PDA

View Full Version : The Ben Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15

steelreserve
04-19-2010, 12:38 PM
I completely agree that just as Ben is taking heat for his conduct, the girl's actions are nothing to be proud of either.

However, it's, like, one of THE main things they teach you when you reach your teenage years and start going to parties where alcohol is available: You don't take advantage of a drunk chick, or you're inviting trouble, big-time. Regardless of how bad the girl's own judgment was, Ben ought to have known better.

I mean, you can always say there's a gray area, because people meet at bars and hook up all the time. But it sounds like this chick was just completely blotto. Come on, Ben.

Merchant
04-19-2010, 12:44 PM
LMAOO @ the one with Tiger Woods ahaha.. now I see where Ben gets his influence from

Merchant
04-19-2010, 12:48 PM
I completely agree that just as Ben is taking heat for his conduct, the girl's actions are nothing to be proud of either.

However, it's, like, one of THE main things they teach you when you reach your teenage years and start going to parties where alcohol is available: You don't take advantage of a drunk chick, or you're inviting trouble, big-time. Regardless of how bad the girl's own judgment was, Ben ought to have known better.

I mean, you can always say there's a gray area, because people meet at bars and hook up all the time. But it sounds like this chick was just completely blotto. Come on, Ben.

Actually taking advantage of a drunk chick IF you are also drunk is okay. Everyone knows that :chuckle:

LambertIsGod58
04-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Actually taking advantage of a drunk chick IF you are also drunk is okay. Everyone knows that :chuckle:

Last I knew it's not.

JSH6487
04-19-2010, 12:49 PM
Another clown who says he watches football because of all the player's character and morals. Give me a break.

As long as Ben has not been charged criminally and is able to stay on the football field, the only thing us fans should care about is him throwing touchdowns and winning Super Bowls.

You'd be the same one in 3 years when the Steelers go no better than 8-8 while Ben is leading another team to a Super Bowl and staying clean off the field saying, "Gee, I wish we still had Ben...was kind of dumb to get rid of a top 5 QB based on nothing but accusations."

Dino 6 Rings
04-19-2010, 12:53 PM
Pretty much, he took advantage of the "drunk girl" at the party wearing the "DTF" Pin.

His bad for doing it when he knew he already had something hanging over his head. Her bad for following him from bar to bar, pinching his arse, hitting on him all night, getting tooled on booze, then getting exactly what she was saying she wanted the entire time, only to have her girl friends cry rape for her.

Yeah, the more I read about it, the more I Side with Ben.

whatdoiknow
04-19-2010, 12:53 PM
Yeah we all know that it's about " Personal conduct " with ole Roger Goodell, and NOT whether you were actually CHARGED with anything. Hey that reminds me,,,here's a link to a Video of John Clayton, and a story about this player...please go and watch & read,,and PLEASE remind me again...how many games was HE Suspended by Good Ole Roger. BTW, I am going to e-mail this link to the NFL Offices of Goodell, and ask him to write me back as to why this situation wasn't treated like Ben's.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3378829

LambertIsGod58
04-19-2010, 12:55 PM
Another clown who says he watches football because of all the player's character and morals. Give me a break.

As long as Ben has not been charged criminally and is able to stay on the football field, the only thing us fans should care about is him throwing touchdowns and winning Super Bowls.

You'd be the same one in 3 years when the Steelers go no better than 8-8 while Ben is leading another team to a Super Bowl and staying clean off the field saying, "Gee, I wish we still had Ben...was kind of dumb to get rid of a top 5 QB based on nothing but allegations."

Where did I say that? If you can't read AND comprehend, then I'd stick to just looking at pictures.

Ricco Suavez
04-19-2010, 12:55 PM
Did you get these from Michael Irvins old play book?

zulater
04-19-2010, 12:56 PM
http://ludwig.squarespace.com/politics-journal/2010/4/15/the-media-lynching-of-ben-roethlisberger.html

LambertIsGod58
04-19-2010, 12:57 PM
I guess all the evidence the NFL and the Rooney's are coming by isn't saying the same to them.

JSH6487
04-19-2010, 12:59 PM
Two rings or not. I'd rather suffer with the likes of Korell again before I have someone of Ben's character behind center.

Sure seems like you care more about the character of the players rather than the actual football to me...I mean obviously if you'd rather have Kordell under center.

Ricco Suavez
04-19-2010, 01:01 PM
While I respect your point of view, you cannot just brush Ray's problems aside. He was CHARGED with obstruction in a murder case. Ben was not even charged, lack of evidence. Hate him, dislike him, vilify him yet he was not even charged, Ray eventually had his charges either dropped and/or acquitted but there was enough evidence to be formally charged. If Ben is a monster it will come to light, he cannot hide what he is, then lets cut ties with the best QB this team has had sine TB.

fansince'76
04-19-2010, 01:05 PM
Sure seems like you care more about the character of the players rather than the actual football to me...I mean obviously if you'd rather have Kordell under center.

The guy has pretty much always had a hard-on against Ben. Especially after Ben's performance in XLIII forced him to eat crow.

cloppbeast
04-19-2010, 01:06 PM
It is not unusual for an accused to let his lawyer speak for him, in fact I think it to be the reasonable and sensible thing to do, and the path I would probably take in his position. I thought Ben was apologizing for the embarrassment that all this has caused the organization and nothing more. Ben does not owe us and explanation or "his side of the story". I believe the DA got his side of the story and that is the only one that needed it. One thing I got was the feeling that the DA would have loved nothing more than to be able to prosecute Ben. I think that if he had had anything at all to go on, he would have been pushed the case.

Each of us will believe what we believe, some of us only because that is what we want to, but just because I haven't head "Ben's side of the story" from his own lips doesn't mean I will believer hers has to be true. Ben did in-fact deny this allegation, even if it was through his attorney

Ben only denied the sexual assault allegations, but there were numerous other extremely disturbing recounts of the acuser in which Ben has not commented on. Did his body guards drag the young lady into the bathroom? Did he walk in with his genitals out of his pants? Did he have his body guards watch the door so nobody could get in? Did he fornicate consensually with an inebriated college girl on a toilet? He hasn't answered those questions. He apologized for his actions, and it's still up in the air about what exactly he is apologizing for. I'll assume those these stories are true until Ben tells me differently, and even then, I still may.

His only testimony came right after the assault when he was still in the bar. Prosecutors never got a follow up interview. According the the police report, and I haven't read the whole thing, but he did say the chick fell and hit her head and that's why he followed her into the bathroom. The medical examination didn't find any evidence she hit her head. This doesn't mean he lied, but....

When it comes to the alleged sexual assault, it is precisely a he-said, she said affair. Not enough to put Ben behind bars. But, when it comes to passing judgement, the public eye, the NFL, and the Steelers will make their best guess to what happened? I doubt any of us would like our daughter hanging out with this guy. In one corner, we have a guy who is developing a history of sexual assaulth, and in the other corner we have a young woman who has never accused anyone of sexual assault. You can judge for yourself; and fair or not, people will judge Ben.

Ben has disappointed me in his handling of this situation. He seems a little bit to eager to put the whole thing behind him. First of all, he'as apologized for his actions, but never admitted to the public anything - so, what exactly was he apologizing for? What did he do? IMO, part of the accountability process starts with admittance of what one did wrong. Ben hasn't done this, and he doesn't plan to, but he has voiced his eagerness to put this whole thing behind him. He looks to me like a kid sitting in time out wishing it would end soon so he can get up and do it all again.

steelreserve
04-19-2010, 01:11 PM

I don't think it's a matter of "liking football because of the players' character or morals" or even liking the Steelers because you think all the players are great guys. More like, you give the players the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise, but if you know someone's a jerk, it's hard to root for them. I don't think he's alone in feeling that way.

And no, being a fan is not some black-and-white formula in binary code where all you care about is winning, or else you're screwed up. The mere fact that there are a lot of people who feel like the OP is proof of that.

The explanation isn't that the people who feel awkward rooting for Ben are all idiots who are doing it wrong and don't deserve to be fans. It's that win-at-all-costs is not the only correct opinion to have. I do think throwing Ben off the team is a bit extreme myself, but if there are people who feel that way, and they know the trade-off they'd be making, well, so be it. That's just the way they feel, and it's entirely plausible.

You know how people are always saying things like "Football is just a game, and there are other things in life?" Well, this is a perfect example of where, for some people, the "other things in life" part outweighs the game.

SteelCityMom
04-19-2010, 01:13 PM
Mark Madden has been one of his biggest supporters...and that says a lot, because Madden isn't afraid to call things like he sees them, and be very negative while doing so.

I believe Eli Manning had some positive things to say.

And I might be mistaken, but from different interviews and stories I've read, it sounds like Colon and Clark (and maybe a couple others I'm forgetting) have been behind him.

Of course his family members are going to be behind him, but not much of the media wants to put a positive spin on this whole thing. Of course you're going to hear more of the bad press than the good. Negative press sells 100 times more than positive press ever will.

Sansi
04-19-2010, 01:15 PM
I found one of him in Springfield!

http://i42.tinypic.com/2gse2qd.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/10yjf3o.jpg

zulater
04-19-2010, 01:17 PM
http://ludwig.squarespace.com/politics-journal/2010/4/15/the-media-lynching-of-ben-roethlisberger.html

Here's someone who defends Ben.

stb_steeler
04-19-2010, 01:22 PM
Wow, you can almost see the progression taking place. Reminds me of another series I've seen.

http://poetry.rotten.com/spiral/

http://poetry.rotten.com/spiral/downward-spiral.jpg

I think i seen her on the cover of crack W h o r e magazine......:rofl:

Prok
04-19-2010, 01:26 PM
Mark Madden has been one of his biggest supporters...and that says a lot, because Madden isn't afraid to call things like he sees them, and be very negative while doing so.

I believe Eli Manning had some positive things to say.

And I might be mistaken, but from different interviews and stories I've read, it sounds like Colon and Clark (and maybe a couple others I'm forgetting) have been behind him.

Of course his family members are going to be behind him, but not much of the media wants to put a positive spin on this whole thing. Of course you're going to hear more of the bad press than the good. Negative press sells 100 times more than positive press ever will.

^^This^^

We're gonna get at least a thread a day from Ben haters for quite a while, aren't we ?

Stone
04-19-2010, 01:26 PM
Please let me know. I haven't heard one person come to Ben's defense. Not one teammate, not a friend or family member. I wonder why that is? The answer is simple. He's not a well liked person. Doesn't mean he's guilty of anything. But I look at it like this. There are roughly 1700 players in the NFL. Ben is the only one I know of to be accused TWICE. One cop has already resigned due to this case and another facing termination. I SO hope the Rooney's can shop him. I for one want nothing more than to see Ben gone. Two rings or not. I'd rather suffer with the likes of Korell again before I have someone of Ben's character behind center. Just remember all of you that have your opinions about Ray Lewis.....and for the legal trouble he went through years ago. Even though he was only charged with obstruction. I hope Ben has played his last game as the Quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Eli Manning:

"I've been keeping up a little bit with what's going on," Manning said today after a Giants workout. "I kind of feel all quarterbacks are a little fraternity, you root for each other, especially Ben, we came out the same year, same draft class. I was hoping for the best in the situation. Wishing him all the best in everything that's going on."

Manning continued, "You hope everything works out and he'll be able to come back and play at a high level. He's a tremendous talent. I'll be watching and supporting him in everything that's going to happen."

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/giantsblog/eli_wishes_best_for_big_ben_kbMcDW68XZ5HOry0c08ujP

LaMarr Woodley:

He hasn't lost any respect from me at all," Woodley said on Fox Sports Radio, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. "Ben's a great guy, he's a great football player, and you know, sometimes things happen off the field. Things happen, guys into this, get into that, and that doesn't change how I think about a person at all."

http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2010/04/19/lamarr-woodley-on-big-ben-he-hasnt-lost-any-respect-from-me-at-all/

Max Starks:

Steelers LT Max Starks: We'll always be there for Ben Roethlisberger

Starks talked to Sporting News' Dennis Dillon about the advantages of working out at AP, the latest Ben Roethlisberger controversy and Starks' new role.

Q: Roethlisberger has been accused of sexual assault of a woman in Georgia. What are your thoughts on his situation?

A: Ben is our quarterback. He's a friend of mine. I support him in whatever happens. I wasn't there; I haven't talked to him about it. But we'll always be there as teammates and as a team to uplift him. But that's something he has to go through and deal with.

Q: Does he need to stop putting himself in these situations?

A: When you put people on pedestals, you're always looking to knock them off those pedestals. That's just the nature of our society. If it was any regular guy doing this, it wouldn't be an issue. But because it's a professional athlete, a Super Bowl-winning quarterback, the magnitude is that much greater, the scope is that much wider, the margin for error is that much less.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/article/2010-04-02/steelers-lt-max-starks-well-always-be-there-for-ben-roethlisberger

Aaron Smith:

Ben Roethlisberger doesn't owe explanation to his teammates

Defensive end Aaron Smith, one of the more respected players on the Steelers, said he doesn't expect Ben Roethlisberger to be treated differently when the embattled quarterback starts working out with the team again.

Roethlisberger, who is under investigation for sexual assault in Milledgeville, Ga., is not expected to attend offseason workouts this week, so his presence doesn't cause any distractions.

Starters were scheduled to report yesterday for the voluntary training sessions that began for the team's other players March 15.

When Roethlisberger returns to the team's South Side practice facility, "I'm sure (the other players) will welcome him," Smith said. "He's just one of the guys. We all go through issues and trials, and this is just one he's going to have to face."

Roethlisberger has been accused of sexual assault twice since last July. A civil suit filed against him in Nevada last July is pending.

Roethlisberger apologized to his teammates on the first night of training camp last July for any distractions caused by accusations in the civil suit, which he vehemently denied.

Smith said he doesn't need to hear a similar apology from Roethlisberger this time.

"Honestly, it doesn't really matter to me," said Smith, who added that he "enjoys Ben" and has always gotten along with Roethlisberger. "That's his business, and my business is playing football, so when we come here we focus on games and that's all we're here for."

Media - Mark Madden:

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/sports_details/article/1424/2010/april/12/madden-monday-some-owe-big-ben-apology.html

Media - Mike Golic:

"I've said from day one and I'll continue to say it, when he meets with (NFL commissioner Roger Goodell), there's no way he should be suspended right now. People are starting to bring it along racial lines, talking about Pac-Man Jones and Michael Vick getting suspended. But those guys pled guilty, those guys were indicted or arrested, all things that have never happened to Ben Roethlisberger. While Ben has the civil suit going on from Tahoe, he wasn't charged there and wasn't charged (in Milledgeville). From that side of it, I don't think he should be suspended, pending any further investigation or indictment or arrest. "

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/ae/books/s_674978.html

MACH1
04-19-2010, 01:38 PM
The guy has pretty much always had a hard-on against Ben. Especially after Ben's performance in XLIII forced him to eat crow.

http://ballsiest.com/sportsblog/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/brett-favre-superman.gif

LukesDad88
04-19-2010, 01:40 PM
I don't think it's a matter of "liking football because of the players' character or morals" or even liking the Steelers because you think all the players are great guys. More like, you give the players the benefit of the doubt until they prove otherwise, but if you know someone's a jerk, it's hard to root for them. I don't think he's alone in feeling that way.

And no, being a fan is not some black-and-white formula in binary code where all you care about is winning, or else you're screwed up. The mere fact that there are a lot of people who feel like the OP is proof of that.

The explanation isn't that the people who feel awkward rooting for Ben are all idiots who are doing it wrong and don't deserve to be fans. It's that win-at-all-costs is not the only correct opinion to have. I do think throwing Ben off the team is a bit extreme myself, but if there are people who feel that way, and they know the trade-off they'd be making, well, so be it. That's just the way they feel, and it's entirely plausible.

You know how people are always saying things like "Football is just a game, and there are other things in life?" Well, this is a perfect example of where, for some people, the "other things in life" part outweighs the game.

You know, that's a pretty considerate post coming from someone labeled as an inconsiderate SOB. :drink:

Speaking personally, I've been back and forth on this issue. I think most have been, both the majority of his supporters and the majority of his detractors. Although there have been some on both sides that have been consistantly obstinate in their views. Both of those groups can KMA.

I will say this, some of Ben's biggest supporters like JSH6487 have seriously hurt Ben's image even more by their arguments, and the strident tone they've been taking.

zulater
04-19-2010, 01:47 PM
I guess all the evidence the NFL and the Rooney's are coming by isn't saying the same to them.

