, in other words. But it's easier and more comfortable to look away and dismiss when others see race in places we don't, which doesn't solve much of anything unless you think the best way to clean a messy room is by walking out of it.

I'm not any kind of enlightened. I have blind spots. I get emotional, and my know-it-all tone and lack of patience too often get in the way and do as much harm as good. I made a loud mess of a Hannity & Colmes segment once because I couldn't believe we were having a discussion about the racial elements of the Michael Vick case and that all five of the faces on the TV screen were white (six, if you count the tiny white dog held by the Atlanta radio host). I bring this up just so you know that, when it comes to Ben Roethlisberger, all I'm searching for is a discussion, not any kind of fight. I really don't know how or if I would punish Roethlisberger if I were in charge. Nor do I know whether his whiteness helps or harms him today.

But I keep hearing from black players in basketball, football and baseball who are watching this Roethlisberger case closely and hoping NFL commissioner Roger Goodell punishes Roethlisberger with the same kind of overzealous excess with which he has punished black players. And I wonder how we arrived in this place where the ``right'' thing for an excessive dictator to do is to keep being excessive.

``We have been suspending black guys, so we have to suspend the white guy?'' Charles Barkley asks. ``I'm concerned with that mind-set in my community. You get one, we get one? That's doesn't make it even. This isn't a contest. That's not a win for black people. How about black guys quit committing crimes?''

But, Charles, what if this time Goodell decides to be more lenient and reasonable? What if the only thing he suspends this time is the arbitrary and unprecedented way he has been doling out his morality? What if he says, ``You know what? Ben isn't guilty of anything but drunk, stupid judgment. He hasn't even been arrested, never mind convicted. I can't suspend a guy for he-said-she-said.''

``A lot of black people are going to get mad,'' Barkley says. ``And all hell is going to break loose.''

It is an odd, uncomfortable spot Goodell has put himself in. He appears to be just as interested in how things look as he is in how they actually are. Image and perception are the reasons for the NFL having a morals code in the first place. We can apply nuance and case-by-case reason to this, but how is it going to look and feel to Goodell's black players if the white star gets off lightly? And how fair is it if the white player gets a stiffer sentence than he might otherwise just because of the pressure to penalize the white guy instead of . . . you know, his crimes that, um, actually and legally and technically weren't crimes?

Goodell doesn't wait for due process. His standard is higher than the American justice system, and it always is a dangerous thing when morals are being decided and policed by any one man, especially when that one man has a great deal in common with his constituency (old, white owners) but not with his work force (primarily young, black players). That's how we arrive at the NFL's absurd bandana and fun-strangling celebration rules. Goodell has made up the punishment rules for misbehavior as he goes -- four games here, half a season there -- and that's ridiculous in a workplace in which the rules are supposed to be collectively bargained and the employees are supposed to be partners.

GOODELL `PLAYING GOD'

This wouldn't and couldn't happen in baseball, where the players union is so strong that Rangers manager Ron Washington somehow fails a cocaine test but you never hear of a player doing the same. Why? Because the baseball union won't even allow its players to be tested that way. But football's union somehow hasn't challenged Goodell's power or judgment on his unprecedented suspensions. So what will the all-powerful boss do now that it is a troubled white guy getting drunk and urinating on the NFL's shield and image?

``Goodell is playing God,'' Barkley says. ``He's the Supreme Court. That's not the way I want my judicial system working. But I don't know if there is a right or wrong answer with Ben. I know it makes for a great debate. But it's not my job as a black man to simply always take the black point of view. That's one of the reasons we are in bad shape -- because we don't hold each other to a higher standard as black people. It's always, `I have to defend my tribe.' Well, no. I'll defend my tribe if my tribe is fair and right. I'm not defending my tribe if it gets me into a situation where I sound like I'm defending Pacman Jones.''

There is one place Barkley sees race being a factor in the Roethlisberger mess: The police officer who took the latest alleged victim's initial complaint. The cop reportedly dismissed the woman's accusation immediately, deciding she was making everything up, and then chummed it up with Roethlisberger's bodyguards, also cops. He has since resigned. Barkley wonders how that same cop would have reacted if a woman had been lobbing that same accusation at someone who looked more like Vick.

``Guilty until proven innocent in that spot if you are black,'' he says. ``There's more patience from everyone when its the white athlete in trouble. It's, `Let's allow the facts to come out. Let's get the details.' The reporting when a black guy gets accused is more aggressive.''

But that's about the only place where Barkley sees race being a factor here. He keeps hearing black fans and black players wonder why the Steelers would get rid of Super Bowl MVP Santonio Holmes, who is black, for bad behavior while keeping Roethlisberger. But he cuts through that this way: ``Yeah, there's a double-standard there, but it isn't between black and white. It's between a player who is great and one who isn't.''

JIM BROWN'S OPINION

Legend Jim Brown, a civil-rights activist who marched with Martin Luther King, gets agitated when he hears racism cries over how the Steelers treated Holmes.

``Come on, man,'' he says. ``I don't like this. This is not my cause. It took courage to get rid of Holmes. You know the Steelers know more than we do on that one. Does them no good to get rid of him. Does no good to their team.''

He laughs here, and reminds you that the rule that demands minorities get head coaching interviews in football is named after the family that still owns and runs the Steelers.

``That's the only race card in professional sports,'' Brown says. ``That's not the organization to be going after on something like this, not when they gave their Super Bowl team to a young black coach when they didn't have to do that.''

On Roethlisberger, Brown says, ``The league has an obligation to do something, but will it be a pat on the hand or something meaningful? It's a complicated set of circumstances. Confusing. Unclear. Fair is the only way -- it's what we're all fighting for -- but we as African-Americans can't have our representation be guys like Santonio Holmes, and we can't keep blaming others. You have to recognize that what goes on in our neighborhoods is because of us, not anyone else. Our gang culture is ridiculous. You going to blame a white man for that? Clean up your own mess. A black man is killing another black man over a blue rag and a red rag, and that's somebody else's fault?''

Brown is 74 now. He's getting tired. He has been at this fight for a very long time. ]He knows real racism when he sees it and feels it. This isn't it.
[/U]
``One guy gets suspended two weeks and another guy gets suspended three weeks -- that's not the fight, man,'' he says. ``That's not right. It's not real. You can't let major issues go by while you sit there and stare at the white quarterback and his punishment. Come on, man.'' (After reading Jim Brown's comments I very impressed. This is a good man. - mesa)

Read more: http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/04/17/v-fullstory/1584708/roethlisberger-case-spurs-racism.html#ixzz0lQHqHSEB

MaidenIndiana
04-18-2010, 12:46 AM
That was actually a pretty good article to read. Race really has nothing to do with this situation, even though I know that some people will try and already have brought it into play.

JSH6487
04-18-2010, 12:48 AM
Barkley is such a racist POS. Stuff that has nothing to do with race, he always tries to make it into that.