So if the Steelers don't cut or trade Ben what do you think that says about the Rooney's?

Do you think that means they will tolerate a rapist as long as it helps their cause?

Or maybe, just perhaps they think Ben isn't guilty of criminal conduct, but are tired of his boorish, loutish frat boy antics and the negative light he has brought upon himself the team and the league because of it, and that they wont tolerate any more incedents such as the one in Ga.?

Basically that's what I think they are trying to say. I really think if they truly believed Ben a rapist they'd get rid of him. If I thought otherwise of the Rooney's I'd stop supporting the Steelers.

zulater
04-19-2010, 01:50 PM
Ben only denied the sexual assault allegations, but there were numerous other extremely disturbing recounts of the acuser in which Ben has not commented on. Did his body guards drag the young lady into the bathroom? Did he walk in with his genitals out of his pants? Did he have his body guards watch the door so nobody could get in? Did he fornicate consensually with an inebriated college girl on a toilet? He hasn't answered those questions. He apologized for his actions, and it's still up in the air about what exactly he is apologizing for. I'll assume those these stories are true until Ben tells me differently, and even then, I still may.

His only testimony came right after the assault when he was still in the bar. Prosecutors never got a follow up interview. According the the police report, and I haven't read the whole thing, but he did say the chick fell and hit her head and that's why he followed her into the bathroom. The medical examination didn't find any evidence she hit her head. This doesn't mean he lied, but....

When it comes to the alleged sexual assault, it is precisely a he-said, she said affair. Not enough to put Ben behind bars. But, when it comes to passing judgement, the public eye, the NFL, and the Steelers will make their best guess to what happened? I doubt any of us would like our daughter hanging out with this guy. In one corner, we have a guy who is developing a history of sexual assaulth, and in the other corner we have a young woman who has never accused anyone of sexual assault. You can judge for yourself; and fair or not, people will judge Ben.

Ben has disappointed me in his handling of this situation. He seems a little bit to eager to put the whole thing behind him. First of all, he'as apologized for his actions, but never admitted to the public anything - so, what exactly was he apologizing for? What did he do? IMO, part of the accountability process starts with admittance of what one did wrong. Ben hasn't done this, and he doesn't plan to, but he has voiced his eagerness to put this whole thing behind him. He looks to me like a kid sitting in time out wishing it would end soon so he can get up and do it all again.

Read and learn, then get back to us, or better yet don/t. .

:coffee:

Pi Kapp Steeler
04-19-2010, 01:50 PM
Lets all calm down here... Now lets backtrack a little bit. Remember Kobe Bryant and his bs a couple years ago... I bet you didnt before I just brought it up. Americans love to FORGIVE people and love to see redemption. In about month or so Tiger Woods talk will be extinct. Mike Vick has been out of peoples mouths for a whole year now. L

What Ben did was wrong and I'll have to admitt I haven't liked his attitude that last couple of years. If you remember after the last superbowl he was sitting there trophy in hand , cigar in mouth, anouncing he has 2 now like a ****y basterd flaunting in the camera. What he should do is lay low , take the punishment seriously , and make visual efforts of improvement to gain the respect back from his fans. This guy needs to get Married or go to Church because this Superstar lifestyle has got to his head.

HometownGal
04-19-2010, 01:53 PM
^^This^^

We're gonna get at least a thread a day from Ben haters for quite a while, aren't we ?

After the draft, all of the Ben threads will be merged into one. We've allowed the separate threads for far too long and good threads on other topics are being missed and overpowered by this redundant subject.

As for the topic of this particular Ben thread - SteelCityMom said it best. :drink:

Pi Kapp Steeler
04-19-2010, 01:59 PM
Please do that Hometowngal!! HAHA every day BEN BEN BEN BEN :blah:

HometownGal
04-19-2010, 02:04 PM
Cool stuff... LINK: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/multimedia/photo_gallery/1004/ben.roethlisberger.rare.photos/content.1.html

Those pics were back when Ben used the two eyed head to influence his behavior instead of the one-eyed wonder worm.

HometownGal
04-19-2010, 02:05 PM
Please do that Hometowngal!! HAHA every day BEN BEN BEN BEN :blah:

Count on it. :thumbsup: The Ben threads are suffocating the Steelers forum and after draft day - no more.

HometownGal
04-19-2010, 02:07 PM
if they trade ben then they had better trade harrison and skippy as well and im sure there are a few others that are not sqeeky clean

Well - as for Skippy - he went postal on a poor defenseless paper towel dispenser, not a woman as Harrison did.

SteelersinCA
04-19-2010, 02:12 PM
Ben has no "rights" to play football.

BlastFurnace
04-19-2010, 02:18 PM
Lamar Woodley had some good things to say:

LaMarr Woodley hasn't lost respect for Ben Roethlisberger

Posted by Michael David Smith on April 19, 2010 1:20 PM ET

Plenty of Pittsburgh Steelers fans have lost respect for Ben Roethlisberger in recent weeks. But one player in the Steelers' locker room, Pro Bowl linebacker LaMarr Woodley, is coming forward to say that Roethlisberger hasn't lost his respect.

"He hasn't lost any respect from me at all," Woodley said on Fox Sports Radio, via SportsRadioInterviews.com. "Ben's a great guy, he's a great football player, and you know, sometimes things happen off the field. Things happen, guys into this, get into that, and that doesn't change how I think about a person at all."

It's true that "things happen" to everyone, but when the "things" are allegations of sexual assault, they've now happened to Roethlisberger multiple times, making it reasonable to wonder whether some players on the Steelers think less of him as a person. Woodley wouldn't speculate on that.

"I really can't say," Woodley said. "I can't speak for everybody. I can't say Ben's lost the locker room."

Woodley did say, however, that he'd understand if Roethlisberger has lost the support of the Rooney family.

"The Rooney's don't tolerate a lot of things just because of the respect that they have," Woodley said. "That's just the way it is."

www.profootballtalk.com

Ricco Suavez
04-19-2010, 02:23 PM
No he has no "rights" to play football, but God bless this country a person has the right to a fair trial, just not a fair trial in front of Goodell or its judgmental fans. He is well within his rights to appeal any suspension, its in the players owners agreement, or our we only going to abide by the NFL rules when it suits Goodell.

LambertIsGod58
04-19-2010, 02:26 PM

Yeah, I have. I'm glad my post, referring to eating crow, was so memorable. :coffee:

LambertIsGod58
04-19-2010, 02:26 PM
http://ballsiest.com/sportsblog/wp-content/uploads/2007/09/brett-favre-superman.gif

Wrong colors.....thought you might know that.

GodfatherofSoul
04-19-2010, 02:28 PM
Wow, you can almost see the progression taking place. Reminds me of another series I've seen.

http://poetry.rotten.com/spiral/

http://poetry.rotten.com/spiral/downward-spiral.jpg

Wow that's pretty sad. She started out pretty cute.

LambertIsGod58
04-19-2010, 02:29 PM
It's arrogance.....but what else should we expect.

plenewken
04-19-2010, 02:43 PM
If the Rams offered their 1st this year and 1st next year, you'd be crazy not to take it.

Ben is 28 and a hairs breath away from being retired by concussions. You have to weigh everything in the decision.

Reason not to trade Ben
1) He has helped the team to two SBs
2) He is pretty much a clutch player
3) Players look up to him as a legit leader

Reason to trade Ben
1) He is 28 and although he "could" play for another ten years, he may end up retiring earlier due to concussons
2) Off the field shannanigans - if you're a Rooney
3) Two first rounders would be difficult to resist

Playing devils advocate, let's say the Rams offered their first this year and next, which for arguments sake is a top ten. let's say the Rooneys want to keep Ben and give him a chance to work out his immaturity and therefore turn down the trade offer.

Let's say in the next 2 or 3 years Ben suffers enough concussions to retire him early. How do you think the Rooneys would look in regard to being a laughing stock of the NFL?

I'd say that Ben retiring and the girls coming forth to admit they lied have equal probability, especially considering the girl in GA was more than likely paid off.

I say if two high firsts are offered, they take it.

Absolutely. You're spot on.
Ben's fok-ups and disciplinary consequences along with the risk of being forced to retire after his next concussion are 2 perfect justifications to entertain trade offers.
The FO would be foolish not to.

pancake
04-19-2010, 02:45 PM

Here's someone who defends Ben.

Thanks Zul, excellent read!

memphissteelergirl
04-19-2010, 02:45 PM
Those pics were back when Ben used the two eyed head to influence his behavior instead of the one-eyed wonder worm.

*Sigh* So true...

Where is that fresh-faced kid from Findlay, OH? Please...find him and bring him back! Pronto!

NJarhead
04-19-2010, 02:49 PM

Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

zulater
04-19-2010, 02:51 PM

It's arrogant to state that you'll accept fair punishment, even though precedent says punishment isn't in order? :doh:

JSH6487
04-19-2010, 02:51 PM

Yeah ok...for the people like yourself who refuse to even consider Ben's side of the story...what if Ben is INNOCENT and these accusations are completely FALSE.

Ben should be fine and dandy with having the book thrown at him for false allegations? He should be okay with being suspended 4-8 games for going out drinking and having consensual sex with a drunk chick?

I'm sure if you were suspended or fired from your job for something you didn't do...you'd be upset and want to appeal as well wouldn't you? But no...for Ben, it's arrogance.

wiz1120
04-19-2010, 02:54 PM
Please let me know. I haven't heard one person come to Ben's defense. Not one teammate, not a friend or family member. I wonder why that is? The answer is simple. He's not a well liked person. Doesn't mean he's guilty of anything. But I look at it like this. There are roughly 1700 players in the NFL. Ben is the only one I know of to be accused TWICE. One cop has already resigned due to this case and another facing termination. I SO hope the Rooney's can shop him. I for one want nothing more than to see Ben gone. Two rings or not. I'd rather suffer with the likes of Korell again before I have someone of Ben's character behind center. Just remember all of you that have your opinions about Ray Lewis.....and for the legal trouble he went through years ago. Even though he was only charged with obstruction. I hope Ben has played his last game as the Quarterback for the Pittsburgh Steelers.

For anyone who has this perspective, please read the numerous articles talking about the facts of the case. I just want you to realize how crappy you're gonna feel in 5 years when Ben leads the Black and Gold to at least one more super bowl.

Venom
04-19-2010, 02:55 PM
I heard that it could be 6-8 games ? If thats the case , Goodbye 2010 !! I really see it as 2-4 games at the most . Don't know why the suspension is being stretched out so long . I dont know who's waiting for it to come down asap , us Steeler fans or him, lol:coffee:

zulater
04-19-2010, 02:55 PM
Ben has no "rights" to play football.

But he has the ability, and that's the reason he and every other player in the NFL has a job. No game= no NFL. It aint choir practice

:coffee:.

plenewken
04-19-2010, 03:00 PM
I just want you to realize how crappy you're gonna feel in 5 years when Ben leads the Black and Gold to at least one more super bowl.

Unfortunately, with a minimum of 40 sacks per season, I'm afraid Ben will suffer a career ending concussion well before 5 years.

GodfatherofSoul
04-19-2010, 03:01 PM
Gooddell is a PR *****. He doesn't give a damn about reality, he cares about what makes him look good. If the press hadn't latched onto this story, he never would have left his country club. And, he doesn't have the balls to say "**** it, I'm not suspending a player for 2 baseless accusations."

zulater
04-19-2010, 03:02 PM
Interesting. Thanks for sharing.

You're welcome. :hatsoff: There's a whole side of the story that's being overlooked. I don't appove of the way Ben conducted himself that night, but I'm convinced that he didn't commit a crime, and I also know that young singles have been doing some version of that dance since time immortal.

wiz1120
04-19-2010, 03:10 PM
I just want you to realize how crappy you're gonna feel in 5 years when Ben leads the Black and Gold to at least one more super bowl.

Unfortunately, with a minimum of 40 sacks per season, I'm afraid Ben will suffer a career ending concussion well before 5 years.

Well before? so you're saying he has 2 seasons, 3 seasons top left?

I

zulater
04-19-2010, 03:13 PM
No link yet, but I just heard on ESPN's NFL live in responce to a question from Wendy Nix about Ben, Aaron Smith said something to the effect of, Why wouldn't we want Ben as our qb? He wins games, that's what it's all about out here.

:tt02::tt04::tt:

NJarhead
04-19-2010, 03:16 PM
You're welcome. :hatsoff: There's a whole side of the story that's being overlooked. I don't appove of the way Ben conducted himself that night, but I'm convinced that he didn't commit a crime, and I also know that young singles have been doing some version of that dance since time immortal.

Agreed. Hence why I hate the media.

pete74
04-19-2010, 03:23 PM
wow only 3 minutes. ben is pretty freaking quick

NJarhead
04-19-2010, 03:26 PM
wow only 3 minutes. ben is pretty freaking quick

That should be evidence of his innocence right there; no man with whiskey (pee-pee) can finish up in 3 minutes. :chuckle:

MACH1
04-19-2010, 03:28 PM
Wrong colors.....thought you might know that.

http://taylormadetirade.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/brett-favre-vikings1.jpg?w=258&h=300

:toofunny:

43Hitman
04-19-2010, 03:43 PM

Posted this very blog yesterday. Post #5

Very interesting when things are put in order how different the picture looks.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=50894

OneForTheToe
04-19-2010, 03:43 PM
He can always appeal.

Yes, he has the right to appeal Roger Goodell's decision. And the person hearing the appeal from Roger Goodell's decision would be ........ Roger Goodell. :doh: Ain't life grand. :huh:

polamalubeast
04-19-2010, 03:45 PM
Goodell: Roethlisberger violated conduct policy
41 seconds ago

NEW YORK (AP) —Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger(notes) violated the NFL’s personal-conduct policy, commissioner Roger Goodell said Monday.

Goodell said on the Dan Patrick radio show the key issue is a “pattern of behavior” and “bad judgments.”

Last week, prosecutors in Georgia declined to charge Roethlisberger after a college student accused him of sexual assault in March.

The NFL is expected to discipline Roethlisberger, although it says there is no timetable for such a decision. The Steelers have said they expect a decision next week.

Roethlisberger also is being sued by a different woman who says he raped her in 2008 at a Lake Tahoe hotel-casino. Roethlisberger denies the accusation and was not charged. He has claimed counter-damages in a lawsuit.

“The issue here is with respect to a pattern of behavior and bad judgments,” Goodell said. “You do not have to be convicted or even charged with a crime to be able to demonstrate that you’ve violated a personal-conduct policy, and reflect poorly not only on themselves, but all of their teammates, every NFL player in the league, and everyone associated with the NFL. That is what my concern is, and I have expressed that directly to Ben, obviously, and I’ll be making a decision as soon as I possibly can.”

Roethlisberger practiced Monday for the first time since the season ended.

harts
04-19-2010, 04:01 PM
So Letard picks Black people that go along with his thinking and quote them in his article to back up his "viewpoint"

And the masses buy it.

Hogwash

Look - I am a Steeler Fan for 31 Years

I dont think that Ben should be suspeneded for anything --> what did he do?

I do believe that Ben NEEDS to be suspended bottom line and it should be 8 games not because it's RIGHT but because it is FAIR and equal punishment based on Goodell's track record and the NFL Morals Conduct Policy

I dont care about the release of what supposedly happened in Ben's case - If it was so serious the prosecuter should have found a way to prosecute.

All that means is the prosecuter is a loser or is not telling the accurate story in order to save face.
And how in the heck are you gonna believe what a drunk 20 year old says anyway

When you let public opinion govern how you do things then you are at the mercy of their wims.

Goodell and the NFLPA were fools for Giving Goodell ultimate power to regulate and this case just shows how stupid that decision was

And anyone calling for Ben to be traded is either a fool or not a Steeler Fan
NFL PLAYERS WILL NEVER BE CHOIR BOYS
Get of your high horse
Clean your own closets and let things be

plenewken
04-19-2010, 04:02 PM
Well before? so you're saying he has 2 seasons, 3 seasons top left?

I

Can't say how many years cause nobody can tell if and when it'll happen but he's definitely taking lots of risks with his style of play.

zulater
04-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Posted this very blog yesterday. Post #5

Very interesting when things are put in order how different the picture looks.

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=50894

Not trying to steal your thunder, just trying to get the message out that there's more than one side to the story.

I'm thinking of making the link my new signature.

:wink02:

whatdoiknow
04-19-2010, 04:11 PM
This whole thread is BS. The Steelers were NEVER considering trading Ben. Yes they are upset. And yes there will be punishment. But no way is he being dealt. The whole topic of this is pointless.

seven86
04-19-2010, 04:13 PM
Linebacker LaMarr Woodley joined Fox Sports Radio to talk about the Steelers’ tumultuous this offseason. Sports Radio Interviews, whose content frequently appears on SportingNews.com, transcribed the interview. To listen to the entire interview, SportsRadioInterviews.com.

On the Steelers trading wide receiver Santonio Holmes to the Jets:
Woodley: The thing with Santonio was shocking to me too. I got a text at about 12 in the morning saying Santonio was traded to the Jets. At first I couldn’t believe it, but I guess it was a business decision at the end of the day by the Pittsburgh Steelers. The thing with Ben [Roethlisberger], I just wish the best for him in that situation. As a player, there’s nothing you can really do but hope he gets through that situation. But luckily he did and was able to move on and is now with the team.

On whether Roethlisberger has ‘lost’ the locker room:
Woodley: I really can’t say. I can’t speak for everybody. I can’t say Ben’s lost the locker room. He hasn’t lost any respect from me at all. Ben’s a great guy, he’s a great football player, and you know, sometimes things happen off the field. Things happen -- guys into this, get into that -- and that doesn’t change how I think about a person at all.

Colon said he and his teammates support Roethlisberger.

"Whatever he has to go through, I'm going to stand behind him, not only as a teammate, but as his friend and a brother," Colon said. "I'm going to make sure he gets through it."

Farrior said he exchanged texts with Roethlisberger in a display of support and encouragement.

"From the get-go, I wanted to let him know we're there for him, and we had his back,'' said Farrior, who plans to speak with Roethlisberger next week during the team's first voluntary practices of the offseason.

Added Ward: "We're a close-knit family. We are going to rally behind each other and support each other.''

vader29
04-19-2010, 04:16 PM
Waiting until the draft is over does nothing but put more bad publicity on the NFL. Get it over with now and the news dies out once the draft is here but if they wait until the draft is over then they're putting a negative spotlight back on the league but whatever, supposedly they know what they are doing. :noidea:

mesaSteeler
04-19-2010, 04:17 PM
Last I knew it's not.

I completely agree. It isn't particularly if she is unconscious.

Florida_Steelers_Fan
04-19-2010, 04:17 PM
Thanks for sharing those links...interesting.

Florida_Steelers_Fan
04-19-2010, 04:23 PM
Picture 12 was interesting...wonder if the animal accused him of rape.

BlastFurnace
04-19-2010, 04:25 PM
It's ironic how Goodell is dragging this out for weeks and there is no criminal charges.

Yet, he wrapped up 7 years of CHEATING in 36 hours and destroyed all the evidence. . .

Goodell is a tool.

mesaSteeler
04-19-2010, 04:30 PM
Pretty much, he took advantage of the "drunk girl" at the party wearing the "DTF" Pin.

His bad for doing it when he knew he already had something hanging over his head. Her bad for following him from bar to bar, pinching his arse, hitting on him all night, getting tooled on booze, then getting exactly what she was saying she wanted the entire time, only to have her girl friends cry rape for her.

Yeah, the more I read about it, the more I Side with Ben.

With all due respect I must completely disagree. Ben's behavior is nothing to "Side" with. This "boy" Roethlisberger has a real problem. An honorable MAN would not act the he did.

Anyway bending some drunken chick over a toilet in a dingy bathroom is not my idea of good sex. That what worries me about this. I don't think it was about sex. I think it was more about a sense of entitlement and power. Unless Ben grows up I fear this will happen again. You'd think if he's were desperate to get laid why doesn't he fly to Nevada or Vancouver and be serviced by a "professional" where such activity is legal.

I believe Ben deserves the public humiliation he is undergoing. I also believe the young woman does as well for her stupid behavior. However given the double standards of our society the woman will be shielded.

Nadroj 20
04-19-2010, 04:32 PM
This whole thread is BS. The Steelers were NEVER considering trading Ben. Yes they are upset. And yes there will be punishment. But no way is he being dealt. The whole topic of this is pointless.

Chill....this is an interesting debate IMO no matter what side you are on.

Nadroj 20
04-19-2010, 04:36 PM
This may have been addressed already but can the players union make an appeal as well? I thought I heard something about this on the radio but I wasn't sure how it worked.

OneForTheToe
04-19-2010, 04:38 PM
Not sure if this has been posted since my life expectancy is shorter than the time needed to read all the "trade Ben" posts.

From Peter King: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/04/18/mmqb/index.html?eref=sihp

The Ben Roethlisberger saga, and what the Rooney family plans to do about it.

I spoke to Art Rooney II, the Steelers president and franchise caretaker since owner Dan Rooney is at work as Ambassador to Ireland, and wanted to get one thing straight: "My read of what you said in your news conference, and to the New York Times, is that you're moving forward with Ben as a Steeler.''

"That's a fair reading, yup,'' Rooney said.

So unless Roethlisberger screws up again -- unlikely because of how scared he is right now, I'm told -- he'll be the quarterback of the Steelers this year. That is after he's suspended by commissioner Roger Goodell for some period, which I now think has to be at least four games at the start of the season, for violating the league's personal conduct policy.

I feel confident this is going to be league discipline, not Steeler-imposed discipline, even though Rooney made it clear he'd rather the team punish Roethlisberger. The league handles hot-button discipline issues like this from 280 Park Avenue consistently, and I just don't think Goodell wants to cede authority to the team on such a hot-button issue. This also allows the league to rap Roethlisberger longer; the max sanction a team can mete out is four games. The league has no such limit.

On Sunday night, Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reported Goodell is expected to suspend Roethlisberger either Monday or Tuesday. I'd been told last week that the league would still be gathering information on the incident for several more days, but then the 572-page police investigation was released, a damning lot of evidence against Roethlisberger. Whether he's suspended this week or after the draft, there's little doubt Goodell will act swiftly on a Roethlisberger sanction once he feels he has all the pertinent information.

So Roethlisberger stays a Steeler. And the league, not the team, is likely to handle the punishment. Those are the two headlines here, but there's so much more. First, I'm not sure the Steelers giving Roethlisberger another chance is going to mollify Steeler fans. I think the anger of the fans is not going to be soothed very soon, and rightfully so. If a quarter of the accusations from that night in Georgia are true, he deserves the wrath he'll feel. There could be picketing in bucolic Latrobe this summer, at training camp. He'll get booed in his own stadium. He'll have to have cotton in his ears in every road stadium. He'll be a huge distraction to his own team. The Steelers are counting on time healing the wounds of the Steeler public. I'm not sure they're right about that. We'll see.

I know Steeler fans well. I married a Pittsburgh girl. The tenor of the fans I've spoken with goes something like this: I'll always love the Steelers, but I'll never cheer for that bum Roethlisberger again.

"I understand what's out there,'' Rooney said. "It's a difficult situation. I know our fans feel strongly about it. I'm hearing from them in large measure. I've gotten e-mails, been on some message boards and on Facebook. I've read the anger, and I understand it. Ben is embarrassed by it.''

But I'm also left thinking Roethlisberger's image might have been less sullied had he been charged with a crime. We've heard a fairly one-sided portrayal of events of the evening. An underage college girl and some friends are plied with alcohol, and Roethlisberger disappears with a totally intoxicated one, and the totally intoxicated one, who hit her head at one point, told police she remembers saying no to Roethlisberger's advances twice.

I'm not sure how reliable those statements should be, but it's likely the Roethlisberger side will try to let the story die and not refute anything. I believe the night probably happened close to the way the victim and her friends say it did, and that Roethlisberger is a lout. But in this job, I'm always uncomfortable hearing one side of a story, and the damning statements of the victim and her friends will likely be all we hear on this one. Maybe ever.

As for Roethlisberger, he's lucky the Steelers have a different morality standard for their star quarterback than for their Super Bowl MVP receiver. They could have traded Roethlisberger to Oakland, and if you think I'm kidding, you don't know Al Davis. But as angry as they obviously are with him, they're going to back him, assuming he turns his life around.

We could argue all day about the relative fairness of dumping a guy, Santonio Holmes, who is one strike from being banned for a year and entering the last year of a contract the Steelers probably were not going to extend, and keeping the marquee quarterback with two Super Bowl rings and a problem with how he treats women. The fact is, the quarterback's far more important to the team than the receiver, and he's going to get a little more rope. But there's no doubt he's reached the end of it with the Rooney family.

"When I met with Ben, he said he's going to be changing his life,'' Rooney said. Then he paused for two or three seconds.

"Words are the easy part,'' he said. "We have to make sure Ben puts himself on a path to do better. It's a tall order, but it's something he has to do.''

He has no choice if he wants to stay a Steeler. And if he wants to stay a free man.

One last point: However it happened, and finger-pointing aside, at least two women have come forward in the last nine months and accused Roethlisberger of taking advantage of them -- in graphic, sordid detail. That's why Goodell's punishment can't just be four, six or eight games. It has to include some mandatory counseling. If Roethlisberger's serious about changing his life, there's some evidence there that he needs to change how he treats women, and that should include figuring out why he keeps ending up in this spot.

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/04/18/mmqb/index.html?eref=sihp#ixzz0laIDCCqH
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

NJarhead
04-19-2010, 04:40 PM

How would you know what they discussed behind closed doors?

You sure seem concerned for someone so positive nothing will happen.

Now that some more of the whole story is coming out, I'm inclined to agree that he stays, but there's no question in my mind that they were willing to hear and consider offers...., and based on the information at hand, rightly so.

BTW - If you don't like a thread, just avoid it. k?

NJarhead
04-19-2010, 04:42 PM
Not sure if this has been posted since my life expectancy is shorter than the time needed to read all the "trade Ben" posts.

From Peter King: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/04/18/mmqb/index.html?eref=sihp

Read More: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/04/18/mmqb/index.html?eref=sihp#ixzz0laIDCCqH
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription

Great article! Thanks. :drink:

LambertIsGod58
04-19-2010, 04:54 PM
Well there's hardly any real racism anymore so they have to cry and make stuff up about everything and anything. Always gotta play the victim card.

This statement shows that you are the clown.

mesaSteeler
04-19-2010, 04:57 PM
If you are going to post an article you must post it with a URL.

polamalubeast
04-19-2010, 04:58 PM
Woodley: Roethlisberger ‘Hasn’t Lost Any Respect From Me At All’
SportingNews
39 minutes ago

Linebacker LaMarr Woodley(notes) joined Fox Sports Radio to talk about the Steelers’ tumultuous this offseason. Sports Radio Interviews, whose content frequently appears on SportingNews.com, transcribed the interview. To listen to the entire interview, SportsRadioInterviews.com.

On the Steelers trading wide receiver Santonio Holmes(notes) to the Jets:
Woodley: The thing with Santonio was shocking to me too. I got a text at about 12 in the morning saying Santonio was traded to the Jets. At first I couldn’t believe it, but I guess it was a business decision at the end of the day by the Pittsburgh Steelers. The thing with Ben [Roethlisberger], I just wish the best for him in that situation. As a player, there’s nothing you can really do but hope he gets through that situation. But luckily he did and was able to move on and is now with the team.

On whether Roethlisberger has ‘lost’ the locker room:
Woodley: I really can’t say. I can’t speak for everybody. I can’t say Ben’s lost the locker room. He hasn’t lost any respect from me at all. Ben’s a great guy, he’s a great football player, and you know, sometimes things happen off the field. Things happen—guys into this, get into that—and that doesn’t change how I think about a person at all.

On how the Rooney family is handling the Roethlisberger situation:
Woodley: They’re supposed to be a straight-forward organization, because of the history and the type of players that they bring in, and the respect that they have around the league. So the Rooney’s don’t tolerate a lot of things just because of the respect that they have. That’s just the way it is.

On how much the Steelers’ 2009 season disappointed him:
Woodley: Oh man, it burns you a lot because we went out there last season and lost games that we should have won. We lost games we had opportunities to win. We had leads of at least 10 or 14 points going into the fourth quarter, and the defense didn’t close out the game.

So this of-season, I’ve just been working so hard. Every time on the treadmill, doing a workout, I’m thinking about going in there and getting to somebody’s quarterback. So that’s the only thing on my mind: going out there and getting better individually. So when we come together as a team, I can go out and help my team win.

stillers4me
It seems this life style in college pretty common.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/04/19/college.anti.hookup.culture/index.html?hpt=C2
Nashville, Tennessee (CNN) -- Almost every weekend, there is a tradition called raging at Vanderbilt University.

It's a recurring, drunken activity that isn't the proudest moment for student Frannie Boyle. After consuming large quantities of alcohol before a party, her night would sometimes end in making out with a stranger or acquaintance.

Casual hook ups fueled by alcohol may be the norm across college campuses, but Boyle, now a 21-year-old junior at the school, chose to stop. Her reasons to quit hooking up echo the emotional devastation of many college students, particularly girls whose hearts are broken by the hook-up scene.

"I saw it [hooking up] as a way to be recognized and get satisfaction," said Boyle, shaking her blond ponytail. "I felt so empty then."

whatdoiknow
This statement shows that you are the clown.

Yes there IS Racism in the world, and NFL when it comes to handing out punishments...especially against the WHITE players like Ben. See link below
Lambert Ole boy. Where was your GOD Goodell then ?

LambertIsGod58
04-19-2010, 05:03 PM
So if the Steelers don't cut or trade Ben what do you think that says about the Rooney's?

Do you think that means they will tolerate a rapist as long as it helps their cause?

Or maybe, just perhaps they think Ben isn't guilty of criminal conduct, but are tired of his boorish, loutish frat boy antics and the negative light he has brought upon himself the team and the league because of it, and that they wont tolerate any more incedents such as the one in Ga.?

Basically that's what I think they are trying to say. I really think if they truly believed Ben a rapist they'd get rid of him. If I thought otherwise of the Rooney's I'd stop supporting the Steelers.

At the end of the day, it's a business. Whether or not the Rooney's would get rid of Ben because of what they think or can prove, doesn't mean anything to me. I don't know the Rooney's well enough to truly know what is more important. Their integrity or millions of dollars.

NJarhead
04-19-2010, 05:04 PM
That's a bullshit issue. Circumstances are entirely different (contracts for one) and one player happens to be white and one to be black. Did they forget who's team these players are/were on??

steeldawg
04-19-2010, 05:05 PM
Yes there IS Racism in the world, and NFL when it comes to handing out punishments...especially against the WHITE players like Ben. See link below
Lambert Ole boy. Where was your GOD Goodell then ?

how do you know ben hasnt even been suspended yet

LambertIsGod58
04-19-2010, 05:07 PM
Yeah ok...for the people like yourself who refuse to even consider Ben's side of the story...what if Ben is INNOCENT and these accusations are completely FALSE.

Ben should be fine and dandy with having the book thrown at him for false allegations? He should be okay with being suspended 4-8 games for going out drinking and having consensual sex with a drunk chick?

I'm sure if you were suspended or fired from your job for something you didn't do...you'd be upset and want to appeal as well wouldn't you? But no...for Ben, it's arrogance.

His arrogance has been an issue for this franchise for the better part of his career. Not just now regarding what punishment he might get. Super Bowl titles doesn't cloud that for me. If it does for some of you, then we are simply different.

steeldawg
04-19-2010, 05:14 PM
His arrogance has been an issue for this franchise for the better part of his career. Not just now regarding what punishment he might get. Super Bowl titles doesn't cloud that for me. If it does for some of you, then we are simply different.

what is this arrogance you speak of? I doubt you know him personally. guy wins to superbowls and your mad cause you think he's arrogant. Who cares if hes arrogant im not wanting to be his friend i want to win football games.

moedap
04-19-2010, 05:14 PM
All of the people on this board who cry reverse racism crack me up. Right or wrong most of us African-Americans will continue to be sensitive to race issues due to racism being so deeply ingrained in United States culture. It has only been 45-50 years that white americans have had to honestly confront that ugly reality of American culture.(A confrontation many of you wish never came to light) Us African-Americans have not only confronted that reality but we were and still are the "victims" of that reality. Our sensitivity is our defense mechanism that will never go away as long as there are demagogues such as Rush Limbaugh and the cronies who follow them. Us African-Americans know all too well what letting our guard down could mean(lynchings, stolen property, forced expectations, etc....) But I guess those who cry we are being to sensitive or reverse racism are probably the ones us African Americans have to watch out for anyway.

LambertIsGod58
04-19-2010, 05:15 PM
I find it ironic that Santonio was let go for a 5th round pick......hmmmmmmm? Sounds like a double standard to me.

NJarhead
04-19-2010, 05:18 PM
I find it ironic that Santonio was let go for a 5th round pick......hmmmmmmm? Sounds like a double standard to me.

He had one year left on his contract. Would you give up a 4th for a guy you may only have for 12 games then be free to leave?

NJarhead
04-19-2010, 05:21 PM
All of the people on this board who cry reverse racism crack me up. Right or wrong most of us African-Americans will continue to be sensitive to race issues due to racism being so deeply ingrained in United States culture. It has only been 45-50 years that white americans have had to honestly confront that ugly reality of American culture.(A confrontation many of you wish never came to light) Us African-Americans have not only confronted that reality but we were and still are the "victims" of that reality. Our sensitivity is our defense mechanism that will never go away as long as there are demagogues such as Rush Limbaugh and the cronies who follow them. Us African-Americans know all too well what letting our guard down could mean(lynchings, stolen property, forced expectations, etc....) But I guess those who cry we are being to sensitive or reverse racism are probably the ones us African Americans have to watch out for anyway.

Explain the constant separation to me then (on the part of Black America), because I'm still scratching my head on why we need a "Black History Month" and "black this" and "black that." It would appear to me that it'll never go away until it's all counted together as U.S. History, etc. The separation of the two aspects (black and white) calls more attention to it rather than allowing it to blend. That's my view anyway.

steeldawg
04-19-2010, 05:24 PM

So if ben is not suspended white people will start lynching stealing and im not sure what forced expectations are. There is no such thing as reverse racism, racism is racism. This case has nothing to due with race. So please spare me the we are victims here and the evil rush limbaugh is out to get me.

NJarhead
04-19-2010, 05:26 PM
So if ben is not suspended white people will start lynching stealing and im not sure what forced expectations are. There is no such thing as reverse racism, racism is racism. This case has nothing to due with race. So please spare me the we are victims here and the evil rush limbaugh is out to get me.

I can't believe I missed that one; thank you for pointing that out.

steeldawg
04-19-2010, 05:32 PM

thats because you have no idea what your talking abouut. santo for one is not even close to being as valuble as ben. 2 he was suspend for 4 games in the last year of his contract which we were not gonna pick up at the end of the year. So he was gone away at the end of the year. So it was either keep him for twelve games and then lose him to free agency or attempt to get some value for him. Those are just the facts buddy.

JSH6487
04-19-2010, 05:33 PM

There's so many things that I could say to pick apart this idiotic sentence...but it's not even worth it. You've already proven to be a clown with an agenda against Ben...most likely are a friggin liberal too.

LambertIsGod58
04-19-2010, 05:36 PM
I'm idiotic? According to you, racism doesn't "really" exist anymore.

LambertIsGod58
04-19-2010, 05:37 PM
There's so many things that I could say to pick apart this idiotic sentence...but it's not even worth it. You've already proven to be a clown with an agenda against Ben...most likely are a friggin liberal too.

BTW, I'd say having photos like you have as your avatar, you support Ben now more for what he's been accused of.

Steelrule
04-19-2010, 05:39 PM
If the NFL won't take some form of action, the Steelers should. While you can argue that he hasn't been charged, a lame argument I might add, he has certainly brought disgrace to the organization by putting himself in these situations.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt the first time however, there is a definite pattern of behavior that should not be taken lightly let alone tolerated. There’s an old saying, “fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.” This is now Bens 3rd “incident” (apparently there was an incident in Las Vegas as well). I’m all for 2nd chances, but this idiot is blowing it big time.

JSH6487
04-19-2010, 05:41 PM
I'm idiotic? According to you, racism doesn't "really" exist anymore.

I'm not gonna get into any race argument with some dumb liberal...I know better than to lower myself to that.

steeldawg
04-19-2010, 05:42 PM
BTW, I'd say having photos like you have as your avatar, you support Ben now more for what he's been accused of.

What are you even talking about?

JSH6487
04-19-2010, 05:44 PM
If the NFL won't take some form of action, the Steelers should. While you can argue that he hasn't been charged, a lame argument I might add, he has certainly brought disgrace to the organization by putting himself in these situations.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt the first time however, there is a definite pattern of behavior that should not be taken lightly let alone tolerated. There’s an old saying, “fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice, shame on me.” This is now Bens 3rd “incident” (apparently there was an incident in Las Vegas as well). I’m all for 2nd chances, but this idiot is blowing it big time.

Yeah, shame on Ben for going out and having a good time! He should of known better walking into that bar that he was going to be falsely accused of rape!

LambertIsGod58
04-19-2010, 05:45 PM
Yeah, shame on Ben for going out and having a good time! He should of known better walking into that bar that he was going to be falsely accused of rape!

I would care to bet that rape doesn't exist either in your book.

steeldawg
04-19-2010, 05:46 PM

When you start suspending people for morals where do you draw the line? The las vegas case is a joke he's even counter suing the girl. The motorcycle accident could happen to anyone.

Dodt
04-19-2010, 05:51 PM
how ben should be punished besides the suspension
1 during his suspension ben must hand out ( pays ) concessions during steelers home games
2 ben must volunteer in a women's self defense class (no padding )
3 when clubing ben must wear a Chasity belt and shock collar

Steelrule
04-19-2010, 05:56 PM

Unfortunately for Ben, this isn't the 70's when you could get away with being a bad character. If he is too stupid to figure out he's got a target on his back, then I'd say we have a problem. As far as "falsely being accused of rape," where did that come from? A lack of evidence does not automatically mean it was a false accusation. Read a law book!

SteelersinCA
04-19-2010, 05:58 PM
But he has the ability, and that's the reason he and every other player in the NFL has a job. No game= no NFL. It aint choir practice

:coffee:.

Pretty sure the NFL would get a long just fine without Ben.

SteelersinCA
04-19-2010, 06:02 PM
When you start suspending people for morals where do you draw the line? The las vegas case is a joke he's even counter suing the girl. The motorcycle accident could happen to anyone.

Wherever the commissioner wants, thats what a conduct policy is in place for. It's ambiguously worded for a reason. If you cant follow simple rules and standards of conduct you simply don't deserve the amount of money they get paid. It's a fairly basic concept. You don't break any laws, per se, by walking into your place of employment and calling every woman "sweet tits." Wanna start an over and under on how long you would last disregarding those morals??? I didn't think so.

The players have a choice; if they don't like it, go play in another football league. Don't forget he broke the law driving without a license in the motorcycle incident that "could happen to anyone.":banging:

steeldawg
04-19-2010, 06:05 PM
Unfortunately for Ben, this isn't the 70's when you could get away with being a bad character. If he is too stupid to figure out he's got a target on his back, then I'd say we have a problem. As far as "falsely being accused of rape," where did that come from? A lack of evidence does not automatically mean it was a false accusation. Read a law book!

well lack of evidence means they could not substantiate any of the girls claims or her friends claims. Also she gave 2 different statements to police and so did her friends, ccombine that with the fact a rape kit was administered and the doctor could not determine if a rape had taken place also with the fact no dna could be matched also the girl was hammered and could barely walk . Also a team of professional investigators investigated this case for a month and still could not prove the claims. So you will have to forgive me if choose to draw my conclusions from the investigation documents rather than what it is being reported. And also she want to have the case dropped in a letter written to the DA from her family. I guess the press was to much of a price to pay for their daughters justice.

SteelersinCA
04-19-2010, 06:06 PM
It seems this life style in college pretty common.

http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/04/19/college.anti.hookup.culture/index.html?hpt=C2

It may very well be common in college, how old is Ben? Hardly college age. Why do most people forget that Ben is not acting like a normal guy his age?

pittguy578
04-19-2010, 06:14 PM
I think it is one thing if the girl was drunk and Ben was sober, but everything I have read has indicated Ben was just nearly as messed up as she was.

SteelersinCA
04-19-2010, 06:15 PM
That's why Peter King is one of the best!

steeldawg
04-19-2010, 06:18 PM
Wherever the commissioner wants, thats what a conduct policy is in place for. It's ambiguously worded for a reason. If you cant follow simple rules and standards of conduct you simply don't deserve the amount of money they get paid. It's a fairly basic concept. You don't break any laws, per se, by walking into your place of employment and calling every woman "sweet tits." Wanna start an over and under on how long you would last disregarding those morals??? I didn't think so.

The players have a choice; if they don't like it, go play in another football league. Don't forget he broke the law driving without a license in the motorcycle incident that "could happen to anyone.":banging:

The point is there are no simple rules or standards in the conduct policy its left up to goodell to make a decision for whats the right way for someone to live off the field. dont be suprised if the players union appeals this they do not want this to be the precedent set going forward. And besides calling a woman sweet tits at work and at a bar are 2 totally different situations.

SteelersinCA
04-19-2010, 06:20 PM
The point is there are no simple rules or standards in the conduct policy its left up to goodell to make a decision for whats the right way for someone to live off the field. dont be suprised if the players union appeals this they do not want this to be the precedent set going forward. And besides calling a woman sweet tits at work and at a bar are 2 totally different situations.

I don't think it's really much different at all. OK, let's do it this way. You go to bars and call every woman sweet tits and make sure your employer knows about it like Ben's knows about his morally questionable behavior at a bar. Now do you want to take that over/under? Still didn't think so.

LambertIsGod58
04-19-2010, 06:21 PM
I think it is one thing if the girl was drunk and Ben was sober, but everything I have read has indicated Ben was just nearly as messed up as she was.

Last I knew, you are responsible for your actions drunk or otherwise. He gets a pass because he's drunk? Maybe next time it will be your sister or mother. See if you feel the same way then.

NJarhead
04-19-2010, 06:24 PM
I'm glad that they are acknowledging that the fans are pissed off, and (for the most part) expect more out of the players.

cloppbeast
04-19-2010, 06:24 PM
He used to be a rather handsome fella, that is before the chubbiness set in.

steeldawg
04-19-2010, 06:29 PM
Last I knew, you are responsible for your actions drunk or otherwise. He gets a pass because he's drunk? Maybe next time it will be your sister or mother. See if you feel the same way then.

ok stop contradicting yourself you say taking advantage of drunk girls is wrong and then regarding ben you say even if your drunk you should take resposiblity for your actions. So does she get a pass cause she was drunk.

steeldawg
04-19-2010, 06:36 PM
I don't think it's really much different at all. OK, let's do it this way. You go to bars and call every woman sweet tits and make sure your employer knows about it like Ben's knows about his morally questionable behavior at a bar. Now do you want to take that over/under? Still didn't think so.

i guess we can put out a bunch of other ridiculous hypotheticals that i would not take an over under on.

SteelersinCA
04-19-2010, 06:42 PM
i guess we can put out a bunch of other ridiculous hypotheticals that i would not take an over under on.

You said the NFL shouldn't punish morality. I'm merely pointing out that the NFL is no different than any other employer. You get it now?

steeldawg
04-19-2010, 06:46 PM
You said the NFL shouldn't punish morality. I'm merely pointing out that the NFL is no different than any other employer. You get it now?

Morality in your personal life your employer should have no control over. If you want to be an ass at home or be a drunk at home or on your own time as long as you are not committing crimes you should be able as long as it doesnt affect your job

Stone
04-19-2010, 06:46 PM
Something light-hearted for a change:

http://blogcritics.org/sports/article/satire-new-roethlisberger-incident-from-2003/

HometownGal
04-19-2010, 06:56 PM
He used to be a rather handsome fella, that is before the chubbiness set in.

It's not the chubbiness that turns me off - I like my men with a little meat on 'em. It's that rat's nest of a doo that gags me with a spoon. :yuck:

msafford
04-19-2010, 06:57 PM
Being a BGSU grad, I don't find that funny in the least. :flap:

That's probably the only time I've ever said "F*ck Ben Roethlisberger." Of course, I followed that with, "God, I hope the Steelers draft him!"

SteelersinCA
04-19-2010, 06:58 PM
Like I said if you are being an ass at home and your employer finds out, it wont be good news for you. Surely you understand that right?

zulater
04-19-2010, 07:03 PM

His arrogance is probably one of the reasons his winning percentage is as high as it is.

steeldawg
04-19-2010, 07:04 PM
Like I said if you are being an ass at home and your employer finds out, it wont be good news for you. Surely you understand that right?

IT wont matter if im an ass at home my employer should have no bearing on my personal life. Its as if i worshiping the devil at home and my employer decided to fire me for it they would have one hell of a lawsuit on there hands

zulater
04-19-2010, 07:06 PM
Pretty sure the NFL would get a long just fine without Ben.

Yeah and I suppose the Steelers could go another 25 years before winning another Super Bowl too. But I'd just as soon neither be the case.

cloppbeast
04-19-2010, 07:17 PM
To trade, or not to trade? I really think this is the wrong question. Because it all depends on what you're getting in return. Ben is only worth so much, even if he's worth a lot. If the Steelers are offered more than what he's worth, it would be stupid not to trade him, and vise-versa.

Would those of you saying don't deal Ben feel the same way if the Steelers were offered 5 first round picks? Would those of you saying trade Ben feel the same way if the Steelers were offered a 7th round picks?

There is a point in which it would be worth it to trade Ben. What's your puke point?

steelerjim58
04-19-2010, 07:17 PM
As an employee the only thing my employer should worry about is that I show up and do my job. As for anything I do off the clock, none of their business. If I get a dui, none of their business unless I can't show up for work. If I am having sex in nightclubs, none of their business unless I can't show up for work. As long as I am doing my job that I am being paid to do leave me alone.

zulater
04-19-2010, 07:19 PM
John Clayton is saying he expects the league to set Ben down for 4 games, but that he will be eligible for reinstatement after 3 games providing he meets all the terms of his suspension, i.e. counseling, no further incidents etc...

I hope Clayton is right. I think the punishment would fit the situation perfectly.

steeldawg
04-19-2010, 07:19 PM
As an employee the only thing my employer should worry about is that I show up and do my job. As for anything I do off the clock, none of their business. If I get a dui, none of their business unless I can't show up for work. If I am having sex in nightclubs, none of their business unless I can't show up for work. As long as I am doing my job that I am being paid to do leave me alone.

Finally a person with some sense.

steeldawg
04-19-2010, 07:21 PM
I think its racist if ben gets suspended on a tuesday. (sarcasm)

zulater
04-19-2010, 07:25 PM

If you're the greeter at Walmart or theguy selling me a whopper that's fine. But if you're in a high profile job, or one that requires personal discipline ( police) or maybe one that requires you handling sensitive materials or information then your off the clock behaviour can be held against you and should.

I'm on your side with Ben, but your argument isn't persuavive in this instance.

zulater
04-19-2010, 07:40 PM

I hate that sort of bullshit.

Well what if Ben were your son, or your brother? Oh I know you'd kick his ass blah blah blah. :blah:

Well turn it around I could just as well say if the alleged victim was my sister, daughter etc... I'd be furious with her for going out with her "DTF" shirt, using a phony ID to get in clubs, getting herself shitfaced, chasing celebrities, conversing in vulgar and sexually provactive ways with strange men blah blah blah too. :blah:

You weren't there, I wasn't there, there wasn't enough evidence to even bring about charges let alone convict.

I'll trust in the steelers orginization to do the right thing. If they honestly believe he's a rapist he wont be a Steeler for much longer. If they think he's redeemable he'll stay on as our qb as long as he doesn't screw up again. And as long as he's a Steeler he's got my support when he's on the field. And in time, he might eventually get it again off the field as well.

steelerdave1969
04-19-2010, 07:44 PM
Sorry, but this is a pretty stupid . . . Will the season ever start ? . .

Stanley
04-19-2010, 07:47 PM
John Clayton is saying he expects the league to set Ben down for 4 games, but that he will be eligible for reinstatement after 3 games providing he meets all the terms of his suspension, i.e. counseling, no further incidents etc...

I hope Clayton is right. I think the punishment would fit the situation perfectly.

The Commish should give Big Ben exactly the same punishment he gave Mike Vick.
One exibition game and 2 regular season games.
:tap:

GoodyTwo
04-19-2010, 07:56 PM
Love it

NJarhead
04-19-2010, 08:03 PM
Good for Woodley. I hope he's being sincere. I'll tell you what though, Ben needs to do what ever it takes to make sure they all know that he is sorry; that it won't happen again and that he, himself, is sincere about both. He can't lead anyone until that gets done. He's got be the leader and I can't imagine a tougher task than getting the folks you're leading to trust and respect you again after all the crap he's brought to the table.

I have to be honest; I'm only behind him because he's the QB of the Pittsburgh Steelers right now. I'm sure no one in that locker room wants to be the stinker by admitting they feel similar.

whatdoiknow
04-19-2010, 08:05 PM
I guess this now means that the poster here who goes by " Lambert is god " now thinks Woodley is of LOW Character, and is Arrogant!!

SteelersinCA
04-19-2010, 08:09 PM
IT wont matter if im an ass at home my employer should have no bearing on my personal life. Its as if i worshiping the devil at home and my employer decided to fire me for it they would have one hell of a lawsuit on there hands

Finally a person with some sense.

I keep hearing a lot of "shoulds," my employer should do this, should not do this, shouldn't care, blah blah blah. Why would your employer have a lawsuit? 90% of employees are "at-will" which means they don't have to give you a reason to fire you at all. As an attorney who handles hundreds of DUIs a year a can guarantee you people lose their job over things that aren't done "on the clock."

You can be upset about it all you want, it's not reality and to expect the NFL to run as if it were anything other than a BUSINESS is wishful thinking.

NJarhead
04-19-2010, 08:11 PM
I guess this now means that the poster here who goes by " Lambert is god " now thinks Woodley is of LOW Character, and is Arrogant!!

Really? Is that necessary?

whatdoiknow
04-19-2010, 08:16 PM
Really? Is that necessary?

Necessary ?...No....Funny as HELL ?....Damn Skippy!!:hatsoff::applaudit::chuckle:

NJarhead
04-19-2010, 08:18 PM
Necessary ?...No....Funny as HELL ?....Damn Skippy!!:hatsoff::applaudit::chuckle:

That was funny? :doh:

Here:

www.YouCanBeFunnyToo.com

Stanley
04-19-2010, 08:24 PM
If you're the greeter at Walmart or theguy selling me a whopper that's fine. But if you're in a high profile job, or one that requires personal disipline ( police) or maybe one that requires you handling sensitive materials or information then your off the clock behaviour can be held against you and should.

I'm on your side with Ben, but your argument isn't persuavive in this instance.

You're right.
TV reporters and commentators have been suspended and fired for their personal conduct off the job. Government officials have lost their jobs because of their personal conducts.
The NFL and the Pittsburgh Steelers are private businesses.
The players are employees. If a players off-field conduct is bad for business, the NFL can suspend or fire him.
:drink:

cloppbeast
04-19-2010, 08:29 PM

In an ordinary business, I agree. If you are caught making a jerk of yourself and it so happens to get in the paper, it won't say Steelerjim58 is an employee of such and such. But, when Ben is putting himself in these situations, the newspaper states he's an NFL player. This hurts the NFL's name-brand, and ultimately hurts the business.

zulater
04-19-2010, 08:38 PM
You're right.
TV reporters and commentators have been suspended and fired for their personal conduct off the job. Government officials have lost their jobs because of their personal conducts.
The NFL and the Pittsburgh Steelers are private businesses.
The players are employees. If a players off-field conduct is bad for business, the NFL can suspend or fire him.
:drink:

I just hope whatever they plan on doing to Ben they tell us soon, so we can start to get this behind us.

LVSteelersfan
04-19-2010, 09:15 PM
I know it is a little different case, but when I was in the military, if someone did something that lost respect from people, it was not easy to work your way back from it. I am not sure if Ben deserves the respect of the other players but they need to realize that he is the one that will lead them to the promised land, so they have to play the same as if nothing ever happened. Of course if they get off to a bad start because of Ben being suspended, that could railroad the whole season as people will probably be po'ed at Ben and blame him.

NJarhead
04-19-2010, 09:17 PM
I know it is a little different case, but when I was in the military, if someone did something that lost respect from people, it was not easy to work your way back from it. I am not sure if Ben deserves the respect of the other players but they need to realize that he is the one that will lead them to the promised land, so they have to play the same as if nothing ever happened. Of course if they get off to a bad start because of Ben being suspended, that could railroad the whole season as people will probably be po'ed at Ben and blame him.

Exactly where I was coming from. The difference here is, Ben can't simply be demoted or sent to go fill sandbags. They have no choice but to help and allow him to rebuild his trust and leadership role.

Preacher
04-19-2010, 09:43 PM
I think its racist if ben gets suspended on a tuesday. (sarcasm)

:buttkick:

:chuckle:

Mags87
04-19-2010, 09:48 PM
His arrogance is probably one of the reasons his winning percentage is as high as it is.

id like to think his winning percentage was the cause of his arrogance.

on another topic, if im not breaking the law, id like to think that my employer would have nothing to do with my personal life. if i cheat on my wife and we get divorced, should i get a paycut or face another form of punishment at work because cheating on my wife is morally wrong?

in this case, Ben was accused of breaking the law but then cleared of it. so just because he bangs a chick and the press catches wind of it, his employer can punish him for it?

if i ever get in trouble from my employer cause i have sex with a drunk girl in a club, id be a pretty upset person.

ysgi
04-19-2010, 09:50 PM
I just hope whatever they plan on doing to Ben they tell us soon, so we can start to get this behind us.

This should have been "put behind us" as soon as the DA said 'no charges will be pressed' But NOOOOOO. Everyone had to get their 15 minutes in. The DA ( oh by the way he's running for office and needed to mug for the camera) Terry Bradshaw - for whatever reason he thought he needed more tv time. Local News and radio douches (oh, BTW - looking for ratings) started asking 'what if' questions.
And the so called 'fans' that keep saying 'he keeps putting himself in THESE Stupid situations' - WHAT SITUATIONS. If there was a situation, don't you think that DA would have found one - Remember, he is running for office. (ie. free TV time.)

If Ben is guilty - then let him Fry.
If Ben hurt a girl - F him and let him FRY.
If Ben is being wrongly accused - LEAVE HIM BE.

-ysgi

tony hipchest
04-19-2010, 10:07 PM
If Ben hurt a girl - F him and let him FRY.

-ysgii guess thats all relative then. she did have bruises on her clam. :noidea:

4dOsbsuhYGQ

ysgi
04-19-2010, 10:15 PM
i guess thats all relative then. she did have bruises on her clam. :noidea:

4dOsbsuhYGQ

So that means what ????? She's clumsy? She fell down? She plays roller hockey? You beat her with your clam stick? What???? Connect the dots that make any more sense than those that point to Ben.

Yep, didn't think so.

pittguy578
04-19-2010, 10:19 PM
I do not think the NFL take Ben's money without his conviction. Sure they can suspend him, but they can't alter his labor contract without a fair trial.
I do not know of any player losing bank without an arrest or conviction.

pittguy578
04-19-2010, 10:30 PM
I keep hearing a lot of "shoulds," my employer should do this, should not do this, shouldn't care, blah blah blah. Why would your employer have a lawsuit? 90% of employees are "at-will" which means they don't have to give you a reason to fire you at all. As an attorney who handles hundreds of DUIs a year a can guarantee you people lose their job over things that aren't done "on the clock."

You can be upset about it all you want, it's not reality and to expect the NFL to run as if it were anything other than a BUSINESS is wishful thinking.

Yes-if their job requires driving or they have contact with students i.e. teachers.
And the difference is those people are arrested and convicted.
Ben was neither arrested nor convicted.

SteelersinCA
04-19-2010, 10:35 PM
Yes-if their job requires driving or they have contact with students i.e. teachers.
And the difference is those people are arrested and convicted.
Ben was neither arrested nor convicted.

You don't get it, thanks for clarifying.

pittguy578
04-19-2010, 10:40 PM
You don't get it, thanks for clarifying.

I do get.it..Thanks for being wrong.

tony hipchest
04-19-2010, 10:45 PM
So that means what ?????

Yep, didn't think so.

uni6MhgaDzs

i didnt think so either, wiseguy.

austinfrench76
04-19-2010, 10:58 PM
What's weird about his quote about Ben is that when theya sked him if BB had lost the locker room he didn't say "NO!!" he said "I can't speak for everyone." That to me is saying something. The thing about what is going on with Ben roght now is not that everyone is coming out and trashing him but rather how no one is coming out in his defense! No one is really coming out and saying what a great perosn he is, people answer questions about him and sometimes will add that in ie. Woodley, Bettis but no one is really backing him up. Odd IMO

Shea
04-19-2010, 11:10 PM
Well there's hardly any real racism anymore so they have to cry and make stuff up about everything and anything. Always gotta play the victim card.

Wow ......

Probably the most stupid and ignorant post I've ever come across here, and that's saying something.

Stu Pidasso
04-19-2010, 11:14 PM
Beat her with a clam stick...

LOL Post of the day!

whatdoiknow
04-19-2010, 11:17 PM
thats because you have no idea what your talking abouut. santo for one is not even close to being as valuble as ben. 2 he was suspend for 4 games in the last year of his contract which we were not gonna pick up at the end of the year. So he was gone away at the end of the year. So it was either keep him for twelve games and then lose him to free agency or attempt to get some value for him. Those are just the facts buddy.

Not to argue but you are wrong. It would have been MUCH better to keep Santonio.
Holmes is a borderline " Super star " And forgetting the fact that some team MIGHT have had a injury to a KEY WR in the next few months where we could have gotten more than a 5th. The simple FACT is that if we would have kept Santonio, not only could he have helped us this season, but when he did leave as a free agent, we DEFINITELY would have gotten a better COMP pick for losing him. Probably a 3rd.

So your statement is Incorrect.

LVSteelersfan
04-19-2010, 11:17 PM
All I can think of is Cliff Stoudt, Bubby Brister, Mark Malone, David Woodley, Kordell Stewart, etc. I just can't see the Rooneys trading away someone like Ben unless he just is totally clueless and doesn't get the message at all. If he is that stupid, he could be spending jail time instead of playing football. One more time of this kind of nonsense and I think Ben is gone.

Borski
04-19-2010, 11:18 PM

Disagreeing with someone is one thing, you don't gotta be an a-hole about it and call the guy out.

punks like you are what drive respectable members away.

ysgi
04-19-2010, 11:28 PM
Beat her with a clam stick...

LOL Post of the day!

:hatsoff:

-ysgi

steelerjim58
04-19-2010, 11:52 PM
"The players are employees. If a players off-field conduct is bad for business, the NFL can suspend or fire him."
:drink:[/QUOTE]

How many of you honestly believe that the NFL, as a business, will be negatively affected by these incidents? Only the most conservative, stick up their a$$ people would judge a business by the actions of a very few.

whatdoiknow
04-19-2010, 11:59 PM
I see Mike Florio is at it again. Wow! Imagine Ben taking 7 cents from a,,,he says a tip jar. But it could have been one of those trays that people leave for others to take IF they don't have the few cents they need, rather than giving the cashier another large Bill. Way to go Mike,,,keep those HUGE earth-shattering reports coming about Big Ben.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/04/19/ben-might-be-better-off-in-a-new-city/

fansince'76
04-20-2010, 12:05 AM
In our view, the passage of time possibly will help. The issue never will go away....

....as long as gossip-mongering parasitic assclowns like us here at PFT continue to endlessly harp on the subject with 50 or so "stories" per day about it....

MACH1
04-20-2010, 12:15 AM
To trade, or not to trade? I really think this is the wrong question. Because it all depends on what you're getting in return. Ben is only worth so much, even if he's worth a lot. If the Steelers are offered more than what he's worth, it would be stupid not to trade him, and vise-versa.

Would those of you saying don't deal Ben feel the same way if the Steelers were offered 5 first round picks? Would those of you saying trade Ben feel the same way if the Steelers were offered a 7th round picks?

There is a point in which it would be worth it to trade Ben. What's your puke point?

Can you guarantee those top picks are going to be starting first year rookie pro bowl players?

That's what I thought.

I think I'd take my chances with a proven winner.

Preacher
04-20-2010, 12:23 AM
Well - as for Skippy - he went postal on a poor defenseless paper towel dispenser, not a woman as Harrison did.

Don't you long for the days when the worst thing that happens is our kicker let's loose on a paper towel dispenser?

mesaSteeler
04-20-2010, 12:24 AM
Columnist: `Goodell must be stopped'
Bob Smizik's Blog
http://community.post-gazette.com/blogs/bobsmizik/default.aspx
Monday, 10:30 p.m.

Gregg Doyel, a columnist for CBSSports.com, doesn’t like the way Roger Goodell is conducting himself in his role as commissioner of the National Football League. He particularly does not like the way Goodell is handling the Ben Roethlisberger situation.

Goodell is considering a suspension of Roethlisberger for violation of the NFL personal-conduct policy.

Doyel writes: ``Roger Goodell scares the hell out of me.’’

And ``Roger Goodell must be stopped.’’

It’s an interesting take and one some people have been making on this blog for some time.

Here’s Doyel’s column. --- Bob Smizik

Goodell's conduct policy veering from mostly right to all wrong
April 18, 2010
By Gregg Doyel
CBSSports.com National Columnist
http://www.cbssports.com/print/columns/story/13243927/goodells-conduct-policy-veering-from-mostly-right-to-all-wrong?tag=button-bar;btn-print

I don't want to live in a world where an accusation is tantamount to a conviction. That's what happened in Salem, Mass., a few centuries ago. People were accused of witchcraft. Proof? There was no proof, just accusations. But accusations were enough. And so innocent people died.

I don't want to live there.

Roger Goodell lives there.

Roger Goodell scares the hell out of me.

And it wasn't always this way. When Goodell as NFL commissioner unveiled his personal conduct policy in 2007, it was new, needed, even noble. The policy read, and I quote, "It will be considered conduct detrimental [for league personnel] to engage in ... violent and/or criminal activity." The policy went on to describe the line in the sand that could not be crossed, and that line was this: an arrest or a legal charge. A player didn't have to be convicted of a crime to be suspended; he had to be "arrested or charged," a phrase that appeared three times in the conduct policy.

And I loved it. The court system can take forever, and legal finagling often reduces charges to unrecognizable, even negligible levels. For example, domestic battery is often reduced to disturbing the peace, and a DUI arrest can be pleaded down to reckless driving. Goodell can't suspend a guy for disturbing the peace or for reckless friggin' driving, so he goes after the original charge. And we should understand. Tank Johnson and Pacman Jones were charged with all sorts of heinous crimes, and Goodell hammered them. Before all the lawyer wrangling, there was plenty of legal smoke, so Goodell brought the fire. Good for him, and good for his cynical but smart line in the sand.

But in recent weeks, Goodell has moved that line. Where did he move it? He moved it toward Salem, Mass. He moved it somewhere scary:

It's no longer necessary that there be enough evidence of "violent and/or criminal activity" for police to make an arrest or file charges. Nope. Now, an accusation is enough.

Goodell's new line in the sand was outlined in a memo leaked last week, a memo that reads, and I quote: "Every investigation, arrest, or other allegation of improper conduct ... threatens the continued success of our brand."

See that? An arrest is no longer needed. Forget about a conviction. Now, an "allegation" will do.

It makes me wonder ...

I live in Cincinnati. I see the occasional Cincinnati Bengal out at a bar. If I accused any of them of punching me in the face, could I get them suspended?

Hey, Commissioner. Carson Palmer and Chad Ochocinco decked me -- get 'em!

The news peg for my column, obviously, is Pittsburgh quarterback Ben Roethlisberger. He has been accused of sexual assault by two different women, most recently last month in Georgia. In both instances, police looked into the woman's accusations. In both instances, the district attorney reviewed the evidence and declined to take the case to trial. Roethlisberger wasn't convicted. He wasn't even charged.

But Goodell wants him suspended anyway. In hindsight, it seems obvious to me that Roethlisberger was the reason for that memo last week, and for the new line in the sand. In that memo, Goodell went all revisionist history when he wrote, and I quote, "Unfortunately, in recent weeks there have been several negative incidents ... that we have previously identified as particularly troublesome [such as] allegations of violence against women."

See what Goodell did there? We have previously identified ... allegations of violence against women.

Liar.

"Allegations" were never previously identified. That was never the line in the sand. Arrests and charges were identified. That was the line in sand: Arrests. Charges.

But now, "allegations" are enough. And let's be honest: They are rather horrific allegations. Sexual assault on a woman by anyone, much less by a 240-pound professional football player, is evil if true. Allegations like that must be taken seriously -- deathly seriously. And they were. Cops in Nevada investigated one accusation and found that the alleged victim had told friends she was hoping for "a little Roethlisberger" after the encounter, which sounds nothing like sexual assault to me. Cops in Georgia investigated the other charge, which sounded much more serious. In any event, neither state found enough evidence to go forward.

No matter to Goodell. He has been talking with the Steelers about how to deal with Roethlisberger, with Steelers president Art Rooney II saying it's a matter of time before Roethlisberger is disciplined. Said Rooney on Thursday: "When we get to the point where we have agreed with the commissioner on what that action will be, that's when it will be imposed."

In other words, this won't be an NFL suspension -- yet it'll be a Roger Goodell production anyway. If the Steelers, on their own, want to suspend Roethlisberger for a pattern of immaturity that makes the team look bad, that would be their right. He's their employee. If the Steelers want to suspend Roethlisberger, do it.

But Goodell is involved, redrawing his line in the sand to a location that should curdle the blood of every player in the league. Because if Roethlisberger goes down for this, anybody could be next. No charges? No problem. All the NFL needs is an allegation.

To understand how strongly I feel about this position, you have to understand how strongly I dislike Ben Roethlisberger. He's a serial idiot -- a stupid, ****y caricature of the modern-day athlete. Teammates don't like him. I can't stand him. I tolerate his existence by ignoring him whenever possible, but I can't ignore what Goodell is about to do -- not merely to Roethlisberger, but to my idea of justice. Suspending a player for one or two incidents that didn't merit a single criminal charge is an injustice. Once upon a time, Goodell had the right idea when it came to policing his league. But that time has gone. The NFL has become a police state. Enough is enough.

Never thought I would say this, but I'm saying it:

Roger Goodell must be stopped.

For more from Gregg Doyel, check him out on Twitter: @greggdoyelcbs

JSH6487
04-20-2010, 12:29 AM
Wow ......

Probably the most stupid and ignorant post I've ever come across here, and that's saying something.

Whatever...white people in general bend over backward to NOT be racist towards blacks. Of course you'll bring up names like Rush Limbaugh like most liberals do to try and label the entire white race as racist...but really, most of the racism in this world is coming from non whites.

Just because Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton get involved in everything and anything...mostly completely ridiculous things, doesn't mean there's real racism going on. Of course that's what the liberal media wants you to believe though. They ONLY report something when it's happening to a black. They'll be playing the victim card until the end of time. I'll honestly be surprised if Al Sharpton isn't marching on the streets of Pittsburgh for Holmes being traded and not Ben before this is all said and done.

And I'm not at all trying to label the entire black race whatsoever...there are PLENTY who won't go and cry racism about everything and anything, but it's a shame that there are a lot out there that do still in this day and age and people like you fall for it.

You can now bash me all you want liberals...and for the people who do agree with me...well I'm sure you'll probably be too scared to be called "racist" so you won't even bother chiming in.

spyboots
04-20-2010, 12:40 AM
Bet we never see THESE articles on Florio's lynch-mob site.

fansince'76
04-20-2010, 12:44 AM
Gregg Doyel, a columnist for CBSSports.com, doesn’t like the way Roger Goodell is conducting himself in his role as commissioner of the National Football League.

Join the club. I've been bitching about the way, in my view at least, this clown has been slowly running the league into the ground for several years now. See my sig.

SteelPride1207
04-20-2010, 12:55 AM
I think Ben was living large and enjoying his birthday the night he went out with friends club hopping in Milledgeville, GA (a place I spent a couple of years earning my MS degree in Applied Psych). I think four things created this situation that night.

First, Ben should have taken the girl back to his place instead of xxx her in a bathroom. Unless the girl was born on another planet, she was obviously comfortable with the "lets get drunk and screw" scene found in almost any college town bar. The fact that her posse of girlfriends followed Ben's group to the next bar, AGAIN joined him at his table, getting drunk, making sexual overatures, and wearing a "DTF" button would make almost every single guy on the planet think he is going to xxx her that night. And you know what...99% of the time that is the correct thinking because that is the "normal ritual" for alot of college xxx.

Second, Ben's real crime is he hasn't let go of his college days where he probably xxx dozens of girls in the exact same scenario. I think most everyone agrees, at this point, with the money he is making, the smart thing would be A) find a model to have a serious relationship with (and probably all the bi-perks that she wil bring into their relationship) or B) spend the $2000 or more a couple of times per week to have perfect 10's taking care of all his pent-up stress (insert sarcastic smile).

Third, the media has been absolutely consistent in doing their job...which is no longer objective reporting...but rather "creating and embelishing" only the facts that bring heightened drama to the story. The facts didn't matter in this case. All that mattered is how the media could paint the picture to make this normal ritual of college xxx look like a rape job.

It amazes me how many people sell their souls (or trust) to the media these days when hearing obviously biased reporting. People need to judge situations with their brains and not only their emotions.

For example, does anyone really believe that people meeting and hanging around Ben that night DID NOT KNOW that he had been been accused of rape before?

If you were an "innocent girl" looking to play safe and have a good night out drinking with friends...you would NOT purposely chase around an accused rapist, engage in sexual talk with him, wear buttons suggesting you were "down to XXX", and drinking so much with him that you could lose control or send the wrong signals.

Even if those who want to crucify Ben dismissed all the "major problems" with the case, I don't see how anyone could possibly argue that the girl didn't do "everything wrong" if she wanted to avoid such a situation. The girl wearing a DTF button, wasted, talking sex to an accused rapist...is not as naive or innocent (as we would like to think our daughter's of being) to escape questioning anything that came out of her mouth.

Lastly, I think two very big elements came into play that night...peer pressure and need for attention. It wasn't until the accuser's sororiety sisters caught wind of her having xxx with Ben and recognizing her feeling uncomfortable about "whatever happened" that they helped pressure the girl into "reporting" a sexual assault to the cops. The girl was there and even under peer pressure she initially said NO nothing wrong happened. It wasn't until she continue to be pushed by her friends, who also embelished the events (as clearly demonstrated by their false reporting of events), where she finally changed her story and said "maybe".

By the next day, things got so out of control that she had to really stand behind "the story" and say "yes I was sexually assaulted".

The story should have ended when she said "no" nothing wrong happened and when the cop on the scene (hanging around with Ben or not) immediately labeled the story BS. The officer deals with this stuff all the time and knows what he was talking about.

All in all...this case should not have gone forward and...I can tell you...if the District Attorney Mr. Not-So-Bright could have twisted the evidence to bring a case again Ben, he would have. The problem was...there was NO evidence supporting sexual assault...and therefore he had absolutely no case.

Ben will get a two game suspension because he hasn't grown up, the Rooney Hypocrisy...I mean reputation, Roger Goodell (snake who handled Spygate for the team owned by his biggest supporter Robert Kraft), the media doing thier biased story building, and the public failing to use their brains but instead running with their emotions.

Hopefully Ben will grow up and get some real value for the price he is going to have to pay through his suspension.

WH
04-20-2010, 01:31 AM
Whatever...white people in general bend over backward to NOT be racist towards blacks. Of course you'll bring up names like Rush Limbaugh like most liberals do to try and label the entire white race as racist...but really, most of the racism in this world is coming from non whites.

Just because Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton get involved in everything and anything...mostly completely ridiculous things, doesn't mean there's real racism going on. Of course that's what the liberal media wants you to believe though. They ONLY report something when it's happening to a black. They'll be playing the victim card until the end of time. I'll honestly be surprised if Al Sharpton isn't marching on the streets of Pittsburgh for Holmes being traded and not Ben before this is all said and done.

And I'm not at all trying to label the entire black race whatsoever...there are PLENTY who won't go and cry racism about everything and anything, but it's a shame that there are a lot out there that do still in this day and age and people like you fall for it.

You can now bash me all you want liberals...and for the people who do agree with me...well I'm sure you'll probably be too scared to be called "racist" so you won't even bother chiming in.

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Galax Steeler
04-20-2010, 03:33 AM
Way to go Woodley that would be the worst thing for Ben is his team giving up on him.

steeldawg
04-20-2010, 05:22 AM
What's weird about his quote about Ben is that when theya sked him if BB had lost the locker room he didn't say "NO!!" he said "I can't speak for everyone." That to me is saying something. The thing about what is going on with Ben roght now is not that everyone is coming out and trashing him but rather how no one is coming out in his defense! No one is really coming out and saying what a great perosn he is, people answer questions about him and sometimes will add that in ie. Woodley, Bettis but no one is really backing him up. Odd IMO

well they also interviewed randal el, willie colon, aaron smith, on espn and all of them said they stand behind ben. So you can try to twist the woeds however you want the fact of the matter is with the way the media is a player is not going to come out and speak for other guys which is exactly what woodley said.

steeldawg
04-20-2010, 05:41 AM
Not to argue but you are wrong. It would have been MUCH better to keep Santonio.
Holmes is a borderline " Super star " And forgetting the fact that some team MIGHT have had a injury to a KEY WR in the next few months where we could have gotten more than a 5th. The simple FACT is that if we would have kept Santonio, not only could he have helped us this season, but when he did leave as a free agent, we DEFINITELY would have gotten a better COMP pick for losing him. Probably a 3rd.

Actually they shopped holmes around and the best we could get was a 5th, that was the best offer. I understand how the comp pick works but why pay him why not free up the spot so we can draft a wr for the future who will have talent and be cheaper. I mean why wait for a season where hes only playing 12 games why to maybe move up one round in the draft. Maybe its not the greatest deal in history but it certainly was not done because santonio holmes was black. Maybe there is someone in this draft they have there eye on .

steeldawg
04-20-2010, 05:51 AM

And if you factor his whopping 755,000 dollar contract this and also playing twelve games there is absolutely no gaurantee we get 3rd for him.

HometownGal
04-20-2010, 06:14 AM

AMEN to that. :drink: It would also be nice to get this forum back to discussing the draft and the upcoming season. Quite frankly, I'm sick to death of this topic. :puke:

fansince'76
04-20-2010, 06:58 AM
And if you factor his whopping 755,000 dollar contract this and also playing twelve games there is absolutely no gaurantee we get 3rd for him.

Exactly. We only got a 5th for Faneca, thanks to some BS "technicality."

moedap
04-20-2010, 07:20 AM
Explain the constant separation to me then (on the part of Black America), because I'm still scratching my head on why we need a "Black History Month" and "black this" and "black that." It would appear to me that it'll never go away until it's all counted together as U.S. History, etc. The separation of the two aspects (black and white) calls more attention to it rather than allowing it to blend. That's my view anyway.

Its already been blended. Most African-Americans are blends. A mixture of African and European bloodlines. It was the U.S. government and white people which constantly separated us from fully participating in the American way of life. Black History Month came about as a way to introduce folks to the true US History. Not the white washed (excuse the pun) history. To this day their are Social/History textbooks (especially in the South) which only give one view of "History". And why was this allowed to occur because of racism.

mesaSteeler
04-20-2010, 07:21 AM
Peter King>MONDAY MORNING QB
Peter King
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/writers/peter_king/04/18/mmqb/index.html

Steelers ready to move forward with Big Ben

Thoughts on The New Draft, the inexact science of mock drafting, why I miss Paul Zimmerman so much at this time of year, the tackle who's all over draft boards ... but first, the only story of the week:

The Ben Roethlisberger saga, and what the Rooney family plans to do about it.

I spoke to Art Rooney II, the Steelers president and franchise caretaker since owner Dan Rooney is at work as Ambassador to Ireland, and wanted to get one thing straight: "My read of what you said in your news conference, and to the New York Times, is that you're moving forward with Ben as a Steeler.''

"That's a fair reading, yup,'' Rooney said.

So unless Roethlisberger screws up again -- unlikely because of how scared he is right now, I'm told -- he'll be the quarterback of the Steelers this year. That is after he's suspended by commissioner Roger Goodell for some period, which I now think has to be at least four games at the start of the season, for violating the league's personal conduct policy.

I feel confident this is going to be league discipline, not Steeler-imposed discipline, even though Rooney made it clear he'd rather the team punish Roethlisberger. The league handles hot-button discipline issues like this from 280 Park Avenue consistently, and I just don't think Goodell wants to cede authority to the team on such a hot-button issue. This also allows the league to rap Roethlisberger longer; the max sanction a team can mete out is four games. The league has no such limit.

On Sunday night, Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reported Goodell is expected to suspend Roethlisberger either Monday or Tuesday. I'd been told last week that the league would still be gathering information on the incident for several more days, but then the 572-page police investigation was released, a damning lot of evidence against Roethlisberger. Whether he's suspended this week or after the draft, there's little doubt Goodell will act swiftly on a Roethlisberger sanction once he feels he has all the pertinent information.

So Roethlisberger stays a Steeler. And the league, not the team, is likely to handle the punishment. Those are the two headlines here, but there's so much more. First, I'm not sure the Steelers giving Roethlisberger another chance is going to mollify Steeler fans. I think the anger of the fans is not going to be soothed very soon, and rightfully so. If a quarter of the accusations from that night in Georgia are true, he deserves the wrath he'll feel. There could be picketing in bucolic Latrobe this summer, at training camp. He'll get booed in his own stadium. He'll have to have cotton in his ears in every road stadium. He'll be a huge distraction to his own team. The Steelers are counting on time healing the wounds of the Steeler public. I'm not sure they're right about that. We'll see.

I know Steeler fans well. I married a Pittsburgh girl. The tenor of the fans I've spoken with goes something like this: I'll always love the Steelers, but I'll never cheer for that bum Roethlisberger again.

"I understand what's out there,'' Rooney said. "It's a difficult situation. I know our fans feel strongly about it. I'm hearing from them in large measure. I've gotten e-mails, been on some message boards and on Facebook. I've read the anger, and I understand it. Ben is embarrassed by it.''

But I'm also left thinking Roethlisberger's image might have been less sullied had he been charged with a crime. We've heard a fairly one-sided portrayal of events of the evening. An underage college girl and some friends are plied with alcohol, and Roethlisberger disappears with a totally intoxicated one, and the totally intoxicated one, who hit her head at one point, told police she remembers saying no to Roethlisberger's advances twice.

I'm not sure how reliable those statements should be, but it's likely the Roethlisberger side will try to let the story die and not refute anything. I believe the night probably happened close to the way the victim and her friends say it did, and that Roethlisberger is a lout. But in this job, I'm always uncomfortable hearing one side of a story, and the damning statements of the victim and her friends will likely be all we hear on this one. Maybe ever.

As for Roethlisberger, he's lucky the Steelers have a different morality standard for their star quarterback than for their Super Bowl MVP receiver. They could have traded Roethlisberger to Oakland, and if you think I'm kidding, you don't know Al Davis. But as angry as they obviously are with him, they're going to back him, assuming he turns his life around.

We could argue all day about the relative fairness of dumping a guy, Santonio Holmes, who is one strike from being banned for a year and entering the last year of a contract the Steelers probably were not going to extend, and keeping the marquee quarterback with two Super Bowl rings and a problem with how he treats women. The fact is, the quarterback's far more important to the team than the receiver, and he's going to get a little more rope. But there's no doubt he's reached the end of it with the Rooney family.

"When I met with Ben, he said he's going to be changing his life,'' Rooney said. Then he paused for two or three seconds.

"Words are the easy part,'' he said. "We have to make sure Ben puts himself on a path to do better. It's a tall order, but it's something he has to do.''

He has no choice if he wants to stay a Steeler. And if he wants to stay a free man.

One last point: However it happened, and finger-pointing aside, at least two women have come forward in the last nine months and accused Roethlisberger of taking advantage of them -- in graphic, sordid detail. That's why Goodell's punishment can't just be four, six or eight games. It has to include some mandatory counseling. If Roethlisberger's serious about changing his life, there's some evidence there that he needs to change how he treats women, and that should include figuring out why he keeps ending up in this spot.

(rest of the article is not about the Steelers - mesa)

Ricco Suavez
04-20-2010, 07:33 AM
This country would be better if we all just spoke for ourselves.

Ricco Suavez
04-20-2010, 07:44 AM
This is what I have been saying for some time. Goodell is overstepping his power and if Ben decided to fight a suspension legally than I believe he has a good chance of winning. On the other hand I think the Rooneys should apply the Suspension. This is beginning to appear as if the Steelers do not want to suspend BB either because they do not want too harsh of a penalty that could hurt the team or a perceived too light of a penalty that puts them a worse PR situation.

Steel_12
04-20-2010, 07:48 AM
Did ya'll even read what Barkley said? He didn't say anything wrong....reading comprehension, people! He's actually questioning the motives of black people.

Texasteel
04-20-2010, 07:51 AM

It doesn't really bother me that he didn't go down the list of the accusers accusations and deny them one be one. Actually I think that would have been a dumb thing for him to doing. Nor does it bother me that he didn't publicly admit to anything, again, I think that would have been a pretty dumb thing for him to do, and I believe his lawyer probably told him that. I don't think he should admit to doing something wrong if he didn't, other than embarrass the organization, which I think he did apologize for.

I don't blame him for wanting to put this behind him either. I think that is a rational and normal thing, and I think most fans feel the same way about it. No charges have be filed. The case will go on in the public eye even though the DA, who I still think would have jumped on anything he could have found, said there was nothing stable for him to go on.

From here it is up to each one of us to make up our own minds as to who we believe. You have made your choice, and I have made mine.

Steel_12
04-20-2010, 07:55 AM
and denying a qualified white person a job in order to hire an unqualified minority for the same job just to fill a quota is also racist ... oh wait...thats called affirmative action or something like that...:noidea:

Well if white people wouldn't have made it so difficult for qualified minorities to get a job it wouldn't be that way...can't blame minorities for wanting to be treated fairly.

slippy
04-20-2010, 07:56 AM
maybe godell could spend a little time on this thing called "a labor dispute". after all, that's kinda his job.

Steel_12
04-20-2010, 07:58 AM
The NFL suspended him indefinitely back in 2007, and he spent 2 years out of the league...PLUS the 2 games in the 2009 season. That's a 34 reg. season game suspension if you are counting...

People only see what they want to see...

Steel_12
04-20-2010, 08:00 AM

This! And you wonder why some black people can't stand white people lol.

Steel_12
04-20-2010, 08:05 AM

Great post! Even though the majority here will not agree with you or will not understand.

43Hitman
04-20-2010, 08:09 AM
Not trying to steal your thunder, just trying to get the message out that there's more than one side to the story.

I'm thinking of making the link my new signature.

:wink02:

I didn't take it that way. :thumbsup: I was agreeing with you that when things get put into their proper perspective, it really changes the way things look and are perceived.

memphissteelergirl
04-20-2010, 08:29 AM
It's not the chubbiness that turns me off - I like my men with a little meat on 'em. It's that rat's nest of a doo that gags me with a spoon. :yuck:

:toofunny::toofunny::toofunny: HTG, you a trip!

...but I tend to agree. I think the buzzcut suits him much better.

Steel_12
04-20-2010, 08:32 AM

Jesse Jackson is an opportunist. Most black people that I know don't agree with most things he does. Just like all you see is Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton fighting for equal rights, all black people see is Rush Limbaugh and FOX NEWS racism.

I don't know you or how you grew up but i can assume that you don't know too many black people. Racism happens everyday in this country. Whether it's dirty looks in stores or being denied a job (yes I know white people don't get hired too), it happens EVERYDAY. You are so caught up in your world that you haven't expanded your mind to see what's going on around you.

I'm in the military...the most diverse work force in the world...you wouldn't think there would be racism, right? Wrong. Awards, promotions, decorations and other recognitions are still influenced by the good ol boy system. Black people have to work harder to get recognized...make it to where they have no choice but to recognize you. Why should we have to do everything 10% better just to be on an equal playing field? You got damn right we are going to play the race card and call a spade a spade. Either you're ignorant because you're young or you're set in your ways but you need to try to see it from the other point of view befor you claim black people are crying and making stuff up.

NJarhead
04-20-2010, 08:41 AM
well they also interviewed randal el, willie colon, aaron smith, on espn and all of them said they stand behind ben. So you can try to twist the woeds however you want the fact of the matter is with the way the media is a player is not going to come out and speak for other guys which is exactly what woodley said.

:rofl: How exactly did he "twist" any words around????

I guess "de-nile" isn't just a river in Egypt. :noidea:

MasterOfPuppets
04-20-2010, 08:46 AM
Well if white people wouldn't have made it so difficult for qualified minorities to get a job it wouldn't be that way...can't blame minorities for wanting to be treated fairly.
since when does 2 wrongs make a right ? :noidea:

NJarhead
04-20-2010, 08:49 AM
Its already been blended. Most African-Americans are blends. A mixture of African and European bloodlines. It was the U.S. government and white people which constantly separated us from fully participating in the American way of life. Black History Month came about as a way to introduce folks to the true US History. Not the white washed (excuse the pun) history. To this day their are Social/History textbooks (especially in the South) which only give one view of "History". And why was this allowed to occur because of racism.

Yea, that is another aspect holding us back. I can't argue you there.

Steel_12
04-20-2010, 08:49 AM
since when does 2 wrongs make a right ? :noidea:

So it's wrong to give people a fair chance at a job? WOW

X-Terminator
04-20-2010, 08:58 AM

Pretty sure he was talking about denial of a job based on race being wrong in both instances. And he's absolutely right about that. People should get jobs based on merit and qualification, regardless of skin color. No, we're not all the way there yet, but you also cannot deny there hasn't been significant progress made in that area over the past 40-50 years either.

Steel_12
04-20-2010, 09:09 AM
Pretty sure he was talking about denial of a job based on race being wrong in both instances. And he's absolutely right about that. People should get jobs based on merit and qualification, regardless of skin color. No, we're not all the way there yet, but you also cannot deny there hasn't been significant progress made in that area over the past 40-50 years either.

I know what he was saying...and it's not wrong to have affirmitive action. It's in place to ensure minorities get a fair shot at a job. You're right, people should get jobs based on that criteria...but they weren't and that's why you need affirmitive action. It sucks that white people now have to deal with what their people did then. But our people have had to deal with much worse!!!

Progress has been made, sure, but there is still a long way to go.

NJarhead
04-20-2010, 09:09 AM

I most definitely agree here. Giving someone a job based on the fact that they are a minority over someone who is more qualified is counter productive.

MasterOfPuppets
04-20-2010, 09:32 AM
see XT's reply ..... but how is giving someone a job based on thier skin color any different than denying a person a job based on thier skin color ? either way somebody is being discriminated against ...
true story. i ran into a long time friend / former classmate at a state park wearing a park rangers uni. well the guy happens to be black and knowing him for 30 years i know he has neither a college degree or could tell the difference between a cricket or a grasshopper, and i'd venture to say he's probably not spent too much time out in nature. i also know a guy who has a worthless degree in forest technology and his aspirations to work in a state park have never panned out due to competition and limited job oppurtunities...:noidea:

Steel_12
04-20-2010, 09:48 AM
see XT's reply ..... but how is giving someone a job based on thier skin color any different than denying a person a job based on thier skin color ? either way somebody is being discriminated against ...
true story. i ran into a long time friend / former classmate at a state park wearing a park rangers uni. well the guy happens to be black and knowing him for 30 years i know he has neither a college degree or could tell the difference between a cricket or a grasshopper, and i'd venture to say he's probably not spent too much time out in nature. i also know a guy who has a worthless degree in forest technology and his aspirations to work in a state park have never panned out due to competition and limited job oppurtunities...:noidea:

Sad story, I agree. But every action has a reaction and denying minorities the opportunity to work because of their skin color has made it to where we don't hire the most qualified person. Blame the good ol boys for this...white people can't be mad at something they had apart in creating!

Vincent
04-20-2010, 09:51 AM
I think Ben is guilty as sin. Last I checked, it didn't matter a hill of @#$% what I think.

Ben has been disruptive, detrimental and even destructive to his family, his team, our city, and possibly the league. Guilty as sin.

On the basis of Ben's having been convicted in the court of public opinion, he has been and deservedly so. Not so in the actual courts.

If "rules" mean anything, then they need to be enforced as they read at the time of any infraction in question. At the time of the infractions in question they read "charged" and "convicted".

As pissed off as I am at Ben, he hasn't been charged, and won't be. He hasn't been convicted of anything. End of discussion.

IMHO, Goddell pushing a suspension opens the league's rules to scrutiny he really doesn't want. It would do more damage to the league to push it than deal with the racial fallout. And that is probably the real issue. If there isn't a suspension, it gives the race issue a lot of fuel for the fire. Roger have hisself in a tight place.

BlastFurnace
04-20-2010, 09:54 AM
Sad story, I agree. But every action has a reaction and denying minorities the opportunity to work because of their skin color has made it to where we don't hire the most qualified person. Blame the good ol boys for this...white people can't be mad at something they had apart in creating!

But many of us had nothing to do with this. Is this something that minorities..of all color..will still be harping on 50 years from now when the generation that did this has long been dead?

I'm an Officer in my company and if the person sitting across from me is not qualified....they don't get hired. I don't care what color they are and I don't care how white, black, asian, or hispanic my group is. I only want people who can do the job that I hire them to do.

If people do their job and do it right, people in a working environment will get along. It's when people are hired that are not qualified where work issues arise.

WH
04-20-2010, 09:57 AM
Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson have never stood for anything other than attention whoring in my eyes.

P.S. I still haven't heard any apologies from Al Sharpton issued to the Duke Lacross team.

WH
04-20-2010, 09:57 AM
But many of us had nothing to do with this. Is this something that minorities..of all color..will still be harping on 50 years from now when the generation that did this has long been dead?

All signs point to yes.

WH
04-20-2010, 10:00 AM
I think Ben is guilty as sin. Last I checked, it didn't matter a hill of @#$% what I think.

Ben has been disruptive, detrimental and even destructive to his family, his team, our city, and possibly the league. Guilty as sin.

On the basis of Ben's having been convicted in the court of public opinion, he has been and deservedly so. Not so in the actual courts.

If "rules" mean anything, then they need to be enforced as they read at the time of any infraction in question. At the time of the infractions in question they read "charged" and "convicted".

As pissed off as I am at Ben, he hasn't been charged, and won't be. He hasn't been convicted of anything. End of discussion.

IMHO, Goddell pushing a suspension opens the league's rules to scrutiny he really doesn't want. It would do more damage to the league to push it than deal with the racial fallout. And that is probably the real issue. If there isn't a suspension, it gives the race issue a lot of fuel for the fire. Roger have hisself in a tight place.
Stated perfectly.

:drink::drink::drink:

moedap
04-20-2010, 10:05 AM
Not that I have ranted on race and racism I will give my opinion on the Big Ben situation.

1. He should be suspended due to the moral clause and precedent set forth by the NFL.

2. I dont believe the NFL operated on a double standard it was more so the media. Should Goodell not suspend Ben then the double standard argument against the NFL would be valid.

3. There is no way Santonio Holmes value compares to Big Bens value and talks of the Steelers Organization trading Big Ben away is just preposterous.

4. There is no way the organization (Steelers) that was first in just about everything when it came to giving African-Americans chances(first black player, first black coach, first to stick with a black QB when all evidence pointed to him not cutting it(Kordell), Rooney rule) operates with racism.

5. If Big Ben did have sexual relations with the girl he is an idiot for having sexual relations in a public bathroom. Especially since he has a home in the area.

6. Lets remove the double standard that says women having casual sex should be looked at as a ***** while men are looked at as studs.(I put this on the women in the world more than the men because it is other women who do most of the ***** calling).

Steel_12
04-20-2010, 10:09 AM

I'm an Officer in my company and if the person sitting across from me is not qualified....they don't get hired. I don't care what color they are and I don't care how white, black, asian, or hispanic my group is. I only want people who can do the job that I hire them to do.

If people do their job and do it right, people in a working environment will get along. It's when people are hired that are not qualified where work issues arise.

Yes...50 years from now this will still be going on because racism will never die...and I mean racism coming from any race, not just whites. I believe we have come a long way in this country. But 400 years of oppression can't be made up in 50 years. I understand this generation had nothing to do with it but history has shaped this country and racism had a big part in that shaping.

I applaud you for doing that. We need more company execs like you.

I'm not arguing that qualified people shouldn't be hired in favor of an unqualified person. I'm just saying that we wouldn't have this problem if it weren't for what happened in the past. People saying Affirmitive action isn't warranted aren't respecting the struggle minorities have went through to be on an equal playing field.

NJarhead
04-20-2010, 10:31 AM

Denying a man (or a woman) a job because of skin color is wrong; no question about it. However, hiring a man (or a woman) because of skin color is a bit hypocritical and equally wrong.

That said, I understand that something had to be done, but affirmative action is not the answer. To be honest, I don't know what is. But I do know it's not that.

Shoes
04-20-2010, 10:48 AM

Great Post Vin :thumbsup:

SteelerEmpire
04-20-2010, 10:56 AM
The good news is that the race issue in this country is constantly moving forward... The 'racial agenda' and influence of the people who have chosen the path of hate (weather they be white, black, asain, etc...) is shrinking. While influence of the more civil members of our society is growing... and accelerating.

But man, it seems like its taking forever...

BigBen'sSwagger
04-20-2010, 11:34 AM
Jesse Jackson is an opportunist. Most black people that I know don't agree with most things he does. Just like all you see is Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton fighting for equal rights, all black people see is Rush Limbaugh and FOX NEWS racism.

I don't know you or how you grew up but i can assume that you don't know too many black people. Racism happens everyday in this country. Whether it's dirty looks in stores or being denied a job (yes I know white people don't get hired too), it happens EVERYDAY. You are so caught up in your world that you haven't expanded your mind to see what's going on around you.

I'm in the military...the most diverse work force in the world...you wouldn't think there would be racism, right? Wrong. Awards, promotions, decorations and other recognitions are still influenced by the good ol boy system. Black people have to work harder to get recognized...make it to where they have no choice but to recognize you. Why should we have to do everything 10% better just to be on an equal playing field? You got damn right we are going to play the race card and call a spade a spade. Either you're ignorant because you're young or you're set in your ways but you need to try to see it from the other point of view befor you claim black people are crying and making stuff up.

So are you saying only good ole white boys get promoted???

SteelerFanInStl
04-20-2010, 11:57 AM
Wow, an article from someone with half a brain. I'm surprised and agree 100% with what he says. Isn't it nice how Goodell can change his personal conduct policy to fit Ben's case so that he can suspend him? Ridiculous! Goodell is ruining the sport that I love.

wootawnee
04-20-2010, 12:29 PM
Bout time someone speaks up about the corporate takeover of our country and our favorite game.......Civil rights are being stepped on, just to make more money for the league........

LambertIsGod58
04-20-2010, 12:36 PM

no idea what I'm talking about? ReaaaaallllY? So aside from off the field issues, we would have had no reason to re-sign Santo? With an aging Hines, a young Wallace and Sweed who can't catch, we wouldn't have tried to re-sign a Super Bowl MVP like Holmes? I totally disagree. He was let go because of his off the field issues.....period. I don't care if this was his last year or not. Keeping Ben because he's the quarterback doesn't cut it.

SteelCityMom
04-20-2010, 01:08 PM

I get what you mean here, and I sympathize with minorities struggles over the generations. But be honest, wouldn't you rather get a promotion based on the fact that you (or any other black/minority) worked that much harder to get that much better than a white person, or would you rather get a promotion being fairly mediocre and meeting a company's affirmative action quota.

In it's beginning affirmative action was very much needed just to get minorities in the door for interviews. Now, company's feel pressured to hire a certain number of minorities only because they have to and not because they feel those people are going to do a better job.

Sometimes struggles make you the better person, so if you have to struggle to be 10% better than a white person...do it and be proud. Don't be proud because someone forced a company's hand to make it an equal playing field. Equal that playing field with your own accomplishments.

zulater
04-20-2010, 01:12 PM
At this point we don't know what direction the Steelers are going to move in regards to Ben. I know it's been said that they plan on keeping him provided he behaves himself and I expect that's what will happen. But it also occurs to me that this sudden movement by the league to pronounce sentence on Ben in short order rather than the week after the draft might be on request of the Steelers so they might explore the possibility of a draft day trade. :noidea:

Anyway, it's just idle speculation, it could go either way, and here is where I'm disturbed. Not that a clear course of action hasn't been arrived at yet, this is a complicated matter, a very important matter, and shouldn't be rushed as a result. No what bothers me is that we have Steelers fans on both sides of the issue threatening to withdraw their support of the team if their way isn't followed. So let me address both sides one by one.

If you call yourself a Steelers fan and stop supporting the team because the loss of a single player, no matter how good or important that player, then you weren't really much of a fan to begin with. You were always more a fan of the player than the team, which is fine, but just be sure not to let the door hit your ass on the way out as your hero leaves if that's what happens.

Now on the other side it's a little more complicated. I can understand why people who truly believe Ben a rapist and shouldn't be on the team and will refuse to support a team led by him as a result. To them I say if you really believe the Rooney's would employ a man they truly believe to be a rapist just to win a few more games then you probably don't know much about the Rooney's and the Steelers ways, and you wouldn't be missed either.

The Rooney's know way more about this situation than any of us do. They've sat in a room with Ben and looked him in the eye and asked him the questions that needed to be asked, and will move on accordingly as a result of whatever vibe they got out of those meetings. They might not act immediatly if they feel Ben's a sexual deviant or predator, but they will act, and almost certainly before the season begins.

Could they be wrong? Of course. But I think it's way more likely that they'll get it right and if they keep Ben I think that's a sure sign that they feel he has redeemable qualities both as a player and a human being. ( and also that they don't believe him guilty of sexually assualting his accusers) To think otherwise is not to know this team or it's owners.

In conclusion if you're really a Steeler fan you should put your trust in the orginization to do the right thing and respect and be supportive of whatever decision is eventually arrived at even if it isn't what you wished to happen. .

Steel_12
04-20-2010, 01:17 PM
So are you saying only good ole white boys get promoted???

No I'm not... I said that because of the good ole boy system, black people have to work harder to get recognized.

Vincent
04-20-2010, 01:20 PM
Has Oprah weighed in on this yet? it has no significance to pop culture as a whole until Oprah weighs in on it! :popcorn:

I don't think Oprah's weight has anything to do with this and you're a racist sexist homophobe for bringing it up. :mad: Its not her fault she doesn't "do" stairs.

LVSteelersfan
04-20-2010, 01:24 PM
Heil Goodell !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bow down at his feet or face the storm troopers when the blitzkrieg starts. He is an idiot and the owners need to band together and take care of this twit before the NFL goes down the drain. Work on the labor dispute before there is a stupid lockout instead of suspending people. You think the NFL has a problem now, just wait until we lose another season because these morons won't come to an agreement.

Steel_12
04-20-2010, 01:29 PM
I get what you mean here, and I sympathize with minorities struggles over the generations. But be honest, wouldn't you rather get a promotion based on the fact that you (or any other black/minority) worked that much harder to get that much better than a white person, or would you rather get a promotion being fairly mediocre and meeting a company's affirmative action quota.

In it's beginning affirmative action was very much needed just to get minorities in the door for interviews. Now, company's feel pressured to hire a certain number of minorities only because they have to and not because they feel those people are going to do a better job.

Sometimes struggles make you the better person, so if you have to struggle to be 10% better than a white person...do it and be proud. Don't be proud because someone forced a company's hand to make it an equal playing field. Equal that playing field with your own accomplishments.

Again, I never said it was ok to hire an unqualified person over a qualified person. I understand the bad points of affirmitive action but I also understand the good points. Sometimes struggles make you the better person and sometimes struggles make you the bitter person. Unless people have been in that situation, how can they tell a person not to be bitter? All I hear is that black people cry and whine about everything...like we have no reason to. That's what's frustrating...the denial and lack of respect for we have to deal with...then and now.

But I agree the most qualified person should get the job.

BlastFurnace
04-20-2010, 01:37 PM
I don't think Oprah's weight has anything to do with this and you're a racist sexist homophobe for bringing it up. :mad: Its not her fault she doesn't "do" stairs.

Oprah's weight would definitely "tip the scales"

SteelMember
04-20-2010, 01:42 PM
Steelers expect Roethlisberger ruling from commish tomorrow (http://postgazette.com/pg/10110/1051941-66.stm)
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
By Gerry Dulac, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers are expecting to hear Wednesday what punishment Ben Roethlisberger will receive from NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in connection with his alleged sexual-assault incident in Georgia, the Post-Gazette has learned.

Roethlisberger was not charged in the case in Milledgeville, Ga., in which he was accused by a 20-year-old college student of assaulting her in a nightclub bathroom. But he is expected to be suspended by the league for what Goodell referred to as repeated bad judgment.

Art Rooney II said in a press conference last Thursday that the Steelers will work with Goodell to determine the punishment, which would include the length of the suspension.

The announcement is expected to come a day before the start of the NFL draft -- a draft in which director of football operations Kevin Colbert has said the Steelers do not need a quarterback.

Meantime, Roethlisberger was on the field today for his second day of offseason practice with his teammates.

Wednesday, not Tuesday.

I think this kinda helps if it is indeed true. Make the announcement, then the next day the media will be all over the draft. So hopefully the Ben saga is just a side bar and not the headline anymore. :noidea:

BigBen'sSwagger
04-20-2010, 01:47 PM
No I'm not... I said that because of the good ole boy system, black people have to work harder to get recognized.

Wow really?!?!?

What are you basing that on? Is it even possible that there could be another situation where it is just the opposite?

WH
04-20-2010, 01:50 PM
Wow really?!?!?

What are you basing that on? Is it even possible that there could be another situation where it is just the opposite?

the NBA?

Steel_12
04-20-2010, 02:00 PM
Wow really?!?!?

My 12 years of military service. I know how the military works and how recognition works. So yes, really. There are far fewer situations where it's the opposite.

Steel_12
04-20-2010, 02:00 PM
the NBA?

QB1?

SteelGhost
04-20-2010, 02:07 PM
Steelers expect Roethlisberger ruling from commish tomorrow (http://postgazette.com/pg/10110/1051941-66.stm)
Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Steelers are expecting to hear Wednesday what punishment Ben Roethlisberger will receive from NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in connection with his alleged sexual-assault incident in Georgia, the Post-Gazette has learned.

Roethlisberger was not charged in the case in Milledgeville, Ga., in which he was accused by a 20-year-old college student of assaulting her in a nightclub bathroom. But he is expected to be suspended by the league for what Goodell referred to as repeated bad judgment.

Art Rooney II said in a press conference last Thursday that the Steelers will work with Goodell to determine the punishment, which would include the length of the suspension.

The announcement is expected to come a day before the start of the NFL draft -- a draft in which director of football operations Kevin Colbert has said the Steelers do not need a quarterback.Meantime, Roethlisberger was on the field today for his second day of offseason practice with his teammates.

Wednesday, not Tuesday.

I think this kinda helps if it is indeed true. Make the announcement, then the next day the media will be all over the draft. So hopefully the Ben saga is just a side bar and not the headline anymore. :noidea:

This smells like 1-2 game suspension IMHO, :chuckle:

BigBen'sSwagger
04-20-2010, 02:17 PM
My 12 years of military service. I know how the military works and how recognition works. So yes, really. There are far fewer situations where it's the opposite.

Again you seem stuck to your opinion I guess I am looking for something more than just a general statement, or opinion. What exactly is the foundation of your stated opinion?

There are many here who have military experience and I for one have seen both sides of the coin. Good ole boys can be both white and black and I personally don't care for either.

I could have become a good ole boy and all I had to do was get the guy a Harley Davidson t-shirt from a TDY. Wouldn't you know that damn shop was closed every time we drove past it. HMMM

My punishment was a TDY to the to a little tiny island that was nothing but volcanic rock. Funny thing is word got back that I was having a good time so when I got back they sent me to the desert. Guess what?!?!? Had a good time there as well. Every place or experience is what you make of it.

steeltheone
04-20-2010, 02:21 PM
If it cleans up the league im all for it...Im sick and tired of this thug like, i'm above the law behavior.

Steel_12
04-20-2010, 02:33 PM
Again you seem stuck to your opinion I guess I am looking for something more than just a general statement, or opinion. What exactly is the foundation of your stated opinion?

There are many here who have military experience and I for one have seen both sides of the coin. Good ole boys can be both white and black and I personally don't care for either.

I could have become a good ole boy and all I had to do was get the guy a Harley Davidson t-shirt from a TDY. Wouldn't you know that damn shop was closed every time we drove past it. HMMM

My punishment was a TDY to the to a little tiny island that was nothing but volcanic rock. Funny thing is word got back that I was having a good time so when I got back they sent me to the desert. Guess what?!?!? Had a good time there as well. Every place or experience is what you make of it.

I'm not stuck in my opinion because I've seen many cases where this has happened...making it fact! I mean you just gave me an example of what I was talking about. You were punished for not being apart of the system. So how is what I said an opinion?

steelerdude15
04-20-2010, 02:37 PM
This is getting pretty stupid.

BigBen'sSwagger
04-20-2010, 03:13 PM
I'm not stuck in my opinion because I've seen many cases where this has happened...making it fact! I mean you just gave me an example of what I was talking about. You were punished for not being apart of the system. So how is what I said an opinion?

Ok let me see if I can put this a little differently. Rather than just saying because I have seen it, be a little more specific give an example.

Was I punished? I guess I have a different perspective than you.Most people would agree with you, but if you notice I stated that not only did I make the best of a situation it got back to him that if you need someone to go there send him (me that is). It got under his skin to think he sent me to 2 of the worst places he could think of and, I thrived on it as a matter of fact after those 2 experiences I was sent to Key West. Go figure. I loved it there too by the way.

I guess what I'm trying to say and hopefully show you is anything is what you make of it. Sometimes that is easier to see the dark side rather than the bright side.

AllD
04-20-2010, 04:41 PM
I trust the Rooney's more than I trust the U.S. government.

BlastFurnace
04-20-2010, 05:03 PM
I trust the Rooney's more than I trust the U.S. government.

That's not saying much.

whatdoiknow
04-20-2010, 05:58 PM
Well I better DAMN well see J.Allen suspended to then.

TMZ video: Vikings' Jared Allen threatens to break bar patron's neck
Apr
4/20/2010 3:37:40 PM | More

Paul Walsh of the Minneapolis Star Tribune reports a leading gossip website posted video Tuesday of Vikings defensive end Jared Allen threatening to break the neck of a fellow bar patron in his off-season hometown of Scottsdale, Ariz.

TMZ.com reports that the 6-foot-6, 270-pound Allen was angry because a man at the Grapevine bar hurled a "four-letter slur" toward his fiancee.

"I'll break your [expletive] neck, homeboy," Allen says in the TMZ video, "and then I'll write a check to your [expletive] name too." The incident reportedly happened a few weekends ago.

In the video, a woman can be seen directing Allen away from the other man. No actual physical confrontation is shown.

"We're told both Jared and the other dude each left the bar without further incident," the TMZ report reads.

Messages have been left with authorities in Scottsdale to determine whether any charges against Allen are being pursued. Arizona law makes it a misdemeanor to threaten to "cause physical injury to another person or serious damage to the property of another."

Prok
04-20-2010, 06:39 PM
I trust the Rooneys and they have done us good IMO.

I'm even happier with Art II than i thought i'd be.

But if they trade Ben over accusations and NO charges ? My trust in them takes a BIG hit.

Ya just don't deal a top 5 QB in his prime years.

polamalubeast
04-20-2010, 06:58 PM
Steelers' Roethlisberger awaits fate; trade not ruled out
Tuesday, April 20, 2010
While they are expecting to learn today what punishment quarterback Ben Roethlisberger will receive from National Football League commissioner Roger Goodell, the Steelers have received trade feelers from other teams and have not ruled out the possibility of dealing their two-time Super Bowl-winning quarterback, the Post-Gazette has learned.

It is not believed the Steelers are actively seeking to trade Roethlisberger, nor are they close to doing what they did with Super Bowl XLIII MVP Santonio Holmes, who was traded for a fifth-round pick to the New York Jets because the team was planning to release him anyway.

Nonetheless, the possibility Roethlisberger could be traded, provided the price is right, is not being discounted by the team.

The Steelers did shore up their quarterback corps late today by trading a seventh-round pick to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers for veteran quarterback Byron Leftwich, who was Roethlisberger's backup in 2008.

Meantime, the Post-Gazette reported on its website earlier today that the Steelers are expecting to hear Wednesday what punishment Roethlisberger will receive from Goodell in connection with an alleged sexual-assault incident in Georgia.

Roethlisberger was not charged in the case in Milledgeville, Ga., in which he was accused by a 20-year-old college student of assaulting her in a nightclub bathroom. But he is expected to be suspended by the league, perhaps two to four games, for violating the league's personal conduct policy.

Steelers president Art Rooney II said in a press conference last Thursday that the Steelers will work with Goodell to determine the punishment and that no further discipline would be administered.

Rooney said Roethlisberger is prepared to accept the "consequences."

At the time of the press conference, the Steelers were unaware of the details of the alleged incident that were contained in a police report that was made public Friday.

Goodell's announcement would come a day before the start of the NFL draft -- a draft in which director of football operations Kevin Colbert has said the Steelers do not need a quarterback.

Meantime, Roethlisberger was on the field Tuesday for his second day of offseason workouts with his teammates. He did not speak with the media after practice.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10110/1051941-66.stm?cmpid=steelers.xml#ixzz0lgifAyXL

cloppbeast
04-20-2010, 07:03 PM
But if they trade Ben over accusations and NO charges ? My trust in them takes a BIG hit.

With this, I agree. Trading Ben just because of the allegation or his behavior would be foolish. But suppose they got "fair value" (you can decide this for yourself) for their franchise QB?

If the Rooney's contrast in stance towards between Harrison and Reed, and Bam Morris and Cedric Wilson is any indication, they'll put up with a considerable amount depending on how you perform but often use conduct as an excuse to drop the expendable. The Holmes trade indicates, though, that they do have a breaking point even with great players. Ben's on thin ice, but I don't think they're fed up yet. With that said, I think they are more willing to deal Ben than in a normal situation, but it will require a monster deal. Normally, I doubt they would even consider it.

pancake
04-20-2010, 07:04 PM
Mark it down, if we trade Big Ben, we won't sniff a super bowl for 10 years... Window closed!

SCSTILLER
04-20-2010, 07:08 PM
Mark it down, if we trade Big Ben, we won't sniff a super bowl for 10 years... Window closed!

part of me hopes he will be traded, part of me doesn't because I suffered through Bubby, Malone, Graham, Stewart, etc. etc. etc. But, if he is traded, we have again become the class act of the league, and everyone will again know that there is a standard that comes with bein a Pittsburgh Steeler

JSH6487
04-20-2010, 07:09 PM

I'd go atleast 20.

Prok
04-20-2010, 07:10 PM
With this, I agree. Trading Ben just because of the allegation or his behavior would be foolish. But suppose they got "fair value" (you can decide this for yourself) for their franchise QB?

If the Rooney's contrast in stance towards between Harrison and Reed, and Bam Morris and Cedric Wilson is any indication, they'll put up with a considerable amount depending on how you perform but often use conduct as an excuse to drop the expendable. The Holmes trade indicates, though, that they do have a breaking point even with great players. Ben's on thin ice, but I don't think they're fed up yet. With that said, I think they are more willing to deal Ben than in a normal situation, but it will require a monster deal. Normally, I doubt they would even consider it.

Good post. IMO they know what they got in Ben. A top 5 QB entering his prime years. Now alot of ppl want to make a fuss over his concussions etc as well, but with Ben you have a SB contending offense. No way i'd trade that unless a team offers un-realistic deal. And that just won't happen.

At some point the next few years we will be facing a re-building job. But not right now. All the moves we made signal's the FO and CS believes we are a contending team needing a player here and there to get us over the hump.

Trading the top 5 QB for un-proven picks jut doesn't make sense to me. Let the guy get his act together and help us win.

:tt:

pancake
04-20-2010, 07:11 PM
If the Rooneys trade Ben, I will be pissed at them letting him go and Ben for putting himself in this situation, but when it is all said and done, I will still be 100% loyal to the Steelers... :tt04:

steelerfan75
04-20-2010, 07:16 PM
anyone who thinks that the steelers cant win with out ben is so full of it dont get me wrong with ben we have a better chance of getting there this year of even next but saying 10 or 20 years come on you guys must not have a clue.

pancake
04-20-2010, 07:17 PM
part of me hopes he will be traded, part of me doesn't because I suffered through Bubby, Malone, Graham, Stewart, etc. etc. etc. But, if he is traded, we have again become the class act of the league, and everyone will again know that there is a standard that comes with bein a Pittsburgh Steeler

I agree, but the thought of going through that list again makes me sick... I don't agree with BB decisions, but their job is to win football games. I started liking Pittsburgh because they were winners coming out of the 70's(I really missed out on the run with 1980 SB being my 1st as a fan) and loved how the team was ran by the Rooneys. I totally respect the Rooneys, but I want to win Super Bowls... JMO

MACH1
04-20-2010, 07:19 PM
anyone who thinks that the steelers cant win with out ben is so full of it dont get me wrong with ben we have a better chance of getting there this year of even next but saying 10 or 20 years come on you guys must not have a clue.

um yeah, from 79-80 to 2005 went by in a blink.

:doh: